Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 24, 2019 2:16 PM

Oct 2018
So I just thought I would share this video

Gigguk(I guess most know who he is(?)) made a video about KnY, something similar he made about SnK

What are your thoughts about it?

Aug 24, 2019 4:32 PM
Nov 2017
Everybody wanna talk about KnY now all because of a beautiful 6-7 min sequence in 1 episode ? This is getting outta hand now . I love KnY and think it’s a beautiful series but it ain’t some masterpiece like ppl are saying . It’s more of a 8.3 than a 8.69 like it’s MAL score . I’m happy for it’s rating as a fan of the series but I just don’t think it deserves a score that high .
Aug 24, 2019 4:55 PM
Oct 2013
If you compare the first part of the manga with the anime and see the efforts and the work that Ufotable has done you don't have anything to say but this show is a piece of Art.
Aug 24, 2019 5:35 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Imo, Kimetsu no Yaiba is a beauty to look at. But that is it, content is pretty lacklusturous and the characters are annoying af. Is fun most of the times.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 24, 2019 5:39 PM

May 2014
VanishingKira said:
It feels like Anituber and such are all hype bandwagoning since muh fire dance.

Like prior to it none of them even mention Kimetsu.

Yeah when that episode happened all these anitubers just saw dollar signs i bet.
Aug 24, 2019 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
Gigguk 'likes' almost everything.
Aug 24, 2019 6:46 PM

Nov 2014
MonkeyDJasper said:
Everybody wanna talk about KnY now all because of a beautiful 6-7 min sequence in 1 episode ? This is getting outta hand now . I love KnY and think it’s a beautiful series but it ain’t some masterpiece like ppl are saying . It’s more of a 8.3 than a 8.69 like it’s MAL score . I’m happy for it’s rating as a fan of the series but I just don’t think it deserves a score that high .

exactly my thought.
the story is ok. characters are decent. otherwise it's just an eyecandy (like one punch man)
Aug 24, 2019 7:35 PM

Oct 2010
Why does anyone care what this wanna-be scam artist has to say? And as pointed out already, weird how they didn't say much until "that" episode. Just following the bandwagon for money/attention
Aug 24, 2019 7:53 PM

Dec 2018
When someone says "KNY is only good in terms of the art", they either have a very broad definition of "art", or they don't really know what's behind an anime.

KNY's incredible production by Ufotable have mesmerising art no doubt (including incredible amalgamation of 2D art and CGI, use of colors, sakuga, clean drawings, etc). But it also had meticulous direction, beautiful and memorable soundtracks, on-point sound effects and voice acting.

Most importantly, all these elements were used effectively to trigger an emotional reaction to the story.

It's also very easy to sideline the author's efforts when people say it's only good in terms of its ART. The series actually has a solid story. Just because it's not mind-boggling, edgy, has an uncommon theme, or appear complex, doesn't mean the story is bad.

I actually appreciate a shounen where the main protagonist genuinely prizes kindness and family above other things. One YouTuber said Tanjirou is a truly believable "moral jesus" unlike most other shounen protagonists (who are often driven by ambition or revenge) and I agree.

I think people who can appreciate KNY understands that it requires great skill to elevate a simple theme to its pinnacle. Actually this is true for most Japanese art/skills, the Great Wave off Kanagawa (which looks like an inspiration for the Water breathing artstyle) has incredibly simple themes, Japanese food culture prioritises elevating the materials to their highest form with minimal seasoning, Japanese home designs prioritises simplicity and harmony... Appreciating simplicity and purity is just a very Japanese thing.
Aug 24, 2019 9:13 PM

Dec 2016
I like Gigguk but we know full damn well he only decided to notice the show because of episode 19.
To the people who watched the show before episode 19, knowing it was a decent show but still had flaws, are the true fans. It was just a show that wasn't even hyped nor underrated and will now become the next show added to list of popular shows = overrated shows lol
I'm glad demon slayer is getting recognized after people decided to sleep on it on spring but at the same time upset.
Aug 24, 2019 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
RioluChaser said:
I like Gigguk but we know full damn well he only decided to notice the show because of episode 19.
To the people who watched the show before episode 19, knowing it was a decent show but still had flaws, are the true fans. It was just a show that wasn't even hyped nor underrated and will now become the next show added to list of popular shows = overrated shows lol
I'm glad demon slayer is getting recognized after people decided to sleep on it on spring but at the same time upset.

KnY already had an 8+ score and many members here in MAL and not to mention it's the 2nd best selling manga of July before episode 19 even came out and one of the best selling BDs this year. Lets not pretend this show went under the radar.
Aug 24, 2019 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
Also idgaf what Gigguk has to say about this show. He's basically just jumping on the bandwagon at this point. If someone could tell me that this guy mentioned KnY at least once before episode 19 came out then I'll gladly accept his review.
Aug 24, 2019 9:35 PM
Jul 2017
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
Also idgaf what Gigguk has to say about this show. He's basically just jumping on the bandwagon at this point. If someone could tell me that this guy mentioned KnY at least once before episode 19 came out then I'll gladly accept his review.

He praised KnY's direction and animation quality in his Spring 2019 vid.
Aug 24, 2019 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
monkeyDberzerk said:
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

He praised KnY's direction and animation quality in his Spring 2019 vid.

My mistake then. Carry on lads.
Aug 24, 2019 9:37 PM

Apr 2018
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
he mentioned KnY in his spring 2019 video.
Aug 24, 2019 9:39 PM

Jul 2013
Jfs_ said:
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
he mentioned KnY in his spring 2019 video.

Tohsaka_Rukia said:
My mistake then. Carry on lads.

thirty character limit ffs
Aug 24, 2019 11:07 PM

Oct 2018
Kougeru said:
Why does anyone care what this wanna-be scam artist has to say? And as pointed out already, weird how they didn't say much until "that" episode. Just following the bandwagon for money/attention

I can tell you haven't even watched the video

He literally said he decided to made this video because of episode 19
-Aincrad-Aug 24, 2019 11:10 PM
Aug 24, 2019 11:11 PM

Dec 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Kougeru said:

I can tell you haven't even watched the video

He literally said he only made this video because of episode 19

A popular anime reviewer's anything about KNY is basically a hate-bot bait nowadays.
Aug 24, 2019 11:12 PM

Oct 2018
RioluChaser said:

Even before episode 19 it was an amazing anime for anime, nearly 10/10

It was only 9/10 because it was still missing one thing that could leave an impression on me, something I'll always remember
And then episode 19 came
Aug 25, 2019 12:11 AM

May 2015
Kougeru said:

How is he a scam artist?

Sep 2, 2019 12:16 AM

Apr 2014
I agree with most people saying here. Having watch his video, comparing him to another YouTube reviewer that actually appreciate the theme and character of the story instead, he only show how good the animation was and barely touch anything else (Characters, theme, etc). He did mention Nezuko being a great little sister character

I am happy his video reach 1M, that way people will watch the series more. However i cannot make myself not upset how shallow his review was compared to other YouTube videos from Nux Taku, Mother's Basement, Glass Reflection, and many more just adding the fact that he just jump in the bandwagon. Just my personal opinion by the way.
SeasonLeavesSep 2, 2019 12:21 AM
Sep 2, 2019 4:27 AM
Mar 2018
SeasonLeaves said:
I agree with most people saying here. Having watch his video, comparing him to another YouTube reviewer that actually appreciate the theme and character of the story instead, he only show how good the animation was and barely touch anything else (Characters, theme, etc). He did mention Nezuko being a great little sister character

I am happy his video reach 1M, that way people will watch the series more. However i cannot make myself not upset how shallow his review was compared to other YouTube videos from Nux Taku, Mother's Basement, Glass Reflection, and many more just adding the fact that he just jump in the bandwagon. Just my personal opinion by the way.

gigguk was always like this he tries to convince people that he can do some deeper videos with heavier themes but everything he says is surface level at best
also i personally don't like nux taku hes like donkey and cinema sins
Sep 2, 2019 4:50 AM

Oct 2010
Wow, a youtuber talking about a popular anime which the majority says it's great. I don't have to watch the video to find out his opinion. Why doesn't he talk about machikado mazoku or I don't know, something not that popular? And why do you have to choke me with his vids?
Sep 2, 2019 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't even watch the video. I like gigguk but one of the reasons I have never subscribed to him is that he rarely makes sense sometimes. Most YouTubers only are , as others have said, jumping on a bandwagon. Views matter to them so they will try and benefit.

The only work of art in this series for me is the animation which for the vast majority of the series, has been amazing. That however does not make up for generic and sometimes even bad writing, bad comedy, and other issues this series has.

If you are a fan, enjoy it. Doesn't mean everyone else has to gather with it and doesn't mean everyone who doesn't like it is gonna be wrong.
Sep 2, 2019 6:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I think if it is to go in the direction this thread is going with people bashing, OP shouldnt even had posted this shit from the start, wanna discuss do it in the chaotic youtube comments.
They suck but at least you are saving this website from more retarded discussions being written and people bickering about meaningless shit.
Sep 3, 2019 7:24 AM

May 2018
I have no idea who this Gigguk is and I don't care.
All these Anitubers make no sense and don't actually have their own opinion. They all just play on hype and manipulate with popular shows to attract more viewers. I'd better discuss anime with random comrades on forums than ever pay attention to some pretentious hypocrite.
P.S. just checked his channel and suffered a bit of spanish shame

Sep 3, 2019 11:54 AM
Nov 2015
ShanAsuna said:
When someone says "KNY is only good in terms of the art", they either have a very broad definition of "art", or they don't really know what's behind an anime.

KNY's incredible production by Ufotable have mesmerising art no doubt (including incredible amalgamation of 2D art and CGI, use of colors, sakuga, clean drawings, etc). But it also had meticulous direction, beautiful and memorable soundtracks, on-point sound effects and voice acting.

Most importantly, all these elements were used effectively to trigger an emotional reaction to the story.

It's also very easy to sideline the author's efforts when people say it's only good in terms of its ART. The series actually has a solid story. Just because it's not mind-boggling, edgy, has an uncommon theme, or appear complex, doesn't mean the story is bad.

I actually appreciate a shounen where the main protagonist genuinely prizes kindness and family above other things. One YouTuber said Tanjirou is a truly believable "moral jesus" unlike most other shounen protagonists (who are often driven by ambition or revenge) and I agree.

I think people who can appreciate KNY understands that it requires great skill to elevate a simple theme to its pinnacle. Actually this is true for most Japanese art/skills, the Great Wave off Kanagawa (which looks like an inspiration for the Water breathing artstyle) has incredibly simple themes, Japanese food culture prioritises elevating the materials to their highest form with minimal seasoning, Japanese home designs prioritises simplicity and harmony... Appreciating simplicity and purity is just a very Japanese thing.
beminim said:
I didn't even watch the video. I like gigguk but one of the reasons I have never subscribed to him is that he rarely makes sense sometimes. Most YouTubers only are , as others have said, jumping on a bandwagon. Views matter to them so they will try and benefit.

The only work of art in this series for me is the animation which for the vast majority of the series, has been amazing. That however does not make up for generic and sometimes even bad writing, bad comedy, and other issues this series has.

If you are a fan, enjoy it. Doesn't mean everyone else has to gather with it and doesn't mean everyone who doesn't like it is gonna be wrong.
you are never wrong about liking or not liking something, but that doesn't change the aspect of kimetsu no yaiba, while it may not be amazing, it's still a good shounen with elements that are it's own not soley generic, the premise alone and the dynamics of some of it's character aren't overused in shounen,plus the magic system is also well handled.
Sep 9, 2019 2:28 AM

Mar 2016
ShanAsuna said:

Thank you for the good read

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Yesterday

12 by LorduSuSpiritus »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1093 by yagxr »»
Apr 14, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

42 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

307 by Term4738 »»
Apr 1, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.