Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2019 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
These animations! This episode is by far the best episode of the year I've seen of any show so far this year!

Aug 10, 2019 1:48 PM

Apr 2017
ProofByColor said:
That looked pretty incredible. The new breathing style kinda felt like it was just pulled out of his ass for convenience but whatever. Now we have the problem where every 12 beyond this has to be even more powerful till it reaches a ridiculous point. I mean with this new breathing every other demon should be cut like butter. He just needs to practice with it a bit. I certainly wouldn't have had our protag be strong enough to take out the "super elite 12" so early on. Nezuko unlocking a blood art was pretty cool tho.

I didn't read the manga but I feel like Tanjiro always knew the fire style and it's a family thing, like that dance ritual his father did, but he didn't realize that until know.. It sounds a bit convenient, I know, but I kinda like it tbh.
Aug 10, 2019 1:49 PM
Mar 2019
Good fight to beginning to end , and crazy to think this is not the final episode of the series
Aug 10, 2019 1:49 PM
Jun 2011
ok, so like, i never post anything but this episode was so beautifully executed and animated that I actually teared up. It was sooo breathtaking to watch.

That OST was so beautiful T_T

good job ufotable. Guess I need to watch more of your work now!!!
Aug 10, 2019 1:51 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was incredible!

The awsome fight scene with those amazing visual effects and music was so brethbreathtaking.

I considered for a while to change the score to 10/10, but i'll wait for the last episode and than i will decide it.
Aug 10, 2019 1:52 PM

Feb 2011
The way the story developed aside...
holy crap this was one of the best action scenes in a looong time, rivals the likes of the ones in Mob Psycho II
Aug 10, 2019 1:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Wow.....

This episode blew my mind and this is the reason why I still watch anime till this day. I need a drink after watching an episode like that.
Aug 10, 2019 1:58 PM
Jan 2013
DeathTheKid4 said:
Worst episode so far. Plot armor galore, not for 1 but for 2 characters. That was some big bullshit, I can't get over this so easily like everyone seem to do

You want attention little kid?
Aug 10, 2019 1:58 PM

Jun 2015
Dab1za9 said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Yeah I can see that, the execution was amazing, the animation was amazing, but I can't get over that massive plot armor. Most of the people can, fair for them, I just can't. Sorry :(

I mean you see to get over it in Hunter with

seeing it is a favorite of yours.
It is the same here just a convenient solution for the protagonist

Yeah but that happened after the whole Chimera ant arc, which is still one of the best shounen arcs out there, I already experienced over 100 episodes of greatness, in Kimetsu no Yaiba I haven't seen nothing yet, if they hit us with the bullshit so soon, I don't have high hopes for the rest of the show
Fortune favours the bold!

Aug 10, 2019 1:59 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode!

The animation is top just like the OST! Without forgetting the new ending and emotion that goes with it! What a treat !
ElyshionAug 10, 2019 2:05 PM
Aug 10, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
-Aincrad- said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

You have Sword art online at your favorites, I don't expect much from your standards. I rated Kimetsu a 4/10 already, I don't want attention, I'm not a troll, nor an elitist, you can look at my profile to see how many anime I actually like and give high ratings :D

Yet the best argument you got is "YoU hAve SwOrD aRt OnLiNe At YoUr FaVoRiTeS"

That's the lamest thing you can ever do, to check someone's favourites so you can judge them

It's better than your argument tho

Aug 10, 2019 2:00 PM
Aug 2017
Fafano16 said:
Nezuko is just the best. I think she will best girl of 2019 easily.

I felt really bad for the demon. She just wanted to be a good sister. 🥺

Nah. She doesn't want to be a good sister. Everything she did was out of fear.
Aug 10, 2019 2:01 PM
May 2013
DeathTheKid4 said:
-Aincrad- said:

Oh look, someone who wants attention

You have Sword art online at your favorites, I don't expect much from your standards. I rated Kimetsu a 4/10 already, I don't want attention, I'm not a troll, nor an elitist, you can look at my profile to see how many anime I actually like and give high ratings :D

haha we dont care about ur opinion noob, everyone has different taste.

like you who like Gintama , but to me? gintama suck 3/10
Aug 10, 2019 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
nanashi796 said:
DeathTheKid4 said:
Worst episode so far. Plot armor galore, not for 1 but for 2 characters. That was some big bullshit, I can't get over this so easily like everyone seem to do

so every demon has a blood art so why nezuko can't have it,and for being an asspull the new technique must have no explanation and they explained it.

2 freaking ghosts appeared at made them use those 2 techniques. Even Tanjiro is self aware at the end of the episode saying: I wonder why I suddenly remembered that technique at that moment. He's literally admitting to the asspull xD

Aug 10, 2019 2:03 PM

Jun 2015
xeco said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

You want attention little kid?

I think you're the one who wants attention. It's none of your business what I think about this anime. :D

Aug 10, 2019 2:03 PM
Jun 2019
This was the BEST episode I ever seen
Aug 10, 2019 2:04 PM
Feb 2019
Holy shit this episode was fire. This has become my fav anime so far
Aug 10, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2015
DeathTheKid4 said:
nanashi796 said:

so every demon has a blood art so why nezuko can't have it,and for being an asspull the new technique must have no explanation and they explained it.

2 freaking ghosts appeared at made them use those 2 techniques. Even Tanjiro is self aware at the end of the episode saying: I wonder why I suddenly remembered that technique at that moment. He's literally admitting to the asspull xD

He actually remembered it because he was almost dying, you know, remember zenitsu saying "i saw my grandfather" and the girl answering saying that you see your life "flash before your eyes" when you are dying.

He was dying - saw his father breathing technic in his memories - used it

it was there, not asspull at all.
(not sure about the nezuko one, so you can have one argument)
Aug 10, 2019 2:10 PM

Jun 2019
Wow, just wow, I have never been amazed by the animation of an anime at this point... Including Shaft and very beautiful description art in series like 3-Gatsu no Lion (although they cannot be really compared...). This cinematic sequence at the end exceeded all previous ones, which were already super high level. Probably the best animation I have seen so far, just thrilling and beautiful. Now I have high hopes for the next Fate movie! ;-)

This really reassures me because I was (as many) also annoyed by the two new characters (shouting or crying is no personality, sorry), plus one slightly boring episode where they recover from injuries. If this continues like this, this show will probably have one of the best animation and art of the year (for shounen at least), easily exceeding the ones of the likes of SnK.

I bet that this show will become the shounen people can be proud to like in public. At this pace haters will be lacking of material!
Aug 10, 2019 2:17 PM
Apr 2019
After the end of episode 18 I was already wondering "can this anime look any better?" And so today episode 19 was released and ... WHAT WAS THAT? All Tanjiro's suffering to kill the oni and fail, and then Nezuko enters the battle and almost becomes mincemeat (I lost count of how many times I widened my eyes and screamed MY GOD). And then the climax of the episode began, when Tanjiro felt like he was going to die and started remembering his father. Man, I never saw a battle in an anime that excited me so much, not to mention the soundtrack that there are no words to describe. Seriously, Kimetsu no Yaiba has become the best anime I've ever seen and it sure is the best of 2019
Aug 10, 2019 2:17 PM

Jun 2015
lezerman said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

He actually remembered it because he was almost dying, you know, remember zenitsu saying "i saw my grandfather" and the girl answering saying that you see your life "flash before your eyes" when you are dying.

I can see that, but the problem, even if he remembered that and we agree it's not an asspull, the plot armor remains, he is in the lowest rank of the Demon Slaying Corps, and he fights one of the 12 strongest demons besides the final boss, he gets utterly destroyed, yet he manages to win with the new move. Getting the new move is more or less an asspull, even if we agree it isn't, the fact remains that (as far as we know) a random low ranked demon slayer kills one of the strongest 12 demons in this world. Yeah we can argue that he killed before one demon that was formerly one of those 12, but still, this one was much more powerful. Maybe later on we'll learn that Tanjiro is an alien god like Naruto was and everything will be fine, but so far, all we know is that he has huge plot armor.

Aug 10, 2019 2:22 PM

Jan 2018
What a heart-touching episode I can't stop replaying the last 6 min of it. I know this anime is definitely getting a season 2 I'm grateful this was adopted by Ufotable. Now I'm justing waiting for some official merchandise I want a hoodie in the color scheme of Tanjirō haori.
Aug 10, 2019 2:23 PM
May 2017
Ufotable + a traditional Japanese setup: this combination is a killer, and this episode just showed that. Anime of the year material for sure.
Aug 10, 2019 2:25 PM

Sep 2017
i am speechless. i just loved it!
one of the best anime of the season for sure!
Aug 10, 2019 2:26 PM

Oct 2018
BTW I like how the last 3 episode were each focused on one characters of the trio, each episode was a big step of their character development IMO

Episode 17-Zenitsu
Episode 18-Inisuke
Episode 19-Tanjirou
Aug 10, 2019 2:31 PM
Oct 2014
as we were getting close to the ending, i was thinking "Boy this is another one of those cliffhanger episodes"
and then they surprise with the big D animation
whoe were some gorgeous 2 minutes of quality
Aug 10, 2019 2:33 PM

May 2015
DeathTheKid4 said:
lezerman said:

I can see that, but the problem, even if he remembered that and we agree it's not an asspull, the plot armor remains, he is in the lowest rank of the Demon Slaying Corps, and he fights one of the 12 strongest demons besides the final boss, he gets utterly destroyed, yet he manages to win with the new move. Getting the new move is more or less an asspull, even if we agree it isn't, the fact remains that (as far as we know) a random low ranked demon slayer kills one of the strongest 12 demons in this world. Yeah we can argue that he killed before one demon that was formerly one of those 12, but still, this one was much more powerful. Maybe later on we'll learn that Tanjiro is an alien god like Naruto was and everything will be fine, but so far, all we know is that he has huge plot armor.
as far as we know..

Oct 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
-Aincrad- said:

Yet the best argument you got is "YoU hAve SwOrD aRt OnLiNe At YoUr FaVoRiTeS"

That's the lamest thing you can ever do, to check someone's favourites so you can judge them

It's better than your argument tho

I guess this would never end

Fine, you just didn't like this episode, and don't like the anime either, and you're not just looking for attention

But you know this is not something I would call "plot armor"

Kirito has plot armor in SAO, when he dies but actually doesn't, because why not

Here, Nezuko just used the Demon Blood Art, that every demon can do, and Tanjirou used something, that apparently his family has always been able to

Oct 2018
Ufotable, I forgive you for that shitty cliffhanger from last week. Fuck. I can't decide whos fight was better. Zenitsu's or Tanjiro's

Aug 10, 2019 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
I am glad to see Zenitsu getting the antidote that he needed so desperatly. So he's gonna be fine, I just wonder if there has been done any damage to his body by the poison that can't be undone.

Ofcourse the child Spider Demon is one of the Twelve Demon Moon. He's a lot tougher than he looks. Seeing Nezuko hanging there with those threads around her, it made me worry. But with all bad things, comes good things, Nezuko finally shows us her Blood Demon Art, that was so cool! You can never get between the bond of siblings. Something the Spider boy didn't understand one bit at all.

But man, this episode... THIS FUCKING EPISODE WAS LIT. The animation was off the damn charts, Ufotable outdone themselves if you ask me. The soundtrack as well, was beautifull, very nice fit for a deciding battle soundtrack.

The whole Ending sequence was so great I am lost for words, like the words I have already given can't do the episode justice.. So beautifull yet so thrilling, you're sitting on the edge of your seat. What an ARTISTIC MASTERPIECE!
Aug 10, 2019 2:37 PM

Apr 2016
Honestly after I read the comments I think that this episode would be amazing but after I’vee seen it I don’t think so. Beautiful graphically but nothing else for me.
Aug 10, 2019 2:41 PM

Oct 2017
Shun_Lee said:
What a heart-touching episode I can't stop replaying the last 6 min of it. I know this anime is definitely getting a season 2 I'm grateful this was adopted by Ufotable. Now I'm justing waiting for some official merchandise I want a hoodie in the color scheme of Tanjirō haori.

UFO never did anything more than 26 episodes before.
We'll see how this goes.

Maybe JC would take over :P
Aug 10, 2019 2:42 PM

Oct 2017
ThousandCuts said:
Ufotable, I forgive you for that shitty cliffhanger from last week. Fuck. I can't decide whos fight was better. Zenitsu's or Tanjiro's

It's not even a competition...
Zenitsu has his moment but it's just the average fight scene we've seen all episodes, plus his flashback is meh.
Aug 10, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2017
This anime will probably be 10/10 for me... after this episode I'm pretty sure..

Shun_Lee said:
Maybe JC would take over :P

don't. DO NOT SAY THE "J" WORD, DO NOT EVEN JOKE; JUST NO FAM, JUST NO
Aug 10, 2019 2:49 PM
Jan 2014
Superns18 said:
Mehaei said:
Such an awesome episode. Does anyone know the name of the ed song?

I was trying to find it for you on the subreddit but they deleted it smh

I found it on youtube, but I want the name :D Thanks though!
Aug 10, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2013
Guess Kimetsu went Nanatsu no Taizai's route.
I liked the episode but storywise/logicwise is was pure bullshit.
Dude, with next random power-up you gonna kill the last boss barehanded.

Prove me wrong.
Aug 10, 2019 2:55 PM

Jan 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:

Prove me wrong.

You’ll be proven wrong lmao trust me
Aug 10, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2014
Mehaei said:
Superns18 said:

I was trying to find it for you on the subreddit but they deleted it smh

I found it on youtube, but I want the name :D Thanks though!

The song is called 'Kamado Tanjiro no uta'='Kamado Tanjiro's song'
Aug 10, 2019 3:00 PM
Dec 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Prove me wrong.

Hey
Is the manga worth it? I might start it after the end of the show but i'm scared i'd not enjoy it at the fullest, like what happened with haikyuu
Aug 10, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2017
Oof. My man's playing with fire, this anime has reached another level of litness... I like characters whose attribute is fire, so when he had water, I was like "fair enough " -only 'cause of how the water looked like traditional paintings. But now. Now, that was orgasmic, the water becoming almost molten in a way.
But the sudden power. Big no no.
P.S.
That gave me a real ahegao face.
tidoesstuffAug 12, 2019 2:55 AM
Aug 10, 2019 3:01 PM

Dec 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Prove me wrong.

Welp, he couldn't do shit vs. that weak demon but he killed this one with broken sword. Nothing can surprise me at this point.
Nanatsu no Taizai had the same problem.

I still liked this episode but shit went to dogs storywise.
Aug 10, 2019 3:01 PM
Dec 2016
and yeah this ep was so GREAT that not only it made me open mal again after a looong time but even comment for the first time
awesome
Aug 10, 2019 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Welp, he couldn't do shit vs. that weak demon but he killed this one with broken sword. Nothing can surprise me at this point.

Wait for the next episode before saying anything
Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn’t have this kind of problem
Aug 10, 2019 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
THAT FIGHT, THAT MUSIC, THAT ANIMATION, OMFG

even Nezuko decided to throw her own flames lmao

i gave this a 10 after the first episodes...dropped to 9 because of Zenitsu...but i guess i can't keep this anime on anything below 10, holy f***
winddevil1Aug 10, 2019 3:15 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 10, 2019 3:03 PM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:

he was able to cut rui's neck only because of nezuko's blood fire in the katana that destroy demons cells,and btw you think he won when he clearly say that tanjirou can't win lol.
Aug 10, 2019 3:05 PM

Oct 2017
faker1 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Hey
Is the manga worth it? I might start it after the end of the show but i'm scared i'd not enjoy it at the fullest, like what happened with haikyuu

Manga recently has got alot better, but early part you have to bare with crappy artwork and combat.

It doesn't even come remotely close to UFO's production value and detail/ storyboard/ paneling/ artwork.
Aug 10, 2019 3:08 PM
Dec 2016
Ventus_S said:
faker1 said:

Hey

Manga recently has got alot better, but early part you have to bare with crappy artwork and combat.

It doesn't even come remotely close to UFO's production value and detail/ storyboard/ paneling/ artwork.
yeah thats the feeling i had while reading the first pages, but if ya say that it improves later on i might try it
Thanks!
Aug 10, 2019 3:11 PM

Dec 2013
nanashi796 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

he was able to cut rui's neck only because of nezuko's blood fire in the katana that destroy demons cells,and btw you think he won when he clearly say that tanjirou can't win lol.

Nezuko's blood fire is quite an asspull though.
They basically got 2 OP power-ups at the same moment.
Aug 10, 2019 3:11 PM

May 2015
Ventus_S said:
faker1 said:

Hey

i prefer the manga,this was the only episode that was better imo and maybe the zenitsu one,the manga expressions are much better and the pacing too.
Aug 10, 2019 3:12 PM

Jun 2015
HectorBlaze said:
Honestly after I read the comments I think that this episode would be amazing but after I’vee seen it I don’t think so. Beautiful graphically but nothing else for me.

Exactly, basically like the whole show was so far. Pretty colors, great animation, but nothing storywise..

Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.