Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 4, 2019 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ep 00 to be exact.
The start was hype as hell, great animation and effects all around.
We got a backstory of a 10 year old Mash and how the story will progress in its sequel. Hopefully we get animations like this showed in its opening.
Aug 4, 2019 10:21 AM
Jul 2012
Where did you uh

watch this
Aug 4, 2019 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Yo_kai said:
Where did you uh

watch this

Same question, if I may.

Aug 4, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2010
Piromysl said:
Yo_kai said:
Where did you uh

watch this

Same question, if I may.

It's a watchable video in the Japanese version of the Fate/Grand Order mobile game, but you need to have cleared the first chapter (Fuyuki) to be able to watch it.

Other than that: This was pretty nice! A little bit of backstory of Dr. Roman and Mash with some great animation at the beginning.
Let's hope that CloverWorks can keep it up for the main story!
Aug 4, 2019 11:22 AM

Feb 2016
Piromysl said:
Yo_kai said:
Where did you uh

watch this

Same question, if I may.

The episode is up on Wakanim SC
Aug 4, 2019 11:28 AM
Sep 2016
I can't remember the last time an anime episode made me tear up. It was beautiful.
The production's stunning and coupled with some of the best scene to scene directing I've seen all year. Don't want to believe I'm saying this about the FGO anime with how skeptical I was but...I'm impressed.
JudoJDAug 8, 2019 1:05 AM
1.1.Six
Aug 4, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
Nice character oriented episode .. well, the first half at least, kinda .. the rest was an ultra fast recap of previous singularities lol.

But still good. Cant wait for Babylonia.

Also for those who don't know .. she fine, dont worry.
Aug 4, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
Piromysl said:
Yo_kai said:
Where did you uh

watch this

Same question, if I may.

Wakanim Nordic or FunimationNow.

Swagernator said:
Nice character oriented episode .. well, the first half at least, kinda .. the rest was an ultra fast recap of previous singularities lol.

But still good. Cant wait for Babylonia.

Also for those who don't know .. she fine, dont worry.

I hope TV series will have Wakanim subs as well.
El-Melloi is barely watchable with shitty Aniplex subs. They even fucked up this line about Grey's identity. Bleh...
Aug 4, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
This was a very good intro to the actual storyline.
Aug 4, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2017
Romani's backstory felt a bit like Emiya's but from the perspective of a doctor.
They even spoilered some parts of Camelot lol
I am part of the people, who like Mashu and therefore I really liked the episode.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Aug 4, 2019 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Can fans even discuss this without spoiling shit?Those of us that played up to the end of part 1 got exactly what we wanted.

Perfect mix of fan service and storytelling.

Hope the rest is just as good.

Aug 4, 2019 3:06 PM

Mar 2016
It would've been nice to have had this before First Order. Mask would be more interesting.
Leonardo da Vinci made an appearance. And it was hot.
Aug 4, 2019 4:31 PM

Jul 2016
Emotional episode, they compile the journey and give it a good note. Mash is badass with that scene. Romani taking care of Mash is a wonderful scene. And a ton of cameos from FGO, like the singularity montages. Overall its a nice watch before the babylonia anime

Aug 4, 2019 7:16 PM

Apr 2007
I'm not a big fan of Babylon myself, but if this is an indication of how the main series will be then I guess it'll be pretty fun.

It was good to animate this for non-players. I love how Mash mentioned how much she developed through each singularity. Easily the best part was seeing a glimpse of each one with the game OP playing in the background. And to hear Sanzang <3 The most beautiful monk who refuses to visit my Chaldea :(
Aug 4, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2014
I really enjoyed this, art and animation are great. I hope the main series has this production.

Honestly, I really loved the short look at all the singularities leading upto Babylonia.
JAlter. <3

I should probably go read up on a summary of the story for all the singlarities though, I never read the story in the game but I do have a general idea of what happens.
Aug 4, 2019 7:57 PM
Jul 2019
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

Ahh I'm so haPPY THE TEARS aRE JUST FLOODING OUT IT WAS SOO BEAUTIFUL. i CAN'T TAKE IT AND DAMN THAT ENDING WAS SO GODDAMN AMAZING

Seeing every hero in the past six singularities, with each of the main having a line was amazing, and I felt alongside mash being formed into something by the world. AND THAT SONG ... THAT SONG THAT'S IN THE GAME AND EVER PV IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL

Words can't express my happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TTUTTT
BABYLONIA PLEASE COME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
CAMELOT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 4, 2019 8:51 PM

Feb 2017
Great way to start and build up the hype.
Seeing roman alive makes me so damn sad and happy :c
Aug 4, 2019 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
Should I watch the First Order ep or this first?
Aug 4, 2019 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
i got no idea whats fully going on since this is my first anime about Grand Order although ye they are reviving the heroic spirits by fusing it with humans that are designer babies eh (pseudo-servants)
Aug 5, 2019 12:09 AM

Aug 2009
corafima said:
Should I watch the First Order ep or this first?
First Order first.

Even in game you get their backstory after the prologue.
Aug 5, 2019 1:01 AM

Dec 2015
Really good quality for episode 0

I'm sad that more than half Servants showed in the montage won't be in anime, unless they somehow adapt all others Singularity.

HYPE FOR BABYLONIA!!
Aug 5, 2019 1:03 AM

Aug 2009
JuuzouXIII said:
Really good quality for episode 0

I'm sad that more than half Servants showed in the montage won't be in anime, unless they somehow adapt all others Singularity.

HYPE FOR BABYLONIA!!

Our best bet to see them will be an adaptation if the final chapter.
Aug 5, 2019 1:59 AM

Mar 2018
Honestly surprised at all the positive reactions to this, and it may be because I haven't played the game, but this seemed kind of... bad? The opening segment had some really poor action direction, and then the rest was just meh up until they suddenly made it into a disjointed montage with random bits of dialogue and things playing on screen, causing the episode to spiral into a nonsensical mess.
Aug 5, 2019 2:28 AM

Aug 2014
Jaces_Sanctum said:
may be because I haven't played the game

well, yes, it is

Despite what a lot of people will tell you, the adaptations for FGO are for fans (that's a given since they literally let the fans chose what to adapt through a poll), and will not be especially anime only friendly.

While you can mostly understand it if you haven't played FGO, it'll be a very different experience you'd get compared to someone who has played FGO, and a worse one, at that.
Aug 5, 2019 2:35 AM

Sep 2017
When i first saw the baylonia trailer i was like damn this is gonna be bad the characters look weird.
But NO! I was wrong!! What a great episode,seeing more about romani brought me to tears,he was so kind and such a good boy.
I ended it up watching it without subs on fgo but i only understood less than 1/4 of it,yet it pulled on my heart string especially the part where it shows the journey in every singularity :(

I hope some day they adapt short ovas for solomon too,it would be VERY emotional
tookawaiiiAug 5, 2019 2:40 AM

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Aug 5, 2019 8:50 AM

Jan 2017
Oh boy those last 3-4 minutes when they showed some scenes from chapitres 2-6 hype overload!
Aug 5, 2019 9:18 AM
Feb 2019
It was beautiful. I feel can't wait any longer
Aug 5, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2017
Jaces_Sanctum said:
Honestly surprised at all the positive reactions to this, and it may be because I haven't played the game, but this seemed kind of... bad? The opening segment had some really poor action direction, and then the rest was just meh up until they suddenly made it into a disjointed montage with random bits of dialogue and things playing on screen, causing the episode to spiral into a nonsensical mess.

"Some really poor action direction" ... Well those sakugacircle big names like Kvin, Ashita, PurpleGeth, Bloodystar really loved this scene and (almost) everyone who saw it think the same (like me).. I don't really know how can u say that it was poor action direction but who I am to "criticize" someone.

And that "nonsensical mess" was just a quick recap through the previous chapters and they even bother to do some quick sakuga when Mordred showed up
KaiserFGOAug 5, 2019 9:40 AM
Aug 5, 2019 10:46 AM
Nov 2018
You can watch it in fate grand order english community group in facebook too.This group has eng sub ep 00. Finished It 10 minute ago,React
Wow the animation dont waste my money
It is a great ep.0 But I prefer camelot.,šŸ˜Œ
Aug 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
This was surprisingly good. Haven't played the game since I don't live in the US or Japan :( It was nice seeing Mashu's backstory and Dr. Romani. It was also nice seeing all those other servants like Ruler.

Aug 5, 2019 11:32 AM
Jan 2017
The animation and the music were beautiful. Those are the things I loved about this episode. The production values were incredible.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand much about the story. I do know about the basic premise of the mobile game, but I'm not a hardcore Fate fan. After watching Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra, I'm starting to think that the Fate anime isn't really beginner-friendly. Rather, it's aimed towards the people who are interested in learning the series' lore and who have experienced the source material.

I have another problem with the saga: its attempts to explore and deconstruct the human condition. To be fair, Fate isn't the first story to explore what it means to be human and it certainly won't be the last, but the conversations here are delivered with such bluntness that they lack emotional subtlety. The deconstruction is fine, but the reconstruction is wonky.

I watch anime for fun and Fate is no different. I'm not interested in the greater mythology or the exploration of magic and superpowers, I just want a good story. I'm not saying those things are bad, but when you have to consume a lot of material just to understand what's happening in the current story, then I have a hard time watching Fate. If you like Fate for the lore, that's fine, more power to you, don't let me rain on your parade, but I'm a casual fan and I want to enjoy the story, without having to worry about additional details.

I do want to watch the upcoming anime, but it appears I won't really enjoy it unless I have already played the mobile game and honestly, I have no plans for that. Still, I want to keep an open mind and positive attitude for the anime once it comes out. Hopefully, the anime will enjoyable and deliver a positive experience.
Aug 5, 2019 1:35 PM

May 2015
Best girl Mash back for an entire series !! YESSS!!

So glad Grand Order is getting a full series so we see some more Mash. Love her so much.

Cant wait for the new season.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 5, 2019 5:11 PM

Nov 2015
Man this prequel was great. I have full faith in cloverworks to give us a great adaptation

Katsura janai, Zura da

Aug 5, 2019 5:15 PM

Feb 2018
It's a good anime?
Aug 5, 2019 7:33 PM
Feb 2016
Watching RAW in game, cries bloody tears although i don't understand japanese much and yet it remind me how much of a journey i went playing this game especially when the op song plays. Heres hoping the real babylonia doesn't dissapoint
Aug 5, 2019 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
This was so good. The quick previews of the characters through the previous singularities... amazing.
Aug 5, 2019 8:13 PM

Jan 2018
damn, da vinci is looking hot as fuck
Aug 5, 2019 11:14 PM

Nov 2011
If they have shown this before First Order, people would've care more for Mashu.

Aug 5, 2019 11:47 PM

May 2018
HeroVladimir93 said:
After watching Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra, I'm starting to think that the Fate anime isn't really beginner-friendly.

You could start with Fate/Zero where the basics are better explained. Despite what many people say - like to begin with the Deen anime or whatever, F/Z is exactly what you call beginner-friendly.
With it you can get your good story too.

Apocrypha (the anime) was kind of average and overcrowded with characters, Extra (the anime) was a surrealistic mess. Maybe they created some kind of wrong impression about the franchise to you.

Kaiser-kun said:
If they have shown this before First Order, people would've care more for Mashu.

Yeah but here we have some spoilers for First Order.
Aug 6, 2019 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
Leo said:
This was surprisingly good. Haven't played the game since I don't live in the US or Japan :( It was nice seeing Mashu's backstory and Dr. Romani. It was also nice seeing all those other servants like Ruler.

If you're on Android, use QooApp or apk. If you're on iOS, there's a way too (can refer to r/grandorder and any major FGO group)
I've been doing that (QooApp) for both JP & NA versions up to this day.

Or just simply watching First Order anime, and read the VN parts on YouTube (or other places)

abyss_will said:
damn, da vinci is looking hot as fuck

YES!
Aug 6, 2019 7:14 AM

Aug 2013
[quote=JuuzouXIII message=58124391]
Leo said:

If you're on Android, use QooApp or apk. If you're on iOS, there's a way too (can refer to r/grandorder and any major FGO group)

Or just simply watching First Order anime, and read the VN parts on YouTube (or other places)

Thank you! :)

Aug 6, 2019 8:39 AM

Sep 2009
[quote=Leo message=58125148]
JuuzouXIII said:
Leo said:

Thank you! :)

Technically you can also set VPN to JP/US temporary and make the system belive thay you have JP/US account on Google/iShop. As far as I remember, you only require it for the first installation, though, I do not remember if any other setting changes are required.
Aug 6, 2019 12:04 PM
Apr 2015
So hyped for this, can't wait to see Merlin and Ushiwakmaru. Also, am I the only one who wishes they did the other singularities too (I know they're doing Camelot)? Especially Okeanos, I had a big stupid grin when they flashed by Drake!
Aug 6, 2019 10:06 PM
Jun 2017
mash!!!

yeah!!! love this prequel episode or episode 0... as a Fate GO player, i love how they have animate dr roman, mash, leonardo da vinci and some more servants from other singularities...

(note: it even have some spoilers about the camelot arc which will be a movie, and the babylonia arc)

ohh.. and of course i have now an idea how they will put Fou into anime and its cute, even the FOU, FOU, is so cute to hear...

dr roman really did care a lot for mash...

in just few months we will be seeing the Babylonia arc and im ready for it...
Aug 7, 2019 3:27 AM

Feb 2017
This was really good. Hyped for the anime in October. Gotta catch up to the Singularites fast, didn't play in a long time.
Aug 7, 2019 9:50 AM

Aug 2012
How is this related to First Order?

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Aug 7, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2016
Jaces_Sanctum said:
and then the rest was just meh up until they suddenly made it into a disjointed montage with random bits of dialogue and things playing on screen, causing the episode to spiral into a nonsensical mess.
the studio is trying to make up for the fact that the first six main chapters haven't been animated by at least showing something, although the reason why those haven't been animated and is that the first five were hot garbage and chapter six production has been dragging its feet.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Aug 7, 2019 8:01 PM

Mar 2018
Aure0lin said:
Jaces_Sanctum said:
and then the rest was just meh up until they suddenly made it into a disjointed montage with random bits of dialogue and things playing on screen, causing the episode to spiral into a nonsensical mess.
the studio is trying to make up for the fact that the first six main chapters haven't been animated by at least showing something, although the reason why those haven't been animated and is that the first five were hot garbage and chapter six production has been dragging its feet.

That doesn't really excuse its lack of coherence.
Aug 7, 2019 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
Jaces_Sanctum said:
Aure0lin said:

It's coherent for people who play the game, which is the main target audience. The game and Fate series are huge so they can make it by mostly pandering to the fans.
Aug 7, 2019 10:20 PM

Mar 2016
Jaces_Sanctum said:
Aure0lin said:

they're assuming u already know the context behind the scenes since it did originally air within the game itself. newcomer-unfriendly =/= incoherent
Aure0linAug 7, 2019 10:34 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.