Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2019 1:20 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man this show really has a warm atmosphere to it. I say that but that ending though wow, out of nowhere the news about Sato's old bf killing himself
Aug 8, 2019 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
I knew it was coming but it still left me feeling bad. Somehow it was creepier in the anime than in the manga. I always feel the episodes go by really fast.

I don't think the song they are going to sing in the live is the ending. It doesn't sound like the tune Mafuyu sings and the lyrics don't quite mean what he sang in the manga
Aug 8, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2017
I had a feeling there was something like that about Mafuyu's past... but why can't that bitch just leave him alone? He and Uecchi are happy together so just bloody back off!

I honestly didn't see it coming that Haruki is in love with Akihiko and it was also a shock that he's already got a boyfriend that he's living with.... he does not act like he's in a relationship at all!
Aug 8, 2019 1:58 PM

Apr 2009
oh no , it looks like it will only be 11 episodes. I am really liking this series.
Aug 8, 2019 1:58 PM
Nov 2013
!! Once again the anime only scenes really add so much depth to these characters, I'm a bit curious as to where this anime is going to end, but at this point I don't care, I trust that it'll be good^^
Aug 8, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
Ah the plot thickens, both for Aki-Haru and Fuyu-Ritsu.
Aug 8, 2019 2:05 PM
Apr 2016
Judging by how the anime is going to be only 11 episodes long, does anyone else feel like the concert is going to be the end episode and end with everything that happens during that/after? Sorry, I've read the manga so I am trying to be vague so I don't spoil anything. ;) The manga is still ongoing, so if the anime does well, there should be a good chance for a second season or OVA.
Aug 8, 2019 2:05 PM

Dec 2018
5/5 episode, really cute to watch Haruki struggling with Akihiko
Sato's old bf killed himself?! damn...
Aug 8, 2019 2:07 PM
Feb 2012
this is beter than fire tards and horny book club virgins
Aug 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Nov 2008
My heart goes out to you, Haruki. o7
Aug 8, 2019 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
This anime will be the end of me. Haruki x Akihiko is TOO GOOD. I love Haruki ;;
And suicide...
Aug 8, 2019 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Emsuny said:
!! Once again the anime only scenes really add so much depth to these characters, I'm a bit curious as to where this anime is going to end, but at this point I don't care, I trust that it'll be good^^

Which scenes were anime only?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2019 2:44 PM

Mar 2015
Why do I have to wait another week. Ugh! Give me more.
Aug 8, 2019 2:55 PM

Sep 2017
i Always look forward to mafuyu’s starstruck expressions. super cute!!

11 episodes seems really short, maybe it’ll be split-cour? or at least second season won’t be too far behind??
Aug 8, 2019 3:15 PM

Jul 2019
Those Akihiko and Haruki scenes were to cute they make such a cute couple, but it seems Akihiko might be spoken for. But that cliffhanger, no matter what that girl does she will not get between Ritsuka and Mafuyu 😤
Aug 8, 2019 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
The faces he made were obvious enough, but nice to have confirmation that Haruki likes Kaji. It was also great to hear about how they first met. I love that Haruki was the one who brought them together, and I love that their band is named "The Seasons" because of their names, Mafuyu was destined to join. xD Poor Haruki though, having the guy he likes come over out of nowhere like that, I would need a moment too. lol Kaji's profile isn't the only hot thing about him either. Well, great backstory, but now I'm curious about the guy who lives with him.

I also loved how they were so serious about the meat that they didn't pay attention to Haruki talking about their upcoming gig, and that Mafuyu was kind enough to put a piece on his plate. XD I wonder if Akihiko already realized how Haruki feels about him though. They have a pretty intimate friendship, and I'm sure Haruki's heart can only take so much of this proximity before getting hurt. But I guess that having him close is enough to him, at least for now. And I loved to see Mafuyu and Uenoyama texting each other while smiling, and how Mafuyu thanked him for the song he worked so hard to make, I can't wait to hear it. Mafuyu having skill in basketball was unexpected too, but kind of cool. He is even making more friends thanks to Uenoyama.

Now, I didn't like how that girl came out with his story though, I didn't like her expression either, but I doubt she is getting what she wants from doing this. I don't know how Uenoyama feels right now, but I'm sure he will wrap his head and feelings around it. I can't believe there are people blaming Mafuyu for what happened to his boyfriend either, but it seems that he will feel ready enough to talk with the guy from before in the next episode, so we might get some answers.
Aug 8, 2019 3:56 PM

Sep 2017
Eyy finally everyone has come out as gay lol. Par for the course in the genre. It was all handled very well anyway. Why this bitch gotta be trying to start drama. It's pretty fucked up that his old bf killed himself. but I really doubt Sato was the reason. This show has handled it's drama well so far, so I'm expecting this to be pretty good.
Aug 8, 2019 4:22 PM

Apr 2011
So I started watching this show blindly, I didn't knew it was shounen ai and it wasn't that obvious until episode 2 or 3. I really like the vibe of this show, it's sweet but it's also sad and honestly speaking, it makes me a bit sad the fact that the past lover of Mafuyu will be mentioned so many times.

I went to read a bit of the manga since last episode I got so eager to know what will happen and was really disappointed because they will developt their relationship and after that there is drama and drama and the other couple (who I can't say) won't show any signs until later on so, they will problaby not show them in this season (if there is more TT__TT).

Either way, I'm liking this show so far and wish they did more of this kind and stop the 4 Isekai shows per season trend... There are so many good manga to adapt >_<!!
Aug 8, 2019 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
I have to say I started this anime without expecting anything from it and it's becoming my favourite one from this season. Too bad it will be just 11 episodes long.
I really love the art and the OST!

This episode was great! We finally learned about Sato's past. I'm very curious to see what would be Uenoyama's reaction to it.
Aug 8, 2019 5:03 PM

Jan 2010
stagnantmoth said:
zimmercj said:
Judging by how the anime is going to be only 11 episodes long, does anyone else feel like the concert is going to be the end episode and end with everything that happens during that/after? Sorry, I've read the manga so I am trying to be vague so I don't spoil anything. ;) The manga is still ongoing, so if the anime does well, there should be a good chance for a second season or OVA.

I think it will end at that part too. It's a shame, there are so many moments I wanted too see animated that happen after that :'(

But I'm really glad Ugetsu finally showed up! He is my fav character and I wasn't expecting to see him at this point of the anime. Hope people don't start hating on him yet, when he showed up for only a few seconds haha

Yeah, before the anime aired, I was pretty confident they'd end the anime after
since they've only been adapting one chapter per episode, and adding anime-only stuff too.
Aug 8, 2019 6:05 PM

Sep 2017
Great episode as always

Haruki's whole story was really cute, and I'm kinda glad the sexiest guy in the anime is gay too (a)

Anyways, now I just really want to push that girl under a train to watch her suffer
Aug 8, 2019 6:31 PM

Nov 2018
This show makes me feel soft I love it. This could be 2-cour and I would say thanks. And I see, some more light on the dark backstory. I love how Mafuyu is a confident gay and had a boyfriend before (tho him having died is sad indeed)
Aug 8, 2019 6:44 PM

Jul 2013
omg so that's the kind of anime it is
lol
Aug 8, 2019 7:53 PM
Jan 2019
the ending was shocking that bitch why can't just left them alone

well i expecting this to happened sooner or later
Aug 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Mar 2018
Uh seems like it's going in a yaoi romance direction after all
I'd rather not have that tbh.. Would've enjoyed it more if Uenoyama gets together with that girl from his class and one of the older members with his sister. In the end Romance is not a main part tho so it shouldn't be that important I guess.. Up until now
Well as long as the story is good I don't have anything against yaoi

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 8, 2019 8:39 PM
Aug 2019
Honestly, this anime is amazing and makes me want to pick up reading the manga. The way the show is developing the characters of each of the band members is wonderful. It breaks it up enough that you can process the feelings and relationships without getting fatigue. I cannot wait to find out more about the middle school relationship even though my heart isn't ready. I'm hoping this gets picked up for a season 2!
Aug 8, 2019 8:45 PM

Oct 2015
Now that was a great episode.

Didn't think for a second Haruki was in love with Akihiko, no wonder he was always jealous when he interacted with those girls!

I'm curious about how is Ritsuka going to act around Sato, after finding that out! Things are really developing well for this series, too bad it's only 11 episodes.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 8, 2019 9:08 PM
Apr 2018
So many beautiful feelings slowly bubbling to the surface! I love it.
Aug 8, 2019 9:14 PM
May 2017
Aaa why she just can't be him happy with Mafuyu grr, but I know she likes him too. Damm suicide exbf... I'm anxious to next episode about Mafuyu's past.
Really cute Haruki with Akihiko, when Akihiko fallen in bed Haruki's face was so cute lol that was funny
Aug 8, 2019 9:43 PM
Mar 2015
It had a real shoujo vibe until the bitch butted in
Aug 8, 2019 9:46 PM

Jul 2017
Seriously, Uenoyama should have a permanent job in the band! Since he's so dedicated to helping Mafuyu get his groove in the band.

Looks like Haruki and Akihiko too have a BL relationship (like come on, it's obvious). Haruki is just too innocent.

Happy and delighted that everything is going smoothly...until a certain girl breaks the order for Uenoyama. This ain't going well for Mafuyu whose history is bleak. How would Uenoyama deride this?
Aug 9, 2019 12:54 AM

Mar 2016
They turned one panel of the manga (Mafuyu playing basketball) into a whole scene, and it didn't even feel out of place. They're good at adding new scenes!

The end of the episode was done quite well.

I am quite worried about how the song will turn out. Mafuyu's singing voice from the end-credits isn't as beautiful as the story describes. It's a great voice, but it has no emotional weight. Hope they surprise us with a song that really goes well with the manga panels!
Aug 9, 2019 1:40 AM
Sep 2015
What are the odds of all members in the music band are gay without knowing each other's sexual orientation before? And they're also in love with each other!
While main ships are already good, I also interest in another relationship, like Uenoyama's admiration for Akihiko, and the way Haruki need Uenoyoma to join his band at all cost. Same sex relationship is not enough for me anymore, 4P polyamory is the way to go!
Aug 9, 2019 1:47 AM

Jul 2019
The older band members as well. All out BL it is. I really hope Akihiki's intentions are honest because their relation is plaguing Haruki for years now.

Her being so straightforward... I guess it would be sth. you should know? Still this will cause some big drama next episode. I really doubt that Mafuyu himself was the cause...
Aug 9, 2019 3:01 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode. Sato's story seems sad.
Aug 9, 2019 3:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You know Haruki's story kinda reminds me of the first time I became interested in and eventually started dating a guy as well. Also I'm currently in the same situation where I really ought to at least trim the tips of my hair with how long it's grown but I never get around to it lol

Anyway I guess it was about time for everyone to come out of the closet. I don't know if the reveal about Mafuyu at the end was supposed to come as a big shock or something though because I though most of that was kind of obvious by now already
Aug 9, 2019 3:49 AM

Apr 2011
Episode mostly featuring Haruki Yaaay
I like how his hair is a metaphor for his feelings towards Akihiko
Aug 9, 2019 3:59 AM
May 2019
That horrific bitch.......

Anyway, I was so into Haruki's backstory with Aki. It was extremely cute, and I was simply rooting for him through the whole thing. I feel like Aki is quietly trying to make excuses to be closer to Haruki whenever he can. And, I mean, he MUST have an open relationship with his lover since he seems to have a back-and-forth history with Uenoyama's sister while he spends no time with whatever dude was in his bed lol

5/5 episode
Aug 9, 2019 4:19 AM

Feb 2013
K1ngOfSloth said:
I'd rather not have that tbh.. Would've enjoyed it more if Uenoyama gets together with that girl from his class and one of the older members with his sister. In the end Romance is not a main part tho so it shouldn't be that important I guess.. Up until now

Are you aware that you are watching a romance/shounen ai? Lmao

Anyway, loved this episode, the original content was pretty good and Akihiko and Haruki are just... wah. Can't wait to hear the song! Sad to know they are only going to adapt the first part of the manga though, I hope it gets a season two.
Aug 9, 2019 8:20 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So now we get a Akihiko and Haruki arc explaining how the two of them first met. It seems that Aki wants to get closer to Haruki, but he is already with another guy. I don't think the girl's intention was hurt Uenoyama by revealing Mafuyu's secret, but it was more of a fyi/warning. I'm willing to bet that the guitar that Mafuyu has right now belonged to the guy that killed himself and we don't know why he continues to carry it everywhere he goes.
Aug 9, 2019 10:11 AM
Aug 2018
Tbh i was expecting something like this to happen, someone from mafuyus life died/killed themself and thats how he got the guitar. At first i thought it would have been his fathers but after the ep where he sees his old friend i realised it wasnt and then after ep 4 with the girl saying he was dating someone in his previous school the pieces of the puzzle fell in place.

NOW AS FOR WHATS HER FACE SJSBSJSH she really trying to ruin our men’s relationship like honey leave em alone, y are girls always portrayed as thirsty and vengeful? Anyway, at least the preview for the next ep looked good so i doubt they stop talking or something. God one more week how am i going to survive😔🥺

AND HARUKI AND AKIHIKO IM-🥺
El3naAug 9, 2019 10:15 AM
Aug 9, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2016
Well... it was cute while it lasted. Damn that chick for ruining this fluffy atmosphere!

Now seriously, "The Reason" actually took me by surprise I mean, I thought Mafuyu's "trauma" might be related to his family (the death of a relative or even domestic abuse) but I really wasn't expecting it to be suicide-related at all. That sure is a pretty dark theme to approach so now I'm really interested in watching the next episode ASAP.
Aug 9, 2019 12:38 PM

Dec 2011
The warmth of this episode was starting to get to me and then that happened. Shit, the change in the atmosphere was massive.

On a side note, Haruki's gay panicking is the best thing ever. Overwhelmingly cute and comical at the same time ♥
Aug 9, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
K1ngOfSloth said:
why does it matter if he ends up dating a girl or a boy? Gay people exist. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean it is a yaoi tbh
Aug 9, 2019 4:44 PM
Apr 2018
K1ngOfSloth said:
I'm going to assume you were unaware this is a shounen ai story that will revolve around romances between boys. I notice most of your favorite characters are girls. Is your wish that the boys had gotten with girls perhaps driven by a wish to see the female characters play a larger role? Your original comment could use some clarification, as it could easily be taken as heteronormative or worse.
Aug 9, 2019 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
They laid it on kind of thick this episode. While it was nice to see some character development of the other two, it felt like this episode was both a waste and a not-so-subtle info dump due to the shortened length of the season. I can't help but notice that we ended this week's episode pretty much exactly the same way as last week's. It was like "Hey, I heard a rumor about Satou (end of ep 4). Btw everyone is gay (ep 5). So that rumor? Yeah, apparently Sato was in a gay relationship in middle school and his partner killed himself. (End of ep 5)".
Aug 9, 2019 6:28 PM
Sep 2008
haruki is so freaking adorable!!
gosh they all are!!!

and omg what is it with this girl!!!! shes the devil or something!! i thought she was nice
narutosisterAug 9, 2019 6:32 PM
Aug 10, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2010
My reaction of hearing that someone had boyfriend in middle school that killed himself would be quite different than that girl's. Like I would feel so bad for Mafuyu, i'd want to comfort him. I don't think Uenoyama will react in the way the girl is hoping for either.
Aug 10, 2019 7:17 AM

Mar 2014
Haruki's panic is so cute wtf. I want him to be with Akihiko, but his love life seems complicated to say the least. I also liked seeing Mafuyu smiling more.

That girl needs to watch her step, instead of feeling sorry for Mafuyu and being nice to him, she decided to use the awful incident to drive Uecchi away from him. And how could anyone blame him for his boyfriend's suicide, that's such a cruel and ignorant thing to say especially when you don't know anything about their relationship.

Aug 10, 2019 7:57 AM

Mar 2018
I honest to fucking god love this show! It ja so cozy, warm and has such a wonderful lazy pace but the ending... I had a feeling it would be bad but suicide...damn.

Also, why only 11 episodes. That sucks. I hope the show won't feel rushed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

113 by Mak_and_Cheese »»
Feb 17, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

133 by Kildzoo25 »»
Feb 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.