Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 2, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2017
I'm willing to watch more of this. Though there were some problems with it (like the pacing and the characters), I want to see where the story goes.
Sep 2, 2019 4:59 PM
Feb 2017
Saito6689 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Your average Shield Hero fan. It's okay to acknowledge the weak points of your show without crying like children over people discussing why the show is not great/why we are getting a second season.

And yes Psycho, people can sometimes not enjoy a show when it has a lot of flaws and feels uninspiring and thrown together unprofessionally.

Thanks for quoting me...your average sub human. Now go ahead and tell me what i did to earn your attention. I mean, i'm sorry...i wasn't aware that i'm not allowed to be excited about a new shield hero season IN A FUCKING SHIELD HERO TOPIC. Sometimes i wish i was a mod, i would ban people like you from this galaxy.

I wasn't aware that you have to discriminate against those who disagree with you, then again you're just a child as it seems by the way you're treating me even though I've done nothing to offend or lash out at you. There's a reason why you have to send an application to be a mod, it requires maturity :c.
Sep 2, 2019 5:22 PM

Apr 2019
Damn that was quick and there have been two seasons announced

season 2 and season 3

Still tho HYYYYYYPE

Sep 2, 2019 5:42 PM

May 2015
Thanjh said:
inim said:

Um, precisely that is what is best for everybody. And you have issues with that method because _________________ ?
Personally if I don’t like a show I’ll finish it to see how the story finishes. Telling people to just not watch it is childish. People like myself want to finish the whole thing and give criticisms as they do. Saying to simply not watch it is like me saying to simply not reply to any of the hate if you don’t like it.

Watching something you don't like just so you can rant about it every week in the episode discussions is stupid and pathetic.

Sep 2, 2019 5:58 PM

Jul 2014
Season one was decent, it was a 7.5 to me so I gave it an 8. But ffs, the heroes sure had some kind of brain damage, and it doesn't get any better in the next arc (although I heard they stop being so damn stupid later, much later).
Sep 2, 2019 7:49 PM

Mar 2019
Gross.. Hope the quality doesnt drop off even more. First season became so disappointing.
Sep 2, 2019 11:31 PM

Jan 2019
Get ready for another endless forum war of haters vs fanboys vs perpetually offended people.

Jokes aside, still gonna watch this show, sure first season had lot of flaws, but it was overall entertaining for me.
Sep 2, 2019 11:42 PM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
chair-sama said:
FUCK THIS SHIT! You're telling me that this trash is getting 2nd season, and some other good shows like no game no life, or Hunter X Hunter don't? What's with this world?
Hunter X Hunter can't really get another season, the manga hasn't finished any arcs since were it left off.
Sep 3, 2019 12:13 AM

Oct 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
JanPri said:
I'm really glad we're getting 2nd and even 3rd season!

The first season was really great; finally not some OP protagonist without personality transported to an another world because he was hit by truck or "god" whimsically summoned him or whatever, loved instantly by all and his harem just because he is the protagonist...
And the animation with OST was top-notch for most of the part.
With Re:zero 2nd season announced now just remains Grimgar.

But since I expect a horde of brainwashed and brain dead idiots to start complaining and shitting on this show, here's a word of advice: Nobody is making you to watch this. You can hate it; You can go watch whatever else you want and complain about how horrible trash is it there. Or, if you don't have anything else to do, why don't you go watch Isekai wa Smartphone or rewatch FMB or whatever you consider as the best-thing-ever-written for 1889x time?
I'm saying it for your sake, since I'm a very kind person; you can surely use your time more productively.

Saito6689 said:
Came in here just to express my joy and surprise and we already got an ass full of hater comments.
Can't you guys just stay away from animes/topics that you don't like instead of whining? Or just die in a fire, maybe, pretty please?

psychopath666 said:
Oh damn, so many "1337" anime fans trashing this show. I really hope I never get to the level of anime god that these guys are in.

Imagine not being able to enjoy a show like The Rising of The Shield Hero or even the second season of One Punch Man. What sad lives they must have with all those "trash" animes airing...

Wouldn't your time be better used supporting what you like, instead of wasting your time trashing what you don't like? I don't know, just an idea.

Your average Shield Hero fan.

So you think you are better than these people(and me), because you didn't like the anime?

Basically that's what you're implying with this sentence.
Sep 3, 2019 1:30 AM

Jul 2019
Can't say that I'm excited. It's the most overrated iseakai out there.
The writing and characters are insultingly bad and I'm not even going to talk about misogyny or sexism that this show promotes.
So I'll have to pass on season 2 and 3 of Rising of the Incels Hero.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Sep 3, 2019 2:42 AM

Dec 2009
IM VERY HYPEEEEE!!! NAOFUMI-SAMA!
Sep 3, 2019 2:55 AM
Nov 2018
Well i'm not so surprised that a new season for shield hero was announced as it was really popular but two seasons?!Really?It was already hard to watch the second part of the anime as it was really boring but to have two seasons planned for this....well kudos to the studios for going all in for shield hero.Though i really don't feel much hype for season 2( and 3).
Sep 3, 2019 3:19 AM
Aug 2015
Anime is better the more you can assosiate yourself with the main character and his difficulties. If you don't associate with them and dislike the anime then find another one that matches you.

If not then maybe there should be an anime about people who watch things they dislike to the end then make it a life goal to attack it on forums in an attempt to divert others from it simply because they themselves found no common ground with it.

Understand that all stories are subjective, not all anime has good writing but that obviously rarely matters its more to do with how we percieve the story and reflect it onto ourselves, they are more like dreams than stories in that respect. If you look at it from a writers point of view then you will always find flaws unless you are BIASED towards the ones you personally like. Maybe just say its not for you because you cant compare yourself to any of the characters and prefer something with bigger egos and a mary sue. Or a failure who suddenly become op in a short amount of time, rather than the years the other chars have put in to reach a similar level.
Sep 3, 2019 3:45 AM

Oct 2013
for real??? how do we know that it's come??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2019 4:10 AM

Sep 2018
Kuroneko said:
Hunter X Hunter can't really get another season, the manga hasn't finished any arcs since were it left off.

IMO they can make 12 episodes about introducing Isaac's son, new continent, and teasing throne battle arc. It would at least be something, and it would've show that this franchise isn't dead.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Sep 3, 2019 4:47 AM
Feb 2017
-Aincrad- said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Your average Shield Hero fan.

So you think you are better than these people(and me), because you didn't like the anime?

Basically that's what you're implying with this sentence.

Most people I've seen praising this show whined and cried when it was being picked at for its blatant flaws. That's childish. I didn't quote you as your comment wasn't necessarily whiny. I can respect you for loving a show even if I think it had flaws, but if you're whining because people are pointing at its flaws and disagreeing with your opinion then I can't respect you much anymore.
Sep 3, 2019 8:00 AM

Jul 2019
This show heavily reminds me of SAO not gonna lie. I remember seeing this recommended on VRV and I was intrigued by the title and I watched it. It was okay. I feel like I could of predicted the ending of s1 if I didn't want to see it.

Sep 3, 2019 8:02 AM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
chair-sama said:
Kuroneko said:

IMO they can make 12 episodes about introducing Isaac's son, new continent, and teasing throne battle arc. It would at least be something, and it would've show that this franchise isn't dead.
On one hand I wouldn't mind because one of the best fights in the series would be animated, but on the otherhand jumping into an arc when who knows how long it'll be before the conclusion isn't the best idea.
Sep 3, 2019 8:09 AM
Jul 2017
There isn't enough new material to fill a new season. let alone a 3rd as well. Are they planning on catching up to and overtaking the manga?
Sep 3, 2019 8:37 AM
Mar 2019
man_with_a_beard said:
There isn't enough new material to fill a new season. let alone a 3rd as well. Are they planning on catching up to and overtaking the manga?

It's never been based on the manga, it's based on the Light Novel and there's enough material in there for several more seasons
Sep 3, 2019 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
bastek66 said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Just got this notification and surprised the hell out of me, checked the news section and saw that it got a 2nd AND 3rd season green lit? How is that possible that a show is getting a 3rd season when the 2nd hasn't even aired yet? (though I am in support of getting more long running series)

It was successful enough. Symphogear after 3rd season also had 2 new seasons announced.
Thanks for the info, these are the only 2 anime that have done this that I know of. Was the Symphogear sequels a split cour season?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 3, 2019 9:22 AM

May 2015
AnimeFeminist said:
Can't say that I'm excited. It's the most overrated iseakai out there.
The writing and characters are insultingly bad and I'm not even going to talk about misogyny or sexism that this show promotes.
So I'll have to pass on season 2 and 3 of Rising of the Incels Hero.

Yeah, it would be difficult to talk about either of those things since they don't exist in the show...

Sep 3, 2019 10:05 AM
Jun 2019
Hopefully the Advanced S2 / 3 is More Challenging and More Seasoned for Romantic Drama🎌 ✓S2 / 3 =? -Eps13? -Eps25? -Eps??
Sep 3, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2019
@Hatsuyuki

"Personally attacked"? How can you feel personally attacked by fans getting more of a show they want that you dont like? Think a bit before you post. It sounds kind of stupid, no offense.
By the way, before you assume Im some upset fan. I rated this a six.
Byleth-KunSep 3, 2019 12:09 PM
Sep 3, 2019 12:19 PM

Jan 2019
Wow! Not sure if I've ever seen an anime get two seasons announced at once; I didn't think that was a thing! I figured with how popular Shield Hero is it was only a matter of time before a new season was announced.

While I didn't enjoy it as much as That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, I still thought it was an enjoyable watch. I did find it a bit frustrating at times though; bad luck is one thing but, man, at first it seemed like every single thing went wrong for Naofumi. But in the end I thought it ended up being a pretty cool show.

I can't wait to see how the new basecamp comes along and I'm anxious to see how Naofumi builds his new army. Also, the green haired chic that joined his team at the end was too cute! XD Looking forward to see what happens in the coming seasons.
Sep 3, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Thanks for the info, these are the only 2 anime that have done this that I know of. Was the Symphogear sequels a split cour season?

Two years apart like always since Satelight took over production.
Sep 3, 2019 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
Artego32rus said:
It's better than similar trash like SAO, Log Horizon or whatever. Much better

Log Horizon is a Good Plot with OP MC but the 2nd half was uninteresting than the 1st because it was focused in the children's characters and the streamers flame the comments if I remembered correctly. Each plot has its uniqueness, but if that's your opinion... That's your problem.
I, for one, would pay for another season of Log Horizon but I would agree to never let SAO see its disaster again but its already been decided for another season for SAO Alicization- so you can't change the opinion of the authors that easily because its a matter of giving job opportunities to others. If I were you, I will direct my hatred to the director.

psychopath666 said:
Oh damn, so many "1337" anime fans trashing this show. I really hope I never get to the level of anime god that these guys are in.
Imagine not being able to enjoy a show like The Rising of The Shield Hero or even the second season of One Punch Man. What sad lives they must have with all those "trash" animes airing...
Wouldn't your time be better used supporting what you like, instead of wasting your time trashing what you don't like? I don't know, just an idea.

You just stole my thoughts exactly!!!

BTW.
The best part I've ever watch in Shield Hero was that even though he was always betrayed– he had a potential wife there that is always beside him, then watch the ED... It was sooooooo heartwarming
I really hate people who X2 every Anime they watch because every picture frame have been given efforts to be given Animation and with its BGMs but if you would rather read subtitles– read the Manga, your making the whole point of Anime POINTLESS if you just multiplied its normal video playback.
I think I'm not only disappointed to the Anime or Plot itself but because of the 3 other heroes, they only like have 1-5% rate of scenes in the whole Anime without much of a background stories (including MC) and their side adventures really didn't given any kinds of explanation but only the outcome of their adventures (the 3 musketeers). Thinking back, the whole point of the plot was his revenge and the Anime itself should've ended right there after they visited their reconstructed old Home of his foxy wife (they shouldn't give new characters like that, the whole point of the title would be pointless, his anger towards the former king and princess was already been queled and another hatred would arise but I didn't read the Manga so... Goodluck animators!
CrazyButNot4USep 3, 2019 2:13 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 3, 2019 2:57 PM
Apr 2019
Hell yeah finally!!
Sep 3, 2019 3:41 PM

May 2018
That's nice, no, even perfect. Another season of "misunderstood people (just like Naofumi) who wil have the need to write up in EVERY episode discussion how bad the show is." ROUND 2!

Hoes mad that their own mediocre favorite show won't get another season compared to this medicore/slightly above mediocre show.

Hoes mad.
Sep 3, 2019 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
Good news. I also was surprised when this popped up but nothing to complain about :)

Sep 3, 2019 9:56 PM
Jan 2018
All.we.asked.for.was.a.second.season.of.no.game.no.life
Sep 4, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2015
Do the other 3 heroes actually become useful and stop being dumb? I kind of enjoyed the first season but I find it annoying how the other 3 heroes are so weak compared to even some companions and are so useless.
Sep 4, 2019 8:01 PM
Jul 2019
its always so funny how many salty weebs come here to complain about every show
Sep 5, 2019 5:20 AM
Apr 2017
So, Basically i like this show. It was not the best but it was average. I am not a critic so i cant present any points on why the show is good but simply because i was able to watch it without skipping and or it feeling sluggish to watch. I rate shows without minding the minor details but simply on how watchable and re-watchable
it is to me. In conclusion, I shall be looking forward for the next two seasons of this show. :D
Sep 5, 2019 5:31 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Thanjh said:
Season 1 was trash but I’ll still watch to see where the story goes

Hatsuyuki said:
Shield Hero is generic trash with subpar writing. I see the appeal of shows like My Hero Academia, but even from a casual's perspective, i cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want more of this garbage.

Since you seem to hate this anime so much, why are you even here?

To have found this thread you would've had to deliberately be searching up the anime and viewing related anime (to find the sequel).

Personally, I don't waste my time throwing a tantrum on anime pages I don't like :D

You must be B O R E D

Sep 5, 2019 5:34 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
TheRawMaster said:

These guys got nothing better to do than try and troll people. it is so pathetic and lame. they should just go back to their bouncing tiddy moeblob animes and be happy.

NearTheRiver said:
Do the other 3 heroes actually become useful and stop being dumb? I kind of enjoyed the first season but I find it annoying how the other 3 heroes are so weak compared to even some companions and are so useless.

novel spoiler regarding your question

end novel spoiler.

Since Naofumi discovered the teleport, weapon rarity, weapon copy, abilities. If the other heroes can figure that out I think they can ALL become stronger.

However the are still behaving as if this is a game! Hopefully that curbstomp from the other worlds heroes will knock some sense into them.

Sep 5, 2019 5:49 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Thanjh said:
quercifolia said:

To have found this thread you would've had to deliberately be searching up the anime and viewing related anime (to find the sequel).

Personally, I don't waste my time throwing a tantrum on anime pages I don't like :D

You must be B O R E D
Lol obviously I’m bored why would I be on any MAL forums if I wasn’t bored. Plus I got an email and notification about this getting a second season I didn’t go searching for it. People will comment positive stuff and people will comment negative stuff. Commenting on whether or not I should be posting what I post is less productive then trying explain how the show isn’t as bad as I think isn’t it?

There's bored, and then there's trying to purposely ruin other people's enjoyment.

You came here, made the very first reply in what was supposed to be a fun thread for fans... And then you even admit it.

That's kinda pathetic.

How would you feel if I went over to the Beck forum or the Jojo forum and started trashing those anime? How about the Yakusoku no Neverland? They just got a season 2 announcement, should I go call that anime "trash" on the hype threads?

Would you enjoy reading that in the forums for an anime you supposedly enjoyed?

If you're bored, then going and posting garbage just to ruin others people's time is the ONLY unproductive thing here.

Me, calling out your crap? To me is productive.

If you hate the show so much, go write a negative review, rate it 1/10 and tell us why you think it's so bad. Unless, of course, you're just shitting on it for the sake of shitting on it. :D

Sep 5, 2019 6:05 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Thanjh said:
quercifolia said:

There's bored, and then there's trying to purposely ruin other people's enjoyment.

You came here, made the very first reply in what was supposed to be a fun thread for fans... And then you even admit it.

That's kinda pathetic.

How would you feel if I went over to the Beck forum or the Jojo forum and started trashing those anime? How about the Yakusoku no Neverland? They just got a season 2 announcement, should I go call that anime "trash" on the hype threads?

Would you enjoy reading that in the forums for an anime you supposedly enjoyed?

If you're bored, then going and posting garbage just to ruin others people's time is the ONLY unproductive thing here.

Me, calling out your crap? To me is productive.

If you hate the show so much, go write a negative review, rate it 1/10 and tell us why you think it's so bad. Unless, of course, you're just shitting on it for the sake of shitting on it. :D
Bro go shit on those shows all you like they’re just shows :D I love Beck and if you think it’s shit then fair enough. If you go comment that promised never land is trash then I’ll simply read your comment and then read the next because I won’t care if someone thinks the show’s trash. If there’s enough in a show that you think is bad then by all means call it trash. I might ask how it’s trash and then attempt to offer counter arguments but it wouldn’t lessen my enjoyment at all.

I’m not even trying to ruin people’s enjoyment I’m simply stating my stance on the show. If that ruins someone’s enjoyment I couldn’t care less you must not like the show enough for someone disliking it to lessen your enjoyment. I’ll continue to consider Jojo part 4, Promised Neverland and Beck to be some of my favorites regardless of who says what in some thread :D

Well I am glad for you, that you can have such a positive attitude. Some of us though are just sad and tired of the negativity. Day in and day out you see people talk about this or that anime, and the general consensus is "that anime is shit" and "therefore the fans are shit too". I feel sad for the big fans of Sword Art Online. Go into any anime forum or chat and you say you like SAO, someone will call you shit, call your taste shit, and so on.

As for those anime, they were only examples. I myself like TPN, never watched Jojo's and watched about 5 episodes of beck as a kid so all I really remember is that dang dog XD

Sep 5, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2011
quercifolia said:
Thanjh said:
Season 1 was trash but I’ll still watch to see where the story goes

Hatsuyuki said:
Shield Hero is generic trash with subpar writing. I see the appeal of shows like My Hero Academia, but even from a casual's perspective, i cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want more of this garbage.

You must be B O R E D

I received the notification for the new seasons since I watched the first one. Went to the page and this thread was open. So i engaged in a discussion, since that's the whole reason of the F O R U M.

Next time spare me the stupid questions. Although that's probably too much to ask from a Shield Hero fan.
Sep 6, 2019 3:22 AM

Aug 2015
quercifolia said:
TheRawMaster said:

These guys got nothing better to do than try and troll people. it is so pathetic and lame. they should just go back to their bouncing tiddy moeblob animes and be happy.

NearTheRiver said:

novel spoiler regarding your question

end novel spoiler.

Since Naofumi discovered the teleport, weapon rarity, weapon copy, abilities. If the other heroes can figure that out I think they can ALL become stronger.

However the are still behaving as if this is a game! Hopefully that curbstomp from the other worlds heroes will knock some sense into them.

Aye thanks buddy. Lets hope for the best.
Sep 6, 2019 6:15 AM

Oct 2013
YASSSSSSSSS, LOVE ME SOME ISEKAI ANIMES !
Sep 6, 2019 11:47 AM

Mar 2018
New seasons mean more Raphtalia :)
Sep 10, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2011
Jeez... just way too many people wanna come in a hype forum to SHIT on the anime and people they don’t like. Why don’t you make a new forum on why this anime is bad? This topic is about the hype, not how bad it was...

Anyways, this anime is my favourite, and I can’t wait for season 2 and 3!
Sep 11, 2019 1:20 AM
Jan 2016
I've read the other posts, like it or not, this is a highly popular anime that is a very good starting anime for action adventure fantasy.

Your belief it's shit or a dumpster fire really doesn't hold a candle, sorry.

Now if you can stop bitching to bitch, that'd be great as you're not being productive in this thread by just complaining against the current.

It's a good thing most people have never heard of this site or you'd have been overwhelmed in response by fans.
Sep 11, 2019 2:01 AM
May 2017
Can't wait for best girl Kizuna to show up
Sep 11, 2019 4:32 AM

Jan 2015
sad day, what a waste of animators on this show
Sep 11, 2019 8:26 AM

May 2014
Terransheep said:
Why don’t you make a new forum on why this anime is bad?

Because it would be full of people like you claiming those who are more critical about the serie are just "haters", "baiters", "attention seekers" or other baseless pejoratives and demanding those "bait/spam threads" to be closed.

People are free to think different than you and share their thoughts in forums, that's the idea of forums. Deal with it.
Sep 11, 2019 9:56 AM
Sep 2018
No Game No Life still doesn't have a season two!😂🤣😭
Sep 11, 2019 12:06 PM

Feb 2016
https://youtu.be/Y8063ujgHxA HYPEEEE...thatt damn SAX in this soundtrack..so beautiful choice
Sep 11, 2019 8:19 PM
Jan 2016
Ahh yes. The Hate Squad is out in full force.

"LOOKIT ME I HAS OPINION, Ph34R MY EDGECRAFT FOR POSTING HERE."

No. Dump yourselves in a trashcan. Your opinions are like excrement. Just because they exist doesn't mean we need you to shove it in our faces and force us to sniff it.

The amazing thing about Japanese 2D media is that there's something for everyone. Don't like it? Here's a clever idea: tune it out from your life. The one thing all fans agree on is the turbo cringe. Genres do get saturated, but at the same time, what appeals to one person may not appeal to the other.

And you know what? Sometimes I DO watch the turbo cringe. At the very worst, it's a good laugh.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

231 by LegendaryGast »»
Apr 8, 5:07 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.