Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 21, 2018 11:35 AM

May 2016
Not that good tbh I had high expectations for this and I was disappointed, it had some cute and funny scenes other than that nothing special. 6/10
Dec 17, 2018 6:17 PM

Apr 2015
The ending was nice, but I really want to know what happened afterward!

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 27, 2018 9:00 PM

Jan 2013
i had avoided the movie for the longest time because i felt it might be very feelsy as opposed to the show's tone...now that i watched it a million years later, i was wrong.
i love that they kept they adorable and funny charm from the tv show to build the story towards the climax. speaking of climax, that end left me with a "thats it?" and made me wonder what happened after that even though i overall enjoyed the movie

Kanna is still awesome
Dec 30, 2018 8:56 PM

Jul 2016
It was a nice movie, I must say. The only thing that bothers me is that we had to go through 12 eps. and nearly half a movie to actually see some development regarding Tamako's character.

But that aside, I really enjoyed watching it. It was also nice to have more characterization for Tamako's mother. She truly seemed to be a kind woman. Not to mention that now I understand a bit better about Tamako's "obsession" with mochi. In the end, it's all related to her deceased mother...

Uhm, what else?... ah well, the cinematography was great, by the way. I really liked the effects and camera angles they used. The whole camera direction just made the movie feel more serious and mature.

Overall, it was a good movie with a great development for characters such as Midori, Mochizou and of course, Tamako. It was also pretty sweet and cute for moments. And although the ending scene with Tamako confessing felt a bit rushed, it didn't make it look any less adorable either. 7/10
Jan 21, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2015
That was a creative reverse confession by Tama, to use those call thingies. Pity they didn't show us how and what they did after, like hugging or even kissing. But most of all if Mochizo even went to Tokyo at all, a time skip would've made the story more incredible.

The problem is that the writer lacked romance writing skills. I don't think the writer intended the Tamako market story to involve romance originally, I think he was coerced by the demand of Tama and Mochizou to be together. Their concept of being together felt forced and didn't feel real, I do get Mochizou liked her but from her side she didn't and I still think she doesn't. It felt like she said those words to prevent her friend from leaving to Tokyo. If the writer was into the romance and intended for it to happen, he would've put more effort into their love and showcased the aftermath. Affection wasn't even there, so it was an ass-pull of a romance.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 23, 2019 6:20 AM

Sep 2018
This film succeeds where the TV series has failed at certain points, slow but serious and very sweet narration, it gives back value to what was told in the TV series. The only flaw and that does not show what happens after the facts told. Another quality of this film is that it can be seen without necessarily watching the TV series first.

8.5/10
Mar 16, 2019 5:20 PM
Apr 2016
The confession was soooo adorable, seems like she realized her feelings right after that, haha. The prequel had no progression with their love story, so the sequel, the movie did the job. Honestly I was smiling like a weirdo the entire way through, really lighthearted and adorable movie. Having high expectations for the movie was the correct thing.

@Kirena You weren't lying, haha.
Mar 18, 2019 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
nerojeko said:
The confession was soooo adorable, seems like she realized her feelings right after that, haha. The prequel had no progression with their love story, so the sequel, the movie did the job. Honestly I was smiling like a weirdo the entire way through, really lighthearted and adorable movie. Having high expectations for the movie was the correct thing.

@Kirena You weren't lying, haha.

ikr x)
the whole series and the movie was extremely cute. I don't remember how much the characters developed, but ahhh they are so adorable!
I was honestly expecting more romance, but I'm not at all disappointed, the last two minutes of that movie were more than enough for me
even i smile like a weirdo whenever i re-watch parts of it xD

Hehe
I'm glad you enjoyed watching it
Jun 3, 2019 9:06 PM
Feb 2018
Guys you don't realize that chio was the real bride of prince?
Just take off her necklace and the truth has been spoken
Jun 13, 2019 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
YOU MADE HIM MISS HIS TRAIN WRYYYYYYYY

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 14, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
It's been years when I finished the anime, and I mostly forgot what happened on it lol. However, I still enjoyed this movie! It ended on the best part, but I think that's one of the things that made it great.

At first, I gave it a 8/10, but after rewatching the ending scene, I changed my mind and gave it a 9/10 lol :D
mshitsugaya10Jul 14, 2019 10:55 AM

Jul 22, 2019 3:57 AM

Mar 2018
I really like this movie ^^
Looking back the show is way better without Dera and the whole bride thingy xd But I guess that was the original plot of the series.. I would've been fine without a plot at all tho and then this movie as romance conclusion
I still didn't like the underhanded characteristic of Midori tbh

Still the movie was really good, showing another side of Tamako and turning it into a love story - just as the title says.

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 22, 2019 8:27 PM

Apr 2012
So, if I understood the pseudo-open end correctly, TamaMochi become a canon? Well, now they know that their feelings are mutual and the film has sufficiently shown us all their importance for each other, but I am confused by this sharp end of the story.

Cyanners said:
I agree with some people here, Midori was a wasted character. It's kinda sad, she didn't have a very big role. But I did enjoy this movie! it's nice and cute <3

Well, I don’t even know. She is definitely noticeable as a character and her jealousy / crush also get a good focus, but I have the feeling that the guys just didn't know what to do with her in the movie. As a result, she looks more like a gay rival in romcom with a male MC than a best friend of the female protagonist in such a show.

Arieko said:
tbh I kinda thought Midori liked mochizou, idk why

Yep, many people ship them, although to be honest, I don’t understand why. The alleged lesbian and the guy who stole her possible love interest. Is there any chemistry between them?
RobertBobertAug 22, 2019 8:30 PM
Aug 31, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2018
RobertBobert said:

Yep, many people ship them, although to be honest, I don’t understand why. The alleged lesbian and the guy who stole her possible love interest. Is there any chemistry between them?

Well, I never watched the anime so I didn't know Midori liked Tamako THAT much
She just looked like a normal friend in the movie, i guess..?
Plus, in the beginning , she glanced a lot over to Mochizou
So prob that's why I thought she liked him
Aug 31, 2019 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
Arieko said:
RobertBobert said:

Well, I never watched the anime so I didn't know Midori liked Tamako THAT much
She just looked like a normal friend in the movie, i guess..?
Plus, in the beginning , she glanced a lot over to Mochizou
So prob that's why I thought she liked him

Well, according to Yamada-sensei, this is “not yuri,” she just has difficulty understanding her own feelings and intentions. So, as I understand it, Midori don't be canonically lesbian or straight, rather it should be understood as Midori's attempts to explore her own sexuality during big changes in her life. Nevertheless, in my opinion, her behavior in the film is almost bordering on coming out.
Sep 27, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2016
Very cute movie! Tamako took a while to confess her feelings to Mochizou. It made me happy to know both of them share the same feelings <3 Too adorable! 8/10

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 6, 2020 11:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sweet movie, I was looking forward for some adorable romance and this movie gratefully absolutely nailed that department!

Certainly didn’t expect this to be a near-complete stand-alone movie though, I must say. Unlike many, I actually found Dera’s antics to be hilarious more often than not but I’ve no problems with this whatsoever given the tone of the movie. A sneak peek on things down South plus the little 5-minute video was more than enough, after all.

Easily my favourite moment of the entire movie goes out to those final few moments! Mochizo’s reaction to the reply was just priceless! Good work Midori on the decisive push too! Ah, spring indeed. I wonder if Mochizu will still go for Tokyo even then though, he did make up his mind and all y’know but I’d like to think not honestly. Mochizo’s confession scene, the direction of that whole scene to give off a bit more of a weigh was really quite impressive too, props to Yamada Naoka for that!

God, they really were cute in the past too. Love-struck Tamako and the usual Mochizu with an extra thought or two throughout the movie was a delight to watch!

Nice that we got a fair amount of Kanna-chan and Shiori-san, they’re just great to have as company! Solid plans for the two as well, certainly gives you the feeling that they really are in their final year of high school when change is simply imminent whether one likes it or not. Totally loved that vibe from here!

And a very appreciable bit more on Tamako’s mother too! And that song from her side as reply, I really want to see a project focusing on the parents ffs!

Tamako and her father’s reaction to the grandpa collapsing was really heartbreaking though, you could tell they were all afraid to lose another family member. But thankfully, it all got resolved. By far, the most intense scene as such.

On a lighter note, the ED was soothing to listen to and KyoAni’s superb animation and artstyle simply a treat to watch! As if it wasn’t already great in the tv series, seriously hats off to them!

Going to give this a considerate 9/10! I was thinking of settling with an 8 actually but a 9 it is.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 20, 2020 12:54 AM
Feb 2014
I'm glad it worked out for them. The movie was so cute. The final moment was really well done.
Dokia
Mar 24, 2020 3:01 AM

Aug 2017
It was all right. I would have liked harem with hot Midori.

I liked the punk rock.
Mar 25, 2020 6:53 PM

Dec 2009
7.5/10.

I found this movie by searching the highest rated romance movies, and before I watched it, I realized there was a parent story which I watched before.

... It was interesting to see the dense sweet inexperienced Tamako be extremely flustered over Mochizo's love confession to her.
The faint memories of her realizing he's loved her since childhood from her mother saying he's probably bullying her because he loves her and that he was the one who started her love of mochi by talking through one to cheer her up after her mother's death.
Along with her realization of loving him too was nice but lackluster and arguably not revealing enough.

Her friends revealing it to her with no context was another pillar to her love but... it's still difficult for me to believe in its legitimacy with no hint of her having romantic feelings for Mochizo from the tv series or the movie until he confesses.

As for Midori, I'm glad she didn't become a hateable lesbian obstacle to Mochizo x Tamako and actually stayed as a true friend to Tamako and helped Mochizo in her own way instead.

Mochizo himself, which I can relate to till this day, is a decent male character but satisfying in his own merit of being low key and finally having the courage to confess even though he's shy.

Overall, it's still a sweet innocent love but other than the lacking hint of her love before the confession, no epilogue whatsoever after her own reply back of loving him as well was very disappointing.
waalex11Mar 25, 2020 7:02 PM
Mar 26, 2020 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
Just watched the entire 12 episode series which was rather uneventful only for this movie so I went into this with really high expectations and regardless to say, it managed to surpass it. Yamada never dissappoints.

I liked midori a lot but knowing it's kyoani, I knew her love for tamako wasn't really going anywhere.
Apr 7, 2020 11:43 PM
Oct 2019
wow...Koyoto tag is okay to give a anime 7 rate. overall great story. i would've rated 9 if they'd give us a sweet after story. But it deserved 8 at least
May 31, 2020 8:12 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020

A 10/10 for sure, no doubt, and no other hesitations. So be it. And i will watching more lovable story like these one, forever! Over!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 9, 2020 8:43 AM

Oct 2018
GohanwaOkazu said:
I bet some people have missed the best parts of the film, or the whole plot.

When Tamako lost her mother suddenly, it was Mochizo as well as Midori who were beside her. While Mochizo grew to care for Tamako as a boy, Midori developed difficult indescribable emotions towards Tamako (which I would not want anyone to call as lesbianism), as well as sort of rivalry and comradeship with Mochizo over who cares the most for Tamako, their best friend.

Tamako had been helping her family's business after her mother died, and always related the warm, white, and nicely scenting mochi with memories of her deceased mother (for whom she still buys a flower for prayers every day). In her subconsciousness, the problems of maturing and motherhood was growing on her.

Mochizo was initially almost giving up on confession. But knowing Tamako's past sufferings and after hearing Tamako's memories of and helpless admiration towards her deceased mother, he couldn't help but confess his love out of true compassion.
While Tamako is initially very confused, she slowly becomes conscious about maturing and love even by seeing her neighbors. Tamako eventually recognizes how important Mochizo had been after her mother's death.

Midori is seemingly the most mature of girls but is actually the one who needs to grow up the most. She is frustrated by her complicated feelings towards Tamako and probably also about her undetermined future (the others have more or less clear visions about what to do after graduation). She breaks the old strangled bond and sets free Tamako (and Mochizo) by encouraging their love partnership as boyfriend and girlfriend, with her little assisting trick.

Who informed Midori about Mochizo's short trip (and not his definite farewell) to Tokyo is not shown in the film; it's left as a mystery. I suspect it was Tamako's little sister Anko who really liked Mochizo and Tamako, who knew about their difficult feelings, and who heard and knew what Tamako was planning. I assume it was Anko worrying about the two and seeing Mochizo go off to Tokyo that morning, she informed Midori.

Midori after seeing Tamako off running towards her love is broken-hearted as well as feeling satisfied with what she had done. She is not alone, as Kanna her best friend had always known Midori's emotions (see the TV series) and comes to her rescue, telling that Midori looks beautiful after having done what had to be done (that is maturing by letting Tamako go free; poetically shown by the pictures of dandelion flying off). Kanna in turn asks Midori to lend a hand in her growing up; that is her overcoming of fear of heights in order to become a carpenter.

Thus, this isn't a simple story of a boy meets girl, but it's about acknowledging love of the family, friends, and good peoples of the neighborhood. It's about overcoming of burdens and maturing. Kiss or no kiss, is unimportant, as we know that Tamako's and Mochizo's story will go on, and the future is implied in the film (the ED of the series and film) which we now know that Mochizo took featuring more confident and intimate looking Tamako. The two shadows side by side colliding in the ED tells their relationship well enough.

The phrase used for promotion of the film was "Tamako peeled off" and "About maturing", btw.

How to mature and find true love is a difficult issue, but there are hints given in this film. If we are careful, we should recognize the reference to the gravity pull, the Sun and the Moon, the apple, and Isaac Newton, who when asked about how he found the law of universal graviations replied that "By always thinking unto them".

This is a well thought-out and very clever film with a good script and superb direction. If you didn't get it, watch again.

Amazing insights, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this fantastic anime film.
Jul 2, 2020 10:40 PM

Aug 2019
God that was a really nice movie, in my opinion this made up for all the missing romance in the main anime. Kyoto animations really did a good with the plot and delivery for this one, tbh i think this is a pretty good stand alone movie if anyone hasn't watched the anime. It explains Tamako and Mochizou's personalities well, along with their history together and basically why they have pretty good chemistry together. Honestly going into this movie, i couldn't help shake off the feeling that this is the same anime that featured a talking bird, a fortune teller, a prince and priceless comedy, lmao i'd wonder how someone who hasn't watched the main anime, yet this movie would act if you told them that.
The plot of this movie is great. Although change can be seen as both a good thing and bad thing, seeing Tamako change so much from her emotions was so heartwarming. The innocently... dense daughter of a mochi store owner that we saw in the main anime, suddenly got hit with the "love" truck and was turned into a very cute, very flustered and equally confused girl who had never experienced this before, was really wholesome and also so well approached. It did feel like she was taken one step more into maturity, both with experiencing love for the first time and after learning Mochizou had his future planned out, and realised she hasn't done anything of the sorts.
Mochizou himself, i really enjoyed his character. We got soooo much more history on their background together, Mochizou use to kinda tease and bully Tamako when they were young, but after her mothers death he became nicer to her as more of a person to talk to. This did take my by surprise, but also made me love their ship 100% more. Really liked the dude overall, his chemistry works really well with Tamako, even if she ran away at full speed after he confused to her, but hay he took it like a champ, i would of balled my eyes out for a few years if a girl did that to me :)
Yes i will indeed say that the Mochizou and Tamako romance did take my heart by force, but let me tell you what literally punched me in the face, broke both my knee caps and then took my heart. A single being in this anime. Kanna the carpenter. Good LORD, i liked her monotone voice and character in the main anime, but this movie felt like they took her and made her CUTER SOMEHOW?? Some of Kanna's lines and just her overall appearance in this anime is truly a blessing to be bestowed to us.
I'm telling you right now, if kanna "accidentally fell at a 45 degree angle in-front of me" then told me to 'build her a house', hohoho you damn right i am without a second thought.
God, i'd also LOVE to see what happens after the movie. Mochizou eventually goes to Tokyo, but does Tamako go with him? Do they live together there as a couple and attend neighbouring university's? God all the questions and such little answers. Hurts the heart :c
All in all amazing 8/10 movie for the much enjoyable anime that it deserves! Thank you once again Kyoto animations for delivering to us another heartwarming anime!
Sep 16, 2020 5:51 AM

Jun 2020
This was a very good I really enjoyed it but the cliffhanger they didn't really show on what happen in the end but it was very good I was overwhelmed with the cuteness this anime was very entertaining the animation was okay the Kyoto animation did a great job making this I appreciate it>_<
Sep 20, 2020 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
When I started watching the anime before the movie, I had mixed emotions. I went back and forth rather I liked the anime or if the anime was alright. After watching the last couple of episodes I started to enjoy it a lot more. The movie was the same boat for me to be honest. I was happy that Mochi was able to gain the inner strength needed to finally confess his love for Tamako. There were a few parts that I thought he was going to overthink the possible outcome and not be able to tell her. It was nice to hear more about how the death of Tamako's mother changed him. I kind of like the character development that Midori showed throughout the movie. It was a little bit obvious that she was fighting with her "inner demons" when she started to notice the change Tamako was going through after her talk with Mochi.

I did like how the ending played out. When Tamako was running to the train station thinking she won't see him again, and ultimately confessing her love for him. Like some others, I was kind of hoping for a kiss or hug before the credits but at least it ended on a good note. I was also kind of hoping to see an epilogue at the end of the credits.
May 26, 2021 3:08 AM

Jul 2019
The movie is a very solid romance story. I always like stories where one of the lover is completely clueless about love, it just feels more pure for some reason.

I'm indifferent about a continuation tbh it ended in a satisfactory way. This is one of the rare occasion where the movie is better than the main series. A solid 8/10 close to a 9 probably. The main series wasn't bad but its just less entertaining as a slice of life.
Feb 4, 2022 4:48 AM

Dec 2020
Good movie. Though I did miss Dera and the rest of the island gang, but they went home in the show and that got wrapped upped.

I wanna say I may have liked the anime more than the movie or they basically just on par with each other. Might have to be due to the fact that I don't really like Mochizou and it was super predictable they were going to be together.
Feb 5, 2022 8:11 PM
Jun 2014
That was beautiful. Underrated how nice it is to have a complete film in 80-odd minutes instead of the usual 2.5 hours.
Aug 27, 2022 6:32 AM
Apr 2022
Wasted opportunity lol.
Aug 29, 2022 9:52 AM

Aug 2020
Brilliant movie. There is so much care and devotion in this movie. Tamako and Mochizou grow beyond the subject of love, but as people.

I just wish Mecha, Choi and Dera had a more significant role in it. But it was great in general. My second time watching it, and its even better.

Sep 30, 2022 12:31 AM
Jul 2022
Karakternya sangat bagus, juga ceritanya sangat menarik.
Oct 13, 2022 9:39 PM

Aug 2020
oooo3333 said:
kirino01-chan said:
I do think Midori was a wasted character...

Had Midori ended up with Mochi in this movie, then that would have been a great plot twist.

I was kinda hoping Midori would have ended with Mochi, because it would have seem to obvious and predictable if Mochi ended with Tamako.

But yeah, Midori was nothing more than a "rival" for Mochi.

True, it would have made for some interesting twists, but I guess the idea behind this was to make a feel good movie, and have more focus on the slice of life goodness and cute aspect.

And afaik often the childhood friend is the one who doesn't end up with the other main character, at least in the stories I can remember so far.

Now it's a nice 'watch this before going to bed and fall asleep with a warm fuzzy feeling" style of movie, not groundbreaking, but something a lot of people would like to watch from time to time, in between the content with harder and deeper plots.
Dec 24, 2022 9:30 PM
Sep 2016
I finish this in 2022 and... auch! This film is so much better than the whole previous anime because obviously the main theme is the romance. I really like this film but... Yisus the final!. The final is so hearthbreaking because i need more, what will happen after? This question never go to have an answer and that fact hurts me so much. Oh men, my poor hearth.
Dec 28, 2022 6:47 AM
Nov 2022
its good my faw movie 3.
Mar 11, 2023 4:23 AM
Dec 2022
those last words "Love you Mochizou" really got me crying
Apr 18, 2023 4:04 PM
Mar 2023
Esta entretenida la recomiendo para cuando tienes tiempo
May 2, 2023 6:02 AM

Feb 2019
That was a simple, cute, wholesome movie. Peak KyoAni. I forgot how cute Tamako looks with her glasses on.

Could've had more after that final scene, but it was a great watch. I'm saying it too much but it was cute. Glad they confessed their feelings to each other ^^

If only we had more!

8/10.
May 15, 2023 8:20 AM
May 2023
wholesome, 8.5/10 highly recommend
Jul 8, 2023 5:42 AM

Nov 2018
KyoAni and making me cry ... Of course :)
I hate everyone equally
Jul 8, 2023 5:52 AM

Nov 2018
Yep, lots of characters are pretty useless to the plot like Shiori(pocket nice introvert) or entire prince plot and all related characters, market people are pretty one-dimensional too, but that's KyoAni for you. Just shut off your brain and let the feels out. 
Did you really expect an anime with Yamada Naoko as director to be logical and not entirely reliant on tearjerking?
ZevvenJul 8, 2023 5:56 AM
I hate everyone equally
Jul 8, 2023 6:21 AM

Nov 2018
The saddest part is there's nothing afterwards. It feels like the kind of ''we love each other, have shared dear memories, but will never actually be together'' kinda thing similar to 5cm per second stuff. 
I hate everyone equally
Aug 31, 2023 10:46 AM
Jul 2023
So beautiful and perfectly story must watch
Sep 12, 2023 8:46 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2020:

Sep 24, 2023 10:22 AM

May 2015
It was a nice movie, but I feel like a lot of things were left unsaid/unfinished. Like, what about Mochizou's exams in Tokyo, what are they going to do afterwards, will they finally switch to phones, etc.?

The prince and Dela were kinda brushed off in the end, and there was no resolution to his bride searching thing. Honesty, all throughout it seemed like he cared about this quest the least of them all, and it would've been nice if it was shown that Choi is his chosen bride or something.

What about the butt mochi? Like wtf was even that, if they never even ended up finishing that line. Felt like a lame joke, an expected one from Dela, but out of character from Tamako.

Her agonizing about feelings were realistic, I guess, but I wish she shared a bit more of her thought process. We only got her spacing out and then a confession... While cute, it still leaves a lot untold.

I also can't shake the feeling that KyoAni capitalized on this drama later in Free! Eternal Summer, when

Anyway, it wasn't all that great for a romantic story, but a decent watch overall. Most of all, in the movie and the series, I liked the vibes of the market, where everyone is like a big family.
Jan 30, 11:57 AM
Mar 2021
Tamako Love Story hits you right in the feels! It's not your typical romance—it's quirky, heartfelt, and full of surprises. Plus, who can resist Dera's antics? Definitely a gem in the anime world!
Ending meh but overall a good one
Mar 23, 9:13 PM

Apr 2015
Well, I wished I didn't watch the movie
the TV series was bad but this one is just Laughingly bad, it tried to establish a "relationship" solely based on "we grew up together" and the boy loved her so she must love him back xD

Almost everyone hated the bird but I liked him and with him gone here for the most part just highlighted how boring of character Tamako is and how lifeless and useless everyone else is

So yeah, this one is yet another project giving original anime its bad rep
silly plot, one-dimensional characters, no depth, motives or anything meaningful, just a linear un-correlated mess of things just happening

I was surprised to see this from KyoAni since they have well-written shows like Kanata and Violet
maybe they wanted to keep things light-hearted but that just made things seem shallow and boring

both the TV series and Movie don't deserve their score in the slightest, the KyoAni artstyle and cute/moi bs can't save this one (And the TV series is much better than the movie)
Mar 28, 12:08 PM
Apr 2023
melhor do que a serie
Apr 14, 7:52 PM

Aug 2008
I'm glad Tamako gave the proper answer, if Mochi just got a "thx but u just a friend" I would have been real annoyed. I am a bit disappointed that the end was so sudden, no cute moments after her reply, shame on this movie. Its curious that some people think the relationship wouldn't go anywhere after the credits rolled, might be a long distance relationship at first with him in Tokyo studying but can easily change after. Regardless this film made me care about the duo much more, the original series didn't do much for me.

It did feel like Choi, Dera and the prince were forced in out of obligation, they had absolutely nothing to do here. I thought that Choi was going to get together with the prince, the end of Tamako Market had her touching her neck where the neck ring was, thought a mole was hidden under there or something, not to mention the obvious blushes. Nope not even that. Should have just excluded them entirely.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Can i watch it without watching tamako market?

ogseyo - Dec 7, 2021

26 by ANormalUser »»
Apr 11, 6:35 PM

» New Project Announced

_MushiRock11_ - Jan 8, 2023

14 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 23, 9:12 PM

» 2021! Tamako after story?

yesvirgi - Jan 14, 2021

7 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 30, 2022 6:09 AM

» tamako love story ending

briannaxlee - Jun 28, 2015

22 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 28, 2022 9:09 PM

» Can I watch this without watching the TV series?

bunny1ov3r - Nov 2, 2014

12 by Egoist_Animehead »»
Oct 4, 2020 1:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.