Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 4, 2019 8:21 PM
May 2016
Fun and enjoyable. Could do without the Kanata being completely dense about the romance stuff cause I'm sick of that cliche. Also called Ulgar or Yunhua was the traitor so good to see I wasn't wrong cause it was pretty predictable. Regardless I'm excited to see what happens next.
Aug 4, 2019 9:44 PM

Sep 2010
It would be so cliche if Ulgar was the enemy lol. Wonder what Luca's father did to Ulgar's family to make Ulgar put a gun to Luca's head?? He looked quite shocked when Luca told him his family name. UGH what a cliffhanger
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 6, 2019 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
I felt a little sorry when I saw the Gruppies chasing the ship. Goodbye Gruppies.

Oh no, not again the goddamn trope of the girl cutting her hair. I mean, she looks good either way but I'm sick of that trope that interferes with my taste for long-haired girls. RIP Yunhua's hair.

Now, about her body, she is certainly big... in the right places. DAMN!

Aries too. Very nice body Aries!!! <3

Quitterie also has a nice figure but Aries is my absolute favorite, she is so cute... and Kanata so stupid lol.

Those parents don't give a shit about their kids or at least they seemed too calm except for Aries' mother. Too suspicious to not be part of a big conspiracy. And of course Ulgar is not the traitor, it seems to me more of a personal grudge against that political guy.

Anyway, fun episode as always, things are getting more interesting now having also the point of view of what happens on Earth.
Aug 7, 2019 9:24 AM

Jun 2017
There's only one thing I find shocking in this episode. Luca is a boy after all! I just found that out in episode 5!!! Loool

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 7, 2019 11:54 AM

Sep 2012
kuraharah said:
Right, it's time for some forced romance between characters that have barely even spoken to each other on screen and have no chemistry whatsoever. Because the writing wasn't terrible enough without it.

Is it so strange for a young girl like aries to fall for a handsome guy that is extremely confident and has risked his own life to save her?
Aug 7, 2019 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
Tsukizono said:
Carp82 said:
I'm still waiting for it to be revealed that Luca is a girl. "He" just so happens to refuse to go swimming and thus having to take of "his" shirt. But as to why "he" has been lying about being a girl? Perhaps Luca is the assassin and disguising her gender is a part of her plan. And this grade school "boy" just so happens to be able to give a girl a stylish haircut? Come on...

....There are plenty of male barbers who can cut feminine hairstyles. That does not mean anything. I don't think Luca is a girl, he's just androgynous, if he was a girl they would have went more lengths to hide it with his design.

I don't want to spoil the real situation, but Luca always had a completely male gender identity. And this is not even the case of Lily from Zombieland Saga.
Aug 14, 2019 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
That looks like a great planet for a vacation!

Everything was going nice, until Ulgar pulled the gun on Luca. What does Ulgar have against Luca's father?

Aug 15, 2019 4:54 PM
Jan 2017
Astra Lost in Space continues to deliver! Our merry band of adventures take a break from their journey home and have a little vacation on a beach planet. Unfortunately, what should have been a nice, relaxing vacation ends with a shocking twist, as the traitor stands revealed… or so it seems. I have to ask: is Ulgar really the traitor if it's just something to throw viewers off? We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Meanwhile, the children's parents are forced to consider the bitter possibility that their children might never come back. Even if Aries' mother wants to remain optimistic, the other parents want a realistic chance to see their children again. Unfortunately, this happens to be very true in disappearance cases, as family members want an actual chance to get their loved ones back and empty hopes are completely useless for them.

This show is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only did the episode advance the main narrative, it also managed to be a nice character piece for the main cast. Hopefully, the show will keep the momentum and deliver yet another amazing episode next week.
Aug 17, 2019 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
Quitterie in a swimsuit, my eyes have been blessed lol. Thank you, kami-sama. Yuhuan with short hair looks... generic.

Ulgar hiding something is predictable, but what will be more interesting to learn is his motive. Probably something to do with Luca's dad. Speaking of the parents, Aries' mom seemed like the only person in the meeting room who genuinely cared for her daughter. Quite saddening to see.
SkittlesAug 17, 2019 2:03 PM
Aug 17, 2019 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
What's with these parents?! Do they just not give a shit about their kids?! Save Quitterie's mom...
Aug 18, 2019 3:40 AM

Apr 2019
WolfWood37 said:
What's with these parents?! Do they just not give a shit about their kids?! Save Quitterie's mom...

you mean Aries Mom
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 18, 2019 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
Nim0174 said:
WolfWood37 said:

you mean Aries Mom

Yeah I meant Aries mom, still memorizing everyone's name.
Aug 20, 2019 8:53 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty calm episode, gotta feel bad for the parents, even though pretty much all of them didn't really seem to care lmao, watching this show after already reading the manga has been a pretty solid experience so far, if anything this show is better on a second viewing
TheFreycookAug 20, 2019 8:57 PM
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 21, 2019 10:20 PM
Nov 2016
Ugh, more cringey emotional displays. Give it a rest already.
Sep 1, 2019 4:06 AM

Dec 2010
We got our beach episode so early, how are we going to relax in the future when we really need it?
Sep 4, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2019
So they ruined ユンファ's appearance as I feared. Cut to their parents back on Earth (?) where they've mostly given up hope on any of their children surviving after searching the original planet they went to, coming up with nothing. Hopefully it's not a regular thing as it kind of breaks the fantasy adventure atmosphere of the show. It's revealed that ルカ's father is a famous politician. When ウルガー finds out that fact he pulls out a real life gun and points it at her, roll credits. Good, we're not going to keep playing the guessing game about who's the "bad guy" anymore, although they kind of abandoned that themselves over the last few episodes anyway. That's it for major plot points. As for the actual content of the episode: they somehow managed to make a beach episode in space. Mostly just a fun trip to the paradise planet filled with light-hearted comedy and a few crushes possibly revealed. Overall a good episode, but I hope they continue to stick to the space side of things, I really don't care about the Earth politics.
Sep 5, 2019 1:23 AM

Dec 2016
Oh hell, everything was going so well and they HAD to ruin everything with forced fanservice. Guess not even a fucking lost in space sci-fi adventure tale can escape from beach episodes. But well, this is still an anime after all, so it's not like I should feel surprised lol.
Sep 20, 2019 3:58 PM
Mar 2018
They were overdue for a break and it was really good to see how things are going back on earth. That said, I was going to go to sleep after this episode but that's no longer the plan. I am sure Ulgar is not the true enemy but that twist at the end is really something. I have to watch the next episode...
Oct 3, 2019 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
A space beach episode with swimsuits, and everything a beach episode could ever need! Oh my, the Sasuke-looking guy at the end is "the enemy."
Oct 4, 2019 3:33 AM

Nov 2018
Quittorie calling Yunhua pretty damn cute was shippy. It's nice to see her have character development.
Oh... I wish Yunhua kept her long hair and just cut the bangs, there's already Aries with a similar length, not to mention Luca too with the same hairstyle. But I guess if she wanted it then it can't be helped.
Arie's mom is a good parent, most of them seem so lifeless and fake. Charce's mom seems decent too though.
The "yummy"s keep evolving.
Quittorie is totally set on shipping Aries and Kanata, nice.
I felt this before too but the ED song is really good. Although the OP is nice as well.
Oct 8, 2019 5:49 PM
Oct 2019
Kimurah said:
Nothing shouts harder the words, "generic, seasonal and forgetable" than a beach episode.

The meeting with all the parents only enhances the huge plothole from the first episode. A mountain school trip requires a teacher or tutor to guide them through a risky expedition, but a space travel with hundreds or even thousands of light years distance into space doesn't require them to have an adult to supervise or at the very least to drop them off at the doorsteps of a safe camp or building with other adults taking care of all the minors.

This planet looks even lazier and generic than the other ones, just a small island in a huge planet covered with water and 2 living species (fish and birds), but tons of fruits that even look like the ones on earth. I also wonder where did they get that lazy chair that Quittery was using to get a tan.

Lets also forget that wormhole-kun is a thing of the past, so spending a week in this planet with the least protective gear sounds quite reasonable /s

Guess this was Sasuke/Ulgar's turn to jump into the story, can't wait to hear more of the edge and resentement of this angst teenager towards daddy and Luca's family.

At least I'll have to give them credit for finally doing a segment of the story that's not solved in a single episode like the previous ones, and for introducing the element of embeding memories into people (probably like Total Recall) as a bigger part of the 2nd act of the story.

What kimura the elites turn off his brian on this ep? Nonsense
Oct 9, 2019 9:15 AM

Oct 2013
And in this episode we witness the rare congregation of anime parents. Truly a rare sighting, indeed. Please take your screenshots, because such a phenomenon might not be observed for another ten billion years.

This turned into much, MUCH less of a "survival anime" than I expected after the first episode... which is okay, I guess, since the plot is still moving forward. I get the feeling of an identity crisis where the story's playing with multiple types of plot elements but doesn't have the time to make any of them particularly compelling. Hopefully the back half of the story picks it up on the political mystery (which is the direction I currently see this heading based on the cues with Luca's father and the sci-fi foreshadowing) end.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 12, 2019 5:14 AM

Nov 2014
A beach episode ... something that could never be missed from most of anime lol...
what a nice refreshing episode, chilling out in the beach.
that subtle romantic hint from the girls were cute & adorable too, i wonder if any of the "ships" really sailed at the end.

judging from the meeting, every parents except Aries's were kinda didn't care toward their son/daughter, did they really wanna get rid of their child, or any hatred or something.. i'm really curious.. and especially at that cliffhanger tho, i dont think Ulgar wasn the traitor, but he got something between him(his father...) with Luca's dad.
Oct 24, 2019 5:42 PM

Sep 2016
Welp, this episode is enforcing my hypotesis of abandoning, all parents besides Aries' do not seem really emotionally involved, but seem to be pretending to care.

The end of the episode tho...but I don't think it is like it seems.
This is probably families' rivalry and has nothing to do with the culprit, I say.
bruh
Dec 1, 2019 1:07 AM

Mar 2015
Appreciated the fanservice! But I think there's more to Ulgar's coming out as the "enemy" than we can safely assume!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 2, 2020 2:07 AM

Jul 2015
Holy crap, didn't expect Ulgar to react like that after getting to know who Luca's dad is

Jan 15, 2020 9:13 PM

Mar 2017
I'm going to be so attached to the Gruppies ;-;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 15, 2020 9:34 PM

Mar 2017
Bruh saw that coming ://

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 5, 2020 12:10 PM

Dec 2018
i think some of the kids are clones. ulgar is not the enemy the other kid is. some kind of political situation, like maybe they were all part of some experiment the government wants to cover up. still want to know why the ship was there in e1. perhaps an insider threw them a life raft.
Mar 4, 2020 7:04 AM

Oct 2009
really luv this anime. even the typical anime beach episode was fun!
Apr 9, 2020 7:53 PM

Jan 2019
The tonal shifts in this episode were wild.

Going from Grieving Parents Support Group to the fan service of the beach to Ulgar pulling the gun out- my heart couldn't keep up.
Apr 17, 2020 3:19 AM

Feb 2018
This is paradise xD but...
Apr 18, 2020 2:19 PM

Feb 2019
It's nice to see Yunhua has opened her heart more.

While the parents are worried asf the gang is having fun on Paradise lol. Kanata is such a big dork XD
Based_DepartmentApr 18, 2020 2:33 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 24, 2020 2:16 AM

Feb 2016
Had to fast forward most of the episode; so annoying -I'm about 1 lackluster episode from dropping.
Since they randomly brought in the whole DNA database thing; perhaps they are actually clones of their parents and the parents are trying to cover up the illegal cloning by getting rid of the evidence before it is exposed in the database.
Oct 4, 2020 9:52 PM

Sep 2018
Their parents are so emotionless, only Mrs Spring is really worried about her daughter.

Why Ulgar is mad to Esposito clan? Luca is not enemy to him! Why he needs to vent out his anger to him?!
Nov 16, 2020 8:29 AM

Mar 2012
Beach episodes are the worst episodes, wasn't expecting this anime to have one as well considering that they are lost in space.
May 10, 2021 9:53 AM

Aug 2018
Beach episode and fan service in space adventure series, nice. While their parents (actually only one parent) worried about their kids, the kids was actually having the time of their life lol.

Whoa... is the broody dude might be the real impostor? Too early I think.
ApakabarMay 10, 2021 9:57 AM
Aug 2, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was pretty good.
Also it’s hard to believe that Luca is a female. I have a feeling that he’s intersex.
I could be wrong. That could explain it.
Nov 29, 2021 8:15 AM

Mar 2013
So we finally get to see their parents, well some of them. I was wondering when they will show up, if whether we will get their side or if we will get a scene where they are investigating the current whereabouts of their children.

I gotta love the love/girls talk earlier. Especially Aries and Quitterie's conversation of shipping is really fun to watch but we have some dense guys so they won't probably advance that much... lmao XD
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 11, 2022 7:40 AM

Apr 2019
Well talk about a reveal. Ulgar just showing up with a gun pointed at Luca wasn't surprising yet simultaneously being surprising.

I personally think that he might not be the traitor, but he knows that there is one; and is there to stop them. But that's just my take on the situation.

I would like to see the parents more. Because Ulgar pointing that gun at Luca, almost definitely, has something to do with their parents.
Mar 8, 2022 2:16 PM

Jan 2016
I absolutely love Quittrie, her reactions are hilarious plus the Dub VA is killing it.

Apr 7, 2022 1:26 PM

Nov 2007
I loved every second if this episode.
This show should've been twice as long with more slice of life elements so the characters can get more depth.
Apr 21, 2022 6:59 PM

Jun 2012
wtf why is everyone surprised the anti-social one has a gun?
Nov 8, 2022 7:00 AM

Oct 2022
I just hope the parents or anyone didn't do anything fucked up to the kids and just send them to the space for their death. I mean, yeah that's bad, but not so bad like "hey you were clones the whole time" or "hey we are using your DNA on some shit", or something creepy like that.
Jun 6, 2023 4:06 PM

Aug 2019
Well I saw that coming lol

There are a few things I have mixed feelings about in this episode. First, I do like how we go back to earth and see how the parents are handling their kids disappearing. I thought it was interesting and convinced me a bit further that the school might have something to do with them disappearing. But did we seriously need a beach episode? 🤦‍♂️ That honestly felt really dumb. The rest of the episode is Aries and the other girls talking about Kanata and Zack, and Luca going fishing with Ulgard, only for him to point a gun at her head at the end. Overall this episode was okay imo. I also kind of don't like Yunhua's quick change from the last episode to here. Idk I feel like it should've been a slower change where we see her come out of her shell over time, but whatever
Jul 16, 2023 10:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So the one that they all should've suspect from the beginning turns out to actually indeed be the assassin-

But probably not, Ulgar is probably just angry at what Luca's dad did to him or his family or whatever.

Anyway, they were fishing at a spot a ways from their camp site, right? Did Ulgar really wait until they got back to the group to flaunt his gun and threaten to kill Luca in front of everybody, in the midst of them all believing there was an assassin among them?? HUH?? Will they would've suspect him anyway if he killed Luca earlier, and then they would all wonder where Luca went, and then recall that the last time they saw him he was leaving to go fishing with Ulgar. Eh, whatever, there's probably nothing complex to think about here....

....or maybe there is, and something else is really going on

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 8, 2023 4:50 PM

Jan 2019
The parents are super sus giving up that easily.

And they mentioned genome sequencing, cloned species and memory transfers all in one episode, that's no coincidence.

The blondes are almost certainly clones, they look too similar to not have the same parent. Hell, they could all be clones with fake memories, maybe they're even clones of their parents.

Nov 30, 2023 1:09 AM

Nov 2023
WOw, nice, I would love to live in that planet, but of course with sci fi stuff because I don't want to hunt down animal species but rather just live there for free
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

201 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 3, 12:55 AM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.