Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Of course Tanjirou wouldn't hand over Nezuko so easily. I mean, come on...after everything they've been through in this series so far. I see they adapted the part where the demon took Nezuko by force. Nice to see they kept the violence in tact.

Facing off against one of the Twelve Demon Moon is no joke. The enemy this episode is on a different level compared to regular demons. The Tanjirou family flashbacks were also really touching.
Stark700Aug 10, 2019 7:56 AM
Aug 10, 2019 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
EP had me screaming OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! in slow motion during the whole Tanjiro sword dancing his way through that spider brat. THAT WAS LITERALLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FCKING ANIMATION I HAVE EVER SEEN! The way Tanijro was literally twirling around those bloody spider threads with that beautiful ass bgm, felt like this boi was dancing around him.
Hands fucking down the most beautiful/epic and emotional ep Demon slayer has had!
FIRE GOD+Water breath was lit as fudge!!!
Either this or Mob is AOTY, 2019 is such a grand year for shounen lovers.
Aug 10, 2019 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
Kimetsu no Yaiba’s all about family and bonds, and this episode proves how good is this series at expressing such themes. The family is something irreplaceable, and Tanjiro through his relationship with Nezuko shows that.
As Stark said, Tanjro would never handle over Nezuko like that, without fighting back.

Ufotable truly outdid itself with this episode, from the animation, to the voice acting, visuals, OST and everything else you might think of. And to think that Kimetsu no Yaiba has just started, and that the Natagumo Mountain Arc is the very first serious arc, it gets me hyped for what’s to come, and all manga readers know what I’m talking about.

I’m so speechless right now, Ufotable did everything in their power to make the manga justice, and this episode proves that.

I feel so sorry for everyone who dropped the series after the introduction of Inosuke and Zenitsu, ‘cause KnY is the definition of what a shounen should be

Kudos to Ufotable, anime of the year

XenocrisiApr 9, 2020 11:55 AM
Aug 10, 2019 8:08 AM

Apr 2018
KnY is very lucky isn't they? Adapted by ufotable.

I've never thought nantagumo mountain arc would ever be this good, and now I have a reason to rate this show a 10/10. This episode is a masterpiece.
Jfs_Aug 10, 2019 11:28 AM
Aug 10, 2019 9:26 AM
Feb 2018
This is THE most beautiful show that I have seen in a long time. The animation is godly, the fact that they managed to maintain this level of animation for 19 episodes without a drop in quality just shows how good Ufotable is as a studio. The voice, the direction, everything was perfect. That final scene completely surpassed the manga for me. The relationship between Tanjiro and Nezuko is just heartwarming and I love every second of it.

If I had to say one negative though, even in the manga, it did kind of annoy me when both of these fire powers came out of nowhere. Even just some foreshadowing before hand would have been appreciated.
Aug 10, 2019 9:31 AM

Feb 2018
Ufotable, take a bow. Holy crap. That last sequence was a treat to my eyes and ears. That was some MP100 season 2 level stuff.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 10, 2019 9:33 AM
Jan 2018
I haven't felt this way in years. I was legit about to get on my feet and start cheering like I used to when I was a kid. Thank you for giving me back that passion unfotable, I truly mean it.
Aug 10, 2019 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
THIS is the best episode of the year! Good god, that animation was beautiful!
The timing of the music, the voice acting, the feelings, the visuals... This is a masterpiece episode! It felt like this episode had no budget limit! I love it.
This was what all of my five senses needed!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 10, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2018
An absolute masterpiece , clearly THE best episode of the whole anime and probably one of the best of this year in my opinion . Everything was godlike: Ost , Voice acting , Animation , Feelings .Ufotable went on rampage on this one
EvidenceLTAug 10, 2019 9:52 AM
Aug 10, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2018
Holy shit this is such a feast to the eyes. Ufotable u damn wizard. Everything was extra spectacular this episode, along with that amazing ost, I felt their great bond; watching this made me wet. That aside, Tanjiro did a really good job fighting with a broken blade and he showed a hidden skill! Also, Nezuko has finally revealed her blood art which looks like an explosive one. We might expect combined moves of Tanjiro and Nezuko in the future
shimraiAug 10, 2019 10:08 AM
Aug 10, 2019 9:43 AM

Feb 2018
I just can't sort out my emotions after this episode. IT WAS FUCKING NUTS, like WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? I don't remember when I was so excited last time. This sequence, this built up, this animation and... Nezuko. I will replay this episode like for months for sure.

I bow to you Ufotable for this excited episode!
Aug 10, 2019 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode. This was easily the best one till date and perhaps one of the best episodes of anime I've seen all year.

I had a feeling that when the thread cut Tanjiro's sword last episode that the kid might actually be the really Junikizuki and it turns out he actually was.

Damn, I was actually really angry that demon kid was hurting Nezuko the way he was, how dare he hurt best imouto like that?
I was totally cheering for Tanjiro when he summoned up his breathing and started charging, the inclusion of the flashback with his father as he combines both the breathing techniques was fantastic.

The scene where their mother appears and tries to wake Nezuko back up so she can help Tanjiro take down the Junikizuki was beautiful. I teared up with how beautiful the entire final sequence was. That final slash was so satisfying.

The ED credits with all the pictures of Tanjiro and Nezuko with their family was really nice, made me smile and this whole episode did an amazing job at showcasing just how much family means to both Tanjiro and Nezuko. It's very heartwarming. :)

Animation sequences were just pure awesome, Ufotable have been on fire with Kimetsu no Yaiba. Huge props to them.
I can't wait for more and I really hope we get a second season of this.
Aug 10, 2019 9:45 AM
Sep 2015
So this is what happen when two terminal stage siscon fight each other. It seems like Tanjiro doesn't win yet because spiders seem to work fine after beheaded. But they shouldn't end episode like that, this is TV series not movie, the suspension of belief is different.

Sep 2014
Ignoring the fire powers which were random powerups for both siblings, it was one of the best animated episodes both in terms of choreography and direction. Simply stunning episode and easily the best one of the series thus far.
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Pretty good, indeed.

Who am i kidding, that was on another level entirely, narratively and visually.
Aug 10, 2019 9:46 AM
Apr 2019
This was a godly episode, it had me cheering on for Tanjiro and Nezuko. This hasn't happen to me in quite some time, cheering on the characters so loudly, and the music at the end was so beautiful. One of the best episodes in anime.
KrissCrossAug 10, 2019 9:51 AM
Aug 10, 2019 9:47 AM

Jan 2019
I'm guessing the color of the blade changed.
Just speculating. Would like to avoid the manga for now.

This is one of those rare anime that I've been saving episodes of from the start.
Hasn't let me down once from the initial impression.
Aug 10, 2019 9:48 AM

Sep 2018
OH MY GOD!!!

Amazing episode, everything was amazing the music,animation,voice acting all God tier,it was soo beautiful i want to cry...Cant wait for the next episode(as always)
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 10, 2019 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
Hori Shit moment

UFO Table once again cement themselves as one of the best if not the best animation studio.
Oh god who are you people?
Aug 10, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2016
Ufotable fucking did it again!! Art, choreography, animation, and that insert song, man if that doesn't get you emotional consider asking if you are even a human.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 10, 2019 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
Amazing episode. This show deserves better score than it currently has
Aug 10, 2019 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
Brilliant episode by Ufotable. Just brilliant. The animation. visuals, voice acting and everything else were superb. The scene where Tanjiro combined the water breathing technique and the breathing technique that his father was using was great. I couldn't help but cheer for Tanjiro. I wasn't surprised that the demon kid ended up being one of the Twelve Kizuki seeing how strong he was. Good thing Tanjiro was able to defeat with. Now he needs to get a new sword. I have to say this was the best episode of the series. 10/5.

Aug 10, 2019 9:56 AM

Mar 2015
Damn, this arc stepped up REALLY HARD, i thought this was going to be a average trip until the end, i'm shocked by this arc and this episode in particular.
Aug 10, 2019 9:58 AM

May 2014
That animation, that Go Shiina's "Kamado Tanjiro no Uta" song, and that touching flashback, should make Kimetsu no Yaiba become the anime of the year.
Aug 10, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2018
Absolutely phenomenal episode. The animation and soundtrack was god tier. Thank you Ufotable.
<Insert clever quote>
Aug 10, 2019 10:02 AM

May 2018
It was the best episode in series without a doubt.
Aug 10, 2019 10:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fudge, this was incredible! Easily the best episode of the series and potentially episode of the year right here! Ufotable, take a bow!

I’d a feeling this demon would be the Twelve Kizuki member and rightly so, such a freakish ability and innate abilities yikes. Good lord, that moment of him freaking out over Nezuko’s introduction gave me legit chills, I was so sure he’d make this snappy but thankfully he was willing to let Tanjirou go (or was he?) on a condition, albeit insane.

And then those final moments with the glorious action sequences plus the amazing animation, breathtaking stuff! Loved the inclusion of the father right before the activation of the flames and the accompanying music came at a stunning time! Oh man, this was just .. phenomenal! I couldn’t help but feel my blood rushing as Tanjirou sprinted in, phew. Seriously though, that scene of Tanjirou chopping off his neck in the end was so bloody satisfying considering how he was hurting Nezuko there! Nezuko’s mother coming in and pleading her to save Tanjirou was really touching too, brilliant stuff! Just the perfect way to end the episode with the song and the memories of the incredible family!

Nothing can beat the bond between these two, hell yeah!

Anyway, this aside, the scene between Inosuke and Giyuu was hilarious and good thing Shinobu made it in time to save Zenitsu.

Very fulfilling episode as a whole and can’t wait for more! I wonder if this is why Muzan is so wary of this family, because if so it’s totally understandable lol,
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 10, 2019 10:08 AM
Mar 2019
I’m at a loss for words. I don’t think my eyes have ever been that stimulated before. Kudos to Ufotable for making this look so damn clean
Aug 10, 2019 10:09 AM

Jan 2015
Lmao this is annoying on so many levels

Aug 10, 2019 10:14 AM

Jun 2019
This has already been mentioned by every comment but this has been the best episode so far I agree, the animation for the action scenes were far off the charts again (which ufotable never seems to fail at).

However, I felt like they rushed Tanjiro and Nezuko's Dance of the Fire God and Blood Demon Arts in order to fit it into the episode which I can get behind because many people were waiting for this moment though I felt like they could've made the flashback and their new forms much more powerful by giving it more time and shortening some of the scenes this episode but hey who am I to complain.

Nevertheless, I was sooo excited to see one of my favorite scenes being animated as I was dying for the anime adaptation to finally catch up with this scene and the wait was all worth it, I was just screaming "ohhhh' near the end of the episodes 100 times over as this show literally became even more fire.
Aug 10, 2019 10:15 AM
Jan 2018
This episode literally made me happy.. happy to be alive.. this is what i live for.. Kudos to Ufotable team... they truly outdid themselves.. everything in this episode was top notch.. i lost count of how many times i rewatched the last scene.. it was truly magnificent..
Aug 10, 2019 10:16 AM
Apr 2019
I'm not gonna lie....that last scene combined with the soundtrack...
*WOW*...one of THE best fight shown in anime up until now....thank you
Aug 10, 2019 10:17 AM
Oct 2013
BEST EPISODE OF THE SERIES so far!!!!!!!!!!!
And maybe top 5 anime episode this year!!!
Ufotable did it again, An emotional filled episode with freakish top tier animation. WOW!!!

Oct 2009
Week after week this anime continues to amaze me - the fact alone that week after week I keep watching it, despite otherwise staying away from dark twisted stuff like this even when they don't involve kids is like a minor miracle. I don't know what compels me, tbh, why I can watch this and not others, without being stressed or depressed or just getting a sort of nervous breakdown / anxiety attack. But I can. And that's good, because every minute of this anime is absolutely incredible to watch.

There's always either some silliness or some gentle fond moments somewhere even if the episode is otherwise rather bloody and action-filled and tragic. There's always time for both, just like there's always enough time for every main character to have at least an appearance that counts for more than a momentary cameo. There's always something that's either 100% enjoyable or some meaningful characterisation. Or both. I just don't know how they do this. And the visuals are absolutely stunning too, from the scenery shots to the "portraits" and close-ups, and I don't think I need to go into details about the CG-boosted action sequences - this is how they should be done. And the music just brings it all to a full circle.

...sorry if this episode "review" sonds a little too generic, but I'm honestly convinced all this just holds up for every episode. Highlighting different details for each episode can be done, of course, but the big picture remains the same: Kimetsu no Yaiba is consistently very high quality in about every aspect.

Sep 2018
Omg this episode was so OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Idk how to say, this was so amazing so awesome aaaaaaaa idk this was just the best episode of kimetsu no yaiba.

Sorry, english isn't my first language.
Jan 2019
God bless Ufotable for that Animation, Visual, Ost, Expanding the fight, and Extra Script.
Aug 10, 2019 10:18 AM

Dec 2009
WwwwoooooOOW! That was gorgeous!
Aug 10, 2019 10:18 AM

Oct 2018
JFC What an episode. 11/10

Aug 10, 2019 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
Their bond was too strong.
Aug 10, 2019 10:20 AM
May 2016
Yet again Ufotable turn a measly couple of pages of manga content into 15 minutes if pure fucking magic. Ufotable are quite possibly the best animation studio in the world.

The animation, the music, the voice acting, the pacing, so much goosebumps.

During a time where animation in anime was gradually becoming worse, we were blessed to get a gift as beautiful as Demon Slayer from Ufotable and this episode was simply perfect.

I legit can't find the words to describe how perfect this episode was because 'perfect' does not do it justice.
Aug 10, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
OH MY FUCKING GOSH WHAT DID I JUST WATCH. UFOTABLE U BEAST.
Aug 10, 2019 10:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Xenocrisi said:
Lmao this is annoying on so many levels

I feel like that'll be the only standing one for a long while, lol. It's 149-1 now, damn!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 10, 2019 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
As always , animation is nice, music too. I love the style of the show and there were plenty of great moments but god do I hate when they monologue. Every shounen manga and anime does that, I get it. But in this series in particular it is just so cheesy to me, I keep screaming god get on with it.

As much as I love watching this, and as much as I think Tanjirou is a cute boy, I can't see myself remembering any of the characters or the show in a long run. Hard to believe from shounen manga since usually the characters tend to be memorable.
Aug 10, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2015
Well, it looks cool and all but the fighting techniques still make no sense, feels just like power of friendship pulled out of nowhere at the last second and I don't see how making it about sibling bond is any better. I guess, it's touching and impressive visually but overall nothing special.
Aug 10, 2019 10:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A solid ep that while featuring excellent displays by the vets also served to show just how strong the 12 really are through the use of blood and the sense of desperation that Tanjirou is battling with. The kagura dance and the song that accompanied it while beautiful served as the perfect motivation for him to awaken a new technique that allowed him to overcome the fierce enemy that was in front of him. The inclusion of the mother too was also interesting as it served to allow through her words a gradual shift for both Nezuko and Tanjirou as they realise that they need to get stronger if they want to face the 12. The final moments of the fight was just beautiful both in terms of animations but also in showing the depth of the bonds that exist between the siblings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2018
This episode was a 10/10, got me into tears at the end
Aug 10, 2019 10:27 AM

Feb 2014
The timing when Tanjiro and Nezuko get their new powers at the same at the best moment is kinda easy of the author, but it was still good. Really nice animation, soundtrack, and really good fight.
Aug 10, 2019 10:30 AM

Apr 2009
I dunno how but Ufotable keeps raising the bar....They totally forgot that this was a 26 episode anime and not a movie lol.

I thought they would maybe censor Nezuko's scene a tad but reminded myself all they've shown already.lol.

Amazing episode
Aug 10, 2019 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
It's official now.
Anyone who does not consider this as AOTY officially has a shit taste.

Aug 10, 2019 10:32 AM

Dec 2016
Ten said:
Well, it looks cool and all but the fighting techniques still make no sense, feels just like power of friendship pulled out of nowhere at the last second and I don't see how making it about sibling bond is any better. I guess, it's touching and impressive visually but overall nothing special.

It more likely that Tanjirou already know how to use the dance but never thought about using it as a combat technique. Only now does he realize that his family dance is actually a form of Breathing like what most Demon hunter use.
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

41 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.