Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, this show goes into more details about the background story of a demon. Very fitting usage of the OST to bring out the most of those scenes. This season seems to also focus a lot on the recurring theme of family bonds.

Shinobu is still also so calm that it's scary to watch when she went after Nezuko. She's probably one of the most dangerous characters Tanjirou had to face in the series.
Aug 24, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
Ehmmm, moshi moshi? Nezuko running away from Kanao was like the cutest thing ever. It was just so overwhelming LMAO

So yeah, we get Rui’s background story, it was quite sad. And DAMN, Muzan was hot as fuck in the past.
Anyway, I’m happy we get to see Kanao, finally. Can’t wait for more of her. Her VA’s very fitting.

Let the trial begin!

Aug 24, 2019 8:01 AM

Jul 2014
That was a pretty sad backstory from Rui, boy was so confused he only just realized his prev family was all what he needed, so did his parents join him in hell? That is so fcked yet beautiful show of family bond. This arc really showed how important a family is.

2nd half was gold, so many stuffs and jabs were going on, Shinobu and Giyu's banters were way too good, laughed like crazy when he locked her in a side grab and her nitpicking the shit out of him while she was getting more and more pissed.

So we finally see the other girl from the 1st exam, why is her hair pin? Sort of similar to Shinobu? They related or something? Nezuko running and dodging her attacks while on chibi form was yet another fun shiz to watch. Shit just got real when the top demon slayers were staring Tanjiro down, wonder what happens to him and Nezuko now.
Aug 24, 2019 8:01 AM
Aug 2019
My god this was soo cute!
Aug 24, 2019 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
-Stray said:
That was a pretty sad backstory from Rui, boy was so confused he only just realized his prev family was all what he needed, so did his parents join him in hell? That is so fcked yet beautiful show of family bond. This arc really showed how important a family is.

2nd half was gold, so many stuffs and jabs were going on, Shinobu and Giyu's banters were way too good, laughed like crazy when he locked her in a side grab and her nitpicking the shit out of him while she was getting more and more pissed.

So we finally see the other girl from the 1st exam, why is her hair pin? Sort of similar to Shinobu? They related or something? Nezuko running and dodging her attacks while on chibi form was yet another fun shiz to watch. Shit just got real when the top demon slayers were staring Tanjiro down, wonder what happens to him and Nezuko now.

Judgment526Aug 24, 2019 9:49 AM
Aug 24, 2019 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
Judgment526 said:
-Stray said:

Hello? That’s already a spoiler
Aug 24, 2019 9:26 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome seeing my man giyu tomioka again badass as ever. Tanjirou is funny and cool as always

I shed tears seeing Rui backstory. Even Though I already pass it since I read manga.

Kanao tsuyuri cool voice actor. Another favourite character of mine appears. Lol its funny when she slam her feet on tanjirou head.

Here comes pillars some bad shit is going to be display next episode.

Anyone know who is kanao tsuyuri voice actor.
PrideRoyalIvyAug 24, 2019 9:31 AM

Aug 24, 2019 9:32 AM

Apr 2017
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Awesome seeing my man giyu tomioka again badass as ever. Tanjirou is funny and cool as always

I shed tears seeing Rui backstory. Even Though I already pass it since I read manga.

Kanao tsuyuri cool voice actor. Another favourite character of mine appears. Lol its funny when she slam her feet on tanjirou head.

It's Reina Ueda :)
KaiserFGOAug 24, 2019 9:47 AM
Aug 24, 2019 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. Rui's backstory was sad.

The girl from the first exam, Kanao, shows up. I was wondering when she was going to make an appearance. Nezuko running away from her in her small form was cute and funny.

Next week's episode should be interesting.

Aug 24, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2018
a more detailed backstory about rui, thanks ufotable.
Aug 24, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
They waited until the last possible moment to give us Rui's full backstory, and in a shocking turn of events, it was sad.

Mini Nezuko was adorable. I had no idea she had "shrinking" in her arsenal.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 24, 2019 9:38 AM

Mar 2016
Nezuko running away is something so sweet I'm getting diabetes after watching that scene, Kochou, you girl...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 24, 2019 9:41 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

More detailed backstory for Rui, I can't really say I felt too much for him given everything he's done but it sounds like he just missed his parents and couldn't forgive himself for what he had done.
That final scene with his parents saying they'll be together even if it means they'll goto hell was tragic but beautiful. :(

I loved the scene where Tanjiro talks back to Giyuu about how demons were once human too and that they deserved sympathy for their tragic situation.

Can I stress how cute the scene with little Nezuko running away from Kanao was.

I love how Shinobu calls out Giyuu on people not liking him. XD
Nezuko got best girl competition.

I'm glad that they decided to bring in Tanjiro and Nezuko rather than just eliminating the latter. I'm curious on what's next and how the demon corps are gonna deal with this anomaly of a situation with Nezuko.
Aug 24, 2019 9:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I love the demon backstories, they were also normal people to begin with and had grief like any person would experience at least once.

Got me emotional.
Aug 24, 2019 9:46 AM

Sep 2014
Meh, too late for me to actually care about Rui. The flashback was ok but I didn't feel much given how annoying and boring I found him. The final scene with his parents though was pretty good. Lol'd at Shinobu telling Giyuu that no one likes him. Mini Nezuko was pretty funny.
Aug 24, 2019 9:47 AM

May 2018
I LOL at the part where Tomioka didn't know people actually don't like him. I usually dislike flashback but Rui's story is emotional. So there are total 7 Hashira. Is Hashira the highest rank in Demon Slayer Corp or there's more ranked higher than them?
Papa_ScorchAug 24, 2019 9:52 AM
Aug 24, 2019 9:47 AM

Jun 2016
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Reina Ueda is voicing her :)

Thanks for the information

Aug 24, 2019 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
I have a mixed feeling of feeling sympathy towards killing innocent people, demon or not. So the flashback in the beginning of this episode is unnecessary for me.
Though it get better and end with such a high class cliffhanger.
Aug 24, 2019 9:57 AM

Sep 2018
Can someone make a 1hr video of Chibi Nezuko jumping and dodging Kanao's blade?
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 24, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Decent episode. I didn't care for Rui's backstory. It felt dragged and the only scene that made me feel bad for him was when he started reaching for Tanjiro and Nezuko. I now know why I don't find most of the men and women attractive in this show. Their foreheads are damn huge.

I dislike Shinobu less now. her character works best doing things rather than saying deep stuff. Pretty good trick to have blades in her shoes. Also, I cannot helf but wonder, what is the point of having an uniform where people can just change it? i am getting war flashbacks from bleach. That girl with the skirt? makes zero sense for her job to wear one, do not even get me started on the new set of characters. I saw a girl with her tits out and got Rangiku vibes. Their hair colors are bad too.

The comedy also failed to amuse. This show just can't do comedy well in serious situations.
Aug 24, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2009
Lol at Giyuu not even remembering Tanjirou at first. Yeah, that was one giant time skip at the beginning there - and then now we see daybreak over the mountain, and are reminded that the events of the last several episodes happened in one night. I will never not have an issue with pacing like this, it's just jarring.

Other than that though... Amazing once again. That very short intro itself goes right in the heart, and then Rui's story - holy smokes. And how far out it goes, way beyond the scope of the anime itself but very applicable in present day real life: the boundaries of parental acceptance. Yeah... Also very sharp contrast there and it's literally just the other side of the coin, the clash of Giyuu's and Tanjirou's viewpoints about demons. Just incredible.
Aug 24, 2019 10:04 AM
Sep 2018
It's official, Rui is my third favorite character in the serie. I did not cry, you did.
Aug 24, 2019 10:05 AM
Aug 2019
Best girl kanao is here <3 and also the pillars ahhhhhh

Aug 24, 2019 10:08 AM

Feb 2012
And now we've seen them.The hokages.
Erm I mean, the generation of miracles.
No wait, I mean the Admirals.
oops I mean the pillars.
Aug 24, 2019 10:10 AM

Mar 2018
Rui's story was so sad..
And Mini-Nezuko was soo cute!

So they start breaking the rules? Always wondered when some higher up would come into play- but now the whole Hashira Gang? Oh dang Tanjirou
I mean there *couldn't* happen anything negative right..?

It's probably 'interesting' for them to see a demon that doesnt eat humans and even fights against demons.

Don't give up Inosuke! I need my crazy boar to roar up

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 24, 2019 10:10 AM
Sep 2018
OmniKaiser said:
oops I mean the pillars.
Just get lost, kay? You misspelling the "Captains" is not tolerable at all.
Aug 24, 2019 10:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Another Great Episode!

Nezuko running away from Kanao was the cutest thing ever, good lord. Mate, she just shrunk and started playing flappy birds there xD. Definitely need to see this over again! Ufotable, thank you so much for the treat lol!

Anyway, on another note, that scene of Tomioka’s realisation with the clever comedic effect plus the other two’s reactions were just glorious! Some dope fighting scenes between the two as well and it was awesome to see how he managed to surprise her and hold her off.

Got to say, that was some timing from the messenger too lol. Nearly everything would’ve gone against the little rebellious group.

Rui’s backstory was pretty darn depressing just as you’d expect and it’s very nice of Tanjirou to pay some respects to him! Very considerate MC, once again. Looks like Muzan’s been busy scouting these Kizuki members.

I wonder how Tanjirou and Tomioka will survive this. Damn, those Hashiras though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 24, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2017
beminim said:
Decent episode. I didn't care for Rui's backstory. It felt dragged and the only scene that made me feel bad for him was when he started reaching for Tanjiro and Nezuko. I now know why I don't find most of the men and women attractive in this show. Their foreheads are damn huge.

I dislike Shinobu less now. her character works best doing things rather than saying deep stuff. Pretty good trick to have blades in her shoes. Also, I cannot helf but wonder, what is the point of having an uniform where people can just change it? i am getting war flashbacks from bleach. That girl with the skirt? makes zero sense for her job to wear one, do not even get me started on the new set of characters. I saw a girl with her tits out and got Rangiku vibes. Their hair colors are bad too.

The comedy also failed to amuse. This show just can't do comedy well in serious situations.

I don't know if I'm blind or just dodging some comments unconsciously, but u are the only one saying the designs are ugly, in fact, the anime designs got a huge upgrade.
I find them really pretty, both guys and girls and I don't think I'm the only one. I guess it just doesn't fit ur tastes :)

Also Rui's backstory was pretty much what this arc tried to achieve, family bonds. I don't think it dragged to much, Gotouge-sensei and Ufotable did a very good job :D
KaiserFGOAug 24, 2019 10:21 AM
Aug 24, 2019 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
Smol Nezuko back at it again! This episode was a kind reminder that demons were once human too. Glad to finally see the pillars here!
Aug 24, 2019 10:23 AM
Sep 2012
Have you noticed? The last guy that was telling Tanjiro to wake up sounds like he is voiced by the same VA as saitama
Aug 24, 2019 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
OmniKaiser said:
oops I mean the pillars.

LOL, out of nowhere, right? xD
Aug 24, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2017
Me: Nezuko can't get more cute!
Nezuko: Watch this.
11/10
Aug 24, 2019 10:34 AM

Dec 2013
Can't wait to laugh my arse off next episode. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2019 10:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The insight into Rui was pretty interesting. But the cost of that strong demon body was the fear and hatred of his family huh. No wonder he was so intent on creating a fake family. The tense standoff between Giyo and Shinobu though was interesting given their opposing views. Shinobu's switch between her teasing and calm self to her sadistic but equally calm self sure was chilling. Its nice that we get to see more members of the corps get introduced. Nezuko's chase scene was pretty amusing as was Giyo's little talk with Shinobu while restraining her. The message from HQ sure came timely for all parties. Overall a pretty calm ep that served well to expand upon Rui's past while also showing how much Giyo's attitude has changed since their first encounter. The expansion upon the corps through the intro of the cleanup unit as well as the reintroduction of the girl from final selection was also appreciated. While i still don't have sympathy for Rui at least in the end he realised his error. Looks like we finally get to meet the rest of the hashira's next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2019 10:35 AM

Sep 2018
Well the demon was delusional as hell, the 2nd part was gold tho...nezuko being cute and stuff.
Aug 24, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2019
I liked that they showed us Rui's backstory. The last 5-6 episodes were focused on him and his 'family'. Finishing him off without doing so would be a huge fail.

The episode is overall less tense which is alright after all the action. Shrunk Nezuko was just too adorable!
I am just so excited for the next episode. It is about time we get some more information.
Aug 24, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Kaiser_Senpai said:
beminim said:

I don't know if I'm blind or just dodging some comments unconsciously, but u are the only one saying the designs are ugly, in fact, the anime designs got a huge upgrade.
I find them really pretty, both guys and girls and I don't think I'm the only one. I guess it just doesn't fit ur tastes :)

Also Rui's backstory was pretty much what this arc tried to achieve, family bonds. I don't think it dragged to much, Gotouge-sensei and Ufotable did a very good job :D
Not everyone is going to agree or disagree that a character is ugly or attractive. Indeed, it is not to my taste. If the anime got an upgrade, i am now worried of how the colors were in the manga then.

I have no doubt that they achieved something, to me they just didn't make me care. We all have different opinions.
Aug 24, 2019 10:55 AM

Apr 2009
Good episode Some Nezuko goodness moments;). Shinobu trolling Giyuu about how he's not like lol And Course Rui's backstory is there but like in the manga is was still difficult for me to feel too sorry for him given all he had did even tho it was sad(tho I do feel sadder about some of the backstories in the future kinda making this statement a contradiction in a way). Cool that Ueda is voicing Kanao. Man they get the va casting so right. And then the Pillars show up at the end;).
Aug 24, 2019 10:56 AM

Jun 2014

Here is a fun question for the anime-only friends: can you guess who is the strongest among these Hashira based on impression alone? The true answer might surprise you A LOT XD
SmilingBeginnerAug 24, 2019 11:00 AM
Aug 24, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2014
SmilingBeginner said:

Here is a fun question for the anime-only friends: can you guess who is the strongest among these Hashira based on impression alone? The true answer might surprise you A LOT XD

Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong but I feel like its the obvious flame/fire user one because of that wild ass hair lol, if not then its the most not obvious one which is the short one with navy blue? hair color, looks meek, cant even tell if its a he or a she.
Aug 24, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
wooo best bro is finally here
Aug 24, 2019 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
I was fascinated by the two brief shots of the sandal floating in the river. It was also a beautiful moment when the sun finally came up, accompanied by that great music.

A nice episode all around, and once again I'm excited for next week!
Aug 24, 2019 11:22 AM
Jan 2017
Tanjiro definitely has potential to be one of my favorite characters. Just the way he treats demons after killing them, the way he understands them as more than just heartless creatures is amazing. When he put his hand on Rui's back I literally started crying. One of the kindest characters in all of anime.
Aug 24, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2018
Shit this episode should have been Tanjiro being on trail, not going to Rui's backstory, they could have done 3 episodes ago.
Aug 24, 2019 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
Rui's backstory was as sad in the manga,

And finally the Pillars arrive.

Aug 24, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2017
Uhh damn want the next epi asap.
Aug 24, 2019 11:44 AM

Dec 2018
Love it... Rui's backstory is a tear-jerker... chibi Nezuko is so adorable... and yes, the world is expanding with the introduction of the Hashiras!
Aug 24, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
The final scene with that OST and the appearence of the Pillars was hype as heck, not gonna lie.
Aug 24, 2019 11:46 AM

Apr 2018
cute and funny episode (but nothing important happened)
Aug 24, 2019 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
They really made me feel sad for Rui.

We finally see again the butterfly girl from the selection, and as expected from the butterfly ornament, she is related to Shinobu.

Chibi Nezuko running is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

That pillar with pink/green hair... Damn! I had already seen a fanart of her and now seeing her again... Hell yeah, I love her design! Something curious is that I didn't remember that boob window, but seeing the fanart again, it really has it but with a different outfit xD
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.