Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2019 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It is nice to see Luffy reunited with Zoro. Now we begin a fight for next week! Yeah!
Aug 10, 2019 8:16 PM
Apr 2016
Ah, I'm a retard, completely forgot what day today is, and only way later remembered that a new episode airs today.

It felt so damn refreshing to see Luffy cling onto Zoro like that, just like at the old days, I was hoping that would happen. A little dense of Hawkins to fight against Luffy and Zoro, pretty sure he's smart enough to know he can't beat them. I guess we'll see him getting his ass kicked next episode...
Aug 10, 2019 8:42 PM

Jul 2007
One reply lol. seriously come on people this is sad. This arc has been fire, i expect more people to discuss this amazing series.

In any case. Wano is shaping up to be pretty awesome. Correct me if im wrong but this is the one large arc in the whole series that has showcased this many super nova's all in one place. This is honestly the stuff of legends and it only gets better and better from here on out.

Aug 10, 2019 8:50 PM

Nov 2016
Love it when Luffy shows his sense of responsibility. His reunion with Zorojuro was great too xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2019 9:07 PM

Oct 2015
I can't believe Zoro doesn't feel his stomachache that much, what a strong bastard! I liked how he saved that woman just for the Sake.

Hawkins should be a breeze for those two, considering how strong they grew. Can't wait for Luffy's sword skills:-)
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 10, 2019 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
This really does feel like a completely different show, I actually like watching One Piece again. You can tell this new director isn't just copy pasting the manga, he's elevating the source material really well.

Loved the reunion between Luffy and Zoro and I'm looking forward to their fight against Hawkins.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 10, 2019 10:48 PM

Jul 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
This really does feel like a completely different show, I actually like watching One Piece again. You can tell this new director isn't just copy pasting the manga, he's elevating the source material really well.

Loved the reunion between Luffy and Zoro and I'm looking forward to their fight against Hawkins.

I am assuming that either Basil joins them or he gets his ass handed to him. (non manga reader)

Loving the new art direction though. fucking awesome
Aug 10, 2019 11:09 PM

Mar 2015
I really love this new art style!

And glad Luffy's finally met up with Zoro! The next episode should be great!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 11, 2019 12:00 AM

May 2016
The Chemistry between these two never gets old.. still remembering their first time when Zoro was Hanged at the marines.

Aug 11, 2019 12:29 AM

Nov 2012
Outside of some derpy animations, this episode was really good.

Side note, I looked up the next episode title cards, episode 900 will cover chapter 914, this episode covered chapter 912, so expect a big amount of filler scenes.
Aug 11, 2019 12:51 AM

Sep 2014
Lol'd when Luffy clinged onto Zoro like this. Sort of reminded me the slapstick comedy pre-timeskip. Also, it was hilarious how casually Zoro mentioned he has a stomachache from eating poisoned food. Luffy wouldn't have a problem eating there since he is immune to poison lol Now they are both about to take on Hawkins. Just cannot take Luffy's samurai pose seriously. He utterly sucks at using swords.
Aug 11, 2019 2:09 AM

Dec 2011
Wano arc keeps being perfect and so many awesome scenes this episode. Love the added scenes that are anime only to make the episode more longer..
Aug 11, 2019 2:42 AM

Oct 2017
Did you guys think that the woman wanted to "compensate" Zorojuro with more than a "THANK YOU".

Also didn't like how when Zoro started cutting those 2 weaklings, and you couldn't see any blood, just 2 blue flashes. /So much censorship/

Overall: Nice Ep.
Aug 11, 2019 2:48 AM

Apr 2014
Zoro is happy, therefore I am happy.
Aug 11, 2019 3:28 AM

Oct 2015
It's weird how Luffy hasn't mentioned that Ace was his brother. Not like it would be useful in any way, though.

It's difficult to take Luffy seriously with a sword in his hand. Probably just punches people while holding the sword.
Aug 11, 2019 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
So let me get this straight. Basil Hawkins, arguably one of the weakest supernovas, think it's a good idea to take on Luffy and Zoro at the same time, supported only by a bunch of fodder. Realistically he should get destroyed hard next episode.
Aug 11, 2019 5:15 AM

Feb 2013
Haha, poison only maked Zoro have stomach pains.
Aug 11, 2019 5:56 AM

Jun 2019
I like the animations in this series now, they seem made to exalt Zoro with his cold eyes and his swords. Nice reunion between him and Luffy.
Aug 11, 2019 5:58 AM

Jun 2019
Gator said:
So let me get this straight. Basil Hawkins, arguably one of the weakest supernovas, think it's a good idea to take on Luffy and Zoro at the same time, supported only by a bunch of fodder. Realistically he should get destroyed hard next episode.
He has no change on winning against those two. Zoro could rape him at any time by now. Too bad that didn't happen.
Aug 11, 2019 6:00 AM

Jun 2019
kaitonic said:
Wano arc keeps being perfect and so many awesome scenes this episode.
Toei is flexing on us hard with that animation lol
Aug 11, 2019 6:23 AM

Apr 2013
FuriousNutSlaps said:
kaitonic said:
Wano arc keeps being perfect and so many awesome scenes this episode.

Actually I think the animation is average at best tbh, the art is quite nice though.
Aug 11, 2019 6:34 AM

Jun 2019
Gator said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:

Actually I think the animation is average at best tbh, the art is quite nice though.
I mean, we didn't expect a ghibli animation level but considering the last arcs of One Piece, it's safe to say it's the best among those. The new art style make it better too. It is obvious that Toei is going all out on this arc, even considering the short time they have to adapt a single episode.
Aug 11, 2019 6:50 AM

Apr 2013
FuriousNutSlaps said:
Gator said:

I mean, we didn't expect a ghibli animation level but considering the last arcs of One Piece, it's safe to say it's the best among those. The new art style make it better too. It is obvious that Toei is going all out on this arc, even considering the short time they have to adapt a single episode.

I agree that this is some of the best animation-wise in One Piece in the recent years and maybe the best art ever. I don't know why, but Toei decided to put some more effort into the Wano arc. Definitely improved my opinion on them and makes the latest episodes more fun to watch.
Aug 11, 2019 10:45 AM

Aug 2015
Guys, don´t worry about the stomache pain being "just" that, it woud play a bigger role a little bit after this...and some people will be really mad about it.

Nice episode even though the adapted about 1 chapter of the manga.
Aug 11, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2008
Seeing Zoro and Luffy reunited was awesome.
Aug 11, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2010
I want to see what Luffy does with the sword. I was expecting him to just give it to Zoro.
Aug 11, 2019 2:22 PM

Apr 2019
Zoro and Luffy back together!
Zoro being a badass as usual, although it is nice to see him smile every so often.
Looking forward to the fight next week!

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Aug 11, 2019 8:04 PM

Feb 2015
Luffy suggested that he could take Tama with him and look for food, water and a doctor (he took a sword from the wall), Hitetsu warned him that there’s a wilderness in the way, there could be Kaido’s soldiers and that the sword is cursed. Luffy left, Komachiyo joined them in the way, they encountered with the wilderness (Tama explained that the animals are poisoned), and crossing it, they encountered with Zoro, who saved a women from two soldiers, suddenly, a group of soldiers arrived led by Hawkins, they all prepared to battle.

What a cliffanger, I’m not worried about Luffy and Zoro, but excited to watch what Hawkins can do against them, great characters appearing again. Animation over the standard for One Piece. So that’s another sword that Zoro could carry. Funny encounter between these two.
Aug 11, 2019 8:51 PM

Jul 2013
This episode gave me the biggest smile on my face. Seeing the reunion between Luffy ad Zoro is something only One Piece fans can really understand :)

It's crazy that this big nose guy has one of the 21 king swords. I can see how Zoro will maybe get it. The question will be, which sword will he replace for it?

I hope in the future Tama will hear about what happened at Marine Ford, especially for Luffy.

Classic Zoro rescues the woman just because he wanted sake hahaha. No things get interesting. Even if I think Hawkins isn't anything Luffy or Zoro should be worry about I also want to see what Luffy can do with that sword and how Zoro will react to it. As far as I can remember Luffy had only one or maybe two times where he fought with a sword right?

Aug 12, 2019 9:59 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Classic one piece pacing right here, well at least the show looks nice consistently so far in this arc, hopefully that remains to be the case for the next year or two while this arc lasts.
Aug 12, 2019 10:32 AM

Jun 2014
Gator said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:

I agree that this is some of the best animation-wise in One Piece in the recent years and maybe the best art ever. I don't know why, but Toei decided to put some more effort into the Wano arc. Definitely improved my opinion on them and makes the latest episodes more fun to watch.

The other guy already said it but this episode did NOT have a lot of good animation. It was fine for what it was but due to how good the composite, line filter, and storyboards meshed together, the episode didn't need it and they could save up resources for future fights. The art was super well done and polished on top of that so the episode was almost seamless if you weren't really scrutinizing it. The little bits of character animation also carried the interactions.

Like Skippy said in his episode review, I think this also represents the new average for the Wano arc. Even if there isn't a lot of flashy animation or sakuga, it's still going to be a damn good episode. And by farrrr, Wano is elevating the manga in leaps and bounds.
Aug 12, 2019 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
Well back to Wano , Zoro and Luffy finally meets after so long.Lmao Zoro only got a stomachache after eating poisonous foods.
Aug 12, 2019 2:52 PM

Jul 2015

Anyone else also feels uncomfortable by sanji's hands in the break screen

normal people: suffering from pain after eating poisoned food

zoro: I have stomachache-de-gozaru

Aug 12, 2019 3:05 PM

Jul 2007
Gator said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:

If you knew just how important this arc is from a story standpoint and also from a passionate standpoint. Oda has been wanting to draw wano since he first started the manga. That is honestly the reason why the studio is going all out, its to honor the author with one of his mostly highly anticipated arcs. Knowing that, you can only imagine the kind of story impact this one will have considering he's planned it from the very beginning and has been very eager to write this one.

Aug 12, 2019 9:02 PM

Dec 2014
zoro and luffy unite...so something is up with the sword
Aug 13, 2019 6:59 PM
Jan 2019
After two weeks, we return to history. So, Luffy has in his hands one of the 21 excellent-grade swords. I had not realized that the long-nosed old man comes from one of the Sky Islands. Now we know the promise Ace made to Otama, I wonder if Luffy will tell her that Ace is her brother. (Memories always make me sad). The reunion between Luffy and Zoro was very funny 😂.
This episode stayed in the best part. To wait until Saturday. By the way, what does Luffy know about handling a sword? LOL.

Ps: Uff! I can't wait to see the new One Piece movie. That glorious animation.
Aug 15, 2019 12:14 PM
Oct 2007
I've said this before but the Wano Land arc is really impressive and going all out. We'll probably have another 1-2 years before this arc conclude and I really hope they're able to make every single episode consistently good throughout.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2019 11:31 PM
Jan 2019
Luffy acting strange now taking the sword without reason but just feelings without explanation this is strange

but I like the new arc
Aug 17, 2019 8:05 PM

May 2014
Pretty alright ep. The animation is really so much better even at it lowest like in this ep. Amazing how much difference it's with the director. Sad to see Luffy think about the dreadful moments he had with Ace last moment. He have got over it and become stronger is what one may see, but I am still prefer the a bit sadder face. But hey then again I understand why he has the expression when Ace death is mentioned. It's true that if he has this mentality he won't be triggered right away if someone should badmouth Ace, or so I think. Ofc. he will beat the ass out of them, but he will not make a big scene when he isn't supposed to do it.

Apropos Ace death:

Nice to see Zoro again. Their reunion is always funny and something unexpected happens. Poor Zoro, lol.

All in all nice ep. Can't wait to see Hawkin's power tomorrow. :)
Aug 24, 2019 10:41 PM

Dec 2013
Luffy and Zoro reunion!

I love how Luffy continues eating the meat after telling Zoro that it's poisonous.

Hawkins has arrived!
Sep 2, 2019 9:35 PM

Dec 2018
I really love Luffy and Zoro reunion here! xD
And ah, when i see 'zoro in action', thats really awesome!
Sep 5, 2019 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
Well at least now we're back to the wano arc? But whatever look at the balls on this basil hawkins man haha Luffy is an unofficial yonko with a billion and a half bounty on his head but this mofo is still somehow very confident
Sep 20, 2019 12:19 AM
Jun 2015
Finally Luffy is reunited with Zoro. Can't wait till all the Strawhats are back together.
Sep 24, 2019 7:30 AM

May 2014
Damn, Luffy is such a fucking troll lmfaoz
Oct 19, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2015
Zoro x Luffy <3333, after a year plus of missing Zoro he is fully back
Dec 24, 2019 4:16 PM

Jan 2015
Finally a reunion with Zoro!
It felt like ages because so many things have happened since last time they were together. I wonder what are the other members doing.
Jan 27, 2020 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
*Luffy picks up sword*

Me: Do you even know how to wield that Luffy? A meitou of all things?

*Luffy getting serious at the end with a sword pose*

Me: Ok... I can feel some aura here.

The troublemaker duo who never heard of a 'plan' or anything remotely close to the word are finally reunited. What is Hawkins planning? Does he think he can beat both Luffy and Zoro? I know he is much smarter than that.

I also wonder if Zoro will notice Luffy's sword and how special it is. I am sure he will be interested in it.

I am surprised Luffy hasn't told Otama that he is Ace's brother. He was never one to sugarcoat words, always blunt and straightforward. I guess he truly moved on from the whole ordeal?
Mar 29, 2020 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
"Watch out, it's poisonous meat" ... proceeds to eat it anyway ... Luffy's hunger never stops him.

Was beautiful to see Luffy finally meet up with Zoro again, he was truly happy to see him again :D
Jun 9, 2020 9:52 AM
May 2020
The creatures looked really cool, Zoro and Luffy are reunited, and Hawkins is now front and center! It is going to be great to see him fight next episode!
Aug 26, 2020 3:16 PM

Jun 2016
The relationship of Luffy and Tama is a sweet one. It seems both Luffy and Tama saw Ace as a big brother who broke a promise, telling Luffy that he would never die, and telling Tama that he'd be back. It would be good for them to grieve together, they understand each other's pain even if Tama doesn't know that yet. Although with the time skip, Luffy has taken over more of the Jimbei role to Tama, appreciating and loving and missing Ace, but accepting the fact and making sure she does too. The loss of Ace is tragic, and the way Tama will reflect on what they were still planning to do even more so.

Obviously seeing the dynamic duo have a reunion was a highlight. The relentless tackle, the nonchalant talk about poison before eating the food, it feels good to see them back together. Hopefully the poison doesn't debilitate them too much because having an immediate standoff with one of the supernovas together should be a beautiful reintroduction.

I wonder if Hawkins who predicts the future would decide to team up with the Straw Hats if his reading suggested that they had the advantage, and moreover, if there will be a moment where he refuses to follow his readings and instead embraces the irrational by fighting for what he believes in regardless. He's a mysterious character, one that we haven't gotten familiar with. It seems Kidd and Killer probably refused to team up with Kaido, but Apoo and Hawkins did. Further, when talking about how this was Sabaody 2.0, I had forgotten that Law should be here too. It really is!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.