Forum Settings
Forums

I Have Never Wanted An Anime Character Killed Off More Than I Did With...

New
Aug 19, 2019 5:08 PM

Sep 2018
Shinji Matou, specifically related to the "Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel" Route. If you've watched it you know exactly what I'm taking about. He has always sucked, but every second he was on screen I just wanted to reach through the screen and end him!

So:

Which character, for any reason, did you wish was killed off while you were watching the show/movie?

Excited to read your thoughts and opinions!
Blanks.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 19, 2019 5:11 PM

Jul 2007
Hmm I wonder what it is about characters named Shinji that suck so much? lol

I don't know if I wanted any characters to be killed off. I'd have to think about it.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 19, 2019 5:15 PM

Jan 2018
That one dude who made me drop grancrest senki. I mean, other than main male and female the rest can just get killed because it has that political intrigue plot.
Aug 19, 2019 5:16 PM

Sep 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Hmm I wonder what it is about characters named Shinji that suck so much? lol

I don't know if I wanted any characters to be killed off. I'd have to think about it.

Haha yes! I expect to see someone (other than this) say Shinji Ikari!
Blanks.
Aug 19, 2019 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
Sakura from naruto
Every character in love hina
Shou Tucker from fullmetal alchemist
Suzaku Kururugi from code geass
Aug 19, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2014

This fucking bitch. Katejina Loos from Victory Gundam

absolutely despicable
honestly, it's been few years, I barely remember anything form the show, but I still have seething hate for that girl
Aug 19, 2019 5:29 PM

Aug 2018
Makoto from School Days. His complete lack of concern for anyone else's feelings was absolutely disgusting to me. The whole cast acted along with him, but I still detest him the most for stirring everything. Thankful he got the end he deserved.

Runner Up: Kyuubey from Madoka Magica. From his point of view, he's not objectively wrong - since he never technically lied about anything. But that's just such slimy behaviour, not listing the consequences, since he understands that would deter them from the contract. Also the fact that he's untouchable anyway. Smug bastard.
Aug 19, 2019 5:32 PM

Feb 2018
Akainu from One Piece

Aug 19, 2019 5:33 PM

Dec 2012
Topping my hit list would be Quess Paraya (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack) and Shin Asuka (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Destiny).
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 19, 2019 6:01 PM
Aug 2015
THE BITCH FROM FAMILIAR OF ZERO

(I don't even want to type her name)

https://myanimelist.net/character/136/Louise_Fran%C3%A7oise_Le_Blanc_de_La_Valli%C3%A8re
Aug 19, 2019 7:32 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
This is how I feel about Bakugou Katsuki. He’s a bully, he’s aggressive, he never faces consequences for his actions, he has no fucking redeeming qualities, he’s spoiled, he’s hateful, he’s ugly, I can go on and on about how much I despise him. Not only he is unlikeable, he’s not interesting either. His personality revolves around one-upping Midoriya. I want some random ass villain to do god’s work and kill him off for good. I don’t know what fangirls see in him, but maybe thats because I like guys, not undomesticated dogs. And don’t tell me “hurr durr he got better in the manga”.

Haruhi Suzumiya is the most despicable female character in anime I’ve come across. I wish she would die slowly and painfully, just like Katsushit.

Sinbad and Arba from Magi did horrible things in the manga, but they never suffer for it.

LeonhartAugustAug 19, 2019 7:36 PM
Aug 19, 2019 7:39 PM

Aug 2019
Demon Slayer - Zengitsu god i hate how annoying he is

and the worst piece of trash of all time Momoka Oginome
Aug 19, 2019 7:49 PM

Jun 2015
TRUCK-KUN!!!! He's a menace! Someone has to stop him from creating all those stupid isekai shows!!!
AnotherGuyAug 19, 2019 7:54 PM
Aug 19, 2019 8:32 PM

Oct 2017
BallisticRiot said:
Shinji Matou, specifically related to the "Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel" Route. If you've watched it you know exactly what I'm taking about. He has always sucked, but every second he was on screen I just wanted to reach through the screen and end him!

So:

Which character, for any reason, did you wish was killed off while you were watching the show/movie?

Excited to read your thoughts and opinions!

LOL! I don't know how far the movies have got with him, or how much detail they get in to. But, as a VN reader, let me tell you, the Heavens Feel route was like constantly uncovering more layers of evil as it slowly peeled away at the onion that was Matou Shinji. Considering the amount of tears he brought out many readers and his sister a like, not a bad analogy if I do say so myself.

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of it. People have a tendency to consider masochistic levels of suffering inflicted on characters as being somehow highly artistic. Just look at how many Oscars have been won by dramas which go way over-the-top with the emotional torture.

Just because characters suffer a lot doesn't make it a good story. And in my opinion, the HF route of Fate/stay Night went too far. The tone was too much of a shift from the first two routes. It's still really good storytelling, but turning Sakura in to a punching bag like that kind of eroded my ability to take the story seriously and stay immersed. It's like... there's only so many times you can make a reveal designed to make you feel sympathy towards a character for their suffering before you go "oh ffs come on!"
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Aug 19, 2019 8:35 PM

Apr 2015
The top of the list must be Kyuubei from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and the psychotic millionaire from the second half of Sword Art Online season 1
Other important mentions: the psychotic law-obsessed civil guard b***h and her dog-monster from Akame ga Kiru (and many more, but she simply tops the list from that series), Sabato (the head collector) from Blade of the Immortal, the Prime Minister from Code:Breaker, the old vampire bastard and Kotomine Kirei (Caster and the child killer are an obvious addition) from Fate/Zero and... Sakura's brother from Fate/Stay Night, the vicious de Blois father (the "detective" Grevil's father and Victorique's mother's rapist) from Gosick, the priest (or whatever his rank was) who was doing really bad stuff that I can't remember from Highschool D×D, the villains at the end of the first season of Hitsugi no Chaika (the ultra sadistic butcher boy and his servants), the crazy leaders of every nation other than Japan in Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, bad guy whose name I can't remember that controlled four dolls from Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai, Fate's mother creator from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, the lesbian idiot from Myself;Yourself (couldn't forgive her) as well as the twins' father and the school chairwoman, the devil or whatever from Omamori Himari, almost all of the villains from Shakugan no Shana, can't exactly remember, but there was at least one guy from Shinmai Maou no Testament, the vampire/ghost/devil/manbearpig guy from Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, the foreign leaders from Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor, there must have been one from Toaru Majutsu no Index but I can't remember, the old man Ushiromiya and Maria's mother from Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Almost, but then just didn't care (1) or even got to understand a bit (2): the cheating guy with a brain chip from Accel World (1), the usurper from Akatsuki no Yona (1), pretty much every major villain from the first season of Gintama (2), the pedophilic doctor from Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (2...), Miyo from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Kai) (2), the glasses kinght girl from Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu (1, forgiven at the end), the idiotic father of the main character from Kimi ga Aruji de, Shitsuji ga Ore de (1), the jealous main girl (1, didn't last long) and Haruka's parents (1, mother forgiven at the end) from Kotoura-san, the "good father" from Sanka Rea (1... 2?), the intelligence agent who technically organized everything in Senkou no Night Raid (1), Mikawa Kirameki from Shigofumi (1)
Aug 19, 2019 8:56 PM

Apr 2018
90% of isekai MC.
90% of harem MC.
99% of hentai MC.
I hope they die soon, A bunch of lucky bastard.
Aug 19, 2019 9:09 PM
Sep 2018
Suzaku kururugi from code geass.he is such an annoying character i hated his presence in every scene from the time he went against lelouch.when he takes lelouch to his father and thinks he avenged euphemia with out knowing anything,omg he made me so irritated.
Aug 19, 2019 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
attack on titan - eren/armin/mikasa (all 3 would be the most ideal lmao)
toradora - main gorl (unfortunately not the type of show where that kind of thing happens though)

death note is the only one that got it done by getting rid of
but then went in the trash afterwards anyway
Aug 19, 2019 11:12 PM
Sep 2018
By the way, how's Sakura? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 19, 2019 11:24 PM

Jul 2016
It's been a while since I watched it, but I don't think there's even been a pair I've hated more than Angela and Sue from Genshiken 2
Aug 19, 2019 11:34 PM

Jan 2017
This piece of shit
30 more characters are unnecessary.
Aug 19, 2019 11:36 PM

Jul 2019
AnotherGuy said:
TRUCK-KUN!!!! He's a menace! Someone has to stop him from creating all those stupid isekai shows!!!

in his defense.. zombieland saga

but that's about it.
Aug 19, 2019 11:42 PM

Jan 2019
dincham said:

Aug 20, 2019 12:33 AM

Oct 2010
Johan from Monster, because he's a killing monster, he doesn't even have reasons for killing and he gets away like a looney toons character, it's ridiculous.
Aug 20, 2019 12:39 AM

Jan 2008
There isn't one particular name but more like a character type - violent female characters who feel like they can beat up the main character whenever they are annoyed, and the male MC cannot retaliate because "oh, no, I must not hit girls". So annoying.

I guess Sakura from Naruto and Nami from One Piece are good examples.
Aug 20, 2019 12:54 AM

Mar 2015
Daily reminder Sakura has done things just as bad, if not even worse, as Shinji.

The one who deserves to get killed off is Zouken.
Aug 20, 2019 12:55 AM

Sep 2018
The new kid in Fruits Basket.

I seriously avoid shows where they bring in nasty characters that are only there because viewers hang on to see them killed. The dude in the walking dead is a prime example, the show went to shit so they bought him in, he didn't even get killed when he was tied up and there was a woman who wanted him dead standing over him with a drawn sword.
Aug 20, 2019 12:58 AM

Jul 2016
Nene from New Game! She was the defintion of obnoxious.
Aug 20, 2019 12:58 AM

May 2019
Hawk from seven deadly sins
😡 that flipping noise it makes when it runs.... such a disappointment 😡
Aug 20, 2019 1:10 AM

Jun 2019
If I'm to answer this, it has to be for characters not whose actions and goals I detested like some villains and antagonists who are still fascinating and very pleasing to watch do their thing like smooth operators, but characters so obnoxiously insufferable to the point they bleed over too much to blot out the good bits of the story and I start to actively hate to watch.

1. Shinji and Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Everyone else:

- Those arrogant high and mighty brash braggart adventurers led by that young jerk at the guild in Goblin Slayer.

- Asahi from Happy Sugar Life

- Amarti from Spice and Wolf

- Koga from Inuyasha

- Every run-of-the-mill milquetoast MC who whines about how it's so unthinkable and evil to take any action ever

Adelwulf said:
The top of the list must be Kyuubei from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Don't you touch him. Kyuubey did nothing wrong.
Aug 20, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2019
The only ones I can think of off the top of my head would be Shinji Matou from Fate and of course Bitch from Shield Hero.
Aug 20, 2019 1:26 AM
Dec 2018
Sakura Haruno & Karin Uzumaki from (Naruto Shippuden). Sakura is Just Pathetic & Karin Is annoying, I hate Karin with passion.

Nui Harime From (Kill la Kill)
Aug 20, 2019 1:28 AM

Apr 2008
The protagonists of Gankutsuou (chiefly Albert - just look at that fucking face). I can't remember more passionately wanting the main character to be killed in something. I watched that shit 10 years ago and I'm still mad

Rowan_F said:
It's been a while since I watched it, but I don't think there's even been a pair I've hated more than Angela and Sue from Genshiken 2

I've only seen s1 but I hated Saki so much that I have no interest in s2, seems like the author is really good at making characters people can't stand.
Aug 20, 2019 1:33 AM
Jul 2015
For me are the Legendary MCs of some of the most Popular and Legendary animes,

Light Yagami from Death Note and Kirito from SAO.

I can't Tolerate Light with his fake Innocent Act.
chuniyanaAug 20, 2019 1:47 AM
Aug 20, 2019 1:45 AM

May 2014
Any character from fate stay night, especially Emiya. I don't know what it is about him, but just looking at him annoys me for some reason. I guess i just really don't like type moon character designs.

JottaPokka said:
Hawk from seven deadly sins
😡 that flipping noise it makes when it runs.... such a disappointment 😡

tonkotokotonkotokotonkotokotonkotoko

I love Hawk XD
Aug 20, 2019 1:48 AM

Oct 2017
I nominate that car from Re:Zero
WatchTillTandava said:
If I'm to answer this, it has to be for characters not whose actions and goals I detested like some villains and antagonists who are still fascinating and very pleasing to watch do their thing like smooth operators, but characters so obnoxiously insufferable to the point they bleed over too much to blot out the good bits of the story and I start to actively hate to watch.

1. Shinji and Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Everyone else:

- Those arrogant high and mighty brash braggart adventurers led by that young jerk at the guild in Goblin Slayer.

- Asahi from Happy Sugar Life

- Amarti from Spice and Wolf

- Koga from Inuyasha

- Every run-of-the-mill milquetoast MC who whines about how it's so unthinkable and evil to take any action ever

Adelwulf said:
The top of the list must be Kyuubei from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Don't you touch him. Kyuubey did nothing wrong.

So you don't like seeing people suffer but you like characters that cause the suffering. Boy, you are truly a sadist at heart.
Aug 20, 2019 1:59 AM

Jul 2016
Plate said:
The protagonists of Gankutsuou (chiefly Albert - just look at that fucking face). I can't remember more passionately wanting the main character to be killed in something. I watched that shit 10 years ago and I'm still mad

Rowan_F said:

I've only seen s1 but I hated Saki so much that I have no interest in s2, seems like the author is really good at making characters people can't stand.

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I still kinda like the first two seasons. Funnily enough, Saki was one of the few characters who I actually could relate when watching it
Aug 20, 2019 2:04 AM

May 2014
Rowan_F said:
Plate said:

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I still kinda like the first two seasons. Funnily enough, Saki was one of the few characters who I actually could relate when watching it

That's surprising. Usually it's one of the Genshiken members the person watching relates to the most. Was Genshiken one of the first anime you watched?

When it comes to Genshiken, the first season is the best, second season is good too, but Nidaime is really awful imo. Lots of characters to hate in that season and Madarame is practically a different character T_T Then the author wrote spotted flower, i want the main guy in that to die too, but we don't talk about spotted flower....
Aug 20, 2019 2:19 AM

Jul 2016
fancyjasper said:
Rowan_F said:

That's surprising. Usually it's one of the Genshiken members the person watching relates to the most. Was Genshiken one of the first anime you watched?

When it comes to Genshiken, the first season is the best, second season is good too, but Nidaime is really awful imo. Lots of characters to hate in that season and Madarame is practically a different character T_T Then the author wrote spotted flower, i want the main guy in that to die too, but we don't talk about spotted flower....

I first watched it around mid-2017 according to my list, so I was definitely already an anime fan by then, but I don't think I was in as deep as the club members. It's more like, I've been in Saki's exact position before, being surrounded by an existing friend group who are really, obsessively into this one thing that you don't fully understand, but you get there eventually.

I've seen the first two seasons and about 2 episodes of Nidaime before I dropped it. Yeah, you're right, it really was awful. Never heard of Spotted Flower though. I'll go look that up.
Aug 20, 2019 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Mirai said:
Daily reminder Sakura has done things just as bad, if not even worse, as Shinji.

Care to refresh my mind as to what she did that was so despicable ? Genuine question.

Spoiler cause I haven't seen the movies yet and dunno how far they go.
Aug 20, 2019 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
fancyjasper said:

Since it's supposed to be about Genshiken characters, Spotted Flower really made me wonder what the creator actually wanted from creating Genshiken. I'm thinking he may be some kind of entity that feeds off of hatred, like a hate vampire
Aug 20, 2019 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder why no one mentioned the shit who is literally named bitch?
Aug 20, 2019 2:41 AM

Sep 2014
Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Aug 20, 2019 2:46 AM

Mar 2018
@Illyricus Someone wants to kill our best boi :D

Jokes aside, I can think of only one guy and one girl I despise in all anime I've watched but not to the point of I want to kill them personally. These two:
https://myanimelist.net/character/69435/Izayoi_Sakamaki
https://myanimelist.net/character/120017/Reina_Kousaka

The heroine from "I Want to Eat Your Pancreas" might be a runner-up.

Aug 20, 2019 2:50 AM
Aug 2019
Sakura (naruto)
Erza scarlet (fairy tail)
Hinazuki akemi/hinazuki kayos mom. (Erased)
Kaneki ken (Tokyo ghoul) I cant stand timid boys.
Aug 20, 2019 2:57 AM

Jul 2013
Renkini said:
@Illyricus Someone wants to kill our best boi :D
It's all okay, Wakame-sama, in his magnificence, will forgive the sinners who dirt his name, as, in his limitless wisdom, knows they are just victims of the circumstances and they can still be saved. He knows too, that it is simply a matter of time before they find the true way in the life. Amen.
Aug 20, 2019 2:57 AM

May 2014
Rowan_F said:
fancyjasper said:

I first watched it around mid-2017 according to my list, so I was definitely already an anime fan by then, but I don't think I was in as deep as the club members. It's more like, I've been in Saki's exact position before, being surrounded by an existing friend group who are really, obsessively into this one thing that you don't fully understand, but you get there eventually.

I've seen the first two seasons and about 2 episodes of Nidaime before I dropped it. Yeah, you're right, it really was awful. Never heard of Spotted Flower though. I'll go look that up.

Ah okay i get you. I guess it was the opposite for me. I never had friends who were into what i liked, so i really clicked with the Genshiken club members and their interests.

If i remember right the scanlators dropped it because of how awful it got by chapter 22. I have no clue what the author was thinking, i've never seen something go so downhill in a single chapter before. Enjoy the train wreck unfold if you decide to read it though!

Plate said:
fancyjasper said:

Since it's supposed to be about Genshiken characters, Spotted Flower really made me wonder what the creator actually wanted from creating Genshiken. I'm thinking he may be some kind of entity that feeds off of hatred, like a hate vampire

That's the only explanation. I just wanted a fun anime about otaku culture, not bad relationship drama.
Aug 20, 2019 3:14 AM

Mar 2015
HapHazrD said:
Mirai said:

Care to refresh my mind as to what she did that was so despicable ? Genuine question.

Spoiler cause I haven't seen the movies yet and dunno how far they go.

Aug 20, 2019 3:24 AM
Jul 2019
Bakugou from MHA
Zenitsu from KNY
Sakura from Naruto
Most of the characters from Shield hero
Aug 20, 2019 3:44 AM
Apr 2017
Hina from Hinamatsuri
Sasuke (Sakura gets points here too)
Rachel Gardner
Kaneki
Chise Hatori
The entire cast of dr.stone, replace them with some well written ones instead
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

187 by Jackson1333 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

28 by Rinenka »»
13 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

30 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

39 by Tirinchas »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.