Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 3, 2019 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
PorchmonkeyD said:
Seiya said:
Nope.

I don't like Sakura, and I don't like the Naruto Anime. I don't care for any battle shounen that came out in the last 30 years.

Well based on out 6 shared anime it would seem that this is a baseless statement as you haven't actually seen any of them.

They're not added to my list, but I saw a few episodes of Naruto, and other battle shounen on TV years ago, but I didn't continue to watch any of them, as I didn't like them at all.

Sep 3, 2019 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
Speak for yourself, I think Sakura is awful.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 3, 2019 1:12 PM
May 2018
I honestly love Sakura, but I'm tired to repeat myself as to why.

You are free to hate as much as you want.
Sep 3, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
Why would I like a Obsessed girl that never grew out of her crush.

Practically useless and straight up one of the worst female leads ever.

She's not even a side character probably an extra just to fill in the space.
Sep 3, 2019 1:15 PM

May 2018
I got some kind of deja vu. Are you that guy who creates same topics each month again and again?
P.S. Nah, Sakura is an awful character, she is nothing but development tool for Naruto. Actually she is useless, pathetic and unnecessary. A clone of Orihime from Bleach

Sep 3, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2016
She has a great character design, but I can't remember what she actually did in the show. Besides being a jerk to Naruto, that is.

I don't think people would have complained as much about her had she not been presented on promotional material (tankobon covers, posters, anime openings, etc) as being a "main character" along with Naruto and Sasuke. I think people went in with the expectation that - since she is billed alongside them - she'd get the same amount of focus as them.
Sep 3, 2019 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
I hate everyone in the 7th team. If it was not for side characters, I would have dropped it long ago. But Shippuden ends up as one of my favorites thanks to Akatsuki.
Sep 3, 2019 4:10 PM

Dec 2016
When people say that sakura did nothing in the entire anime i remember that hinata didnt either.
About the romance of sakura and sasuke- isnt good- but the romance between hinata and naruto isnt good too.
Sep 3, 2019 4:17 PM

Jun 2016
Seiya said:
Nope.

I don't like Sakura, and I don't like the Naruto Anime. I don't care for any battle shounen that came out in the last 30 years.
must be a close-minded oldfag to be able to unironically say smth like this
Sep 3, 2019 4:18 PM

Jun 2014
Edocchi said:
Seiya said:
Nope.

must be a close-minded oldfag to be able to unironically say smth like this

I just don't care for battle shounen at all. I didn't even like DBZ.

Sep 3, 2019 4:21 PM

May 2014
I liked her until Shippuden at least.
Sep 3, 2019 4:35 PM

Jun 2009
Aybid said:
I don't hate her, I don't like her. Shes just there in the series like 99% of Naruto girls.

Pretty much my exact same opinion. Tsunade was pretty cool but Kishimoto didn't give her enough screen time and battles to shine.
I liked Kushina but she was already dead before the series started and only had one conversation and a flashback. So yeah...
Temari was cool pre timeskip but she was completely forgotten during Shippuden. Same with Hinata.
Sep 3, 2019 4:41 PM
Jan 2012
Catalano said:
And this is coming from a Tenten fan.

...oof, being a Tenten fan has gotta suck. She had like one important role in the last Naruto arc but then it hilariously gets forgotten and she never shows up again.
Sep 3, 2019 5:14 PM

Jun 2009
Valyrian1124 said:
She has a great character design, but I can't remember what she actually did in the show. Besides being a jerk to Naruto, that is.

Sakura had one of the coolest fights in Shippuden. Her vs Sasori. She also saved Kankuro's life ( Gaara's older brother) by extracting Sasori's poison. She also healed and saved a lot of lives during the Fourth Shinobi World War (didn't like the arc, except the Madara vs Might Guy fight). She also healed Naruto multiple times in the series.
She also gained Tsunade's seal during the war after gathering chakra for almost 3 years. Even so she fought and did daily activities while gathering chakra in all that time. So she never used 100% of her power/chakra in any fight until the war.
Having that seal she did this:

She had such great feats even if she doesn't have any Kekkei Genkai or is part of any clan with special powers (Shkamaru's clan has shadows, Ino's clan has mind control/reading/transfer, Chouji's clan can manipulate their body size, Kiba is from a clan that tames huge dogs, Shino's clan can control bugs can take over a body or poison/infest it, Hinata and Neji are Hyuuga with Byakugan, Naruto is an Uzumaki who have sealing powers to seal tailed beasts as well
Sasuke is an Uchiha with the OP broken power of Sharingan.

Sakura and Rock Lee are the only characters of that generation that are important who aren't part of any famous clan. Although the big difference is that Kishimoto makes A BIG DEAL of Rock Lee not being part of any famous clan and working hard to get powerful. That being the biggest trait of his character. While he glosses over Sakura's achievements and growth. But at the same time Kishimoto constantly compares her with her teammates Naruto and Sasuke by having Sakura say things like"I wanna be as strong as them", "I don't wanna be left behind", "I finally caught up to them" (by the time she says that the two have already gotten even bigger power ups).
Kishimoto and his editors did a garbage job with the female characters and especially Sakura. I don't even blame the character tbh, I blame the author.
Sep 3, 2019 5:23 PM

May 2018
I love Sakura, she's one of my favourite Naruto characters! That fight against Sasori in Shippuden was awesome, plus she's very intelligent (hence the high forehead) and super strong, CHA!!!

Whatever anyone says she's a fundamental part of the iconic and legendary team 7 :D

Sep 3, 2019 6:00 PM

Jun 2015
WHOS THIS PINK HAIRED BITCH?

I CAME HERE FOR NATSU DRAGNEEL!!!

HES THE BEST PINK HAIRED ANIME GIRL EVER!
Sep 3, 2019 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
That's going to be a nope from me my dude.
Sep 3, 2019 6:14 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
-Ereya- said:
Valyrian1124 said:

Sakura had one of the coolest fights in Shippuden. Her vs Sasori. She also saved Kankuro's life ( Gaara's older brother) by extracting Sasori's poison. She also healed and saved a lot of lives during the Fourth Shinobi World War (didn't like the arc, except the Madara vs Might Guy fight). She also healed Naruto multiple times in the series.
She also gained Tsunade's seal during the war after gathering chakra for almost 3 years. Even so she fought and did daily activities while gathering chakra in all that time. So she never used 100% of her power/chakra in any fight until the war.
Having that seal she did this:

She had such great feats even if she doesn't have any Kekkei Genkai or is part of any clan with special powers (Shkamaru's clan has shadows, Ino's clan has mind control/reading/transfer, Chouji's clan can manipulate their body size, Kiba is from a clan that tames huge dogs, Shino's clan can control bugs can take over a body or poison/infest it, Hinata and Neji are Hyuuga with Byakugan, Naruto is an Uzumaki who have sealing powers to seal tailed beasts as well
Sasuke is an Uchiha with the OP broken power of Sharingan.

Sakura and Rock Lee are the only characters of that generation that are important who aren't part of any famous clan. Although the big difference is that Kishimoto makes A BIG DEAL of Rock Lee not being part of any famous clan and working hard to get powerful. That being the biggest trait of his character. While he glosses over Sakura's achievements and growth. But at the same time Kishimoto constantly compares her with her teammates Naruto and Sasuke by having Sakura say things like"I wanna be as strong as them", "I don't wanna be left behind", "I finally caught up to them" (by the time she says that the two have already gotten even bigger power ups).
Kishimoto and his editors did a garbage job with the female characters and especially Sakura. I don't even blame the character tbh, I blame the author.

You forgot about Tenten not being apart of a famous clan too. I don't hate Sakura as a character because she made progress in Shippuden. I just wish Kishimoto could have done more with her to set her apart from Naruto and Sasuke like learning genjutsu.
Sep 3, 2019 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
AddaeAkono said:

You forgot about Tenten not being apart of a famous clan too. I don't hate Sakura as a character because she made progress in Shippuden. I just wish Kishimoto could have done more with her to set her apart from Naruto and Sasuke like learning genjutsu.

lol. Everyone forgets about Tenten, she's a meme.
And yeah, Kishimoto did show Sakura being proficient in dispelling genjutsu when Orochimaru attacked Konoha. Only her and Shikamaru dispelled it.
I remember in the beginning Kakashi saying Sakura has the potential to be good at genjutsu but Kishimoto didn't do anything with it other than that one instance with the dispelling. Classic Kishimoto.

During the timeskip Sakura would have been a beast if she combined her physical attacks which she learned by training with Tsunade with genjutsu as well as her superior chakra control. But nah. Kishimoto doesn't elaborate on his female characters as usual.
Sep 3, 2019 6:31 PM
Jan 2017
Her obsession towards Sasuke isn't even that bad. It at least isn't her only defining characteristic unlike Hinata and her obsession with Naruto. Sakura even grew out of it. People seem to forget that Sakura literally was all for punishing Sasuke for being a rogue ninja at one point. She didn't care about him anymore. Kishimoto just threw all of that development away at the end because he doesn't know how to write female characters.
Sep 3, 2019 6:33 PM

Apr 2017
Sakura as in cherry blossoms? Forever yes.
Sakura from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun? Hell yes.
Sakura from Fate series? Yes.
Sakura from Nodame Cantabile? Sure why not.
Cardcaptor Sakura? I've heard shes pretty cool.

Any character from Naruto? No.

Sep 3, 2019 6:43 PM

Jun 2009
Nine-TailedJosh said:
She didn't care about him anymore. Kishimoto just threw all of that development away at the end because he doesn't know how to write female characters.

And also to make Sasuke as less of a bad guy. Him being forgiven so easily. Kishimoto didn't want to make Sasuke any less cool by making him pay for what he did.
Kishimoto will forever be regarded as one of the worst at creating female characters in manga. A big stain on his reputation.

It's sad because in the West and countries excluding Japan most people don't watch anime. And only heard or watched super popular stuff like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon ans Naruto. So one of the few contacts with anime, in this case Naruto, gave them the impression that female characters in anime suck or are inferior to the male ones.
Sep 3, 2019 11:55 PM

Jun 2019
Sasuke-kuuun ! Sasuke-kun ? Sasuke-kun !?!?!? sasuke-kun.....
Sep 4, 2019 12:02 AM

May 2016
Calec said:

^This sums up the whole series imo XD
Sep 4, 2019 7:09 AM

Feb 2016
Catalano said:
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:

Why does the author give her nothing to do for entire second half of Shippuden? Why does the author insist on making nearly all the female characters (not just Sakura) in love with Sasuke?

Despite those two things, I still like Sakura.

Maybe he was trying to create a duality symbolism, sasuke is loved by all girls, naruto is hated. Sasuke has talent, naruto no, sasuke is quiet, naruto is loud etc. The lack od sakura in the 2nd half was disturbing.

No, even the author himself said he didn't really know what to do with Sakura and it shows. Basically she's just kind of there. As a result I don't hate her or like her, becasue she was never really flashed out as a character, which is a real shame I think. I love Naruto as a series, but it had more potential. I think all the female characters had support functions for their male counterparts and didn't get enough depth.
Sakura is just a prime example of that.
Sep 4, 2019 7:16 AM

Jun 2019
Sakura is arguably the worst girl in the show, and she had more screen time than anyone else, maybe Hinata can surpass her screen time but that doesn't matter that much since hinata has more development than her.
Sep 4, 2019 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Not a favorite of mine, but she's alright. I would put her on the okay scale. I dislike Sasuke more than her tbh.

Am I the only one who thinks her adult design is cute?
Sep 4, 2019 7:37 PM

Aug 2015
Calec said:
Holy truck this whole post is perfect hahahahahaha
Sep 4, 2019 7:46 PM

Nov 2017
Most useless not-girlfriend who drags Naruto into a fight with a beast of a fighter (Sasuke) and also moron who doesn't really understand geopolitics and is going through some teenage shit (Sasuke again).
Sep 4, 2019 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
What's so great about her? she was useless throughout the whole series. I wouldn't touch that irritating, pink-haired b**ch with a ten foot pole. Because of this dumb ninja girl, Ten-Ten, Deidara and even Sasori are underrated as hell. After all these years, I'm glad that Sasuke told her off when she was talking behind Naruto's back, serves that punk b**ch of a ninja right for attempting gossip.

I'm done watching anime with strong focus on teenage girls, next! and btw, I hate Kagome Higurashi too. I want real women to appear in anime.
Kurt_IrvingSep 4, 2019 9:36 PM
Sep 4, 2019 9:33 PM

Oct 2018
I don't know if I like sakura or not. actually I'm more hate the fact that the relationship between Sakura and naruto not ending up together even though there is huge building between them. like episode after episode, we see Naruto and sakura moment. like wtf? just for what?

well, It's not like I hate naruhina(like it tbh) but at the same time, it's kind of frustrating if I watch the old episodes.

Sep 4, 2019 9:48 PM

Dec 2008
Fuck Nucrapo-I shitting hate that series.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Sep 4, 2019 11:46 PM

Jan 2015
I don't hate her, I just dislike her. I know she had some fights and cool scenes but she still felt unuseful most part of the series. To be fair, Kishimoto sucks writing female characters (No, I don't think every single girl in Naruto is terrible) so that also didn't help her at all.
But I do think she looks cute lol, I'll give her that.

✧ 미처 말하지 못했어 다만 너를 좋아했어
어린 날의 꿈처럼 마치 기적처럼
시간을 달려서 어른이 될 수만 있다면
거친 세상 속에서 손을 잡아줄게 ༉‧₊˚✧

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

Sep 4, 2019 11:56 PM

Jan 2009
her master Tsunade is better by a huge margin lol even literally if you know what im saying *lenny face*
Sep 5, 2019 12:19 AM

Feb 2013
Hinata has bigger boobs that float in the water
Sep 5, 2019 1:04 AM
Apr 2017
zrdb said:
Fuck Nucrapo-I shitting hate that series.
Tell us how you really feel, don't keep it all inside.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 5, 2019 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
Nope. She got better in Shippuuden but her obsession with someone who couldn't give any less of a shit about her was extremely annoying. Also Hinata was a creepy stalker and this is coming from someone who liked her alot more than Sakura.
Sep 5, 2019 3:44 AM

Mar 2018
Catalano said:
Her pink hair

Her only redeeming feature actually. I tend to like pink hair girls but not this one.

Her unnatural obsession towards Sasuke

Wait, that's a positive point?

Her cute "inner Sakura"

Inner what? I don't remember that shit anymore in Shippuuden. More like Kishimoto forgot about it. And cute?

And this is coming from a Tenten fan.

Good taste. But being a Tenten fan is suffering (due to her tremendous lack of screentime).

What are your thoughts?

How about mentioning one or two good reasons why Sakura is in the show except to annoy the hell out of us?

Sep 5, 2019 3:56 AM

Oct 2010
[quote=Renkini]
Catalano said:

What are your thoughts?

How about mentioning one or two good reasons why Sakura is in the show except to annoy the hell out of us?

Maybe sakura was supposed to be some sort of a glue between naruto and sasuke, like how is erza with natsu and gray (the scene when she stopped them fighting was the best from the new season) but sakura is too week. And love interests are nice in a story, One Piece is very bland in regards to love stuff.
And inner sakura was great, it looked like she was the mc and not naruto.
Sep 5, 2019 4:00 AM

Mar 2018
Annoying, bland and useless character. I fail to see how can one like this.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 5, 2019 4:23 AM

Aug 2016
Not even when I was a pre-teen watching Naruto for the first time I managed to like Sakura
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 5, 2019 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
I plan on reading the manga in the near future but I always thought she was a sympathetic character for 2000 Shonen standards (sorry, currently reading City Hunter)

Sep 5, 2019 8:15 AM

Jul 2019
She had a few good moments but overall the character was just a source for unnecessary drama or plain out annoying. Actually, I can't believe that Sasuke was the extra character demanded by Shonen Jump editors and Sakura was part of Kishimoto's original concept.
Sep 5, 2019 8:23 AM
Dec 2018
Sakura is One of the most Unlikable Character in the series.
Sep 5, 2019 8:36 AM

Feb 2019
I disliked her in part 1. I appreciated her growth from part 1 to part 2 and I liked her at the start of part two
& Now I completely adore her in Boruto~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Sep 5, 2019 1:47 PM

Oct 2015
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:

Legit though, I do like her as a character. Any problems I have with her are less "why is she like this?" and more "why did the author write it this way?"

That comes down to the same thing though. A character doesn't exist outside of the author so how the author writes them is how they are. This is like saying "I don't dislike Bakugou, I just dislike that the author made him a piece of shit."

OT: Naruto is probably the only show where I dislike or am indifferent to pretty much every single character that matters to the narrative with the sole exception of Rock Lee. They're all just so boring and I can't give you more than a sentence to describe the personality of most. There was a character called Menma that appeared for like one episode and I liked him more than I like the main cast. Okay his androgyny may have something to do with it but the point stands.
Sep 5, 2019 1:53 PM

Jul 2019
I would say Sakura could of been a pretty good character if she had more character development. The writers didn't really give her a chance to make her a "better" "useful" character.

Sep 5, 2019 6:09 PM

Feb 2012
Nothing against Sakura, but I have no memory of her after the Sasori battle until epilogue. That is, in the manga version. I did not finish the anime.
Sep 6, 2019 4:27 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I like Sakura, she's cute and strong and fun!
I feel she does not get the respect she deserves.
She's caring as a member of the main cast.
I know most are annoyed because she is a tsundere.
But yet again, it's to be taken slightly.

Sep 6, 2019 10:48 PM
Aug 2019
Who gives a fuck about this Naruto waifu crap in 2019 ... wow. Just go watch MHA OP!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Today, 10:26 AM

» Who is your favourite and cool character ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 8, 2023

49 by Zhenro »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 208 Discussion

jimboli92 - Jul 10, 2011

15 by towerd103 »»
Apr 20, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 141 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

27 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.