Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2019 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Damn. They animate shit like this, and some great anime never see season 2. Sad. This anime is getting worse every episode. Characters are so bland, MC is so basic and stupid it pains me to watch, so I find myself skipping a lot of scenes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2019 9:22 PM
Oct 2018
Mc taichi is your typical shounen protagonist.Dumb & bland
Aug 28, 2019 10:35 PM

Dec 2018
Finally, someone else is realizing! I literally just saw a guy on another forum saying that this was the best fantasy anime he'd ever watched, 10/10. I mean, people are entitled to their opinions, but personally, this is a 2/10 for me. It's one saving grace is the Myth&Roid OP...
Aug 28, 2019 11:02 PM
Jun 2019
COOKIECAT360 said:
Finally, someone else is realizing! I literally just saw a guy on another forum saying that this was the best fantasy anime he'd ever watched, 10/10. I mean, people are entitled to their opinions, but personally, this is a 2/10 for me. It's one saving grace is the Myth&Roid OP...

An anime that is so stingy on showing anything in visual, which is opposite of what an anime should be, gets 10/10.
Aug 29, 2019 6:13 AM

May 2012
Then why do you keep watching it ??

I personally enjoyed this show from the start and it is getting better. I like plot, fights and good looking girls. For me it is better than other 3 Isekai anime in this season (Maou-sama, Retry! is the worst one)
thepathAug 29, 2019 11:01 AM
Aug 29, 2019 10:48 AM

Feb 2015
thepath said:

I personally enjoyed this show from the start and it is getting better. I like plot, fights and good looking girls. For me better is better than other 3 Isekai anime in this season (Maou-sama, Retry! is the worst one)

You have some pretty low standards there. All the isseki shows are awful this season and this is one of the worst. It rips off every isseki trope and commits the biggest sons of any isseki anime which is that is super boring. It's one of the worst written anime I've ever seen.
Aug 29, 2019 10:50 AM

Mar 2018
Ye it's a complete dumpster fire. I wouldn't recommend anyone watch it.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 29, 2019 10:54 AM

Nov 2016
Arifureta was bad enough to be enjoyable. This was just bland.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2019 11:03 AM

May 2012
Crashmatt said:
thepath said:

I personally enjoyed this show from the start and it is getting better. I like plot, fights and good looking girls. For me better is better than other 3 Isekai anime in this season (Maou-sama, Retry! is the worst one)

You have some pretty low standards there. All the isseki shows are awful this season and this is one of the worst. It rips off every isseki trope and commits the biggest sons of any isseki anime which is that is super boring. It's one of the worst written anime I've ever seen.

It is boring for you
Not for me.

I can say that same thing about some of your favorite anime. Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 was too boring for me for example. I felt like going to sleep when watching it. Too much dialog and story feels too slow, felt like I was reading a book, rather watching anime. super boring.

Also, I don't really care that much about writing. I watch anime for entertainment. If show entertains me then it is good. (though I personally don't see anything wrong with Cheat writing, it is similar to most other Isekai or harem shows). I don't care of it rips off every isekai topes. 95% of isekai I watched are entertaining and never got bored of it if it is the same thing every time.

Afloo said:
Arifureta was bad enough to be enjoyable. This was just bland.

Arifureta started to be enjoyable when they introduced the Bunny girl. The other episodes was little boring cause not much happened

I personally rank them like this

Cheat > Okaa-san (mother-son iskai) > Arifureta >>>>>>> Maou-sama, Retry! (this one had good start, but get much worse later)

thepathAug 29, 2019 11:17 AM
Aug 29, 2019 12:45 PM

Dec 2016
I'm just watching it to see how deep this shithole can go, along side with arifureta.
Arguably, despite how bad the adaptation for arifureta is, its a lot better compared to this boring ass show that does the generic isekai plot bad. lol
Aug 29, 2019 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
thepath said:

I personally enjoyed this show from the start and it is getting better. I like plot, fights and good looking girls. For me it is better than other 3 Isekai anime in this season (Maou-sama, Retry! is the worst one)

yea this show no joke actually has some really nice character designs
Aug 29, 2019 1:06 PM
Sep 2015
The best thing about this anime is the OP, everything else is meh.

And Sayaka Ohara, I love her voice.
Aug 29, 2019 6:06 PM

Apr 2013
it's getting worse cause people make posts like this, it's not ideal show but it has the generics of Isekai soo...
Aug 29, 2019 7:58 PM

Feb 2009
Different taste bro, I don't understand either how people like konosuba.

1. Reuse the same joke
2. Generic character design
3. Bad music
4. Non-existent story
Aug 30, 2019 2:50 AM

Feb 2016
thepath said:

I want to report you for this dude
Aug 30, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2016
Nixex11 said:
Different taste bro, I don't understand either how people like konosuba.

1. Reuse the same joke
2. Generic character design
3. Bad music
4. Non-existent story

Oh that's simple. Konosuba does the opposite of what every isekai does and that's not taking itself seriously. From its simple character designs, goofy animation and throwing the whole plot out the window, you're left with nothing but hilarious moments and good character interactions. The author purposely tried to make the characters unappealing which instead made them loved by the community. Konosuba is more or less a refreshing take on the isekai genre by making fun of it.
Most people including myself are kinda sick of the same black/purple haired male japanese character getting isekaied in the same circle town, where the MC has an advantage over everyone and slowly builds a harem full of girls with a basic personalities.

If simple comedy isn't your cup of tea or how it places its setting then that's completely understandable.
LazyChaserAug 30, 2019 11:35 AM
Aug 31, 2019 1:10 AM

May 2009
LordofEcchi said:

More like typical isekaishit light novel protagonist. Battle manga protagonists have more variety (shounen is not a genre).
Aug 31, 2019 7:05 PM
Oct 2018
bastek66 said:
LordofEcchi said:

More like typical isekaishit light novel protagonist. Battle manga protagonists have more variety (shounen is not a genre).

Thank you for the correction. But taichi still shit
Sep 1, 2019 12:06 AM

May 2009
LordofEcchi said:
bastek66 said:

Thank you for the correction. But taichi still shit

Of course he is. Whole this anime is.
Sep 2, 2019 12:00 AM

Jul 2015
I'm 3 episodes in and I'm dying of boredom. I'll probably come back one day
Sep 2, 2019 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
I still like it. Compared to annoying (mostly because of the MC) isekai like Re:Zero it is pretty good.
But I don't like the subs. :D Seems common to use the wrong names in so called "official" (afaik the stuff I download is ripped from Cruncyhroll) ... when they even went from Miura to "Muller". Which absolutely makes no sense. :D
Sep 2, 2019 2:50 AM

Oct 2017
I watch this at 2x speed now to skip the torture while seeing how bad it goes.
(Same with Arifureta)

This is the first time I watch anime in 2x speed, and it works for these 2 shit shows.
Sep 2, 2019 2:53 AM

Oct 2017
bastek66 said:
LordofEcchi said:

Except light novel author stop writing this arch-type, but instead the Shield Hero Archetype which people THOUGHT mc sucks and use this as a reason to mistreat him, but deep down mc is op, so mc will prove everyone who mistreated him that they're wrong later on, showing how op he really is.
Sep 2, 2019 7:06 AM

May 2009
Ventus_S said:
bastek66 said:

Except light novel author stop writing this arch-type, but instead the Shield Hero Archetype which people THOUGHT mc sucks and use this as a reason to mistreat him, but deep down mc is op, so mc will prove everyone who mistreated him that they're wrong later on, showing how op he really is.

If you watch anime at 2x speed how do you even understand the subs? I can't understand your post at all.
Sep 2, 2019 12:19 PM

Oct 2017
bastek66 said:
Ventus_S said:

If you watch anime at 2x speed how do you even understand the subs? I can't understand your post at all.

Like I said those 2 shows frame are so low/ slow that watching 2x speed actually feel normal XD.

It's not like those 2 shows have any deep plot I need to slow down to digest to get what they're talking about.
Sep 4, 2019 1:41 AM
Jan 2017
It's trash, all I'm willing to say tbh, can't even bear to analyse any more of it.
Sep 4, 2019 6:25 AM
Aug 2019
I’ll admit that this is most definitely one of the poorest isekai themed animes I’ve watched in a good while >_<

But despite it’s somewhat awful animation style, I’m still sticking with it for the storyline & characters regardless ^_^
Sep 4, 2019 7:58 AM
Feb 2009
I just have it on the background while I play games it's so bad lol
Sep 4, 2019 10:42 AM
Jun 2017
After 9 episodes, what i can say is that the only reason i am still finsihing this one is that i have started it. At first i do little appreciate it since im an isekai fan but after some episodes, its becoming so generic that sometimes i am already 😴😴😴 while watching it...

Hahaha..
Sep 4, 2019 5:11 PM

Aug 2018
Come on, 3 more weeks to go and this will be the end, we can do it
Sep 4, 2019 8:43 PM
Jan 2009
This anime is like a train crash, and just like the crash, I can't look away.
Sep 4, 2019 8:56 PM

Mar 2016
This went from half decent to just Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bland.
Sep 5, 2019 12:09 AM
Nov 2018
Looking around Kiss Anime, maybe I can pick up another show? Hmm, I never looked into Isekai Cheat Magician, the generic name put me off I guess. Maybe I should give it a chance. Let's see what people say in the foru...oh my God make it stop, make it stop!
Sep 5, 2019 12:12 AM

Nov 2013
In other news water is wet.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 5, 2019 1:17 AM
Nov 2016
Yeah, it went from a 6/10 at first to a 4/10 now. Still better than Kenja no Mago though.
Sep 5, 2019 1:28 AM

Dec 2015
It is still weird though that shows like the one with Smartphone are having a higher score by 1 point. Shows that MAL is getting more critical with the time. (Even though Kanata no Astra is still a bit overrated so there are overrated anime as well.)

The smartphone one was basically similar. Also "cheating" (with smartphone powers) - and lots of girls. And the politics n stuff was less interesting. I guess if that one had aired this season it would have been 4 only. :D
Sep 5, 2019 1:29 AM
Jun 2019
Ventus_S said:

Like I said those 2 shows frame are so low/ slow that watching 2x speed actually feel normal XD.

It's not like those 2 shows have any deep plot I need to slow down to digest to get what they're talking about.

Mad lad, considering that this show's words-per-minute is obscenely high.
Sep 5, 2019 2:54 AM
Aug 2019
BlueSnow93 said:
Yeah, it went from a 6/10 at first to a 4/10 now. Still better than Kenja no Mago though.

Kenja Mago is way more logical and have higher score than this
Sep 5, 2019 3:37 AM
Nov 2016
Kihira07 said:
BlueSnow93 said:

Ok...
I have more fun watching this than Kenja no Mago. *shrugs*
KNM was far too cringe and virgin power fantasy for my taste.
ICM has better animation, op, MC('s), side characters and while of course being cringe and virgin power fantasy too, it at least doesn't feel like a complete joke. KNM felt like a parody halfway through, while taking itself way too serious.

But eh, we are talking 2/10 vs 4/10 here. I honestly don't really care.
Sep 5, 2019 5:04 AM
Aug 2019
BlueSnow93 said:
Kihira07 said:

Ok...
ICM has better animation, op, MC('s), side characters and while of course being cringe and virgin power fantasy too, it at least doesn't feel like a complete joke. KNM felt like a parody halfway through, while taking itself way too serious.

Something about that show: Shin combined physics/chemical knowledge and control mana into his magic to make it work. Furthermore, he has trained the magic and sword skill in the forest for 15 years, no surprise that he is op
Sep 5, 2019 6:04 AM
Jun 2019
Kihira07 said:
BlueSnow93 said:

Ok...

Something about that show: Shin combined physics/chemical knowledge and control mana into his magic to make it work. Furthermore, he has trained the magic and sword skill in the forest for 15 years, no surprise that he is op

Yeah, the science bit was cool and all until somehow he stated that he didn't know how to float in episode 3. Kid knows how to maneuver like Ironman around a friggin demonic bear and jump high around the forest but never learned how to float with wind magic in that 15 years.
Sep 5, 2019 7:32 AM
Aug 2019
tiwibo said:
Kihira07 said:

Yeah, the science bit was cool and all until somehow he stated that he didn't know how to float in episode 3. Kid knows how to maneuver like Ironman around a friggin demonic bear and jump high around the forest but never learned how to float with wind magic in that 15 years.

Magic like that haven't existed yet in human world, only Strom could use it in ep 4. Later, Shin figured out how to float too by a different method so it's normal if he didn't know it in ep 3. Any new kind of magic took time to even become reality anyway
Sep 5, 2019 7:40 AM

Oct 2017
thepath said:

Maou-sama Retry is the best isekai anime this season. That is also reflected by the (deserved) best rating out of the four.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Sep 5, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2012
XanderFenikkusu said:
thepath said:

Maou-sama Retry is the best isekai anime this season. That is also reflected by the (deserved) best rating out of the four.

It is worst for me cause it has weak comedy and no plot

Mother-son isekai has better comedy (and fanservice)

That other ones have better story and action

Sep 5, 2019 8:04 AM
Jun 2019
Kihira07 said:
tiwibo said:

Magic like that haven't existed yet in human world, only Strom could use it in ep 4. Later, Shin figured out how to float too by a different method so it's normal if he didn't know it in ep 3. Any new kind of magic took time to even become reality anyway

Think about it. The kid has mastery over wind magic. He can fly like ironman. That means he should be able to control his position in midair, and yet he doesn't know how to lock himself in midair. It's like you watch someone speed off on his bike and then when he starts to slow down, he falls off immediately because he doesn't know how to balance. He should already know how to float when he was learning to ironman. And yet, the author somehow decided that he doesn't know because that way the story could pad until he can fly off along with his classmates to save a country or something.

Actually, there's a way to make it actually a bit sensible: Write that Shin does indeed know how to float but after some tests, he concluded that it's too much hassle and inefficient to cast wind-based floating magic on multiple people at once because he needs to micromanage multiple streams of air on each person, necessitating study on the one he finally showed off in the anime, which is gravtity-based. That makes more sense than just "Uhhh I just didn't think of _____..." blanket writing.

I find that things like that is rather prevalent throughout the anime. Things happen at the snap of the author's finger without any regards for progression. I wouldn't be surprised if the author writes that babies can run once they're out of their mothers' wombs.
Sep 5, 2019 8:57 PM
Aug 2019
tiwibo said:
Kihira07 said:

Think about it. The kid has mastery over wind magic. He can fly like ironman. That means he should be able to control his position in midair, and yet he doesn't know how to lock himself in midair. It's like you watch someone speed off on his bike and then when he starts to slow down, he falls off immediately because he doesn't know how to balance. He should already know how to float when he was learning to ironman. And yet, the author somehow decided that he doesn't know because that way the story could pad until he can fly off along with his classmates to save a country or something.

Actually, there's a way to make it actually a bit sensible: Write that Shin does indeed know how to float but after some tests, he concluded that it's too much hassle and inefficient to cast wind-based floating magic on multiple people at once because he needs to micromanage multiple streams of air on each person, necessitating study on the one he finally showed off in the anime, which is gravtity-based. That makes more sense than just "Uhhh I just didn't think of _____..." blanket writing.

I find that things like that is rather prevalent throughout the anime. Things happen at the snap of the author's finger without any regards for progression. I wouldn't be surprised if the author writes that babies can run once they're out of their mothers' wombs.

Shin always tries to use magic based on science, and he hasn't figured it out in ep 4 yet about the floating and flying. He might have the memories of science and Japan but not everything. Also, ironman? Who said he even remember that thing? And, he mentioned in ep 9 that his floating experiment is success, nothing relate to your "ironman" whatsoever. Furthermore, no matter how good he is, he still needs time to learn and adapt the knowledges into reality. Not to mention, all the things that he did, his friends could do it if they also have the knowledges like him. However, the way this world learn about magic: imagination + incantation.
Shin's grandparents: imagination + mana control
Shin: imagination + mana control + science (and he keeps repeating it for entire 15 years when he lived in the forest), so he should be able to do the things about casting floating magic on everyone. But doesn't mean it will last forever, whenever the group need to travel fast, he has to cast it on them again.
Sep 5, 2019 11:47 PM

Oct 2017
thepath said:
XanderFenikkusu said:

It is worst for me cause it has weak comedy and no plot

Mother-son isekai has better comedy (and fanservice)

That other ones have better story and action

Tbh Mother-san isekai is the most under-rated isekai out there.
It is not on Konosuba level but it's not half bad either.
People give it extremely low rating because it sexualize a mother.
I find it hilarious that people are ok with sexualizing sisters/ brother/ loli (daughter)/ shota (son), but when it comes to mom they despise it so much lolz.

The main reason why people don't have bad feeling for sexualizing siblings is probably because they don't have one so they have this strange fantasy of those being sweet and cute. I have a real life older brother and younger sister, so I know how bad siblings can be, yet I'm still ok with sexualizing siblings in anime.
Donnu why people are so hypocritical when it comes to mom.
Sep 6, 2019 1:03 AM
Jun 2019
Kihira07 said:

Shin always tries to use magic based on science, and he hasn't figured it out in ep 4 yet about the floating and flying. He might have the memories of science and Japan but not everything. Also, ironman? Who said he even remember that thing? And, he mentioned in ep 9 that his floating experiment is success, nothing relate to your "ironman" whatsoever. Furthermore, no matter how good he is, he still needs time to learn and adapt the knowledges into reality. Not to mention, all the things that he did, his friends could do it if they also have the knowledges like him. However, the way this world learn about magic: imagination + incantation.

Watch the early bit of the episodes again. He maneuvered around a demonic bear like ironman, or maybe even better, when he was a kid. So, you mean to tell me that this guy learned how to speed on a bike when he was a kid but didn't learn how to balance himself? That's nonsense. It doesn't take science to figure that out. It's sense of safety. Seriously, what the hell was Merlin doing when it came to that? "Hm... Grandson, you can do some sick flying but do you know how to stop yourself in midair? In case you sense something while in the air..." Something like that? Yes, one can't learn and adapt everything at once but do you know that there's this specific order of things that you have to follow to learn (in other words, you know? Progression?)? Like, when you want to learn to fly like ironman, you need to learn to balance yourself in the air first? And by extension, by the time you can do the first step, you should be able to float? Nope. "I know how to fly but don't know how to float." Again, nonsense. I don't know if it happens in LN or manga but maybe the anime shouldn't have animated the brief ironman moment then huh?

And you mentioned imagination... "Look, I can imagine myself outmaneuvering the damn bear while flying. Maybe I should think of floating. Hm... Maybe not." Yeah, maybe not for 9 years and 9-10 episodes. Some imagination there kid. Even showing 5-10 seconds of him tumbling around would've sufficed but no, just say "I just didn't think of it for 9 years and 9 episodes oh and there's experiment." Lazy writing. To add more to the fire, even Merlin learned how to make wormhole portals. So Merlin, where were you when your precious grandson was flying around that damn bear? Oh right, you were watching him do that. Do you have the same "I just didn't think of it for 9 years and 9 episodes" syndrome? Possibly, considering that it's in the face when I see it happens, and it happened a lot, some in key areas of the anime as well. Not to mention that you also gain tactical advantages when you are able to remain stable in midair. You remove your reliance on the ground or large objects under your feet. I'm friggin surprised that even Merlin doesn't know that when he was surrounded by trees and hills for so many years.

Kihira07 said:

Shin: imagination + mana control + science (and he keeps repeating it for entire 15 years when he lived in the forest), so he should be able to do the things about casting floating magic on everyone.

Here's the thing. What does "I think floating is against the rule." imply during the fight in episode 3 when he can do a solar beam attack? He knows but has little mastery or it has never even registered in his mind?

Kihira07 said:

But doesn't mean it will last forever, whenever the group need to travel fast, he has to cast it on them again.

I've already said it in my previous post: He should've known how to float by the time he entered the academy but he should also state that the way, which is wind-based, is too inefficient for multicast because it needs to target specific points of each body. So, the easier thing to do is deal with the gravity, which he did. He shouldn't have said "I just didn't think of it but I've been doing experiments." There can be a lot of experiments on different factors that lead to the same outcome ya know? Since this show pitches science almost every week, how about letting us see the experiments? Which one shows the best results? It doesn't have to be Dr Stone but like I said, even 5-10 seconds of him tumbling would be nice.
Sep 7, 2019 3:45 AM
Aug 2019
tiwibo said:
Kihira07 said:

Watch the early bit of the episodes again. He maneuvered around a demonic bear like ironman, or maybe even better, when he was a kid. So, you mean to tell me that this guy learned how to speed on a bike when he was a kid but didn't learn how to balance himself? That's nonsense. It doesn't take science to figure that out. It's sense of safety. Seriously, what the hell was Merlin doing when it came to that? "Hm... Grandson, you can do some sick flying but do you know how to stop yourself in midair? In case you sense something while in the air..." Something like that? Yes, one can't learn and adapt everything at once but do you know that there's this specific order of things that you have to follow to learn (in other words, you know? Progression?)? Like, when you want to learn to fly like ironman, you need to learn to balance yourself in the air first? And by extension, by the time you can do the first step, you should be able to float? Nope. "I know how to fly but don't know how to float." Again, nonsense. I don't know if it happens in LN or manga but maybe the anime shouldn't have animated the brief ironman moment then huh?

And you mentioned imagination... "Look, I can imagine myself outmaneuvering the damn bear while flying. Maybe I should think of floating. Hm... Maybe not." Yeah, maybe not for 9 years and 9-10 episodes. Some imagination there kid. Even showing 5-10 seconds of him tumbling around would've sufficed but no, just say "I just didn't think of it for 9 years and 9 episodes oh and there's experiment." Lazy writing. To add more to the fire, even Merlin learned how to make wormhole portals. So Merlin, where were you when your precious grandson was flying around that damn bear? Oh right, you were watching him do that. Do you have the same "I just didn't think of it for 9 years and 9 episodes" syndrome? Possibly, considering that it's in the face when I see it happens, and it happened a lot, some in key areas of the anime as well. Not to mention that you also gain tactical advantages when you are able to remain stable in midair. You remove your reliance on the ground or large objects under your feet. I'm friggin surprised that even Merlin doesn't know that when he was surrounded by trees and hills for so many years.

Kihira07 said:

Shin: imagination + mana control + science (and he keeps repeating it for entire 15 years when he lived in the forest), so he should be able to do the things about casting floating magic on everyone.

Here's the thing. What does "I think floating is against the rule." imply during the fight in episode 3 when he can do a solar beam attack? He knows but has little mastery or it has never even registered in his mind?

Kihira07 said:

But doesn't mean it will last forever, whenever the group need to travel fast, he has to cast it on them again.

I've already said it in my previous post: He should've known how to float by the time he entered the academy but he should also state that the way, which is wind-based, is too inefficient for multicast because it needs to target specific points of each body. So, the easier thing to do is deal with the gravity, which he did. He shouldn't have said "I just didn't think of it but I've been doing experiments." There can be a lot of experiments on different factors that lead to the same outcome ya know? Since this show pitches science almost every week, how about letting us see the experiments? Which one shows the best results? It doesn't have to be Dr Stone but like I said, even 5-10 seconds of him tumbling would be nice.

"So, you mean to tell me that this guy learned how to speed on a bike when he was a kid but didn't learn how to balance himself?" since when get speed on the ground mean you could balance yourself in the mid air? In my case, when i still was in school, i could get speed whenever i want on the ground, but keep the balance also on the ground? No, couldn't, that's why my score was always low. Again, which moment in anime even mention your "iron man" thing? You just bring out of your imagination or something?
"And you mentioned imagination... "Look, I can imagine myself outmaneuvering the damn bear while flying. Maybe I should think of floating. Hm... Maybe not." Yeah, maybe not for 9 years and 9-10 episodes. Some imagination there kid. Even showing 5-10 seconds of him tumbling around would've sufficed but no, just say "I just didn't think of it for 9 years and 9 episodes oh and there's experiment." Lazy writing. To add more to the fire, even Merlin learned how to make wormhole portals. So Merlin, where were you when your precious grandson was flying around that damn bear? Oh right, you were watching him do that. Do you have the same "I just didn't think of it for 9 years and 9 episodes" syndrome? Possibly, considering that it's in the face when I see it happens, and it happened a lot, some in key areas of the anime as well. Not to mention that you also gain tactical advantages when you are able to remain stable in midair. You remove your reliance on the ground or large objects under your feet. I'm friggin surprised that even Merlin doesn't know that when he was surrounded by trees and hills for so many years."
Except no, just because he used imagination, doesn't mean he could use it immediately, he still have to figure how to control it by his own way, he always do the experiment with mana control that involve science whenever he could. Even when he saw Strom could do it in ep 4, it still took a lot of time for him since it involved the mana cost to use and the body control, but this world didn't know about science and anti-gravity thing, so he had to learn and did experiment all by himself. If you think he could do it just out of nowhere then lol. Without the knowledge of science, doubt he could even do it in the end of this season
"Here's the thing. What does "I think floating is against the rule." imply during the fight in episode 3 when he can do a solar beam attack? He knows but has little mastery or it has never even registered in his mind?"
All he did was still based on the basic of magic in this world and combined with science: fire, wind, lighting, water, ice, earth,... He hasn't seen who did flying magic yet, or should i say, till ep 4, only Strom could use it so far.
"He should've known how to float by the time he entered the academy but he should also state that the way, which is wind-based, is too inefficient for multicast because it needs to target specific points of each body. So, the easier thing to do is deal with the gravity, which he did. He shouldn't have said "I just didn't think of it but I've been doing experiments." There can be a lot of experiments on different factors that lead to the same outcome ya know? Since this show pitches science almost every week, how about letting us see the experiments? Which one shows the best results? It doesn't have to be Dr Stone but like I said, even 5-10 seconds of him tumbling would be nice."
He clearly know nothing about the floating magic until he met Strom so it's normal. There are a lot of things he did in this anime came from his experiments before adapted them into reality. Just like in ep 1, when he burned oxygen and hydrogen at high temperature together to cause the big explosion or destroyed the ceiling to gather the energy for solar beam to attack Strom in ep 4 or used his knowledge about anti-gravity to float in ep 9... You think he just suddenly could do all of that out of no where? All needed his experiments and training before. While the anime didn't show them, he still mentioned about how to do that by his words. And we know he must have did the experiment and trained it before, that's enough
Kihira07Sep 7, 2019 3:50 AM
Sep 7, 2019 7:46 AM
Jun 2019
Kihira07 said:
*snipped*

Ugh... You don't understand. Him flying without knowing how to float is like someone who knows how to speed on a bike but doesn't know how to balance himself first. That's absolutely nonsensical. Let me use another example: Who knows how to run without knowing how to stand? Did he practice his high speed flying by ramming into things? Again. Where's the wiseman's wisdom in all this when he saw his grandson did it? Much wise.
Kihira07 said:
Again, which moment in anime even mention your "iron man" thing? You just bring out of your imagination or something?

I didn't bother to include links because I expected better from someone who claimed to not giving up, but that's too much now, isn't it? Can't you just search on youtube? Keywords: Shin vs Bear
Kihira07 said:
Except no, just because he used imagination, doesn't mean he could use it immediately, he still have to figure how to control it by his own way,

And that took him 9 years and 9 episodes to how to practice flying safely when he could use jet boots to do acrobatics all those times? Wut!?
Kihira07 said:
All he did was still based on the basic of magic in this world and combined with science: fire, wind, lighting, water, ice, earth,... He hasn't seen who did flying magic yet, or should i say, till ep 4, only Strom could use it so far.

Except that he DID fly at high speed when fighting the damn bear. Also, how basic is a wormhole portal? Ya know? Something that's only hypothetical? He knows how to converge light and bend space and yet he bloody didn't know how to float? You put each of these on each of your hands: Bend space, float. One takes basic physics application, another is hypothetical science. How the heck could the author just write that he didn't know how to basic and yet he can realize hypotheses with ease?
Kihira07 said:
He clearly know nothing about the floating magic until he met Strom so it's normal. There are a lot of things he did in this anime came from his experiments before adapted them into reality. Just like in ep 1, when he burned oxygen and hydrogen at high temperature together to cause the big explosion or destroyed the ceiling to gather the energy for solar beam to attack Strom in ep 4 or used his knowledge about anti-gravity to float in ep 9... You think he just suddenly could do all of that out of no where? All needed his experiments and training before. While the anime didn't show them, he still mentioned about how to do that by his words. And we know he must have did the experiment and trained it before, that's enough

Except that he has to know how to float if he knows how to ironman, and he knew how to ironman when he was a kid and yet he didn't know how to float when he was a teen. I've said it before: Some things have prerequisites to learn. Without those prerequisites, it's impossible to learn them. Do you think that in his sleep he just dreamed "Hey Luke, try combining oxygen and hydrogen." and then he just did it? That's just stupid. Of course he has to know about chemical reactions beforehand. He even knows what oxygen and hydrogen are, for god's sake. The main problem is that he didn't know how to float whatsoever, even by using wind magic, when he could ironman with the same magic.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.