Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 22, 2019 9:01 PM

Oct 2016
Wow this episode blows chunks. Even if I ignore the horrible animation at times (maybe they're on a budget, it's the story that matters), that whole 'secretly I'm evil because racism' twist was just dumb and stupid and also dumb.
Jul 22, 2019 9:16 PM

Aug 2012
Man the animation was really bad at times during this episode. I guess that's to be expected from Studio Millepensee.
Jul 22, 2019 9:27 PM

Dec 2016
Some pretty interesting things happened, I'm liking how the show keeps scaling it up each episode, the twist with the Chief was kind of random but fuck it right lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 22, 2019 9:35 PM

Feb 2010
good episode, but who the hell was in charge of the animation for this episode??
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 22, 2019 9:52 PM

May 2018
Yes animation sucked this episode.

Also the reason behind the terrorism is really funny. Chief doesn't want no sticking aliens to replace the human race, which is funny because he called the MC racist in episode 1.
Jul 22, 2019 10:06 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was a roller coaster, it was spectacular.
Tilarna VS Elbaji was a very good fight, the first fight was disadvantageous since Tilarna did not have her sword, but still I was surprised how she got rid of Elbaji's guards with that sword she hid.
Elbaji despite being a scumbag, he has an incredible skill with the sword.

Tilarna looked so cute wearing another type of outfit, although I would have preferred something less provocative and when she stumbled it was too adorable, I share the same opinion as Kenny, the priest's bodyguard, Tilarna is cute.

Tilarna's second fight with Elbaji was better and now Tilarna was able to fight accordingly until she killed Elbaji's trash.

It never crossed my mind that the Chief of Kei would be involved, he took me by surprise and also Zerada knew Kei from when the war was. In the end, Kei gets rid of his boss's traitor and thus takes revenge for his partner.
Damn cliffhanger, just when they find the fairy on the helipad, the episode ends.

It is a shame about the low quality of the animation, but in the end nothing to do, just keep watching without crying, hopefully this does not happen again, episode 1 and 2 were very good. I hope that Kei and Tilarna get rid of the old wizard and save the fairy.
Jul 22, 2019 10:25 PM

May 2013
I was like ok, not bad, fine, and when they start fighting..
why..!??
what is this!??
what have I watched!??
they didn't even bother to shake the picture to fake animation
I can't stand watching the fight scene so I just switch the page and pretend I'm listening a drama.
Jul 22, 2019 11:02 PM
Oct 2017
So far I'm really liking this anime. In this episode you can see that they have lowered the quality of animation but it was still very entertaining.
Tilarna fascinates me, at times is childish and capricious but always acts very mature when the situation requires it. I'm liking how the relationship between the two is progressing.
Jul 22, 2019 11:11 PM

Nov 2010
Chimerared said:
This show is like reading/watching the bullet points of an actual story.

Pretty much this. It felt like placeholder sound and animation. We had some blunders in ep 2 already (like when the guy slides down the fire stairs and there are sparks everywhere but there is zero audio for that), but this episode was atrocious. At some parts of the fight they showed what they wanted to do with some flashy swordplay, just to run out of time/animators and finish with still images.
The direction was so bad it felt like they were working of bullet points to create the scenes and without anything to connect these it not only felt rushed in production, but also rushed in terms of the story itself.

I still like the show, but I fear that this is not a one off episode but it will stay this way or get even worse and if my fear comes true I would be very close to drop my favorite show this season.
The biggest negative of episode 1 was some technical blunders (including the iron couch).
Episode 2 confirmed that with some missing sounds and incomplete animation replaced be still images (and the returning iron couch).
Episode 3 made the problems in episode 2 the norm and also failed to connect the story steps.

Really sad to see this go the way of Märchen Mädchen.
zwolf12Jul 22, 2019 11:24 PM
Jul 23, 2019 12:16 AM

Aug 2012
Very good episode.I was a bit disappointed by first two but this is ok. The chief of police is correct in what he says. His means on the other hand are awful. You know what they say: road to hell is paved with good intentions. He is right about the fairies being an invading force simply by the fact that they outlive humans by a lot and unlike elves in witcher they do seem to reproduce plenty at least those that came to earth. So he is correct in 3 generations there will be only semanians and half breeds on earth if things continue. Humans will be like animals in the zoo or like indians in reservations. There are other solutions though like having them wear something to not allow them to use magic. But consider that a little girl with a sword could kill a dozen men with guns and you will realize that the earth has been conquered by them and that the UN and the fairies just agreed to do it gradually. Personally I would have went with an airborne disease to affect just semanians. Would solve the problem by limiting the amount that can survive on earth.
Jul 23, 2019 12:52 AM

Jul 2011
Dirty cop, and yeah there it was... chief itself!

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 23, 2019 1:16 AM

Oct 2017
The fight animation was meh in this epi. I just hope they ruin it now.
Jul 23, 2019 3:26 AM
Jan 2018
in 3 episodes they kill the dude that was using the fairy and they reavel and kill a dirty cop as well thats working for bad group and they are almost close to getting the fairy back .. huh it felt like it would have been the whole season of at least the first 6 episodes .

are they rushing this for some reason
Jul 23, 2019 4:32 AM

May 2012
Great episode

Don't care that much about animation. It looks ok. I did notice some bad drawing, but it did not bother me that much
Jul 23, 2019 4:37 AM

Jan 2017
Many others have eloquently expressed my gripes with this episode and how they could be concerning for the show moving forward even beyond the mediocre animation and at times rough art.

The cliche 'police boss being in on the crime' plot point (I personally didn't see it coming until Kei asked him "Why are you here?" The memories of this being done before immediately all came flooding into my head lol), a throwaway mention of a war in the past that will undoubtedly be dragged back up later (why the hell did Kei ask her if Zelada is dangerous in that elevator at the end of the episode AFTER he remembered that dude wiped out his team in said war? Huh?), and the kind of pacing that allows for two seemingly significant characters to get taken out less than 10 minutes apart all raise red flags. Plus the Chief's motivation was stupid as hell.

I'm also preemptively rolling my eyes at the magic properties that Kei's gun is about to have. I'll give it one more episode because I do truly want to like this.
Mendokusai
Jul 23, 2019 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
the weakness of this show is the animation and pacing..

even tho I like the story
Jul 23, 2019 5:09 AM

Jun 2017
Tilarna is brave....everyone wanted to lewd her lmao.

The way Elbaji had the camera on him after he supposedly "died" tells me he might not have died actually lol.

The police chief dude being a traitor was a pretty solid twist, I legit didn't see that coming. (or I just haven't seen enough cop movies to predict it) He was put down fast at least.

That Zelada plot really came out of nowhere.

Although I thought that the whole series would be about finding that one fairy but they found it already lol.
Jul 23, 2019 6:01 AM

Jul 2017
The American dream is what everyone wants for themselves.

Out of the 3 episodes so far, this is the weakest, animation and story-wise. The animation took a serious hit probably due to mismanagement on how to take series from the start, as in great animation from Episode 1 to bare-bones this episode. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Story-wise, continuing from the illegal fairy situation, the Chief being the messenger is 2nd nature, nothing to be shocked of, and lacks the punch of the 1st 2 episodes, even if set-up means. The young villain is a one-shot character, really?

Hopefully things can pick up pace soon.
Jul 23, 2019 6:22 AM

Apr 2009
Man the episode felt completely rushed. The animation was terrible, art was, poor choreography, still shots yadda yadda. This episode alone made me fearful of what's to come. Story continues to be interesting tho it felt rushed here but dang this was not on the level of the first 2 episodes at all.
DreddJul 23, 2019 6:59 AM
Jul 23, 2019 7:14 AM

Mar 2017
Tilarna was an idiot for going after Dennis without help. Well Matoba made it in time.
Also I don't think Dennis is dead yet.
And the chief was betraying them all along huh.
Jul 23, 2019 7:23 AM

Feb 2014
Man, Tilarna is so cute
Jul 23, 2019 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
Jesus man that animation sucked
Jul 23, 2019 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
To manga readers - did the still shots look like the corresponding panels in the manga?
Jul 23, 2019 9:07 AM

Aug 2008
I like the show, plot is fine but holly shit, this episode was a disaster when it comes to animation and models. It was a slideshow with such horrid low quality. Not only there was little to no movement, models and backgrounds looked like they were in the lowest resolution possible to make. It's awful to see a decent story ruined by an incompetent studio. For fucks sake, it looks so bad it can actually cause physical pain... I wonder if I'll even watch the next episode, one week might not be enough to get over this piece of shit experience.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 23, 2019 9:08 AM
May 2017
big downgrade from ep. 1 to this holy fuck.
i liked the story and shit, but it felt rushed af. Like, it's missing at least 1 more episode, i dunno.
Jul 23, 2019 9:24 AM

Aug 2018
hopefully the plot (which is good so far) can carry the show show, cause the animation won't
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 23, 2019 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
Even tho this episode is a bit underwhelmed (and felt rushed) compared to ep 1 & 2, this series is surprisingly fun.

Til is an absolute cutie.

Really looking forward for upcoming episodes.
Jul 23, 2019 10:02 AM

Feb 2011
what the hell happened with the direction this week ? the use of still shots made no sense whatsoever, i've never really seen them used in such an abrupt way that brutally breaks the fluidity of scenes
Jul 23, 2019 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
Very entertaining episode until the last 7/8 minutes. I don't know... the plot-twist of Roth being a traitor all along (and a rather cliche one, by the way) and Kei knowing Zelada from beforehand felt out of place and rushed. Such a shame since I really liked how the pacing was being handled during the first two episodes.

The animation and some frames looked quite poor as well but as many others have said, I hope this drop in quality is just a one episode thing.

Anyways, I guess this mini arc will conclude in the next episode. That said, I just hope it ends in a satisfactory note.
Jul 23, 2019 10:14 AM
Dec 2011
Wow,
Here I go posting my first reply on a forum in years for this episode.

To be honest, I can't say I care all that much about the animation quality or choreography. It's only the 3rd episode so I will just optimistically assume that they were saving budget for later episodes.

On the other hand, the pacing and some of the developements were absolute shit show.
I can understand Tilarna's reasoning when she got inpatient and tried to find the fairy all by herself but why the hell did she left her sword behind? I would understand if she tried to hide her identity by not carrying a sword but then why the hell did she told Dennis that she is a Knight as soon as she learned who he was? Makes no sense at all.
As many stated before, the Chief twist was a cliche, although I didn't see it coming. Then why the hell did he not accept Tilarna's request of having someone else as a partner if the knew that Matoba was really good? Did he decide that Matoba would look into this case anyway so he tried to slow him down with Tilarna? Well that didn't work out at all, did it? Considering how helpful Tilarna have been at noticing latena stuff. But I find it believable because he probably doesn't understand latena stuff enough to realize that would be the case.
An object (in this case, the sword) saving a characters (Tilarna's) life from a gun or knife is probably the most cliche thing ever. With all that magic and stuff couldn't you come up with a better way to do this? Not to mention, those are definitely not the movements you would expect from someone who didn't hit by the bullet.
Btw, what was that dialogue between Matoba and the dying Chief? With literally zero emotional build up Matoba nonchalantly states that he saw the Chief as a father figure and the Chief says "Oh, yeah? Soz." Really? If you are gonna go for the cliche at least do fcking it right. Show that Matoba is sad for killing this "father figure" and the Chief regreting the thing he has done (maybe not the bomb thing but how he got Matoba's former partner killed and stuff).
That reveal with the Sorcerer (or Magician or whatever) is also really cliche and forced. OK, there was a brief mention of a war but nothing about a unit being whipped out. What is this random shit? Just build this stuff up then reveal.
And lastly, that "an object used for a long time has magic" stuff is another asspull cliche.
Tilarna
-He is using magic, your weapons are no match.
Matoba
-Even this 9mm standard police gun that cannot even properly kill one of his puppets?
Tilarna
-Oh that would work.
FUCK YOU!! Enough of this shit already. It was already stupid in Digimon Adventures 02.

Anyways, I'm still hoping that this episode was rushed in order to save resources for upcoming episodes so I will keep watching. But it still is a shame to have such an episode after how promising the first two were.

EDIT: Apparently I wrote a novel
Jul 23, 2019 11:34 AM
Sep 2018
WordIsBond said:
Also, it's good that the old man turned out to be the one who wiped out Kei's entire unit in the war but maybe it would have had more impact if it were revealed before hand that his entire unit was wiped out by a single man or that he even fought in the war. Maybe have him mention serving in the war but not wanting to talk about it. This is part of the reason why it feels rushed, it kind of just threw a bunch of stuff at you with no build up.

They did tell us about it, when Kei went on the boat to pick up Tilarna. The captain asks him if he ever went to their world, and he responds with something along the lines of "Yes, I was in the military. I didn't see the gate though, because we were in a transport plane."

From that, we can tell that there was a war (presumably between the two worlds), Kei was deployed over there, and that something probably happened that made him not want to talk about it.

However, the only reason I remember that was because I started watching the show two days ago. Also, no hint at any tragic event except for vague foreshadowing which only made sense in hindsight. As everyone else already said, this could have been an interesting reveal if they got the buildup and pacing right.

I hope the show manages to recover, because the first two episodes looked really promising.
Jul 23, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
Not a bad episode but why rush so much? If this show pulls a Knight & Magic I'd be pretty pissed because I love it so far.
Jul 23, 2019 2:49 PM

Nov 2014
Terrible and rushed episode but still better than anything from OPM Season 2.

If the next episode is equally crap then definitely dropping it.
Jul 23, 2019 3:54 PM

Dec 2008
The show went from "promising" to "garbage truck on fire" in one episode! Production, pacing, scene composition, everything went down the shitter. If the next episode won't come back to form, than it's a solid drop.
Jul 23, 2019 4:50 PM
Jul 2019
Stereotype
arabic person= Terrorist

This is a painful racism
Jul 23, 2019 4:56 PM

Jun 2016
The captain really stayed behind to get himself kill, he should've left with the guy in red dress. SMH
Jul 23, 2019 4:58 PM

Jun 2016
Hhguf said:
Stereotype
arabic person= Terrorist

This is a painful racism

I didn't even realize that while I was watching it. Damn
Jul 23, 2019 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
Hallelujah brother. Kenny understands.

Anyway, this episode got hit hard. Couldn't really tell what was even going on during the fights, and the pacing felt off, and suddenly there's backstory... just felt off, hope next episode is an improvement over this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 23, 2019 8:40 PM

Feb 2016
Wow, the quality drop for this episode is pretty severe. I'd honestly like to know what happened here. The first 2 episode were fine and were building things up nicely. Did the studio find out they had less episodes and/or budget to work with than they originally thought or something? Really hope it's just a one time thing but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that.
Jul 23, 2019 10:24 PM
Jan 2019
I love this anime, but I think they should put a little more effort into the action scenes, otherwise, all very well.
Wow! We are just going through episode 3 and the criminal case has already had a sudden turn. I didn't imagine that Kei's boss was involved in all this. Poor Kei, what a low blow he received from someone he considered his father.
Now, regarding the villains. I don't think the guy Tilarna cut with his sword is dead, since that bastard appears in the opening, but I hope he is really dead so he doesn't cause any more problems. And regarding Zelada, he has a connection with Matoba, as he mentioned, in the war, but what war? I am intrigued. This anime continues to increase my interest. Hopefully it goes on like this.

Psdt: Tilarna looked very pretty with that dress: 3. She is one of those cute characters that you shouldn't underestimate if you don't want to die. It's rough and great 😁👌.
Jul 24, 2019 12:04 AM
Feb 2009
everything else was fine except the animation of the fights
Jul 24, 2019 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
Lololol. It's amazing how the quality of this show tanked after just 2 episodes.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 24, 2019 1:14 AM

Mar 2009
Is everything okay with episode threes this season? First Maou-sama Retry, and now this. This episode was horrible. Almost felt like a completely different show.
Jul 24, 2019 6:24 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah the animations this episode kinda hurts my brain a little bit.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 24, 2019 8:08 AM

May 2015
my man just floatin above the rock nd shit

this episode has made me lose a little hope in this series, the animation was awful, and the fights were bad. Also, I felt like the voice acting was worse than usual too, unless it's been bad the whole time and I've only just noticed it.

Also didn't need the cliche of the head cop working with the bad guys, it was just disappointing as a whole. I hope episode 4 can redeem this in someway. Not gonna drop it though, I hardly drop shows. I just hope it can get better.
Jul 24, 2019 11:09 AM
Oct 2011
papsoshea said:
I like the idea of Roth being a villain, his motivation is packed with potential - lots of themes to delve into where he is conspiring to pit mankind against Semaani, in fear that the current relationship of the two only serves Semaani - they will slowly take over Earth. But, Roth reveals his hand this early and dies. Hopefully, we can see that potential with Zelada.

Yeah, details on the motivation were interesting too, to where I could see a villain falling into that trap. Like his line about their vitality and how he even mentions that it may not even be intentional but it'll still happen, with his line about how they don't even know they're doing it.
It was also interesting and I love the irony of how it's going to turn out very differently than he intended in that he said he purposefully paired him with the relatively inexperienced Tilarna in order to slow him down, however since we're following them in the end their partnership is clearly going to be a big key to solving a lot of mysteries and crimes and showing us the potential of cooperation between both worlds.

WolfDBreidi said:
I love this anime, but I think they should put a little more effort into the action scenes, otherwise, all very well.
Wow! We are just going through episode 3 and the criminal case has already had a sudden turn. I didn't imagine that Kei's boss was involved in all this. Poor Kei, what a low blow he received from someone he considered his father.
Now, regarding the villains. I don't think the guy Tilarna cut with his sword is dead, since that bastard appears in the opening, but I hope he is really dead so he doesn't cause any more problems. And regarding Zelada, he has a connection with Matoba, as he mentioned, in the war, but what war? I am intrigued. This anime continues to increase my interest. Hopefully it goes on like this.

Psdt: Tilarna looked very pretty with that dress: 3. She is one of those cute characters that you shouldn't underestimate if you don't want to die. It's rough and great 😁👌.

Yup, I still really enjoyed that ep.
The first two were pretty good with that though so I think it's kinda crazy some might give up on a good show for some extra stills all of a sudden this time.
I liked the extra touch to the betrayal where Kei was especially disappointed in the chief since he thought of him like a father.

Yeah she did (there was still some quite nice art despite some more stills than I would have liked) and I agree, don't underestimate her :)
DangerMouseDMJul 24, 2019 10:48 PM
Jul 24, 2019 11:12 AM
Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
Another thrilling episode of action and suspense. Tilarna's fighting skills are actually better than I had expected. Hell, the way she fought with a sword is quite impressive.

Yeah.

lihle808 said:
Glad Tilarna is back with Kei!

I think there is a story there between Zelda and Kei, I can't wait to find out what its is! Finally they've found the creature, she looks interesting.

Same here.
Yeah, I'm very curious about that.

Coxphire said:

Yep. Weird way to invest us in Kei's recollections of his time in the military.

I thought it was a pretty good tease actually that he was in it and that it's not just a background detail and so I guess we might learn more about later and the way it came out kind of fitting for his character when he didn't want to talk about it afterward when Tilarna asked. Which is probably why we haven't really heard about it yet.
DangerMouseDMJul 24, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 24, 2019 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
ah cool to see I was not the one who thought something was wrong with the animation on this episode. I literally thought my vlc lagged and it happened 2-3 times already. Kinda really worried about the future episodes already by now.. don't want to drop this late.

Also the plot slightly jumped the shark imo. Last episode dedicated too much time the terrifying villain power but here on this episode we didn't get to see much and got down quite easily. The betrayal twist makes sense and was potentially interesting but damn he died way quick and came out as one dimensional to stretch this arc.
Jul 24, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2014
What a lovely slideshow.
Jul 24, 2019 2:48 PM

Aug 2015
Wow this episode single-handedly undid everything the show had going for it.

I haven't seen animation this bad since Gangsta literally ran out of money.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.