Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2019 1:18 AM
Oct 2018
i enjoyed the first season, even tho their were things i didnt enjoy from it

however i am hyped, also they annouced 2 seasons, thats insane.

i am not a manga reader but it apparently gets better late on according to my friends.

so i am very happy and cant wait, hope thats the same with you guys
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2019 2:46 AM
Jan 2019
Season 1 was trash but I’ll still watch to see where the story goes
Sep 2, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2010
Not that much of a fan but it was easy to watch and enjoyable. I think there'll be two 13 episode seasons, though I won't mind 2cour each.
Sep 2, 2019 3:34 AM

Feb 2011
Shield Hero is generic trash with subpar writing. I see the appeal of shows like My Hero Academia, but even from a casual's perspective, i cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want more of this garbage.
Sep 2, 2019 3:39 AM
Aug 2011
It's better than similar trash like SAO, Log Horizon or whatever. Much better
Sep 2, 2019 3:45 AM

Oct 2010
@hatsuyuki dude, I was in braila like last winter. Just wanted to say that.
Sep 2, 2019 3:46 AM

Feb 2011
Catalano said:

Very cool, but you could have written this on my profile instead. Let's stay on topic.
Sep 2, 2019 3:47 AM
Jan 2019
HYPE IS REAL! I can't wait
Sep 2, 2019 3:49 AM

Oct 2010
Hatsuyuki said:
Catalano said:

Very cool, but you could have written this on my profile instead. Let's stay on topic.

Ok, and what can you do, some people like the rising of the edgy hero and it sold good. Judging by your favs, of course you wouldn't enjoy it.
Sep 2, 2019 3:55 AM

Feb 2011
Catalano said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Ok, and what can you do, some people like the rising of the edgy hero and it sold good. Judging by your favs, of course you wouldn't enjoy it.

Unlucky. The industry prioritizes pumping out trash like this instead of taking its time to come up with something more creative. This is why smaller studios that take their time and work on a project for years like Science SARU for example are now much better than larger studios like Madhouse which have unfortunately fallen from grace. Prioritizing money by green lighting overly hyped trash instead of better work, like Made in Abyss from the same studio, which admittedly is receiving a sequel movie but could have easily gotten a second season if not for the decision to adapt Idofront arc as a movie, will be one of my biggest issues with this industry.
Sep 2, 2019 3:58 AM

Jun 2011
Just got this notification and surprised the hell out of me, checked the news section and saw that it got a 2nd AND 3rd season green lit? How is that possible that a show is getting a 3rd season when the 2nd hasn't even aired yet? (though I am in support of getting more long running series)

As for this show, the show really dipped for me in the second half. It wasn't really that great but I wanted to watch it for the revenge plot, which pretty much was resolved in the second half of the series. The only hook really was the revenge plotline, the characters, especially the harem was subpar, the plot was really meh (waves? why do the enemies attack in waves, and only send the weaker forces first? Make them feel like npc/mobs with no personality), and the protagonist is fairly boring.

Gonna try out season 2, hopefully it introduces new element to the series that adds new flair to it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 2, 2019 4:00 AM

Aug 2013
I'm honestly shocked. Nothing else to say.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 2, 2019 4:05 AM

Oct 2010
@hatsuyuki I get you but it wasn't the studio's decision to make the 2nd and 3rd seasons. And it's not like we can't have good anime, stuff that you like. But if not for otaku money, how can we have anime like kaiba? that sold zero. From time to time, studios take risks but only if they have money, money obtained from bigged popular projects. I too am pissed that houseki no kuni still doesn't have a 2nd season. And science saru is making only movies as far as I know.
Props to the fans that get their story's continuation. When I look at berserk I begin to cry.
Sep 2, 2019 4:07 AM

Feb 2011
Catalano said:
@hatsuyuki I get you but it wasn't the studio's decision to make the 2nd and 3rd seasons. And it's not like we can't have good anime, stuff that you like. But if not for otaku money, how can we have anime like kaiba? that sold zero. From time to time, studios take risks but only if they have money, money obtained from bigged popular projects. I too am pissed that houseki no kuni still doesn't have a 2nd season. And science saru is making only movies as far as I know.
Props to the fans that get their story's continuation. When I look at berserk I begin to cry.

Never claimed it was the studio's decision. They are only contractors. I'm just pissed how their better project is receiving worse treatment than this mediocrity. Scuence SARU did Devilman Crybaby as an ONA series and will air a new TV anime this winter, forgot the name though.
Sep 2, 2019 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
Hatsuyuki said:
Shield Hero is generic trash with subpar writing. I see the appeal of shows like My Hero Academia, but even from a casual's perspective, i cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want more of this garbage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed with Shield Hero. Not gonna lie, I thought it was going to be different because of the hype but turned out to be trash. I did finish all episodes but had to watch the last couple of episodes on 2x speed because it was torture. I don't know why I do this to myself.
臭い-
Sep 2, 2019 4:23 AM

Jul 2014
Can't say I was really into it when I saw how they butchered Nao's personality and how stuffs happened differently than the source but still, its definitely better than what SAO III has done up till now. That shit bored me.
Sep 2, 2019 4:25 AM

Feb 2011
Bibimbapski said:
Hatsuyuki said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed with Shield Hero. Not gonna lie, I thought it was going to be different because of the hype but turned out to be trash. I did finish all episodes but had to watch the last couple of episodes on 2x speed because it was torture. I don't know why I do this to myself.

First off the director of Shield Hero is a joke. But EVEN IF this anime had the most outstanding staff, it would have still turned out trash because this is a source material issue. It's straight up a dumpster fire. Issues like bad pacing, underwhelming to the point of comical villains, every character being dumbed down for plot convenience, made this show almost unwatchable for me and I honestly feel personally attacked by the decision to give this show not one BUT TWO MORE SEASONS. I fail to find ANY redeeming wuality within in.
Sep 2, 2019 4:29 AM

Oct 2014
YOOOOO! HYPE! This is so awesome.

(Also ironic how all the people calling it trash are here immediately as it's announced, yikes...)
Sep 2, 2019 4:37 AM

Nov 2013
Really surprised it gets S2. By far, Anime was quite bad, especially towards the end. Manga was better but not great too, and the Light novel is by far the best of them all. I've read up to volume 10 and i can say (sadly) we've already seen THE BEST the story can offer. What we're about to see is not that good...
Sep 2, 2019 4:42 AM

Jun 2013
Hatsuyuki said:
Bibimbapski said:

First off the director of Shield Hero is a joke. But EVEN IF this anime had the most outstanding staff, it would have still turned out trash because this is a source material issue. It's straight up a dumpster fire. Issues like bad pacing, underwhelming to the point of comical villains, every character being dumbed down for plot convenience, made this show almost unwatchable for me and I honestly feel personally attacked by the decision to give this show not one BUT TWO MORE SEASONS. I fail to find ANY redeeming wuality within in.

Chill dude, no need to be a nostalgia*** and immediately dislike anything 'current' or 'trendy', not to mention raining on people's parade by calling a very liked anime/LN a dumpster fire. People like different stuff, instead of calling it trash just criticize it. Personally I like the series, it's nothing too serious, just something kind of dumb to enjoy, while not being as generic and bland as SAO or as slow paced and boring as Grimgar (sticking to the isekai genre). Admittedly the anime isn't as good as the LN but it mostly stuck to it, and hopefully they'll change even less with s2 because that's when it gets better, or s3 assuming they're only 1 cour
Sep 2, 2019 4:46 AM

Feb 2011
bronx819 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Chill dude, no need to be a nostalgia*** and immediately dislike anything 'current' or 'trendy', not to mention raining on people's parade by calling a very liked anime/LN a dumpster fire. People like different stuff, instead of calling it trash just criticize it. Personally I like the series, it's nothing too serious, just something kind of dumb to enjoy, while not being as generic and bland as SAO or as slow paced and boring as Grimgar (sticking to the isekai genre). Admittedly the anime isn't as good as the LN but it mostly stuck to it, and hopefully they'll change even less with s2 because that's when it gets better, or s3 assuming they're only 1 cour

If you're going to comment then at least read everything I've said carefully. I literally said in my first reply that I see the appeal of popular shows like My Hero Aca or Kimetsu, but not for this one particular show. It really has nothing going for it.
Sep 2, 2019 4:53 AM

Jun 2013
Hatsuyuki said:
bronx819 said:

If you're going to comment then at least read everything I've said carefully. I literally said in my first reply that I see the appeal of popular shows like My Hero Aca or Kimetsu, but not for this one particular show. It really has nothing going for it.

You flat out called it garbage, which makes no sense considering the huge amount of garbage just in the isekai pile. Like I said you can criticize whatever you don't like to your hearts content, I have no problem with you saying it has subpar writing, that's mostly perspective but at least fairly critical, calling it garbage or a dumpster fire is unnecessary and pointless, which is what really irks me.
Sep 2, 2019 5:11 AM

Apr 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
and yet here you are, quicker to comment even before the fans of the show and source materials, Attention Seeker much?
Sep 2, 2019 5:14 AM

Feb 2011
Dex_Lionhart said:
Hatsuyuki said:
and yet here you are, quicker to comment even before the fans of the show and source materials, Attention Seeker much?

Yes, me discussing an anime on its destinated forum on a discussion thread definitely makes me an attention seeker. It's not like I received the notification like everyone else did, and happened to be online. How dare I be vocal about my negative opinion right ? Only people that praise the show should be allowed to comment here !
Sep 2, 2019 5:17 AM

Apr 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Dex_Lionhart said:

Yes, me discussing an anime on its destinated forum on a discussion thread definitely makes me an attention seeker. It's not like I received the notification like everyone else did, and happened to be online. How dare I be vocal aboit my negative opinion right ? Only people that praised the show should be allowed to comment here !

Chill dude and read my comment carefully again. I'm not saying you shouldn't criticize a show you don't like. It's just too odd about a guy ranting about how much he dislikes the show to show up before the fans of show just to shit on it. I think it's fairly normal for a person to show his dislike just by ignoring the update or a mail of it and comment on it later OR you're just too free, without any work to do.
Dex_LionhartSep 2, 2019 5:31 AM
Sep 2, 2019 5:25 AM

Mar 2014
"Season 1 was trash but I’ll still watch to see where the story goes" x2
Sep 2, 2019 5:28 AM

Jun 2013
Hatsuyuki said:
Dex_Lionhart said:

Yes, me discussing an anime on its destinated forum on a discussion thread definitely makes me an attention seeker. It's not like I received the notification like everyone else did, and happened to be online. How dare I be vocal about my negative opinion right ? Only people that praise the show should be allowed to comment here !

Shitting on anime you dont like is just petty, not to mention pointless. At least pretend to be critical and diss the show that way so you dont make an ass if yourself, unless that's what you want, in which case mission accomplished

Dex_Lionhart said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Yes, me discussing an anime on its destinated forum on a discussion thread definitely makes me an attention seeker. It's not like I received the notification like everyone else did, and happened to be online. How dare I be vocal aboit my negative opinion right ? Only people that praised the show should be allowed to comment here !

Chill dude and read my comment carefully again. I'm not saying you shouldn't criticize a show you don't like. It's just too odd about a guy ranting about how much he like the show to show up before the fans of show just to shit on it. I think it's fairly normal for a person to show his dislike just by ignoring the update or a mail of it and comment on it later OR you're just too free, without any work to do.

^
Sep 2, 2019 5:28 AM

Apr 2016
The first season was really bad, the entire cast of characters was annoying and the other three heroes were stupid, annoying and boring. The story was a loop with something repeated and repeated until the end. I don’t know if I would watch it, probably no. If I’ve to considered only the Isekai series, this is one of the worst I’ve seen, not entertaining, not intriguind, there isn’t appeal whit characters, the story didn’t catch me, so I don’t know what I will do.
Sep 2, 2019 5:31 AM

Feb 2011
bronx819 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Shitting on anime you dont like is just petty, not to mention pointless. At least pretend to be critical and diss the show that way so you dont make an ass if yourself, unless that's what you want, in which case mission accomplished

Dex_Lionhart said:

Chill dude and read my comment carefully again. I'm not saying you shouldn't criticize a show you don't like. It's just too odd about a guy ranting about how much he like the show to show up before the fans of show just to shit on it. I think it's fairly normal for a person to show his dislike just by ignoring the update or a mail of it and comment on it later OR you're just too free, without any work to do.

^

I mean.. I did bring some valid points earlier as to why I believe Shield Hero is trash, but again it doesn't look like you're interested in reading my comments in their entirely and to be honest, I wouldn't expect anything less from a Shield Hero fan. No matter what arguments I'll attempt to back up my opinion with will not matter to a Shield Hero fan.
Sep 2, 2019 5:31 AM
Aug 2012
Oh damn, so many "1337" anime fans trashing this show. I really hope I never get to the level of anime god that these guys are in.

Imagine not being able to enjoy a show like The Rising of The Shield Hero or even the second season of One Punch Man. What sad lives they must have with all those "trash" animes airing...

Wouldn't your time be better used supporting what you like, instead of wasting your time trashing what you don't like? I don't know, just an idea.
Sep 2, 2019 5:32 AM

May 2012
Season 1 was good from start to finish. Never got bored at any point

I can't wait for season 2 and 3
Sep 2, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2016
AzorAhai said:
Really surprised it gets S2. By far, Anime was quite bad, especially towards the end. Manga was better but not great too, and the Light novel is by far the best of them all. I've read up to volume 10 and i can say (sadly) we've already seen THE BEST the story can offer. What we're about to see is not that good...
Well the best part is Raphtalia so yeah S2 has it, I don't see what's the loss here hehe
Sep 2, 2019 5:39 AM

Oct 2013
Thanjh said:
Season 1 was trash but I’ll still watch to see where the story goes

Yup, I think the same way, however I wouldn't call Season 1 as trashy, even if looking at all its flaws. In my opinion it was just mediocre with wasted potential.

I'm curious to see how Shield Hero and his friends will get along with new party's member and what's gonna happen with those heroes from another realm.
Sep 2, 2019 5:42 AM

Jun 2013
Hatsuyuki said:
bronx819 said:

^

I mean.. I did bring some valid points earlier as to why I believe Shield Hero is trash, but again it doesn't look like you're interested in reading my comments in their entirely and to be honest, I wouldn't expect anything less from a Shield Hero fan. No matter what arguments I'll attempt to back up my opinion with will not matter to a Shield Hero fan.

You didnt explain what was wrong with the pacing, was it too fast or too slow, and calling the villains comical is like calling OPM's one punch fight scenes a joke, they're MEANT to be comical. You didnt bring many, if any, valid points. You even ended with 'feeling personally attacked' by a JAPANESE company. My dude, you need to work on your debating.

I watched a good portion of FMA, didnt like it, didnt see the appeal of it, you know what I did? I went to play some video games instead of watching more and/or calling it trash on forums. Going to rage on forums is the most useless and pointless thing I can imagine anyone doing.
Sep 2, 2019 5:47 AM
Jan 2017
I'm not a huge anime person I just casually watch stuff every now and then. I really liked the anime although it's more isekai shit, but it was enjoyable. Still hated the fucking loli harem, weird shit is just always annoying to me, but this is anime after all. Also the whole "I'm in love with master does he like me too?". I'm not saying that romance is bad but I hate how almost always any relation turns into a romantic one so often. Can't we have a master and student relation WITHOUT sexuality involved. Idk if anyone has watched Clone Wars here but that's why I loved Ahsoka and Anakins relationship.
Sep 2, 2019 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
If the story stop being childish and gets serious again, don't focus on lolis and actually creates tension, I may give another chance to this series. But it was hard for me to finish last season, considering how dumb the show have become
Sep 2, 2019 5:49 AM

Apr 2010
I don't care what most in the comment says, I'm happy, I really liked this.

Sep 2, 2019 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
CrAzzYWolFF said:
I'm not a huge anime person I just casually watch stuff every now and then. I really liked the anime although it's more isekai shit, but it was enjoyable. Still hated the fucking loli harem, weird shit is just always annoying to me, but this is anime after all. Also the whole "I'm in love with master does he like me too?". I'm not saying that romance is bad but I hate how almost always any relation turns into a romantic one so often. Can't we have a master and student relation WITHOUT sexuality involved. Idk if anyone has watched Clone Wars here but that's why I loved Ahsoka and Anakins relationship.

Tbf Raphtalia's love for Naofumi is mostly used as a joke, nevermind the fact that he genuinely doesnt feel that way, and Filo's love is like a pet loving their master. If you take away her voice she basically is a pet.
Sep 2, 2019 6:00 AM
Jan 2017
bronx819 said:
CrAzzYWolFF said:

Tbf Raphtalia's love for Naofumi is mostly used as a joke, nevermind the fact that he genuinely doesnt feel that way, and Filo's love is like a pet loving their master. If you take away her voice she basically is a pet.

But it really gets annoying when you have some of those sexually suggestive scenes. Can't really think many right now but I remember the one where they were massaging each other or something. Also every beach and pool scene in every anime. I'm not saying it's not funny but maybe I don't like when it gets mixed up with the seriousness. Kinda kills the atmosphere for me.
Sep 2, 2019 6:12 AM

Feb 2011
bronx819 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

You didnt explain what was wrong with the pacing, was it too fast or too slow, and calling the villains comical is like calling OPM's one punch fight scenes a joke, they're MEANT to be comical. You didnt bring many, if any, valid points. You even ended with 'feeling personally attacked' by a JAPANESE company. My dude, you need to work on your debating.

I watched a good portion of FMA, didnt like it, didnt see the appeal of it, you know what I did? I went to play some video games instead of watching more and/or calling it trash on forums. Going to rage on forums is the most useless and pointless thing I can imagine anyone doing.

Which is ironic since that's exactly what you're doing right now. Good to know you consider villains in Shield Hero are supposed to be comical. I thought the anime is supposed to be taken seriously considering how dark the start was, but now that you're letting me know it's actually a joke, it makes sense.
Sep 2, 2019 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
hype? where? no thanks
Sep 2, 2019 6:24 AM

Jun 2013
Thanjh said:
bronx819 said:

Sorry but your comparison to OPM doesn’t make sense. OPM is a parody and Saitama’s character is a deconstruction of the OP protagonist in shounen anime. If someone finds the one punch fight scenes to be funny in a comedy, parody anime that would contrast the intense hero moments its trying to parody and make a joke out of I’d say the anime’s doing its job then. Shield hero on the other hand tried to introduce the pope as a major villain. Yes he was meant to be a major villain they used the good opening song for the fight against him. His character depth and overall personality was laughable not because it was comedic. They tried to introduce some kind of threat to the characters and failed miserably, so much so it was funny. They didn’t add him in to make fun of the typical evil for the sake of being evil, shallow villains. He just was one of that type of villain.

Iirc literally every fight except two or three followed the 'whole everyone tried their best but only Saitama's one punch could do it' formula. The pope himself was a joke and stereotypical, the error was making him seem so serious that people missed it. Tell me if this sounds familiar: a religious leader wants to get rid of the MC or someone else as important because they inconvenience himself or the religion.

Hatsuyuki said:
bronx819 said:

Which is ironic since that's exactly what you're doing right now. Good to know you consider villains in Shield Hero are supposed to be comical. I thought the anime is supposed to be taken seriously considering how dark the start was, but now that you're letting me know it's actually a joke, it makes sense.

Unfortunately that was a mistake on the studios part, in the LN it wasnt that serious. And I feel silly for having to explain the spear guy getting kicked in the crotch consistently, the king getting beaten down by his wife, the princess having her name changed to bitch, so on and so forth, are comical villains, you would think that kind of thing would be obvious.

Honestly I'm having fun, I love debating and picking apart people's arguments. If it's something as plain and simple as 'this anime is garbage' then there's nothing to mess with.
Sep 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Oct 2017
Totally waiting for this.
Sep 2, 2019 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
OH HELL YES!! Hoping it'll be another 2 cour (or more) with the same team as season 1.
Sep 2, 2019 6:30 AM

Apr 2017
This definitely made my day, I can't wait for the next season!
*RACCOON HAPPY NOISES*

Sep 2, 2019 6:30 AM

Aug 2017
Shield Hero, the best isekai from 2019, with 2 seasons more!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 2, 2019 6:31 AM
Dec 2017
I'm also hyped for season 2. Season 1 was pretty good so I can't wait to see what happens in the next season!
Sep 2, 2019 6:35 AM
May 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
bronx819 said:

I really don't get why you're taking it this far with arguing with these people. If you don't like a show then just don't watch it and watch something else. You're sure acting like there are zero good shows that you could alternatively watch instead (which is wrong). I'm sure you were able to tell but the fans of the show liked it because it was fun to watch for them. I'm sure they don't think it's a cinematic masterpiece because it isn't but they have every right to defend a show they like.
Sep 2, 2019 6:45 AM

Feb 2018
Thanks, it's a good news.
Sep 2, 2019 6:55 AM

Nov 2009
Came in here just to express my joy and surprise and we already got an ass full of hater comments.
Can't you guys just stay away from animes/topics that you don't like instead of whining? Or just die in a fire, maybe, pretty please?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

231 by LegendaryGast »»
Apr 8, 5:07 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.