Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2019 5:22 AM

Oct 2016
For me great horror and psychological shows do that
Those are [EDIT]:
Shinsekai yori - Made my past innocent lamb self realize our world is not as good as it looks
Higurashi - Ever since I watched this I stopped jumping into conclusions quickly, for a short period I became paranoiac
Neon Genesis Evangelion - I stopped finding my self get depressed over stuff that could have depressed the past me
Parasyte the maxim - I look at humans at a different way than earlier, better not to mention it
Whenever I hear someone say I'm proud to be human, it annoys me

Apart from these,
Hyouka - I started thinking too much but did not end up as intelligent as Oreki Hotaru
Oregairu - Took me out from few of my delusions, things that seem good are not really good, I hated myself once but after watching this i dont

Many of you might be thinking I'm making a nuisance of myself.
A change always does not mean a positive change

What are some animes that changed your point of views on things? (If possible for you to answer) in what way?[/EDIT]
Akuho993Aug 11, 2019 8:24 AM
If you try to find out who or what I am all that's waiting for you is despair
Aug 11, 2019 5:26 AM
Jul 2018
Berserk, Mushishi, Great Teacher Onizuka, Hikaru no Go
Aug 11, 2019 5:27 AM

May 2013
brijesh said:
Those are Shinsekai yori, Parasyte the maxim, Higurashi, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Apart from these, Oregairu and Hyouka too changed my point of view.

What are some animes that changed your point of views on things

You didn't mention which changes in your viewpoints took place. What were they earlier? (just saying this because it won't be any different from this turning into a mere listing or name-dropping thread)
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 11, 2019 5:35 AM

Jun 2019
This is a bizarre one but JoJo's Bizarre Adventures so bear with me here. It changed my view of fruit.

The way Kakyoin rero'd those cherries really changed my point of view to fruit. Fruit is supposed to be licked not eaten. We were all wrong.
Aug 11, 2019 7:17 AM

Mar 2018
Quite obvious but Clannad changed my point of view towards my family, for the better.
I can really see the worth of having a family and really cherish what I currently have.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 11, 2019 8:07 AM

Oct 2016
KreatorX said:
brijesh said:
Those are Shinsekai yori, Parasyte the maxim, Higurashi, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Apart from these, Oregairu and Hyouka too changed my point of view.

What are some animes that changed your point of views on things

You didn't mention which changes in your viewpoints took place. What were they earlier? (just saying this because it won't be any different from this turning into a mere listing or name-dropping thread)
I think you're right. I intentionally did not mention those.
But now that you mentioned it I mentioned them in #1. when you read them it'll become clear to you why I did not want to mention it
Aug 11, 2019 8:12 AM

Oct 2016
FuriousNutSlaps said:
This is a bizarre one but JoJo's Bizarre Adventures so bear with me here. It changed my view of fruit.

The way Kakyoin rero'd those cherries really changed my point of view to fruit. Fruit is supposed to be licked not eaten. We were all wrong.

Hilarious

If there's any symbolism to this, I didn't get it, mind telling me
Aug 11, 2019 8:18 AM

Sep 2018
For me it's OreGairu and, specifically, Hachiman.

While often used for the purpose of satire, Hachiman's stance on youth is much of how I felt throughout high school. People though I was being delusional for being a "pessimist" (even though I was just a realist) about youth and life in general.
Blanks.
Aug 11, 2019 8:20 AM

Jun 2011
Kuuchuu Buranko - before that I really hated myself but after watching, especially the ending, I've learned to accept that

This is why the series is rated so high for me, on top of being an amazing series by itself.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 11, 2019 8:21 AM

Oct 2016
BallisticRiot said:
For me it's OreGairu and, specifically, Hachiman.

While often used for the purpose of satire, Hachiman's stance on youth is much of how I felt throughout high school. People though I was being delusional for being a "pessimist" (even though I was just a realist) about youth and life in general.
Interesting, looks like we have same views on high school.
I too admire Hachiman greatly
Aug 11, 2019 8:25 AM

Oct 2018
Shirobako and Bakuman definitely change my perspective towards how anime and manga industries works, i wasnt really care about how they make anime as long as it have top-notch animation and everything i would watch it without doubt. Shirobako and bakuman makes me become more appreaciative towards every anime and manga
Aug 11, 2019 8:26 AM

Jun 2019
brijesh said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:

Hilarious

If there's any symbolism to this, I didn't get it, mind telling me
It isn't that deep, he just likes cherries. He's also a milf hunter, so yeah, maybe that's the reason why he likes to rero'd those cheries ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 11, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2017
Madoka made me just think a lot about the sacrifices I had to make in order to do certain things and how my actions could affect other people indirectly
Aug 11, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2019
Not anime but manga, Hoshi Mamoru Inu made me change my perception on dogs' and maybe even all animals emotions. I thought before that dogs were primitive to some extent and did everything they did with the intent to survive (hard to explain but let's say I compared dogs to cavemans). The manga gave me a totally new (and wholesome) view about dogs and while I still do not think dogs can think to the level of intelligence displayed in the manga, I definitively respect them more now.

(Actually I did respect them before but now it's even better)

Also @brijesh damn anime affects you that much? I think some of the examples you mentionned are supposed to be relatable so ppl think about them but I do kind of judge you easily influenced if that much anime made you change your point of view. Also the use of "past innocent lamb" and the whole of the parasyte paragraph made me sadcringe.

Anyways I recommend you to check out Monster if you haven't already seen it, it's a psychological thriller with small horror elements that'll probably go into your "animes that changed my point of view" list and is also a very enjoyable watch.
Aug 11, 2019 9:13 AM

Oct 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
Kuuchuu Buranko - before that I really hated myself but after watching, especially the ending, I've learned to accept that

This is why the series is rated so high for me, on top of being an amazing series by itself.
I heard of this series but character designs looks kinda weird.
Were you comfortable with it?
Aug 11, 2019 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
brijesh said:
I heard of this series but character designs looks kinda weird.
Were you comfortable with it?
The character design/rotoscope plays a part in the message the series tries to convey, it's brilliant imo. But yea they're wacky.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 11, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2016
DangeOon said:
Madoka made me just think a lot about the sacrifices I had to make in order to do certain things and how my actions could affect other people indirectly
From Madoka I learnt one should not jump to conclusions easily
Aug 11, 2019 9:46 AM

Oct 2016
BiDiGiN said:
Not anime but manga, Hoshi Mamoru Inu made me change my perception on dogs' and maybe even all animals emotions. I thought before that dogs were primitive to some extent and did everything they did with the intent to survive (hard to explain but let's say I compared dogs to cavemans). The manga gave me a totally new (and wholesome) view about dogs and while I still do not think dogs can think to the level of intelligence displayed in the manga, I definitively respect them more now.

(Actually I did respect them before but now it's even better)

Also @brijesh damn anime affects you that much? I think some of the examples you mentionned are supposed to be relatable so ppl think about them but I do kind of judge you easily influenced if that much anime made you change your point of view. Also the use of "past innocent lamb" and the whole of the parasyte paragraph made me sadcringe.

Anyways I recommend you to check out Monster if you haven't already seen it, it's a psychological thriller with small horror elements that'll probably go into your "animes that changed my point of view" list and is also a very enjoyable watch.
Thanks for your concern but I don't think there was any need to sadcringe

Monster - I heard too many praises of it but unfortunately I can't stand R+ animes
Aug 11, 2019 9:53 AM

Oct 2016
supers1mple said:
Shirobako and Bakuman definitely change my perspective towards how anime and manga industries works, i wasnt really care about how they make anime as long as it have top-notch animation and everything i would watch it without doubt. Shirobako and bakuman makes me become more appreaciative towards every anime and manga
I too find Shirobako greatly influential.
After completing it I too started making scripts in the same way as Imai Midori.
I even tried drawing mangas.
But in the end left it
Aug 11, 2019 9:57 AM

Aug 2019
Shinsekai Yori: Definitely have to agree with you on that! With the final revelation in the last episode, I was left stunned. I realised that a lot of the times, I was blindly picking sides in any situation that called for it, just based on the facts presented to me. Things are not what they seem, and I realised I shouldn't view everything as if it were in black and white.

Koe no Katachi: The movie worked with a very interesting plot. It really made me think a lot about bullies, bully victims and spectators, especially as someone who took part in all those roles in different points of my life. I realised that I was so fixated on the idea that people would remain the same (so a bully would always be a bully). Its such an obvious fact - especially looking at myself - but watching this made me realise that the people around me at those different points of my life aren’t the same anymore, they’ve changed with time and new experiences.

Thank you for creating this thread, it really set me thinking!
Aug 11, 2019 10:13 AM

Oct 2016
winniethewho said:
Shinsekai Yori: Definitely have to agree with you on that! With the final revelation in the last episode, I was left stunned. I realised that a lot of the times, I was blindly picking sides in any situation that called for it, just based on the facts presented to me. Things are not what they seem, and I realised I shouldn't view everything as if it were in black and white.

Koe no Katachi: The movie worked with a very interesting plot. It really made me think a lot about bullies, bully victims and spectators, especially as someone who took part in all those roles in different points of my life. I realised that I was so fixated on the idea that people would remain the same (so a bully would always be a bully). Its such an obvious fact - especially looking at myself - but watching this made me realise that the people around me at those different points of my life aren’t the same anymore, they’ve changed with time and new experiences.

Thank you for creating this thread, it really set me thinking!
Your post reminds me of the quote "This world is not simple black and white but a rough mixture of black and grey"

No need for thank you's, I am interested in looking at others viewpoints
Aug 11, 2019 10:22 AM

Jul 2019
@brijesh
Could you further explain me why you do not watch R+ animes?
Aug 11, 2019 10:32 AM

Oct 2016
BiDiGiN said:
@brijesh
I don't know how to put it. There's stuff that i find intolerable like ra** in large scale and showing
na*** body unnecessarily , not same feel as fanservice
Aug 11, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2019
brijesh said:
BiDiGiN said:
@brijesh
I don't know how to put it. There's stuff that i find intolerable like ra** in large scale and showing

Well having seen the anime I can tell you it contains no rape nor naked bodies, people having seen it can cofirm, have fun watching it someday!
Aug 11, 2019 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
brijesh said:
BiDiGiN said:
@brijesh

rape and naked are not explicit words one should censor, what the hell

anyway, not every R+ has rape.
And if you're that sensitive to see some nipples (why?), the rating is given easily and even stuff like haganai has it despite having them on screen probably few seconds total over a whole season. seems silly to dismiss everything just because of this rating, when the scenes you dislike can amount to veeery little of the runtime
Aug 11, 2019 10:57 AM
May 2019
All of the anime on my favorite list.
Aug 11, 2019 1:08 PM

Nov 2010
Kino no Tabi (2003 series) - Specifically 2nd episode, it made me to appreciate and respect the food (especially from animals).

Monster- A lot of lesson from here that kind of motivated me and made me think about different aspects of life, people and philosophy.

BiDiGiN said:
brijesh said:

Well having seen the anime I can tell you it contains no rape nor naked bodies, people having seen it can cofirm, have fun watching it someday!

Monster is my favorite anime and I can confirm this.
Aug 11, 2019 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Boku no Pico Academia - Singlehandedly made me lose hope in Shounen anime. Bad on every level and a retarded shouting "SHINEEE!!1!" made it even worse. What a waste of BONES and some great seiyuu (Aoi Yuuki and Nobuhiko Okamoto).
Aug 11, 2019 1:44 PM

Jun 2019
A few on my favorites list (and maybe even a few off of it), but none moreso than, surprise surprise, Koi Kaze. I would say before the show out of all the topics I thought intensively or was passionate about, incest was never among them. I had some unconventional views on it compared to most people in that I was never opposed to cousin marriages in principle or practice, but I viewed anything with immediate family (siblings, parents) as pretty automatically repellent like many folks. I would say it made me not only do a 180 on such a basic but major issue, but more to the point, it made me ask the question: "If you could combine the platonic familial love you have for an immediate family member with a romantic love, could this love not be the most powerful and purest force of human emotion imaginable?" I can't myself imagine experiencing such a pure and utter love, but it makes me stand in awe of it.

As an aromantic person, I needed to see such a different form of love and relationship portrayed to really feel something penetrate to the core.

And helping shape my views on something so basic in the fabric of society made me realize, yeah, I may have some unconventional political or religious/spiritual views, but how many of my views on normal mostly apolitical day-to-day human interactions and relationship dynamics we take for granted like how we choose to live with our own families have just been programmed into me? A byproduct of osmosis as the offspring of a social species. How much dogma had I unconsciously internalized? So now, I question everything taken as a given moreso than I already did, not just on history, politics, or the similar "big questions", but about other people's default view of what should automatically constitute acceptable or unacceptable, positive or negative human behavior.

It also humbled me because as someone who took to heart the idea of learning and questioning everything, never taking ideologies at face value from a young age, it made me reckon with how "asleep" I still was if I unquestioningly took the majority's default view on that simple matter without any deeper exploration or introspection. This expands outward to so much more than your position on incestuous love, but also includes topics like "Should we accept the role foisted upon us and that we're expected to fulfill just because we're a certain age or live true to ourselves even if it's taboo, our family would disapprove, literally everyone around us is telling us the opposite, and it means the risk of potentially being ex-communicated from society?" You can apply that to so many situations people are probably struggling with every day privately in their homes or just their mind as to whether to take the plunge and live freely even if entails losing the safety net of social approval and respect.

It reinvigorated me with the spirit of confidence to be who I am in every aspect of my beliefs and life. That won't be something which pleases everybody. And that's okay.

Never been more affected by a single work of art and fiction, be it Hollywood, Bollywood, European or Hong Kong flicks, anime or American cartoons, silent films from 1916 or awards winners from 2018, opera or metal, short stories or War and Peace. That's why I value it so. It's so warm and simple and unyielding in its beauty, but so at once provocative. It's what got me into anime.

After that, it's a bit of a step down for any unlucky challenger, but I would say the closest from just reviewing my top 10 might actually be something like Higurashi.

Moderate Higurashi spoilers:

WatchTillTandavaAug 11, 2019 1:53 PM
Aug 12, 2019 7:16 AM

Oct 2016
BiDiGiN said:
brijesh said:

If you say so then I will watch it someday
But could you tell me then why is it R+
Aug 12, 2019 7:21 AM
May 2019
Wait, does anybody ever say "I'm proud to be human"??
Aug 12, 2019 7:51 AM

Oct 2016
CapDikePac_2 said:
Well there are idiotic humans in my nation. If you were to take my place hearing that isn't uncommon.

I know you find it hard to believe, nothing can be done about it
Aug 12, 2019 8:51 AM

Dec 2017
AOT, mostly because of how it made me look politically fucked up situations with more logic rather than just believing stuff.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Aug 12, 2019 8:52 AM

Dec 2017
brijesh said:
CapDikePac_2 said:
Well there are idiotic humans in my nation. If you were to take my place hearing that isn't uncommon.

I haven't seen people who are just proud of being a human being. At least not in india. Here, it is more about 'proud to be a hindu' or 'proud to be from a given state'.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Aug 12, 2019 9:14 AM

Oct 2016
thevagus said:
brijesh said:

I haven't seen people who are just proud of being a human being. At least not in india. Here, it is more about 'proud to be a hindu' or 'proud to be from a given state'.
Haven't you heard them say in vernacular You have to grow to be a human or I'm proud that my son has become human or simillar stuff
Aug 12, 2019 9:29 AM

Jul 2015
brijesh said:
BiDiGiN said:
@brijesh

i know you are pretty young but please stop censoring "naked" LOL you come off as a baby

anyways like people have said not every 18+ piece of media has rape in it, and nudity in itsef is not a bad thing, it can be used plenty artistically
Aug 12, 2019 9:46 AM
May 2019
Real. Togawa shows how wheelchairs users can be just as normal as the majority of us (or even better than us). I used to give them that look with pity.
Aug 12, 2019 9:46 AM

May 2015
Shitcom: Humans are pieces of shit and being in a relationship is about accepting your partner's shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2019 2:58 PM

Jul 2019
pipe_fox said:
Real. Togawa shows how wheelchairs users can be just as normal as the majority of us (or even better than us). I used to give them that look with pity.

I know what you mean, and I've read a bit of REAL so I think I'm in measure to tell you there's a difference, if you look up paralympic basket-ball you'll know there's a separation between incapacitated players and normal ones. I don't give them any look of pity though, they are as human as anybody and the fact they persevere through a sport still knowing it'll be harder for them is really respectable, and it is a great thing you can have a better view of paralympic players, just don't be illusioned.
Aug 12, 2019 3:01 PM

Jul 2019
brijesh said:
BiDiGiN said:

If you say so then I will watch it someday
But could you tell me then why is it R+

Because it contains "real violence" (not some video game magic spell) and is aimed at an older audience I suppose.
Aug 12, 2019 11:23 PM

Mar 2015
Clannad After Story
Change how I feel about the people surrounding me and my life.

Manga Ichigo 100%
Help me to think about what i want to do..

Kill la kill, Aria: uhm...
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.

More topics from this board

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by ANormalUser »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 5 hours ago

13 by Nemo_Niemand »»
7 minutes ago

» MAL Frieren's fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 8 minutes ago

0 by epsilono »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 10 hours ago

19 by mo_lave »»
8 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 10 hours ago

26 by Horizon248 »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.