Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Senku has big visions for his future. But honestly looking at it now, it seems more like optimism.

Thought this episode is actually quite thrilling from Senku's viewpoint. No doubt he's living in a timeline that no longer can be treated the same yet he has a tactical way of thinking. I love the world he's in with the amount of natural content. Senku's moment when he made fire with those simple tools is also kinda dope. He's really adapting with this current life in this timeline.
Stark700Aug 2, 2019 7:53 AM
Aug 2, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode. In the second half, we get to see how Senkuu waking up in the stone world and how he was able to adapt to his current situation. He's pretty clever using those tools to make a fire and making shelter and clothes.

Those monkeys were funny. Senkuu is shiny monkey lol.

Aug 2, 2019 8:04 AM
Feb 2018
To me, the series is slowly turning into a pig steaming pile of shit. First sign of it was the fact the "previously" part takes two-two and a half minutes. +1:30 of opening and ~ 2 minutes of ending and "watch next" part. That makes about 19 minutes of anime's "body"... which consists mostly of characters' thoughts and stories of characters. And the main story takes just a tiny bit of airtime. Great.
Aug 2, 2019 8:05 AM

Jan 2016
Good episode, Senkuu was saved and we saw how he got to the point where he was at the first episode!
Aug 2, 2019 8:11 AM

Sep 2014
Not sure what to think about the first half but I found the second one enjoyable seeing how Senkuu survived on his own before Taiju appears.
MonkeyDHunterAug 2, 2019 8:14 AM
Aug 2, 2019 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
I can't believe they actually delayed that thing for another episode. At the same time, Senkuu's "origin story" was fun to see and DEAR GODS GIVE US BACK THE SHINY MONKEY because hot damn he's perfect.
Aug 2, 2019 8:45 AM

Mar 2017
I liked this episode but i think they could've done away with the 2 minute recap at the start and used it to create a scene to lead into next week... if that makes sense?
Aug 2, 2019 8:51 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So we get more backstory on Senkuu being the first human in the Stone World. The monkeys calling Senkuu a shiny monkey was the best part of the episode.
Aug 2, 2019 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
Even though I enjoyed this flashback I think the timing was still kind of weird. It's like they just wanted to force a cliffhanger.

I still can't get used to type of humour used here, I don't think anyone finds it funny, but maybe I'm wrong.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
I feel like this show is really underestimating explosions lol. Decent ep Senku's backstory was pretty nice, still think it's way to early to play the dramatic "main character is supposedly killed" idea that kind of stuff usually comes towards the end lul. Still don't know how Taiju realized the 2 were in danger but whatevs

kater_tot said:
I liked this episode but i think they could've done away with the 2 minute recap at the start and used it to create a scene to lead into next week... if that makes sense?

Pretty much all shounen's do that whenever there's a major cliffhanger from the previous ep lel
Aug 2, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
There has been a heavy amount of Space references in this series especially in this episode which really didn't resonate with me until the thought crossed my mind of..."Well what if there were people in space when the Stoning took place" Just imagine coming back down to earth and everyone is turned to stone. Thats terrifying.

Felt more like a filler episode to me but still gave some nice details about how Senku survived.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 2, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
I'm only watching this show for Senku. He's fascinating! Suffice it to say I liked the second half a lot. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those shows where I don't mind the plotholes and the asspulls because of my interest in the character.
Aug 2, 2019 9:12 AM

Apr 2015
alright im glad he wakes up
Aug 2, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
Heh thats senku for ya. He always has a plan.
Aug 2, 2019 9:23 AM

Apr 2019
TBH this episode showed a lil glimpse of aftermath & still hung it on a cliffhanger like last week a bit slow start thats all i gotta say well lets see how other episodes stand out to be.
Aug 2, 2019 9:36 AM

Mar 2014
I'm so glad I binged the manga over the last week. I feel bad for anime-onlys now since the cliffhanger got stretched out even longer.
Aug 2, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2017
the only thing i can say is, this anime is tasty af
Aug 2, 2019 10:00 AM

Sep 2018
yellowheartren said:
I can't believe they actually delayed that thing for another episode. At the same time, Senkuu's "origin story" was fun to see and DEAR GODS GIVE US BACK THE SHINY MONKEY because hot damn he's perfect.

Beginning of this episode and Senkuu's "origin story" is like 5ch in manga so it cant be stuffed in 1 episode, but im sure that good part of the next episode will be Senkuu's origin( at least half of the episode)
Monkeys were soo funny to me when i was reading the manga and anime did a great job with adapting that and game like Achievements ....
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 2, 2019 10:04 AM
Jun 2019

what I liked most about the chapter is when they teach us how senku started in the stone world as it was improvising it was great

Aug 2, 2019 10:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Is there really a need to delay the inevitable?
But, that aside, this was quite the interesting episode on both fronts!

Taiju's enraged mode is bad news but good thing he didn't give up hope just then. Cheeky little plan between the two lovebirds there though, taking advantage of Tsukasa's instincts there. Got to give Taiju credit for aiming and then flinging that huge boulder with that precise accuracy though, and Yuziriha proves once again why she's part of the trio with impressive courage and teamwork. But hey, the real shocker to me was the 'fake habit' that Senku's been starting ever since Tsukasa's entry into the stone world, just how far did he predict all this and anticipate for? What a diversion to the neck plan too, he ought to be forever grateful for that little stone there. Really everything just goes with this story, lol. Another cool little info drop resurfacing with the healing brought upon by the un-petrification process, I like these kinds of subtle info drops resurfacing!

Anyway, seeing Senku on his early quest to revive civilisation was really cool! Apparently, he too does have trouble keeping up with long arithmetic, now that's a legit shocker lol. Of course, being the pro scientist that he is, he wouldn't let any of valuable specimens go away but it was kind of interesting to see how he kept all the original details as much as possible of his petrified body there. Lol @ those monkeys though, and the Shiny Monkey bit was hilarious! Awesome how their reactions from 'Dumb-Dumb' to 'Huh, what the bloody fudge is going on?' changed so drastically with that man-made fire. Good thing he didn't encounter any wild beast during his solo attempt on his quest though, lol. Last few minutes before the ED of him introducing himself was pretty lit too, "first of my kind" damn!

Well, looking forward to more but here's to hoping they don't beat around the bush for too long next episode!
_MushiRock11_Aug 2, 2019 10:23 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 2, 2019 10:43 AM

May 2018
let's start a petition to rename Senkuu to Shiny Monkey
Aug 2, 2019 10:46 AM

Nov 2012
Welp, didn't think they'd extend that cliffhanger on his revival. Great episode tho.

_MushiRock11_ said:
Last few minutes before the ED of him introducing himself was pretty lit too, "first of my kind" damn!

While you were focused on his line, I was rather focused on his pose, it just screams

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Aug 2, 2019 10:53 AM
Oct 2016
I would like to read the manga of this! So any manga readers here who can tell me which chapter do I need to start reading from after this episode?
Aug 2, 2019 10:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
SeaJaeger said:
While you were focused on his line, I was rather focused on his pose, it just screams

I meant the entire scene but the quote stood out above all.
Bloody dope pose too and yeah it totally does xD!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 2, 2019 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
Start from chapte
Ahms said:
I would like to read the manga of this! So any manga readers here who can tell me which chapter do I need to start reading from after this episode?

Start from chapter 15.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Aug 2, 2019 11:13 AM

Nov 2016
Now this is getting me excited!

Although I've already read the manga this is still so hype.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2019 11:18 AM

Sep 2017
Kinda liked the episode, especially Senkuu's story, but it almost felt like a recap episode with some delays and overused drama

So, that was a meh for me
Aug 2, 2019 11:34 AM

Mar 2017
Short_Circut said:
I feel like this show is really underestimating explosions lol. Decent ep Senku's backstory was pretty nice, still think it's way to early to play the dramatic "main character is supposedly killed" idea that kind of stuff usually comes towards the end lul. Still don't know how Taiju realized the 2 were in danger but whatevs

kater_tot said:

Pretty much all shounen's do that whenever there's a major cliffhanger from the previous ep lel

I know but as a manga reader i can think of a scene where it would have been perfect to end that episode with
Aug 2, 2019 11:59 AM

Jul 2016
Not so sure about the way of how Senkuu was saved from an instant death but I guess I can let it pass... for now.

Anyways, decent episode overall. The first half was OK but seeing Senkuu's first steps into the stone world definitely made the second half far more entertaining.
SouthRzVaAug 2, 2019 12:06 PM
Aug 2, 2019 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
The first half of the episode was pretty intense. Taiju and Yuzuriha worked brilliantly as a team. After Taiju impressively throws the massive boulder into the air, Yuzuriha runs to throw the gun powder close to Tsukasa, just before the boulder lands of the gun powder, making a big explosion happen. Thanks to the explosion, Taiju and Yuzuriha successfully escaped with Senku.

Hopefully the revival fluid will get Senku back to life, but we'll find out next week if that happens or not, which I'm sure it will anyways. =P

The second half of the episode was showing Senku's backstory and what he was up to after he got out of the petrification rock, 6 months before Taiju. I had to laugh when the three monkeys were screaming at him Senku and calling him "Shiny Monkey". Their facial reactions were hilarious! XD

Senku had to go through the trial and error route for everything he did and boy did he do well! That's why he's such a fun character to watch in this show. =)
Aug 2, 2019 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
The monkeys were very funny
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 2, 2019 12:25 PM

Dec 2016
Another great episode, of course Senku was planning the neck thing this whole time lol, and finally getting an in depth look at when Senku first woke up was pretty interesting
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 2, 2019 12:29 PM
Aug 2018
I don't really know what to say about this one. The first half was kinda bad, just prolonged the "death" of Senku alot. The second half, while not necessary and kinda forced to get a cliffhanger, was neat to see him get out of the petrification and survive on his own before Taiju comes in. Shiny monkeys rule!
Aug 2, 2019 12:30 PM

Dec 2011
Yeeeah, that much powder couldn't have killed Shishio on the spot. 'Tis but a slight burn aka Dr. Stone is at it again my dudes.

Though I must say that the second half was pretty decent (if you cut out those monkeys of course). We got to see how resourceful and smart Senkuu is, and his achievements were actually believable compared to the experiments shown in the previous episode.

_MushiRock11_ said:

Not gonna lie: made my day xD
Aug 2, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2019
Well, now it's sure that Senkuu is always a step ahead. Good episode overall

Reach for the
Stars☆

Aug 2, 2019 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
episode 5 and I'm still not sure bout this anime....hasn't quite caught me yet, though I'm not ready to drop it yet

they didn't have to drag out the cliffhanger, thought have to give it to them: the monkeys were amusing
Aug 2, 2019 1:12 PM

Nov 2018
just one other week... to see our best boi debut..
sogegesogeAug 2, 2019 1:15 PM
Aug 2, 2019 1:13 PM
Jul 2019
WTF don't tell me after being petrified for a long time them humans started to develop superpowers, cu'z that kind of explosion would have killed Tsukasa already, if not the explosion itself the shock waves would and yet he's still alive????!!!!!
Aug 2, 2019 1:15 PM

Aug 2016
I am not sure if I watch this because interesting archeologist sub-plot or just because Yuruziha is so kawaii, but if I wouldn't watching it by release I would definitely drop it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 1:50 PM
Feb 2019
I didn't mind the cliffhanger last episode but now they're going too far having us wait another week. Also Senku's story feels better for the first episode than what we got with Taiju.
Aug 2, 2019 2:35 PM

May 2016
I am divided about this episode. The second part was interesting and funny, especially with the monkeys. But I must admit that I am dubitative about the first part. This cliffhanger starts to be boring now. They should have ended it in this episode.
Aug 2, 2019 3:32 PM

May 2015
Great episode as always. Loved seeing Senku first wake up and build stuff.

I hope Dr Stone stops doing these immersion breaking stuff like talking monkeys and last episode's weird cooking class thing.

Other than that loving this series' unique setting.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 2, 2019 4:12 PM
May 2019
I really like this show and I''m enjoying it a lot. However, we got a lot of flashbacks from last episode at the start, and then the progression on how to save Senku wasn't the best, IMO. The flashback part of him being the first human alive was definetly nice, but maybe too long and on the wrong timing. Also, even tho I liked last episode's comic progression, I didn't felt that on this episode. The monkey's part were just weird. And I agree with the guys here, that cliffhanger just felt forced.
Aug 2, 2019 4:27 PM

Sep 2017
Taiju's plan to distract Shishiou was unique (albeit unrealistic). Besides that, however, the episode was much of the same -- juvenile jokes, archetypical characters, and generic entertainment.
Aug 2, 2019 4:37 PM

Apr 2019
SENKUUUUUUUUU is alive.

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Aug 2, 2019 4:46 PM

Apr 2015
Seeing Senku set up everything after being being freed from his petrification, was pretty impressive.

Eventho they are dragging this out a bit, sure Senkuu is gonna be alive, however why Tsukasa wasn't even slighty harmed by that explosion is beyond me.
Aug 2, 2019 5:01 PM
May 2019
WordIsBond said:
You probably wanted to progress with the story but knowing the details of how it was Senku during his time petrified and finally waking up was refreshing to me, in my opinion.

Personification of animals is something that's been done forever. Even stand-up comedians like Richard Pryor did it.

I understand you. I just feel like they wasted time a little bit at the start of the episode. I do think the flashback was great, but was it now the best time for it? To me it felt like they just wanted to hold onto that cliffhanger.
Aug 2, 2019 5:41 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty dope episode as always, but only 24 eps? was hoping for more :)
Aug 2, 2019 5:57 PM

May 2018
Nice to see how Senku got up from stone fragments and start from year zero. As for the stome fragments on the neck of Senku, it will probably heals Senku's neck as we saw at Yuzuriha's foot. Also the monkey part is weird.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.