Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 31, 2019 8:40 AM

Jan 2018
what the fuck is with the bad cg. they should just stop using it completely fucking hell
Jul 31, 2019 9:50 AM
Discord Moderator
May 2016
I am in shambles. This is so bad it's good. The CGI, the dialogue, the fight scenes. I don't usually notice animation, but this...this is atrocious. There is no animation whatsoever in half these scenes. I wish I never read the comments about this show, ahaha. Watching it ironically is becoming very difficult.
Jul 31, 2019 11:39 AM

Feb 2017
wow, this ep is huge work to do, it seems they dont have enough preparation / production failure (as we already know anyway cause studio change).

already good effort and bravery for the concept, need so much more polishing and care. It is ok for business stand point, they not gonna spend too much budget and polishing everything, it gonna cost a lot for this massive opening 4 episode.

6/10 this shit really hard to make it look good anyway, appreciate it

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 31, 2019 1:09 PM
Jul 2015
this episode was so fucking cringe, but hey, at least MC kissed his loli
Jul 31, 2019 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder how this episode would have looked if the CGI wasn't that horrible...
This is one of the worst cgi's i've seen...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 1, 2019 12:27 AM

Nov 2012
I expected Hajime to hollowfy and go beserk. That scene where he was practically dead and hearing Yue cry reminded me of Ichigo from Bleach! :D
Aug 1, 2019 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
Oh well, this episodes features CGI Hydra vs. HajimeYue. The CGI has its days, average but not so obnoxious.

The only high point is Hajime and Yue picking up from each others limitations: Hajime's output of power and Yue's magical abilities. Oh and that awkward kiss too. Since Yue has the ability to manifest her powers through Hajime's blood, I would already have thought that that would be the case progressively.

What's blatant though is the sense of emotions (e.g. Yue's momentary loss of sense), it felt both real but forced.

Still sticking onto this atrocity of a show.
Aug 1, 2019 6:29 AM

Jun 2017
Oh my god, that was just a nightmare, wtf are they even doing, did their studio got hit by an EMP or somethings thus reducing their production quality back to the 90s. WTF, atleast Yue and Hajime kissed, oh well that's about what's good in this episode. That boss fight was just a literal shitshow, I'd also not feel good if I have to fight a cgi monster that is out of sorts. Ah god. Luckily the manga and LN of this one has a soft spot in my heart, cause otherwise, Id have already burned dumpsterfire material.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2019 8:37 AM

Aug 2016
This show is mess, pacing and plot are all over the place. I have Big Order flashbacks now. I kinda like it though, when found out what this gonna be. Just turn off brain and enjoy balls it has.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2019 8:38 AM

Aug 2016
AivanK said:
I wonder how this episode would have looked if the CGI wasn't that horrible...
This is one of the worst cgi's i've seen...

Nah, you clearly forgot Berserk 16/17. Can't get worse then that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2019 11:39 AM
Apr 2019
One of the best fights in the LN, then they ruined it with low-budget CGI. I can't imagine what will happen to the fight against Golem Miledy and massacre of Ur. And they shouldn't mixed some scenes there like when Yue try to fight the Hydra while Hajime is injured. They should just have both Hajime's and Yue's monologues together.

By the way, f*ck Kouki! (not his current self in after story, but the one in this episode)
Aug 1, 2019 5:24 PM
Mar 2017
Yue and Hajime finally reach the last floor, but to their surprise a hydra is the last monster they must face and this monster turned out to be a tough and ruthless opponent.

That Hajime stole a kiss from the vampire loli, it shows that Hajime is more daring and Yue seemed to like the gesture.

That shit hydra turned out to be smarter than it looked, it took a lot of work to defeat each head, but obviously in the end it would have a hidden and much more powerful head and it attacks Yue, but the good Hajime defends his vampire loli, but The boy is seriously injured.

Yue is a very good partner, I was moved to see her struggle to defend Hajime who was unconscious and recovering from his injuries, but when the hydra was about to give it final blow to Yue Hajime returned to the action and together with Yue they destroyed the monster.

Kouki is an asshole, he gave a shit about the loss of Hajime, in fact Kaori is the only one who cared about Hajime's disappearance, although being sincere Yue already took Kaori's place.

The episode was decent, I will keep the comment of CGI, that point is clear with all the other comments and my opinion is not so far from that, but I do like how the bond between Yue and Hajime deepened.
Today Loli Sensei made her appearance and at least showed some concern for Hajime, but apparently she has her hands tied for her work as a farmer.
Aug 1, 2019 6:09 PM

Dec 2016
I like where this shows direction is heading with the use of CGI. Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 1, 2019 7:21 PM

Mar 2019
The CGI hadn't bothered me till this point.. Uhh that monster looked horrible and the design of it too. "that crappy monster" you're not wrong Hajime. I'm glad the Manga does a better job with the designs and art work.

I expected this fight scene to take up half an episode, not an entire one too lol.

Aug 1, 2019 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Martin_Taylor said:

Nah, you clearly forgot Berserk 16/17. Can't get worse then that.

Never seen Berserk, can you link with a video with a scene from that episode?
Really curious now that you said that.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 1, 2019 10:03 PM
Aug 2017
The entire fight was just horrible. There are so many creative ways to use transmutation and how did that energy beam only take out his one eye? This forced crap is so bad. I had hopes for this anime.
Aug 2, 2019 12:28 AM

Oct 2008
I can't really fell anything on this show! the OST are trash and sfx are trash! basically the whole adaptation is trash...this was said before but no harm repeating it.
2/5.

Aug 2, 2019 9:48 PM
Nov 2017
DheatlyBlaze said:
darkfearie said:

Ngl, cgi is bad but the episode is kinda ok. At least better than episode 1 :/

Nope, it's clearly the worst in the episode. The hydra's texture is awful, the Azure Blaze looks like a marble with flame texture, and the whole fight doesn't make it better
Well, at least I hope the next episode would use less CGI. It would be awesome cuz i really luv the manga and want to see a good anime adaptation

I feel kinda bad 4 white fox getting involved. Asread isnt a good studio, imo. Ik white fox wouldnt do something like this. Except 4 akame ga kill. They butchered it :/
Aug 3, 2019 6:04 PM
Feb 2019
Yo the whole series has been alittle confusing but i was all like 'nar she g ill give it a chance.'

NOW.....wtf is that CGI crap? My personal preference is that CGI does not belong in anime. This ep has locked it in boys!!

yet, i will continue to finish the season but i cant confirmed i will like it xx
Aug 3, 2019 7:33 PM
Apr 2018
Surprised to see so many people hating on the cgi. Its a lot better than some other series. Like i love the overlord series but the cgi in season 3? U guys want to see shitty cgi, check that out
Aug 4, 2019 3:09 AM

Feb 2018
Good final battle... Finally they defeat the boss.
Aug 4, 2019 11:11 AM

May 2017
the cgi looks like cgi movie from 1900 years ego.

can someone tell me whether they tell the story well or not? sry i didnt read novel
Aug 4, 2019 8:58 PM

Jul 2015
There's only one thing keeping me around, and that's my curiosity as to how the other will react when they find MC and the vampire girl. I really don't care at all about anything else and have begun skimming through the episodes. The CG don't help at all either.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 5, 2019 7:59 AM
Jan 2019
The protagonist kissed the vampire loli, I did not expect that 😅.
Good fight, although it would have been better if this anime had better animation.
Aug 6, 2019 7:20 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
papsoshea said:
Lol, cry all you want, even if this show had good animation, it would still be shit - shit story, shit characters, shit everything. And more lolicon bait in isekai, the loli vampire being hundreds of years old is just an excuse - she looks like a little child, talks like a little child, acts like a little child, sounds like a little child - so pedos and incels can get their precious boners.

Yeah this series is the lowest of the low.

Some people complained about supposed "lolibait" in Shield Hero...

Clearly they don't know what lolibait actually is

THIS

THIS IS lolibait

Aug 8, 2019 10:50 PM

Apr 2018
This is so unbearable to watch. That CGI doesn't even match the scenery. The story is so predictable
Aug 10, 2019 10:41 AM
Apr 2017
This episode. Oh my god.

I think we can all appreciate how considerate the snake is, rather than directing his killing laser beam/dafuqisthat directly on the girl, he starts it off 2 kms away from her so we can have a look at her chooouu kawaiii crying face while the beam gets closer. It's the kind of kindness you wouldn't expect from any but the top monsters, 11/10 would snake again.

That kiss. That "my beloved partner". I can't lie, that made me laugh so damn much. "oh hey I found you approximately 5 minutes ago, you sucked my blood a few times and we fought a couple of things so even though we have nothing in common, there's no build-up to it and no chemistry, I'll stick my tongue in your mouth because you look sad". What kind of incel wrote that? I expect hilarious stuff like this from anime, especially isekai and harem, but this is so over the top I can't even.

Without even reading a single post in this thread I can already imagine that the CGI was bashed to hell and back. I don't think that's enough but I don't really care to waste time bashing it a bit more.

To be honest, this is still amazing fun. I'd rather keep watching this, which is an atrocious, apocalyptically horrid excuse of an anime, than dr. stone as this one at least is vastly entertaining (for all the wrong reasons, perhaps, but who cares). It'll still be far closer to a 1 than an 8 but it's an enjoyable ride.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 17, 2019 9:54 AM

Aug 2017
lol ppl complaining about CGI. I could care less about that if u ask me.

Hajime and Yue kissed huh. The episode was meh, the fight was a bit underwhelming but Hajime lost an eye at least. Well, it's kind of weird how he lost it. I mean, it could happen in a better situation.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 18, 2019 11:02 PM
Apr 2019
MC kissed a loli after 3 episodes of them being together?

Ah that's complete bull lol.

At least it established a relationship than a dense other evil MC we know of ( Shield Hero ), hopefully it keeps it that way once the harem starts, might add for some good romance.

Also... can we just sit for a minute and talk about how holy water is so damn op?

Like I never heard of another reason to use so much plot armor... like "Big blow to his body, blood is dripping out, MC about to die" "just drink this Plot Armor and you can win the battle"

bleh.
Sep 1, 2019 9:01 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Wow, this goes so much trashier than I though in a single episode.
The art was garbage, the soundtrack was lacking emotion and the excessive kissing? That was just a no.
This show does get worst, doesn't it? I guess it's too late to back off now.
Sep 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
Yue and Hajime vs power rangers hydra version

Horrible horrible horrible CGI. This was some scary shit.
And wtf they kissed? So random
Nov 15, 2019 7:19 AM

Sep 2012
best spell in the world a kiss 😂😂😂

when they cut off the knight guys speech 😂😂😂
Nov 15, 2019 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
Nurguburu said:
lol ppl complaining about CGI. I could care less about that if u ask me.

Hajime and Yue kissed huh. The episode was meh, the fight was a bit underwhelming but Hajime lost an eye at least. Well, it's kind of weird how he lost it. I mean, it could happen in a better situation.

if cg is their only critique then they are just haters, that makes there opinion invalid they lose credibility
Sugram22Nov 23, 2023 3:36 AM
Dec 26, 2019 2:20 PM

Aug 2018
What the fuck is this shit?
This anime has so many problems
One very Bad CGI
Two the story is Rush,
Three in only four Episodes they think we are going to feel something for those two characters
My God!!!
Jan 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Dec 2017
10/10 truly a great anime to turn off your brain and enjoy. Fuck the cgi who cares when you got a near naked loli to stare at right?

The show makes it hard for me to care about the characters.
mc cardboard cutout and
lolibait and good at screaming mc's name
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Jun 7, 2020 8:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hmm this episode only filled with the battles, not quite interesting to be honest. Because the battles just appeared as a boredom. Fortunately the boredom got cured because Hajime do something nice with that vampire loli. He seems to be perfectly out of league some of decent lovers out there, even in a normal Rom-Com male shit MC. Good job for bringing that lewd so fast! Oh, but its understandable how thats shit even possible. It just about what happen before between them, woohoo. Oh-kay, i see why thats can come, very well direction!

On the others side, lets see how Aiko sensei do while people on that kingdom some crazy shit. Some classmate that appear on such as a nice face and good character, idk.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 4, 2020 5:07 PM
Mar 2018
I thought this show was any good, but 4 episodes in and the "hero" is already making out with a loli, while fighting a mediocre CGI serpent-dragon-robot from 2002. And the fight was just: Hero starts strong, get's overwhelmed, then love/friendship/determination takes over and they win (even with not just one but several "sacrifices"). This is so bland.
Oh and apparently there were other chracters in this anime as well; mostly future waifus I guess, because why have depth in the first place?

Besides the premise of this show is total shite. If there is a leveling up and a level cap even in this world, then why the heck is there a need to put anyone in danger. That one guy got to a top level in what seems to be weeks and noone else had the idea to just grind on the lower levels for a year or so and become highest level? Or noone came up with the idea to build different sets for the stats? I mean by the time an MMORPG is a week old there are already a billion builds out there, but the world that depends on that system doesn't know jack shit about that? Come on anime, you're not even trying!
Feb 11, 2021 6:17 AM

Nov 2019
They spent too much time on the fight. Gotta see this through to the end though. It's entertaining.
Mar 10, 2021 7:14 PM

Nov 2010
Watching this anime reminded me of Shadow Tower. The predecessor to Demon/Dark Souls. That game gave me nightmares when I was young. Good times.

As for the boss fight, the CGI was horrible, but over all it was okay.

Also, is it just me or the teacher looks so much younger than her students lol

Mar 19, 2021 1:18 PM

Sep 2012
so meany ppl whine about the CGI (i feel like its just excuse for a lot to cover some other reason)
sure the CGI isn't the bets but some ppl exaggerate with it nothing to cry about

@Nurguburu
i agree, its funny how much ppl bitch and whine about CGI :D
WolfDBreidi said:
The protagonist kissed the vampire loli, I did not expect that 😅.
Good fight, although it would have been better if this anime had better animation.

only ferry few animes have surprised me similar way this with daring MC overlord with other way and reincarnated as slime then Goblinslayer with brutality and off-screen rape that u know what goblins did but not so graphically like hentai few more i don't remember currently but this makes this animes unique and i like surprises like this at times

not fan of rape but Goblinslayer was good sins the rape part was well used also i think i like the sock factor of it a bit (what the rape adds to it) its unique art

also the rape gives good motive to kill the goblins that's also 1reason i think its well used
Apr 6, 2021 12:20 AM

Jan 2017
Uh.. what's going on in Hajime's mind when he seemingly randomly kissed Yue?

And how does he suddenly get new skills to defeat the Hydra? Wat kinda episode is this even
Apr 21, 2021 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
FragmantLemon said:
Uh.. what's going on in Hajime's mind when he seemingly randomly kissed Yue?

the entire trip deeper they have grown closer and he started to like her but not ready to admit it but he rushed the relationship a bit and kissed her to clam her to ensure to her he won't abandon her, it was clear from the starts, shows how they grow closer hes just has bit issue showing emotions that's why he acted cool before, with her it was clear she fell for him after killing the crap scorpion monster sins hes answer touched her deeply

FragmantLemon said:
And how does he suddenly get new skills to defeat the Hydra? Wat kinda episode is this even

the monsters he eat were not max level and so they could get new skills so can he he lvl's up and gets more of the monsters skills who he ate before, so he in future may even get more of the rabbit and bear monster skills to sins they had more lvl ups to get
Sugram22Apr 21, 2021 2:23 AM
Oct 6, 2021 9:39 PM
Nov 2016
This is stupid, i liked 1-3 episode. But why in the hell he kissed her. I mean, he just met her. I knew she was waiting someone to release her from the seal. But the kiss is just wrong. Also really battle animation.
Jan 28, 2022 9:16 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
The PS1 CGI Hydra was awful, that kiss was unexpected.
I don't like random powerup that Hajime pull from his ass that is lazy writing.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 6, 2022 2:06 PM

Jun 2021
I dont care about CGI. Hajime and Yue are one of the best couples i have ever seen! Love them so much :'), they give their lives for each other
May 30, 2022 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
A lot of kissing between Hajime and Yue in front of the hideous cgi hydra monster, no wonder he was mad.

Jun 21, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure if it was the CGI or the boring fight, but I almost fell asleep this episode.
Oct 31, 2022 11:46 PM

Jun 2017
The kiss seemed so out of the blue. I was hoping they would stay friends because not every boy/girl friendship needs to become romantic.
Also, Yue is strong at some points and then suddenly becomes weak. For the plot I guess.
Tho, for some reason I wanna keep watching this
May 7, 2023 2:09 PM
Jul 2016
Yue is really badly represented in the anime vs manga even more in this episode. Here she is barely a maiden in destress instead of a powerful combat force. We go through all the clichees of MC waking up because gf is crying and stuff.
Nov 29, 2023 6:32 PM

Nov 2023
Man, this is funny as hell. The animation I mean. They really butchered this series. I'm thinking of dropping it
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.