Forum Settings
Forums

Doga Kobo Produces 'Koisuru Asteroid' TV Anime for January 2020

New
Jul 25, 2019 8:33 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Koisuru Asteroid anime series unveiled the lead staff and a teaser visual (pictured) on Friday. The television anime adapting Quro's slice of life comedy manga is being produced by animation studio Doga Kobo for a January 2020 premiere.

Staff
Director: Daisuke Hiramaki (Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!)
Series Composition: Yuka Yamada (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)
Character Design: Jun Yamazaki (Sansha Sanyou)

The story of Koisuru Asteroid begins when Mira Kinohata met a boy named Ao at a town camping. While gazing at the starry sky together, Mira learns that there's a star with the same name as herself, but no star named Ao. The two then promised to one day explore asteroids together and find a star to name it after him.

Several years later, Mira enrolls at the Hoshizaki high school and decides to join the astronomy club to fulfill her promise. However, she learns that the astronomy club will be merged with the geological research society to form the earth science club. Reluctantly, Mira goes to the club room and is reunited with Ao Manaka—the person she made the promise to explore asteroids with—and is shocked to learn that she is a girl.

The two are joined by upperclassmen Mai Inose and Sakurai Mikage, a second and third year student from the geological research society, and Mari Morino, a third year student from the astronomy club.

The 4-koma manga has been serialized in Manga Time Kirara Carat since January 2017. Houbunsha published the second compiled volume on May 27.

Source: Entertainment Station

Jul 25, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2014
Anyone know if the source material has yuri teases?
I'll probably try it either way, just curious.
Jul 25, 2019 9:20 AM

Sep 2013
Decent team, it's just a matter of the source material at this point.
Jul 25, 2019 9:48 AM

Jan 2019
Looks like maybe some light yuri themes with an extra dose of moe! Moe Yuri is always welcome, even if there is no yuri we will at least have moe, and having moe is better than not having moe.

Also, I still like to get out the telescope on clear nights every now and then, so the theme of this show is definitely appealing.
Jul 25, 2019 9:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Anything by Doga Koba is sure to be Great!

Pretty good Staff behind the workings too, looking forward to this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 25, 2019 10:52 AM

Aug 2018
So, Studio Doga Kobo doing a cute earth science anime?

This is relevant to my interests! SIGN ME UP!
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 25, 2019 11:29 AM

Aug 2018
Doga Kobo is already the best at doing cute girls show and you add an AMAZING staff with that, it promises high quality
Jul 25, 2019 2:58 PM
Aug 2015
abhutrash said:

I just read through the translated chapters, it doesn't really go past subtext, well at least the mcs friend likes yuri
Jul 25, 2019 3:00 PM

Nov 2014
epicyarnboy said:
abhutrash said:

I just read through the translated chapters, it doesn't really go past subtext, well at least the mcs friend likes yuri
Eh, figured that was the case. Thanks for the response *thumbs up*
Jul 25, 2019 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty solid staff if I can be fair. Also given that the director only has directed Wataten, and from what I've seen there's probably at least going to be some charm with the adaptation. But who knows. x3

Also Kobayashi's Dragon Maid series composition partaking this is a highlight too imo.
Jul 25, 2019 4:22 PM
Apr 2019
I was interested in that plot twist of the synopsis, I really do not care if there is no romance between them, I am also interested in a light anime about a school club with two good friends getting along.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jul 25, 2019 4:45 PM

Oct 2016
Doga Kobo Insta Watch
Jul 25, 2019 6:00 PM

Dec 2014
Cover art looks great so I might watch it just cause of that. The premise seems nice.
Jul 26, 2019 3:24 AM

Jul 2009
Doga Kobo is now my favorite studio producing CGDCT series. There's just something about their characters and brand of comedy that I find strangely appealing. All their stuff so far have been hits for me, so I'm really forward to this one!
Jul 26, 2019 3:50 AM

Apr 2012
KuuhakuDesu said:
If it doesn't, it'd be really unusual, given this synopsis.
I mean... the whole "meeting once as children, watching the stars together, then parting and reuniting" stuff is romance 101 in anime.

Try reading or watching something other than romance. Then you will notice that such a melodrama is quite common for 95% of anime.

abhutrash said:

Don't listen to fanboys, for which any sugar moment or nakama melodrama is already a yuri subtext.This is a completely generic CGDCT manga, the maximum baiting level of which is “she is cute!”.

Rosary_Diva said:
I was interested in that plot twist of the synopsis, I really do not care if there is no romance between them, I am also interested in a light anime about a school club with two good friends getting along.

You are clearly in the minority, man. The modern CGDCT fandom is more interested in yuri baiting and maximum doses of sugar than in the plot, characters or anything else. This is practically a lesbian equivalent of yaoi fangirls.
RobertBobertJul 26, 2019 4:11 AM
Jul 26, 2019 5:10 AM

Nov 2014
RobertBobert said:
abhutrash said:

Don't listen to fanboys, for which any sugar moment or nakama melodrama is already a yuri subtext.This is a completely generic CGDCT manga, the maximum baiting level of which is "she is cute!".
Aight between those two responses I know exactly what to expect from this lol. Still a maybe for me.
Jul 26, 2019 5:16 AM

Apr 2012
abhutrash said:
RobertBobert said:

Don't listen to fanboys, for which any sugar moment or nakama melodrama is already a yuri subtext.This is a completely generic CGDCT manga, the maximum baiting level of which is "she is cute!".
Aight between those two responses I know exactly what to expect from this lol. Still a maybe for me.

This is typical nakama shit in the context of CGDCT manga. If you like watching for girly romantic friendship, then this is your show.
Jul 26, 2019 6:20 AM
Apr 2019

Rosary_Diva said:

You are clearly in the minority, man. The modern CGDCT fandom is more interested in yuri baiting and maximum doses of sugar than in the plot, characters or anything else. This is practically a lesbian equivalent of yaoi fangirls.

It still seems good to me, I still prefer this to a romantic comedy like any other anime about a shy and irritating boy

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jul 26, 2019 6:55 AM

Nov 2014
CGDCT by Doga Kobo. Mandatory PTW.
Jul 26, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:

It still seems good to me, I still prefer this to a romantic comedy like any other anime about a shy and irritating boy

Good for you. I meant only that in modern fandom it is quite difficult to meet a person who doesn't care about shiping.
Jul 28, 2019 8:41 PM

Jun 2019
Yes!! Another Doga Kobo's CGDCT Anime. I will love it!
Maybe like wataten, Yuri is just comedy after all

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 7 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
9 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.