Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2019 3:13 PM
Aug 2019
phantomfandom said:
... It seems like Tanjiro doesn't win yet because spiders seem to work fine after beheaded. ...

(Quoted only the part i need from the full reply at page 1)

Tho you forget that only ways to kill a demon in this show is either with demon slayer sword/skills thru sword or sun, and demons cannot kill other demons (only the boss demon guy can kill his "kids" ... the guy Tanjiro is searching). So yeah ofc the spider demon brat could behead his sister and to not kill his sister at the same time, cause they are both demons but here we are seeing Tanjiro using his special upgraded skill to behead the demon brat, so we'll just see if it will work or not.

It looked so epic tho that i believe that it worked, Tanjiro killed the brat. It's another question that how long does the kid have time to blabber with a body apart from his head. For now we have seen regular demons get kinda long period of time to tell how they feel and what they think, so maybe twelve kizuki member (aka a stronger demon) can hold on longer?
+ Then the Tanjiro older (the guy who bondaged Inosuke to the tree and killed the daddy spider) could propably come and see/witness how Tanjiro junior won the member of the twelve kizuki or something like that and Tanjiro jr would become a champ horray

Apr 2014
This episode was awesome and finally Nezuko shown her true powers and both her and Tanjirou were awesome. I can't wait for the next episode.

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
nanashi796 said:
he was able to cut rui's neck only because of nezuko's blood fire in the katana that destroy demons cells,and btw you think he won when he clearly say that tanjirou can't win lol.

Nezuko's blood fire is quite an asspull though.
They basically got 2 OP power-ups at the same moment.
why an asspull when all the others demons have it,and nezuko is not normal demon.
Aug 10, 2019 3:16 PM

Dec 2013
nanashi796 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Nezuko's blood fire is quite an asspull though.
They basically got 2 OP power-ups at the same moment.
why an asspull when all the others demons have it,and nezuko is not normal demon.

She doesn't even eat humans. And she didn't use any Blood Demons Arts before.
It's just too convenient. I can't buy this shit.

It still did look nice though.
Aug 10, 2019 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
DeathTheKid4 said:
HectorBlaze said:
Honestly after I read the comments I think that this episode would be amazing but after I’vee seen it I don’t think so. Beautiful graphically but nothing else for me.

Exactly, basically like the whole show was so far. Pretty colors, great animation, but nothing storywise..

Totally agree. I would add that this show gives me a sensation of “already seen” and this is evident more and more for me, honestly I don’t like this.
Aug 10, 2019 3:25 PM
Aug 2017
Ventus_S said:
faker1 said:

Hey
Is the manga worth it? I might start it after the end of the show but i'm scared i'd not enjoy it at the fullest, like what happened with haikyuu

Manga recently has got alot better, but early part you have to bare with crappy artwork and combat.

It doesn't even come remotely close to UFO's production value and detail/ storyboard/ paneling/ artwork.

I still like the manga with better pacing. The scenes in the manga are more emotional.
Aug 10, 2019 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
this is it bois
10/10 insert song and smooth af credit transition. Don't have a comment on animation tho but that Nezuko ass-pull came outta nowhere

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Aug 10, 2019 3:34 PM

Mar 2014
Best episode in series without a doubt. 11/10
SlarkeroAug 13, 2019 11:06 AM
Aug 10, 2019 3:35 PM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
nanashi796 said:

in the manga isn't full explained yet why nezuko is like this,but there are some theories, she gains power when she sleeps,she didn't use it before because she didn't need it,i don't see the problem,tanjirou was in danger and nezuko saved him,it could be convenient for you but is not an asspull by any means,and there was no better time to introduce her new technique,the presentation and execution are very good.
Aug 10, 2019 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
Applauding in real life cause that was fantastic. Nice to hear Nezuko actually speak too, even if it's just internal monologue.
Aug 10, 2019 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
el_morris said:
Ufotable fucking did it again!! Art, choreography, animation, and that insert song, man if that doesn't get you emotional consider asking if you are even a human.
some people have depression dude
Aug 10, 2019 3:48 PM
Nov 2013
Watching this new episode gotten my blood boiling with the dance learned from his father finally reveal that his dad had a beef/involvement with the turn-demon demon
Aug 10, 2019 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
Easily the best fight scene all year. Top-tier animation but the choreography was amazing as well. Shame the bitrate was half as high as it should've been. The powerups did seem a bit random but I assume they'll explain that more later, it was awesome none-the-less. Also was great actually hearing Nezuko SAY something again, even if it was in her head.

Lastly, that ending song from Shiina Go and Nakagawa Nami was beautiful and perfectly timed
Aug 10, 2019 3:58 PM
Jan 2019
This episode wasnt even that special. Even though Tanjiro had his little fire techique foreshadowed when his sword was delievered I just cant grasp the idea that his power evolved that much, enough to defeat a lower Kizuki when he's in the lowest demon slayer rank. Seems like everything people need is a beautifull action scene with a good OST.
CarlosPinaAug 10, 2019 4:01 PM
Aug 10, 2019 4:04 PM

Jan 2017
All hail UFOtable!

Only they are able to pull off such a marvelous episode. It was perfect in every possible way, absolutely over-the-top animation and breathtaking direction with glorious background music.

6/5 episode
100/10 studio dedication
Aug 10, 2019 4:07 PM

Jan 2017
Haven't felt adrenaline in a while from anime. 10/10 episode
Aug 10, 2019 4:07 PM

Jun 2015
Ten said:
Well, it looks cool and all but the fighting techniques still make no sense, feels just like power of friendship pulled out of nowhere at the last second and I don't see how making it about sibling bond is any better. I guess, it's touching and impressive visually but overall nothing special.

yeah power of friendship BS welp.

what can u expect
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 10, 2019 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
The scenes at the end gave me literal chills AH
Ufotable pls take a bow that was easily the best episode so far

So breathtaking!!
Aug 10, 2019 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Holy fuck, I don't even come here anymore, but that ep is what it takes to make me comeback to write "holy fuck", holy.
Aug 10, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2018
This episode deserved a solid 5+/5, like 6/5 at least for the second half ! I loved it so far, always appreciated the water effect when Tanjiro used to cast his attacks but this fire form was even more beautiful.

Amazing moment when brother & sister united their "parents" teachings, answering their sort of dreaming call to arms.
Aug 10, 2019 4:17 PM

Oct 2017
Himawari9 said:
Ventus_S said:

Manga recently has got alot better, but early part you have to bare with crappy artwork and combat.

It doesn't even come remotely close to UFO's production value and detail/ storyboard/ paneling/ artwork.

I still like the manga with better pacing. The scenes in the manga are more emotional.

The thing is those type of plot literally is in my "been there done that" territory from a manga veteran like me. (I read shonen since I was 9 and now I am 25+)

Most shonen that's aiming toward teenagers got really boring to me (especially something like Hero Academia/ One Piece), so I need something more to spice things up (something like creativity, mature plot, interesting premises)

A good production of anime with mind blowing animation and gorgeous OST on top of great atmosphere / VA's is just the perfect recipe to make an old formula feel fresh and enjoyable again.

PS: Tbh I think before ep 12 or something the emotional part of anime is done way better than manga, like that kid who his sister got eaten, and that time when Natsuko consider the doctor duo human, anime is done way more emotionally captivated than the manga with the perfect OST and the perfect pause and perfect voice acting to build out the emotion.

Thus why I continue watching this serie, and boy my decision was so right after seeing this episode. UFO is anime industry's savior.
Ventus_SAug 10, 2019 4:22 PM
Aug 10, 2019 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
I am so happy Ufotable got this series. The story, characters, animation, OST.... just everything I love it. Haven’t been this excited for an anime for a long time. I can’t believe it’s gonna end soon, my Saturday are gonna be so empty now. Even with all the Shounen‘s we have this season, this is by far my favourite. I hope Ufotable dose continue with this series.

Tanjiro is my new best boy <3
Aug 10, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
Kougeru said:
Shame the bitrate was half as high as it should've been.

Wakanim Nordic has higher bitrate.
And CR actually has new encoding settings (8000 VBR) but this episode was encoded with old CR, for some reason.

mitsukicoco said:
I am so happy Ufotable got this series. The story, characters, animation, OST.... just everything I love it.

Not like Ufotable has good directors or anything. They just follow manga.
People hype their animation but their directing is rather bad.
Actually, they didn't release anything good in years.

UBW was average.
Zestiria and God Eater were disasters.
Aug 10, 2019 4:25 PM
Apr 2019
DeathTheKid4 said:
HectorBlaze said:
Honestly after I read the comments I think that this episode would be amazing but after I’vee seen it I don’t think so. Beautiful graphically but nothing else for me.

Exactly, basically like the whole show was so far. Pretty colors, great animation, but nothing storywise..

I think the people who complain about this episode or the series not being strong story wise are just not invested in the characters at all. If that's the case nothing story wise will ever work for you. I doubt you felt the emotional payoff that the almost overwhelming majority felt this episode and you probably won't for any future climatic events. So what about just not watching the anime and instead just look at youtube clips of the sakuga animation or something lol. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Also one of the main reasons why plot armor or Deus Ex Machina are writing flaws is because they completely detract from the experience and take you out of the story because of how much they stand out as being just writing flaws. If you already heavily dislike an anime, its very often you would be more nitpicky about these things because you've already been taken out of the experience. I don't think there is much of asspulling this episode because:

1. Tanjirou's heritage and its significance when it comes to demon slaying has already been foreshadowed since Muzan's reaction to the earrings. We already know someone along Tanjirou's bloodline nearly killed Muzan. We only had allusions to Tanjirou's dad before this, so bringing him in this episode and to show the significance of Tanjirou's bloodline feels less like a pull out of nowhere and more like utilizing a character that was foreshadowed for a while.

2.We also know that Nezuko hasn't awakened or found her Blood Demon Art yet - it was only a matter of time before she found out what it was and how to use it. To be fair, it almost seems obvious it would only awaken in a climatic moment because honestly it just adds another level on top of the emotional payoff that makes it cathartic, since her bond and care for her brother allowed her to find that power.

Kamiyan3991 said:
nanashi796 said:

At this point I'm not even sure why you're watching lol, I think the show's magic is completely lost on you. You won't buy anything the story has if you don't understand the emotional side of things that require you to be invested in it. The reason why Nezuko found her power was because of the emotional strength she found in herself to save her brother which lines up perfectly with the themes of this arc.

Also the whole 'Why can Nezuko be powerful when she don't eat people' has been at least somewhat explained by Tamayo before IIRC.
Aug 10, 2019 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
Kamiyan3991 said:
Kougeru said:

And CR actually has new encoding settings (8000 VBR) but this episode was encoded with old CR, for some reason.

mitsukicoco said:
I am so happy Ufotable got this series. The story, characters, animation, OST.... just everything I love it.

UBW was average.

Of course there's always someone whos gotta be a downer .-.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 10, 2019 4:29 PM
Oct 2013
Episode and anime of the year, i literally cried
But i think this episode won't be that good compared to episodes of the upcoming second season
Aug 10, 2019 4:32 PM
Jul 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Kougeru said:

mitsukicoco said:

UBW was average.

Shirai, Suhara, Miura, Kei, Sudo, Takahashi, Takuechi ,Nonaka are all fantastic directors, it is not often you find a studio will this much talented inhouse directors but sure they are all bad.
Aug 10, 2019 4:33 PM

Oct 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
Kougeru said:

mitsukicoco said:

UBW was average.

For Zestiria, the game's plot itself is a disaster, so even with god like animation won't save the disastrous plot, but at least it makes it watchable.
Aug 10, 2019 4:34 PM
Aug 2019
Anyone know the ed song?the new one
Aug 10, 2019 4:35 PM
May 2019
Hinokami Kagura, Dance!
Aug 10, 2019 4:42 PM
Oct 2018
CarlosPina said:
This episode wasnt even that special. Even though Tanjiro had his little fire techique foreshadowed when his sword was delievered I just cant grasp the idea that his power evolved that much, enough to defeat a lower Kizuki when he's in the lowest demon slayer rank. Seems like everything people need is a beautifull action scene with a good OST.

Tanjiro is not a normal demon slayer though. His father was apparently special enough that muzan wanted tanjiro dead for wearing the same exact earings. His father had some secret "technique" that must have made him the best demon slayer when he was alive. This technique was revealed in this episode. my guess is that this new breathing technique is hereditary since tanjiro has the same mark as his father on his head.
Even Nezuko is unique. every demon they meet says that she has a weird aura that is different from other demons.
Aug 10, 2019 4:46 PM
Apr 2013
Holy fuck, what was this episode?! This was just fucking breathtaking! This is what anime should look like every time... Man, I'm afraid I have to watch quite a lot of shittier animation to get my wishes back to normal level after seeing this... Well, time for Arifuretas CGI abominations, it seems xD
Aug 10, 2019 4:46 PM
Jun 2016
dude... i legit teared up in a fight scene that i knew the main character was going to win...
The last sequence was so good it felt like i was watching a movie and i forgot i was watching a weekly anime for a moment.
1000000/10 episode. If the season ended here on a cliffhanger after a fight i wouldn't mind at all.
Aug 10, 2019 4:49 PM
Nov 2016
So i guess we get to hear Nezuko talk after 12+ episodes
Aug 10, 2019 4:51 PM

Feb 2019
OhMyGOOOODD said:
Anyone know the ed song?the new one

Kamado Tanjirou no uta.

Here`s the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXFFC1vI20
Aug 10, 2019 4:53 PM
Jan 2019
Mythologically said:
CarlosPina said:
Seems like everything people need is a beautifull action scene with a good OST.

Yeah, Sherlock, that's what people are watching battle shounens for.

Yeah, if you are being superficial about it.
Aug 10, 2019 4:54 PM

Feb 2018
the last sequence was one of the most beautiful things ever WOW ufotable , These long ass monologues tho . . Fucking hell WE GET IT .
Aug 10, 2019 4:57 PM

May 2010
The animation was amazing.

However, it looks like this anime does not escape the usual BS plaguing shounens.

The protagonists got power-up out of nowhere, all of a sudden, at a very convenient time, with a short convenient flashback as a justification for one. The other one got a Demon art which conveniently counters the one used by the enemy, She passed out, but also woke up at a very convenient time.

And just like that one of the 12 Kizuki got eliminated, with no drawback/loss/sacrifice.

One of the most beautiful animation with among the worst scenario ever.
Aug 10, 2019 4:58 PM
Apr 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
Kougeru said:

mitsukicoco said:

UBW was average.

You're actually 100% wrong on the 'They just follow manga' part. They added so much to the manga that you saying they have bad directors is just plain funny
Aug 10, 2019 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
Goddamn, It should be illegal to make a show look this good, I really hope we get more of this show, time to buy Manga.

It was the complete package, a villain that makes you hate their guts, a heart warming moment, the music, etc. completely breathtaking, hell we even got to see Nezuko's demon technique.

10/10
Aug 10, 2019 5:01 PM

Mar 2017
My god that was beautiful. :O
Forever grateful for the staff behind this episode and Ufotable.

'nom'
Aug 10, 2019 5:03 PM

Nov 2018
7hrs later since the episode is started; 1213 total votes, 1189 votes are 5/5 (love it) which the total grade of 98%.
Which means that all the viewers and comments are really love and it considered a greatest and one of the best of the best anime in the whole year..
Until now the vote still continue and uprising that chances they will make it to 99% at the end of the day...
PersiaJuliet23Aug 10, 2019 5:07 PM
Aug 10, 2019 5:05 PM

Apr 2016
Zryn said:
This episode was a masterpiece, best episode in the series by far. I was expecting Giyuu to come rescue Tanjirou in classic anime fashion where it looks like all hope is lost before the badass shows up. But instead they pull out the card that they implanted in the beginning of the episode where "your life flashes before your eyes to recall memories to save yourself." The breath change was totally not what i was expecting at all and was animated beautifully. Total masterpiece of an episode.

DAYUM. Just realized you're right. The episode starts with Shinobu talking about memories surfacing when you're about to die and end up with Tanjiro remembering his deceased father. The parallels and the symbolics are incredibly well-treated in this episode.

To people saying these fire powers come from nowhere, well, you haven't been paying attention. There have been clues left since the beginning, it was foreshadowed. I mean:
a) Muzan saw the earings and wants Tanjiro dead just for that and I bet he probably didn't target the Kamado household on a whim;
b) The blacksmith reacted to the color of his hair and eyes, saying it has fire in them;
c) Also, I think the color of his katana is a huge hint too. Black is no ordinary color for a sword;
d) Huge shortcut from me, may be just a theory, but this may explain why Tanjiro struggled to learn Water breathing style if he's naturally inclined to fire.

This is not an asspull. This is proper foreshadowing. You're just pissed because you didn't expect the power-up/reveal to happen like that.

I don't think KnY is unique. The story is pretty average in my mind. The show deserves a 6 or maybe a 7 for storytelling and characters only. But the execution is nearly perfect. Stories are all the same, what changes is the way you tell them.

Anyway, came here to say I may have cried waterless tears at the end...or silent shouting, call it how you want. It was amazing. Besides, I'm very happy Zenitsu was saved in time by Shinobu.
CHANGnosiaAug 10, 2019 5:09 PM
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
Aug 10, 2019 5:08 PM

May 2015
Rjstizzer said:
CarlosPina said:

Tanjiro is not a normal demon slayer though. His father was apparently special enough that muzan wanted tanjiro dead for wearing the same exact earings. His father had some secret "technique" that must have made him the best demon slayer when he was alive. This technique was revealed in this episode. my guess is that this new breathing technique is hereditary since tanjiro has the same mark as his father on his head.
Even Nezuko is unique. every demon they meet says that she has a weird aura that is different from other demons.
the demon slayer that almost kill muzan is not his father,it was centuries in the past,and tanjiro's father isn't a demon slayer.
Aug 10, 2019 5:13 PM
Apr 2014
Aohh said:
The animation was amazing.

However, it looks like this anime does not escape the usual BS plaguing shounens.

The protagonists got power-up out of nowhere, all of a sudden, at a very convenient time, with a short convenient flashback as a justification for one. The other one got a Demon art which conveniently counters the one used by the enemy, She passed out, but also woke up at a very convenient time.

And just like that one of the 12 Kizuki got eliminated, with no drawback/loss/sacrifice.

One of the most beautiful animation with among the worst scenario ever.

Yeah can't really deny KnY does have some asspull moments but I think most of them are done fairly reasonable/makes sense.

Rui's not done yet, so just wait for the next episode.
Aug 10, 2019 5:17 PM
Oct 2018
nanashi796 said:
Rjstizzer said:

the demon slayer that almost kill muzan is not his father,it was centuries in the past,and tanjiro's father isn't a demon slayer.

hmmm. I guess that makes sense because of what tanjiro's father said in the flashback when he was about to get sliced up by the spider twelve kizuki member. He said that he promised to pass the breath technique on so if the father was not a demon slayer, maybe one of his ancestors was. That ancestor was probably the guy we see when muzan has his flashback before sending demons to kill tanjiro.
Aug 10, 2019 5:25 PM

May 2015
CHANGnosia said:
Zryn said:
This episode was a masterpiece, best episode in the series by far. I was expecting Giyuu to come rescue Tanjirou in classic anime fashion where it looks like all hope is lost before the badass shows up. But instead they pull out the card that they implanted in the beginning of the episode where "your life flashes before your eyes to recall memories to save yourself." The breath change was totally not what i was expecting at all and was animated beautifully. Total masterpiece of an episode.

DAYUM. Just realized you're right. The episode starts with Shinobu talking about memories surfacing when you're about to die and end up with Tanjiro remembering his deceased father. The parallels and the symbolics are incredibly well-treated in this episode.

To people saying these fire powers come from nowhere, well, you haven't been paying attention. There have been clues left since the beginning, it was foreshadowed. I mean:
a) Muzan saw the earings and wants Tanjiro dead just for that and I bet he probably didn't target the Kamado household on a whim;
b) The blacksmith reacted to the color of his hair and eyes, saying it has fire in them;
c) Also, I think the color of his katana is a huge hint too. Black is no ordinary color for a sword;
d) Huge shortcut from me, may be just a theory, but this may explain why Tanjiro struggled to learn Water breathing style if he's naturally inclined to fire.

This is not an asspull. This is proper foreshadowing. You're just pissed because you didn't expect the power-up/reveal to happen like that.

I don't think KnY is unique. The story is pretty average in my mind. The show deserves a 6 or maybe a 7 for storytelling and characters only. But the execution is nearly perfect. Stories are all the same, what changes is the way you tell them.

Anyway, came here to say I may have cried waterless tears at the end...or silent shouting, call it how you want. It was amazing. Besides, I'm very happy Zenitsu was saved in time by Shinobu.
yeah but fucking Ubuyashiki is a masterpiece of a character and tanjirou is fantastic.
Aug 10, 2019 5:27 PM

Sep 2014
Best of the episode of the series so far for sure and to me cements that this show was at its best with Tanjiro and Nezuko together, before Inosuke and Zenitsu showed up. The music in the final scene and the emotion of it all was just incredible and I'm glad I stuck with the series for this as I was faltering some with this latter half of the show.
Aug 10, 2019 5:29 PM
Sep 2017
wow. just wow. I have to admit I got a little teary eyed at the ep montage with the family picture. Brilliant episode.
Aug 10, 2019 5:30 PM
Jul 2016
The dad dancing was done INCREDIBLY and that last sequence, I cant explain the exhilaration i have rn... I just have to make a comment to pay my respects. WTF.
Pages (22) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

41 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.