Forum Settings
Forums

What's The Single Best FIRST Episode You Have Seen in Anime?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 19, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2019
I can't choose between MHA ep.1 and Kimetsu no Yaiba ep.1
Aug 19, 2019 8:57 AM

Sep 2017
It's gotta be Steins;Gate. Even if it does take the second watch after finishing the series to realize. Otherwise idk probably March Comes in like a Lion.
Aug 19, 2019 11:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru is always the correct answer
Aug 19, 2019 11:37 AM

Sep 2018
Satud said:
Kyousou Giga, I love the first episode of this show. I like the rest of the show but not nearly as much as the first episode

Is that Chisa Kotegawa?! What excellent taste you have!
Blanks.
Aug 19, 2019 11:44 AM
Mar 2019
Ergo proxy,Neverland,zankyo no terror,march comes in like a lion,erased have to be there
I kinda liked the first episode of mirai nikki though idk why
Aot is obvious
It may sound weird but I kind of liked the shinsekai yori 1st ep too
Aug 19, 2019 11:49 AM

Dec 2015
Haibane Renmei constructs so much about the plot and setting while still being entertaining in the first episode. FLCL also has plenty of memorable lines and sets the tone perfectly.
Aug 19, 2019 11:55 AM

Jul 2019
this is a tough one but i would say one anime that its first episode made me laugh was mayo chiki after watching the first episode i thought yeah that looks funny

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10110/Mayo_Chiki
Aug 19, 2019 11:58 AM
Aug 2013
I was a lonely kid when I watched the first episode of Naruto and I was simply blown away.

I did not just love the fact that Naruto was as lonely as I was and his struggle for recognition, I loved the entire concept: everything about the episode was almost perfect, starting from humor scenes to the climax scene of Naruto crying behind the tree. It was magnificent.

To this day, it's still the most powerful first episode I've ever seen in animanga universe.
Aug 19, 2019 1:25 PM

Jan 2018
Death Note.
Domestic na Kanojo (they plot-twist was so well written and credible).
A Place Further than the Universe.

A digital frontier to reshape the human condition.
Aug 19, 2019 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
Probably gonna sound weird but, Elfen lied.
Aug 19, 2019 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Hajime no Ippo really comes to my mind instantly.
Aug 19, 2019 2:48 PM

Jul 2019
I would have to say The Promised Neverland. I followed my friends advice and went into the show blind and the shock was crazy
Aug 19, 2019 2:52 PM
Aug 2018
tuckfrump4228 said:
San-Gatsu no Lion by a pretty long shot

3-gatsu my fav series of all time but i really didn't think the first episode was that special. It was important in setting the series atmosphere but i think it wasn't that special an opening ep
Aug 19, 2019 2:53 PM

Oct 2018
I found Jojo and Toradora's first episodes very good
Aug 19, 2019 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Hasn't this thread been made before? Why do MAL users keep making the same threads?

I think Konosuba has the best 1st ep I've seen in anime:
When the anime first starts, you think it's going to be a generic isekai. The moment when Aqua explains that Kazuma died by shock, pissed himself, and his parents laughed at him in the hospital, was one of the most genius moments of comedy, and subversion of my expectations.
Instead of being spontaneous like most anime jokes, the next joke goes off from the first joke, where Kazuma decides to bring Aqua along. His laugh, Aqua's crying, still makes me laugh to this day.

In summary, Konosuba is one of the few anime I've seen that has a 1st ep that perfectly encapsulates everything great about the anime in the very 1st ep.

Tatsuna said:
I was a lonely kid when I watched the first episode of Naruto and I was simply blown away.

I did not just love the fact that Naruto was as lonely as I was and his struggle for recognition, I loved the entire concept: everything about the episode was almost perfect, starting from humor scenes to the climax scene of Naruto crying behind the tree. It was magnificent.

To this day, it's still the most powerful first episode I've ever seen in animanga universe.

I had rewatched the 1st ep of Naruto years ago, and was shocked how well it had aged. I've always thought Naruto had a great balance between comedy and drama, and the 1st episode finds that balance perfectly. The emotional climax was incredibly satisfying, and it all happened in 1 ep.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
I would say Made in Abyss's first episode was just fucking beautiful
I don't praise much modern anime because of the atrocious atmosphere and the lack of actual good world build that you rarely see nowadays, and generally the story-boarding is just embarrassing...

But Made in Abyss's first episode blew me away, I really think it is criminally underappreciated, it gets right to the point, it gives an adventurous feeling to it and accomplishes so much world building in the span of just one episode, which is just really nice to see :3
Also that musical score by Kevin Penkin is perfection and the icing on the cake.

What do you mean by atrocious "atmosphere"?
Many anime, like Re: Zero, have 1st eps that just rush through everything to get to the meat. I think Made in Abyss managed to get to the point, while being paced really well.
removed-userAug 19, 2019 3:09 PM
Aug 19, 2019 3:35 PM
Feb 2019
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Samurai Champloo has an excellent first episode. If you haven't seen, even if you don't plan on watching the rest of the show, watch that episode. The tone it sets right from the beginning, the scratches, the phasing between each character's moments leading up to when they all meet, the character set-up, the animation, swordplay, and of course the OST is pure brilliance. It's so good the first episode of Samurai Champloo is actually one of the best of the series.

Also, obviously Cowboy Bebop. And yeah, now that y'all mention it, AOT too.
Aug 19, 2019 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
Off the top of my head, these hooked me pretty good:

"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 19, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm.. I'd say the one that made an impact on me the most was Death Note. That shit just went to business asap, the damn OST playing while Light was on his writing montage sent chills on my spine back then. Not so much now tho.
Aug 19, 2019 3:49 PM
Aug 2019
Dororo had a pretty cool first episode.
Aug 19, 2019 3:52 PM
Dec 2018
Attack On Titan, Zankyou No Terror, Kill la kill, Steins Gate
Aug 19, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2017
I think I'd have to go with the first episode to Highschool of the Dead. This show already had so much going for it through the frenetic action, gorgeous aesthetic and heavy tone, but that entire rooftop sequence is the ultimate clincher. That entire rooftop scene is a masterpiece; Hisashi's gradual hellish transformation, Rei's ear piercing scream and then the beautiful ending song that comes in immediately afterwards, her bitching out Takashi, then flipping on a dime begging him not to leave her.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Aug 20, 2019 1:37 AM

Mar 2014
I think just about anyone who saw the first episode of Bakemonogatari would have been like "I want MÖRE." because it was that good.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Aug 20, 2019 2:58 AM

Nov 2016
Made in Abyss for sure. The shot with the sunlight enveloping the village along with that music was so stunning.

Madoka and Steins;Gate first episodes were great for setting up a rewatch of each show.
Aug 20, 2019 3:00 AM
Aug 2019
I haven’t seen much anime, but so far the best first episode I saw was the promised neverland, it instantly hooked me.
Aug 20, 2019 3:27 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty sure for me it's gotta be Death Note.

Aug 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Jun 2016
HopefulNihilist said:

Many anime, like Re: Zero, have 1st eps that just rush through everything to get to the meat. I think Made in Abyss managed to get to the point, while being paced really well.

Well I meant exactly what you just said, usually anime suffer from extremely messy pacing, especially with first episodes, exposition is all wrongly done, imo Re: Zero's first episode was great, but it is kinda of cheating because it is a one hour episode after all xD, but it is different from what I mean, as The show establishes its characters before the plot itself or the world around them.

But for Made in Abyss's case, it started off by building the atmosphere and general feel of the show, and it also just gave enough information about the world and the characters to make you interested but not force too much info into you, honestly Made in Abyss is a great example of a really well paced anime overall... Plus that stunning art direction really helps... Or maybe I just wanna praise my boy Osamu Masuyama for his artistic view :)
Aug 20, 2019 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
HopefulNihilist said:

Well I meant exactly what you just said, usually anime suffer from extremely messy pacing, especially with first episodes, exposition is all wrongly done, imo Re: Zero's first episode was great, but it is kinda of cheating because it is a one hour episode after all xD, but it is different from what I mean, as The show establishes its characters before the plot itself or the world around them.

But for Made in Abyss's case, it started off by building the atmosphere and general feel of the show, and it also just gave enough information about the world and the characters to make you interested but not force too much info into you, honestly Made in Abyss is a great example of a really well paced anime overall... Plus that stunning art direction really helps... Or maybe I just wanna praise my boy Osamu Masuyama for his artistic view :)

I'm not going to get into another argument on the quality of the Re: Zero anime as a whole, because I've done that plenty, and that'd be going off topic, but I don't understand why people think Re: Zero had a great 1st ep. It kills off its characters, particularly the protagonist, before we even know who they are. The 1st ep just barely hints at who Subaru is, and yet we're expected to care for him when he dies.
Meanwhile, Vinland Saga's 1st ep is dedicated to establishing the characters, their backstories, relationships.
Aug 20, 2019 8:26 PM

Jun 2016
HopefulNihilist said:
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

I'm not going to get into another argument on the quality of the Re: Zero anime as a whole, because I've done that plenty, and that'd be going off topic, but I don't understand why people think Re: Zero had a great 1st ep. It kills off its characters, particularly the protagonist, before we even know who they are. The 1st ep just barely hints at who Subaru is, and yet we're expected to care for him when he dies.
Meanwhile, Vinland Saga's 1st ep is dedicated to establishing the characters, their backstories, relationships.

But why, why do we need to care for the characters, why do we need to care for the world in the first place, the first episode was obviously not made in the intention of explaining what character Subaru is, his motives, or why he got teleported into this new world, it was made to explain his power and the general "feel" of the show.

But it is based on taste, if we are talking critically, then yes I would say Re: Zero's first episode was really bad for a plethora of reasons, but if i'm talking opinion, I generally really liked the first episode and I think it was a good introduction overall, it could of been better yes, but it is decent enough, yes it relied on shock factor, but who cares, it was powerful enough to give an idea on what the series is gonna become...
You could say the same thing about AoT's first episode, but it generally did a good job on foreshadowing what is coming next :P

For me, I honestly rate a first episode just based on how much it made me interested in the story, concept, characters and world, and also how well does the episode pace in everything...
Aug 20, 2019 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

But why, why do we need to care for the characters, why do we need to care for the world in the first place,

Because it's basic storytelling 101.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
the first episode was obviously not made in the intention of explaining what character Subaru is, his motives, or why he got teleported into this new world, it was made to explain his power and the general "feel" of the show.

I've seen countless anime that manage to do all that in the 1st ep. It's basic stuff.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
You could say the same thing about AoT's first episode, but it generally did a good job on foreshadowing what is coming next :P

AoT gave a good idea of Eren's background in the 1st ep, even if his mom was generic anime mom 101.
Aug 20, 2019 9:08 PM
Apr 2019
I really liked the first episode of tonari no kaibutsu-kun. It felt like 12 episodes in one episode.
I love anime!

Please read Reimei no Arcana. It’s a beautiful romance manga.
Aug 20, 2019 9:46 PM

Jun 2007
Gotta give a mention to Destiny of the Shrine Maiden for having the best 60 seconds in anime at the end of episode 1. You've got shouted-out mecha special attacks, shouted-out names, fanservice, schoolgirl lesbians, explosions, rainbows, a 16th birthday, gratuitous Engrish, and a fade-in to a pretty good Kotoko ED. The show itself may not be to everyone's tastes (to say the least), but that final minute encapsulates exactly what viewers should expect from it.
Aug 20, 2019 11:37 PM

Jun 2016
HopefulNihilist said:

Because it's basic storytelling 101.

Not that necessary in the first episode, can be fleshed out sooner or later.

HopefulNihilist said:

I've seen countless anime that manage to do all that in the 1st ep. It's basic stuff.

You mean cramming an information dump at a terrible pace, I've seen countless anime do that, no thanks.

HopefulNihilist said:

AoT gave a good idea of Eren's background in the 1st ep, even if his mom was generic anime mom 101.

No it didn't, did you actually watch it, no background information about the cast, tho good tension building for the climax of the episode.
Also yes. "was" generic mom 101, you don't seem to be caught up I think.

A lot of the points you made mostly seem subjective to your taste, which is nothing wrong with, you do you :3
Aug 21, 2019 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

Not that necessary in the first episode, can be fleshed out sooner or later.

Act 1 is meant to show what the protagonist's life is like before the major events of the story. Sure, there are exceptions, like Berserk doesn't show Guts' backstory until the 2nd episode. However, in Berserk's case, the show doesn't kill off Guts in the 1st ep, and expect you to care for him, unlike Re: Zero.
If you don't care for the characters, then the story failed its job at having you emotionally invested.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

You mean cramming an information dump at a terrible pace, I've seen countless anime do that, no thanks.

I meant I've seen countless anime that show the protagonist's backstory in the 1st ep.
It's not that hard to do.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

No it didn't, did you actually watch it, no background information about the cast, tho good tension building for the climax of the episode.
Also yes. "was" generic mom 101, you don't seem to be caught up I think.

It showed Eren living with his parents.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

A lot of the points you made mostly seem subjective to your taste, which is nothing wrong with, you do you :3

Your points are also subjective to your taste. Every form of criticism is subjective.
Aug 21, 2019 9:41 AM

Jun 2016
HopefulNihilist said:

Act 1 is meant to show what the protagonist's life is like before the major events of the story. Sure, there are exceptions, like Berserk doesn't show Guts' backstory until the 2nd episode. However, in Berserk's case, the show doesn't kill off Guts in the 1st ep, and expect you to care for him, unlike Re: Zero.
If you don't care for the characters, then the story failed its job at having you emotionally invested.

Yes and no, again context, obviously the author didn't intend for the viewer to be emotionally invested in the characters at that time being, it was nothing but exposition to Subaru's ability to come back to a different point in time every time he dies.
Also, there are always exceptions, a story shouldn't follow an already made structure, it can still be spread through out.
the world and characters of Re Zero were setup in a good way leaving a lot of room for some tasty world-building and character development to be desired which really shows later on, especially in the second half ;)

HopefulNihilist said:

I meant I've seen countless anime that show the protagonist's backstory in the 1st ep.
It's not that hard to do.

Yes it isn't, but most of the times it is done it ends up forcing too much into it, information-wise or in retrospect of other parts of the story, which honestly ruins the narrative later on, it is hard make an interesting and "surprising" backstory in one episode, unless you're going the generic route.
I get what you're coming from tho, it can be done, but it is rare when it is done well because you want to create an impactful narrative, revealing a big part if not a whole backstory in one episode limits that :/

HopefulNihilist said:

It showed Eren living with his parents.

They were not important dialogues that effect the story or Eren is anyway, the only important scenes are the before wood gathering scene and the key scene as they foreshadow later events in later seasons (and recently in the manga).

HopefulNihilist said:

Your points are also subjective to your taste. Every form of criticism is subjective.

Welp duh, obviously xD
Everyone has a different element to them, everyone may see stuff differently even through the same goggles, that what makes conversations like this intriguing, because they are from different sides of the spectrum :)
Aug 21, 2019 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

Yes and no, again context, obviously the author didn't intend for the viewer to be emotionally invested in the characters at that time being,

The whole point of a story is to emotionally invest the audience into the characters. If it fails to even manage to do that in the beginning, then it's a failure.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
it was nothing but exposition to Subaru's ability to come back to a different point in time every time he dies.

Re: Zero could've easily done this:
Show Subaru's life, then kill him off.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
Also, there are always exceptions, a story shouldn't follow an already made structure, it can still be spread through out.

I agree, but in Re: Zero's case, the exception isn't used to do anything good.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

the world and characters of Re Zero were setup in a good way leaving a lot of room for some tasty world-building and character development to be desired which really shows later on, especially in the second half ;)

In the 1st ep, we literally have no clue who any of the characters are. Or even in the next few episodes. Or even the whole anime, we don't know who 95% of the characters are, yet they're constantly killed off, in a futile attempt for us to care about them. It's shock factor for the sake of shock factor; torture porn.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

Yes it isn't, but most of the times it is done it ends up forcing too much into it, information-wise or in retrospect of other parts of the story, which honestly ruins the narrative later on, it is hard make an interesting and "surprising" backstory in one episode, unless you're going the generic route.

I don't mean to sound condescending when I say this, but I think you're too impatient for a story to get to act 2. Most people are fine with the 1st ep being dedicated to setting up the characters' backstories. Most critically acclaimed anime do that:

Vinland Saga
Monster
Erased (reception wise, this one's a mixed bag though)
Clannad
Fate/Stay Night

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:
I get what you're coming from tho, it can be done, but it is rare when it is done well because you want to create an impactful narrative, revealing a big part if not a whole backstory in one episode limits that :/

How so? Why couldn't Re: Zero's 1st ep spend at least 10 minutes showcasing Subaru's backstory, THEN kill him off? At least at that point, there's an emotional investment to the character. If even 10 minutes of backstory to you is a waste of time, then I don't know what to say.

OsamaKIN-TMZ said:

They were not important dialogues that effect the story or Eren is anyway, the only important scenes are the before wood gathering scene and the key scene as they foreshadow later events in later seasons (and recently in the manga).

I agree AoT's a terrible example, but it's better than Re: Zero.
Aug 21, 2019 1:25 PM

Nov 2016
The first episode of Osomatsu-san that sadly can no longer be watched anywhere legit. That episode is an absolute riot and it’s a crime they got rid of it.
Aug 21, 2019 9:52 PM
Jul 2016
Definitely Kimetsu no Yaiba. The first episode started off with a bang and left me completely hooked for the next episode. As the show continued, every episode left me hanging onto the edge of my seat like the suspense was unreal-
Aug 21, 2019 9:59 PM

Feb 2019
3 gatsu no lion's first episode. kiriyama rei listlessly awakens out of obligation to play shogi, you immediately get the impression that somethings wrong. plus the sisters are so adorable!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2019 9:59 PM

Apr 2018
I don't remember any memorable/best first episodes in anime.
Aug 21, 2019 10:06 PM

Feb 2019
Gintama EP1 and EP2 are awesome too! but its a freaking filler!! HAHAHAHA
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2019 3:33 AM

Jun 2016
HopefulNihilist said:

The whole point of a story is to emotionally invest the audience into the characters. If it fails to even manage to do that in the beginning, then it's a failure.

skidaddle skidoodle you point is now a noodle (._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.)

HopefulNihilist said:

Re: Zero could've easily done this:
Show Subaru's life, then kill him off.

Absolutely, I agree, I didn't say it was well done, it was great in its exposition, but in the context of the characters and story, then yes it was very bad... *Yare Yare Daze*

HopefulNihilist said:

I agree, but in Re: Zero's case, the exception isn't used to do anything good.

I agree, as some one who has a somewhat good experience in story writing, the setup for Re: Zero wasn't half bad, but like you said it didn't use much of its exposition to its advantage, especially the second arc was the definition of boring and uninteresting...
Maybe I just forgive it for its spicy third arc, that was a delicious arc, plus I heard from novel readers that the upcoming arc in the second season will be really really good, who knows, will see...

HopefulNihilist said:

In the 1st ep, we literally have no clue who any of the characters are. Or even in the next few episodes. Or even the whole anime, we don't know who 95% of the characters are, yet they're constantly killed off, in a futile attempt for us to care about them. It's shock factor for the sake of shock factor; torture porn.

My nigga, I think you're over-exaggerating with 95% xD, but I do agree, it kinda got annoying how much everyone got killed just for the sake of shock factor.
It is kinda of like the first season of AoT, where Isayama used to kill a lot of characters just for shock factor, but he got rid of that habit, characters rarely die now before they are well developed or for a purpose.

HopefulNihilist said:

I don't mean to sound condescending when I say this, but I think you're too impatient for a story to get to act 2. Most people are fine with the 1st ep being dedicated to setting up the characters' backstories. Most critically acclaimed anime do that:

Vinland Saga
Monster
Erased (reception wise, this one's a mixed bag though)
Clannad
Fate/Stay Night

Actually I am ;3, but it all depends on your interpretation of what a backstory is to you, to me a backstory is a state of a character before the present time of the story that explains motives and the ideology of that character, the deeper it goes, the better (That what she said... I had to write it, sorry xD)

In your examples, the best two I would say are Vinland Saga and Monster, Monster is an obvious one, but I feel like I praised Vinland's production schedule and staff a lot in my forum post but I didn't praise enough its story writing and character structures, but I guess it is obvious too, just from those awesome dialogue choices...
I gone out of the point, but yeah, the first episode is absolutely awesome for setting up Thors's character, it kept it a mystery and gave information when it needed to, so it made it more impactful, but I think ignoring the broadcasting issues, releasing the first three episodes at once was great :3

HopefulNihilist said:

How so? Why couldn't Re: Zero's 1st ep spend at least 10 minutes showcasing Subaru's backstory, THEN kill him off? At least at that point, there's an emotional investment to the character. If even 10 minutes of backstory to you is a waste of time, then I don't know what to say.

As in, I get what you mean, it could of been way better if they actually focused on Subaru's character instead of throwing him in random situation and wasting time, a good example you gave by yourself is Konosuba's first episode, I'm not the biggest fan of Konosuba's first season, but it did a great good with its first episode...

HopefulNihilist said:

I agree AoT's a terrible example, but it's better than Re: Zero.

I agree, even if AoT's first episode and first season at that wasn't good, it served its purpose well as a setup, if it wasn't for it, AoT wouldn't have reached the masterpiece status that it is in now, yes it took four extra arcs to reach that, but the Marley arc is easily the best manga arc I've seen in the last 5 years, and believe me, I read a lot of manga... Heck, I even have the old Slam Dunk, Ashita no Joe and Tiger Mask collections. But like I said, even if it took long to reach that state, it was definitely worth the time :)

My point is, yes the first episode/arc can effect how good a story can be, BUT it still depends on the author's talent and experience...

Thanks for the interesting conversation dude, I'm pretty sick these last three days, so it's good to keep busy (โ”€โ€ฟโ€ฟโ”€)
Aug 22, 2019 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
@OsamaKIN-TMZ

I'm not sure if there's anything else to discuss: we both agree that Re: Zero's 1st ep could've benefited from showcasing Subaru's backstory more. The only thing we seem to disagree on, is how much of an issue this is: I think this is a huge issue, while you think this is a lot more of a minor issue.
"My nigga"
I'm white.
Aug 22, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2017
Erased episode 1 is done so flawlessly I almost want to give the serie a 10 immediately.
Aug 22, 2019 9:15 AM

Jun 2016
HopefulNihilist said:

I'm not sure if there's anything else to discuss: we both agree that Re: Zero's 1st ep could've benefited from showcasing Subaru's backstory more. The only thing we seem to disagree on, is how much of an issue this is: I think this is a huge issue, while you think this is a lot more of a minor issue.
"My nigga"
I'm white.

Sry, I just like calling all people i consider nice "nigga" and use it like "dude or pal" I don't consider it racial, even if I get the pass to say it just because I'm African but still somewhat whitish.

Again, thanks for the the discussion, I'm happy we mostly agree, farewell mate :)
Aug 22, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2018
aot's first ep is what got me hooked onto anime but since its being mentioned so much..

probably cross game, erased, death note, aldnoah zero, the promised neverland, and made in abyss

also gotta mention elfen lied's was CRAZY
KreedexAug 22, 2019 12:21 PM
Aug 23, 2019 10:57 AM
Apr 2013
IMO I think Stein;Gate, Gakkougurashi, Girl und Panzer, Erased, Kabaneri no Iron Fortress, Gate, AoT, High School Fleet, Saki, Kiss Him Not Me!, Madoka Magica, and more...
Aug 23, 2019 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
Really surprised no one mentioned Macross!

I think 1982's Macross has the best opening episode in any anime I've seen
Off the top of my head at least
Aug 23, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2016
Elfen Lied - Lots of gore but quite impactful

Attack on Titan - Simply great. And that soundtrack.....

Death Note - Perfect trailer for what to come

Guilty Crown - Especially the first 5 minute

Pandora Hearts

Re Zero
Aug 23, 2019 2:50 PM

Jul 2019
Hmm, this is quite hard question, but I think with me it would be "Ouran High School Host Club". I just absolutely loved its humor sense and the fact main heroine had actual personality which you could relate. (Because it sucks to be in elite school where you're treated like a peasant, yet she still owns it.)
Other places where to find me:

โ˜† AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
โ˜† Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
โ˜† DA: Tuliharja-art
โ˜† Instagram: tuliharja_art
Aug 27, 2019 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
Sword Art Online and Haibane Renmei has the best first episode. Made in Abyss first few episodes are quite lacking in my opinion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

76 by velvetnyan »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

55 by Pokitaru »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 7 hours ago

30 by iiKonata »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 6 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
32 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 11 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
42 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.