Season 1 was trash but I’ll still watch to see where the story goes

123456789ABCDEF
bruh
Sep 2, 2019 6:57 AM
Apr 2017
Well here we come season 2
Sep 2, 2019 7:03 AM

Feb 2018
A question for people who read the novel: is it going to be any better? S1 was super disappointing, I want to know if there's any reason to watch s2.
Sep 2, 2019 7:04 AM

May 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Just got this notification and surprised the hell out of me, checked the news section and saw that it got a 2nd AND 3rd season green lit? How is that possible that a show is getting a 3rd season when the 2nd hasn't even aired yet? (though I am in support of getting more long running series)

It was successful enough. Symphogear after 3rd season also had 2 new seasons announced.
Sep 2, 2019 7:08 AM
Aug 2018
I hope they more of other heroes!!
Sep 2, 2019 7:12 AM

Aug 2018
It was expected, but I'm glad they officially announced the news
Sep 2, 2019 7:21 AM
Apr 2016
I'm really glad we're getting 2nd and even 3rd season!

The first season was really great; finally not some OP protagonist without personality transported to an another world because he was hit by truck or "god" whimsically summoned him or whatever, loved instantly by all and his harem just because he is the protagonist...
And the animation with OST was top-notch for most of the part.
With Re:zero 2nd season announced now just remains Grimgar.

But since I expect a horde of brainwashed and brain dead idiots to start complaining and shitting on this show, here's a word of advice: Nobody is making you to watch this. You can hate it; You can go watch whatever else you want and complain about how horrible trash is it there. Or, if you don't have anything else to do, why don't you go watch Isekai wa Smartphone or rewatch FMB or whatever you consider as the best-thing-ever-written for 1889x time?
I'm saying it for your sake, since I'm a very kind person; you can surely use your time more productively.
Sep 2, 2019 7:28 AM

Sep 2018
FUCK THIS SHIT! You're telling me that this trash is getting 2nd season, and some other good shows like no game no life, or Hunter X Hunter don't? What's with this world?
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Sep 2, 2019 7:30 AM

Oct 2018
I'm really looking forward to it, I loved the first season, it's in my top 10 anime!

I don't care if others hate it, their opinion can't influence mine
Sep 2, 2019 7:32 AM
Jan 2019
I'm gonna need a minimum 99% increase of Raphtalia in a bikini for me to invest.

In all seriousness Shield Hero is my isekai junk food and I'm excited for more
Sep 2, 2019 7:40 AM
Aug 2018
HOLY HELL LET ME GET MY BED AND CHEESE PUFFS READY
Sep 2, 2019 7:54 AM

Mar 2019
Super hyped about season 2 ❤
Just can't wait ...

Sep 2, 2019 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
probably gonna pass on picking shield hero up again. they made naofumi too rated e for everyone in the anime compared to the source material
Sep 2, 2019 7:56 AM
Dec 2017
Well probably the best isekai anime of 2019
Now it has a season 2 probably very hyped
Hope its contain better story than season 1 other wise they won't make season 3

??????????
Sep 2, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2015
Just awesome news, great show that deserved it, and this way we can see their next adventures animated !! :)

P.S hilarious to see so many butthurt ppl crying about their so called "good" shows not getting sequels lel, even some for which its obvious why they aint getting more aka hiatusxhiatus just who in their right mind would support such lazy ass so he can make more money
Sep 2, 2019 7:59 AM
Aug 2017
I liked the first half of season 1. The second half.... I can't really pin down what changed but it was definitely disappointing and I get why people don't like the show. But I still kept the 8/10 rating in honor of the first half of the season XD

Hoping that season 2 can redeem the show~
Sep 2, 2019 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
The best isekai of the year so far is getting hate for no reason lol if you hate it that much go watch something else please stop hating
Sep 2, 2019 8:00 AM

Sep 2018
I don’t mind another season, I just hoping it will not go the SAO route
Sep 2, 2019 8:02 AM
Oct 2018
My mind says Shield Hero is trash but I'm too hyped to admit it. Jokes aside I really enjoy this series, as it is able to build up more hype and emotions than animes like SAO could ever hope to, whether its trash or not.
Sep 2, 2019 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
More isekai never hurts.
Sep 2, 2019 8:16 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I rather this studio make Made in Abyss 2, it feels like a waste using their talent on another below average isekai series.

Meanwhile actually decent isekai series like NGNL will still never get a second season.
Sep 2, 2019 8:17 AM
Nov 2018
awww shit here we go again
Sep 2, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2017
Hallelujah!, my prayers has been Answered!
I enjoyed the 1st season and it was splendid to me no matter what everyone thought about it, I'm Hyped ASF! for the 2nd and 3rd season and i'm so happy right now for just finding out that i can FINALLY see the continuation of the story!
Kirito_onlineSep 2, 2019 9:01 AM
Sep 2, 2019 8:25 AM
May 2015
Wow 2 seasons announced at once? I think the only anime I remember this happening for was Bang Dream. Excited nonetheless, can't wait!
Sep 2, 2019 8:28 AM

Apr 2019
Super hyped to start watching this, waiting for more info on episode air timings.
Sep 2, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2017
Ok 2 seasons might indeed be a legitimate hype.

plz @ me
Sep 2, 2019 8:36 AM

Dec 2018
I am Interested to see more of Queen she is a Good woman.
Sep 2, 2019 8:39 AM
Sep 2018
Oh Sh*t! Can't wait but MAL is the news true!!
Season 1 was fun !! Some part I did enjoy some part I didn't!! Overall rating 8/10 !! But Seriously if the news is true then it's great !! Another adventure!!
Sep 2, 2019 8:54 AM
Aug 2018
After 1st season, I was invested at a point that I started reading manga.
But now, since 2 seasons are coming I am super exited!!
Sep 2, 2019 9:00 AM
Mar 2019
Hype af, first season was good and the producer was hoping to make another season. This just confirms it, can’t wait
Sep 2, 2019 9:01 AM

Mar 2019
I guess I'll have something to look forward to.

Sep 2, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2017
YoseiEgg said:
Wow 2 seasons announced at once? I think the only anime I remember this happening for was Bang Dream. Excited nonetheless, can't wait!
and Kono Oto Tomare! just wanted to add that to the pile...!
Sep 2, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2017
BakLol said:
I am Interested to see more of Queen she is a Good woman.
I think the 2nd best name would be "a Good QILF".
Q for queen you got the rest.
Sep 2, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2017
Ayush_Nii-san said:
After 1st season, I was invested at a point that I started reading manga.
But now, since 2 seasons are coming I am super exited!!
same i'm keeping up with the Manga and boi am i Excited!
Sep 2, 2019 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
Ah shit here we go again.

Skip from me.
Sep 2, 2019 9:33 AM
May 2019
Well, i like the anime, it's good and it's bad but every anime is like that, now that it got 2 seasons confirmed, gives me the hype to watch it.
InTeNsiVSep 2, 2019 9:52 AM
Sep 2, 2019 9:59 AM
Jun 2017
Love this anime breaking news, Rising if shield hero is one of my favorite series this 2019. Yeah
Sep 2, 2019 10:20 AM
Feb 2017
JanPri said:

The first season was really great; finally not some OP protagonist without personality transported to an another world because he was hit by truck or "god" whimsically summoned him or whatever, loved instantly by all and his harem just because he is the protagonist...

But since I expect a horde of brainwashed and brain dead idiots to start complaining and shitting on this show, here's a word of advice: Nobody is making you to watch this. You can hate it; You can go watch whatever else you want and complain about how horrible trash is it there. Or, if you don't have anything else to do, why don't you go watch Isekai wa Smartphone or rewatch FMB or whatever you consider as the best-thing-ever-written for 1889x time?
I'm saying it for your sake, since I'm a very kind person; you can surely use your time more productively.

Saito6689 said:
Came in here just to express my joy and surprise and we already got an ass full of hater comments.
Can't you guys just stay away from animes/topics that you don't like instead of whining? Or just die in a fire, maybe, pretty please?

psychopath666 said:
Oh damn, so many "1337" anime fans trashing this show. I really hope I never get to the level of anime god that these guys are in.

Imagine not being able to enjoy a show like The Rising of The Shield Hero or even the second season of One Punch Man. What sad lives they must have with all those "trash" animes airing...

Wouldn't your time be better used supporting what you like, instead of wasting your time trashing what you don't like? I don't know, just an idea.

Your average Shield Hero fan. It's okay to acknowledge the weak points of your show without crying like children over people discussing why the show is not great/why we are getting a second season.

And yes Psycho, people can sometimes not enjoy a show when it has a lot of flaws and feels uninspiring and thrown together unprofessionally.
Sep 2, 2019 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
2 seasons? Well... then 2x12 instead 1x24 (I guess)
Sep 2, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2016
Yay, can't wait to see more annoying and awfully written characters for the sake of having Naofumi as the only one with brains...

Well, at least I hope Kevin Penkin stays as the composer this next season. It would definitely make this torture more bearable.

"So, why will you watch this after giving the first season a 3/10?" I don't know, maybe I'm a masochist after all.
SouthRzVaSep 2, 2019 10:33 AM
Sep 2, 2019 11:52 AM

Nov 2009
BlakexEkalb said:
JanPri said:

Saito6689 said:
Came in here just to express my joy and surprise and we already got an ass full of hater comments.
Can't you guys just stay away from animes/topics that you don't like instead of whining? Or just die in a fire, maybe, pretty please?

psychopath666 said:
Oh damn, so many "1337" anime fans trashing this show. I really hope I never get to the level of anime god that these guys are in.

Imagine not being able to enjoy a show like The Rising of The Shield Hero or even the second season of One Punch Man. What sad lives they must have with all those "trash" animes airing...

Wouldn't your time be better used supporting what you like, instead of wasting your time trashing what you don't like? I don't know, just an idea.

Your average Shield Hero fan. It's okay to acknowledge the weak points of your show without crying like children over people discussing why the show is not great/why we are getting a second season.

And yes Psycho, people can sometimes not enjoy a show when it has a lot of flaws and feels uninspiring and thrown together unprofessionally.

Thanks for quoting me...your average sub human. Now go ahead and tell me what i did to earn your attention. I mean, i'm sorry...i wasn't aware that i'm not allowed to be excited about a new shield hero season IN A FUCKING SHIELD HERO TOPIC. Sometimes i wish i was a mod, i would ban people like you from this galaxy.
Sep 2, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2019
god i can't believe how horrible some people are.

i'm not saying you can't dislike a show but don't come into the hype thread where people are trying to enjoy themselves talking about the upcoming seasons and start shitting on it based purely on your own opinions.

like, when you say "it's trash" or "it's so badly written" what you mean is "I don't like it" or "I didn't like the writing". stop saying it like it's some kind of objective fact and let people enjoy what they want to enjoy.

i for one am looking forward to seasons 2 and 3.
Sep 2, 2019 12:35 PM

Apr 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
Shield Hero is generic trash with subpar writing. I see the appeal of shows like My Hero Academia, but even from a casual's perspective, i cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want more of this garbage.

i can only agree with this
it escapes the realm of rational thought lmao
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 2, 2019 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
@Thanjh I'm sorry that I can't get written confirmation from the author about his intention behind the pope, that's a bit beyond my means. Look, this is obvious, it's not meant to be a comedy, but the comedic, stupid, stereotypical villains are part of the 'gimmick' of Shield Hero. It's not the best theme/gimmick, I'm not saying it's perfect, but people are unreasonably hating it.

Lemme explain, the main theme/gimmick here is the MC gets ruined and bullied by all these stupid villains that only look out for themselves. First villain, Trash, always angry at Shield bro, eventually gets beaten and dominated by his wife. Motoyasu,always after ladies, trying to 'liberate' Shield bros slaves and ignoring the truth, he gets constantly kicked in the crotch by Filo, gets poisoned by alcoholic fruit, and other stuff from the LN that's spoiler. Bitch, pins false and baseless accusations and ruins Shield bros life, gets her title stripped away, gets her names changed to Bitch and Whore (iirc).

The only serious villains, not counting the monsters, are the Pope (stereotypical af, but some people dont see it) Glass, and L'arc and Therese, and I dont count the last three for spoiler reasons.

This is the formula, the MC gets ruined by these stupid people, with a bit of hard work and coincidences he gets back at them in time. If the king was actually serious and smarter he would have stuck around longer getting into the MC's way again, which would get boring imo.
Sep 2, 2019 1:53 PM

Sep 2018
Saito6689 said:

Saito6689 said:

Thanks for quoting me...your average sub human. Now go ahead and tell me what i did to earn your attention. I mean, i'm sorry...i wasn't aware that i'm not allowed to be excited about a new shield hero season IN A FUCKING SHIELD HERO TOPIC. Sometimes i wish i was a mod, i would ban people like you from this galaxy.

I think that insulting other people and wanting them to die, is enough reason to grab attention.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Sep 2, 2019 2:18 PM
Mar 2019
hope s2 will be better
RoneCraft

On-hold is another way for a completionist to say DROPPED

Sep 2, 2019 3:09 PM

Apr 2019
Thanjh said:
you're the type who thinks it's ideal for people who don't like the show to simply not watch it

Um, precisely that is what is best for everybody. And you have issues with that method because _________________ ?

Sep 2, 2019 3:15 PM

May 2019
Thanjh said:
Chazniac said:
god i can't believe how horrible some people are.

i'm not saying you can't dislike a show but don't come into the hype thread where people are trying to enjoy themselves talking about the upcoming seasons and start shitting on it based purely on your own opinions.

like, when you say "it's trash" or "it's so badly written" what you mean is "I don't like it" or "I didn't like the writing". stop saying it like it's some kind of objective fact and let people enjoy what they want to enjoy.

i for one am looking forward to seasons 2 and 3.
God shut up man. You can't believe how horrible people are xD? So people who shit on anime are horrible people? People who shit on shows are needed just as much as the fans so the show actually gets some serious criticisms. Where else should they voice their opinions. People like you would appear even if they made a separate thread for it.

You try and say what people mean when they call the show trash. It's called hyperbole man google it. It's exaggeration that they use to emphasize how bad they think the show is. You also say people shouldn't "start shitting on it based purely on your own opinion", what kind of statement is that? What else are people meant to base their criticisms on? Also I'm sure you could find plenty of examples of objectively bad writing in this show but that's for a different post and I'm not a reviewer.

Fans like you are equally as annoying as the haters because you're the type who thinks it's ideal for people who don't like the show to simply not watch it and/or just keep their opinions to themselves. If fans are gonna make threads to hype up a show they should accept the fact that people who dislike the show will reply. Expecting anything else is naive. Without hate and conflicting tastes there would be a lot less discussion.

Yes because there's a difference between "shitting on", which is usually just one or two meaningless putdowns like "trash" and "garbage writing/characters/plot" with no depth. Actual criticism is fair enough and actually discusses stuff properly. And no, I wouldn't appear on a thread made for serious criticism and discussion; I came here to share my hype and excitement for seasons 2 & 3 and was disappointed to see the amount of negativity.

There's no such thing as objectively bad writing. Even if 9999/10000 people hate a plot point doesn't mean the one guy who loves it is wrong, it's opinion.

And I'm not a "fan" in the sense of someone directly opposing a "hater" of a series. I liked Shield Hero and I would quite enjoy seeing more of it, nothing more than that - it wasn't even my favourite seasonal of whichever season it was. I just can't stand the amount of constant negativity people often throw around about stuff, and, yes, I think they should keep it to themselves or discuss it in a designated zone, and why the hell isn't that a reasonable opinion? There's a lot of stuff I don't like but I don't go around shitting on it because, as is to be expected, it annoys the fans, pisses off people like me, and just generally lowers the mood of a thread. I'm not averse to discussing the good and bad of something - but this here isn't a thread for discussion in the first place.

Basically I just want people to be more positive overall, not that that's ever going to happen that is.
Sep 2, 2019 3:28 PM

May 2018
Very unexpected, announcing second season and the third season the same time. Good news by the way.

Sep 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Apr 2019
Thanjh said:
inim said:

Um, precisely that is what is best for everybody. And you have issues with that method because _________________ ?
Personally if I don’t like a show I’ll finish it to see how the story finishes. Telling people to just not watch it is childish. People like myself want to finish the whole thing and give criticisms as they do. Saying to simply not watch it is like me saying to simply not reply to any of the hate if you don’t like it.
And you don't consider this obsessive-compulsive behaviour? Life is too short to waste it digesting (what you perceive as) crap. There is no need to complete something to have a bad opinion of it, and there is no need to rant about that more than once. Or at all. Because it's crap, so why even waste time on it by ranting? Except, of course, it is just an excuse to channel anger coming from elsewhere?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

231 by LegendaryGast »»
Apr 8, 5:07 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.