Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2019 7:30 PM
Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought episode 895 will be a Boa Hancock special rather than the "Pirate Festival," I guess I got fed a bunch of misleading information...

Well, this Pirate Festival side-story seems rather interesting, seems like we'll see a lot of old characters. It was really cool to see Boa again, she's still all over Luffy, haha.
Jul 27, 2019 8:06 PM

Oct 2015
i mean
what pirate festival
its still a hancock special , with the pirate festival only being mentioned as an excuse to shrill the movie
dw about it
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jul 27, 2019 8:13 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Not bad for a filler episode, I'd say. It was pretty nice to see Boa after such a long time.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 27, 2019 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
I still dont know why they did not do this before the start of Wano... We have interrupted bthe flow of an arc for this when they had the perfect time to pause and show this 3 weeks ago...
Jul 27, 2019 8:44 PM

Jun 2009
I missed Boa Hancock so much <3 she and luffy make a great couple I hope by the end of one piece or afterwards they end up together that'd be sweet too bad the episode was censored with steam we couldn't get to see her hot body seems there was more boobage and ecchi back in the day when they first introduced Boa and her sisters island
Jul 27, 2019 8:47 PM

Oct 2015
It was great to see Hancock again, is it me or she got really taller than Luffy? Luffy would be a great husband, even if it's not with her- he just knows how to protect a lady. He may act dumb, but I doubt he is by the way he acts in serious situations.

The other thing, how can Luffy still has trouble with small fries like these Cidre guys? Luffy defeated famed pirates like Doffy and Katakuri, do you think those two would run around like that? Hell no, they would finish them just like that. The logic in Oda's work is sometimes puzzling.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 27, 2019 8:53 PM

Jun 2011
lihle808 said:
The logic in Oda's work is sometimes puzzling.
I haven't watched the episode yet but I don't think Oda wrote these fillers' script.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 27, 2019 9:18 PM
Jan 2018
New voice actor for Boa? Her reactions towards Luffy seems more annoying than it normally should. It’s a fun side story for the movie, I juste always hate how they nerf the characters for it though
Jul 27, 2019 10:12 PM

Oct 2017
Missed Hancock its been so long since last saw her. So watching her again even in this filler made me happy. Also not bad for a filler.
Jul 28, 2019 1:45 AM

Mar 2014
when you know the next ep the Fillers are Ending, you know it's One Piece.
literally 2 eps of filler and we are back to Wano Kuni!!!
looking forward to the movie!!!
Jul 28, 2019 2:15 AM

Jun 2012
Vindicater said:
I still dont know why they did not do this before the start of Wano... We have interrupted bthe flow of an arc for this when they had the perfect time to pause and show this 3 weeks ago...

Get people hooked and tease Wano.

Glad it's only 1 more episode. Is Boa voice actress a new one?
Jul 28, 2019 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Boa Hancock again!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 28, 2019 2:34 AM

Dec 2014
so like really enjoying the side story...I thought this would be about when luffy was with boa hankook...but to them to see each other again like that is awesome too... great side story and plus a great marketing gimmick for the movie
Jul 28, 2019 2:54 AM
Feb 2015
lihle808 said:
It was great to see Hancock again, is it me or she got really taller than Luffy? Luffy would be a great husband, even if it's not with her- he just knows how to protect a lady. He may act dumb, but I doubt he is by the way he acts in serious situations.

The other thing, how can Luffy still has trouble with small fries like these Cidre guys? Luffy defeated famed pirates like Doffy and Katakuri, do you think those two would run around like that? Hell no, they would finish them just like that. The logic in Oda's work is sometimes puzzling.

She taller than him even before the time skip
Jul 28, 2019 3:13 AM

Oct 2015
I like it how at the beginning of the episode Chopper said "yome! yome!" in such a bored, calm, slow voice. That was the time I realized I gotta watch this episode sped up, too.

Also jesus, what have they done to Brook??? I thought Brook would be completely against painting his afro to make sure it stays intact for Laboon.
The Boa Hancock fanservice is strong in this episode.

I'd say they chose a good spot to put these 2 filler episodes. It's right before the movie (for the japanese. the rest of us must wait til february). Also it doesn't interrupt Wano arc that much at least. Only 2 episodes, and we weren't in the middle of anything that much. At least I couldn't have come up with a better spot for it, except for the gap between the Reverie and Wano.
Jul 28, 2019 3:16 AM

May 2018
I mean don't get me wrong nothing wrong with the side story ,but they could of pull it before the Wano arc instead of the blasted flash backs or simply after it. Just my 2 cents :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2019 3:16 AM

May 2013
What a garbage side episode. It was so random in every way.
Jul 28, 2019 3:56 AM

Oct 2015
croixgolden said:
lihle808 said:

She taller than him even before the time skip

dont bother with him
tbh

hes a memer
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jul 28, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2015
right to everyone making comments about the ep airing in the middle of the arc
i get you but sadly
they had to

they did this before with strong world, where they aired a filler arc inbetween the impel down arc

because these fillers serve as a prequel to the movie, and if you look at the date the movie airs, and the date next weeks ep air
yeaaa you can see why
>air the last ep of the filler days before the movie
>end it with a teaser of the movie
>get people to see the movie in a few days win

why dont they air the movie earlier?
idk,

but yea

we have to deal with this then =/
Jul 28, 2019 4:45 AM

Feb 2013
Interesting so far.
Jul 28, 2019 5:05 AM
Jan 2011
Thanks for info from above. It sadly still doesn't change. They really could have done an episode were they meet so it will make seens how the whole crew is together and once the filer is over for them to make it like a flashback of what happened (as they are experts on flashbacks). And and least now i know why it fells like a movie (i mean come on, they are pirates and they need to flee from water? Not even using a gear? Boa comes out completely naked (i take she was forced into stuff with the celestial dragons as she didn't looked bothered at all) but no one got petrified instantly like provisionally unless she used her skills?)
And i take this is just the beginning, pirate festival soon, as the anime caught up with the manga arch....
Psi18cJul 28, 2019 5:08 AM
Jul 28, 2019 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
they cant really
the entire arc (or well the movie and the arc is just an extension of that)
HAS to take place after luffy defeated big mom, where he reached 1.5 bil berry
there is no time span in the manga ever where that happened and before wano

basically just actually treat this as filler
you can tell from the anime opening even they stopped giving a shit if anything make sense
since every character is appearing even tho like 75% of them arent suppose to

they stopped caring
Jul 28, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2016
Yay for Luffy and Hancock. Missed those two together.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 7:27 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
feelsbad =/ was expecting the filler to show hancock meeting the SH at least or adknowledge they exist so we can see her delusion =/
Jul 28, 2019 7:45 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:
feelsbad =/ was expecting the filler to show hancock meeting the SH at least or adknowledge they exist so we can see her delusion =/

Maybe they will meet(in the movie), but their first meeting should be canon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 7:54 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

Maybe they will meet(in the movie), but their first meeting should be canon.

ye sadly =/
tfw cockblocking by canon =/

but yea, looking at the new opening, theres.... alot of characters
some of whom shouldnt be meeting each other in the movie
so unless this movie defies all of that and just say fck it
=/ =/ feelsbad

Jul 28, 2019 8:11 AM
Feb 2019
People complaining they didn't do the fillers before starting Wano. You know the movie is coming on August 9 and these are 2 promotional episodes?

You have to put the fillers close by to spark the interest and get people into the cinema. What's the point of doing the episodes and then waiting a month to release the movie?

Sometimes I think fans are a bunch of whiny kids who think Toei's duty is to make western audiences happy so they can go and watch the show in illegal websites in 80% of the cases, to later go on and shit on the show sigh...

Anyway, nice to see Boa again
Jul 28, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
If filler can be fun like this then I am all for filler, bring it on!!

That said, power of carbonation? LOL That's just dumb.

It was a ton of fun to see Boa and her sisters again. I hadn't realized until now that I missed them.

I love the part when Luffy brought up Boa's back...it happened very organically and not in the forced flashback type of way.
Jul 28, 2019 10:56 AM
Apr 2018
Vindicater said:

My thought exactly. Totaly ruined the vibe for me and I was really into the start of Wano arc. I really like the art, animation and story so far... and now this... How many filler episodes will it be before Wano arc come back? I really don't care about the soda dudes... (cidre gang or wtv)
Jul 28, 2019 1:21 PM

Sep 2017
Really liked this first filler, I'm hyped already for Stampede !
Jul 28, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
I was sad with how the art looks and I really do think it is best to make this into a movie instead of it being in the actual series but seeing best girl Hancock again is enough to make me like this episode :D

Edit: After finishing the episode, I take that back, the animation was too bad and the story is all over the place, also it seems from the preview that this will hopefully end in the next epsiode so I hope that does happen.
One more thing, did that guy suicide with the poison? He at least killed his other teammates that's for sure.

RPWPAJul 28, 2019 2:43 PM
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 28, 2019 5:18 PM

Nov 2008
That was fanfic-level story writing. Oh well, it will be gone after next week and we'll all forget about it.

Jul 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
Stupid and useless filler episode without a care for continuity.
Jul 28, 2019 8:06 PM
Sep 2011
Holy shit, that was a LOT of characters.
Jul 28, 2019 9:03 PM

Jul 2013
For a filler episode it was pretty good. So the whole thing is about the headhunter and the pirate festival. Seeing Hancock after such a long was very nice. First thought of me when I saw her taking a bath was "No they don't do it again right? Right?....Okay they do it again". :D I missed her a lot but you could tell she definitely missed Luffy even more :>

A lot of new names got mentioned. I guess in the actual movie they will shown up. Also interesting That these enemies fight with carbonic acid so the same as the Coup de Burst of the Sunny.

I can't really tell if this Cidre guy is strong or not. Let's find out next episode.
Natsu88Jul 28, 2019 9:06 PM

Jul 28, 2019 11:24 PM

Feb 2017
Not bad for a filler episode. It’s nice to see some info for the upcoming movie. And man this made me realize how much I miss Hancock.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jul 29, 2019 12:05 AM

Sep 2018
I enjoyed that, pretty hyped for the movie. Seeing all of the pirates together again should make for some interesting watching.
Jul 29, 2019 6:16 AM
Apr 2016
Cazador75 said:
Stupid and useless filler episode without a care for continuity.
I mean, we didn't get any fillers in a long while, remember. We used to get them nearly after every arc.
Jul 29, 2019 6:27 AM
Jul 2019
That anime omg love it
Jul 29, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
It was nice seeing Hancock again, but what was up with this episode? So a vice admiral has to stab himself in front of a fully-clothed Hancock, but that fodder just snaps out of it because their boss said so? Stupid...
Jul 29, 2019 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
I don't like the fact that Luffy is underpowered in this ep, like seriously, no gears? No haki?
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Jul 29, 2019 12:24 PM
Apr 2016
Sorines said:
I don't like the fact that Luffy is underpowered in this ep, like seriously, no gears? No haki?
Perhaps he didn't use them because they're too weak?
Jul 29, 2019 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
why people why? I wanted to continue the Wano arc. Are they pulling a Naruto on us?

I got motivated after I saw Hancock but my internet connection is so bad and the episode is so boring I regret the hour I spent on merely half an episode of disappointment.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 29, 2019 4:05 PM

Jul 2017
Even for a filler, this shit was amazing and also so well animated. And the best part of it... ahhh man, i got to see Hancock again <3 what a great time to be alive. I love those Luffy x Hancock moments as well, they're so funny xD And lmao, Luffy still prefers his Cola over Hancock. Friendzoning her since they met haha.

Really looking forward to see their teamwork, just like in the 3D2Y special episode! (Never thought i would say this considering that it's a filler, who knew)
Jul 29, 2019 4:32 PM

May 2014
Very nostalgia to see Hancock back in the series. Even the old hag (amazing she is still alive) and her two sisters. Her face expression seeing Luffy is just as expected. LOL, and seeing them again in the hot springs reminds us of the good old One Piece. The art was amazing here. I loved it. Amazing how the new director animate the water waves. It looks amazing. All in all, good ep., but it was sad that we didn't see a imaginary dream of her and Luffy at 19:43. I mean the place and time was perfect. Dammit, Toei!
Jul 29, 2019 4:33 PM

May 2014
WaterLord said:
Even for a filler, this shit was amazing and also so well animated. And the best part of it... ahhh man, i got to see Hancock again <3 what a great time to be alive. I love those Luffy x Hancock moments as well, they're so funny xD And lmao, Luffy still prefers his Cola over Hancock. Friendzoning her since they met haha.

Really looking forward to see their teamwork, just like in the 3D2Y special episode! (Never thought i would say this considering that it's a filler, who knew)

Eventually she will become his cola. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 29, 2019 4:36 PM

May 2014
2ego said:
Sorines said:
Perhaps he didn't use them because they're too weak?

I thought the same. That's the way Luffy is fighting his enemies. I can be sure he will use it against Cider. ^^
Jul 29, 2019 4:37 PM

Jul 2017
mangalicker94 said:
WaterLord said:

Eventually she will become his cola. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You know it dude! xD praying for that to happen haha. I'm still hoping he chooses her in the long run lol
Jul 29, 2019 7:44 PM
Aug 2011
Side story mediocrity with Boring Trashcock? Easy skip.
Jul 29, 2019 8:43 PM
Mar 2018
Another episode dedicated to promote a film. Well it's not the first time OP has done that. They dedicated 3 episodes to promote the Gold movie before starting whole cake island arc. And also in the past they spent some episodes to promote the Z film. Similarly they did it this time. And I guess it will end in the next episode. Nonetheless it was good to see Hancock back after such a long time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Miked - Aug 19, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 365 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Aug 12, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 364 Discussion

Somebody - Aug 5, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 363 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jul 24, 2008

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.