Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 17, 2019 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BABY WEI YING IS THE CUTEST <3 <3
Also bb Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng & Shijie scene was so softt

They merged/skimmed/skipped some scenes... HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO READ THE NOVEL IF YOU WANT THE FULL EXPERIENCE
(and/or listen to the audio drama as they follow the novel very closely)
XealiasAug 17, 2019 10:54 AM
Aug 17, 2019 11:05 AM
Apr 2018
Thank you for reminding me it dropped today!! I'm currently watching, and first off, I feel they are making up for the fact that WN's heroism was downplayed back during the Lotus Pier takeover. Bby came crashing thru the ceiling like a superhero hehe

Ahhh omg baby JYL is too precious 😭 I'm so happy they put in a version of that scene. With my obsessive knowledge of the book and the dozen or so Chinese words I understand I feel like I can understand a lot of these conversations lol, the WWX/JL "thank you and I'm sorry" conversation was made for Chinese beginners lol

WQ is freaking killing me dead rn.

I'm not understanding how they choose to do flashbacks. I mean, I get what's going on and how they're differing from the novel, but it's gotta be really confusing for donghua-only folks. I was thinking there would be another full flashback arc.

Geez... That last revisioned flashback was painful...

And finally... I can't believe they ended the ep right when WWX removed the nails and I gotta wait a week to see awakened WN ahhhh
IdknymkreAug 17, 2019 2:19 PM
Aug 18, 2019 6:19 AM

Aug 2010
Yalthamen said:
Thank you for reminding me it dropped today!! I'm currently watching, and first off, I feel they are making up for the fact that WN's heroism was downplayed back during the Lotus Pier takeover. Bby came crashing thru the ceiling like a superhero hehe

Ahhh omg baby JYL is too precious 😭 I'm so happy they put in a version of that scene. With my obsessive knowledge of the book and the dozen or so Chinese words I understand I feel like I can understand a lot of these conversations lol, the WWX/JL "thank you and I'm sorry" conversation was made for Chinese beginners lol

WQ is freaking killing me dead rn.

I'm not understanding how they choose to do flashbacks. I mean, I get what's going on and how they're differing from the novel, but it's gotta be really confusing for donghua-only folks. I was thinking there would be another full flashback arc.

Geez... That last revisioned flashback was painful...

And finally... I can't believe they ended the ep right when WWX removed the nails and I gotta wait a week to see awakened WN ahhhh

It's too bad they didn't show bb JYL carrying both of them but maybe it was too hard to draw and/or animate xD

Right now the flashbacks are like giving the viewers the essential plot points instead of storytelling, hope it's not too confusing for donghua-only watchers.
I do hope at least for the more important flashbacks like Jin Zixuan's death & Nightless City, they will adapt them fully.
Aug 18, 2019 7:09 AM

Aug 2008
lol i do not think weill be ny issues, seriously is not that hard to follow o.0 present and for flashbacks o.o
The spider is watching
Aug 18, 2019 8:12 AM
Apr 2018
Xealias said:

It's too bad they didn't show bb JYL carrying both of them but maybe it was too hard to draw and/or animate xD

I knoow maybe it was too much tenderness for the animators to even envision haha

Xealias said:

Right now the flashbacks are like giving the viewers the essential plot points instead of storytelling, hope it's not too confusing for donghua-only watchers.
I do hope at least for the more important flashbacks like Jin Zixuan's death & Nightless City, they will adapt them fully.

dany_elle1908 said:
lol i do not think weill be ny issues, seriously is not that hard to follow o.0 present and for flashbacks o.o

Are you donghua-only? I will be very happy if a donghua only person tells me it all makes sense haha. I just remember watching S1 for the first time before I read the novel and I was sooo confused lol
Aug 18, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2008
Yalthamen said:
Xealias said:

I knoow maybe it was too much tenderness for the animators to even envision haha

Xealias said:

dany_elle1908 said:

Are you donghua-only? I will be very happy if a donghua only person tells me it all makes sense haha. I just remember watching S1 for the first time before I read the novel and I was sooo confused lol

lol, no i'm not, but i did seen the first season before reading the novel, and didn't had no issue
one thing i missed although because didn't paid attention to the names
wen ning being ghost general:))))
The spider is watching
Aug 18, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2009
I really, really, really love the first season... But this season is shit.

Sasha_ATAug 18, 2019 10:11 AM
Aug 18, 2019 10:50 AM
Apr 2018
dany_elle1908 said:

lol, no i'm not, but i did seen the first season before reading the novel, and didn't had no issue

That's impressive lmao I had no idea what was going on, everyone looked the same to me and I was like, what's the deal with this guy, did he transmigrate or not he looks exactly the same lol. I thought they were just immortals the first time I watched.
IdknymkreAug 18, 2019 12:26 PM
Aug 18, 2019 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
Yalthamen said:
dany_elle1908 said:

That's impressive lmao I had no idea what was going on, everyone looked the same to me and I was like, what's the deal with this guy, did he transmigrated or not he looks exactly the same lol. I thought they were just immortals the first time I watched.

well seen few chinese before and i knew mostly they keepthe mc "face" even if goes in same body for example
but lol i managed to separate each character
hehe "pulls her glasses back on from her nose"
sadly because thisseason has 8 they are putting a lot and for others might look confusing
The spider is watching
Aug 18, 2019 12:24 PM
Apr 2018
dany_elle1908 said:
Yalthamen said:

That's impressive lmao I had no idea what was going on, everyone looked the same to me and I was like, what's the deal with this guy, did he transmigrated or not he looks exactly the same lol. I thought they were just immortals the first time I watched.

well seen few chinese before and i knew mostly they keepthe mc "face" even if goes in same body for example
but lol i managed to separate each character
hehe "pulls her glasses back on from her nose"
sadly because thisseason has 8 they are putting a lot and for others might look confusing

I had read tons of Chinese novels but never seen a transmigration donghua, which ones have you seen? I love donghua but only seen a few cultivation ones, spirit realm, ze tian ji, etc.

Oh and just some random comments to stay on topic for the episode 5 discussion, my main boi JC kept it harsh as always. Jiang wanyin spare some virtue! Naw I love that dude I loved his childhood fat face 😍
Aug 28, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2017
I always have a weak heart for baby weiying! god he's so cute, shijie and jiang cheng too♡ nice to see more of their childhood.
Also poor wen ning :"((( so thats how he died....he didnt deserve any of that...

Also that last minute :O didnt expecting that...

Man this series keep becoming more better, i hope more ppl give this series chance, trully beautiful and captivating series.
This the best episode so far of s2! Can't wait for the next ep!
Sep 2, 2019 11:41 PM
Jul 2018
What a BRILLIANT episode. It would be great to have seen Wei Wuxian burst into the room, where the clans were discussing something or the other, to confront them about Wen Ning's whereabouts but I guess they're trying to cut down the scenes. Nevertheless, I can still feel everyone's emotions SEETHING through the screen. Lan WangJi being as indecisive as always (it hurtsssss), Wen Yuan being the freaking adorable kid that he is I swear my heart couldn't handle the scene where he was being 'buried'. Jiang Cheng, oh Jiang Cheng.

In the novel it states that he was mostly unconscious when the Wen's were helping them hide and escape from, uh, the Wen's, so he wasn't fully aware of the pains they took in protecting the two.

I knew what to expect but I too felt like Wen-Qing when I saw my little cinnamon roll :C

I really wish they put in: Someday you'll say those words in tears, in the conversation WWX had with JL. It really helped to understand how important it is to say 'thank you' and 'I'm sorry', especially since WWX probably had experienced this before.

Anyway, I adored this episode. Dunno if it's too soon to tell but it's my favourite so far.
Sep 3, 2019 3:41 AM
May 2010
We got more Cheng WuXian scenes and they were like beginning and end for their good relationship, in shadows many hints of jealousy and understatements. WWX chose to leave Jiang Clan so it's like betraying every his promise. That was really sad.
And agitated Lan Zhan! <3 soooo cute! Of course chibi characters are extrimely lovely but still ;)
Sep 3, 2019 4:05 AM
Apr 2018
Lol teasing canon "If I hadn't run away would you have charged in and rescued me?"
Shijie just made me cry😥
Sep 3, 2019 4:36 AM

Mar 2016
Last episode, I'd said I wished for some development in Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian's relationship, and some more explanation as to why the former hates the latter. I didn't think I'd get exactly what I wanted this episode. Seriously, I am quite satisfied.

I love how they answer the questions little by little. Now, there is a chance that GusuLan has done something bad to Wen Ning. I have always thought of GusuLan as a just clan, and this episode is making me doubt it. Good job!!

Seeing a dead Wen Ning made me sad. He was so sweet and gentle; why would anyone want to kill him?

The slow motion rain animation gave me goosebumps. It was so beautiful and chilling!
Sep 3, 2019 5:16 AM

Sep 2017
Poor Wen Ning, he truly didn't deserve everything he got

Sep 3, 2019 5:39 AM
Oct 2018
At first I was really confused when I started watching the first season, but it looks like my questions are slowly being answered.
This episode was great and I loved the cute scenes in it. Uwu
Sep 3, 2019 6:33 AM
Nov 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Last episode, I'd said I wished for some development in Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian's relationship, and some more explanation as to why the former hates the latter. I didn't think I'd get exactly what I wanted this episode. Seriously, I am quite satisfied.

I love how they answer the questions little by little. Now, there is a chance that GusuLan has done something bad to Wen Ning. I have always thought of GusuLan as a just clan, and this episode is making me doubt it. Good job!!

Seeing a dead Wen Ning made me sad. He was so sweet and gentle; why would anyone want to kill him?

The slow motion rain animation gave me goosebumps. It was so beautiful and chilling!

I agree with you this episode was awesome... but I wish they show the part in the Novel that Wei asked Wen ning "who kill you?" and when Wen ning point out, Wei give him permission to kill everyone that abuse him!!

ahhh I wish they would have shown it!!! *cry in the corner*
Sep 3, 2019 7:17 AM

Sep 2016
omg im starting to see the bigger picture, so amazing!
Sep 3, 2019 7:39 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode so far!!!
Sep 3, 2019 7:49 AM

Aug 2019
Isn't Jin Ling cute? Look at that blush, like father, like son.

A-Yuan deserves so much more screen time!

And that scene with LWJ, he must be terrified when he found WWX' flute. The last time he found something belongs to WY lying on the ground, was the time with WWX's family bell. When he finds WWX back months later, WWY have become the yiling patriarch.

The author and the director though, they really know how to cause pain.They show you something beautiful, and smashed it in front of your eyes. And they will go extra miles to show you again how beautiful things were after that! The flashback- present-flashback narrative does make sense, doesn't it?

And they managed to kill whoever getting more screen time in the episode.
-- by the end of S2, you will find the only one left who seems to be on WWX' side , is the title of the show, Mo Dao Zu Shi himself.

Isn't that wonderful.

Sep 3, 2019 11:49 AM

Apr 2016
Episode 5 has been released with English subs on Kissanime in case you are interested.
Sep 3, 2019 12:35 PM

Dec 2016
enjoying the relationship between jc and wwx - you gotta appreciate how jc and lwj are the only one's to have realised who mo xuanyu really is. good episode overall, cleared up several questions.

same soundtrack playing between the jc/wwx's argument as was playing in the first season's episode 8 - anyone know its name?
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 3, 2019 12:45 PM

Apr 2016
photophobic said:
enjoying the relationship between jc and wwx - you gotta appreciate how jc and lwj are the only one's to have realised who mo xuanyu really is. good episode overall, cleared up several questions.

same soundtrack playing between the jc/wwx's argument as was playing in the first season's episode 8 - anyone know its name?

Here is a playlist of the Mo Dao Zu Shi soundtrack - https://soundcloud.com/bylenia-ulloa/sets/mo-dao-zu-shi

Maybe you can find what you are looking for.
Sep 3, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2015
I'm really lost by this series so far, I really cannot make sense of anything at this point in time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 3, 2019 8:03 PM

Jul 2009
Well the anime is certainly deviating from the source material a lot. Even the drama didn't change things that much.

I mean I guess ultimately it's going down the same route but I would've liked to see more of the clans involved and that political argument that went down at Koi Tower
Sep 4, 2019 2:31 AM

Oct 2018
Xealias said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

They merged/skimmed/skipped some scenes... HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO READ THE NOVEL IF YOU WANT THE FULL EXPERIENCE
Hey man i finished watching the TV Drama of this anime (The Untamed) idk if u watch it or not but if you did can you tell me is the TV Drama accurate to the Novel. THX
Sep 4, 2019 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
Isshin_Ashina said:
Xealias said:

Hey man i finished watching the TV Drama of this anime (The Untamed) idk if u watch it or not but if you did can you tell me is the TV Drama accurate to the Novel. THX

Nope. They've tweaked the plot a bit and out of all the adaptations it follows the original story the least. The donghua is slightly closer to the novel.

The manhua is even closer; it seems that the censorship hasn't been applied to it but it's rather confusing if you haven't read the novel beforehand. The audio drama is by far my favourite as they really try to follow the novel (there doesn't seem to be any censorship applied either so far).

Of course, the novel is even better (read it at exiled rebels scanlations, they just finished the translation and it's brilliant).
Sep 4, 2019 6:36 AM

May 2018
Time for flashback to see what happen in the past? I feel that this season will feel short unless there's more episodes like 2 cour. Hopefully they announce season 3 soon.
Sep 4, 2019 8:14 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
Time for flashback to see what happen in the past? I feel that this season will feel short unless there's more episodes like 2 cour. Hopefully they announce season 3 soon.

They already announced it along with a chibi-version donghua. No release date yet, though
Sep 4, 2019 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
@Isshin_Ashina
Some parts of The Untamed deviated from the novel a lot but interestingly enough, some parts followed the novel even closer than the donghua. Overall I think they tried their best to follow the novel.

@moshiyare
I love the audio drama too! The team puts sooo much effort into making it as perfect as possible :')
Sep 4, 2019 4:36 PM
Apr 2018
(chiming in on CQL vs donghua) The live action had much bigger broad plot deviations on a foundational level, and a ton of non-canon stuff in the beginning, BUT they kept a MASSIVE amount of scenes verbatim from the novel. I believe CQL changed things, like the transmigration and not having deranged severed limbs or corpse armies, based on what was practical to film.

The donghua makes less changes to the broader plot altogether, but (especially S2) changes basically every scene for the sake of abridgement. I believe all their changes are for the purpose of abridgement.

But both made the same huge, huge change when it comes to of WWX's involvement in certain things... Which basically turns it into a completely different story.

I truly hope all fans of this awesome series check out the novel! Translations are completed so no suffering through MTLs and weekly updates! And plz do not attempt to "pick up" where the donghua left off, as many things are fundamentally different.
Sep 4, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2018
Xealias said:
@Isshin_Ashina
Some parts of The Untamed deviated from the novel a lot but interestingly enough, some parts followed the novel even closer than the donghua. Overall I think they tried their best to follow the novel.

@moshiyare
I love the audio drama too! The team puts sooo much effort into making it as perfect as possible :')
Thanks for your info !!
Sep 5, 2019 8:40 AM
Nov 2016
Yalthamen said:
(chiming in on CQL vs donghua) The live action had much bigger broad plot deviations on a foundational level, and a ton of non-canon stuff in the beginning, BUT they kept a MASSIVE amount of scenes verbatim from the novel. I believe CQL changed things, like the transmigration and not having deranged severed limbs or corpse armies, based on what was practical to film.

The donghua makes less changes to the broader plot altogether, but (especially S2) changes basically every scene for the sake of abridgement. I believe all their changes are for the purpose of abridgement.

But both made the same huge, huge change when it comes to of WWX's involvement in certain things... Which basically turns it into a completely different story.

I truly hope all fans of this awesome series check out the novel! Translations are completed so no suffering through MTLs and weekly updates! And plz do not attempt to "pick up" where the donghua left off, as many things are fundamentally different.

we can start arguing about it, cause to me the live action was much more massy then dounge or we can just accept people like different things and move on. either way this statement seem pointless to me cause the dounge is different in many things from the live action, so there is no point in even compare them.

the changes are not even the same or better in any way, it just different, end of story. it all a matter of preference which is not a fact at all. I still love the dounge a lot and I don't think they did such a "bad" changes like Wei calling out Lan name in the first episode of the live action (wtf was that even?!)

and I think the dounge was created and meant for the fans that already read the novel, from the first place so....yeas.
Sep 5, 2019 12:19 PM

Feb 2010
Seeing the pain in Lan Wangji's expressions kills me every time...
Sep 5, 2019 1:44 PM
Apr 2018
Ko-me said:
Yalthamen said:

we can start arguing about it, cause to me the live action was much more massy then dounge or we can just accept people like different things and move on. either way this statement seem pointless to me cause the dounge is different in many things from the live action, so there is no point in even compare them.

the changes are not even the same or better in any way, it just different, end of story. it all a matter of preference which is not a fact at all. I still love the dounge a lot and I don't think they did such a "bad" changes like Wei calling out Lan name in the first episode of the live action (wtf was that even?!)

and I think the dounge was created and meant for the fans that already read the novel, from the first place so....yeas.

Eek I wasn't trying to argue I was just chiming in for the people asking how the donghua and live action deviated from the novel haha. I liked all versions and hope you enjoy them too😁
Sep 5, 2019 4:48 PM

Sep 2017
intense and sentimental episode. looking forward to the next one.
Sep 7, 2019 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was great; Wei wuxian is so good looking? I mean all of the characters are but damn. Boy I never knew that that kid that helped him and cheng would be that zombie general. I cried a bit.

Can anyone explain to me if the guy that kept him alive was the leader of the guys in yellow or the one who they were fighting in the first episode of this season? i got so confused...
Sep 7, 2019 10:49 AM
Apr 2018
beminim said:
This episode was great; Wei wuxian is so good looking? I mean all of the characters are but damn. Boy I never knew that that kid that helped him and cheng would be that zombie general. I cried a bit.

Can anyone explain to me if the guy that kept him alive was the leader of the guys in yellow or the one who they were fighting in the first episode of this season? i got so confused...

What guy who kept who alive? The guys in yellow are the LanlingJin Sect. In the flashbacks, their sect leader is Jin Guangshan, the guy holding the folding fan who says "I pity Young Master Wei wound up this way, demonic cultivation corrupts the spirit, etc etc"
IdknymkreSep 7, 2019 11:13 AM
Sep 7, 2019 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Yalthamen said:
beminim said:

What guy who kept who alive? The guys in yellow are the LanlingJin Sect. In the flashbacks, their sect leader is Jin Guangshan, the guy holding the folding fan who says "I pity Young Master Wei wound up this way, demonic cultivation corrupts the spirit, etc etc"
In the episode wei Wuxian did something to see in the memories of the zombie to see who had gotten him there or something, then when he saw who it was he seemed really confused... damn maybe i need to rewatch the episode.....
Sep 7, 2019 10:57 AM
Apr 2018
beminim said:
Yalthamen said:

In the episode wei Wuxian did something to see in the memories of the zombie to see who had gotten him there or something, then when he saw who it was he seemed really confused... damn maybe i need to rewatch the episode.....

Okay, so here's how it went down:

At the beginning of S2, they're fighting Wen Ruohan, the leader of the QishanWen Sect. At this point, Wen Ning is still alive-alive. When Wen Ruohan is killed, the Wen Sect falls.

After the war to defeat the Wens, the LanlingJin Sect imprisons Wen Ning and other nonviolent Wens, which is the flashback you saw on Episode 5. Wen Ning is killed. Wei Wuxian shows up to save them, and turns Wen Ning into a ferocious corpse.

Later, when the world turns against Wei Wuxian, the LanlingJin Sect (the guys in yellow) gets Wen Ning back and tells everyone they're going to "kill him" (aka destroy his corpse, since he's already dead lol) but they secretly kept him alive for research and experimentation.
Sep 7, 2019 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
Yalthamen said:
beminim said:

At the beginning of S2, they're fighting Wen Ruohan, the leader of the QishanWen Sect. At this point, Wen Ning is still alive-alive. When Wen Ruohan is killed, the Wen Sect falls.

After the war to defeat the Wens, the LanlingJin Sect imprisons Wen Ning and other nonviolent Wens, which is the flashback you saw on Episode 5. Wen Ning is killed. Wei Wuxian shows up to save them, and turns Wen Ning into a ferocious corpse.

Later, when the world turns against Wei Wuxian, the LanlingJin Sect (the guys in yellow) gets Wen Ning back and tells everyone they're going to "kill him" (aka destroy his corpse, since he's already dead lol) but they secretly kept him alive for research and experimentation.
your explanation helped me a whole lot. I don't know why i struggle so hard learning the different names... chinese seems hard...

I would say the langling sect is disgusting for experimenting and keeping alive a corpse, but then I guess wei wuxian is also doing the same thing since he is a demonic cultivator huh
Sep 7, 2019 11:05 AM
Apr 2018
beminim said:
Yalthamen said:

your explanation helped me a whole lot. I don't know why i struggle so hard learning the different names... chinese seems hard...

I would say the langling sect is disgusting for experimenting and keeping alive a corpse, but then I guess wei wuxian is also doing the same thing since he is a demonic cultivator huh

It was pretty different. Wei Wuxian brought him back and returned his consciousness to him. He did use Wen Ning as a weapon (which is why Wen Ning is the feared "Ghost General" who the whole world wanted dead) but generally saved Wen Ning and allowed him to continue living. After Wei Wuxian returns and realizes Wen Ning was never "destroyed", he notices Wen Ning had lost his consciousness. While WWX was dead and WN was being kept for experimentation, he had those nails put into his head and turned into a mindless ferocious corpse, and was wrapped in those chains, etc. So WWX was much more humane toward him, while he was basically tortured for experimentation the entire time WWX was dead. Now that WWX pulled out the nails at the end of episode 5, next you'll get to see Wen Ning get his consciousness back 😁
Sep 7, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Yalthamen said:
beminim said:

It was pretty different. Wei Wuxian brought him back and returned his consciousness to him. He did use Wen Ning as a weapon (which is why Wen Ning is the feared "Ghost General" who the whole world wanted dead) but generally saved Wen Ning and allowed him to continue living. After Wei Wuxian returns and realizes Wen Ning was never "destroyed", he notices Wen Ning had lost his consciousness. While WWX was dead and WN was being kept for experimentation, he had those nails put into his head and turned into a mindless ferocious corpse, and was wrapped in those chains, etc. So WWX was much more humane toward him, while he was basically tortured for experimentation the entire time WWX was dead. Now that WWX pulled out the nails at the end of episode 5, next you'll get to see Wen Ning get his consciousness back 😁
he was a good boy.... a bit scaredy but a good boy, i hope things work out.... also never said thank you in my post, so thanks a lot for the explanation ^^
Sep 7, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2018
beminim said:
Yalthamen said:

he was a good boy.... a bit scaredy but a good boy, i hope things work out.... also never said thank you in my post, so thanks a lot for the explanation ^^

No problem I'm a fanatic about this series so I don't mind explaining anything lmao 🧡
Sep 7, 2019 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Yalthamen said:
beminim said:

No problem I'm a fanatic about this series so I don't mind explaining anything lmao 🧡
I like it a lot! i didn't watch anime last year or very little so I had no idea what this was about. I kept seeing images of lang wangji and wei wuxian all over tumblr, so i was curious, but i thought to myself, it might just be a queerbait anime like almost all sports naime and shows like that, but apparently they are a couple? obviously in china they have to censor because of the rampant homophobia but i am happy to know this power couple is canon lmao.
Sep 7, 2019 11:20 AM
Apr 2018
beminim said:
Yalthamen said:

I like it a lot! i didn't watch anime last year or very little so I had no idea what this was about. I kept seeing images of lang wangji and wei wuxian all over tumblr, so i was curious, but i thought to myself, it might just be a queerbait anime like almost all sports naime and shows like that, but apparently they are a couple? obviously in china they have to censor because of the rampant homophobia but i am happy to know this power couple is canon lmao.

If you enjoy it I highly recommend reading the novel! If you like BL stories, the novel is sooo romantic. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji have an amaaazing love story, and that element makes the entire plot much deeper. The novel is also much more intense in general, and the show will make 100x more sense if you read it haha. Yeah it's a shame about Chinese censorship, but rest assured it is a very gay in canon lmao
Sep 7, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Yalthamen said:
beminim said:

If you enjoy it I highly recommend reading the novel! If you like BL stories, the novel is sooo romantic. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji have an amaaazing love story, and that element makes the entire plot much deeper. The novel is also much more intense in general, and the show will make 100x more sense if you read it haha. Yeah it's a shame about Chinese censorship, but rest assured it is a very gay in canon lmao
Last time someone was kind enough to tell me where to read the novel but I haven't had enough time lmao, I might read it once the climate starts getting chilly, somehow i think I would love it by then lol

I like BL but it is very hard to find good stuff with actual healthy ships, so im happy this is one <3
Sep 12, 2019 1:54 AM
Sep 2010
Sasha_AT said:

after looking at your 9s and 10s I would lov to know why your not enjoying this season as much as the first
stuySep 12, 2019 2:00 AM
Sep 15, 2019 7:31 AM

Jul 2009
stuy said:
Sasha_AT said:

after looking at your 9s and 10s I would lov to know why your not enjoying this season as much as the first

you said that for my sequel record?

Well, anyway... I took the first season like a summary, so all ok with that season. Now, this second season is too summary for me, the best drama moments of MDZS happened on this season and were chopped without mercy... BUT, after 6-7, I realized this is not a summary, it is more like a minirework. So, actually I don't care anymore.

"is shit" now is "it´s ok for a minirework"

P.D:
Watch THE UNTAMED.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 2, 2019

24 by KuroKen15 »»
Feb 15, 12:05 PM

» Are you confused?

Idknymkre - Aug 7, 2019

14 by serina7 »»
Feb 7, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 3, 2019

28 by samyllazevedo »»
Oct 2, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 23, 2019

51 by iamnameers »»
Feb 4, 2023 8:38 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 31, 2019

50 by diorcula »»
Jan 31, 2023 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.