Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 19, 2019 7:02 AM

Sep 2018
Cool episode overall. Best part was the pirates literally carrying the ships over land.

Wanna ask about thorfinn's VA tho, is it still the same female VA ishigami (?) coz it sounded very male to me but if it still her she's doing a fkin good job. Edit: nvm just checked it up.
Aug 19, 2019 7:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Elucid said:
Farabeuf said:

Did you read what I wrote? Please point out to me where I wrote I didn't like the episode? I just wrote that the CGI with the ship scenes looked poor.

Oh, were you referring to when after Askeladd's gang went past the pass?

Yes, and when they drop down the waterfall
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 19, 2019 7:32 AM

Apr 2009
this show died with Thors. Lost it's realism. Going from a noble man to a kid-assasing-aryastarkbs protagonist.

The worst thing is the Thorfinn remained with his father's killer. There were so many ways he could've go away, but he stays. Thors death was for nothing.
Aug 19, 2019 7:34 AM

Jun 2017
Damn lol, never expected them to blitz their way through the battlefield by using ships in land.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Aug 19, 2019 8:01 AM

May 2015
jTiKey said:
this show died with Thors. Lost it's realism. Going from a noble man to a kid-assasing-aryastarkbs protagonist.

The worst thing is the Thorfinn remained with his father's killer. There were so many ways he could've go away, but he stays. Thors death was for nothing.

The series was never meant to be 100% realistic. Things are slightly exaggerated to make it more entertaining. Thorfinn being a really good fighter makes sense anyway considering how skilled his farther was.

Thorfinn joined Askeladd's group because he knew that it was the only way he could keep track of him and be able to constantly challenge him to duels. If he hadn't joined them, he probably never would have seen Askeladd again. Plus, him being surrounded be strong fighters is a great way for him to grow stronger himself and prove his worth on the battlefield, which was Askeladd's condition for future duels.

Aug 19, 2019 8:11 AM

Apr 2018
Vindicater said:
deafnote said:
askeladd coming through on a flying ship is the coolest thing i've seen this decade
i swear, this episode seemed to last five minutes. that's the usual case though

i thought the action scenes were very stylish as well, but i get why there are some complaints
so far, this show has gotten so many things right that it's earned a few passes from me
counting down the seconds until next week's episode

I also loved the boat charge scene although I find it utterly ridiculous and completely bullshit.

Oh Anime, never change.
eh not really, I heard that Vikings ship is light enough to be carried by the same number of rowmen anyway.
Aug 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was a lot sillier than the other episodes. What with the over the top battle and that French general.

The crazy general and the plot about storming the fort reminded me of an episode of Berserk.

I do find it rather unrealistic that Thorfinn would still be trying to duel Askeladd. I think he probably would've gotten over it if he's been living with him for years now. Also, it's annoying that they got interrupted. But I guess things would get kinda boring if Askeladd died, lol.
Aug 19, 2019 9:08 AM

Dec 2018
The story doesn't make sense.

Why would Thorfinn still fight alongside Askeladd doing his bidding just for a chance of a duel rather than slit his throat in the middle of the night?

Because of honour? He has done so much more dishonourable things under Askeladd than avenge his father by slitting his killer's throat in the night.

Because he wants a fair fight? Didn't he witness Askeladd and his crew killing his father and realise these people don't give a rat's ass about a fair fight?

I seriously don't get the appeal of this anime at all.
Aug 19, 2019 9:31 AM

May 2015
ShanAsuna said:

Why would Thorfinn still fight alongside Askeladd doing his bidding just for a chance of a duel rather than slit his throat in the middle of the night?

Because of honour? He has done so much more dishonourable things under Askeladd than avenge his father by slitting his killer's throat in the night.

Because he wants a fair fight? Didn't he witness Askeladd and his crew killing his father and realise these people don't give a rat's ass about a fair fight?

That's kinda the point of Thorfinn and his character growth though. In the hopes of getting revenge for his father in an honorable and fair way, he ends up betraying the very ideals Thors embodied and was trying to teach him. This culminates in the events at the end of the prologue, which I'm obviously not going to spoil.

Aug 19, 2019 9:50 AM

Dec 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:

That's kinda the point of Thorfinn and his character growth though. In the hopes of getting revenge for his father in an honorable and fair way, he ends up betraying the very ideals Thors embodied and was trying to teach him. This culminates in the events at the end of the prologue, which I'm obviously not going to spoil.

Please spoil it for me with a spoiler tag. I've actually looked up the wiki of Vinland Saga and have a vague idea of the subsequent story. As of now, I just find the protagonist's actions really illogical and I think I might be dropping the series soon.
Aug 19, 2019 10:06 AM

May 2015
ShanAsuna said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Please spoil it for me with a spoiler tag. I've actually looked up the wiki of Vinland Saga and have a vague idea of the subsequent story. As of now, I just find the protagonist's actions really illogical and I think I might be dropping the series soon.

Aug 19, 2019 11:01 AM
Aug 2019
ShanAsuna said:

Like a lot of boys, Thorfinn looks up to his dad and wants to be just like him. "I want to be a doctor, just like my dad." "I want to be a nba player, just like my dad". Thorfinn sees his dad as a warrior. Thorfinn probably thinks a warrior like his dad would never kill another warrior outside of battle, especially since Thorfinn has never seen his dad attempt to kill another warrior outside of battle/duel. Thorfinn wants to be like his dad, except Thorfinn doesn't believe a warrior should let go of his sword in the middle of battle (for obvious reasons). Also, its natural for people to develop their own identity over time as they mature.

Thorfinn probably sticks around Askeladd because he'd lose track of Askeladd otherwise and it would take forever for Thorfinn to find him. Lief Erickson apologizes to Helga for losing track of Thorfinn, telling her he'd find Thorfinn no matter how many YEARS its takes.

If Thorfinn needs to kill Askeladd in battle/duel, he must gain battle experience. It's most convenient for Thorfinn to fight alongside constantly fighting warriors that he's already traveling with, especially since he speaks the same language as they do.

And Thorfinn probably believes Askelaad will give him a shot to face him in a duel because Askelaad could have easily ordered the crew to kill him a long time ago.
najumobiAug 19, 2019 11:07 AM
Aug 19, 2019 11:29 AM

Oct 2018
Jfs_ said:
Vindicater said:

I also loved the boat charge scene although I find it utterly ridiculous and completely bullshit.

Oh Anime, never change.
eh not really, I heard that Vikings ship is light enough to be carried by the same number of rowmen anyway.

Yeah historically vikings used to carry their ships on land all the time. It's a tradition.

Check here: http://www.vikingorm.nl/en_page_vikingfeiten_vervoer.htm
Aug 19, 2019 12:08 PM

Apr 2019
that boat carrying was some real bullshit xD

@Jfs_ viking longboats weigh 20 tons
now you tell me how they carry that while holding it sideways while sprinting XD
it holds around 30 people
assume you split 30 on 20 tons
thats 0,75 tons per person
lets say you have 40 people
thats 0,5 tons per person

the weight lifting world record is 460kg, close to 0,5 ton

so basically every single one of these soldiers is capable of carrying more than the strongest deadlifter

and that while carrying it sideways during a sprint

@Birdsanddrugs not longboats, at least not during a sprint with hands holding it like that..

your link even says it itself they used rollers for larger ships xD
Nim0174Aug 19, 2019 12:16 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 19, 2019 1:55 PM

Jul 2019
What a great episode. Askeladd is awesome as ever.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Aug 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Feb 2019
The weakest episode of the series so far. Of course that is because it is covering the first chapter of the manga and even in the manga this was not great. Very glad we had all the backstory leading up to this even if it was a lot of original content. Given the situation though WIT did a fine job in the adaption.
Aug 19, 2019 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
very good episode, amazing animation

5/5

my boy Thorfinn :)
Aug 19, 2019 3:47 PM

Aug 2015
I actually got kinda worried for Thorfinn's older appearance. I honestly thought his eyebrows look really weird in the opening for me personally. But either the weirdness is completely gone or I got used to it. I'm also enjoying Askeladd even more as a character with this adaption. I'm enjoying quite a bit. Can't WAIT to see my boy Canute.
LoknirAug 19, 2019 3:51 PM

Aug 19, 2019 4:04 PM

Nov 2018
God, I love this show. It's on a whole different level than any of the others this season. The story, the art, it's just...amazing.

And as a Game of Thrones fan, I can't help but be reminded of Game of Thrones when I watch this show. Thorfinn is just so much like Arya Stark. I only hope that this show has a more satisfying ending than GoT.
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Aug 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Aug 2015
That general guy gave me the creeps. Glad we don't have to see him again. Also, their tactic to charge head-on while arrows were flying at them was courageous but stupid.

It's nice to see Thorfinn grow up this way. He's gotten a lot better at fighting but is a bit reckless as he charges into a fight without thinking about it. I hope we get to see his fight with Askled (can't spell his name) soon.
Aug 19, 2019 10:50 PM

Aug 2017
Seygneur said:
Loved the way they stomed down the hill as well as most of the siege scenes. CG was actually impressive throughout. I mean the entire ship+the crew carrying it? it just looked so good. Only when they moved through the ranks of perfectly lined up soldiers it broke the illusion. One thing irritating me is how quickly the themes change. One moment the show feels so light and cartoony and the next second it is a super serious and gorey seinen show. Overall, pretty good episode though.

I am eager to know what comes of this duel. Askellad knows damn well about both of their abilities. Surely, something must be off or Thorfinn did not take into account.

you expressed how I feel towards this episode. thank you!
Thorfinn is no longer a boy, his a killing machine!

Aug 19, 2019 11:53 PM

Aug 2017
Alright just binged all the current episodes so I can react now.

We have finally adapted the first chapter which is funny & we are almost done with volume 1 or technically the 1st 2 volumes cause the English release of the manga is unique because its a hardcover release combining 2 volumes instead of 1.

I am ever the more excited because we are finally or just about done with the set-up & we can witness the epic plot & series myth arc.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Aug 20, 2019 12:26 AM

Jul 2016
Jfs_ said:
Vindicater said:

Oh Anime, never change.

Carried, yes.

Running full pelt over unstable terrain., no fucking way.
Aug 20, 2019 12:43 AM

Jan 2019
Vindicater said:
Jfs_ said:

Carried, yes.

Running full pelt over unstable terrain., no fucking way.

Regardless of realism, it was pretty cool you gotta admit
Aug 20, 2019 10:33 AM
Apr 2016
Oh why oh why could they not make the whole series in the name of first prologue episodes. I can understand how adding a worthless, egoistic, incompetent general straight from Miyazaki's stories would be funny, but it certainly does not fit the overall narrative. If the author wanted to do a comedy... anyway BZZZZZZT wrong move. Yada yada realism rinse repeat. It really sucks how Jabba the general had sworn on his faith, yet no one batted an eye when he casually asks them to break it. This is looking down on zeal of Europeans of that age... even though they would as easily break promises when it is beneficial, as history always proved.
lona_catee said:
Are the wars based on real wars? because I think I have read before about something like this. not sure which part though XD

No this is a literal nonsense strategy. You know how the authors work Planetes was done without him first researching space technology, because it would impair his artistic spirit while writing the story about space debris? Well, even if this time around author did read something about vikings, he is certainly not letting reality impair his artistic spirit. For the better... or the worse.
kuraharah said:
That dude's huge mouth disturbed me the entire episode. Looked so out of place design-wise.

DAROU NE. Someone really likes Miyazaki villains. Straight from 90s, except there is only one kid on screen.
Lord-of-the-Lez said:
God, I love this show. It's on a whole different level than any of the others this season. The story, the art, it's just...amazing.

And as a Game of Thrones fan, I can't help but be reminded of Game of Thrones when I watch this show. Thorfinn is just so much like Arya Stark. I only hope that this show has a more satisfying ending than GoT.

Thorfinn is like Arya Stark (however inappropriate this comparison is) on steroids, as a garrison full of grown up men are incapable of even touching him. And don't anyone dare spout apologetics here, it is obvious as day. Even though this series is set in Norse setting, the story is full Japanese "shounen", the names are just kinda Norse.
Daniel_NaumovAug 20, 2019 10:37 AM
Re:formed
Aug 20, 2019 6:03 PM

Nov 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Oh why oh why could they not make the whole series in the name of first prologue episodes. I can understand how adding a worthless, egoistic, incompetent general straight from Miyazaki's stories would be funny, but it certainly does not fit the overall narrative. If the author wanted to do a comedy... anyway BZZZZZZT wrong move. Yada yada realism rinse repeat. It really sucks how Jabba the general had sworn on his faith, yet no one batted an eye when he casually asks them to break it. This is looking down on zeal of Europeans of that age... even though they would as easily break promises when it is beneficial, as history always proved.
lona_catee said:
Are the wars based on real wars? because I think I have read before about something like this. not sure which part though XD

No this is a literal nonsense strategy. You know how the authors work Planetes was done without him first researching space technology, because it would impair his artistic spirit while writing the story about space debris? Well, even if this time around author did read something about vikings, he is certainly not letting reality impair his artistic spirit. For the better... or the worse.
kuraharah said:
That dude's huge mouth disturbed me the entire episode. Looked so out of place design-wise.

DAROU NE. Someone really likes Miyazaki villains. Straight from 90s, except there is only one kid on screen.
Lord-of-the-Lez said:

Thorfinn is like Arya Stark (however inappropriate this comparison is) on steroids, as a garrison full of grown up men are incapable of even touching him. And don't anyone dare spout apologetics here, it is obvious as day. Even though this series is set in Norse setting, the story is full Japanese "shounen", the names are just kinda Norse.

Chill dude, the story is just starting now, there is a plot aside from Thorfinn's revenge, Askeladd has a goal, Canute has a goal, the king has a goal, this part of the story is not just about Thorfinn, in fact he dosent drive the plot, Askellad does that from now on. And some the action sequences ARE pretty over the top and not at all 'realistic', specialy early on, thats not a bad thing AT ALL though since they look cool af.

BTW, whats up with your way of speaking....soo fucking cringe, are you roleplaying or some shit?
TougenAug 20, 2019 6:06 PM
Aug 20, 2019 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
Those crazy vikings! To drag their boats through the forest, go on the battlefield and throw them into the river to get into the fort. And succeed! Their fight was great, but I hope nothing from treasures they gathered was lost when they hit the waterfall. ;D Thorfinn's wild rush was crucial for limiting loses of Askeladd's men to minimum. Smooth decapitation of the fort's captain looked... smooth. ;p

I loved how the battle looked like. Violence, blood, realism and good CGI combined with epic music gave a wonderful effect. Aye, "Vinland Saga" is wonderful and this episode again proved that this statement is true.
Aug 20, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2016
-It's nice to see how much Thorfinn has developed.
>Naruto run
What was that crap? I should take off a point for that alone.
-The big mouthed guy was fine to me. It didn't really cut off my immersion too much. For some reason.
-Askeladd is such a jerk. I understand why his character is interesting, but I really hope Thorfinn kills him.
It was a good episode, but I don't really have a lot to say about it. The Shonen-ish stuff did seem weird, but now that I've seen the explanations for it, it doesn't bother me.

Usman_Afridi said:
That POV shot of thorfinn cutting through the soldiers and killing the captain was really good and creative i hope wit studio continues to give us scenes like these

I agree. Even in their less good works (Kabaneri) they know how to pull off good shots.

LuizFelipeNM said:
Great episode, once again...BUT
The fact that they only speak Japanese and make an interpreter translate JP to JP (for the audience view) just sound weird...Does it bother anyone else or maybe it's just me?

Nah, it's weird to me too. I understand why it's there, but it's still odd. Like last episode's Danish/English language barrier. Usually in Western Cinema, we do get multiple languages involved, so it's easy to expect it from anime too. It would be cool if some Europeans made a fandub that has accurate languages.

lona_catee said:

I know the Viking invasions of England really did happen. And the idea of a "Vinland" has been around for a long time. Also some of the characters listed in this show are based off of real people. Thorfinn is directly based on the real Thorfinn Karlsefni.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorfinn_Karlsefni

Aug 20, 2019 8:32 PM

Mar 2018
That's got to be the best pirate i've ever seen..
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Aug 20, 2019 10:18 PM

Dec 2018
Damn, this anime is just...so great. I absolutely love it. The slow pacing at the beginning was so worth it for these excellent pieces of animation and storytelling. Vinland Saga is probably, no, definitely, my favorite series from Summer 2019. Everything about it is just such a great breath of fresh air from the vomit of unimaginative isekai we're getting seasonally. I'm really, really hoping that this will get a season 2 next year, because it's almost certain that Wit Studio isn't going to be able to cram all the current manga chapters into a 24 episode series. This is amazing. Truly, and absolutely, amazing.
Aug 20, 2019 10:44 PM

Jul 2014
The best episode by far. Thorfinn was the man there, he stormed a fortress on his own and took the captain's head
Aug 21, 2019 1:12 AM
Apr 2016
Tougen said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

BTW, whats up with your way of speaking....soo fucking cringe, are you roleplaying or some shit?

That is called being educated, apparently.
Tougen said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

And some the action sequences ARE pretty over the top and not at all 'realistic', specialy early on, thats not a bad thing AT ALL though since they look cool af.

This is not medieval age of art, don't let people tell you otherwise. Rule of Cool (read it up really) only works in profound works based greatly on symbolism (like Gurren Lagann or... any other Gainax series), instead of being a direct consequence of what we see on screen. Using Rule of Cool in historic (it is trying to be historic, right?) work is rather... misguided. Reminds me something about those Japanese samurais jumping over seas to stop Mongols... Mongolmois? I don't know. Either way it might be cool alright, but educated people are not buying cheap things as easily.
Aug 21, 2019 1:30 AM

Oct 2014
I really couldn't get into this episode because of the overabundance of mediocre CGI and overall weak visuals. Even the normal animations weren't good. This is starting to remind me of Golden Kamuy. I hope it picks back up because this is the first bad episode for me.
Aug 21, 2019 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
I couldn't help but notice the CGI but I still liked it a lot. Same CGI was employed in AoT S3.

Askeladd was awesome in this episode and of course, Thorfinn is older and was able ot show off his badass fighting skills.

Of course, aside from Thorfinn's fight scenes, that part of the greedy Frank getting bamboozled was the best!
臭い-
Aug 21, 2019 4:20 AM

Feb 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Tougen said:

Tougen said:
And some the action sequences ARE pretty over the top and not at all 'realistic', specialy early on, thats not a bad thing AT ALL though since they look cool af.

This is not medieval age of art, don't let people tell you otherwise. Rule of Cool (read it up really) only works in profound works based greatly on symbolism (like Gurren Lagann or... any other Gainax series), instead of being a direct consequence of what we see on screen. Using Rule of Cool in historic (it is trying to be historic, right?) work is rather... misguided. Reminds me something about those Japanese samurais jumping over seas to stop Mongols... Mongolmois? I don't know. Either way it might be cool alright, but educated people are not buying cheap things as easily.

This story is a saga, an epic. Even says in the title of the series. In epics it's normal for characters to perform incredible feats. It's kind of story that is orally transferred from one generation to next. Of course it will have super strong characters doing impossible stuff.

Even in real historical records you will often find armies numbering million men and people single-handedly wiping out entire units of enemy soldiers.

Not to mention it's also a manga.
Aug 21, 2019 4:40 AM

Nov 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yada yada realism rinse repeat.
DAROU NE. Someone really likes Miyazaki villains.

Thats not being 'educated', its just being utterly cringe.

And where did you get that stupid idea that works based on historical periods cant have over the top action? Kingdom, dinasty warriors, assasins creed all say hello, this is not suposed to be a documentary. Plus this is based on an EPIC, if you want to pretend to be educated and not some idiot, at least put some small effort into it.
TougenAug 21, 2019 4:44 AM
Aug 21, 2019 10:16 AM
Apr 2016
Tougen said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yada yada realism rinse repeat.
DAROU NE. Someone really likes Miyazaki villains.

And where did you get that stupid idea that works based on historical periods cant have over the top action? Kingdom, dinasty warriors, assasins creed all say hello, this is not suposed to be a documentary. Plus this is based on an EPIC, if you want to pretend to be educated and not some idiot, at least put some small effort into it.

at least don't compare SCIENCE FICTION LIKE ASSASSIN'S CREED TO VINLAND SAGA! You have seriously done that now, right? Compared a series about aliens, techno-magic and secret societies to Vinland Saga? EVEN THEN ASSASSIN'S CREED HAS LOGICAL COMBAT
And you have lost any moral rights to further conversation with me. Deliver me from this graphomania...
Aug 21, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Tougen said:

at least don't compare SCIENCE FICTION LIKE ASSASSIN'S CREED TO VINLAND SAGA! You have seriously done that now, right? Compared a series about aliens, techno-magic and secret societies to Vinland Saga? EVEN THEN ASSASSIN'S CREED HAS LOGICAL COMBAT
And you have lost any moral rights to further conversation with me. Deliver me from this graphomania...

I am comparing the historical combat bits of it, not the whole thing you bloody idiot! What part of jumping from a fuckign building into hay and surviving is logical? At least pay attention to the fucking argument, point is= things CAN be over the top to be cool over realism even on a setting based on history when they arent trying to be 100% faithfull to you guess it, actual history, thats the whole fucking point you decided to ignore because you lack basic reading capabilities. At least you stoped with that ridiculouss thing of putting japanese words in the middle of an english sentence, im glad that in this discussion i could help you fix that disgusting habbit and make you become a little bit less pathetic.
TougenAug 21, 2019 12:11 PM
Aug 21, 2019 12:20 PM

Apr 2018
Good Ep, its nice seein Thorfinn grow up.
Aug 21, 2019 12:21 PM

Dec 2018
Great episode , Like the Ghibli look alike stile on the France commander .Son of olof is a fox and strike again got away with the plunder good for you .My favourite so far in this anime , I dont think the boy is ready for him yet,,He can handle common soldier with a low income and little combat training and will to fight!! But Askeladd is a different beast

But anime i want Lagertha the legendary leader of the Shield Maidens to appear ,,Its should be the right era .she dont need to have a big role.But i what to see her and her shield maidens go to war!! And i want her to kiss her wife!! Anime you can do it i believe in you,,I trade you teen points for it,, You still have 6/10 I want my Warrior Viking Queen to kick some ass!! And kiss her girlfriend!! YES!!

Yuri-CrusaderAug 21, 2019 12:50 PM
Aug 21, 2019 1:00 PM
Aug 2019
@KILLAJONITAS..hey idiot..i just make this account lol..thts why i only add few anime..stupid fanboy, try to read properly please..go have a real life instead of update your mal profile and look at mine just to riducle me..lol maybe you want to try see my mal profile again, i update it..stupid fanboy..i might give this 1/10 from 8/10 just to annoy you..

for someone wondering..this kid went full retard and start being super fanboy and mad at me on another thread when i said thor death is not impactful which is in another language, thor death is not really sad, but its fine because i looking forward to the war scene..because i read the manga and love the war scene in vinland..maybe this kid is thor fanboy lol..

edit: yeah i wont give it 1/10 just because some idiot fanboy being idiot..still 8/10 from me
Ozen106thAug 21, 2019 1:12 PM
Aug 21, 2019 1:31 PM

Nov 2018
Yuri-Crusader said:
Great episode , Like the Ghibli look alike stile on the France commander .Son of olof is a fox and strike again got away with the plunder good for you .My favourite so far in this anime , I dont think the boy is ready for him yet,,He can handle common soldier with a low income and little combat training and will to fight!! But Askeladd is a different beast

But anime i want Lagertha the legendary leader of the Shield Maidens to appear ,,Its should be the right era .she dont need to have a big role.But i what to see her and her shield maidens go to war!! And i want her to kiss her wife!! Anime you can do it i believe in you,,I trade you teen points for it,, You still have 6/10 I want my Warrior Viking Queen to kick some ass!! And kiss her girlfriend!! YES!!

There will be at least one particular badass woman later on, but Lagertha will never show up because its is not the right era at all, the story here happens in MUCH latter period, Lagertha was alive during around 840ish and this story is in 1013ish. However, Thorfinn is based on a historical figure thats a far away descendeant from Ragnar Lodbrok.
Aug 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2018
Tougen said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

There will be at least one particular badass woman later on, but Lagertha will never show up because its is not the right era at all, the story here happens in MUCH latter period, Lagertha was alive during around 840ish and this story is in 1013ish. However, Thorfinn is based on a historical figure thats a far away descendeant from Ragnar Lodbrok.

Oh ok i always mixed all does time period together =p hard to keep track on them ,To bad Lagertha isn't going to be there, But i have Vikings that show have everything =P

Really glad to hear a strong female is going to be in this later on.That is what i miss the most so far in this anime. I like that with our Viking culture, Female are capable and can fight and should take place =) But well with vikings it always going to be a lot of fun =) I like this anime more then i thought i was going to
Aug 21, 2019 3:02 PM
Apr 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:

Really glad to hear a strong female is going to be in this later on.That is what i miss the most so far in this anime. I like that with our Viking culture, Female are capable and can fight and should take place =) But well with vikings it always going to be a lot of fun =) I like this anime more then i thought i was going to

Definitely not associated with a subconscious urge and lust for stronger females. Definitely not a domination complex scenario. Defiently.
Aug 21, 2019 9:56 PM

Jan 2019
Off-topic for a second here.
A bit disappointing that the review ranting and exaggerating all of what he says manages to get to the front page reviews.
I laugh reading it, yet people see it as "helpful". That's the disappointing part.
Aug 22, 2019 4:32 AM

Feb 2019
That was a really good episode! Also probably the funniest one so far in my opinion. I'm kind of excited for the duel, but I'm also very nervous that Askeladd might die. Seriously, I'll be really cheesed off if he does. He's a proper lad.

Aug 22, 2019 6:04 AM

Nov 2015
Felt more like a filler episode but still was decent. Hopefully it will stay more serious again.

3/5
Aug 22, 2019 10:57 AM
Jan 2019
A great episode, and something funny.
We can already see a teenage Thorfinn, or is he at puberty? I wonder how old he will be. That aside, Thorfinn is a beast in battle camp, what he sets out, he achieves. Is incredible!. He has earned the right to face Askeladd. I can't wait for the next episode.

It was very funny when the French ran out of treasure, LOL 😂.
Aug 22, 2019 1:52 PM

Dec 2011
That was a fun episode overall.

Still can't get over that interpreter who technically repeated every line so Thorfinn could understand what that fatso was saying XD
Aug 23, 2019 1:51 PM

Apr 2016
I didn’t like the previous episode but this was good, I like it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

792 by skywizard »»
Mar 29, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

407 by xyara_girl »»
Mar 23, 12:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.