Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2019 6:08 AM

Oct 2018
Viz said:
-Aincrad- said:

Is this trial a big thing?
Is it important to the story?

Well for starters, a demon slayer protecting a demon is basically unheard of before. The pillars will never trust a demon, so they need some kind of assurance/proof that Nezuko will not harm any human.

I've seen some mentioned this Demon Training Arc, which they hoped to be the end of this season

Then I suppose they will choose to trust Nezuko(well obviously she won't be killed) and they will train her?
This is a spoiler,but I'm still curious, so use spoiler tag when answering please!
Aug 25, 2019 6:30 AM

Apr 2018
-Aincrad- said:
I've seen some mentioned this Demon Training Arc, which they hoped to be the end of this season
That's not demon training arc, but Demon train arc, people call it demon train arc because the battle take place in a train. Not about demon training.
Jfs_Aug 25, 2019 7:41 AM
Aug 25, 2019 6:36 AM

May 2018
Nice to see Rui's backstory, and guess what we feel bad for the demons again. Nezuko chasing part was cute, like always. I hope we can get longer time for the Hashiras at the last part.

Aug 25, 2019 6:51 AM
Apr 2014
-Aincrad- said:
Viz said:

Well for starters, a demon slayer protecting a demon is basically unheard of before. The pillars will never trust a demon, so they need some kind of assurance/proof that Nezuko will not harm any human.

Then I suppose they will choose to trust Nezuko(well obviously she won't be killed) and they will train her?
This is a spoiler,but I'm still curious, so use spoiler tag when answering please!

Basically what Jfs_ have said.

I don't think they would adapt that arc in this season, since there's a short recovery arc for our main trio after the trial.
Aug 25, 2019 7:14 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
SmilingBeginner said:

Here is a fun question for the anime-only friends: can you guess who is the strongest among these Hashira based on impression alone? The true answer might surprise you A LOT XD

I'm going to go with the kid that is standing next to Shinobu. The guy with the fiery hairstyle looks like a complete badass.
Aug 25, 2019 7:27 AM

Feb 2016
Himawari9 said:
HereticHunter said:
Why is this anime so fucking slow? Literally almost nothing happened on this episode. There's no need to expand on the demons backstory that much, it wastes a lot of time, Spidermom's backstory was shorter and it was easier to sympathize with her. Can't say the same for the rest of this "Family"

It does not help either that Shinobu keeps triggering Giyuu while not letting Tanjiro or Giyuu explain themselves. All that time wasted served nothing because in the end they'd be taking Tanjiro and Nezuko to the pillars anyway.

Things are slow because the studio stretching them too much. In the manga, the pacing is better and things happen very fast. Pacing is one thing that is better in the manga. The fight with Rui and his backstory only happen in a couples of chapters but the studio extended them for 3-4 episodes. Rui's backstory should have been done last episode already.
The backstories are the best things about this show. They show that demons are once humans too. Without those backstories, the villains would become shallow and not memorable. It would just become fight after fight with fodders that we can't even remember their faces. The show will have no depth at all and will be boring as hell.
Like those villains in Dragon Ball, in the end, the ones fans remember the most are the ones with their backstory showed.
KnY currently is one of the most popular manga in Shounen Jump so the author must have done something right.

I'm not against of having backstories for the villains, I like when they want to redeem them. But the pacing on this anime makes it quite unbearable, I want them to move on already, we've been with these spider demons for about 6 episodes when it could have been simplified to 4. And tbf, out of all demons shown so far, I've only felt bad for drum demon and spider mom.

It's also very ambitious to try and humanize every single villain by redeeming them and it wont always work that well, there's also many other ways to make characters memorable than just adding a backstory when they are about to die.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2019 7:37 AM

Nov 2016
Nice backstory for Rui and damn, the Pillars look awesome in color.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 25, 2019 7:43 AM

May 2017
WillieWonka333 said:
skull90 said:
omg Nezuko stay like this forever 😍

This gif is the exact reason why i'm here.

Courtesy of yyh on tumblr, he's a genius 👌
skull90Aug 25, 2019 11:05 AM
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Aug 25, 2019 7:51 AM

Mar 2017
What is this fucking anime trying to do to me?! My emotions were more tangled than my headphones! I just barely managed not to try at Rui's backstory & death.

Then there was the tension... holy god, that shit had me shooketh af. I'm gonna have mad anxiety about next weeks episode till Saturday! Also i can feel a cliffhanger ending coming at the end of the season
Aug 25, 2019 8:08 AM

Sep 2017
Another sweet demon back story. I just love Tanjiro man. He's just too endearing. I'm really happy the other Hashira (or whatever) guy actually remembered and protected Tanjiro and Nezuko. It's probably gonna take a bit of frigging around to get Nezuko in the clear.
Aug 25, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2019
WTF Rui's sad backstory was 3 episodes late, this episode should have been Tanjiro being on trial, where he has a lotta explaining to do as to why he has Nezuko being a demon.
Aug 25, 2019 1:36 PM
Jan 2019
Good episode! They showed the story of the demon of the 12 Demon Moons, it was a bit sad, I admit it. Tanjiro showed compassion for those demons who suffer and repent. Tomioka protected Nezuko and Tanjiro from Kocho's attacks, violating some rules of demon slayers, what a great man. I thought I would see a great fight between Tomioka and Kocho. Luckily, the crows arrived with the message of the Association, which saved the situation.
Wow! I didn't think I saw all the pillars assembled so soon. It was amazing! What a great end of the episode.
The arch of Natagumo Mountain is over, it was really amazing, it was full of surprises and one of the most epic moments I've seen this year. It was an arduous and difficult battle, but they succeeded.

Ps: It was very funny and cuddly to see Nezuko run away from the demon slayer as a child, LOL.
Aug 25, 2019 1:40 PM

Aug 2019
Like Episode 20, another solid episode. Gave it a 4/5.

Kanao looks like a younger Shinobu, but it was good to see her being introduced here after last seeing her at the final selection. Shinobu's still best girl.
xenosysAug 25, 2019 1:49 PM
Aug 25, 2019 2:00 PM

Oct 2018
I'm surprised that quite a few people didn't like Rui's backstory

In my opinion that's the best part of the episode(right after our lord and saviour Nezuko running of course), I think it was beautiful, and the soundtracks during it were perfect

And when Rui finally reunited with his parents, with that innocent look on his face, that was so emotional, I actually started tearing up, especially with that soundtrack in the background, it was so beautiful, but really sad at the same time!

Honestly out of all anime I've seen this year(not just seasonal ones), this is the only one that could make me tear up so far

This anime really just reminds me with each episode why I love it so much
No other ones can make you actually feel sad for someone who's supposed to be a bad character
I've been watching it since episode 1, and there's not a single one I haven't watched at least twice(literally)!
-Aincrad-Aug 25, 2019 3:08 PM
Aug 25, 2019 2:12 PM
Oct 2018
HereticHunter said:
EDI12 said:

shut up lol xd complain to author

As far as I know, I have the right to state my opinion on forums, so don't go telling people to shut up just because they don't think so highly of something you like.

lol shut up xd ....
Aug 25, 2019 2:15 PM

Oct 2018
HereticHunter said:
There's no need to expand on the demons backstory that much, it wastes a lot of time

In my opinion that's what makes this anime so great, the sad backstory of demons is actually one of my favorite parts of this anime and I don't mind it being this long at all

Also: what I posted 2 replies above
Aug 25, 2019 2:19 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good episode, Nezuko is adorable and that ending was fucking hypeeeee
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 25, 2019 2:42 PM

Feb 2016
EDI12 said:
HereticHunter said:

As far as I know, I have the right to state my opinion on forums, so don't go telling people to shut up just because they don't think so highly of something you like.

lol shut up xd ....

if you don't have anything better to say, then stop replying, it only shows how you are unable to defend this show.
~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2019 2:43 PM

Feb 2016
-Aincrad- said:
HereticHunter said:
There's no need to expand on the demons backstory that much, it wastes a lot of time

In my opinion that's what makes this anime so great, the sad backstory of demons is actually one of my favorite parts of this anime and I don't mind it being this long at all

Again, I'm not against having backstories on villains, the problem is how much time they spend on it. Out of all the demons on this arc, I only cared about spider mom which was the shortest backstory of them all and was enough to make me feel bad for her, everyone else's felt way too long and were added way too late for me to care about them. (Specially Rui)

My complaint is that barely anything relevant happened on this episode, which is why I say this anime feels way too slow. There was time wasted between Giyuu and Shinobu that added nothing but forced comedy that in the end served no purpose. The only relevant thing on this episode was that Tanjiro and Nezuko were being seized and taken to the pillars, and that happened right at the end.
~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2019 2:52 PM

Aug 2014
T I N Y N E Z U K O
How can 1 character be so cute? The arc was great and I'm hoping the anime ends in a good way.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Aug 25, 2019 3:12 PM

May 2016
That beginning and ending was pretty impact full first part being sad, second being full of surprises
Aug 25, 2019 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
axel360 said:
They waited until the last possible moment to give us Rui's full backstory, and in a shocking turn of events, it was sad.

Mini Nezuko was adorable. I had no idea she had "shrinking" in her arsenal.

You completely missed that at the start of the anime. That is how Nezuko fits in the box. Her normal size would be too big for it, so Tanjiro asked her if she could shrink to fit in, and so she did.
Aug 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Jun 2016
-Aincrad- said:
I'm surprised that quite a few people didn't like Rui's backstory

In my opinion that's the best part of the episode(right after our lord and saviour Nezuko running of course), I think it was beautiful, and the soundtracks during it were perfect

And when Rui finally reunited with his parents, with that innocent look on his face, that was so emotional, I actually started tearing up, especially with that soundtrack in the background, it was so beautiful, but really sad at the same time!

Honestly out of all anime I've seen this year(not just seasonal ones), this is the only one that could make me tear up so far

This anime really just reminds me with each episode why I love it so much
No other ones can make you actually feel sad for someone who's supposed to be a bad character
I've been watching it since episode 1, and there's not a single one I haven't watched at least twice(literally)!

I agree you on rui it been quite a while since I tear up

Aug 25, 2019 3:50 PM

Jun 2016
HereticHunter said:
-Aincrad- said:

Again, I'm not against having backstories on villains, the problem is how much time they spend on it. Out of all the demons on this arc, I only cared about spider mom which was the shortest backstory of them all and was enough to make me feel bad for her, everyone else's felt way too long and were added way too late for me to care about them. (Specially Rui)

My complaint is that barely anything relevant happened on this episode, which is why I say this anime feels way too slow. There was time wasted between Giyuu and Shinobu that added nothing but forced comedy that in the end served no purpose. The only relevant thing on this episode was that Tanjiro and Nezuko were being seized and taken to the pillars, and that happened right at the end.

Well if you don t like the show then don t watch. Its not that hard it very simple thing to do so watch somethingelse

Aug 25, 2019 3:54 PM
Oct 2018
HereticHunter said:
EDI12 said:

lol shut up xd ....

if you don't have anything better to say, then stop replying, it only shows how you are unable to defend this show.

first of all it's just a joke don't know why you're so damn serious (period or something?) also I can defend the fact that why it covers the demons back story but I can't be bothered. Have a nice day!
Aug 25, 2019 4:00 PM
Mar 2015
Love the chibi Nazuko Rui's parents did not choose wisely in allowing him to be turned into a demon Glad his parents welcomed him at the end and her regained his humanity
The banter between Shinobu and Giyu was hilarious
Watching the boys being carted off was funny
Aug 25, 2019 4:53 PM

Feb 2016
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
HereticHunter said:

Well if you don t like the show then don t watch. Its not that hard it very simple thing to do so watch somethingelse

And how exactly do you think I come up with all these conclusions? I certainly wouldn't be that far into this anime if I didn't like it. I just don't think so highly of it as many of you do. It's not that hard to acknowledge that an anime has flaws and still like it.

~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2019 4:57 PM

Dec 2018
I already read the manga long time ago, but still, im REALLLLLYY EXCITED to see all Pillars appear 💘💘
FINALLLYY I CAN SEE Rengoku :")))
Aug 25, 2019 4:57 PM

Feb 2016
EDI12 said:
HereticHunter said:

first of all it's just a joke don't know why you're so damn serious (period or something?) also I can defend the fact that why it covers the demons back story but I can't be bothered. Have a nice day!

Ah man, sorry, you are so funny I can't even feel my sides.
~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2019 4:58 PM

Jun 2016
HereticHunter said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

And how exactly do you think I come up with all these conclusions? I certainly wouldn't be that far into this anime if I didn't like it. I just don't think so highly of it as many of you do. It's not that hard to acknowledge that an anime has flaws and still like it.

Rather than spend your time getting frustrate,watch somethingelse you watch that you completely enjoy without frustration or annoyance. Its really simple good for me very rare anime frustrate or piss me off.

Unless you hope this getter or want too see how this ends fair enough.

Aug 25, 2019 4:59 PM

Dec 2018
AddaeAkono said:
SmilingBeginner said:

Here is a fun question for the anime-only friends: can you guess who is the strongest among these Hashira based on impression alone? The true answer might surprise you A LOT XD

I'm going to go with the kid that is standing next to Shinobu. The guy with the fiery hairstyle looks like a complete badass.

The guy with fiery hairstyle is totally my fav from the manga lol
But well, the kid next to Shinobu is great and has soo many mistery inside OwO
Aug 25, 2019 5:04 PM

Feb 2016
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
HereticHunter said:

Rather than spend your time getting frustrate,watch somethingelse you watch that you completely enjoy without frustration or annoyance. Its really simple good for me very rare anime frustrate or piss me off.

Please, mind your own business.
~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2019 5:05 PM
Oct 2017
Finally we get to see the pillars, my boy rengoku is looking good animated.
Aug 25, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2016
HereticHunter said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Then don t bog down people with your negative and critcism. Its toxicate simply saying truth

If you insist what pointless thing to be doing.
PrideRoyalIvyAug 25, 2019 5:11 PM

Aug 25, 2019 5:12 PM
Oct 2018
HereticHunter said:
EDI12 said:

Ah man, sorry, you are so funny I can't even feel my sides.

is that sarcasm? lol I can't get this over 15 letters so I'm writing this
Aug 25, 2019 5:26 PM

Aug 2017
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
HereticHunter said:

Then don t bog down people with your negative and critcism. Its toxicate simply saying truth

Lol, I like this show but you and no one are not forced to read his criticism in the first place. Also, he is not insulting anyone. If some ppl are offended cuz that, it's not his fault.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 25, 2019 5:43 PM

Jun 2016
Nurguburu said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Lol, I like this show but you and no one are not forced to read his criticism in the first place. Also, he is not insulting anyone. If some ppl are offended cuz that, it's not his fault.

Nope I don t have too but some you people do pointless things and I question why it pique my curiousity. Why do people do pointless thing such as that?

I am neither offended . Just giving some advice and curiousity.

You guys do things like that. I can do things like this too. Fair is fair right

Aug 25, 2019 5:45 PM

Feb 2016
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
HereticHunter said:

Its an open discussion forum man, I can share my views of an anime on them whether they are negative or positive. If you don't share my point of view and don't have anything good to say, then you should follow your own advice and ignore negative criticism if you don't like it.
~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2019 5:48 PM

Jun 2016
HereticHunter said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Its an open discussion forum man, I can share my views of an anime on them whether they are negative or positive. If you don't share my point of view and don't have anything good to say, then you should follow your own advice and ignore negative criticism if you don't like it.

Already then suit yourself. Have a nice day

Aug 25, 2019 10:03 PM

Sep 2011
ExaltedChampion said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Wow, uh that episode was like half awful.

Not only is it a waste of time to give us Rui's backstory now that he is dead but it's also just a waste period. He wasn't a compelling villain before or after it and it feels bad to try and redeem him in the end after all the awful shit he did by just handwaving it away with "bad stuff happened when he was a kid"

Middle part was good though. Everything with Tomioka and Kocho is great.

The other Hashira though at the end. BIG FREAKIN OOF. 4 out of 5 of them have some god awful character designs.

I think you miss the point. It not about forgive and redeem him. it to show how he get to this point. The series never use the demon past as an excuse for their action. Tanjirou just doesn't share the view that demon are monster but instead to him it a miserable existence.

Uh no. His hair reverting to normal and his parents spirits accepting him into heaven with them was clearly trying to present him as being redeemed.
Aug 25, 2019 10:39 PM

Apr 2018
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
ExaltedChampion said:

I think you miss the point. It not about forgive and redeem him. it to show how he get to this point. The series never use the demon past as an excuse for their action. Tanjirou just doesn't share the view that demon are monster but instead to him it a miserable existence.

Uh no. His hair reverting to normal and his parents spirits accepting him into heaven with them was clearly trying to present him as being redeemed.
accepting him into heaven? Dude his father clearly said "we'll going together even if it's to hell". So no one mentioned heaven in this episode.
Aug 25, 2019 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
ExaltedChampion said:

No it doesn't. It showed that he remembered what he wanted all along and it was his family. Rui is even aware that he'll probably go to hell for his actions. His final moments was a mental image of his desire. The show isn't even forgiving of demons. Tanjiro is fully aware of his responsibilities as a demon slayer but it doesn't erase the fact that they were still humans preyed by Muzan during their lowest times.
Aug 25, 2019 11:43 PM

Aug 2019
Rui's character arc was never about redemption. He already admitted as much when he said he was going to hell, regardless, because he had killed so many people.

However, he had spent his entire demon life trying, and failing, to recreate the bonds that he had once shared with a family that he'd slaughtered, so expected to die alone. The fact that his family appeared and were willing to go to hell with him, despite everything he had done to them, demonstrates that familial bonds are closer and more concrete than some arbitrary pact made with all the randoms he had met whilst he was alive.
Aug 26, 2019 12:26 AM

Apr 2012
slavemaster_1991 said:
Me: Nezuko can't get more cute!
Nezuko: Watch this.
11/10

How bout turning into a baby Nezuko?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 26, 2019 1:32 AM

Jul 2014
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
ExaltedChampion said:

Never knew heaven looked this ominous before.
not to mention his parents literally saying "We'll be together even in hell" wasnt obvious enough that they're all going to hell.
Aug 26, 2019 2:36 AM

Jan 2010
Getei said:
Have you noticed? The last guy that was telling Tanjiro to wake up sounds like he is voiced by the same VA as saitama

Good ear. I heard that too. Apparently, he first said something in ep.19 as '陰', and then here as '隠', which seem to be one the 'kakushi'. Didn't notice in 19 though.
Aug 26, 2019 3:02 AM

Mar 2015
s m o l n e z u k o

ngl, wrapping the injured up like mummies and putting a tag on them makes them seem like they're dead lmao

So Muzan turned Rui into a demon 'cause he felt sorry for him? Interesting, I'm really curious now how he selects people to turn into demons/moons

New characters hype, looking as colorful as always.
Aug 26, 2019 5:03 AM

Dec 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
ExaltedChampion said:

His parent forgive him cause they his parents. Also that not heaven, that hell. Eastern Asian have a difference view on hell than Christianity. While Christianity hell is a eternal torture prison for sinner and non believer, Buddhism hell, which inspired by Hindu hell is a temperate place all dead people go to to pay for their sin in their life before being purify and reborn into next life.
Aug 26, 2019 5:03 AM

Feb 2014
I initially expected Rui's backstory ans send-off to be sad, but resolute, but for me at least, it made me shed a few tears for him. It was a combination of how sad his backstory was, the timing of the soundtrack and, even though he was still injured, Tanjiro's empathy as he rested his hand on Rui's fading body really got to me. ='(

The rest of the episode was a mixture of tense and funny moments. The constant banter between Giyu and Shinobu while they were fighting each other was hilarious. Even though Giyu rarely talks, he did the right thing to hold off Shinobu to give enough time for Tanjiro to run off with Nezuko.

However, Kanao was tailing him and she was able to stop him, but Nezuko, bless her, made the scene into a funny one with how she was able to dodge Kanao's attacks, from flipping, jumping and even shrinking herself like she ate a poison mushroom from Super Mario. It was entertaining. =3

Eventually, the official call was made from headquarters, relayed by the crows that Tanjiro and Nezuko would be taken into custody. I just hope nothing bad happens to them, but it was really cool to see the other Hashira demon slayers at the end of the episode.

Great episode and I also hope that Inosuke finds his mojo again. Hearing him saying that he's not strong at all makes me want to give him a hug. Maybe Tanjiro could give him one... =3
Aug 26, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
Rui´s flahback and final moments almost made me shed tears... I definitely feel bad for many of the oni.

But OH MY GOD, NEZUKO! WHEN WE THINK SHE CAN´T GET CUTER <3 I literally screamed "Awwwww" out loud.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Yesterday

11 by Owlblocks »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1093 by yagxr »»
Apr 14, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

42 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

307 by Term4738 »»
Apr 1, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.