Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2019 10:48 AM

Apr 2016
In defense of this episode and to answer to all the people who are claiming this episode to be bs in terms of story writing or say that its cliche and all, I would say there was plenty of foreshadowing for his power up scene.

Here are all the foreshadowing i noticed for this uptill now:-

1) Tanjirou was expected to have crimson sword cause he was son of fire or something
2) When Kibutsuji asked his goons to track tanjirou, he said something along the lines of 'find the guy with hanada(idr the spelling) earrings
3)Even in the opening lyrics there is a line in eng translation that 'I will let the crimson lotus grow'

and now maybe they should have done a bit more foreshadowing and even i felt that tanjirou's sword will surely change when they said some thing along the lines that 'people with black colored sword don't live long though the color can change over time too'

Also as i mentioned before the episode was great and all, I am loving the show too but I would say(to say the least) its going a bit too far to say that this anime is a masterpiece or the best anime ever.
Aug 13, 2019 11:26 AM
Mar 2018
What an episode!!!! The best episode of the series so far. The animations were awesome. Tanjiro vs twelve kizuki fight was jaw dropping.
Aug 13, 2019 11:33 AM
Aug 2011
One visually splendid episode does not make the entire anime a masterpiece.
That being said i'd like to see more Nezuko.
Aug 13, 2019 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
zalapeno said:
BeYourself said:
This was amazing Holy shit, kimetsu is the only contender for taking MP100 S2 title for AOTY atm

But those powerups man, I wish some background was made before It, but oh well nothing is perfect
this episode sure was good and the last 5 minutes was a total bomb, best episode of the entire series so far. but, this episode alone still couldnt make the anime become aoty. the best candidates to be aoty for me so far only AOT S3p2 and MOB2

You're right I totally forgot about shingeki, still I think kimetsu is close up there, I'm really enjoying it but lets see how it goes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2017
Shit! I still have goosebumps all over. Most gorgeous looking thing I've ever seen.
Aug 13, 2019 4:38 PM
Feb 2019
joke_lang said:
This is anime of the year! I don't care what anyone says.
This is a masterpiece. Shame on MAL community not voting it 9.0 and above. It is better than AOT season 3.
And some people are saying Vinland Saga is anime of the year. Nope this is anime of the year!

it's a shame that you're shaming others because of your taste.
for us and many, we don't consider an anime as the best just because of some godly animation,
there's the big factor and it's the story and plot, AOT's story is so much better and unique, it's on another whole level.

is this the first time we see a shounen MC gets fired up and slay his enemy?!
is the shounen battles are something new??

the art and animation take the cake her, without the godly work from ufotable, the show might didn't get all that praise, without the animation i don't find the story itself that good,
but the magnificent animation made the show 10x times better, it made me enjoy it entirely, that what blew my mind, not the writing.

you can't disrespect a show that relys so much on writing skills, rich dialogues and deep characters like that.

therefore, i might give KNY 8 because i don't like the forced comedy that really threw me off, and the gore feeling that i got early in episode 1 is gone now(it made me even cry), and for the annoying character like Zenitsu, but i would forgive Zenitsu, he might change, i would rather say i don't find the story that epic, so it's 8 or 9 for me. and probably that's what some might think of, see? it's not that complicated.

personally, AOT to me is the AOTY and VS also.
KNY is one of the best this year.
Aug 13, 2019 5:35 PM

Dec 2018
Holy fucking shit. Those were some of the most beautiful animations I've ever seen in my life. I literally gasped while watching it. Definitely the best fight I've seen all year. Crunchyroll, if this doesn't earn Fight of the Year and you give it to My Hero Academia again, I will fucking start a riot.
Aug 13, 2019 6:24 PM
Mar 2016
puppetmazter said:
I dont understand you. How is this nonsensical? We are only 19 episodes in and you dont have any point of reference as to how the rules are in this world.
We dont know about the Demon Arts, the Breathing methods, the 12 Super Demons, what the lower 5 are, what the deal with his father dance is, nothing.

So basically youre calling it nonsense, because it hasnt been set up long enough for you? None of his breathing techniques have been set up.

So dont tell me you had enough info to know what to expect, or what makes sense in this world. We dont know shit so far..

That's the point. We don't know anything.

If nothing is step up for the moment, why would I be excited when it happens? Imagine that there was no set up at all for Goku going SSJ vs Freeza. The saiyans being a race that get stronger after each close fight. The power struggle between the saiyans and Freeza. Vegeta blindly believing in the legend and trying and failing to achieve it. Goku coming to grasps with his duty. The transformation between the calm and collected Goku to a rageful and arrogant one.

What was set up for Tanjiro doing what he did in episode 19? I don't even care about foreshadowing, as Toriyama was notorious for writing Dragonball as he went along, but he knew how to prepare the most iconic moment in the franchise.

Alex_Amor said:
In defense of this episode and to answer to all the people who are claiming this episode to be bs in terms of story writing or say that its cliche and all, I would say there was plenty of foreshadowing for his power up scene.

Here are all the foreshadowing i noticed for this uptill now:-

1) Tanjirou was expected to have crimson sword cause he was son of fire or something
2) When Kibutsuji asked his goons to track tanjirou, he said something along the lines of 'find the guy with hanada(idr the spelling) earrings
3)Even in the opening lyrics there is a line in eng translation that 'I will let the crimson lotus grow'

and now maybe they should have done a bit more foreshadowing and even i felt that tanjirou's sword will surely change when they said some thing along the lines that 'people with black colored sword don't live long though the color can change over time too'

Also as i mentioned before the episode was great and all, I am loving the show too but I would say(to say the least) its going a bit too far to say that this anime is a masterpiece or the best anime ever.

The problem is that none of those things mean anything. What does it mean to be a son of fire? Or the crimson sword? What about the earings?
Aug 13, 2019 7:03 PM

May 2015
So many people don't know what an asspull is.

Aug 13, 2019 7:17 PM

Dec 2016
Couldn't resist it and watched the final scene of the episode, despite having dropped this very early on. And yes, the animation was admittedly godly.

However, gotta say that it looked like a typical shonen emotion-based, determination power-up, which is something other shounens are heavily criticized and looked-down for. It really kinda disappoints me that for the inclusion of the same characteristic element, ones are praised, yet others crucified like if they had committed a sin.
Aug 13, 2019 9:49 PM

Aug 2019
Animation and OST are top-tier for me, but for 75% of the episode, this was just another really good Demon Slayer episode, nothing more.

I've been watching the series since May and it's probably my favourite battle-shounen at the moment. Might even put it up there with Mob Psycho II at a push at the end of the year depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

What's up with all the AoT bashing? Unfair if you ask me as they are two different types of anime now. One of these is 19 episodes in and barely began to scratch the surface of it's story, and had one top notch episode in it's time. It's a fairly typical battle-shounen with outstanding visuals and sound, but has plenty of room to grow and develop. If the manga is anything to do by, it should be really good.

The other is 60 odd episodes in into its story and has a handful of episodes that are genuinely fantastic, with one probably up there for one of the best anime episodes of all time. The story has deviated away from it's shounen-esque roots of S1 and delving into more complex and mature political themes. If it's final season is adapted well, then it should go down as an absolute classic of the medium.

It's ok to enjoy one without bashing the other. Fanbases are so infuriating.

xenosysAug 13, 2019 9:53 PM
Aug 13, 2019 9:56 PM

Aug 2019
zalapeno said:
cockblockpolice said:
I LOST MY WORDS LOOKING AT THIS MASTERPIECE OF ANIME! EVERYTHING WAS A PERFECTION! I CRIED AND REWATCH THIS EPISODE LIKE EVERYDAY!

well im not exaggerating, but this is the truth and i know y'all just witnessed it
in terms of animation, ost and story was so damn PERFECT!
BEST EPISODE AND ANIME OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN NO DOUBT

who said AOT as aoty candidate? that was best joke of the year lmao. this anime should be praised more than aot and deserve a score above 9
strongly disagree, this episode ALONE CANT make the anime deserve an aoty. Totally agree this episode was godly but aot still far better overall (for me at least)

As far as I'm aware, the anime is sitting ar around 8.5 on MAL. That's probably what I'd score it overall as well. One great episode a masterpiece it does not make.
Aug 13, 2019 10:53 PM
Jan 2019
+100/100 Wow! There are not enough words to describe how amazing this episode was. The animation, the story, the plot, the ost ... reached a very high level with this episode.
I was amazed at the introduction of Tanjiro's father, the dance of the Fire God, and the new techniques of Tanjiro and Nezuko. That left me speechless and more intrigued than usual. From this moment on, so many questions are born, many more than the ones I had before.
Anyway, this was, without a doubt, the best episode of this anime, so far. I remembered because I love him, and I consider him one of my favorite anime. I remembered the great emotion I felt when I first saw the first episode. I hope you continue on this good path, and improve more and more.

OH YEAH! FIRE! I LOVE FIRE! 🔥😁

Ps: It was a surprise to me to know that what looked like a scar on Tanjiro's forehead is a birthmark he inherited from his father.

Those memories were nostalgic, and this felt much more with that ending at the end.
Aug 13, 2019 10:53 PM
May 2017
Greatest anime episode I hace ever watched in my life
Aug 14, 2019 12:19 AM

Aug 2013
stand said:
One visually splendid episode does not make the entire anime a masterpiece.
That being said i'd like to see more Nezuko.

Thousands of people literally CRIED at the end of this episode. What is a masterpiece, if not something that can evoke such strong emotions? I have been to museums and art galleries, but none of their so called masterpieces made me react that strongly. Whats an anime got to do, Sir?

nutsie said:

That's the point. We don't know anything.

If nothing is step up for the moment, why would I be excited when it happens? Imagine that there was no set up at all for Goku going SSJ vs Freeza. The saiyans being a race that get stronger after each close fight. The power struggle between the saiyans and Freeza. Vegeta blindly believing in the legend and trying and failing to achieve it. Goku coming to grasps with his duty. The transformation between the calm and collected Goku to a rageful and arrogant one.

What was set up for Tanjiro doing what he did in episode 19? I don't even care about foreshadowing, as Toriyama was notorious for writing Dragonball as he went along, but he knew how to prepare the most iconic moment in the franchise.

I respect you opinion, dont get me wrong.
But you say that you cannot get excited for this episode because there was no set up.
Then, when it comes to Dragonball, you dont even care about foreshadowing?
Thats some major bias my friend.
Aug 14, 2019 1:02 AM
Mar 2016
puppetmazter said:
I respect you opinion, dont get me wrong.
But you say that you cannot get excited for this episode because there was no set up.
Then, when it comes to Dragonball, you dont even care about foreshadowing?
Thats some major bias my friend.

My point was that I don't care about foreshadowing in general and that includes KnY. Because you're never 100% sure what were the author's intentions and I gave the example of Toriyama.

A good set up is more important, imo.
Aug 14, 2019 4:04 AM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
God damn I loved this episode with a passion. The hype behind it was soooo real. I just can't explain the quality of this animation and music. I can't wait for the next episode. Anime this season is looking sooo good. 2019 has been a great year for anime!
Aug 14, 2019 4:28 AM
Aug 2019
The best episode ever❤️👺
Aug 14, 2019 6:10 AM
Jan 2016
Damn, this episode was totally a masterpiece for me!

Animatian and fight scenes incredible as always!

I am really happy that Tanjirou managed to defeat that twelve kizuna demon, obvious that Tanjirou would not let him get Nazuko, and obvious Tanjirou bond with Nazuko is a thousand time better than that demon!

I loved the flashback about Tanjirous' Father and Mother, his water skils turning into Kagura fire were so awesome, and Nezuko using Blood art to help Tanjirous was just awesome!

looking forward next episodes!
Aug 14, 2019 7:07 AM

Apr 2015
Freakboy69 said:

Absolutely not, especially the second one... come on.
And just to add, this is my first and only account I use. Don't misundrestand me, I love this show and have been watching it since it started airing, and I don't plan on droppin' it, either.

I in no way intended to offend you and/or attack anyone for that matter, but if it did seem like that, then I apologize, I'm sorry.

Eh, I'm not offended by people not liking or not understanding the set up of one anime episode.

It's your opinion.

But in my opinion, if the set up was really out of nowhere, the impact that did in anime community wouldn't have been this huge.
Is not just cool animation, they really did their best to not make an extreme info dump but just explain the necessary for the moment to be perfect
And they achieved that.

This is not an "asspull" by any means. nor Deus Ex. You don't need a whole ep of info dump to understand what happened here.

But I guess there's individuals who do need a huge info dump, so it's obvious this was going to happen.
Aug 14, 2019 7:19 AM

Apr 2017
phenomenal adaptation of this part, and it's only gonna get better from here. still shocked people are rating this series so high just because of one episode, considering the average start, minimal character progression, lack of explanation on as to what the hell breaths are, and poor usage of backstory. ofc this is all the fault of the source material, so nonetheless hats off the ufotable's team.
Aug 14, 2019 7:53 AM
Oct 2018
euujin said:
phenomenal adaptation of this part, and it's only gonna get better from here. still shocked people are rating this series so high just because of one episode, considering the average start, minimal character progression, lack of explanation on as to what the hell breaths are, and poor usage of backstory. ofc this is all the fault of the source material, so nonetheless hats off the ufotable's team.
the anime started with a high score it not just this episode.he was already 8.5x before this episode
Aug 14, 2019 8:03 AM

Apr 2017
Samoan said:
euujin said:
the anime started with a high score it not just this episode.he was already 8.5x before this episode

true, but my point still stands for the episodes preceding it and the content in the manga. i guess its the visuals that really carry the show, as the content so far is the low point of the series.
Aug 14, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
euujin said:

I can only speak for myself, but I didnt think the series had a bad start. I enjoyed it right from the getgo.
Then again, Im a fool for the feudal japan time period, and I love Bushido, Samurai, japanese folklore and mythology. So yeah, I probably had more reasons to be investetd.
Aug 14, 2019 8:51 AM

Apr 2018
euujin said:
yeah the rating might be too high right now, but if they adapt demon train arc as the final of this series then I can see the score can easily reach 8.70 or even 8.80+.
Aug 14, 2019 9:51 AM
Aug 2019
This is one of the most wonderful things I have ever seen in my life!!

God... God.. GOD, that beautiful animation alongside the magnificent OST is out of this world!!!

Absolutely loving it!
Aug 14, 2019 10:06 AM
Aug 2019
cockblockpolice said:
I LOST MY WORDS LOOKING AT THIS MASTERPIECE OF ANIME! EVERYTHING WAS A PERFECTION! I CRIED AND REWATCH THIS EPISODE LIKE EVERYDAY!

well im not exaggerating, but this is the truth and i know y'all just witnessed it

who said AOT as aoty candidate? that was best joke of the year lmao. this anime should be praised more than aot and deserve a score above 9

If you didn't like AOT, then it's fine, it's not a story that you are forced to like but what you are saying about it being overrated or that the show is a joke is VERY exaggerated!

AOT was never meant to be only a shounen action oriented story, it's more about mystery, so you will never enjoy a scene if you don't watch it all fully, without skipping anything, because it has too much foreshadowing and hints and many strange mysterious scenes, that you wouldn't understand at first.

I read the manga, and I can easily say, it's one of the best fictional stories I have ever read, it's really one of the most well written and thoughtful mangas of all time. It's not joke if people think it's one of the best ever, I don't know if you care about writing, but the writing in this story is BRILLIANT!

You can't put down the effort put in this story/show to praise another show, there's a difference between don't liking a show and hating on it for no reason.

I love KNY, and this episode was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, but it doesn't make it better than AOT at all, because story wise AOT is on another whole level from plot to characters depth to dialogues and it gets more and more complicated later on, it's not typical and predicable and you end up understanding each side, you can't say for sure who's the bad ones, if there's any.
So, a story like this really takes a lot of writing skills.. let animation aside, music aside, only writing... AOT wins hands down.

As a person who watches anime a lot, it's rare to watch such shows with unique stories like AOT, just like it's rare to watch something like KNY's last episode with its heavenly animation.

I wish that KNY will show more of the plot in S2, I might read the manga after this season ends.

So, it's fine that many would say that AOT S3 part 2 is AOTY, I also think so, and I think if it didn't win then should be Mob Pyscho 100 2 or Vinland Saga and the fourth choice is KNY.

If you just keep thinking people are insane and that we're overreacting then don't be mad at people who think that KNY is bad and overrated and trust me they will increase after the series ends, it always happens.
Aug 14, 2019 10:15 AM
Oct 2018
I'm waiting for season 2 and 3. Because 26 episodes are like a prologue. The real battle is in season 3 if there is one.
Aug 14, 2019 11:40 AM

Dec 2018
Nezukoisangel said:
cockblockpolice said:

If you didn't like AOT, then it's fine, it's not a story that you are forced to like but what you are saying about it being overrated or that the show is a joke is VERY exaggerated!

AOT was never meant to be only a shounen action oriented story, it's more about mystery, so you will never enjoy a scene if you don't watch it all fully, without skipping anything, because it has too much foreshadowing and hints and many strange mysterious scenes, that you wouldn't understand at first.

I read the manga, and I can easily say, it's one of the best fictional stories I have ever read, it's really one of the most well written and thoughtful mangas of all time. It's not joke if people think it's one of the best ever, I don't know if you care about writing, but the writing in this story is BRILLIANT!

You can't put down the effort put in this story/show to praise another show, there's a difference between don't liking a show and hating on it for no reason.

I love KNY, and this episode was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, but it doesn't make it better than AOT at all, because story wise AOT is on another whole level from plot to characters depth to dialogues and it gets more and more complicated later on, it's not typical and predicable and you end up understanding each side, you can't say for sure who's the bad ones, if there's any.
So, a story like this really takes a lot of writing skills.. let animation aside, music aside, only writing... AOT wins hands down.

As a person who watches anime a lot, it's rare to watch such shows with unique stories like AOT, just like it's rare to watch something like KNY's last episode with its heavenly animation.

I wish that KNY will show more of the plot in S2, I might read the manga after this season ends.

So, it's fine that many would say that AOT S3 part 2 is AOTY, I also think so, and I think if it didn't win then should be Mob Pyscho 100 2 or Vinland Saga and the fourth choice is KNY.

If you just keep thinking people are insane and that we're overreacting then don't be mad at people who think that KNY is bad and overrated and trust me they will increase after the series ends, it always happens.

Watched Mob Psycho I and II, followed AOT until the ridiculous stall for S3 (actually I lost some interest since season 2), and just for the sake of understanding the pov of people raising all these alternatives to best anime of 2019, I watched Vinland Saga up to its latest episode...

And personally, I think only Mob Psycho 2 has anything on Kimetsu no Yaiba. Not only that, if I had to pick one between the two, I think I would pick KNY because it's the better performer overall. In my opinion, the synergy between the animation, the soundtrack, the direction and deliberate pacing is just better.
ShanAsunaAug 14, 2019 12:32 PM
Aug 14, 2019 1:29 PM

Dec 2010
This episode really just elevated this anime to greatness. Wow.
Aug 14, 2019 2:03 PM
Aug 2019
🤩🤩🤩🤩
Aug 14, 2019 2:09 PM

Aug 2018
WOW JUST WOW, 10/10 EPISODE . THAT ANIMATION WAS STELLAR. and to know that im not even that big of a Kimetsu fan. I might have to change my opinion on it now
Aug 14, 2019 2:16 PM

Jul 2014
Some of you keep on saying Tanjiro and Nezuko pulled an asspull (as much as it isnt as the show had foreshadowed Tanjiro having something to do with it the moment he was making his sword and how he has a special background when Muzan remembered his earrings) why can't ya'll blame Rui for doing it first? he pulled that demon technique at the last moment, Tanjiro and Nezuko just did what he did.

You guys have to remember that an author especially in shonen ones has to keep the foreshadows at a minimal and make it as much less sense as they can so the readers/watchers doesnt catch up on what it is, and in turn gets a "WTF JUST HAPPENED" moment. They're not obliged to feed you all the info from the start, they can do it slowly as the story progress.

2ego said:
It pretty much does make it nonsensical considering the "father dance" occured only at the very end. However, moments before it was stated: "Theory that people look for a solution to survive right before death - causing them to experience their life before their eyes," which is a nice touch. Nonetheless, the powerup shouldn't make him like 10 times stronger, it's just...abrupt. I won't continue debating with you by the way, since debunking hardcore fanboys is just tiresome and borderline impossible with their narrow mindsets when it comes to listening to what other people say.

I see your point but the show has somewhat provided us with minimal foreshadowing, a foreshadow doesnt have to be full blown or focused on and as much as possible the author doesnt make it as obvious as it should be otherwise we'd be expecting it and in turn not get us as hyped and surprised by the development when it gets revealed.
I'd say the author did just fine with her foreshadows and the big reveal. Also I kinda don't want to spoil you as some manga readers just spoiled me about how Tanjiro could literally just cut a more powered up ver of Rui's threads by remembering the Fire God dance technique but its basically
Aug 14, 2019 2:18 PM
Apr 2016
-Stray said:
Some of you keep on saying Tanjiro and Nezuko pulled an asspull (as much as it isnt as the show had foreshadowed Tanjiro having something to do with it the moment he was making his sword and how he has a special background when Muzan remembered his earrings) why can't ya'll blame Rui for doing it first? he pulled that demon technique at the last moment, Tanjiro and Nezuko just did what he did.

You guys have to remember that an author especially in shonen ones has to keep the foreshadows at a minimal and make it as much less sense as they can so the readers/watchers doesnt catch up on what it is, and in turn gets a "WTF JUST HAPPENED" moment. They're not obliged to feed you all the info from the start, they can do it slowly as the story progress.

2ego said:
It pretty much does make it nonsensical considering the "father dance" occured only at the very end. However, moments before it was stated: "Theory that people look for a solution to survive right before death - causing them to experience their life before their eyes," which is a nice touch. Nonetheless, the powerup shouldn't make him like 10 times stronger, it's just...abrupt. I won't continue debating with you by the way, since debunking hardcore fanboys is just tiresome and borderline impossible with their narrow mindsets when it comes to listening to what other people say.

I see your point but the show has somewhat provided us with minimal foreshadowing, a foreshadow doesnt have to be full blown or focused on and as much as possible the author doesnt make it as obvious as it should be otherwise we'd be expecting it and in turn not get us as hyped and surprised by the development when it gets revealed.
I'd say the author did just fine with her foreshadows and the big reveal. Also I kinda don't want to spoil you as some manga readers just spoiled me about how Tanjiro could literally just cut a more powered up ver of Rui's threads by remembering the Fire God dance technique but its basically
DON'T spoil the manga, spoiler button or not, we haven't gotten there yet and the explanation should be only within the anime's contents.
Aug 14, 2019 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
2ego said:
-Stray said:

DON'T spoil the manga, spoiler button or not, we haven't gotten there yet.

HAHAHA yeah I guess its pretty hard to not click the spoiler button even tho you wouldnt wanna get spoiled. Just that if you were curious its gonna get an explanation sooner or later, or you can just GIVE IN AND CLICK THE SPOILER 😈😈😈
Aug 14, 2019 2:21 PM
Apr 2016
-Stray said:
2ego said:
DON'T spoil the manga, spoiler button or not, we haven't gotten there yet.

HAHAHA yeah I guess its pretty hard to not click the spoiler button even tho you wouldnt wanna get spoiled. Just that if you were curious its gonna get an explanation sooner or later, or you can just GIVE IN AND CLICK THE SPOILER 😈😈😈
That's the problem with manga readers, THIS IS THE ANIME, not the manga, if we wanted, we WOULD read the manga. And no, I won't click, as I am judging the ANIME not the MANGA.
Aug 14, 2019 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
2ego said:
-Stray said:

That's the problem with manga readers, THIS IS THE ANIME, not the manga, if we wanted, we WOULD read the manga. And no, I won't click, as I am judging the ANIME not the MANGA.

Calm down, you're way too heated up, I put a spoiler tag in it so its your mistake if you click it or not, its an alternative as you seem to be so surprised and confused about how Tanjiro got 10x more powerful when that wasnt really the case. If you dont want people calling you out on it then do yourself a favor and not go crazy over things that will get explained in the future. You basically had a problem with stuffs that will obviously get explained while the story progresses so if you wanna comment about the ep then comment on what happened, not on what HASNT happened yet.
Also no I am not a manga reader, I just got spoiled because I was curious on how he was able to cut it despite having a problem with it earlier. Thats about all I got spoiled on.
Aug 14, 2019 2:34 PM
Apr 2016
-Stray said:
2ego said:

Calm down, you're way too heated up, I put a spoiler tag in it so its your mistake if you click it or not, its an alternative as you seem to be so surprised and confused about how Tanjiro got 10x more powerful when that wasnt really the case. If you dont want people calling you out on it then do yourself a favor and not go crazy over things that will get explained in the future. You basically had a problem with stuffs that will obviously get explained while the story progresses so if you wanna comment about the ep then comment on what happened, not on what HASNT happened yet.
Also no I am not a manga reader, I just got spoiled because I was curious on how he was able to cut it despite having a problem with it earlier. Thats about all I got spoiled on.
Oh, you got spoiled, ouch. Well, right now it's nothing more than an ass-pull, I'll pray it's going to get explained later.
Aug 14, 2019 2:41 PM

Jun 2011
2ego said:
-Stray said:

Oh, you got spoiled, ouch. Well, right now it's nothing more than an ass-pull, I'll pray it's going to get explained later.

How is it an ass-pull when we already had lots of clues that Tanjiro might learn a fire technique ever since episode 5? Do you also think Ichigo becoming a hollow or Luffy going g2 also asspulls?
Aug 14, 2019 2:44 PM

Oct 2018
Kiruto9 said:
🤩🤩🤩🤩

Wait, how could you post that?

Doesn't that count as only 4 characters?

Or do emoji not count in the 30 characters rule?
Aug 14, 2019 3:06 PM
Apr 2016
Theorder14 said:
2ego said:

How is it an ass-pull when we already had lots of clues that Tanjiro might learn a fire technique ever since episode 5? Do you also think Ichigo becoming a hollow or Luffy going g2 also asspulls?
I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. You can take Nux Taku's video though, people often link it as an "explanation," while he didn't even try to refute people's accusations, the entire video was of him justifying that moment as "simple shounen at it's finest." That part was an ass-pull, and I won't get in depth since you either way won't listen to reason. I didn't watch Bleach yet, but the One Piece one: no, it wasn't an ass-pull at all. Luffy learned how to use it by getting beaten up by CP-0 members, after having some time to study their technique. Don't compare this to One Piece by the way, it makes it unfair for Kimetsu no Yaiba as much as I love this show.
Aug 14, 2019 3:17 PM

Jun 2011
2ego said:
Theorder14 said:

I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. You can take Nux Taku's video though, people often link it as an "explanation," while he didn't even try to refute people's accusations, the entire video was of him justifying that moment as "simple shounen at it's finest." That part was an ass-pull, and I won't get in depth since you either way won't listen to reason. I didn't watch Bleach yet, but the One Piece one: no, it wasn't an ass-pull at all. Luffy learned how to use it by getting beaten up by CP-0 members, after having some time to study their technique. Don't compare this to One Piece by the way, it makes it unfair for Kimetsu no Yaiba as much as I love this show.

In your opinion. What is the definiton of an asspull?
Is it still an asspull if it has been foreshadowed several times.
In Luffy's case, he didn't have any similar ideas before it where he could make a logical transition into it and there were no foreshadowing.KnY at the very least had several foreshadowing.

"I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. "

I think that the main difference between you and me is that i actually pay attention to the small stuff in the show. For example, you had no idea Tanjiro never used the tenth form on the spider father and complained about that and you most likely didn't catch on the foreshadowing to the fire dance too.
Aug 14, 2019 3:23 PM
Apr 2016
Theorder14 said:
2ego said:

In Luffy's case, he didn't have any similar ideas before it where he could make a logical transition into it and there were no foreshadowing.KnY at the very least had several foreshadowing.

"I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. "

I think that the main difference between you and me is that i actually pay attention to the small stuff in the show. For example, you had no idea Tanjiro never used the tenth form on the spider father and complained about that and you most likely didn't catch on the foreshadowing to the fire dance too.
I pay attention to everything, don't act insolent. An ass-pull is something like this: a character gets beaten up and clearly cannot win against their opponent, yet somehow randomly develops some weird technique out of nowhere and beats the opponent. Foreshadowing alone doesn't make it "not an ass-pull," since logic has to be included, their world's logic of course. Of course he didn't have any ideas, he got beaten up literally instantly by them, he stood no chance, how do you expect him to develop gears mid-battle? After he was beaten up though, quite some time passed until he fought against them again, and that's when he developed some of the gears. Seriously, don't compare this to One Piece, One Piece is one of the best shows out there.
Aug 14, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2019
yoooo so this is where all of ufotable's tax fraud money went!! but seriously, this was an awesome episode! gorgeous animation, lots of emotion, loved it
Aug 14, 2019 3:33 PM

Jun 2011
2ego said:
Theorder14 said:

I pay attention to everything, don't act insolent. An ass-pull is something like this: a character gets beaten up and clearly cannot win against their opponent, yet somehow randomly develops some weird technique out of nowhere and beats the opponent. Foreshadowing alone doesn't make it "not an ass-pull," since logic has to be included, their world's logic of course. Of course he didn't have any ideas, he got beaten up literally instantly by them, he stood no chance, how do you expect him to develop gears mid-battle? After he was beaten up though, quite some time passed until he fought against them again, and that's when he developed some of the gears. Seriously, don't compare this to One Piece, One Piece is one of the best shows out there.

I'm only comparing the scenes of the show to get an idea what you consider an asspull.
In Tanjiro's case, His father already passed on the breathing technique and Tanjiro only rememebered when his life was in danger.
don't know if u watch hxh but it's the same case there when Welfin had to push his brain to the limit to survive.

"I pay attention to everything, don't act insolent."

Not to be mean but you have already proven that you didn't though or you just didn't remember.

Aug 14, 2019 3:51 PM
Apr 2016
Theorder14 said:
2ego said:

I'm only comparing the scenes of the show to get an idea what you consider an asspull.
In Tanjiro's case, His father already passed on the breathing technique and Tanjiro only rememebered when his life was in danger.
don't know if u watch hxh but it's the same case there when Welfin had to push his brain to the limit to survive.

Not to be mean but you have already proven that you didn't though or you just didn't remember.

As I said, just because he remembered some technique right before death, doesn't imply that him getting many many times stronger makes sense. The Twelve are supposed to be really strong, and are, yet he surpassed one with a mere dancing move. It might get explained later, but as of right now, it's an ass-pull.
Aug 14, 2019 4:47 PM
Mar 2016
Theorder14 said:

Tanjiro's life has been in danger multiple times throughout the 19 episodes. Why didn't he remember this father's dance when he trained the water breathing technique for almost two years? Amnesia?

Why didn't he remember it when he went through the trial? Or when he was almost collapsing versus others demons?
Aug 14, 2019 5:02 PM

Oct 2018
nutsie said:
Theorder14 said:

Tanjiro's life has been in danger multiple times throughout the 19 episodes. Why didn't he remember this father's dance when he trained the water breathing technique for almost two years? Amnesia?

Why didn't he remember it when he went through the trial? Or when he was almost collapsing versus others demons?

Haven't you noticed how he kept his cool for all his previous battles and adapts to the opponent's moves? This is a member of the 12 kizuki that pushed him to his limit even after exhausting his 10th form. This is a fight where he truly thought he was going to die and triggered his flashback.

Aug 14, 2019 5:04 PM

Mar 2018
@Theorder14 Dude how is Welfin pushing his brain to the limit the same? He only had to remember a name, there's no asspull since he just used his brain to come up with an answer that would secure his life.You equate two very different situations only because the story of KnY is ass

@ThousandCuts Why can this memory only triggered in a flashback? How tf did it not come up while learning similar techniques for years. It's beyond stupid
EsquirtitAug 14, 2019 5:10 PM
poop
Aug 14, 2019 5:16 PM

Jun 2011
Esquirtit said:
@Theorder14 Dude how is Welfin pushing his brain to the limit the same? He only had to remember a name, there's no asspull since he just used his brain to come up with an answer that would secure his life.You equate two very different situations only because the story of KnY is ass

I never said it was an asspull did i? Welfin pushed his brain to the limit to survive just like Tanjiro did. They saw their life flashing before their eyes and had to come up with a way to survive. Shinobu even mention how they see such images before death is because they're searching for a way to avoid death.
Pages (22) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.