Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2019 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Looking for shows about well, cute animals (or monsters) doing cute things like Chi's Sweet Home, My Roomate is a Cat, and How To Keep a Mummy. I don't want gijinka, anthro animals, or animals whose behaviors are too humanlike and unrealistic (like Hamtaro or Happy Happy Clover). I would also prefer if the animals were the main focus.

Thanks.
removed-userAug 20, 2019 2:32 AM
Aug 19, 2019 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
Chi's Sweet Home, My Roomate is a Cat, and How To Keep a Mummy is properbly the best cute animals anime's there are, where the fokus point is on the animals, so i dont have anything on that high of a level, but i do know some that comes kind of close.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11499/Sankarea

Sankarea is about zombies and there is a cute zombie cat in it, but the cat is not the main fokus of the anime, around 20-30% of the fokus is on the cat, the rest is on a girl. With that said the anime in itself is okay, the characters are good, the animation is good, the plot is interesting and from time to time you get to see a cute little zombie cat doing it's little cute zombie things.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6512/Nyan_Koi

Nyan Koi is about a guy who gets a cat curse put on him and are now able to understand and speak with cats. Now you did say that you didn't want animals whose behaviors are too humanlike and unrealistic, i dont know if animals that can speak (to the mc), are too humanlike and unrealistic for you, but i thought i would mention it.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1722/Nagasarete_Airantou

Nagasarete Airantou has, just like Nyan Koi, the same thing with humanlike and unrealistic animal behavior. this is an anime about a guy who drift up on an island and are unable to escape and now have to live here. The animals on this island are also intelligens, and most are able to speak. The island has no technology and the residens are living a simple life, they grow their own food, build their own houses and so on. One ekstra thing i might wanna mention is that all the residens are girls and that he is the only guy and that sort of triggers a primal instinkt in the girls and they all have their eye on him. It's a harem anime, but it is the best harem anime i have ever seen, a harem done right.

Anyway those are the ones i would recommend, i was also going to recommend Is the Order a Rabbit? but i can see you have dropped that oh well. I would recommend those 3 in that order from top to bottom, because they fit your criteria best in that order. My personal favorite/recommendation would be Nagasarete Airantou.

Well thats it for now, hope you like one of them.

Happy anime watching :)
Aug 19, 2019 11:40 PM

Jan 2009
how about Kimba the White Lion its a very old anime though

there is also that Aggretsuko anime

and the upcoming anime BNA (Brand New Animal)

maybe even Beastars its coming soon
Aug 19, 2019 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
ugmon said:
how about Kimba the White Lion its a very old anime though

there is also that Aggretsuko anime

and the upcoming anime BNA (Brand New Animal)

maybe even Beastars its coming soon

I said no anthro animals, I'm talking more like the anime equivalent of cat videos like Chi's Sweet Home or How to Keep a Mummy

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 12 hours ago

2 by mo_lave »»
40 minutes ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
10 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
10 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

69 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.