Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2019 9:44 PM

Feb 2016
Good OP. Good pacing. A lot of things are going on and no stupid fan service or cliffhanger. Characters are well-built. I watched some of top series at this season and none of them are interesting, because their structures are either badly designed or unbalanced. But this anime has a good storytelling, no time-extending drama and it succeeded to introduce story and characters by optimum action.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2019 10:23 PM

Apr 2019
i can only agree
but by creating this thread you are essentially baiting the haters, any second now xD

the manga was a 10 for me

the anime will most likely end at a 9
the pacing is a tad too fast, and i don't think they can manage it as well in the latter half of the show as they have so far
i didn't like the hand chain

everything else is perfect in my eyes
i guess some people might complain about stereotypical characters
but even though they are, i find them well done and enjoyable
i know the plot is amazing so im looking forward to see the whole thing adapted
the sound directing so far has been superb

i love the point you are making with unnecessary time extensions in certain scenes
astra does a good job driving forward with the plot

its definitely going to be nr 1 or 2 for me depending on how vinland saga is going to do as thats something im anticipating to take my nr 1 spot

but astra is well above all other shows in my book this season

ah and im gonna make a prediction here
the show score at the last episode + 2 weeks will be at 8.5

i predict the score going up to 8 with episode 8 and 9 >:)
Nim0174Jul 19, 2019 7:29 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 19, 2019 1:15 AM

Feb 2016
I hope I don't invite any biting or baiting. I made this thread, because all other series of this season are disappointing, not saying they aren't good, but they missed the balance, they wasted time on either character introduce or backstory or action without substance. But Astra, how I like it; it blends and melt mainly character introducing, backstory, action; not to mention all those character developments are top notch. I am also loving space theme.
Jul 19, 2019 8:08 AM
Jan 2019
Definitely a high tier anime of this season but i dont think is the actual best series of this season.Im lovin it though
Jul 19, 2019 3:10 PM
Dec 2018
It potentially could be the best of the season if they keep up the good work. :)
However, it's competing against shows that I think are also really good such as Vinland Saga and Dr.Stone.
LxW101Jul 19, 2019 3:14 PM
Jul 19, 2019 6:54 PM

Dec 2015
This and Vinland Saga, nothing else even comes close.
Dr. Stone is alright, but the tone is too childish for me to take seriously.
Jul 20, 2019 1:24 AM

Apr 2015
Not convinced. Very amateuristic and dull production despite the potential in the story.
Jul 20, 2019 6:33 AM
Apr 2016
Astra DOES have fanservice, quite a lot of it, and it honestly annoys me, since it wastes the potential. Unfortunately, the characters are god awfully generic and boring. The concept is good, yes, but the show itself is just...bad.
Jul 20, 2019 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
It’s alright, I somewhat agree with the characters being well built up but in the end, they feel awfully generic. You have the wannabe leader, the smart guy with white hair (It’s like they didn’t even try on that one), the “I want to have friends” girl to cheer up the group. The shy girl with big boogangas and the too cool to talk that has the hair of a emo kid. It’d say what’s good about the show ain’t the Characters but rather the situation they’re in. Depending on where it goes, it could become a good show but not the best of the season, in my opinion.
Jul 21, 2019 10:04 AM
May 2016
I read the manga and it was fantastic, now im bit worried that the anime wouldnt meet my expectation given that i havent watched anime in a long time. Just need to wait till its ended.
Jul 22, 2019 1:24 PM

May 2016
Nope. Vinland Saga. Literally there wasn'teven a single mistake in the first 3 episodes of Vinland.

Episode 1 from Astra was OK, Episode 2 was terrible (trash humor with terribly directed comedy scenes ruined everything). Episode 3 was suprisingly good (but still had problems like Episode 2, but a fewer than the previous episode)

I laughed so hard in this topic...
-
Jul 22, 2019 2:08 PM

Dec 2018
All the characters are trope-filled archetypical characters done poorly
Jul 22, 2019 3:53 PM

Apr 2014
PorchmonkeyD said:
All the characters are trope-filled archetypical characters done poorly

On their own yes, all at once match each-other beautifully.
Jul 24, 2019 11:50 AM

Dec 2015
Carole and Tuesday is still airing. Vinland Sage started new. Both are great and at least twice as good as this one. Also Cop Craft is better.

From the one on same level the one with Nobunaga and Isekai Cheat Magician are competing hard and not making it easy. I guess it could manage into top 4 at rank 4 if the plot twists (hopefully there are some with the traitor) later deliver.

So far it feels 7-ish score-wise. Don't know why people are hyping it while other decent (not good but not bad) anime are scored pretty low.
Jul 24, 2019 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
Absolutely not..
Jul 24, 2019 1:38 PM
Nov 2016
Not really. It has very good setup for a great story, but the characters are stereotypes we see everyday. I also don't think they balance the comedy and the survival feeling they are facing. Kanata tries too hard to keep everyone in high spirits, but that hurts the potential of the plot because the amount of bad decision making by the characters when reaching a potentially danger planet is evident. It's like a field trip when in reality it's supposed to be a hostile and dangerous environment, requiring teamwork and attention to the smallest details, and that's not what is happening even considering the high IQ characters in the cast.

Maybe I'm taking too serious, but I'm struggling in see what the show really wants to convey. Comparing to Sket Dance (same autor) he really nailed in how to do the emotional and serious parts and how to make it funny at the right time. Astra mixes both when the atmosphere that you need the characters to despair or feeling the pressure by acting like it isn't a big deal, that hurts my immersion so bad.
Jul 24, 2019 3:34 PM

Oct 2015
Lanz said:
Not convinced. Very amateuristic and dull production despite the potential in the story.
Thank you, I second this. The production is indeed dull and the few good dramatic moments the series has have very poor execution, as well as the comedic scenes.

It really is not a stellar series imo, despite its actually interesting concepts for the environments in each planet. Dr. Stone or Vinland Saga for example easily stand out more for me.

Jul 24, 2019 5:03 PM

Dec 2016
Hardly. With Fire Force, Vinland Saga, 2nd cour of both Kimetsu no Yaiba & Carole & Tuesday

It's not even the best in it's alleged category of character driven shows. GranBelm & Maidens of the savage season does a lot better in fleshing out their characters with less episodes aired.

Even comedy wise, Dumbbells, Machikado Mazoku, Sounan Desu Ka and Tejina Sempai has better flow and punchlines in their jokes
Jul 24, 2019 6:12 PM

Mar 2019
Not even in Top10 for me... is good, but just that...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 24, 2019 6:31 PM

Apr 2014
I am enjoying the series overall.
Jul 24, 2019 11:17 PM
Apr 2016
I feel like everyone complaining about the characters being "tropey" and "undeveloped" is kind of an unrealistic complaint considering most of the other shows this season have the same tropey characters yet they are largely praised? Like Dr Stone or Fire Force. Even if the characters' personalities aren't as "stereotypical" they are still quite undeveloped (e.g. Kimetsu no Yaiba). Heck, even in Vinland Saga, Thorfinn's "pure innocent boy" to "vengeful killer" development, or Thors who is the "wise father/mentor figure" is something you see literally EVERYWHERE. Is that a problem? No, because it's effective and we care about him. Astra's use of tropey characters help us remember them quickly in a short amount of time, which is good for a large ensemble cast.

Kimurah said:
Hardly. With Fire Force, Vinland Saga, 2nd cour of both Kimetsu no Yaiba & Carole & Tuesday

It's not even the best in it's alleged category of character driven shows. GranBelm & Maidens of the savage season does a lot better in fleshing out their characters with less episodes aired.

Even comedy wise, Dumbbells, Machikado Mazoku, Sounan Desu Ka and Tejina Sempai has better flow and punchlines in their jokes

Disagree. Kimetsu has super amazing production, but the story gets dull and repetitive after a certain amount of time. They develop the characters in the same "tragic flashback" formula over and over again till it gets boring. Although the characters have nice chemistry they aren't particularly well-written. It doesn't help that the pacing for the anime is slow as fuck.

Dr Stone has an interesting premise, and Senku/Tsukasa ideological conflict has potential, but the characters gets even less development than Kimetsu and Fire Force and stays being a simply "fun" series without much depth or good writing.

Fire Force has good worldbuilding and clearly shows some potential in depth and sensitivity in episode 2, but again, the characters are mostly uninteresting.

Vinland Saga is the definite best this season, there's no arguing about that. And I think Given (the other show that Lerche is doing this season) is also another top tier show, it has very different vibes though.
Jul 24, 2019 11:21 PM

May 2018
That's a funky way of spelling Vinland Saga
Jul 25, 2019 11:42 AM
Nov 2016
Tsukizono said:
I feel like everyone complaining about the characters being "tropey" and "undeveloped" is kind of an unrealistic complaint considering most of the other shows this season have the same tropey characters yet they are largely praised?

We know characters generally starts with a tropey premise, but when they embrace this spirit too much and the exposition of their personality becomes too evident preventing it to develop we can't see much depth behind it.

Senku from Dr. Stone is all the smug intellectual character but you can't deny he's moved by his goal to help the resurgence of civilization from zero with the most effective way. He adapts, he discuss, he considers the situation before acting, so he improves as the plot progresses. Maybe muscles dude is more tropey and the revived girl isn't innovative yet, but the only character that is going to make a difference into the plot, the MC, isn't, same with the antagonist with his ideals and intellect.

For Astra, the MC Kanata basically uses the motto of his sensei to guide his future steps regardless of the situation he's facing. He has an absurdity of keeping everyone hyped even if their situation demands him caution with that smiling face because sensei told so. IIRC, the line in episode 4 that he says something like "Let's just have fun and enjoy this moment to explore" right after stepping in a planet that's hostile shows how stupid the direction goes because the character is tied to the "death speech his sensei said that will dictates his future". It isn't absurd to ask a little bit of common sense by reaching potentially dangerous areas, be aware of it surrounds, and still commit in playing his tropey card.

Anyways I'm only taking about the MC, the character that should inspire the watcher to keep interested to the show, there are many other repetitive moments with other characters that adds nothing relevant any weak comedy moments.

In summary, tropey characters are fine, but they need to go outside of their comfort zone more so their interactions aren't repetitive and boring (like some characters in Black Cover that loves to use their catch phrases over and over to establish their tropey play).
DimmuOliJul 25, 2019 11:46 AM
Jul 25, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2019
I love space anime so I agree. It is almost certainly a breath of fresh air^^
Jul 25, 2019 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
Dunno if I'd say that, this is actually a decently stacked season for me. Personally, it trails behind Vinland Saga with its interesting themes and clearer world and I'd need to do a lot of soul searching to determine whether I like this more than O Maidens in Your Savage Season with the hilarious and surprisingly raw portrayal of sexuality and Dr. Stone with its plot that carries a good level of intrigue and interesting core conflict.

Kanata no Astra is great, don't get me wrong, but personally, this is a surprisingly stacked season and it feels like its going to be a close race between a lot of series for best of the season.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jul 25, 2019 4:54 PM

Apr 2019
i find it hilarious people are writing good reviews at this point
(don't get me wrong astra is awesome)
its just they havent even remotely seen what the show is about / the great parts are yet to come.

MaskOfIce said:
Dunno if I'd say that, this is actually a decently stacked season for me. Personally, it trails behind Vinland Saga with its interesting themes and clearer world and I'd need to do a lot of soul searching to determine whether I like this more than O Maidens in Your Savage Season with the hilarious and surprisingly raw portrayal of sexuality and Dr. Stone with its plot that carries a good level of intrigue and interesting core conflict.

Kanata no Astra is great, don't get me wrong, but personally, this is a surprisingly stacked season and it feels like its going to be a close race between a lot of series for best of the season.

thats an expected perspective, if you like it now you will love it soon
the 2nd half is where it gets interesting

i can't judge Vinland since i do not know the source material
but its definitely above Dr Stone for me personally, as someone who has read both of these mangas
Nim0174Jul 25, 2019 4:58 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 25, 2019 7:55 PM

Mar 2009
I'm enjoying Astra, Fire Force and Dr. Stone a lot. I'd safely put them in the 2nd tier of anime airing this season. But yeah, as most people have said already, Vinland Saga is top tier.
Jul 27, 2019 11:33 AM

Dec 2016
Tsukizono said:
Disagree. Kimetsu has super amazing production, but the story gets dull and repetitive after a certain amount of time. They develop the characters in the same TRAGIC FLASHBACK formula over and over again till it gets boring. Although the characters have nice chemistry they aren't particularly well-written. It doesn't help that the pacing for the anime is slow as fuck.

You described Kanata no Astra with those two words, Tragic Flashback. "Mommy doesn't love me because I'm useless. My mentor died therefore I'll live to my fullest in the most reckless way. Mommy doesn't pay attention to me therefore I'll hate my little sister out of pure jealousy."

The huge difference with Kimetsu No Yaiba is that it has the running time and pace in order not to feel like you're making a line and hoping your favorite sterotype of a character gets it's time under the spotlight. The story feels organic with characters joining in and some leaving soon after they were introduced. With Kanata no Astra it falls under the problem of introducing a large cast of stereotypes in a single episode just waiting their turn to tell their sob story

The pacing for Kimetsu no yaiba is quite fine taking in consideration that it's a reformat of the old "battle shonen" type. If we were using the old standards the series should be aiming to have 60+ episodes at least. The training episode in the early stage was incredibly short but effective in comparisson to old format shonen that would have at least asked 3 episodes. In comparisson Kanata no Astra goes at neck breaking speed taking out valuable time to expand and describe the planets that so far have been reduced to one planet per episode and that takes away a lot of vital explanation
KimurahJul 27, 2019 11:44 AM
Jul 29, 2019 3:36 AM
Apr 2016
Kimurah said:
Tsukizono said:
Disagree. Kimetsu has super amazing production, but the story gets dull and repetitive after a certain amount of time. They develop the characters in the same TRAGIC FLASHBACK formula over and over again till it gets boring. Although the characters have nice chemistry they aren't particularly well-written. It doesn't help that the pacing for the anime is slow as fuck.

You described Kanata no Astra with those two words, Tragic Flashback. "Mommy doesn't love me because I'm useless. My mentor died therefore I'll live to my fullest in the most reckless way. Mommy doesn't pay attention to me therefore I'll hate my little sister out of pure jealousy."

The huge difference with Kimetsu No Yaiba is that it has the running time and pace in order not to feel like you're making a line and hoping your favorite sterotype of a character gets it's time under the spotlight. The story feels organic with characters joining in and some leaving soon after they were introduced. With Kanata no Astra it falls under the problem of introducing a large cast of stereotypes in a single episode just waiting their turn to tell their sob story

The pacing for Kimetsu no yaiba is quite fine taking in consideration that it's a reformat of the old "battle shonen" type. If we were using the old standards the series should be aiming to have 60+ episodes at least. The training episode in the early stage was incredibly short but effective in comparisson to old format shonen that would have at least asked 3 episodes. In comparisson Kanata no Astra goes at neck breaking speed taking out valuable time to expand and describe the planets that so far have been reduced to one planet per episode and that takes away a lot of vital explanation

Pacing issues is probably a personal preference then. I thought Kimetsu's pacing was too slow, and I can't deny that Astra's is a bit quicker than my preference (which is the issue of the adaptation and not the manga itself from when I read the corresponding chapters to the eps), but I had no problems with it.

About the tragic flashback thing, I feel like what Kimetsu does is that they have the EXACTLY SAME FLASHBACK FOR EVERY CHARACTER. The demon is treated badly as a human, but Tanjiro shows them kindness, they pass away peacefully...etc.etc. It's the exact same emotions every time.

At the very least Astra has different backstories, and the flashbacks will connect to a bigger picture of what's going on behind the scenes (I'm not a manga reader, but there's definitely something going on with the parents). Kimetsu's main character backstories aren't particularly special and don't connect to a bigger theme or anything.

I don't know, I may be biased because I read the Kimetsu manga and I feel like almost all the characters have so much wasted potential and most of them
Jul 29, 2019 9:51 AM

Apr 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Aeoness said:
Good OP. Good pacing. A lot of things are going on and no stupid fan service or cliffhanger. Characters are well-built. I watched some of top series at this season and none of them are interesting, because their structures are either badly designed or unbalanced. But this anime has a good storytelling, no time-extending drama and it succeeded to introduce story and characters by optimum action.

It could be
For me the characters are pretty plain. The only interesting character is yunhua until now
Kanata looked interesting but fell short as a mc for this anime
Very good anime but nothing compared to vinland saga or dr stone

meh
as someone who read both astra and stone
stone really doesn't compare to astra in terms of story, stone is way too straight forward, but has better characterization, but worse story telling, depends on what you value i guess
astra's storytelling is written like attack on titan and neverland thats why its so good(will be)

i don't know Vinland Saga's Source Material so i can't say much about that

Tsukizono said:
Kimurah said:

Pacing issues is probably a personal preference then. I thought Kimetsu's pacing was too slow, and I can't deny that Astra's is a bit quicker than my preference (which is the issue of the adaptation and not the manga itself from when I read the corresponding chapters to the eps), but I had no problems with it.

About the tragic flashback thing, I feel like what Kimetsu does is that they have the EXACTLY SAME FLASHBACK FOR EVERY CHARACTER. The demon is treated badly as a human, but Tanjiro shows them kindness, they pass away peacefully...etc.etc. It's the exact same emotions every time.

At the very least Astra has different backstories, and the flashbacks will connect to a bigger picture of what's going on behind the scenes (I'm not a manga reader, but there's definitely something going on with the parents). Kimetsu's main character backstories aren't particularly special and don't connect to a bigger theme or anything.

I don't know, I may be biased because I read the Kimetsu manga and I feel like almost all the characters have so much wasted potential and most of them

i share your sentiment
i can confirm your speculation, so look forward to the bigger picture in Astra. You won't see it coming
Nim0174Jul 29, 2019 9:57 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 29, 2019 4:56 PM

Dec 2016
Tsukizono said:

You're comparing apples to oranges simply because you're complaining about the antagonists, when the main topic is the protagonists

I don't have a problem with the characterization of the antagonists because they aren't the main characters, they are just transient characters that even in some other kind of battle shonen would leave without any characterization and most likely they would be depicted just as morally black or evil characters, but they choose to give them a short story before they die, I see that as an "extra" rather than a main feature.

The right comparisson would be the backstories of Tanjiro & Nezuko, Zenitsu, Inozuke and even side-characters that have been a great support for the main cast like Makomo, Sabito Urokodaki and so on. Their stories have been shown in a very gradual and natural pacing. Compared to Kanata no Astra that have been incredibly scheduled and placed by turns in a very structured scheme and we already know all of their stories will be sappy sob stories of misfortuned kids while playing the a sad sob song in a violin so that easy to sway people think it's magnificently well put together but it's just cheap sentimentalism of a hand picked group of angsty teenagers.
Jul 29, 2019 5:43 PM

Dec 2008
Definitely one of the better series this season, A Certain Scientific Accelerator is good, so is How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift?.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jul 29, 2019 6:43 PM

Jan 2014
Aeoness said:
I watched some of top series at this season and none of them are interesting, because their structures are either badly designed or unbalanced. .

These four shows would like to disagree with you

Jul 29, 2019 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
As long as the traitor reveal makes sense (Stuff like motivation and logically being able to be a traitor, like at this point, it cannot be Kanata if his goal is to kill everyone because he had ample opportunity to do that in the latest episode, for example) and isn't disappointing, it'll probably be at minimum a 7/10.

Disappointing would be the puppet being a robot and being the traitor.

And no, this post isn't an invitation to post spoilers answering me.

Jul 29, 2019 8:03 PM

Apr 2019
AnimeAdamOP said:
As long as the traitor reveal makes sense (Stuff like motivation and logically being able to be a traitor, like at this point, it cannot be Kanata if his goal is to kill everyone because he had ample opportunity to do that in the latest episode, for example) and isn't disappointing, it'll probably be at minimum a 7/10.

puppet being a robot haha that would be hilarious how does one come up with that xD
i think you'll enjoy the 2nd half

nice profile picture btw
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 30, 2019 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
Nim0174 said:
AnimeAdamOP said:

puppet being a robot haha that would be hilarious how does one come up with that xD

nice profile picture btw

That actually is a possibility, but since this is an adaptation and you're obviously a big fan of source material of course it sound funny.

But if this is an original anime or at least you haven't read the manga b4hand I'm sure you might consider this too lol
Jul 30, 2019 8:23 AM

Apr 2019
JuuzouXIII said:
Nim0174 said:

nice profile picture btw

That actually is a possibility, but since this is an adaptation and you're obviously a big fan of source material of course it sound funny.

But if this is an original anime or at least you haven't read the manga b4hand I'm sure you might consider this too lol

no, my imagination is lacking for that xD
when i read it ? what did i think back then good question
i was on the Aries Boat, mainly because of the Nintendo DS Game '999 Hours Persons Doors'. and if not for that i probably would have just suspected most of the Characters, but thats a good one xD i mean how would that even work the puppet can't walk or does it mind control funi? xD
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 3, 2019 2:38 PM

May 2009

I can't believe people watch these cancerous fake 60FPS edits of openings. It's so fucking awful I would rather had my eyes stabbed than watch it again.
Aug 5, 2019 8:01 AM

Jan 2019
Nim0174 said:
i can only agree
but by creating this thread you are essentially baiting the haters, any second now xD

the manga was a 10 for me

the anime will most likely end at a 9
the pacing is a tad too fast, and i don't think they can manage it as well in the latter half of the show as they have so far
i didn't like the hand chain

everything else is perfect in my eyes
i guess some people might complain about stereotypical characters
but even though they are, i find them well done and enjoyable
i know the plot is amazing so im looking forward to see the whole thing adapted
the sound directing so far has been superb

i love the point you are making with unnecessary time extensions in certain scenes
astra does a good job driving forward with the plot

its definitely going to be nr 1 or 2 for me depending on how vinland saga is going to do as thats something im anticipating to take my nr 1 spot

but astra is well above all other shows in my book this season

ah and im gonna make a prediction here
the show score at the last episode + 2 weeks will be at 8.5

i predict the score going up to 8 with episode 8 and 9 >:)

Nice to see someone else who thinks this is a good one. I don't know why I like this anime at all. It has so much stupid things but I don't care, since it's anime and scifi and I enjoy the series, and nothing else matters. :)
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Aug 5, 2019 11:06 PM
Apr 2019
This is an awesome anime!! That said this is probably the best anime season of all time so it is tough to say it's the best for me.

1. fireforce
2. isekai cheat magician
3. dr. stone
4. arifureta
5. astra lost in space
6. danmachi s2
7. milf isekai
8. will you please like hentai if she's cute
9. to the abandoned sacred beasts
10. dumbbell
Aug 5, 2019 11:16 PM

Nov 2011
It's the dark horse of this season.

Aug 6, 2019 10:11 AM

May 2012
I say it is my top 3 anime

1- Vinland Saga
2- Dr. Stone
3- Kanata no Astra
Aug 6, 2019 11:18 PM

Dec 2016
Just seen 1st episode. And gotta say it was one of the most enjoyable 1st episodes I've ever seen for modern 2010s anime, I'm quite surprised. Interesting setting, intriguing storyline, likable characters, good visuals and colors, balanced pacing, I'm totally buying this.

I don't give a shit the characters are stereotypical, not gonna look down on a series for that. The only thing that matters is to have a genuinely fun experience, characters be generic or not.
Aug 7, 2019 5:06 AM

Jan 2011
DivinePotato said:
Astra is very bad.

>>The direction is weak and has no personality
>>The characters are extremely one dimensional:

-Emo guy acts like emo guy;
-Glasses girl acts like glasses girl;
-Pig tail girl is tsundere as expected;
-Glasses guy is intelligent;
-Short pink hair girl acts like short pink hair girl.

Not only that, their development is done rushed and poorly, it follows a simple structure that does work when done right, well, it is not in this case:

1. Conflict is intruduced;
2. External factor happens;
3. Character is changed.

All of that in one episode. Humans dont work like that, we dont change in a matter of a minute. We dont overcome old internal conflicts in one day.

And we have Vinland Saga this season, wich is much better written.
The first episode was ok only because it feel like it was getting the bullshit out of the way. Even with the little sister arc it was acceptable because I wasn't interested in some half-assed sibling drama. However the characterization feels hollow. The tension isn't there and is broken up by some clown or another shouting. The conflict is pretty shallow and too easily solved. Even the overarcing plot of a traitor in their midst is casually brought up and cast aside when it's convenient. The character interaction feels janky and forced at times. That idiotic singing confirmed what I suspected by the start of episode 3, which, honestly I can't even remember now. It seemed interesting when I looked at the story and I liked the art but then it's cheap LN style storytelling kicked in. This is clesrly one of many that I will completely forget exists unless the hentai is generous.
Aug 11, 2019 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
Aug 11, 2019 10:03 PM

Jul 2016
This shit sucks, you must be crazy to call it the season's best, hell mom fetish isekai is better than this.
Aug 12, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2019
QWERTYFish25 said:
Had to take a break from ep 6. Yeah, this series is a let down. LN trash, tier.

your mom was a let down
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 14, 2019 10:56 AM

Nov 2007
QWERTYFish25 said:
Had to take a break from ep 6. Yeah, this series is a let down. LN trash, tier.

You took a break at the worst time because it is well established amongst majority of the readers that the contents after episode 6 are gonna be the real stuff (which won that source material all the plaudits it could get, including actual awards) and episode 7 didn't disappoint jfyi.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 14, 2019 11:02 AM

Mar 2016
not even halfway close, but I'd say it's a solid af adaptation of its source material despite its obvious pacing issues.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.