Forum Settings
Forums

'Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.' Reveals Visual, Main Staff

New
Aug 6, 2019 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
Kadokawa opened an official website for the previously announced TV anime adaptation of Yuumikan's fantasy light novel series Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. on Tuesday, revealing a key visual (pictured) and a teaser promo. Kaede Hondo (Tejina-senpai) will voice the female protagonist Maple.

Staff
Director: Shin Oonuma (Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku), Mirai Minato (Masamune-kun no Revenge)
Series Composition: Fumihiko Shimo (Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Kazuya Hirata (Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san)
Studio: Silver Link.

Teaser PV

Yuumikan originally launched the comedy sci-fi novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2016. Kadokawa began publishing the novel with illustrations by Koin (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san) in September 2017. The seventh volume will go on sale on Friday.

Jirou Oimoto began serializing a manga adaptation in Comp Ace magazine in May 2018. Kadokawa published the first volume on November 24. The second volume is scheduled for an August 26 release.

Official site: https://bofuri.jp/

Source: Moca News
VindstotAug 6, 2019 11:07 AM
Aug 6, 2019 3:10 AM

Feb 2013
I love that more female mc in Isekai LN are finally coming with adaptations because I can finally use them as examples.. as in the west, unfortunately things only exists for most people if they are adapted to anime.
Aug 6, 2019 3:34 AM

Nov 2009
caio_brb said:
I love that more female mc in Isekai LN are finally coming with adaptations because I can finally use them as examples.. as in the west, unfortunately things only exists for most people if they are adapted to anime.

Well, in this case it's VRMMO and not isekai, but the 2 genres are kinda close I guess. ^^;
Aug 6, 2019 3:37 AM

Jul 2013
Seems cute and interesting. So she isn't trapped in the game but just playing it? I kind of like that.
Aug 6, 2019 3:37 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Godnuma and Silver Link, anime is saved

caio_brb said:

Is this even an isekai?
AntagonizedAug 6, 2019 5:18 AM
Aug 6, 2019 3:38 AM

Jul 2013
caio_brb said:

Would you be willing to recommend some completed or if incomplete at least good light novel/mangas Isekai with a female lead? Even non Isekai would be nice. I am wanting to start branching out into manga and light novels.
Aug 6, 2019 4:07 AM

Nov 2009
Calal-Chan said:
Seems cute and interesting. So she isn't trapped in the game but just playing it? I kind of like that.

Yep, just playing the game without being trapped in it.
Aug 6, 2019 4:16 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Cute girl + Silver Link.

Ah shit, here we go again. *PTW*
Aug 6, 2019 4:17 AM

Jul 2013
ezodagrom said:
Calal-Chan said:

Yep, just playing the game without being trapped in it.

Sweet we need more of those.
Aug 6, 2019 5:14 AM
May 2013
Calal-Chan said:
caio_brb said:

Would you be willing to recommend some completed or if incomplete at least good light novel/mangas Isekai with a female lead? Even non Isekai would be nice. I am wanting to start branching out into manga and light novels.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-favor-the-villainess/
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/tag-team/
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/while-killing-slimes-for-300-years-i-became-the-max-level-unknowingly/
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-an-otome-game-as-a-villainess-with-only-destruction-flags/

Aug 6, 2019 5:51 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Silver Link + Isekai/VRMMO = Usually trash for me so nah
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 6, 2019 6:06 AM

Feb 2019
misterkafuuchino said:
Cute girl + Silver Link.

Silvek Link? This must be a joke, it is an extremely bad studio that only adapts light novels totally generic with much fanservice such as C3, strike the blood, Imouto sae Ireba Ii and Death march. It is curious because they only adapt novels with themes that are trendy, first they were the LN with thematic of boys meet a magic girlfriend, then the harem battle, then the clones of oreimo, and now the isekai's and anime with video games elements.

What is special about this occasion? Is it because now the protagonist its a girl? but still it looks a lot like kirito.

I think the author intended to make another Kirito, but then, in an epiphany of originality, he said: "If I converted her, a girl could earn originality points"
RayReynoldsAug 6, 2019 6:10 AM
Aug 6, 2019 6:23 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
RayReynolds said:

Silvek Link? This must be a joke, it is an extremely bad studio that only adapts light novels totally generic with much fanservice such as C3, strike the blood, Imouto sae Ireba Ii and Death march. It is curious because they only adapt novels with themes that are trendy, first they were the LN with thematic of boys meet a magic girlfriend, then the harem battle, then the clones of oreimo, and now the isekai's and anime with video games elements.

What is special about this occasion? Is it because now the protagonist its a girl? but still it looks a lot like kirito.

I think the author intended to make another Kirito, but then, in an epiphany of originality, he said: "If I converted her, a girl could earn originality points"

Everyone of us have different taste and as for me, I enjoyed some of Silver Link's works despite them being generic or whatsoever cause I'm a simple man. No need to do some blah blah blah cause honestly I don't really care.
Aug 6, 2019 7:28 AM

Nov 2009
RayReynolds said:
misterkafuuchino said:
Cute girl + Silver Link.

The only thing this has in common with SAO is the VRMMO setting. The main character doesn't have anything in common with Kirito either other than hair color, I guess?
Also from what I've seen in the manga, I don't remember any fanservice in it.
Aug 6, 2019 8:12 AM

Mar 2017
The female mc looks cute. I have some faith with the director & SILVER LINK being in charge of it. Looks like I got something to look forward to.
Aug 6, 2019 9:00 AM

Dec 2018
Oh Great! about time they announcing anime of the Best story about a MC shieldhero.
Aug 6, 2019 10:04 AM

Nov 2008
I've just noticed that Senpai voices Maple. Also, this is looking to be a cute anime as well.

Aug 6, 2019 11:10 AM

Feb 2013
Calal-Chan said:
caio_brb said:

Sure, I'm glad you asked!

https://myanimelist.net/manga/86119/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen

https://myanimelist.net/manga/102667/Slime_Taoshite_300-nen_Shiranai_Uchi_ni_Level_Max_ni_Nattemashita

https://myanimelist.net/manga/97579/Koushaku_Reijou_no_Tashinami

Aug 6, 2019 12:13 PM
Aug 6, 2019 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
@pikrodafni
@caio_brb

Thank you both :D
Aug 6, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
pikrodafni said:
Calal-Chan said:

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/while-killing-slimes-for-300-years-i-became-the-max-level-unknowingly/
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-an-otome-game-as-a-villainess-with-only-destruction-flags/

For you, female protagonist = yuri?
Aug 6, 2019 2:43 PM
Apr 2019
YES! more lligt novel adaptations with only girls <3 <3 <3
It seems that Kami-sama heard my plea.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Aug 6, 2019 2:54 PM

Nov 2016
I don't quite see how she looks like Kirito (besides both having black hair). Just because she has a shield, she's being called the female version of shield hero.
But I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Mash from Fate/GO.

Aug 6, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
pikrodafni said:

Female protagonist is female protagonist. lol And just one of the series he mentioned is yuri. Bakarina for example is literally a series with a reverse harem.

But either way, if its a female protagonist, I don't know why being yuri change anything since it's still a female protagonist either way. In the example he made, it's an otome isekai.
Aug 6, 2019 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
Antagonized said:
Godnuma and Silver Link, anime is saved

caio_brb said:

Is this even an isekai?

ezodagrom said:
caio_brb said:

Well, in this case it's VRMMO and not isekai, but the 2 genres are kinda close I guess. ^^;

To be honest, I don't consider VRMMO series to be Isekai if it's not locked into the game, but at this point I just accepted that people will call this Isekai either way. :/
Aug 6, 2019 5:21 PM

Apr 2012
caio_brb said:
RobertBobert said:

Female protagonist is female protagonist. lol And just one of the series he mentioned is yuri. Bakarina for example is literally a series with a reverse harem.

But either way, if its a female protagonist, I don't know why being yuri change anything since it's still a female protagonist either way. In the example he made, it's an otome isekai.

The problem is not so much in yuri itself, but in the fact that yuri is a rather local representation of the female protagonist. It would be strange if someone suggested Gravitation and Super Lovers as an example of a shoujo works with a male protagonist.
Aug 6, 2019 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
the flood gates truly have been open for these kind of shows and it doesn't look like it's stopping anytime soon maybe the industry will get burnt out in a few years.

but hey it's a cute dark knight shielder so i'll at least check it out having a female MC is refreshing for this type of show
Aug 6, 2019 6:27 PM

Feb 2013
katsu044 said:
the flood gates truly have been open for these kind of shows and it doesn't look like it's stopping anytime soon maybe the industry will get burnt out in a few years.

but hey it's a cute dark knight shielder so i'll at least check it out having a female MC is refreshing for this type of show

Won't happen because for them it's just a genre so it'll keep happening. Even more because there's a huge quantity of Isekai LN to be adapted to anime so they have more than enough content to adapt it until everyone dies. lol
Aug 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
RayReynolds said:
misterkafuuchino said:
Cute girl + Silver Link.

I don't think she looks like Kirito at all XD. Nor do I think this looks or feels like anything similar to SAO. You mention fanservice yet the trailer shows none. They have also worked on plenty of non-fanservice Esque stuff such as Kokoro Connect, Non-Non-Biyori, and Tanakun for examples. Also, most studios adapt stuff that have a fanbase or are "trending". This is a way that gives them more of a chance at success.

You sound like you are forcing quite a few assumptions onto a show you have only seen a trailer to XD. Kind of baffles me honestly. Shows shallowness too. Just because something is trending doesn't mean it is bad or generic lol.
Aug 7, 2019 10:22 AM

Feb 2019
misterkafuuchino said:
RayReynolds said:

Everyone of us have different taste and as for me, I enjoyed some of Silver Link's works despite them being generic or whatsoever cause I'm a simple man. No need to do some blah blah blah cause honestly I don't really care.

Silver Link is a studio without personality ,that only copied Shaft in terms of visual style in its early years, when Bakemonogatari triumphed (proof of this is that with more than 10 years he is still remembered and continues to take more seasons than just 2 or 3 as the rest) being a novel repleted of dense dialogues, while silver link they have not done anything similar because they smaller budget which always implies limited animation, much Quality, bad designs. Also all staff who work in this is incompetent lack vision, ingenuity, direction, writing and script. all the light novels that adapt are generic as fuck are only bootleg of others: strike the blood is just another index, C3 is another shakugan no shana.
Aug 7, 2019 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
ezodagrom said:
RayReynolds said:

The only thing this has in common with SAO is the VRMMO setting. The main character doesn't have anything in common with Kirito either other than hair color, I guess?
Also from what I've seen in the manga, I don't remember any fanservice in it.

Kirito is a character without personality that only fulfills the role of self-insertion when referring to a "Kirito", it is spoken of an archetype already popularized in anime with VRMMO setting or isekai's

RayReynolds said:

I don't think she looks like Kirito at all XD. Nor do I think this looks or feels like anything similar to SAO. You mention fanservice yet the trailer shows none. They have also worked on plenty of non-fanservice Esque stuff such as Kokoro Connect, Non-Non-Biyori, and Tanakun for examples. Also, most studios adapt stuff that have a fanbase or are "trending". This is a way that gives them more of a chance at success.

You sound like you are forcing quite a few assumptions onto a show you have only seen a trailer to XD. Kind of baffles me honestly. Shows shallowness too. Just because something is trending doesn't mean it is bad or generic lol.

you know why? because the same people glorified Shield hero and SAO in their time they are also raising HYPE for this, not only here but also on twitter, those people who should eat their words, but they don't do it and just hide it. Also already I mentioned above because with silver link this anime will only be mediocre.
Aug 7, 2019 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
>Full Defense Build
>No helmet

Pffffffffffffffft
Aug 8, 2019 12:57 AM
Sep 2018
As far as I'm concerned this is similar to: Didn't I say make my abilities average in the next life!? although it isn't necessarily an Isekai because Kaede/Maple is just playing a VRMMO and having Fun with her Friends Risa/Sally and others.

Much like Adele/Mile our main character has a lack of common sense and ended up totally overpowered for different reasons.

Mile also has a bunch of cute girls around her to go on adventures, but Maple's group also ends up as a bunch of OP people who are just playing the game exploring and gaining crazy skills along the way.
Aug 8, 2019 12:59 AM
Sep 2018
caio_brb said:

it isn't Isekai per se but just VRMMO Gameplay of a girl who lacks common sense and her group's antics in game.
Aug 8, 2019 4:19 AM

Feb 2013
franzjpm said:
caio_brb said:

it isn't Isekai per se but just VRMMO Gameplay of a girl who lacks common sense and her group's antics in game.

I agree. But unfortunately, people disagree with me on it all the time. I don't even consider SAO Isekai outside of the first arc, for example, and even then, that would be forcing.
Aug 11, 2019 5:21 PM
Aug 2019
I am wanting to start branching out into manga and light novels.
Aug 11, 2019 10:47 PM
Apr 2019
Maple isn't heroin ..she is world boss..

and she strong than kirito...
Aug 16, 2019 1:03 AM
Aug 2019
I really like the look of this one...Looking forward to it ^_^
Sep 26, 2019 6:57 AM
Sep 2018
I just hope this title's light novel would get licensed and translated to English properly.
Sep 27, 2019 4:26 PM

Aug 2016
Hondo Kaede voices Honjou Kaede?

I'll be watching then.
Oct 4, 2019 11:30 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverDec 6, 2019 9:22 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.