Forum Settings
Forums

If you could have any video game given an anime, what would it be?

New
Aug 6, 2019 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
Any video game at all. From any studio, any country, of any genre or rating. Bonus points if you know which studio or director you'd want working on it.

For me, absolutely Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Momodora is one of the best metroidvania games I've played, and it's story would translate really well to a short, 12 episode series. It's simple, which would give the creators a lot of creative freedom. The settings and characters would probably all look amazing in animation. I'd especially be hype to see Kaho vs Lubella animated. And I'd love to see Cath fleshed out a bit more, making that part towards the end even more heartbreaking. It could be a fun, beautiful, and engaging adventure story. I think I'd want Madhouse doing this one.

Honorable mentions:

- Splatoon (Particularly the Octo Expansion DLC for the second game. This would make an amazing dark action/comedy.)
- Mirrors Edge (the original and remake are both good.)
- Hollow Knight
- Little Nightmares
removed-userAug 6, 2019 10:26 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2019 10:23 PM
Bored

Apr 2018
Red Dead Redemption- We need more cowboy anime
Studio Bones
Directed by Shinichirou Watanabe
Aug 6, 2019 10:29 PM

Feb 2018
I think any one of the Bioshock games from the trilogy would be neat, specifically Bioshock Infinite.

Another game that I love to see turned into an anime would be Warframe.
Aug 6, 2019 10:35 PM
Apr 2017
I'll be honest, I don't really much like any of your picks (except momodora which I've never played).

Ryu Ga Gotoku is my choice, everything else is inferior by default.

Any of the souls games COULD make for good anime but could also be absolutely atrocious (the latter one being far more probable).

The first nier could also make for a kick-ass anime. The major shortcomings of the videogame (graphics & gameplay) would be obviously non-existent in this medium and the rest of it is already sensational, so far as I'm concerned (its soundtrack in particular being one of the best of the past decade, hands down).

Another game that was actually appalling but could make for an awesome anime would be remember me. Location, lore, unique mechanics and everything else would have to be mixed in with an excellent story, unlike the garbage dontnod did, but it could be really good.

Honourable mentions to gravity rush, ni-oh and the sexy brutale.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 6, 2019 10:36 PM

May 2018
Nier Automata of course. Need thicc robot thigh animated.
Aug 6, 2019 10:38 PM

Dec 2018
Super smash bros ultimate.

Why? Yes.
Aug 6, 2019 10:39 PM

Dec 2018
Neorobot said:
Studio Bones

Why would you choose the most overrated director in Anime to do anything that isn’t episodic and filled with pretty colors?
Aug 6, 2019 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
Starcraft, and Titanfall 2's campaign mode are obvious choices that would make kickass anime. Also a Mass Effect TV series with Shepard and change the ending so it doesn't suck.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 6, 2019 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
Kurgo said:
I'll be honest, I don't really much like any of your picks (except momodora which I've never played).

Ryu Ga Gotoku is my choice, everything else is inferior by default.

Any of the souls games COULD make for good anime but could also be absolutely atrocious (the latter one being far more probable).

The first nier could also make for a kick-ass anime. The major shortcomings of the videogame (graphics & gameplay) would be obviously non-existent in this medium and the rest of it is already sensational, so far as I'm concerned (its soundtrack in particular being one of the best of the past decade, hands down).

Another game that was actually appalling but could make for an awesome anime would be remember me. Location, lore, unique mechanics and everything else would have to be mixed in with an excellent story, unlike the garbage dontnod did, but it could be really good.

Honourable mentions to gravity rush, ni-oh and the sexy brutale.

I've never played Ryu Ga Gotoku or Souls. Though Momodora is sometimes referred to as " the weeby Dark Souls metroidvania." Nier would be a SUPER cool thing to adapt though, I'd be really excited to see that happen.

Octo Expansion is one of my favorite games, so I may be a bit bias. But idk, I think a series were each episode or few episodes focused on a different test chamber, leading up to the final stretch were we bring in agent 3, do the whole boss battle thing and save Inkopolis would be pretty awesome. Especially if it gave the agents a bit more personality and gave Marina and Pearl even more development then we had in the game. I also wouldn't be super surprised if it actually happened. Splatoon already has a manga, and is super popular in Japan. A girl can dream I supposed.

(ngl I actually don't know how a Little Nightmares anime would work. I just like the atmosphere and setting of the game and I don't think we have nearly enough good horror anime.)
removed-userAug 6, 2019 11:07 PM
Aug 6, 2019 10:49 PM
Bored

Apr 2018
PorchmonkeyD said:
Neorobot said:
Studio Bones

Why would you choose the most overrated director in Anime to do anything that isn’t episodic and filled with pretty colors?

Red dead Redemption anime can be episodic, similar to how Samurai Champloo is structured.
Main group has a goal but on the way they get sidetracked into other events (sidequests).
Aug 6, 2019 10:54 PM

Feb 2017
Not like a straight up adaptation or anything but something in the vain of 2010 Nier that has equally incredible characters and faces the same themes of imminent extinction and false hope, and makes me cry like a little bitch just as much as the game did.
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Aug 6, 2019 11:04 PM

Aug 2018
PATAPON
SOUL CALIBUR
ONEECHANBARA
CONTRA
MGS-V
DARK SOULS
Aug 6, 2019 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
they should make an anime out of [western normie game that wouldnt translate well into an anime]

Aug 6, 2019 11:17 PM

Jul 2017
resident evil 4
any bioshock game
Any fire emblem game
Aug 6, 2019 11:21 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I'm probably gonna sound really dumb for this but...
I'd love for Chrono Trigger and/or Chrono Cross to get anime adaptations, whether as TV or movie or whatever.

I understand that Chrono Trigger already had a promotional OVA (which most people, excluding me, didn't seem to like) and did get Toei Animation to do anime cutscenes starting from the Playstation port, but man an actual anime of the story would be awesome.
I'm sure there's people who would question if they would keep the MC in either of these two games silent or not, but hey I'd be up for it if it looks decent enough and has a good director or something.
(One thing for sure, the MC in Chrono Cross would definitely be much more interesting if he actually spoke in my opinion, cuz of all the crazy shit going on.... oh yeah, happy early 20th anniversary, Chrono Cross!)

Honorable Mentions:

• The Explorers saga of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. I know that these games already got TV specials (one for Time and Darkness and one for Sky), but I know that I'm definitely not alone in wanting a proper, full-fledged anime for this Pokémon spin-off.
    I've seen a bunch of people on YouTube discussing about how they'd love something like this and I definitely agree. The Explorers saga probably has the best story out of any Pokémon game (regardless if main-series or spin-off), period. I don't think just two specials is enough to give those games justice.

• Almost forgot about Golden Sun, gotta give that game justice too!!!

• As cool as a Super Mario RPG adaptation would be, that would also be highly unlikely considering that Nintendo seems to want everyone to forget that this game and Geno exists
Aug 6, 2019 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
Nier or Nier Automata. A better Devil May Cry adaptation would be great too.

I'd say God of War, but that would be heavily censored.
Aug 6, 2019 11:28 PM

Sep 2018
Jojo part 7, in style of red dead redamption.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Aug 6, 2019 11:31 PM
Jan 2012
Touhou. I know absolutely nothing about the Touhou series but the characters intrigue me and I'd like to know more about them without having to play all these Shoot-em-ups (not a fan of shmups or bullet hell games). I have a bunch of Touhou songs that are pretty good so I'd love hearing some anime versions of them as well.

Transistor or Bastion. Hell, any of the Supergiant games. They look gorgeous, I'd love to see what a competent animator could do with it.

And lastly, Way of the Samurai. I've only played 4, but it's kookyness would be a fun sight to behold.
Aug 6, 2019 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
OnionKnightRises said:
Touhou. I know absolutely nothing about the Touhou series but the characters intrigue me and I'd like to know more about them without having to play all these Shoot-em-ups (not a fan of shmups or bullet hell games).

Dude same. I've seen so much fanart, I've read the doujins, I've seen animations and songs, and it all seems really cool. But bullet hell games just aren't for me. I'm with you. I'd love to get to know the characters beyond what fan works I've seen.
Aug 6, 2019 11:39 PM

Aug 2018
Final Fantasy VII (the story in the game)
Final Fantasy IX
The Last of Us
God of War
Life is Strange
Aug 6, 2019 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
I need, need, need Studio Trigger to adapt the Wonderful 101! That game *perfectly* matches Imaishi's style!

Gravity Rush would be good for one as well because I still have so many questions! But I mainly just want to see more slice of life moments with Kat helping people, no matter how bizarre their request is lol. Love the girl, but sometimes I wish she would just say no lmao
Aug 6, 2019 11:43 PM

Nov 2010
Drakengard 3 (DoD 3)
Non 3D CG version would be better?
Aug 6, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2007
Aidyr said:
Any video game at all. From any studio, any country, of any genre or rating. Bonus points if you know which studio or director you'd want working on it.

Momodora is one of the best metroidvania games I've played, and it's story would translate really well to a short, 12 episode series. It's simple, which would give the creators a lot of creative freedom. The settings and characters would probably all look amazing in animation. I'd especially be hype to see Kaho vs Lubella animated. And I'd love to see Cath fleshed out a bit more, making that part towards the end even more heartbreaking. It could be a fun, beautiful, and engaging adventure story. I think I'd want Madhouse doing this one.

Omg yes! Momodora is one of my favorite games of all time! I've played through it over a dozen times and completed the highest difficulty and defeated each boss without taking any damage to get all the secret items. I think all I have left to do now is a pacifist run. I love Momodora so much! Great to see a fan of such a masterpiece game here.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 6, 2019 11:58 PM
Jan 2012
Aidyr said:
OnionKnightRises said:
Touhou. I know absolutely nothing about the Touhou series but the characters intrigue me and I'd like to know more about them without having to play all these Shoot-em-ups (not a fan of shmups or bullet hell games).

Dude same. I've seen so much fanart, I've read the doujins, I've seen animations and songs, and it all seems really cool. But bullet hell games just aren't for me. I'm with you. I'd love to get to know the characters beyond what fan works I've seen.

Yeah, and it feels difficult to even just read about it because there seems like a ton of lore for a series I don't plan on playing, except for a few fangames. It makes it a really hard series to get into, and an anime would be great as an entry point.
Aug 7, 2019 12:02 AM

May 2018
Maybe a multi perspective retelling of Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

Some adventures in the vain of Uncharted and Tomb Raider (the rebooted universe).

And this is something old and comes from the west but it's created with the aesthetics of JRPG - Septerra Core. I would like and adaptation of it.
Aug 7, 2019 12:04 AM

Jan 2013
Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but only if it 1) doesn't chicken out with the violence and sex and 2) puts the same amount of detail into medieval realism as Junketsu no Maria did (minus the magic of course).
Aug 7, 2019 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Aidyr said:

Omg yes! Momodora is one of my favorite games of all time! I've played through it over a dozen times and completed the highest difficulty and defeated each boss without taking any damage to get all the secret items. I think all I have left to do now is a pacifist run. I love Momodora so much! Great to see a fan of such a masterpiece game here.

It's so underrated! I feel like anyone I've talked to who's played it has loved it, so it sucks that it's such a niche title. This franchise needs to be talked about more damn it. Right now I'm on my third replay. I don't think I'm good enough yet to a attempt to fight all bosses at 0 damage, but hopefully one day I'll manage. The game has tons of replay value, so I definitely wouldn't mind practicing to get to that point. I recently went to a con and one of the stalls in the artist ally was selling a poster of Kaho. INSTANT BUY. The artist and I struck up a little conversation, she was super excited. Apparently I was the first person to know what it was. Question: Which is your favorite boss fight? I'd have to say either the second Lubella fight or Pardoner Fennel.
Aug 7, 2019 12:29 AM

Jul 2007
Aidyr said:
EndlessMaria said:

It's so underrated! I feel like anyone I've talked to who's played it has loved it, so it sucks that it's such a niche title. This franchise needs to be talked about more damn it. Right now I'm on my third replay. I don't think I'm good enough yet to a attempt to fight all bosses at 0 damage, but hopefully one day I'll manage. The game has tons of replay value, so I definitely wouldn't mind practicing to get to that point. I recently went to a con and one of the stalls in the artist ally was selling a poster of Kaho. INSTANT BUY. The artist and I struck up a little conversation, she was super excited. Apparently I was the first person to know what it was. Question: Which is your favorite boss fight? I'd have to say either the second Lubella fight or Pardoner Fennel.

Uuuuu! I would LOVE to buy a Kaho poster. Who is the artist? I'm freaking sad I missed out on buying the physical special edition for Switch because it came with a Momodora poster and super cute Kaho stickers. But I guess Limited Run Games only had preorders for the special edition available for just one day. I bought the regular physical edition for Switch and it is expected to arrive next month. I bought the game on Steam a couple years ago and that is the platform I've been playing it on.

I would have to agree with you that second encounter Lubella and Pardoner Fennel are some of the best boss battles. I also greatly enjoyed Archpriestess Choir and Duchess Lupiar with Magnolia. Particularly Pardoner Fennel and Duchess Lupiar with Magnolia are highly difficult to defeat without taking a hit.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 7, 2019 12:36 AM

Jun 2019
Paper Mario
TimeSplitters 2
The Mario Party Nintendo 64/GameCube/etc. series as a Game/Slice of Life
Kingdom Hearts (there's already a manga)
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (arcade origination) - Perfect combo of dark fantasy/high fantasy anime is sorely lacking, if pulled off right
House of the Dead III
Shadow Man
Perfect Dark
Turok
Half-Life 2
Aug 7, 2019 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Aidyr said:

Uuuuu! I would LOVE to buy a Kaho poster. Who is the artist? I'm freaking sad I missed out on buying the physical special edition for Switch because it came with a Momodora poster and super cute Kaho stickers. But I guess Limited Run Games only had preorders for the special edition available for just one day. I bought the regular physical edition for Switch and it is expected to arrive next month. I bought the game on Steam a couple years ago and that is the platform I've been playing it on.

I would have to agree with you that second encounter Lubella and Pardoner Fennel are some of the best boss battles. I also greatly enjoyed Archpriestess Choir and Duchess Lupiar with Magnolia. Particularly Pardoner Fennel and Duchess Lupiar with Magnolia are highly difficult to defeat without taking a hit.

[url=https://www.deviantart.com/banzatou/art/Momodora-Kaho-664869801[/url]

That's what I bought a poster of, as well as the artist who drew it. :) I didn't look through her page so idk if there's a way you could order it without meeting her at a con. But I hope you're able to snag one somehow.

As great a fight as it is, fighting Fennel always makes me kinda sad ngl. It makes me wonder why Kaho doesn't bother telling her that they're on the same side, but emotions were just running too high it seems. (I bet though. I have trouble not being hit by some of the lesser, plot insignificant bosses. I can't imagine fighting her or Lipiar and Magnolia like that.)
Aug 7, 2019 12:43 AM

Jul 2019
minecraft

/thread

actually, i'd probably watch it. real answer, i think fallout could be good
Aug 7, 2019 12:58 AM

Mar 2017
Give me a Skyrim isekai just so that the protagonist can wake up in the back of that carriage after getting hit by a truck.

'nom'
Aug 7, 2019 1:12 AM

May 2014
Okami, Muramasa and Yomawari night alone/midnight shadows.

Okami especially i'd love to see. The art style would beautiful.

Aug 7, 2019 1:18 AM

Jul 2016
My first thought was Final Fantasy, but that's been tried before and we all know it turned out.

I think a Zelda game might make for a good anime. They've already been adapted into fairly so-so manga (as has Splatoon) but some of them might make good stories if they're tightened up a bit. Ocarina of Time the Animation.

Oh, and this might sound blasphemous but Link needs to be fully voiced.
Aug 7, 2019 1:25 AM

Jul 2016
FrankyP said:
I need, need, need Studio Trigger to adapt the Wonderful 101! That game *perfectly* matches Imaishi's style!

Oh my god that'd be so cool!

I think his style could work with a lot of Platinum Games other works as well. Tons of people have already said Nier, but how about Imaishi style Bayonetta?
Aug 7, 2019 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
ubernewb said:
minecraft

/thread

actually, i'd probably watch it. real answer, i think fallout could be good

I'd definitely watch a Fallout anime if it were done well. Tbh I don't know how you'd even go about it, it doesn't seem like something that would translate to anime very well. But if a studio actually managed to pull it off, that'd be super awesome.
Aug 7, 2019 1:39 AM

Jul 2014
Watch Dogs would be interesting to see.
Aug 7, 2019 2:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Probs Yume Nikki, but maybe that'd be a bad idea in the end.;; I guess I wouldn't really care which studio.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 7, 2019 2:23 AM

May 2009
Let's get a real anime adaptation for Fire Emblem.

Also, let's get an anime adaptation for the Fortissimo VN series. Because it got an English publishing deal with a horrible localizer who made a horrible translation, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a better translation of the VN. An anime series could at least bypass that publisher.

Rowan_F said:
My first thought was Final Fantasy, but that's been tried before and we all know it turned out.
Is this about FFU, FFtSW (which basically isn't even anime), or that thing based on FF5 that I've vaguely heard about?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 7, 2019 2:28 AM

Jun 2019
No one bothered mentioning Far Cry 3? Blasphemy! Vaas is upset now.
Aug 7, 2019 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
A Shantae game by Studio Trigger
Oh.... Wait!

Aug 7, 2019 2:35 AM

Jun 2019
Now that I'm here, where the fuck is narnia? We all want to see Susan, amirite? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 7, 2019 2:41 AM

Oct 2017
the difficult thing with turning game stories into anime is that so many of the best game stories are largely from the gameplay itself. i was gonna say majora's mask, but the best part of the story is the tension the player feels from the 3-day cycle. also, something would have to be done about the silent protagonist, but even so it probably wouldn't work very well as an anime.

fancyjasper said:
Okami, Muramasa and Yomawari night alone/midnight shadows.

Okami especially i'd love to see. The art style would beautiful.

massive +1 for okami, i'd feel like studio ghibli maybe could make a gorgeous movie out of it.
Aug 7, 2019 2:51 AM

Mar 2018
- A faithful adaptation of Devil May Cry 3, 1, 4, 5 (DMC2? It doesn't exist.)
- God of War
- Rabi-Ribi
- Firefly Diary
- A Rose in the Twilight
- Touhou (fanimes don't count)

Aug 7, 2019 3:02 AM

Jul 2016
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Also, let's get an anime adaptation for the Fortissimo VN series. Because it got an English publishing deal with a horrible localizer who made a horrible translation, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a better translation of the VN. An anime series could at least bypass that publisher.

Rowan_F said:
Is this about FFU, FFtSW (which basically isn't even anime), or that thing based on FF5 that I've vaguely heard about?

I was thinking mostly about Spirits Within. I'd never even heard about the thing based on FFV
Aug 7, 2019 3:09 AM

May 2009
Rowan_F said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

I was thinking mostly about Spirits Within. I'd never even heard about the thing based on FFV
Ah.

I don't think it really even counts as anime. Sure, it's on MAL and it was made by Square but it doesn't look like anime at all.

(Also, fun fact: I liked it, for some reason. I'm not sure why, but years after I watched it, after I'd forgotten basically everything about it, I watched it again and ended up liking it again. Something about it works for me.)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 7, 2019 3:14 AM

Jul 2017
I would love a Bloodborne anime, I need more Lovecraftian anime.
Also Deus Ex, I love that series and I think it would translate well into an anime.
Honorable mentions for Nier Automata, Borderlands, Shadow of the Colossus, Witcher and Life is Strange
Aug 7, 2019 3:34 AM

Jun 2015
hitman

half life

skyrim
gleamblossom said:
Give me a Skyrim isekai just so that the protagonist can wake up in the back of that carriage after getting hit by a truck.
hahaha it should be a 1 ep ova, he has a eroge/dating sim player and hadnt played any skyrim like shit, so he tried hitting on all girls instead and got wrecked by mirmulniir and it ends there.
Aug 7, 2019 3:45 AM
Aug 7, 2019 4:15 AM

Jun 2019
The legend of Zelda without a shadow of a doubt, loved Zelda
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 3 hours ago

8 by Yonahim_Zz »»
45 seconds ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

191 by alshu »»
54 seconds ago

» Do you update the rating of anime you've already finished before? Is it an upgrade or downgrade usually?

Rinrinka - Apr 14

32 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime characters you find attractive that many people won't agree with

IssyBoy - Apr 13

38 by Maou_heika »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 4 hours ago

22 by MillerEvans23 »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.