Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 19, 2019 6:17 PM

Mar 2012
Ecchi = Sold is as much myth as having lot of harem show a season. Too bad MAL sales thread is stopped so I cannot pull current data out there.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 19, 2019 6:49 PM

May 2019
I'm not really fan of ecchi in non-ecchi shows either, but it's kind of like what everybody else said. It's a popular market in Japan, which is the primary target of anime. As long as people in Japan want it, it'll continue to show up in a lot of animes. I do agree though. I think fan service and ecchi that isn't executed well into shows that aren't within the ecchi genre, is kind of annoying. Just my personal opinion though, I do understand the appeal of ecchi. It just isn't my cup of tea.
Aug 19, 2019 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
American media is only good for comedy.

meanwhile, i can't even understand american comedy
Aug 19, 2019 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
TheChaika said:
It is their culture, so I don't think so.

i find that a bit rude, but whatever.
AraragiKoyomi said:
remember, anime is primarily made for the japanese, they're the target audience, so producers will continue making them as long as the content is selling...

btw, i'm not a fan of ecchi either, but it's something we (westerners) have to learn to cope with

THIS, westerners need to understand this. Sorry if you find this rude

EndlessMaria said:
Setsuei said:
Will people ever stop complaining about ecchi? I thought the new thing to complain about was too much isekai now.

ecchi is the cancer that refuses to die until enough people complain about it to make it a serious issue, then it can finally be put away for good and be remembered as an embarrassing chapter of cultural history.

most of people complaining about ecchi are westerners though

i just simply avoid ecchi anime, except it have other purpose ( Ex: i watched Souma since i love the food and characters, no more no less ). i do the same with isekai.
Aug 19, 2019 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
-Stray said:

So like a world full of Goku's? I don't think the world would function that well then unless they have a different way to breed babies like doing something filthy as holding hands = baby.

In a fictional fantasy/scifi world, there are alternate ways for babies to be born. They could be delivered by storks, grow from the ground like plants, or in a technologically advanced setting it could be all done by computers that construct sets of dna. Just takes a bit of imagination.

well, good luck about that. it is not easy, most of people stop at halfway. but if you still insist to make it, tell me if it is already done.
Aug 19, 2019 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
EndlessMaria said:

Their culture can be pretty irritating. Trips to the beach, hot springs, festivals, club activities, I'm fucking sick of all of it. However, despite this japan seems to create the most amount of media that appeals to me compared to media from other places of the world. Even so, it's frustrating seeing the same cliches again and again and again.

EndlessMaria said:

If their culture is trash then I have the right to treat it as such.

My native culture is trash too. Fuck em all.

Well you know what, when you watch anime, you are consuming and participating, partially, in Japanese culture. You don't have the right to dictate what they're allowed to do in their shows or try to change their culture and values. I feel like people shouldn't really become anime fans if they think Japanese culture is trash or don't have an appreciation for it. Since you've trashed at least three countries' cultures in this thread, perhaps you should just accept that you're frustrated with just about every country's culture. If sex is the big issue, then you're going to have to start looking at stuff produced by third world nations because sexual themes are a big part of movies and TV in all first world nations.

Perhaps you should look elsewhere and figure out what country's culture actually appeals to your values better and start watching more of their stuff.

i heard SEA country like malaysian are really sensitive with sexual themes? is it right?
Aug 19, 2019 9:20 PM

Dec 2017
shirorinkorin said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Well you know what, when you watch anime, you are consuming and participating, partially, in Japanese culture. You don't have the right to dictate what they're allowed to do in their shows or try to change their culture and values. I feel like people shouldn't really become anime fans if they think Japanese culture is trash or don't have an appreciation for it. Since you've trashed at least three countries' cultures in this thread, perhaps you should just accept that you're frustrated with just about every country's culture. If sex is the big issue, then you're going to have to start looking at stuff produced by third world nations because sexual themes are a big part of movies and TV in all first world nations.

Perhaps you should look elsewhere and figure out what country's culture actually appeals to your values better and start watching more of their stuff.

i heard SEA country like malaysian are really sensitive with sexual themes? is it right?

yeah, it was... since their people are religious enough.
Aug 19, 2019 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
sadly, I don't think so. Best to keep watching things that aren't heavy on it if it isn't your cup of tea. The ecchi moments were one of the reasons I dropped fireforce. Just like how Japan won't stop animating isekai shows, they probably won't stop with ecchi.

I don't mind it if it fits the theme of the show or if it makes sense and is not in the trashy category. An anime where the "ecchi" is jsut fanservice where women are taking a bath or talking in the changing room? I don't mind it. Fanservice or ecchii where hands are on tits for no apparent reason or bad executed accidental pervert scenes? trash.
Aug 19, 2019 10:40 PM

Oct 2014
Well I will comment more later.

In the meantime plz watch this vid
Aug 19, 2019 10:43 PM

Dec 2016
no one:
not a single person:
not even a soul:

yet another thread on mal: wHy DoEs aNiMe HaVe eCcHi FaNsErViCe
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 19, 2019 10:56 PM

Aug 2009
Tits are life. Ass is hometown.

Kenichirou Takaki is agreat man.

Aug 19, 2019 11:51 PM

Mar 2019
EndlessMaria said:
Ryuk9428 said:

I will just create my own work that takes place within a completely asexual world.

Fair enough. If you create the art yourself, I believe you should be allowed to do whatever you want with it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2019 12:22 AM

Mar 2019
shirorinkorin said:
Ryuk9428 said:

I think SEA countries are a lot more sensitive about sexual content. China is definitely more sensitive about it as well, there's quite a bit of censorship of media they consider inappropriate.

shirorinkorin said:
TheChaika said:
It is their culture, so I don't think so.

AraragiKoyomi said:
remember, anime is primarily made for the japanese, they're the target audience, so producers will continue making them as long as the content is selling...

btw, i'm not a fan of ecchi either, but it's something we (westerners) have to learn to cope with

EndlessMaria said:

ecchi is the cancer that refuses to die until enough people complain about it to make it a serious issue, then it can finally be put away for good and be remembered as an embarrassing chapter of cultural history.

i just simply avoid ecchi anime, except it have other purpose ( Ex: i watched Souma since i love the food and characters, no more no less ). i do the same with isekai.

A lot of guys in the West over the past 5 years or so, influenced by Western style feminism, have become very uncomfortable with portrayals of sexy girls and want to act like they are above it. That they don't like it and that it shouldn't exist because its "oppressive to women." And they want everyone to know that "they don't like fanservice" to show off that they are better than those cavemen who dare to enjoy seeing a sexy girl on TV.

So because they are frigid and can't accept their own sexual feelings, everybody else, including people who live in an entirely different country from theirs, needs to be uncomfortable with it too and show writers need to baby them so nothing ever makes them uncomfortable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2019 12:54 AM

Oct 2014
Ryuk9428 said:
shirorinkorin said:

I think SEA countries are a lot more sensitive about sexual content. China is definitely more sensitive about it as well, there's quite a bit of censorship of media they consider inappropriate.

shirorinkorin said:

A lot of guys in the West over the past 5 years or so, influenced by Western style feminism, have become very uncomfortable with portrayals of sexy girls and want to act like they are above it. That they don't like it and that it shouldn't exist because its "oppressive to women." And they want everyone to know that "they don't like fanservice" to show off that they are better than those cavemen who dare to enjoy seeing a sexy girl on TV.

So because they are frigid and can't accept their own sexual feelings, everybody else, including people who live in an entirely different country from theirs, needs to be uncomfortable with it too and show writers need to baby them so nothing ever makes them uncomfortable.

It is the whole Rock'n'roll all over again.

Ppl being scared of a new a different/counter cultural point of view that actually liberated ppl.

They view things only through one lens and thus ignore other point of views.
To others, the whole sexy thing (sex positive Feminism) feels Liberating.
Aug 20, 2019 12:59 AM

Nov 2013
lol @ ppl saying 'it's their culture'. Sex sells in every culture that I know. If we lived in a society where people spent a lot of money on anime, i.e. buying rather than streaming or pirating, buying products (especially products that aren't influenced with sexual values) and whatnot then I think we'd see a big decline in ecchi in anime.
Aug 20, 2019 1:36 AM

Mar 2019
Burenai said:
lol @ ppl saying 'it's their culture'. Sex sells in every culture that I know. If we lived in a society where people spent a lot of money on anime, i.e. buying rather than streaming or pirating, buying products (especially products that aren't influenced with sexual values) and whatnot then I think we'd see a big decline in ecchi in anime.

People in Japan do buy anime and spend real money on it. Pirating and streaming is not nearly as common in Japan as it is here. Ecchi anime is popular because the Japanese buy it.
Aug 20, 2019 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
Pirating and streaming is not nearly as common in Japan as it is here.

why should people living in japan, no matter what nationality they have ( i mean foreigners who study or works here) pirating anime? we can watch it freely on physical tv or website tv. buying the blu ray is a different thing though.
Aug 20, 2019 2:28 AM

Sep 2015
I hope not and i doubt it, ecchi is great.
Aug 20, 2019 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Burenai said:

i don't remember sex being a culture in any country, it is indeed sells good but saying that it is a part of culture is a bit rude no matter in what culture. anime is just a tip of an iceberg of japanese culture, anime is japan but japan is not anime. i often see people says, "western need to grow up like japan, anime and games didn't cause crime" or something like that. perfect country doesn't exist, in fact there are a lot of people who think like that in japan. otaku is minority in japan too and weebs(that's how you called it right?) need to understand that fact.simply watching anime doesn't make you an otaku, you made yourself an otaku by overdoing it ( it is not always a bad thing, sometimes i respect them because they are really passionate about it (what i mean is people who buy the merchandise, the physical copy, or anything anime related) but the main reason why i hate weebs are because most of them can only pirating it and don't even bother to support the creator but still bitching about the quality). and most of westerners that complaining why their favourite shows don't get a sequel never buy any physical copy of it. i don't mind if you are pirating an anime, but please keep it to yourself and don't brag about it. it is like saying, "hey guys i just stole 10000kg of gold from a bank and i'm very proud of myself".
Aug 20, 2019 2:42 AM

Mar 2019
shirorinkorin said:
Ryuk9428 said:
Pirating and streaming is not nearly as common in Japan as it is here.

why should people living in japan, no matter what nationality they have ( i mean foreigners who study or works here) pirating anime? we can watch it freely on physical tv or website tv. buying the blu ray is a different thing though.

Well I wasn't going into the reasons why. But in general, pirating is much more common here.
Aug 20, 2019 2:48 AM

Nov 2013
Ryuk9428 said:
Burenai said:

People in Japan do buy anime and spend real money on it. Pirating and streaming is not nearly as common in Japan as it is here. Ecchi anime is popular because the Japanese buy it.

If people spend so much on anime and manga, then how come so many people struggle make money off the industry even though they work so many hours?
The fact that it exists is an issue.
Third point isnt even an argument.
Aug 20, 2019 2:49 AM

Nov 2013
shirorinkorin said:
Burenai said:

i don't remember sex being a culture in any country, it is indeed sells good but saying that it is a part of culture is a bit rude no matter in what culture. anime is just a tip of an iceberg of japanese culture, anime is japan but japan is not anime. i often see people says, "western need to grow up like japan, anime and games didn't cause crime" or something like that. perfect country doesn't exist, in fact there are a lot of people who think like that in japan. otaku is minority in japan too and weebs(that's how you called it right?) need to understand that fact.simply watching anime doesn't make you an otaku, you made yourself an otaku by overdoing it ( it is not always a bad thing, sometimes i respect them because they are really passionate about it (what i mean is people who buy the merchandise, the physical copy, or anything anime related) but the main reason why i hate weebs are because most of them can only pirating it and don't even bother to support the creator but still bitching about the quality). and most of westerners that complaining why their favourite shows don't get a sequel never buy any physical copy of it. i don't mind if you are pirating an anime, but please keep it to yourself and don't brag about it. it is like saying, "hey guys i just stole 10000kg of gold from a bank and i'm very proud of myself".

I said sex sells in cultures, not sex is a culture.

If you need are going to argue against sex not being used as a product. I mean, study advertistments for 10 minutes, you'll probably change your mind quickly. Sex has been used a positive stimulus to sell products since ads pretty much existed. Not just a positive stimulus, but segregating women and men into separate cultures to sell products.

One small example: Female news reporters are attractive historically and even today. Sex is being used to sell you something all the time. This example is true in Eastern cultures and Western. You could make a very good argue that it's even a criteria to be hot to be a news reporter.
BurenaiAug 20, 2019 2:53 AM
Aug 20, 2019 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
Burenai said:
shirorinkorin said:

not you, i mean most of people on this thread. sorry if that trigger you
Aug 20, 2019 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
Burenai said:
If people spend so much on anime and manga, then how come so many people struggle make money off the industry even though they work so many hours?

about that i think you should do some research yourself, i can't say much about it since i'm too lazy to do research about it ( I work on game industry though, the only thing i could say is i got paid well (it depend on the person but i personally satisfied)).

Ecchi anime is popular because the Japanese buy it.

i rarely seen "Ecchi" being considered as a genre though, and i believe it is just international community thing.
for example : if you seen anime like "shokugeki no souma" on japanese site, it doesn't have "Ecchi" on the tag.
Aug 20, 2019 3:00 AM
Jul 2018
Burenai said:

If you need are going to argue against sex not being used as a product. I mean, study advertistments for 10 minutes, you'll probably change your mind quickly. Sex has been used a positive stimulus to sell products since ads pretty much existed. Not just a positive stimulus, but segregating women and men into separate cultures to sell products.

One small example: Female news reporters are attractive historically and even today. Sex is being used to sell you something all the time. This example is true in Eastern cultures and Western. You could make a very good argue that it's even a criteria to be hot to be a news reporter.

i'm actually agree with that, sorry if it looks like i disagree with that (probably because my bad english). the fact that it sells well is the reason why it still exist. my point is that most of people in this thread says sex is a japanese culture, no more no less.
Aug 20, 2019 3:06 AM

Mar 2019
Burenai said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Because the companies simply don't want to pay them. As you probably know, a lot of company executives are greedy and like to make as much money as possible. Anime is a 20 billion dollar industry and anime can be produced very cheaply compared to Hollywood films. There's no reasonable reason why anime creators can't be paid more, they just won't do it.

The fact that what exists is an issue?
The third point is the logical counterpoint to your argument that pirating is why ecchi is so popular given that pirating in Japan is very uncommon compared to in America.
Aug 20, 2019 3:06 AM

Oct 2014
Burenai said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Well I can explain the 1st point.

The reason is that thr animators aren't getting much of the profits.
Most profits go to the investors in the end.
Aug 20, 2019 4:22 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
shirorinkorin said:

i rarely seen "Ecchi" being considered as a genre though, and i believe it is just international community thing.
for example : if you seen anime like "shokugeki no souma" on japanese site, it doesn't have "Ecchi" on the tag.

I know what you're saying is true and this is off topic, but like

I'd argue Shokugeki shouldn't have the ecchi tag even on this site >_>

no way something that fucking tame and has fanservice that sparsely is a proper ecchi

Aug 20, 2019 4:27 AM

Mar 2019
shirorinkorin said:
Burenai said:

I've never seen anybody claim Japan is a utopia or a perfect society. From what I've seen, weebs simply like Japan and like to talk about its positive qualities and tend to look at what's good about the country. Why that's considered offensive to so many people is a mystery to me. But then again, there's way too many people out there who look for reasons to be offended. And people in general are a giant mystery to me. I've probably spent about 90% of my brainpower trying to figure out what's going on with other people.

There's a rule that for every negative thing you say about a person, you need to say three positive things to make up for the negative statement in that person's mind. Does the opposite principal apply to people talking about Japan? If you say three positive things about Japan you need to say one negative thing or else you're fetishizing them lol?

Shall we call this the weeaboo rule? If you fail to adhere to the ratio you're officially a weeb.
Aug 20, 2019 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
shirorinkorin said:

no way something that fucking tame and has fanservice that sparsely is a proper ecchi

okay then how about maken ki? it doesn't have ecchi on it
Aug 20, 2019 4:31 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
shirorinkorin said:
Manaban said:

okay then how about maken ki? it doesn't have ecchi on it

i'm just being a dickhead because i think it's incredibly stupid that shokugeki is treated like it's actually able to be in league with other series that has the tag on this site's DB, no need to try to appease me or pay me much mind xP

Aug 20, 2019 4:37 AM

Nov 2013
You brought up hollywood movies an an example, except they have again, historically used mass amounts of sex to sell their product. Idk if it's a good example.

Something didn't happen in this x scenario, so it can't be true! <- logical fallacy. Yes, piracy isn't as prevelant in japan in comparison to other places. That doesn't mean it's not an issue in Japan, let alone the entire world of consumers?

No, it's not a logical counterpoint.
It's another logical fallacy lol (the same as your second one)
Aug 20, 2019 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:

I've never seen anybody claim Japan is a utopia or a perfect society.

there is a lot of people like that though. not only foreigner, even there are japanese girls who think foreigner are better it is just world works like that. it is hard to be satisfied with your own country.

From what I've seen, weebs simply like Japan and like to talk about its positive qualities and tend to look at what's good about the country.

like what i already said, i don't have problem with that kind of person.
but people like this
most of them can only pirating it and don't even bother to support the creator but still bitching about the quality

most of westerners that complaining why their favourite shows don't get a sequel never buy any physical copy of it

I've probably spent about 90% of my brainpower trying to figure out what's going on with other people.

you should stop doing that, it just wasting your time

Aug 20, 2019 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
Will OP ever stop being a prude?

It's normal for shonen shows to have some ecchi, the target audience likes it.
Aug 20, 2019 4:58 AM

Mar 2019
Burenai said:
You brought up hollywood movies an an example, except they have again, historically used mass amounts of sex to sell their product. Idk if it's a good example.

Something didn't happen in this x scenario, so it can't be true! <- logical fallacy. Yes, piracy isn't as prevelant in japan in comparison to other places. That doesn't mean it's not an issue in Japan, let alone the entire world of consumers?

Why did you not quote me?

Hollywood movies have a different style from ecchi anime. Most of the whiners come from the "its oppressive to women" side of things. Hollywood knows a lot of people like that are in their audience and don't risk offending them so they portray their sexual content in a feminism friendly way. Ecchi isn't feminist friendly and is usually openly pandering to male sexual preferences, therefore, online criticism ensures from Westerners.

Crime in Canada is equivalent to crime in El Salvador because crime is not completely eradicated and does in-fact exist in Canada.

That's about the level of bad logic your argument has.

Piracy is significantly less common in Japan than in America. People buy and use money on anime products at a significantly higher rate in Japan in America.

Its not a logical fallacy to conclude then, that ecchi is profitable. Ecchi isn't popular cause of online piracy, its popular because the Japanese are buying it. Otakus especially love ecchi and they're the ones who tend to have the biggest collections of anime.
Aug 20, 2019 5:00 AM

Nov 2013
Ryuk9428 said:
Burenai said:

Why did you not quote me?

Hollywood movies have a different style from ecchi anime. Most of the whiners come from the "its oppressive to women" side of things. Hollywood knows a lot of people like that are in their audience and don't risk offending them so they portray their sexual content in a feminism friendly way. Ecchi isn't feminist friendly and is usually openly pandering to male sexual preferences, therefore, online criticism ensures from Westerners.

Crime in Canada is equivalent to crime in El Salvador because crime is not completely eradicated and does in-fact exist in Canada.

That's about the level of bad logic your argument has.

Piracy is significantly less common in Japan than in America. People buy and use money on anime products at a significantly higher rate in Japan in America.

Its not a logical fallacy to conclude then, that ecchi is profitable. Ecchi isn't popular cause of online piracy, its popular because the Japanese are buying it. Otakus especially love ecchi and they're the ones who tend to have the biggest collections of anime.

0 substance

wordlimittttttttttttttttttttttt.
Aug 20, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2017
The answer is simple: No. Because Japan doesn't give a shit about what the western audience thinks and won't produce their anime while thinking about the western audience.
Aug 20, 2019 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
shirorinkorin said:

I think this is a pretty important point. The way anime is perceived, categorized and consumed in Japan is completely different from in the west. Your average MAL user is just mainlining everything that comes out without regard to context or origin. So you see all these posts complaining about the prevalence of ecchi when it is really just that they are all watching anime that literally airs at 2AM and is intended for a specific audience that is basically a subculture.
Aug 20, 2019 5:09 AM

Mar 2019
shirorinkorin said:
Ryuk9428 said:

I've never seen anybody claim Japan is a utopia or a perfect society.

there is a lot of people like that though. not only foreigner, even there are japanese girls who think foreigner are better it is just world works like that. it is hard to be satisfied with your own country.

From what I've seen, weebs simply like Japan and like to talk about its positive qualities and tend to look at what's good about the country.

but people like this
most of them can only pirating it and don't even bother to support the creator but still bitching about the quality

most of westerners that complaining why their favourite shows don't get a sequel never buy any physical copy of it

I've probably spent about 90% of my brainpower trying to figure out what's going on with other people.

Yeah it wastes a lot of time but I just can't let go of an unsolved mystery.

I really have never heard anybody claim Japan is a utopia. If anything, there's more people on MAL that seem to love criticizing Japan because they want to signal to other people that they're not a weeb than there are japanophiles. Most of the japanophile type guys on MAL keep to themselves I've noticed.
Aug 20, 2019 5:13 AM

Mar 2019
Burenai said:

100% substance that I refused to look at or understand.

I fixed your post for you.

Aug 20, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2013
Ryuk9428 said:
Burenai said:

100% substance that I refused to look at or understand.

I fixed your post for you.

More like, I'm literally studying formal logic now, as I do philosophy electives for my major and I can see for CERTAIN you have no knowledge on logic and arguments. And I'm not the one to take the time to frivolously debate people on something I know and they don't. However, one example for you:

'Crime in Canada is equivalent to crime in El Salvador because crime is not completely eradicated and does in-fact exist in Canada.

That's about the level of bad logic your argument has.'

First of all the structure is

If p then q
Q
Therefore P

Secondly, 'referring to how bad logic your argument has' Where? You mean your own logical fallacy? Lol.
Aug 20, 2019 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
shirorinkorin said:

but people like this

Yeah it wastes a lot of time but I just can't let go of an unsolved mystery.

I really have never heard anybody claim Japan is a utopia. If anything, there's more people on MAL that seem to love criticizing Japan because they want to signal to other people that they're not a weeb than there are japanophiles. Most of the japanophile type guys on MAL keep to themselves I've noticed.

i'm not talking about MAL, i've only been here since january i don't know much about MAL. it is on the other side of internet and even real life
Aug 20, 2019 5:41 AM

Nov 2012
Don't bring your #metoo #gamergate BS into anime.... if you don't like it then don't watch it. You can go knit some yarn blankets or something....while we enjoy it.
--Toshi--Aug 20, 2019 5:45 AM
Aug 20, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Anime-is-King said:
Don't bring your #metoo #gamergate BS into anime.... if you don't like it then don't watch it.

what is BS? if you are kind enough to tell me about it
Aug 20, 2019 6:10 AM

Jun 2015
There's not even that much of it anymore. It's not like the '00s and early '10s where it was everywhere.

Every time there's a new trend, they always get oversaturated to the point where the public will eventually reject it. Shitty VN adaptations were all over the place in the '00s and they eventually died out. Isekai will also die soon enough when people get tired of seeing the same formula over and over again.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Aug 20, 2019 6:50 AM

Oct 2015
shirorinkorin said:
Anime-is-King said:
Don't bring your #metoo #gamergate BS into anime.... if you don't like it then don't watch it.

what is BS? if you are kind enough to tell me about it

It is acronym for bullshit. Don't pay mind to what he's saying though. It has zero relevance to the topic at hand and will likely spark really heated arguments, as does most posts in MAL.
Aug 20, 2019 9:03 AM

Jan 2018
Ecchi is a part of anime culture so I doubt that it could ever really go away but I suppose if enough people got bored of it and it stopped selling there would be less ecchi and focus more on other things that could get sales. Anime is an industry after all.
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Aug 20, 2019 9:51 AM

Jun 2019
Hmmm... do they prioritise ecchi though, I don't think so. Yeah, Japan has cute anime girls and they always will have but ecchi isn't that mainstream in Japanese anime unless of course, you're watching anime with genres related to it (seinen, ecchi etc.). The Japanese anime that I've watched so far have mostly tried to indulge in a deep story plus also trying to make it fun so that it doesn't become too complex and hard to understand.
Aug 20, 2019 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
beminim said:
sadly, I don't think so. Best to keep watching things that aren't heavy on it if it isn't your cup of tea. The ecchi moments were one of the reasons I dropped fireforce.

You can watch the censored version of fireforce
Aug 20, 2019 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Jese23 said:
beminim said:
sadly, I don't think so. Best to keep watching things that aren't heavy on it if it isn't your cup of tea. The ecchi moments were one of the reasons I dropped fireforce.

You can watch the censored version of fireforce
didn't know they had one. Unfortunately the characters are bland to me and the comedy is not funny in my eyes so I probably will never pick it up again... I love the op tho
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

55 by Rinenka »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

14 by Rinenka »»
13 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 50 minutes ago

9 by Kenzolo-folk »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

21 by Rinenka »»
18 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

56 by Ionliosite2 »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.