Forums
New
Aug 6, 2019 2:12 PM

Aug 2012
What have you guys been playing?
The best of me.
Aug 6, 2019 6:22 PM

Jan 2017
Finishing second playthrough of Fire Emblem Three Houses and replaying Witcher 3 yet again. How is Morrowind? Are you using mods to help with how outdated it is?
Aug 6, 2019 6:44 PM

Jul 2019
Borderlands 2, Omega Labyrinth Life, and emulating old classic games. That's pretty much it.
Aug 7, 2019 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
been playing persona 5 and way too much dark souls 3 and maybe a bit of minecraft here and there.
Aug 7, 2019 5:46 AM

May 2013
underscore21 said:
What have you guys been playing?

Mah man

Been juggling between Morrowind and a modded playthrough of Skyrim these days.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 8, 2019 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
I have only been playing Fire emblem three houses since it came out.

Aug 8, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
Milf Hunter 3: Tiddies and Milk
Aug 8, 2019 11:40 AM

Jul 2019
SpamuraiSensei said:
Milf Hunter 3: Tiddies and Milk

And here i thought i was the only one who loved that game, it's my favorite game.
Aug 8, 2019 3:31 PM

Aug 2012
Cneq said:
Finishing second playthrough of Fire Emblem Three Houses and replaying Witcher 3 yet again. How is Morrowind? Are you using mods to help with how outdated it is?

I actually have a couple of mods. Tamriel Rebuilt/Morrowind Rebirth along with a first person mod, a house mod and some pregnancy/romance mods where I can have a GF, marry and impregnate any NPC I wish.

There are also prostitutes in the game along with being able to prostitute yourself/adopt orphans and whatnot.

Other than that, I've been playing a thief. Really fun, you should play!
The best of me.
Aug 8, 2019 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
You can never go wrong with some Morrowind :D

I'm only playing Street Fighter these days, got hooked two years ago. I got good pretty fast cuz I played it way too much. I've traveled to some tournaments these part two years and made a lot of friends through the FGC.
Aug 9, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2017
Morrowind will always be in my top 5.

I've been playing a lot of Gun Bullet Children.
Awoo :3
Aug 9, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2012
ArcFloof said:

Bullet hells, I'll never be good at those lol. You must have good hand-eye coordination.
The best of me.
Aug 9, 2019 5:51 PM

Apr 2017
underscore21 said:
ArcFloof said:

Bullet hells, I'll never be good at those lol. You must have good hand-eye coordination.

Not as good as you'd think. I play a lot of Stepmania and stuff like that so I can press the heck out of arrow keys.
Aug 11, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood at the moment, played AC1 and AC2 many years ago (like, 10 years ago I think when AC2 was still the latest one) and just didn't continue with the series after that, decided its finally time to carry on.

I've not played Morrowind for a REALLY long time either, I should play the Elder Scrolls series again at some point. Oblivion was the most recent one that I played extensively.
Aug 11, 2019 9:48 AM

Feb 2015
underscore21 said:
Been playing a lot of Morrowind lately..

Ayy, mah homie! Always nice to roam Vvardenfell with the cliff racers as companions along the way. Good times it was.

I'm seriously back playing Minecraft because of the new update and PewDiePie's Minecraft series. Got burned out playing Oblivion for now though I'm almost done with the Main Quest.
Aug 11, 2019 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
Konradikon said:
underscore21 said:

Ayy, mah homie! Always nice to roam Vvardenfell with the cliff racers as companions along the way. Good times it was.

I'm seriously back playing Minecraft because of the new update and PewDiePie's Minecraft series. Got burned out playing Oblivion for now though I'm almost done with the Main Quest.

Did you mod oblivion at all?
The best of me.
Aug 11, 2019 12:39 PM

Sep 2014
Still not giving up on WoW, raiding mythic and having a lot of fun with it, but the rest of the game is slowly tiring the shit out of me so I am not sure if I renew my sub once the month ends.

Playing FGO but that's mobile.

Recently bought Soulcalibur VI and playing it quite a bit, trying to learn, but I suck ass at the game and am slowly getting discouraged tbh xd
Aug 11, 2019 12:48 PM

Apr 2017
Imaishi said:
Still not giving up on WoW, raiding mythic and having a lot of fun with it, but the rest of the game is slowly tiring the shit out of me so I am not sure if I renew my sub once the month ends.

Playing FGO but that's mobile.

Recently bought Soulcalibur VI and playing it quite a bit, trying to learn, but I suck ass at the game and am slowly getting discouraged tbh xd

I kinda have the urge to play WoW. I play XIV now but I miss the raiding experience. Not to mention the decade and a half of achievements and mounts.
Aug 11, 2019 7:15 PM

Feb 2015
underscore21 said:
Konradikon said:

Never I did and never wanted to. There's still the Shivering Isles expansion I saved for later once I'm finally done with the Main Quest.
Aug 11, 2019 8:03 PM

Aug 2012
Konradikon said:
underscore21 said:

Never I did and never wanted to. There's still the Shivering Isles expansion I saved for later once I'm finally done with the Main Quest.

When I played through Oblivion my first time, I went straight to shivering isles without knowing what it was. Ended up spending 20-something hours completing everything there. Amazing expansion.
The best of me.
Aug 11, 2019 11:34 PM

Feb 2015
underscore21 said:
Konradikon said:

When I played through Oblivion my first time, I went straight to shivering isles without knowing what it was. Ended up spending 20-something hours completing everything there. Amazing expansion.

Sure is. It did felt surreal exploring it and interacting with the insane inhabitants, but at the same time it's oddly fascinating. One thing I liked about Shivering Isles is the flora quite reminiscent of the alien environment of Vvardenfell in Morrowind.
Aug 16, 2019 6:27 AM

Jan 2015
Haven't played elder scrolls in a while now. Used to play Skyrim and Oblivion a lot though. I'm really looking forward to their newest game in the series but that will unfortunately still take a couple of years...
Currently I'm playing Fire Emblem on the switch, amazing game.

Aug 18, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2012
I've been playing soma, ooo it is so fucking good

I could never get into morrowind bc I find the combat incomprehensible. It's too bad cause it seems possibly more interesting than the other elder scrolls games.
Jul 1, 2020 1:50 AM

Sep 2014
Konradikon said:
underscore21 said:

I could maybe do without the cliff racers ahhaaa
But yeah I've been playing a lil Morrowind lately and it's such a blast.
It's a very dated game but it's got this fun factor that no modern games give me
Jul 1, 2020 3:03 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Morrowind is a pretty special experience when it's all brand new. It's one of the most distinct and awesome fantasy settings I've ever played, and in a series that's pretty much catered around immersing the player in the setting they're exploring, that really lets that strength shine through. They're *still* recycling lorebooks from Morrowind times because of just how deep it ran, and in Skyrim they have an entire add-on sending you to a Dunmerized Solstheim, lmao.

God, between volcanic ash deserts, giant fucking bugs, giant mushroom forests, the sheer fucking creepiness of the old dwemer ruins, sort of middle eastern flair standing in direct contrast to medieval european fantasy but relative to its place in the bigger picture still feeling like it's not just sitting there as a translation as much as its own component within that setting, it's a fucking trip to explore fresh. I still go back and do it sometimes, but when it's all new, it's special. I can look at concept art of it for days upon days.

The gameplay is super dated. So are the character models, albeit I'd argue that the setting design and environmental graphics have held up surprisingly well. That's a barrier for some, but christ, it sure as hell didn't matter to me. That setting is just so interesting and it does so well to immerse the player in exploration that dice rolls in a real time combat setting were the last thing I was thinking about.

Love Morrowind to death. It's my favorite game, like, period. Just the theme itself kind of makes me all soft inside.

And we'll never have another game like it. Every TES game from Oblivion onwards will be set in a human realm because whatever, infinitely more marketable. Morrowind is the outlier of the series and it's likely to remain so, so hold on tightly to it.
ManabanJul 1, 2020 3:14 AM

Jul 3, 2020 2:02 AM

Mar 2010
Just got morrowind. Had to take a break from the wall of text though :( Was going to make a dark elf mage but turned it into a assassin in the end šŸ˜…

More topics from this board

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - 2 hours ago

1 by Timeline_man »»
41 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

46 by 0arche »»
3 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
5 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 10 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
8 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
11 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.