Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the threat of a civil war is pretty much evident.

We also got characters of royalty showing up now. Idk about Taichi but he's getting more attention than he was probably expecting.
Stark700Aug 28, 2019 7:10 AM
Aug 28, 2019 7:15 AM
Aug 2019
Hmmmmm, yeah, another ok episode this week I guess...Looks like things are finally starting to draw a close to nearing the end now ^_^
Aug 28, 2019 7:26 AM

Aug 2013
A civil war huh.

That Lodra guy, at the end, will definitely plot something.

Aug 28, 2019 8:10 AM

Aug 2018
I just realized that episodes are actually easier to appreciate when there's no fighting in 'em lol

Well, there was this tiny duel with the General but it was not awfully ugly. And her proposal was quite interesting, I must admit.

However, Taichi & Rin are definitely good guys, like I'd so pissed & angry to stand in front of the one who took away me from my world without my consent : that's called kidnapping eh.
Aug 28, 2019 8:36 AM
Feb 2009
another addition to taichi's harem and she's willing to be concubine as well perfect.
Aug 28, 2019 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Summary: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Aug 28, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
not too bad an ep, some more nice looking girls (honestly this show actually has some of the nicest female character designs I think I've seen in anime) and the fight wasn't too bad

idk I won't deny this show is just another generic isekai, but I feel like the current score is a bit of a stretch. I mean, it can't be worse than Master of Ragnarok, can it?
Aug 28, 2019 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
Wondering about the female voice that talked to the guys at the end of episode 7. The cloaked guy together with the church guy was clearly the advisor of the kings brother - you can see at the beard and the clothes/green gem. And since it seemed more like they wanted to control the main and make him strong ... I guess they want to use him for war agains other countries while trying to manipulate the kings brother. (Atm it seemed like he still wanted to kill the main but since he likes mages and having strong mages in the country ... could work if they convinced him. But the main of course will support the king.)
Aug 28, 2019 10:51 AM

Mar 2014
Huh they really killed Ana off...

Cardinal is probably a double-agent for the duke or something
Aug 28, 2019 11:49 AM
Apr 2016
"I force summoned you here to risk your life fighting for me, I have no way to send you back and you'll never see your family and loved ones again"
MC: You're pretty, so np

The writing is just pathetic tbh
Aug 28, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2015
The animation was abysmal again which fits with the quality of the writing
Aug 28, 2019 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
Aside from the usual cookie cutter dialogues, it was a pretty nice episode. And dark redhead looks pretty yummy. At least there are hotter girls than in most other isekai.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 28, 2019 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
This anime keeps getting worse. so they decided to bring right vs left politics into this, really?
Doesn't help that their disagreement is flimsy in general, certainly no reason to immediately decide to go to war unless it's a outright lust for power on both sides, but i doubt this anime even has the logic for that.

"He summoned you to spare the people suffering"
Yeah if that was the case then him and his brother would have tried to come to a compromise instead of civil war, or at worse the king would have given up his throne to said brother, which hasn't been shown as being evil outside of being the designated "bad guy", the king wants to retain power, but again, maybe i'm giving this show too much credit, to actually logically give a good reason for something.

"Summoning magic can only be used once a lifetime"
Ok, why?
No really why?
That's not a good explanation or even a excuse, it's a statement that bears no merit.

Oh boy the "i can't kill" meme, you agreed to help in a civil war that literally feels unjustified, and yet your afraid to kill, ok.

Sigh this part of the anime could have been amazing, make the king a power hungry warmonger vying for power in secret, using his daughter to summon a hero who he can use to crush opposing forces, make the brother either the same but for different goals, or make the brother trying to stop his insane king, etc but again, that's too logical for a series like this.

I know for alot of people this episode was a improvement over ep 7, but as much as 7 angered me, 8 is imo the worst episode in the series to date simply due to the lack of justifiable reasoning.
TatsuyaAug 28, 2019 1:22 PM
Aug 28, 2019 2:08 PM
Aug 2019
The civil war is obvious, I just want this anime to improve because the step that goes will end in a garbage u.u
Aug 28, 2019 2:54 PM

Jan 2008
shroed said:
"I force summoned you here to risk your life fighting for me, I have no way to send you back and you'll never see your family and loved ones again"

This is actually amazing. Screw the fights - clearly nobody who knows any sort of choreography was even present in the building but... the writing.... Oh lord - I never thought you can actually write a character that is more spineless than a slime monster. Like - how is it even possible. I'm legit laughing so hard it almost makes up for that.
Aug 28, 2019 3:12 PM

Dec 2016
Taichi you idiot... wasted opportunity to have free vagina, and I'm 100% sure that Rin would drank any BS of excuse you would told her [The Council of Men Disapproves]

but in full seriousness I hoping that this general will still try to go to bed with him... at least something remotely funny would happen because of her grooming.
and hey... if she achieved her goals romance subplot TaichixRin could become more interesting and less predictable.
also having a chance of non standard relationship/family I usually think it's a plus.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 28, 2019 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
-So Anna really died... sigh. Like, this isn't even a really serious anime but they had to kill the most interesting girl... in a stupid and meaningless way.

Taichi: Scream of sadness/pain for the death of her precious friend Ana.

Dragon: It's a prank, bro! It's a prank! I just killed your precious friend to make you stronger.

Taichi: Oh, you're right! Now I have a super kawaii fairy. No problem then, bro! Besides, I just met this precious friend yesterday.

Dragon: We cool then. See ya kiddo!

Taichi: I hope you're watching, Ana.

Ana: Fuck you!

-WTF with the scene where Taichi sees Rin naked? At one point he opens the door and sees her from there, but next, for some reason he is inside the room face to face with her. At least we could see Rin's nice ass.

-It's been a while since an harem anime mentions forming a real harem. Of course MC had to get rid of that situation with a pathetic scream.

-It also irks me how awfully calm the MCs were when they found out who summoned them and that they have no way back... but it doesn't matter, we made friends along the way and my powers are like cheats. Cheats I'm afraid to use... again...

God dammit, show! I say all this but you still manage to lure me with your waifus.
SkyLETVAug 29, 2019 12:04 AM
Aug 28, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2016
FMmatron said:
And dark redhead looks pretty yummy. At least there are hotter girls than in most other isekai.

I hope we will see her more often.

Look at her abs!

Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Aug 28, 2019 3:31 PM

Nov 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
FMmatron said:
And dark redhead looks pretty yummy. At least there are hotter girls than in most other isekai.

Look at her abs!

The art is shit, tho 😭

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 28, 2019 3:52 PM

Dec 2016
FMmatron said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

Look at her abs!

The art is shit, tho 😭

unfortunately but abs are still abs
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Aug 28, 2019 4:06 PM

Dec 2016
SkyLETV said:
-So Anna really died... sigh. Like, this isn't even a really serious anime but they had to kill the most interesting girl... in a stupid and meaningless way.

if you think Ana was interesting character then clearly you didn't read manga, I wanted to reader for curiosity but... jesus a few random pages with Ana are much better than entire anime.

and now I understand why this LN/Manga got anime adaptation because they are (most likely*) good and adaptation is jus butchered beyond repair!!!

*sorry I have read only few pages but my shock was so big that I needed to write this but don't have time to read all chapters.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Aug 28, 2019 4:57 PM

Jul 2017
The good one-off character had to go, too bad she's dead.

When royalty calls, you know shit is coming. And plus when the same royalty summons you, it's damage irredeemable for Rin and Taichi.

Anime logic always make no sense, but it absolutely defies belief here. Having one event straight after another is just insane, it's like the staff never even thought to consult filler and main content apart.

Anyways, the calm before the storm.
Aug 28, 2019 4:59 PM

Nov 2013
holy shit, Lemya talking to the king like a boss haha
yay another wife candidate lol
not enough Rin fanservice on that bath scene tho :v

the new girls are cute too, and i like the princess design...this show knows how to make some of the girls look pretty lol

GOSH I FREAKING LOVE THAT ENDING SONG! it's so calm and nice
winddevil1Aug 28, 2019 5:11 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 28, 2019 8:54 PM

Mar 2018
Wow this was so obvious

Lemia the super detective; Taichi for whatever reason behaving like he's about to rage quit at the kind but then does the kind harem mc for the princess; another female falling for Taichi (for now it's just one but hey there are many more in there); the villain being some high tier in this royal city

And of course there had to be this 'walks-in-while-afterbath' scene.. Was there a stalker?

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 28, 2019 9:14 PM
Jan 2019
Wow, Taichi and Rin quickly found the person who summoned them, it must have been a shocking scene, but it lacked emotion.
So the man who caused problems in Azpire, is the Cardinal of the kingdom, so the one behind everything is Duke Dortesheim, I think. Well, it was an episode that left much to be desired, although it was funny when Sumella, the leader of the kingdom's soldiers, asked Taichi to be her husband, hahaha.
Ps: Damn! Ana did die 😢.
Aug 29, 2019 12:51 AM
Apr 2019
This just keeps getting better and better, most underrated show of the season.
Aug 29, 2019 12:54 AM
Apr 2019
shroed said:

Totally not what she said, she said she will do whatever it takes to find a way to help them get back home.
Aug 29, 2019 6:14 AM

May 2012
elementex said:

I do agree.

No idea why this rated below other isekai anime (specially compared to that boring Maou-sama, Retry!)
Aug 29, 2019 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
thepath said:
elementex said:

I do agree.

No idea why this rated below other isekai anime (specially compared to that boring Maou-sama, Retry!)

Bad story, piss poor writing, dreadful animation, sub standard directing, bland soundtrack outside of the OP....shall we go on?
Aug 29, 2019 12:01 PM
Apr 2019
Crashmatt said:
thepath said:

I do agree.

Bad story, piss poor writing, dreadful animation, sub standard directing, bland soundtrack outside of the OP....shall we go on?

Yes do go on and let me know how smartphone got a high 6 rating but this is under 6
Aug 29, 2019 12:02 PM
Aug 2016
Ok, this is officially the most generic Isekai anime I have ever watched, I mean every single damn thing they show on screen was already done better somewhere else, the asshole king, his naive kindhearted daughter and her extremely loyal servant, the retarded kind protagonist and his redhead tsundere childhood friend, how could it be any more generic than that? Oh I know how..

Seriously even though the "walking into a naked girl in the bathroom and getting slapped/yelled at" scene is overused to death, there was never a time when an anime executed it this horribly, I mean the guy just walk into her room, find a shitload of doors, instead of calling for her he just proceeds to check every single door of them, which would make you think that he has a really important thing he want to discuss with her that made him go this far to meet her, but nope, they just wanted to make him see her naked because they want to check every box of genericness on the list, they didn't even try to make it look like an actual accident, like in one scene he is talking with the spirit chick, in the other we see the other girl undressing in the bathroom, and then we go back to him talking with the spirit, and the very next scene he goes to her room for no reason at all, just so he can "accidentally" see her naked body, because whoever created this show is too dumb to think of any better way to show fanservice, he is also too dumb to think of a better way to add a girl to the MC's harem than "you beat me in a fight and now I want to suck your cock", the fact that he didn't bang her after that would be bad enough, but they had to make him scream, pathetically no less, and at this point I suspect they are trying to make this show shitty on purpose.
ClickBaitBusterAug 29, 2019 12:06 PM
Aug 29, 2019 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
elementex said:
Crashmatt said:

Yes do go on and let me know how smartphone got a high 6 rating but this is under 6

Not sure what you're getting at here as both suck. It's fine if you enjoy the show but let's not pretend it's good.
Aug 29, 2019 5:09 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
Crashmatt said:

I dropped Smartphone at episode 2, and at episode 3 for Cheat. Just saying to try to comfort ya :)
Aug 30, 2019 1:08 AM
Apr 2019
Crashmatt said:
elementex said:

Not sure what you're getting at here as both suck. It's fine if you enjoy the show but let's not pretend it's good.

But it is better than a lot of anime higher than it. And it deserves a fair rating when compared to other anime in it's genre.
Aug 30, 2019 2:06 AM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
Crashmatt said:

But it is better than a lot of anime higher than it. And it deserves a fair rating when compared to other anime in it's genre.

Define "a lot". 20000? 10000? 5000? 1000? 500? 100? 10?

And also, there's this thing called burnout. It's like people are getting tired of eating the same soup. That's when being generic starts being negative to a show. We can't just judge both Smartphone and Cheat as if they're the first anime to broadcast on TV ya know. Furthermore, not only we already know the flavor of the soup, Cheat is so stingy on its own ingredients. Just when the soup feels bland since we already know its flavor beforehand, it has to taste bland as well due to insufficient ingredients and preparation (in other words, low effort), and you want people to rate it higher than Smartphone? Sorry man. Smartphone gets higher score than Cheat, and one of the factors is simply because it merely came out earlier. Blame your anime for coming out way late into the field as generic and low effort as people can loathe. Kenja no Mago is lucky to release before this season.
Aug 30, 2019 11:54 AM
Apr 2019
tiwibo said:
elementex said:

Define "a lot". 20000? 10000? 5000? 1000? 500? 100? 10?

And also, there's this thing called burnout. It's like people are getting tired of eating the same soup. That's when being generic starts being negative to a show. We can't just judge both Smartphone and Cheat as if they're the first anime to broadcast on TV ya know. Furthermore, not only we already know the flavor of the soup, Cheat is so stingy on its own ingredients. Just when the soup feels bland since we already know its flavor beforehand, it has to taste bland as well due to insufficient ingredients and preparation (in other words, low effort), and you want people to rate it higher than Smartphone? Sorry man. Smartphone gets higher score than Cheat, and one of the factors is simply because it merely came out earlier. Blame your anime for coming out way late into the field as generic and low effort as people can loathe. Kenja no Mago is lucky to release before this season.

Nah I can just chalk up all these low ratings for isekai to isekai haters 1 bombing. As for kenja it is a testament to how good and popular it is that it manages high 6's despite all the haters 1 bombing it.
Aug 30, 2019 3:11 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:

Nah I can just chalk up all these low ratings for isekai to isekai haters 1 bombing.

Do you even know how to look at the stats page? Even if you take out the 1-votes, it will still not be higher than 6. You know what the real kicker is? This anime actually has more 10-votes than 9-votes and even 1-votes separately. 1-votes actually look more fitting to the score curve than 10. That's the work of people like you right there.

elementex said:

As for kenja it is a testament to how good and popular it is that it manages high 6's despite all the haters 1 bombing it.

Popular? Maybe. Good? No. Why? Even Isekai Maou has higher score than it and that one has higher than 7. Explain that then if it weren't for the isekai burnout that's been progressing over time. Hint: Isekai Maou was released earlier than grandson.
tiwiboAug 31, 2019 3:26 AM
Aug 31, 2019 2:04 AM

Feb 2019
I’ll never understand how series like this will consistently have dudes giving it 1 and 2 stars out of 5, yet they continue to watch it weekly? Is it just to shit on the series and cloutchase in the review threads or what?

I’m hurt af Ana is actually dead, I was really hoping she’d pull thru :( looks like we finally getting some plot advancement though which is nice
Aug 31, 2019 3:39 AM

Jun 2017
What the-... They killed Ana. She was the only character i like. Her story was interesting according to this shitty anime... Poor girl
Aug 31, 2019 7:13 AM
Feb 2016
Sigh....Ana died huh...and where th are Melo and Milo...Im only watching anime rn...will they show up during this civil war time??
Sep 1, 2019 2:17 AM

Apr 2018
Ok so we found out who sent them to their world, cool
Sep 1, 2019 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
Lol so they just found out who summoned them just like that, absolutely marvelous. Also looks like more girls r thirsty for Taichi.
Sep 2, 2019 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
Meh, i lost count how many i yawned during this episode, but at least it's still okay than previous episodes..
Sep 2, 2019 6:12 AM

Jul 2014
Aori_Gleeful said:
What the-... They killed Ana. She was the only character i like. Her story was interesting according to this shitty anime... Poor girl

And the funny thing is she died because of bleeding damage in her stomach while the dragon actually attacked them with fire breath, this anime lol..
Sep 6, 2019 7:24 AM
Sep 2019
Utter TRASH.

Yeah, I called you here, I am sooooooo sorry, please be complete numbskulls and totes forgive me, I am really really sorry.

Sure. How about NO, with a side dish of go fuck yourself.
Or how about I run away and hide. Become strong as all hell. Come back, use your library to find the return magic and slaughter anyone standing in the way, and the go back home because I can use all magic?

I won't even ask for it, because they could use it against me as a hostage. Just... fuck you. Don't care who is sitting on the throne. Just........ just really really fuck you.

Can't go back home? World is a big place. I'll find some other place to enjoy life. Nuclearize this kingdom. Should send a pretty damn strong message: STOP KIDNAPPING OUR PEOPLE OR WE WILL RAPE YOUR CORPSES.

God it's insufferable how goody two shoes these guys are. No problem in being kidnapped, 10 seconds of indecision in being used as tools of war. Sure. If they have so little reserves in killing other people, i say using the severed head of your kidnapper to bash her father to death sounds way more realistic, because they are clearly bidimensional sociopaths.

Honestly just go live somewhere else, and fuck em all.
Sep 12, 2019 2:08 AM

Mar 2009
The red-haired girl falling for the MC after their battle was just embarrassing. Terrible scene.
Sep 24, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2016
shroed said:

Big agree. So stupid of the character to even have any regrets and act like she did the worst thing she could have ever done, like damn bitch, if you feel so bad why the fuck did you even start the spell in the first place when things could easily go wrong and turn out the way they did.
And then the MC's just accepting it? Like fuck sakes I'd act petty and vindictive if I was in this situation.

Mormegil said:
The red-haired girl falling for the MC after their battle was just embarrassing. Terrible scene.

Yep. Typical harem attitude "MC isn't special but let's fall in love and fuck anyways!"

And at the end when he walks in on Rin and sees her naked, walks INTO the room, and they stare at each other for 10 seconds before he screams and runs out.
Like... thanks for the unneeded fanservice because it didn't add shit to the plot.

God this episode was awful.
Sep 30, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2011
Kinda pathetic he's having a hard time fighting that woman, when the early episodes he's considered OP before he met Aerial. Also he's pathetic sreaming when she got on top of him and proposed to be his wife. Then again he's a kid.

Also another faceplam moment when he just went straight opening the doors inside Rin's room. At least I get to see Rin's ass.

I already know this is a bad show, but still gonna watch this for the heck of it anyway.
Oct 2, 2019 7:40 AM
Oct 2017
He had no reason to refuse the general's offer, nothing at all. Should've been a quick 'Yeah,sure, I have nothing else to lose but my lack sexual inexperience.' 👎🏼👎🏼
Oct 3, 2019 8:38 AM
Jan 2018
Shouldn't have accepted or at least considerd the generals offer
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.