Forum Settings
Forums

Shocking new photos show hundreds of migrants crammed into border facilities.

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 25, 2019 12:40 PM

Feb 2010
@Milennin

Using a hypothesis as a fact doesnt make it a fact.

Do you even science?

The entire IQ hypothesis was made durring the jim crow era and has little to no evidence to back it up in modern time.
Nor does any test for that actually use any countries populations actual average.

Using hypothesis as a fact really shows how little credibility you have.
Now why should anyone ever trust anything you say again?
GrimAtramentJul 25, 2019 12:53 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 25, 2019 12:51 PM

Jun 2011
logopolis said:
Milennin said:
lower average IQ,

That part alone is enough to prove your racism.
I mean I wouldn't bet money against it but I wouldn't say so, there are a lot of racists that like to use IQ as proof of superiority while ignoring the many factors that effect IQ scores. Though these people do have a lower average IQ, coming from poorer countries, and the ones migrating are probably not that well off which would also lower the average IQ even further
Jul 26, 2019 1:50 AM

Feb 2015
Tapertrain said:
I don't think we should have to house them. That's one of the reasons why I'm anti detention center.

This study shows that they get jobs and it doesn't negatively effect the economy.

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1&q=undocumented+immigrants+in+the+united+states+economic+impacts&btnG=

The Trump administration ran a study and it found that illegal immigrants contribute to the economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/refugees-revenue-cost-report-trump.html

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/19/16333778/trump-administration-rejects-study-refugees-help-economy

Lol, sure. So let's keep them living on the streets. No housing is a lose/lose situation, for both the people who come here and have nowhere to sleep and for the natives who live in the places where their streets fill up with homeless people. Then again, even giving them housing is a lose/lose situation, since they get placed in low quality living standards and make it more difficult for not so well off natives to find cheap places to live.

(Your 'study' links to a Google search and the top result requires a payment to even download the document, but considering your other news sources are far left, I'll just assume bias), let's analyse the situation in an area that gets flooded with people, viewing both possibilities:
Immigrants find jobs: This means they actively compete on the job market, making it harder for natives to get jobs.
Immigrants don't find jobs: This means they will depend on welfare checks just to get by, draining tax payers' money.

Employers discriminate against immigrants: Making it difficult for immigrants to actually get jobs and thus driving up joblessness, while retaining their business' quality standards.
Employers are forced to hire immigrants: Makes it harder for natives to get jobs. Businesses have to deal with people who don't speak the language fluently and have lower skill sets, and thus lowering quality standards.

But immigrants are super smart and skilled and good people: Okay, so what are they doing in a place that's already got their shit together (or at least used to before it got flooded by people). Why do they abandon their home country that could use their skills and intelligence far better than we do, to improve it and make it a place worth living in.
But immigrants are low IQ and lack the skill sets to function properly: So they come here just to leech off the system.

hazarddex said:
@Milennin

Do you even science?
The entire IQ hypothesis was made durring the jim crow era and has little to no evidence to back it up in modern time.
Nor does any test for that actually use any countries populations actual average.

Lol, actual studies were done and were then regarded as invalid because people got their feelings hurt by the results. But even if you don't want to acknowledge those, one only needs to look at the state of the world. No actual studies or science required. Germany was cratered twice in the last 100 or so years, absolutely decimated by 2 world wars back to back, yet they rebuilt their shit and made themselves into a first world country over the course of a decade or 2.
Meanwhile, the entire continent of Africa is still crying over how they are literally unable to crawl out of third world status because a couple of areas were invaded centuries ago.

But I guess that's all just down to luck and a healthy dose of racism, because feelings > reality?
Jul 26, 2019 1:57 AM

Apr 2012
Migrants tend to be of greater than average intelligence, seeking out new places and new situations is what intelligent (and hence adaptable) people are more likely to do, less intelligent people are more likely to try to stick with what they know and are comfortable with, even if it means dying.

"IQ" does not measure intelligence, partly because it's unmeasurable, but also because racial and cultural bias are unavoidable, and the idea has mostly been driven by racists. In particular, anyone talking about different races having different IQs is either a racist, or has been confused or lied to by racists.
Jul 26, 2019 2:01 AM

Apr 2012
Milennin appears to be one of the kind of people who came onto /b/ when it was just people pretending to be idiots to troll each other, and thought they were actually talking sense.
Jul 26, 2019 2:20 AM

Feb 2010
Milennin said:
Tapertrain said:
I don't think we should have to house them. That's one of the reasons why I'm anti detention center.

This study shows that they get jobs and it doesn't negatively effect the economy.

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1&q=undocumented+immigrants+in+the+united+states+economic+impacts&btnG=

The Trump administration ran a study and it found that illegal immigrants contribute to the economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/refugees-revenue-cost-report-trump.html

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/19/16333778/trump-administration-rejects-study-refugees-help-economy

Lol, sure. So let's keep them living on the streets. No housing is a lose/lose situation, for both the people who come here and have nowhere to sleep and for the natives who live in the places where their streets fill up with homeless people. Then again, even giving them housing is a lose/lose situation, since they get placed in low quality living standards and make it more difficult for not so well off natives to find cheap places to live.

(Your 'study' links to a Google search and the top result requires a payment to even download the document, but considering your other news sources are far left, I'll just assume bias), let's analyse the situation in an area that gets flooded with people, viewing both possibilities:
Immigrants find jobs: This means they actively compete on the job market, making it harder for natives to get jobs.
Immigrants don't find jobs: This means they will depend on welfare checks just to get by, draining tax payers' money.

Employers discriminate against immigrants: Making it difficult for immigrants to actually get jobs and thus driving up joblessness, while retaining their business' quality standards.
Employers are forced to hire immigrants: Makes it harder for natives to get jobs. Businesses have to deal with people who don't speak the language fluently and have lower skill sets, and thus lowering quality standards.

But immigrants are super smart and skilled and good people: Okay, so what are they doing in a place that's already got their shit together (or at least used to before it got flooded by people). Why do they abandon their home country that could use their skills and intelligence far better than we do, to improve it and make it a place worth living in.
But immigrants are low IQ and lack the skill sets to function properly: So they come here just to leech off the system.

hazarddex said:
@Milennin

Do you even science?

Lol, actual studies were done and were then regarded as invalid because people got their feelings hurt by the results. But even if you don't want to acknowledge those, one only needs to look at the state of the world. No actual studies or science required. Germany was cratered twice in the last 100 or so years, absolutely decimated by 2 world wars back to back, yet they rebuilt their shit and made themselves into a first world country over the course of a decade or 2.
Meanwhile, the entire continent of Africa is still crying over how they are literally unable to crawl out of third world status because a couple of areas were invaded centuries ago.

But I guess that's all just down to luck and a healthy dose of racism, because feelings > reality?

that small statement i highlighted really shows how far from reality you actually are.

the actual studies were not using any actual population average or a methodology that can be used to actually determine intelligence. a person can be bad at math but good at music or philosophy. a person can be good at math but bad at chemistry you can be bad at geometry but good at calculus. a person can know all the facts, but can't apply them to anything, etc. intelligence doesn't have an all defining factor it is still a branch of science that has yet to be fully solved. so no your using an inconclusive hypothesis.

also Germany was created "twice" your conveniently leaving out the parts where a bunch of other countries were involved with the rebuilding it. so i don't know where you got the made themselves part.

also you could look at geographic locations and natural resource's located in areas.

Why do they abandon their home country that could use their skills and intelligence far better than we do

you seem to be under a misconception.

moving out of a place that is hard to live in is actually a smart thing. being smart doesn't mean you do what is hard or what you might view as the right thing.

if you lived in a place unsuited to crops and with few wild life and dry weather daily making it near impossible to live there you would move.

even if you have the knowledge doesn't mean the materials or tools are available for you. also just because it's there home country doesn't necessarily mean they like it there.

also

luck is a part of reality. unless your saying people get to deiced where or whom they are born? the idea of that is laughable in fact
I suggest you look into Chaos theory before dismissing it.

Seems like in the end your the one whose using there feelings over reality if you have to rely on such a flawed hypothesis to support yourself.

@logopolis please use the edit button instead of double posting.
GrimAtramentJul 26, 2019 12:21 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 26, 2019 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
It sure does reek of bootleather in here.
Jul 27, 2019 1:05 AM

Jul 2016
Milennin said:
Tapertrain said:

hazarddex said:
@Milennin

Do you even science?

To migrate legally you have to already have a job. If you are an undocumented worker you can't collect welfare checks because they are not legal citizens.

Western Europe was able to recover from WWII because the united states government gave them 12 billion dollars in funding.

Africa is suffering because of centuries of exploitation. That region of the world wasn't just conquered but mutilated. Rival factions were mixed into the same boarders and such. Despite all of this the continent is recovering slowly but surely.

The study I linked you was peer reviewed. Are you anti academia?

You have to tell me why this NYT article was biased specifically.

The NYT is owned by capitalists. Why would they invite immigrants in if they were a drain on the countries resources.

TapertrainJul 27, 2019 1:13 AM
Aug 1, 2019 9:27 AM

Aug 2009
Silverstorm said:

ezikialrage said:

Illegals can get WIC. Illegals can get welfare by proxy of any kids they have while here in the US. Illegals can also get foodstamps and welfare if the state workers are not checking and in New York they are not checking for legal status. I don't know if you paid any attention to the democrat primary debates or even watched news clips of the debates but all of them believe illegals should get free healthcare coverage. Some states also offer benefits for illegals So to say illegals aren't getting any welfare and other tax payer aid or that no party is offering free shit to illegals is a lie.
So you're mad that the government wants to ensure US citizens (the children of those immigrants) get a minimum standard of nutrition, and provide immunization to all children in America (unless medically excluded) to further protect citizens--twisted logic my man. And you lied to ALEX in the process by mixing the context of such benefits; for shame.

Nothing I said was a lie. Illegals can get befits.WIC makes no distinction between legal and illlegal. IF illegals are getting foodstamps and welfare by proxy of the one or two kids they have here them the parents and their kids who are illegal are also benefiting. Do you think that the only one eating the food bough with foodstamps is the child that was born here while that child's parents and siblings are not eating any of it? Many states don't verify the legal status of those applying for welfare and foodstamps because they believe its not their job description to verify legal status as the elected official in the link pointed out. The only lie being told is the one by those claiming illegals can't get benefits.
ezikialrageAug 1, 2019 9:37 AM
Aug 1, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 2019
Don't come to the USA.

If you do you get shot or put in concentration camp.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP COMING
Aug 2, 2019 1:08 PM

Mar 2011
ezikialrage said:
Silverstorm said:

So you're mad that the government wants to ensure US citizens (the children of those immigrants) get a minimum standard of nutrition, and provide immunization to all children in America (unless medically excluded) to further protect citizens--twisted logic my man. And you lied to ALEX in the process by mixing the context of such benefits; for shame.

Nothing I said was a lie. Illegals can get befits.WIC makes no distinction between legal and illlegal. IF illegals are getting foodstamps and welfare by proxy of the one or two kids they have here them the parents and their kids who are illegal are also benefiting. Do you think that the only one eating the food bough with foodstamps is the child that was born here while that child's parents and siblings are not eating any of it? Many states don't verify the legal status of those applying for welfare and foodstamps because they believe its not their job description to verify legal status as the elected official in the link pointed out. The only lie being told is the one by those claiming illegals can't get benefits.
Sure, WIC and 'food stamps' are not the same--- one happens in a grocery store (the latter) while the other is dried goods (powder milk) and canned goods supplied by private contributions to the USDA happening in churches/shelters. WIC entitlements are towards children, and if you think giving donated food to children for a max of 3 years is bad--I think you just want people to suffer just cause you personally believe people should suffer--regardless of life playing a role. Like the asshole politicians that won't let restaurants or grocers give almost expired food to the homeless cause they're homeless.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Aug 4, 2019 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe they should seek asylum elsewhere.
Aug 4, 2019 10:35 PM
Jul 2019
takuc1 said:
Don't come to the USA.

If you do you get shot or put in concentration camp.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP COMING
Seriously, we had two mass shooting on same day. If you come to the USA you get shot, put in jail, or put in literal concentration camps.

What must we do more to stop you all from coming.
Aug 4, 2019 10:43 PM

Jun 2008
The American Government has a literal BIGOT as their leader who has incited other bigots to do horrific things due to the Hysteria HE has purposely started.

We now have the very definition of a “Concentration Camp” for Asylum Seeking individuals!

Some (Including Children) have died in these places!

Meanwhile the Right Wing continues to defend our Racist President because they have decided it’s better to stay on a sinking ship with their captain.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt more ashamed of being an American than I do these days...
Aug 6, 2019 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
It's funny how some of the fascists are going "how dare you call them concentration camps!" whilst others are going "why aren't our concentration camps working?"

Maybe 'funny' isn't the right word.
Aug 6, 2019 7:14 PM
Jul 2019
Wake me up when we have roller coasters of death or basements with floors made of spinning knives or milking machines that wank Mexicans to death.
takuc1Aug 6, 2019 7:20 PM
Aug 6, 2019 7:26 PM

Oct 2012
What's with the pixelation censorship? I want to see some tits.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 6, 2019 7:27 PM

Oct 2012
--ALEX-- said:
The American Government has a literal BIGOT as their leader who has incited other bigots to do horrific things due to the Hysteria HE has purposely started.
Stop calling him Big, you're making him happy.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 6, 2019 10:25 PM

Oct 2014
--ALEX-- said:

We now have the very definition of a “Concentration Camp” for Asylum Seeking individuals!

Some (Including Children) have died in these places!

Meanwhile the Right Wing continues to defend our Racist President because they have decided it’s better to stay on a sinking ship with their captain.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt more ashamed of being an American than I do these days...

As you should be sadly.
America will either be run by Monkeys or by buffoons after 2020.

Trumps approval rating has only risen and the Democrats keep on impressing me with how much of an buffooning idiots they are and the only more sane ones (Like Andrew Yang) don't get attention. Even Obama warned us about the circular firing squad and even got attacked by the dems which is a stupid move because he was one of the most loved presidents of all time.....
And their buffoonery will only help trump win again.

Meanwhile Trump keeps on being an asshole (who is right at times).

2016 was a pick your poison and so will 2020 be.
Aug 22, 2019 7:32 PM

Jun 2016
Silverstorm said:
Ultra7 said:
I don't read far right publications. Your politicians are just inept morons.
Right, so just satirical shit. Gotcha; fortunately currently you'd fit in with them lol
No, I don't read those either. Sorry :( Also, I don't see how any of this refutes what I said.
Username is subject to change.
Aug 22, 2019 7:54 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
Super easy solution, send them back. So sick of people thinking they have a right to be here. They really don't. I wish we had a merit based system and much better system of processing people out who attempt to cross the border illegally. Trumps zero tolerance policy is good, but it's obviously not effective enough.
Aug 22, 2019 8:35 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
ACasualViewer said:
When you consider what an absolute shithole the US is, why do people continue to run there to immigrate. Do they like being oppressed?
For a shithole country everyone sure does want to live here for some reason? Oh yeah, no other country in the world has the level of economic opportunities as the US. Many of these people are economic refugees not "Asylum" seekers. I love how people specifically ignore that.
Aug 24, 2019 2:10 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked

Current Events rule 2: Do not bump threads more than two weeks old.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.