Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Apr 12, 2019 6:48 AM

Jun 2017
This is quite an awesome episode. i really quite loved it :D
Apr 13, 2019 5:44 PM

Apr 2014
-2Sadistic4me

-Ainz already displayed his propensity for ruthlessness and mercilessness in season two, so this isn't surprising. His "good" side correlate with the recipient(s) being of use to him or not being in the way. Anyone who happens to be in his path whatsoever when he needs something or performs an act of even slight transgression against him will meet a horrific fate.

-Poor Arche T_T

-Nazerick has entered the world stage! At last, things are about to get interesting. I like how they're intentionally using the invasion of Nazerick by the Baharuth Empire as justification for war, emerging from the shadows and beginning their conquest, even though they don't need any reason whatsoever given who they are. Deliberate use of a diplomatic element.
ZeroDragonApr 13, 2019 5:57 PM
Apr 15, 2019 3:26 AM

Aug 2018
ShanAsuna said:

The people who harbor those views are either incredibly stupid or plain cruel. How the hell is it justifiable to torture human beings for all eternity, just for trespassing and attempted theft? The f*ck, it's crazy to give them a death sentence. The Islamic law chops off the hands of thieves and that's already barbaric! What in the world...?! No wonder democracy fails most of the time, we've got a lot of stupid in our midst.
I agree with your points. There’s a lot of sick Fcks who relish the sadism on display in this episode. This is not entertainment, it’s just cheap garbage to manipulate the emotions of a very stupid or sick viewer.
Jun 5, 2019 7:13 AM
May 2017
WTF?! SHE DIED! I feel so bad for the sisers. holy shit
Jun 11, 2019 6:51 AM

Jan 2008
NoviSun said:
ShanAsuna said:

The people who harbor those views are either incredibly stupid or plain cruel. How the hell is it justifiable to torture human beings for all eternity, just for trespassing and attempted theft? The f*ck, it's crazy to give them a death sentence. The Islamic law chops off the hands of thieves and that's already barbaric! What in the world...?! No wonder democracy fails most of the time, we've got a lot of stupid in our midst.
I agree with your points. There’s a lot of sick Fcks who relish the sadism on display in this episode. This is not entertainment, it’s just cheap garbage to manipulate the emotions of a very stupid or sick viewer.

That's not the point.
The point is he doesn't even see them as human beings. Or alive for that matter. For him they are just NPCs. Do you honestly would stop yourself from killing an NPC in any game because you felt it would hurt their feelings? No - you just pull the trigger and the counter keeps going.
Unless it's a character in an RPG with a backstory and shit.

Just wanted to make that point because I don't think this is the reason the show (up until this point) was disgusting. It's that they set up these characters for like 2 episodes only to pointlesly slaughter them. I mean I understand why it happened but what was the setup required? To make us feel for the characters before having them massacred? That is fucked up. Trully fucked up.
Jun 14, 2019 11:00 PM
Dec 2018
Nah, i think that not big deal

Jun 28, 2019 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, another anime became typical garbage for pathetic people. Looks like 3 of 4 isekai anime from isekai quartet are total shit and only konosuba is good.
Jun 30, 2019 12:17 PM

Sep 2012
Werchiel said:
NoviSun said:

That's not the point.
The point is he doesn't even see them as human beings. Or alive for that matter. For him they are just NPCs. Do you honestly would stop yourself from killing an NPC in any game because you felt it would hurt their feelings? No - you just pull the trigger and the counter keeps going.
Unless it's a character in an RPG with a backstory and shit.

Just wanted to make that point because I don't think this is the reason the show (up until this point) was disgusting. It's that they set up these characters for like 2 episodes only to pointlesly slaughter them. I mean I understand why it happened but what was the setup required? To make us feel for the characters before having them massacred? That is fucked up. Trully fucked up.

yup he thinks hes still in a game just more advanced game

Jun 30, 2019 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
Rad_gamer said:

expect then to grow up to try to fight ainz one day, its so typical in stories like this
Jul 10, 2019 11:52 PM

Mar 2014
Shalltear squealing when Ains took his robe off made me laugh like hell

But then everything that came after that made me really sad :( I was hoping for Arche to make it back for her sisters but I guess they had to remind us why Ains is the OVERLORD and not some hero of justice.

The post-credit scene was good though. So it looks like the "noble" that led that expedition was actually the Emperor who was planning to execute some noble to take the fall.
Jul 29, 2019 6:46 PM

Jul 2014
Ainz became Bane lmao
Jul 31, 2019 12:08 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was depressing, wonder if any of Momongas friends made it?
Aug 2, 2019 10:43 AM

May 2016
They all went in with high hopes only to be faced with absolute despair, only realizing that there's no way out when death is breathing down their necks. Momonga's wrathful outburst was horrifying even though his usual emotion stability spell was hilarious and I can say the same about the time where he took off his ring to reveal his true power level.

I am well aware that Lord Ains Ooal Gown is fully capable of dishing out indescribable brutality to those who dare oppose him in any way, shape or manner especially when the unlucky ones at the receiving end never met the Supreme Being in his diplomatic mode but I can't help but feel sorry for Team Foresight in this episode, or Arche exclusively in terms of actually feeling pity if I'm being honest. Even though her corpse got chopped up and distributed to the denizens of Nazarick, Arche got off easy with a supposedly painless death because everyone else in the team will be subjected to fates worse than death through experimentation. Her sisters though... Damn.

As much as it saddened me, this episode was still amazing and it truly captured the spirit of the Overlord name more than ever before. That part where Aura and Mare burst into the courtyard on a dragon to threaten war was absolute hype fuel for me.

Aug 10, 2019 1:46 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Ainz is merciless af!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2019 7:01 AM

Sep 2012
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
They all went in with high hopes only to be faced with absolute despair, only realizing that there's no way out when death is breathing down their necks. Momonga's wrathful outburst was horrifying even though his usual emotion stability spell was hilarious and I can say the same about the time where he took off his ring to reveal his true power level.

I am well aware that Lord Ains Ooal Gown is fully capable of dishing out indescribable brutality to those who dare oppose him in any way, shape or manner especially when the unlucky ones at the receiving end never met the Supreme Being in his diplomatic mode but I can't help but feel sorry for Team Foresight in this episode, or Arche exclusively in terms of actually feeling pity if I'm being honest. Even though her corpse got chopped up and distributed to the denizens of Nazarick, Arche got off easy with a supposedly painless death because everyone else in the team will be subjected to fates worse than death through experimentation. Her sisters though... Damn.

As much as it saddened me, this episode was still amazing and it truly captured the spirit of the Overlord name more than ever before. That part where Aura and Mare burst into the courtyard on a dragon to threaten war was absolute hype fuel for me.

@Vysarine

i only felt bad for the girl and her sisters
Sep 30, 2019 6:44 AM
Jul 2019
People often forget that Ainz isn't a good guy. *sigh* poor Arche, you shouldn't have come.
SomeGuyWithHairSep 30, 2019 6:49 AM
Nov 23, 2019 4:10 AM

Sep 2012
About Arche sisters
In the Web Novel, Kuuderika and her sister, Ureirika were sold into slavery after Arche vanished. She and her sister were given to Ainz Ooal Gown as sacrifices to a cult of nobles that worshiped him. Ainz later returned them to Arche, allowing them to live peacefully on the 6th Floor.
In the Light Novel, however, the author mentioned on his website that the two twins were sold into slavery and died of overwork.

i wonder what route anime goes with them

SomeGuyWithHair said:
People often forget that Ainz isn't a good guy. *sigh* poor Arche, you shouldn't have come.

on watch site 1commented and called him monster but i agree with the other guy who repied to him here hes words

How is being monster when he is simply defending his home and being merciful? the others got eaten in Parts by cockroaches, the group outside was forced to fight a battle they couldn't lose with those surviving being sent to the torture chamber to be used by that green sickly Beast.

Trust me, Ainz is less of a monster than the humans in that world.

EDIT:
its same as if ur king told u to go to rob grave in neighboring kingdom so awry way u look at it with this job adventurers that work out side of the guild and guild rules/the workers are criminals in this case

Sugram22May 9, 2022 6:42 AM
Feb 9, 2020 10:42 AM

Dec 2018
I already know in S1 in Ninya case to never get attached to characters with backstory, or "screentime" rather, even without it in S2 those massive abduction at the Royal capital already made it clear to me. Not counting the lizardmen, I was expecting death and hell they were resurrected later anyway.. most importantly they're non-human, it hard for me to get into reptiles, that's the reason why Tensura have female lizardman in humanoid, relate?

But then comes Tuare. Holy even Enri and Nphi gets to be together! Well that was sweet.. jesus did I just let my guard down!! Thanks to this episode they done their freaking great job of reminding me why I shouldn't get attached to one backstory, wait.. fuck let me rephrase: DEATHFLAG, a fitting word indeed. Totally Juuni Taisen but slightly longer sympathy.

I wish I don't have to turn heartless just to adapt watching this type of plot twists. Arche is like shorter version of Frenda's end in Index, only with 2 imoutos add in right after to test your humanity. Overlord is one of those series that want to recruit you, in this case, into Ainz-sama underlings. So I told myself once again why bother anymore if they're just storyfodder anyway, but myself told I because I will always let my guard down..

P.S I let my guard down

P.P.S they all have blonde hair.. *angery*
Ether_RealFeb 9, 2020 10:54 AM
Feb 17, 2020 10:05 AM

Mar 2017
This was one of those anime episodes that left me boggled with, "Wait, did that really just happen?"

While musing on this I was reminded of something that used to happen when people would post stories on Usenet newsgroups or more recently on other sites where users upload works of original fiction. Every now and then someone would post a story that introduces a character in a way that connects with the reader and gets them emotionally invested in the character, then brings them to some sort of horrible outcome that's well outside the boundaries of what they could have expected or deserved. As far as I could discern, such stories were written with the intent to mess with the reader's emotions, to get them invested, then slam them down. I would refer to these as 'troll stories' since they were basically the writer trolling the reader. And normally you wouldn't expect something like that in a work that's been through editorial review (notwithstanding works of humor/satire/irony that are known for breaking the usual conventions - readers of Mad Magazine may recall a recurring feature entitled "Scenes We'd Like to See").

But that's pretty much what happens in some of the story arcs in Overlord. It happened somewhat in S2 with the lizardmen arc, in which some of their leaders and many of their soldiers died but on the whole it didn't end too badly for them. But in S3 it gets much worse, and nowhere is this more evident than in what happens to Arche Eeb Rile Furt. She more than anyone else on her team is the one we are made to sympathize with, she's got family and problems she's trying to resolve, and even so is the most skeptical of the quest to investigate the tomb, agreeing only reluctantly. That quest of course comes to a horrible end, with Shalltear discussing in one scene how she dismembered her body while in an adjacent scene, Arche's twin sisters pray for the return of their sister who is late returning from her quest. It's pretty much a textbook example of the aforementioned 'troll story'. Adding salt to the wound is the fact that even as Ainz eliminated her and the rest of the questors like they were nothing more than insects, it was Ainz's own alter-ego Momon who helped initiate and lead the quest. One reason I continued watching the rest of S3 was that I was hoping against hope that maybe it didn't really end that way and somehow Arche survives to return to her sisters.

After this, I don't expect to watch S4.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 26, 2020 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
If this trash show had any balls then the deaths of that team of adventurers would have been shown on-screen. For a show that is supposedly "dark", that sure was a cop out. Then again, the types of people who watch this garbage couldn't handle it.
Mar 9, 2020 12:56 PM

Mar 2017
epidemia78 said:
If this trash show had any balls then the deaths of that team of adventurers would have been shown on-screen. For a show that is supposedly "dark", that sure was a cop out. Then again, the types of people who watch this garbage couldn't handle it.

Lol, why are you so salty everywhere you showed up? Enjoy your life man, or maybe get a life.

Also, why did you even stay around when you don't even like the first season? I really don't get people who're edgy like you. If you don't like it, then don't watch it.

I know I haven't really been active in the forum when this is my first time since forever that I see an idiot elitist.
Mar 9, 2020 12:57 PM

Mar 2017
Sugram22 said:
Rad_gamer said:

expect then to grow up to try to fight ainz one day, its so typical in stories like this

Nope, it was confirmed by the author that her sisters are sold to slavery and eventually died from overworked.
Mar 10, 2020 12:50 AM

Sep 2012
BlueIsLove said:
Sugram22 said:

Nope, it was confirmed by the author that her sisters are sold to slavery and eventually died from overworked.

well that's the source and anime does not follow source 100% it stirs away a little (goes of course a little) so anything can happen

that's why i in hes choose would take care of her sisters myself so they grow up under my protection and some day tell the story without 2meany details why... and taking care of them is to honor her sacrifice she did for them cause she took the job for them
Sugram22Mar 13, 2021 2:08 AM
Jul 23, 2020 1:53 AM
Apr 2020
Guess i’ll go back to watching shitty shounen’s and harem’s this episode just full on killed my mood for a couple days/weeks/months
Aug 25, 2020 9:06 PM

Apr 2014
epidemia78 said:

You know.

There’s such a thing as being too edgy.

Also, technically only Arche died. What happened to the Adventurers was way worse.

mwalimu said:
This was one of those anime episodes that left me boggled with, "Wait, did that really just happen?"

While musing on this I was reminded of something that used to happen when people would post stories on Usenet newsgroups or more recently on other sites where users upload works of original fiction. Every now and then someone would post a story that introduces a character in a way that connects with the reader and gets them emotionally invested in the character, then brings them to some sort of horrible outcome that's well outside the boundaries of what they could have expected or deserved. As far as I could discern, such stories were written with the intent to mess with the reader's emotions, to get them invested, then slam them down. I would refer to these as 'troll stories' since they were basically the writer trolling the reader. And normally you wouldn't expect something like that in a work that's been through editorial review (notwithstanding works of humor/satire/irony that are known for breaking the usual conventions - readers of Mad Magazine may recall a recurring feature entitled "Scenes We'd Like to See").

But that's pretty much what happens in some of the story arcs in Overlord. It happened somewhat in S2 with the lizardmen arc, in which some of their leaders and many of their soldiers died but on the whole it didn't end too badly for them. But in S3 it gets much worse, and nowhere is this more evident than in what happens to Arche Eeb Rile Furt. She more than anyone else on her team is the one we are made to sympathize with, she's got family and problems she's trying to resolve, and even so is the most skeptical of the quest to investigate the tomb, agreeing only reluctantly. That quest of course comes to a horrible end, with Shalltear discussing in one scene how she dismembered her body while in an adjacent scene, Arche's twin sisters pray for the return of their sister who is late returning from her quest. It's pretty much a textbook example of the aforementioned 'troll story'. Adding salt to the wound is the fact that even as Ainz eliminated her and the rest of the questors like they were nothing more than insects, it was Ainz's own alter-ego Momon who helped initiate and lead the quest. One reason I continued watching the rest of S3 was that I was hoping against hope that maybe it didn't really end that way and somehow Arche survives to return to her sisters.

This always astounds me.

Do people still think that Ainz is a good person? Even after he made the concentration camps and tortured hundreds of people? After he stole all the gold because he saw an opportunity to make money? After he constantly had a “fuck anyone who isn’t a part of Nazarick” mentality? After all that, people still thought he was a good guy?

Aug 29, 2020 4:29 PM

Mar 2017
Dragonage2ftw said:
mwalimu said:

This always astounds me.

Do people still think that Ainz is a good person? Even after he made the concentration camps and tortured hundreds of people? After he stole all the gold because he saw an opportunity to make money? After he constantly had a “fuck anyone who isn’t a part of Nazarick” mentality? After all that, people still thought he was a good guy?

The problem isn't really that Ainz and his cohorts in Nazarick are evil. I get that part. It's more of a storytelling problem, in the way the author and the screenwriter introduce and develop characters in a manner that develops viewer empathy, then make them die (sometimes horribly) without their death serving much of any greater purpose to the story. If the story eventually came around to where viewers felt like they didn't die in vain, or the antagonists ultimately got their just deserts for what they did, then that would be different, but with this series I don't foresee that happening.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Sep 17, 2020 8:42 AM

Apr 2020
So they first shows the back story, struggle etc of girls only to killed that girl in the end...
What they want us think about ains
Shouldn't we supposed to root for any human!!!
Sep 27, 2020 1:27 AM
Mar 2018
I've felt conflicted at times when watching this show because while Ains is clearly inhuman now, he seemed to retain some humanity. He saved people he didn't need to, and even resurrected others for little real gain. He didn't seem to be needlessly cruel.

In this episode he personally leads a bunch of adventures to what he lets them believe is a dead empty tomb with maybe some treasure laying around perhaps guarded by a monster or two, and then kills them all horribly. He acts outraged that anyone would invade his home - that he brought them to - with no way for any of them to know they were trespassing or upon whom. "How dare you enter my home I invited you into!" ... and many of the posts in this thread are calling him badass for this? "That's why you don't mess with Ains!" (?)

I feel like I'm just passively watching a documentary or something now. I've sat and thought about it for a few minutes and I can't think of anyone in the show that's worth rooting for besides the kids in the village, but they're ultimately just pawns in some ill-defined scheme to make healing potions for... uh... does Ains need spending money or something?

The show's developed that issue most edgy grimdark media does: all character development is exclusively in the service of trying to make you like characters so you'll feel something when they (surprise!) die in a few episodes. It's too predictable.

As I write this I've finished the third season; I gave the earlier seasons a 6, this one's getting a 2. I didn't hate this show but it's written about as well as professional wrestling.
Oct 3, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2015
Its really sad this episode. Not only cause innocent people die but its also a turning point for Ainz. This is probably the point where you can say with confidence that Ainz is the villain. Until this point Ainz hasnt done much particularly evil himself. (Excluding the Demigure taking human's thing. But even then he keeps the innocent ones from dying painfully) But here Ainz personally saw to the death of innocence. The scene towards the end where it explained Arche's corpse use the music was sad which really hit hard because yeah that was a point of no return for Ainz and really empahsised that Ainz is undead now.

It really sucks too cause I know the fate of those kids as well and it really is sad to think about. This is one way I actually prefer the timeline of the webnovel cause in that Arche survives and I think she eventually reunites with her sisters thanks to Ainz. (I think.) I'd much prefer what happens to Arche in the webnovel to what happens in the LN and anime.

Its funny cause I also know what happens to the others but I dont feel nearly as strongly for them as I do for Arche. Arche has always been one of my favourite characters in Overlord (Which isnt saying much I guess since I have so many characters I love but still lol) and seeing her die again was just like "Yey.................Now Im sad" lol. Other than this the rest of the season is great.
DarknessRealityOct 3, 2020 11:48 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 18, 2020 7:31 PM

Sep 2010
I prefer the Web Novel fate of Arche Eeb Rile Furt and her sisters

Where she still alive by being Shalltear's sex slaves and her sisters being in Ainz' protection
Nov 1, 2020 8:42 AM
Oct 2015
This show devolved into watching the bad guys pulling the wings off of flies. This episode was when the series Jumped The Shark.
Dec 27, 2020 2:39 AM
Mar 2018
Is it just me or is the writing not the best? I mean, they seem to give the MC like two characters every now and then. The one that wants to save the cute ones and the drama character that kills off the cuties for the sweet drama the crowd loves. The writer even gave some more drama, about the cutie sisters of the drama kill. This is so superficial and meta...
Mar 13, 2021 2:11 AM

Sep 2012
DarknessReality said:
Its really sad this episode. Not only cause innocent people die but its also a turning point for Ainz. This is probably the point where you can say with confidence that Ainz is the villain. Until this point Ainz hasnt done much particularly evil himself. (Excluding the Demigure taking human's thing. But even then he keeps the innocent ones from dying painfully) But here Ainz personally saw to the death of innocence. The scene towards the end where it explained Arche's corpse use the music was sad which really hit hard because yeah that was a point of no return for Ainz and really empahsised that Ainz is undead now.

It really sucks too cause I know the fate of those kids as well and it really is sad to think about. This is one way I actually prefer the timeline of the webnovel cause in that Arche survives and I think she eventually reunites with her sisters thanks to Ainz. (I think.) I'd much prefer what happens to Arche in the webnovel to what happens in the LN and anime.

Its funny cause I also know what happens to the others but I dont feel nearly as strongly for them as I do for Arche. Arche has always been one of my favourite characters in Overlord (Which isnt saying much I guess since I have so many characters I love but still lol) and seeing her die again was just like "Yey.................Now Im sad" lol. Other than this the rest of the season is great.

Innocent ppl died? is grave robbing not crime? is trespassing not crime? is stealing not crime? (maybe there the law allows if its ancient, but also they went for other kingdoms so they would have drown in jail there cause of stealing from other kingdom so still kinda crime, they mentioned it makes it riskier cause its in other kingdom) they were willing to do all that for gold, what ever its not issue with the law or not they are adventurers and adventurers die by dungeon guardians all the time so they took the risk/gamble

that's why as moman he ashed in previous EP why did u took the job and they said for gold meaning for greed

the question was test to them and they failed and hes reaction said it all it said: u said for gold so then i have no reason to show u mercy

so what ever happened to them was their own fault

only1 i feel bad for is Arche

AkatsukiUlquiora said:

Where she still alive by being Shalltear's sex slaves and her sisters being in Ainz' protection

same here but then it would have gotten cancelled in west, SJW outrage :D

i am not a reader but i prefer that story
Sugram22Mar 13, 2021 2:28 AM
Mar 13, 2021 2:35 AM

May 2015
Sugram22 said:

Innocent ppl died? is grave robbing not crime? is trespassing not crime? is stealing not crime? (maybe there the law allows if its ancient, but also they went for other kingdoms so they would have drown in jail there cause of stealing from other kingdom so still kinda crime, they mentioned it makes it riskier cause its in other kingdom) they were willing to do all that for gold, what ever its not issue with the law or not they are adventurers and adventurers die by dungeon guardians all the time so they took the risk/gamble

that's why as moman he ashed in previous EP why did u took the job and they said for gold meaning for greed

the question was test to them and they failed and hes reaction said it all it said: u said for gold so then i have no reason to show u mercy

Oh no, I was on about Arche when I said innocent people. The rest of them are meh. They were gonna die inevitably. When I first watched this I was holding onto the hope that Ainz would spare Arche at least. Sadly he didnt
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 13, 2021 3:13 AM

Sep 2012
DarknessReality said:
Sugram22 said:

Oh no, I was on about Arche when I said innocent people. The rest of them are meh. They were gonna die inevitably. When I first watched this I was holding onto the hope that Ainz would spare Arche at least. Sadly he didnt

i hoped he lets Arche go as well, well just maybe lets Salter play with her a bit but let her go mostly undamaged
Mar 13, 2021 6:01 AM

Sep 2010
Sugram22 said:

AkatsukiUlquiora said:

Well that suck but idk why though Goblin Slayer & Redo of Healer are more unique then the original story of Overlord but either way both are great which they make a Overlord Brotherhood style
Mar 13, 2021 6:34 AM

Sep 2012
AkatsukiUlquiora said:
Sugram22 said:

Well that suck but idk why though Goblin Slayer & Redo of Healer are more unique then the original story of Overlord but either way both are great which they make a Overlord Brotherhood style

u know this1? somewhat similar
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37430/Tensei_shitara_Slime_Datta_Ken?q=slime&cat=anime
MC dies and is reincarnated in another world as slime but slime that gets bower of enemies he devours, slimes has no Bio gender but he Int himself as a guy, he can take human form bit later some EP later

so from power hes not far from Ainz and hes power is growing (due battles, i said he can devour enemies and gets their power this way), but hes good but

he starts helping a village (save them from monsters) and they chose him as their leader, ofc he does not like the idea at first

its also good series

goblin slayer was interesting not seen Redo of Healer yet sins i watch when its finished
Mar 13, 2021 9:45 AM

Sep 2010
Sugram22 said:

u know this1? somewhat similar
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37430/Tensei_shitara_Slime_Datta_Ken?q=slime&cat=anime
MC dies and is reincarnated in another world as slime but slime that gets bower of enemies he devours, slimes has no Bio gender but he Int himself as a guy, he can take human form bit later some EP later

so from power hes not far from Ainz and hes power is growing (due battles, i said he can devour enemies and gets their power this way), but hes good but

he starts helping a village (save them from monsters) and they chose him as their leader, ofc he does not like the idea at first

its also good series

goblin slayer was interesting not seen Redo of Healer yet sins i watch when its finished

Yeah I know I've been reading a lot of Isekai Novel & Manga you might see me in some forums and also I have Rimuru in my signature with Kumoko
but I was talking about the rape stuff I thought that why you mean by being cancelled but I get it about loosing part of himself heck I think
and Ovarou as well. Because their original self isn't the same species anymore so things change.
Apr 3, 2021 11:12 AM

Jun 2013
The first half of the show was boring. The second half was interesting and serious. But the story doesn't seem to make much sense now. If Ainz really wanted to "spread his name" by establishing his dominion than he could've easily done it since the first season through intimidation or/and extermination of his foes. Why even bother acting peaceful and kind? It's not like there is any real threat to oppose him even if he wasn't. Also his followers, lieutenants and harem are simping for him so hard that it's unlikely for them to against him. But then the show would come to an end if the author decides to use logic.

Honestly, Ainz God Clown is like that one noob who always needs to use a god mode cheat to win in the games yet after wining they feel no real sense of achievement but continue doing it either way. I don't know how the readers of the novel don't get tired of this. There is literally no development with Ainz's character either. He is still a beta male trapped in the body of a supreme being. The other characters were okay but none made an impression.

Still I am surprised this managed to get 3 seasons.
Apr 5, 2021 5:15 AM
Jan 2010
Again they introduced a bunch of worthless characters, have them talk and talk and TALK about pointless shit for an episode and then just kill them all off in the next episode. Always the same formula with this show.
Apr 29, 2021 11:02 AM

Nov 2009
That, was fucking dreadful.
May 19, 2021 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was fucked up. To be honest this series so far didn't seem that messed up and didn't seem to showcase the evil overlord side of Ainz so far, or maybe I just don't remember him being this cruel. Like of course he had every right to kill tresspassers and didn't know their backstory, but damn that wasn't quite what I expected. Reading what people say about the girl's fate in the web novel seems a bit better, but still.
I guess I will continue to not get attached to anyone here other than the the people of Ainz.
I'm kind of failing to understand his true end goal other than having fun, seeing what this world is like and perhaps finding some other players.
Jun 7, 2021 10:03 AM

Oct 2019
Almost 3 seasons / cours have passed and Ainz and his preposterously strong team are completely invincible. As in boringly invincible. Every "battle" outcome is known before it even starts : Ainz and co will simply wipe the floor with every opponent; it doesn't matter how strong the opponents are, because we already know that Ainz and co will always be far stronger. Ainz in this episode mentioned he does not think he is the only "chosen" one in this world; "chosen" not in a messianic sense but simply meaning he does not think he is the only player from the (former) game.

So, will we ever see another hyper strong player like him with their own super strong henchmen (rhetorical question, I don't think this will happen in this season either..)? Such a development would help Ainz feel less alone but, more importantly, such a player & team would serve as a check on Ainz's power and his worst impulses (which are partly driven by not wanting to lose face with his henchmen, ending up being unwittingly manipulated by some of them in the process; Ainz is such an immature fool...) and thus the anime would become far less boring and predictable.

Until now the entire team has faced just one moderate threat : the Shalltear Bloodfallen incident, the precise cause of which has been left hanging and largely unexplained. I have not read the source material but I doubt Ainz and co will be eternally safe and/or unchecked. It does not make sense narratively; it would just be too stupid. Madhouse does not seem to be at blame for the slow progress, since their release schedule appears to follow the publication schedule of the light novels closely (I think they release single cour seasons because they lack the material for full seasons). So is the very slow progress of the story a source material issue?
Jun 8, 2021 1:01 AM
Oct 2019
I was curious to see Ainz’ inner human monologue. Or has his Undead side completely absorbed his human side ? I’m pretty confident his human side would have some hesitance to what he did. Lowkey glad so many Workers got wiped out cos I’m already having trouble keeping up with the no. of characters as it is.

Also, seeing so many people getting a boner from all the killing of the Workers does worry me tbh. I mean I can understand why Ainz did what he did and I do feel bad for Foresight. But seeing the joy some have from it, I guess I can understand why the Power-fantasy genre exists.
Jul 22, 2021 1:32 AM

Jul 2015
Ainz is really fooling around with his prey. At least he didn't waste any body part of Arche by dividing it under his servants, really cool boss I would say. Love the cruely of the overlord Ainz where compassion only is shown when it involves gain for Nazarick, looking forward to his attack on the empire.

Aug 31, 2021 10:23 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh this is so stupid. His OWN guys invited them there, and now he's punishing them FOR coming into their home? It's just fucked up for the point of being fucked up. I usually like the bad guy, but this is just like beating helpless animals. But worse because YOU brought them here, this episode pissed me off. I DEFINITELY wanted the dude who beat his elf girls to die, that was great. But this is just stupid. If they came on their own, and he was legit defending his castle, then I'd be all about it, vicious and all, but this is just scumbag.
Sep 12, 2021 11:24 AM
May 2020
When I saw Arche's sisters, that felt so bad.
This is the only scene that makes me falter from Ainz's character.
I hope he could've added them to his army of minions or something, killing them was bit too much(considering Ainz is a human).
Oh well, considering ton of other good scenes, I can ignore this one!
Sep 12, 2021 11:24 AM
May 2020
When I saw Arche's sisters, that felt so bad.
This is the only scene that makes me falter from Ainz's character.
I hope he could've added them to his army of minions or something, killing them was bit too much(considering Ainz is a human).
Oh well, considering ton of other good scenes, I can ignore this one!
Oct 9, 2021 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
ps____ said:
I've felt conflicted at times when watching this show because while Ains is clearly inhuman now, he seemed to retain some humanity. He saved people he didn't need to, and even resurrected others for little real gain. He didn't seem to be needlessly cruel.

In this episode he personally leads a bunch of adventures to what he lets them believe is a dead empty tomb with maybe some treasure laying around perhaps guarded by a monster or two, and then kills them all horribly. He acts outraged that anyone would invade his home - that he brought them to - with no way for any of them to know they were trespassing or upon whom. "How dare you enter my home I invited you into!" ... and many of the posts in this thread are calling him badass for this? "That's why you don't mess with Ains!" (?)

I feel like I'm just passively watching a documentary or something now. I've sat and thought about it for a few minutes and I can't think of anyone in the show that's worth rooting for besides the kids in the village, but they're ultimately just pawns in some ill-defined scheme to make healing potions for... uh... does Ains need spending money or something?

The show's developed that issue most edgy grimdark media does: all character development is exclusively in the service of trying to make you like characters so you'll feel something when they (surprise!) die in a few episodes. It's too predictable.

As I write this I've finished the third season; I gave the earlier seasons a 6, this one's getting a 2. I didn't hate this show but it's written about as well as professional wrestling.

Shush, don't use actual logic when analyzing this. You'll make the edgy kids sad.
Oct 25, 2021 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
ps____ said:

Ainz is a selfish hypocrite which was established already, he needs resources since nazarick runs on specialized gold which he converts the new world's resources into yggdrasil gold with a special item, in this case he needed to secure nazarick's defense systems and stradegy.
He didn't like inviting them but he had no choice, what pissed him off was them using his friends as an excuse.

Sharpedon said:
So is the very slow progress of the story a source material issue?

Yes, it should be even slower actually.
madhouse skips a ton of details since the books are too big, only the latest volume has an actual threat appear.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.