Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 18, 2019 2:42 AM

May 2015
Moooooooooooom, I like butterflies now!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 18, 2019 3:06 AM

Oct 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Episode 20 was actually better than overhyped epusode 19
The fact that the demon was stilla live after last episode took away from that scene but it didn't matter cause shinobu and tomioka showed up and MAN finally some good characters in this show
I really hope they become more of a presence in the story

It wasn't better for me, but I almost enjoyed it just as much, it was a really good episode

Many just don't like it because it wasn't Tanjirou who killed Rui in the end
Aug 18, 2019 3:12 AM

Aug 2013
So we go from people complaining Tanjiro killing Rui at the end of last week was an asspull move typical of shounen anime to whining that Tanjiro didn't get the kill and Tomioki just stole the show? Guys, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Like as much as it was lit and intense last week...having it turn out the way it did in this week's ep was a pleasant surprise. It shows the difference in skill between someone at Tanjiro's level and a Hashira. Also...Shinobu is a badass.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 18, 2019 3:31 AM

Apr 2017
Awesome, a slower episode was necessary after all those action-packed episodes. Ofc, that's only my opinion.

I feel bad for that Kizuki's "family". But they'd be dead long ago if he hadn't saved them from Demon Slayer Corps.
Aug 18, 2019 4:00 AM

Mar 2019
What an awful episode. Not even a second of Zenitsu on screen.
Aug 18, 2019 4:13 AM
Feb 2017
it makes sense that tanjiro didn’t get that win, and it’s probably for the best, considering it’s one of the twelve, but i was still a little disappointed. made it seem like the run up from last episode and the family/sibling power was all pointless, and then giyuu showing up and finishing the guy off in 10 seconds really downplayed everything tanjiro did last episode. but, as somebody who’s only watched the anime, im assuming everything has a reason, and giyuu IS a hashira (?) after all.

shinobu is an interesting character, im still debating whether she’s a demon herself. the way she went about killing (and describing how she would torture) the demon made my skin crawl. i am excited to see more of her too.

also wondering if anything will come out of tanjiro using the fire dance kagura (?) since seemingly nobody else saw him use it, and assuming his sister still can’t talk. im curious to if he’ll tell anybody about it or not too
Aug 18, 2019 5:21 AM

Feb 2014
Most of us must've concluded after last week's spectacular episode that Tanjiro won his fight against Rui. However, that was not the case at all. Rui made a last-second decision to sever his own head before Tanjiro's sword made any contact.

With Tanjiro pretty much immobile after his attack, Rui was certain that he would get the final blow. Thankfully, Giyuu finally arrived in time and with his eleventh form from his sword, he made easy work of Rui and finished him off with a simple slice on his neck.

Rui's "sister" was the only one remaining and while she was running, we got treated to her backstory and how she first met Rui, who saved her life from the demon hunters. Rui's family was simply a mis-match of other people who had no other choice but to become a family in order to survive. As was shown in her backstory, Rui didn't take kindly to any of his siblings or "mother" when they tried to run away or simply reverting back to their previous form that they couldn't prevent themselves from happening. It sums up how nasty Rui is.

The sister's time was certainly up when Shinobu caught up to her and asked her some questions. Shinobu's cute and kind, but the way she kept that type of demeanour up while interrogating the sister spider made her pretty scary. I'd rather deal with an angry Giyuu than an angry Shinobu! X3

Shinobu's sword looks tiny compared to all the other blades that have been shown so far, but her speciality is poison that kills the demons from the inside, and it was shown to great effect as the poison killed the spider girl very quickly.

This was a great episode and while it won't hold a candle to last week's superb episode, it's still great to see ufotable's quality in their art and animation staying at a consistently high standard. =)
Aug 18, 2019 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
One of the things I like about this series is they really aren't bluffing about the strength of the Twelve Demon Moons. Remember Rui is Lower Moon Five, the second weakest, and you can just imagine how things escalate. I could go into a bit more but I feel I'd be spoiling too much.
Aug 18, 2019 6:00 AM

Feb 2016
ShanAsuna said:
HereticHunter said:
@Oniichan-Senpai

It isn't if Tanjiro won or not, if he got his new power or not, if Giyuu stole the show or not, those things are fine if they are done correctly (Sorry if I can't just speak my damn mind, I've been processing this episode through the day)

The problem is how Ufotable has been doing unnecessary cliffhangers by dragging things up, the pacing has been unbearably slow and it really hurts the anime. They should have ended Ep 19 with Giyuu saving the day instead of moving it to the start of Ep 20. They put way too much effort portraying this familiar bonds theme that the conclusion shown in Ep 20 feels disappointing. That's all

I prefer ep 19 the way it is. Familial bond is one of KNY's main theme anyway (it sort of reminds me of Edward and Alphonse in FMB, of course FMB had more than 70 episodes to make that relationship a legendary one).

The way I see it, is that after all that display, on ep 20 we see how this Rui barely got a scratch (It could have been more convincing if he actually received some damage) and then, after all that, the conclusion to that fight is this guy who one shot Rui and that's it. That's why I felt it disappointing in comparison to Ep 19. It killed Tanjiro's momentum to me.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 18, 2019 6:10 AM

Feb 2016
DedPanda said:
So we go from people complaining Tanjiro killing Rui at the end of last week was an asspull move typical of shounen anime to whining that Tanjiro didn't get the kill and Tomioki just stole the show? Guys, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Like as much as it was lit and intense last week...having it turn out the way it did in this week's ep was a pleasant surprise. It shows the difference in skill between someone at Tanjiro's level and a Hashira. Also...Shinobu is a badass.

Bullshit, I can have a cake and eat it too. xP

Jokes aside, my complaint is that ep 20 killed the momentum of last episode. Of course I didn't expect Tanjiro to win, but the conclusion to this fight was rather disappointing in comparison to all that emotional display in ep 19, which almost made it look pointless. It would have been more convincing to me if Rui took some damage (after all, most of the attack were AoE, or did look that way) Being that the reason as to why Giyuu killed him effortlessly.
~Blackwall
Aug 18, 2019 6:24 AM

Dec 2016
HereticHunter said:
DedPanda said:

Jokes aside, my complaint is that ep 20 killed the momentum of last episode. Of course I didn't expect Tanjiro to win, but the conclusion to this fight was rather disappointing in comparison to all that emotional display in ep 19, which almost made it look pointless. It would have been more convincing to me if Rui took some damage (after all, most of the attack were AoE, or did look that way) Being that the reason as to why Giyuu killed him effortlessly.

It wasn't pointless, it unlock to Tanjirou a new power for him to work toward understand it origin and how to use it better and Nezuko gain her Demon Blood Art, which will be important in the future.
Aug 18, 2019 7:04 AM

Sep 2018
Well after the amazing ep 19 this was quite a let down....i still liked the episode but of course it can't hold the Quality.

While i liked the backstory for the Demons i think its kinda sad they only got backstory to give their death more weight not to make them actual Characters.
Aug 18, 2019 7:30 AM

Feb 2016
ExaltedChampion said:
HereticHunter said:

It wasn't pointless, it unlock to Tanjirou a new power for him to work toward understand it origin and how to use it better and Nezuko gain her Demon Blood Art, which will be important in the future.

I didn't say it was pointless, I said it ALMOST made it look pointless.
~Blackwall
Aug 18, 2019 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
In the end, the Hashira level that is Giyuu does what Tanjirou can't, the Eleventh Form Water Breathing Technique to finally slay Rui. Not that I've ever expected Tanjirou to hit his limits then and there (and to win/lose), Giyuu's perfection meant that there's still room for Tanjirou to grow. Tanjirou sure wasn't ready for the 12 Kizuki, if slaying Rui the Lower Fifth was already tough to begin with, and having a Hashira level demon slayer succeeding meant that he still has a lot way to go

It's safe to say that with all the hype from last episode, this episode was still a good follow-up into the life of the sister who wanted to run away from Rui, but by all accounts failed to do so.

In retrospect, Shinobu the butterfly demon slayer needs no introduction. Innocent as she is, she's the definition of: Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Don't ever try to sweet talk her, that's for sure.

Everyone might complain that for such an episode that follows up from last week is such a letdown, but I beg to differ. Familial bond is the subject of ridicule and base point, and understanding from both Tanjirou (and Nezuko) along with Rui's standpoint of "playing house" reaps major benefits but with even bigger consequences.
KANLen09Aug 18, 2019 8:38 AM
Aug 18, 2019 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
It was very satisfying to see Shinobu kill that demon bitch. She is the epitome of what most people are like in the real world.
Aug 18, 2019 9:34 AM

Jun 2016
Shinobu looks like a psychopath/yandere to me, I don’t really like her character. I guess I’m on the minority. I want to see less screen time for her.
Aug 18, 2019 11:11 AM
Dec 2015
I was more than a little disappointed in this episode, I feel like it kinda ruined everything that happened at the end of the last episode. Or at least, if not ruined, Strongly diminished the significance of what happened last episode.
Aug 18, 2019 12:51 PM
May 2018
this anime is so freaking awesome!
Aug 18, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2009
Shinobu best girl.
Aug 18, 2019 2:55 PM

Sep 2017
great episode. looking forward to the next one! i do wanna see more of Kocho and Giyu
Aug 18, 2019 3:34 PM

Jan 2019
I like Shinobu :)))))
Aug 18, 2019 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
The backstory was macabre Creating a family to help recover his memories.
Both pillars were impressive. Neither demon had a chance.
Aug 19, 2019 2:38 AM

May 2019
I really loved the exploration of Rui's psychology. The fact that he was still fixated on his 'family' even in death was brilliant. I can't wait to see the functionality of the rest of the Kizuki.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 19, 2019 3:07 AM

Oct 2009
I am in love with Shinobu :3
Aug 19, 2019 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
Every demon's past is so sad. It makes me want to cry! Not remembering how having a family is like is just so sad for a kid.
Aug 19, 2019 6:08 AM

Jan 2016
The episode made me feel a bit sad for the sister, but eh, she's still a demon, so if Rui doesn't maker her kill people, she will still kill people just because she's a demon. I'm glad that Rui didn't die just by a powerup from Tanjiro, the Twelve Kizuki should be more powerful than Tanjiro right now.
Aug 19, 2019 6:38 AM

Jun 2017
Wow, Shinobu is cool AF, Giyuu is OP too. Interesting backstory of the demons. Good usage of music too, another great episode for this series.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Aug 19, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2016
What a boring episode! Honestly the demons’ backstories were boring to see becouse I feel nothing for them, they seems void to me. The new character, the girl who uses poison, is the perfect kind of character that I don’t want to see in a series, this kind of character are really annoying, they are annoying like as every characters similar to Tanjiro or Zenitsu, or also Inosuke. The characters of this series are the thing I don’t like the most.
Aug 19, 2019 4:33 PM

May 2016
Another fantastic episode, thank you again Ufotable.
Aug 19, 2019 10:50 PM
Mar 2019
Shinobu you one creepy bitch..

They pulled one over on us; should have expected Tanjiro wasn't strong enough yet to kill one of the Kizuki. Power scaling is balanced once again.

KidLeafAug 19, 2019 10:54 PM
Aug 19, 2019 11:21 PM
Jan 2019
great episode as always, poor them who tought last episode is overrated/overhype.

to those who said "asspull, stupid power-up, how could tanjiro killed 12 strongest demon bla bla bla" i bet after they saw this episode they bit their own tongue :p

just look at the beautiful animation, amazing story, great character development and great ost right there : AOTY hands down
Aug 19, 2019 11:25 PM

May 2013
Goodness. Shinobu is just absolutely stunning. And terrifying with the torture ideas hahahah. It was so easy to tell that blade was to inflict poison. No wonder she had a cure for Zenitsu :P

Poor demon sister that got betrayed TT^TT
Also the fact that mama spider was just a little demon girl transformed and role playing to fit the part :( v sad </3

Was this the part where we were supposed to ALMOST feel sorry for Rui bc it did not happen lmfaoooooo.
Aug 20, 2019 11:52 PM

Aug 2019
good episode. Shinobu is best girl confirmed
Aug 21, 2019 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
Yandere moment. I still love Shinobu.
Aug 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2018
Damn Shinbou really flys like a butterfly. More background on Rui's history. Great ep but Tomo killed Rui without any stress lol
Aug 21, 2019 2:49 PM
Jan 2010
This anime is so incredibly slow, it seems like they are gonna need 10 seasons to get to Kibutsuji. They could have easily fit this season in 12 episodes.
Aug 21, 2019 5:19 PM

Apr 2018
ephemeralNow said:
This anime is so incredibly slow, it seems like they are gonna need 10 seasons to get to Kibutsuji. They could have easily fit this season in 12 episodes.
nope, with this pace they can reach muzan in 3 season. The pace is fine anyway.
Aug 21, 2019 5:36 PM
Aug 2019
I love how the demons are portrayed like the humans from good to bad, and all of them had and have a tragic past, and that we could feel for them and not hate them at all!
I don't remember an episode were I was hating on a demon or I yelled at Tanjiro to finish it off fast...

This aspect is so cool and makes the story interesting.

A solid episode, loved how detailed it was.
Aug 21, 2019 6:38 PM
Aug 2019
That Shinobu is amazing the way she wanted to torture the Demon Girl 😂🤭. Every Episode Hype me Up and make my water in my eyes fall like waterfall basin. Tanjirou is my favorite character nooooow. ❤️
Aug 21, 2019 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
Shinobu is interesting! Her movements are so fluid and I love seeing her float down like a butterfly. Also so sadistic.
Aug 22, 2019 11:02 AM
Jan 2019
This episode was a real surprise.
Starting with the fact that Tanjiro did not assassinate the demon of the twelve moons, then with the eleventh position of Tomioka, and finally, with the poisonous technique of Shinobu.
Shinobu, that girl seduces me with her way of speaking, and has shown that not everything is strength, it also requires intellect. Thanks to her fighting style, she was able to make a cure for Zenitsu, which by the way, I hope she is well, hahaha. .
And Tomioka, has incredible power, killed the demon easily, or at least, made it look easy.
The members of the pillars are incredible! I am very eager to see the rest of the members.

This anime has resumed the good pace, without a doubt, it is one of the best anime of 2019, and one of my favorites. It doesn't stop surprising me.
Aug 22, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2019
Pretty cool episode, Shinobu is an interesting one. I usually don't like getting too in depth on the backstories, so even though i was expecting the "reasons" of the demons, it was pretty short at least.
Aug 22, 2019 6:19 PM

May 2018
I love this Pretend Family game as it shows that the demons still have their own strong emotion like the humans, seeing the 11th form is amazing as well as the insect breathing.

Aug 23, 2019 2:45 AM
Aug 2019
So about Shinobu. Really? The lady hashira level demonslayer is too weak to decapitate demons? Artificial plot-made weakness to glorify the boys.

Then you would say "Ah but she is smart and uses that poison!". Then why isn't this poison widespread and used by the entire demonslayer corps? Hell, why don't they make bows and arrows coated by this poison? The existence of this poison renders the entire demonslayer crops useless because any human equipped with this poison can kill demons easily. They can train shinobi with kunais coated by this poison.

Hell, since Wisteria is so lethal to demons they could grow those flowers all over the world and block demons all over the place.

So Shinobu and her blacksmith are keeping the method to create this poison a secret. Really. You realize this makes her a self-centered villain right?

I have to point flaws in such choice of plot. The Wisteria flowers and the poison should not exist, since they do the demons technically don't stand a chance unless the humans are stupid or evil, which apparently they are.

Unless of course there are demons that are for some reason "too strong" and thus immune to this poison, making Shinobu unable to kill them. <-expected plot in the future, this is probably 100% going to happen sadly. Idiotic.
tarayunAug 23, 2019 2:51 AM
Aug 23, 2019 3:42 AM

Apr 2018
tarayun said:
So about Shinobu. Really? The lady hashira level demonslayer is too weak to decapitate demons? Artificial plot-made weakness to glorify the boys.
yes shinobu is weak but she's fast, extremely fast. And there's a lot of strong female characters in this series anyway (even stronger than most of male pillars, and im talking about the psysical strength) so it's too early to judge and say "muh plot-made weakness to glorify the boys"

Then you would say "Ah but she is smart and uses that poison!". Then why isn't this poison widespread and used by the entire demonslayer corps? Hell, why don't they make bows and arrows coated by this poison? The existence of this poison renders the entire demonslayer crops useless because any human equipped with this poison can kill demons easily. They can train shinobi with kunais coated by this poison.
wait what? a kunai? An arrow? Really? Have you ever heard this word before? "Dodge", demons can just easily dodge those arrows and kunais.

Hell, since Wisteria is so lethal to demons they could grow those flowers all over the world and block demons all over the place.
well i'm also wondering why they didnt do that, Maybe another manga readers can answer that question

I have to point flaws in such choice of plot. The Wisteria flowers and the poison should not exist, since they do the demons technically don't stand a chance unless the humans are stupid or evil, which apparently they are.
dude you made a new account just to point flaws in kimetsu's plot? Okay.

Unless of course there are demons that are for some reason "too strong" and thus immune to this poison, making Shinobu unable to kill them. <-expected plot in the future, this is probably 100% going to happen sadly. Idiotic.
too strong and immune to shinobu's poison? nope, too bad that's not gonna happen. Sorry
Jfs_Aug 23, 2019 4:03 AM
Aug 23, 2019 3:59 AM
Apr 2019
tarayun said:

So Shinobu and her blacksmith are keeping the method to create this poison a secret. Really. You realize this makes her a self-centered villain right?

I don't want to spoil, but this is a story where male characters are stronger than female characters, with a few exceptions. The poison thing is a plot hole and should have been addressed earlier in the story, because it's not talked about till much later.
Aug 23, 2019 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
tarayun said:

well i'm also wondering why they didnt do that, Maybe another manga readers can answer that question

What is there to explain? How could the plot benefit from that? This manga wouldn’t exist in the first place if the demons weren’t a treat and everything was solved so easily
Aug 23, 2019 7:04 AM

Dec 2018
tarayun said:

Lolsss... Do you also think Dracula is a dumb story because humans could have just grown garlic all over the place, planted crosses everywhere, and sprayed Holy water on garden sprinklers?

These stories aren't set in modern day where resources are abundant and farming technology is advanced. People in those days struggle to produce sufficient food to avoid famine when there are droughts and floods. You think they can afford to waste so much land, labour, and other resources just to grow wisteria?
ShanAsunaAug 23, 2019 7:10 AM
Aug 23, 2019 7:36 AM

Apr 2018
ShanAsuna said:
Lolsss... Do you also think Dracula is a dumb story because humans could have just grown garlic all over the place, planted crosses everywhere, and sprayed Holy water on garden sprinklers?
LOL

These stories aren't set in modern day where resources are abundant and farming technology is advanced. People in those days struggle to produce sufficient food to avoid famine when there are droughts and floods. You think they can afford to waste so much land, labour, and other resources just to grow wisteria?
I'm feel so dumb now. I've Never thought about that.
Aug 23, 2019 7:39 AM

Dec 2018
Jfs_ said:
ShanAsuna said:
LOL

I'm feel so dumb now. I've Never thought about that.

Lols tbh I thought those things about Dracula when I was a kid, when I first read the story. It was only later when I gained an appreciation of human civilisations across history that I realised my ideas would never have worked
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.