Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v9)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 84 85 [86] 87 88 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2019 7:35 PM

Jan 2017
Does anybody know the name of this?

https://imgur.com/a/9kXhCLD
Aug 19, 2019 7:38 PM

Jan 2018
IgorSales4 said:
Does anybody know the name of this?

https://imgur.com/a/9kXhCLD

It's from a manga called Spy x Family
TubbyAug 19, 2019 7:49 PM
Aug 19, 2019 9:52 PM
Aug 19, 2019 10:22 PM
Mar 2015

That's the character Near from Death Note
Aug 20, 2019 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
1. akamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu!

2. Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru
Aug 20, 2019 7:00 AM

Jun 2012
Milk_is_Special said:
1. akamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu!

Thank you
Aug 20, 2019 7:53 AM

Apr 2014
kamil88 said:
Milk_is_Special said:

Thank you
You're welcome :3
Aug 20, 2019 9:05 AM

Aug 2018
Saori_Shun said:
Kamidono said:

First guy is cosplaying https://myanimelist.net/character/24183/Toyohisa_Shimazu from Drifters I don't know the other two or the things in instagram posts

Can anyone else help me? I need to know the other two cosplay characters and the name of every anime in the Instagram posts!
Aug 20, 2019 9:14 AM
Jun 2017
I vaguely remember the name of the anime or the characters but the premises or plot is about a food that can be turned into some sort of monster or digimon and Pokemon alike to battle again in each other in arena,like there are sausage monster/fighter with cowboy appearance with 2 hand pistol and fried rice and pineapples looking turtle with the name Tropico and btw maybe this is old anime
NusonAug 20, 2019 9:18 AM
Aug 20, 2019 9:20 AM

Jan 2017
Yoake_nuson said:
I vaguely remember the name of the anime or the characters but the premises or plot is about a food that can be turned into some sort of monster or digimon and Pokemon alike to battle again in each other in arena,like there are sausage monster/fighter with cowboy appearance with 2 hand pistol and fried rice and pineapples looking turtle with the name Tropico and btw maybe this is old anime

Maybe Fighting Foodons ?
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 20, 2019 9:26 AM
Jun 2017
Om
Alexioos95 said:
Yoake_nuson said:

Maybe Fighting Foodons ?

Omg it is,this is my childhood lol by the way thanks👍
Aug 20, 2019 4:00 PM

Feb 2011
anyone know the anime/manga/game the black haired girl ist from?

https://i.imgur.com/aeZpQpb.png
Aug 20, 2019 5:03 PM

Sep 2015
There was an anime I saw my friend watching ages ago, all that I really know about it was that it was an exorcist anime and they used transparent cubes to capture spirits. I’m pretty sure it was a shounen.
Aoi_YuiAug 20, 2019 5:08 PM
Aug 20, 2019 5:08 PM

Mar 2012
Aoi_Yui said:
There was an anime I saw my friend watching ages ago, all that I really know about it was that it was an exorcist anime and they used transparent cubes to capture spirits
Kekkaishi?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 20, 2019 5:15 PM

Sep 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Aoi_Yui said:
There was an anime I saw my friend watching ages ago, all that I really know about it was that it was an exorcist anime and they used transparent cubes to capture spirits
Kekkaishi?

Looks about right thanks
Aug 20, 2019 5:23 PM

Mar 2012
Aoi_Yui said:
NeoAnkara said:
Kekkaishi?

Looks about right thanks
Your welcome.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 20, 2019 7:24 PM
Aug 2019
Ok, so I watched an anime movie about 3+ years ago and I can't remember a lot about it but I want to find it again.
Can this community please help me?

The main character is a teenage girl
The main setting is a big castle-like building on an oceanside cliff.
It's a very mysterious and supernatural movie.
Unexpected strange monsters start killing people in the building as the plot progresses.
The main group of characters progresses to the uppermost level of the building throughout the plot.
In the upper level, the main character finds the source of all the strange supernatural stuff is a psychic girl who is in some sort of containment being monitored (maybe experimented on too).
The two girls have some sort of connection (can't remember exactly, their friends or related or she is the same person?.... it was mysterious, this much I can remember.)

Stuff that's really hazy:
In the final scenes, the whole castle/building starts falling apart (and maybe floating into the sky), can't remember if it's a giant monster or just psychic stuff.
I don't think there is any other related movies or series (but not sure about manga).
There was a significant plot explanation for a large portion of the population going to the building at the start of the movie which escapes my memory. But I think they were assorted strangers. I think the main girl had a friend with her. Big maybe, maybe they were there because of some big existential threat to the population.
I think the main character may have had an accident at the beginning of the movie that the viewers didn't see that resulted in her becoming the psychic girl but my memory is super hazy. My hazy memory tells me the anime was ambiguous so IDK

Anyway. Lots of uncertainties there but I figure if someone is familiar with this film they'll know what I'm describing.

Would really really appreciate it if someone could name this film (ask your friends please).
Thanks for reading.

Quick addition, I am very uncertain about the date of release but from my memory of the art style, I wouldn't say it's any older than spirited away, the art style was more modern.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenAug 20, 2019 8:41 PM
Aug 20, 2019 7:59 PM
Jan 2019
Character and Anime?
If this is not from a anime can you just tell me what it is from.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Gx1j11y
Aug 20, 2019 8:00 PM

May 2009
^^
Some things that might be useful information:

1. Where/how did you watch this? Was it in a theater? Was it at some friend's house or dorm room, and if so do you remember whether they just had a torrent or actually bought a DVD (and if so, what country are you/they in)? Did you watch it in Japanese, or with a different audio dub (and if so, what language)?

2. What sorts of colors or other visuals do you remember as being characteristic of this show? What color was the castle? Were there features like ominous lightning, mysterious overcast cloudiness and/or fog, etc.? What colors did the main character girl wear, and what colors were her hair and eyes? What about the psychic girl? What kinds of monsters appeared, and what kinds of people did they kill -- were they adventurers, or civilians, or prisoners?

Mod edit: Added symbols to make it more clear who you were replying to.
DeadlyRavenAug 20, 2019 8:44 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 20, 2019 8:05 PM

Oct 2018
Cudjo said:
Character and Anime?
If this is not from a anime can you just tell me what it is from.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Gx1j11y

Rize - Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season

Be Forever
Yorozuya
Aug 20, 2019 8:43 PM

May 2009
Posts #4318 and #4320 merged from another thread.
Aug 21, 2019 12:08 AM
Aug 2019
GlennMagusHarvey said:
^^

1. Where/how did you watch this? Was it in a theater? Was it at some friend's house or dorm room, and if so do you remember whether they just had a torrent or actually bought a DVD (and if so, what country are you/they in)? Did you watch it in Japanese, or with a different audio dub (and if so, what language)?

2. What sorts of colors or other visuals do you remember as being characteristic of this show? What color was the castle? Were there features like ominous lightning, mysterious overcast cloudiness and/or fog, etc.? What colors did the main character girl wear, and what colors were her hair and eyes? What about the psychic girl? What kinds of monsters appeared, and what kinds of people did they kill -- were they adventurers, or civilians, or prisoners?

I saw it online somewhere for free with English subs
Good point regarding the color pallet, I was thinking of it when searching but it slipped my mind when posting.
It was a dark and washed out anime, I don't remember it being bright or colorful, part of the scary horror feel
Aug 21, 2019 12:22 AM
Aug 2019
Sol_on_MAL said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
^^

I saw it online somewhere for free with English subs
Good point regarding the color pallet, I was thinking of it when searching but it slipped my mind when posting.
It was a dark and washed out anime, I don't remember it being bright or colorful, part of the scary horror feel

Fuwa #0384 form the MAL discord was able to identify this for me.
It was King of Thorn
Thanks =D
Aug 21, 2019 1:12 AM
Apr 2017
Could anyone tell me from which anime these 3 images are taken?

"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 21, 2019 1:31 AM

Nov 2013
Kurgo said:

1. Oreimo
2. Citrus
3. Hayate No Gotoku
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 21, 2019 9:20 AM
Dec 2018
Aug 21, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2017

Cross Ange : Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 21, 2019 9:26 AM

Mar 2012
Cross Ange
Aug 21, 2019 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
Digga said:

mayuzumi fuyuko, full pic here
Aug 22, 2019 2:05 AM
Jul 2018

2. Original character used by 나나양 - Korean streamer.
Aug 22, 2019 8:03 AM
Apr 2017
DannyTheDonkey said:
Kurgo said:

1. Oreimo
2. Citrus
3. Hayate No Gotoku
Much appreciated, thank you!
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 22, 2019 9:43 AM

Aug 2018
What characters are these girls cosplaying?

And can you tell me the name of every anime in these Instagram posts?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzRhm1aAPJc/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzW9fBqAUde
Aug 22, 2019 10:02 AM

Feb 2011
notyouranswer said:
Digga said:

mayuzumi fuyuko, full pic here

Thank you, sir!
Aug 22, 2019 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
Who's this? (sorry for the questionable photo)

Aug 22, 2019 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Pikmin404 said:

Original pic, source here.
Aug 22, 2019 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
Jirash said:
Pikmin404 said:

Original pic, source here.

Thank you.
Aug 22, 2019 2:14 PM
Aug 22, 2019 11:36 PM

Jan 2014
Saori_Shun said:
What characters are these girls cosplaying?

And can you tell me the name of every anime in these Instagram posts?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzRhm1aAPJc/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzW9fBqAUde/

Honestly, i have never seen anyone looking like those two in any pokemon media. At all. I'm just gonna take a stab and says the top one looks like humanized version of "Lampent", and the bottom one looks like the humanized version of "Shiny Milotic"
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Aug 23, 2019 12:55 AM
Jul 2018

Left most girl?
Aug 23, 2019 12:58 AM
kinda tired

Apr 2017
Gythia said:

Left most girl?

Kiyoko Shimizu from Haikyuu!!.
Aug 23, 2019 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
Aug 23, 2019 2:33 AM
Aug 2019
Hi i'm looking for an anime i've watched years ago, i remember that i watched all 22 episodes (i think they were 22, or 13 honestly i cant remember) and for what i remember there was a man and a lot of girls, but everytime the girl tried to kill him and when he died he got reincarnated and the story was with another girl. I think at the end there was a house on fire and he tried to save one girl i dont remember well. The girls had specific dress color i think

Im not sure about the following memories : i think there was something with cards, and a girl being bullied by 2 others maybe his classmates in front of her house, i think she got killed

It's been literally months that i tried to remember this anime i asked all of my friends that watch a lot of animes but they cant seem to understand when i try to tell them, so now you're my only hope x.x

Thx in advance
Aug 23, 2019 2:57 AM

Jan 2017
Name of the manga?

https://imgur.com/a/LtKzCnb
Aug 23, 2019 3:06 AM
Aug 23, 2019 5:21 AM
Aug 23, 2019 1:24 PM
Dec 2018
Hi folks want some help on this:
Since the coub (if you dk what a coub is - google it) doesn't have a proper name, like, the author just left it blank, I gotta explain what I'm looking for with words, bear with me please.
So in the scene playing in the coub we got a girl sleeping and then we got her neighbour and friend, probably. This guy is trying to get her attention by shooting bullets at her window? (idk there's bullet casing falling on the floor while he's shooting) Anyways the window gets a little broken and thus the girl opens the window and gets shot in the torso. This is probably all comedic so there isn't any blood or the sort. Gotta mention the neighbour is using an air pumped sniper rifle. I'm not a gun nut so I don't know the correct terminology. Sorry AND thanks in advance.
EDIT: just realised that isn't a sniper rifle, I feel so goddamn stupid right now...
crechiAug 23, 2019 1:31 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 84 85 [86] 87 88 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

34 by weebtoge »»
51 seconds ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

92 by Skuletor »»
30 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

59 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
1 hour ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 9 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.