A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 2019 11:58 PM

Aug 2018
Preachee said:
Lightstone said:
The actual rating system according to me is the scale from 1 to 10.
1/10
2/10
3/10
4/10
5/10
6/10
7/10
8/10
9/10
10/10
11/10(O o... but my scale leaks sometimes XD)

Lmao wtf, now I'm lost. I think we are saying different things and kinda misunderstanding a little bit here.
That said, I think you should read how my rating system works if you ever cared (tho even if you don't, you should read to get why my score is 4).

But long story short, yea that's mine too I guess... But as you said it though, "actual system" doesn't exist, and these numbers can represent different thoughts, ideas, and affections of each person. I mean, that's what I was trying to say at least.
So will you ever give a 10 to any anime?

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 23, 2019 12:16 AM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

Lmao wtf, now I'm lost. I think we are saying different things and kinda misunderstanding a little bit here.
That said, I think you should read how my rating system works if you ever cared (tho even if you don't, you should read to get why my score is 4).

But long story short, yea that's mine too I guess... But as you said it though, "actual system" doesn't exist, and these numbers can represent different thoughts, ideas, and affections of each person. I mean, that's what I was trying to say at least.

If you have carefully looked into my list, I in fact had given a 10 already. I gave it to Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion. As I said, my system is also from 1 to 10, why wouldn't I utilize everything that is rendered? But again, that's how my system works. I only give 10 to a very few that really means a lot to me in many ways. In terms of movies (on Letterboxd), I have watched way more than the total amount of anime I had rn, and so I have multiple 10s. I don't care how many 10s I would need to give, as long as I feel it is worthy.

Btw, ur right, if I haven't encountered any anime that I felt the need to grant a 10, then I would probably have no 10. By far, I believe NGE: EoE is the only worthy material.
. . .
Jul 23, 2019 12:28 AM

Aug 2018
Preachee said:
Lightstone said:

If you have carefully looked into my list, I in fact had given a 10 already. I gave it to Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion. As I said, my system is also from 1 to 10, why wouldn't I utilize everything that is rendered? But again, that's how my system works. I only give 10 to a very few that really means a lot to me in many ways. In terms of movies (on Letterboxd), I have watched way more than the total amount of anime I had rn, and so I have multiple 10s. I don't care how many 10s I would need to give, as long as I feel it is worthy.
I just checked your 10 of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I don't think it will be great that much (It's not my calculation it's only a guess.) Your are from the 20th century and I will say I have seen many stupid people from the 20th century (I am myself from 20th century XD) who rate very low to new shows just because they have the old taste.
So the final thing I want to say is if you want to prove yourself "right" and prove me wrong (about what I said earlier, "I have seen many stupid people from the 20th century who rate very low to new shows just because they have the old taste")
then try to hate these animes, "Monster" and "Legend of the Galactic heroes". (Unfortunately you will lose the challenge, remember, losing this challenge means you are good not the bad but you have to learn some more)
H_LightstoneJul 23, 2019 12:38 AM

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 23, 2019 12:50 AM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

I just checked your 10 of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I don't think it will be great that much (It's not my calculation it's only a guess.) Your are from the 20th century and I will say I have seen many stupid people from the 20th century (I am myself from 20th century XD) who rate very low to new shows just because they have the old taste.
So the final thing I want to say is if you want to prove yourself "right" and prove me wrong (about what I said earlier, "I have seen many stupid people from the 20th century who rate very low to new shows just because they have the old taste")
then try to hate these animes, "Monster" and "Legend of the Galactic heroes".

Ok where's that humble and fun tone of yours gone, I thought we were just doing so well smfh. All of sudden you just become one of those egotistical mfs, I'm so disappointed *longest sigh*.

I prove myself "right" huh? Could you tell me where please? All I was doing is giving my viewpoints on respecting others differences, and here you are, talking some lame shid out of nowhere my dear. God, I don't even know where to begin lmao. Right, I only "try to prove" you wrong when you said "hey ur wrong coz yo score 4" (or if you really mean it because I just can't understand what you said due to grammatical issues) like seriously dude? What you on rn? Therefore, I want each other of us to respect our differences first before moving on to any further discussion but you can't seem to understand such simple concept can't you?

And about the claim that you who don't even know anything about me say so naively "I have seen many stupid people from the 20th century who rate very low to new shows just because they have the old taste")
then try to hate these animes, "Monster" and "Legend of the Galactic heroes", are you trolling? You have zero grounds for your points and mouthing the hell of based on your whim, I think that's not a very clever move to do tho. If you LOOK again before "jumping too quick into conclusions" my fellow, you will see so many anime I gave so frickin high in the modern age. Again, why are your points so weak? You can't even construct a legitimate proof, and talking like you know everything... 20th century people huh? I honestly have no idea how and what makes you come up with that. But tho I still wanna ask, where did you get this "you hate 21st century anime"? If I hate this medium I would have ranted sometimes about it. Unfortunately, I have never complained about anime industry so sorry I guess. If I do not favor modern anime as what you said so clearly and so confidently, I would have not watched them so much, so please use a bit of logic before claiming too much but leaves so little.

I also want to say, you never, ever, have a proper argument. You can't even explain any of your ideas in any extent. Don't argue with people if you don't even know how to make a proper point.

And one more thing, "stupid" is a very stupid word you know. Calling me stupid digs you down so low into the hole of dickhead attitude and I-have-no-reasonable-or-valid-accounts-to-debate. Don't be too supercilious and think you are superior, *smirk a little bit* how you know ur so smart my boy?

Anw, thank you (should I say) for taking your time.

Edit: haha that's cute how you guess a show isn't that great. What kind of come back to desperately lower my points is that? Your points are leg-less. I'm out.
PreacheeJul 23, 2019 1:05 AM
. . .
Jul 23, 2019 3:01 AM

Aug 2018
Preachee said:
Lightstone said:
then try to hate these animes, "Monster" and "Legend of the Galactic heroes". (Unfortunately you will lose the challenge, remember, losing this challenge means you are good not the bad but you have to learn some more)

Ok where's that humble and fun tone of yours gone, I thought we were just doing so well smfh. All of sudden you just become one of those egotistical mfs, I'm so disappointed *longest sigh*.
You are so quick in replay, you didn't even read my edit. Just read my last part in braces.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 23, 2019 3:13 AM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

You are so quick in replay, you didn't even read my edit. Just read my last part in braces.

First of all, don't ignore my reply, you didn't answer me with my entire comment. Don't cut short my reply to conveniently answer for yourself.

Secondly, right so to you I lose, I have learnt such great and priceless lesson from the mighty you. Clearly that could only happen if only you ever say anything properly. Just say some vague things and in case I said you have no legs for your points then you would grandiosely say I could not understand is not valid.

Now tell me, my whole long comments from the beginning, how much have you replied? And why is there a win or lose from this conversation? I think we can discuss easier if you remain a bit more consistent and modest, but whatever.
. . .
Jul 23, 2019 3:23 AM

Aug 2018
Preachee said:
Lightstone said:

First of all, don't ignore my reply, you didn't answer me with my entire comment. Don't cut short my reply to conveniently answer for yourself.

Secondly, right so to you I lose, I have learnt such great and priceless lesson from the mighty you. Clearly that could only happen if only you ever say anything properly. Just say some vague things and in case I said you have no legs for your points then you would grandiosely say I could not understand is not valid.

Now tell me, my whole long comments from the beginning, how much have you replied? And why is there a win or lose from this conversation? I think we can discuss easier if you remain a bit more consistent and modest, but whatever.
You take everything wrong in your head, cutting your replay short doesn't mean that I ignored the rest of your struggle.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 23, 2019 3:26 AM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

You take everything wrong in your head, cutting your replay short doesn't mean that I ignored the rest of your struggle.

Hahaha lol, now that's some egotistical attitude I want to see. Yes thank you for the salt. Can you please, my mighty user, state for me my wrong thinkings to this utterly stupid me? Because all I see is a person avoids actual debates, and thinks "oh ur wrong coz ur wrong". You seriously need to revise your comments man. How bout we take this a bit more personal, by messaging each other since we are not on the topic of this thread anymore?
. . .
Jul 23, 2019 10:39 PM

Aug 2018
Preachee said:
Lightstone said:

Hahaha lol, now that's some egotistical attitude I want to see. Yes thank you for the salt. Can you please, my mighty user, state for me my wrong thinkings to this utterly stupid me? Because all I see is a person avoids actual debates, and thinks "oh ur wrong coz ur wrong". You seriously need to revise your comments man. How bout we take this a bit more personal, by messaging each other since we are not on the topic of this thread anymore?
Ok :Dabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 24, 2019 6:14 AM
Feb 2017
This thread should be locked or something. The OP was clearly just looking for an argument and now it's become something completely different between two dudes who don't know when to give up lmao.
Jul 24, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2019
This thread has turned into a shouting match, but I wanted to share my opinion on KnK and whether or not I think it is overrated before the thread gets locked:

I heard about this movie after watching Your Name, and I what I got was not nearly what I was expecting. I hadn’t read the manga, so I came into this movie blind. Here’s some of my issues with it:
- The animation. This is just a personal preference, but I did not like the animation style. The character art was fine: my problem lies with the cinematography, lighting, and backgrounds. The camera placement was awkward and I never felt like the cinematography added anything to the film. It just was... there. The backgrounds were bland and dull, all shades of brown, white, and gray. But the lighting was the worst part: blindingly white and almost hard to look at. Shading was minimal, and some scenes were way over-lit, to the point that it strained my eyes.
- The pacing. This is usually why I don’t like movies adapted from novels or manga; compressing a full story into a 120-minute runtime is hard and often leads to rushed (or nonexistent) characterization, inconsistent pacing, and incomplete plot. The last hour, in particular, felt rushed and scenes flowed into the next with little buildup or relation.
- The characters. Though I could write paragraphs about this, I’ll keep it simple: not enough characterization happens on Shoko’s part, and this results in a relationship between the main characters that feels incomplete and not very genuine. Throughout the movie, characters make unexpected decisions, with little justification due to removal of important details. Almost all of the supporting characters are one dimensional, and only appear for plot reasons. Also, some of them serve no clear purpose in the story, and only seem to exist as a byproduct of the adaption process.

Also, since everyone here is bashing on Your Name:
- Isn’t it ironic that people here complain about the oversimplification of KnK by the OP and others, and then oversimplify Your Name in their comparison?
- These movies are completely different in their tone, genre, and message, and so comparison will only result in strawmanning and subjective reasoning which will get nowhere.

A film should be able to stand on its own. If it relies on an external medium like a novel or manga to make sense or be good, then it’s not a good film. I really wanted to like this film (and I’m glad other people enjoyed it). But it just wasn’t enjoyable for me.

On a side note: threads about how overrated something is are only going to lead to shouting matches. We get it, some people liked this, some people didn’t. It’s not overrated because some people didn’t enjoy it, though I personally wish movies I enjoyed (like Spirited Away) were rated higher than this.

Criticism is cheap. There are flaws in everything. No work of art will be loved by everyone. Now can everyone just chill?
Jul 25, 2019 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
oh yes, reunite those bullies again, what a brilliant idea.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2019 6:33 PM

Dec 2018
Rinku_Kun said:
This thread should be locked or something. The OP was clearly just looking for an argument and now it's become something completely different between two dudes who don't know when to give up lmao.

Yea ur right, sorry for all the fuss, it shouldn't have happened. I was kinda into the heated debate a little too much and forgot about the main topic, so yes my fault.
. . .
Jul 28, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
> The way the plot goes is pretty unbelievable

Partially agree, no comment

> the male mc is annoying and deserves all the guilt placed upon him

I don’t agree that he deserves all the guilt, as the movie didn’t show clearly that Ishida was in fact not the first person to bully Nishimiya, and at first he wanted to jokingly warn Nishimiya that she was being hated by many of the classmates (as Nishimiya caused “troubles” in the class by, for example, ruining the singing competition, forcing the class to learn hand language, causing her nearby classmates unable to follow the class as they were supposed to help Nishimiya when she needed, etc. You can say her classmates are too selfish, but that’s how the society works.) by, for example, writing words on blackboard. But he failed as Nishimiya was, um, too yasashi? You can see Nishimiya always smiling even at harsh times when she was supposed to be angry or feared. That’s why he then exaggeratedly plays on Nishimiya and caused the whole trouble. Furthermore, like Ishida said during the class, the whole class helps the bullying, but only Ishida bear the responsibility, which is not fair at all.

> her falling in love with him is extremely unrealistic and stupid.

It is stupid, but not that unrealistic, as it may be a result of Stockholm syndrome. Like what I previously said, Nishimiya only knew how to smile in most of the show, even when she was being bullied or scolded. This clearly shows that she has a severe mental problem. I’m not an expert in mental health, so I can’t elaborate more.

> Now explain why people like this, please?
> ( and yes I read the manga and watched the movie )

People like it for many reasons, maybe because they share the feelings of certain characters, or they understand the huge struggle for hearing impaired, or they like the direction/art/music of the movie, or they like Nishimiya as she is kawaii and waifuable (I don’t disagree).

Yes, Koe no Katachi has flaws, especially in the plot and second half’s characterization. The problem is even enlarged in the movie as the whole 8 volumes of manga is condensed into a 2 hour movie. But imo this is still a good approach towards school bullying and mental problems. I’ve never see an anime that tries to depict the dark side of children and youths in such an exquisite way. So I really hope that there can be more shows like Koe no Katachi so that this issue can be more discussed and raise people’s attention towards it.
cities516Jul 28, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 31, 2019 6:23 PM
Mar 2019
Rham said:
The way the plot goes is pretty unbelievable, the male mc is annoying and deserves all the guilt placed upon him, her falling in love with him is extremely unrealistic and stupid.
Now explain why people like this, please?
( and yes I read the manga and watched the movie )

No one can explain this to you if you’re being so vague you wanna tell us why you think the MC deserves everything that’s coming to him. You wanna tell us why you think the deaf girl is stupid and weak.
Jul 31, 2019 6:44 PM

Jul 2019
so Redemption is not an option now? guess gotta hold my rope and tight my neck for my literally childish mistakes.

and what's wrong for falling for an elementary classmate who was the first to make up for bullying you in elementary school, and change for you and takecare for you?

geez, guess i gotta go find mr perfect from day 0 who would probably never care.
Jul 31, 2019 9:17 PM
Jul 2017
I wouldn't say it's stupid but nothing special about it overall.
Aug 2, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2017
ZJude said:
nothing special about it

What a cliché. I've seen people say this about every anime ever.
Aug 2, 2019 5:38 PM
Jul 2017
Zoldra0 said:
ZJude said:
nothing special about it

What a cliché. I've seen people say this about every anime ever.
Because welcome to the planet Earth when everyone got different tastes and opinions.
Aug 6, 2019 9:26 AM

Sep 2016
I haven't really read any of the extensive replies here because I can't be bothered, but I will share my thoughts.

The anime isn't about voice in a literal sense. It's about a character that changes, a character that copes with their past and faces new challenges in life. It's more about your actions and how they affect people, as well as how they affect you. The whole journey from being a little shithead to a person who tries to fix everything they did in the past is interesting alone, and I find it really fulfilling that some characters changed and let go of their prejudices (even if only a little). And the seeling point for me was the mc opening himself to the world at the end, that is after being used (?) and betrayed by his former half-assed friends.

The reality is that everyone is a dick, the end.
Aug 6, 2019 10:57 AM

Aug 2017
Well I mean just because the majority liked it doesn't mean that everyone else has to like it either. Better to just move, no need to force yourself to like it.
Aug 9, 2019 6:18 PM
Mar 2016
Congintive said:
At-least it's hundred times better than Kimi no nawa.

Well in kimi no na wa the main character get the girl and they ended up together while Koe no katachi it didn't... most of the people look at that reason and if you don't believe me go and check to the manga Finale discussion were the people are upset about that and I don't blame them since they are cute together but the people hate when the things go just friendship and it's really bothers me to be honest but still great movie.
Aug 23, 2019 2:21 AM

Dec 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
You couldn't find a single thing that's good about it? Not even the animation or music?

sound or animation is quallity enchanter when the anime/movies has shitty plot and retarded by its own.

it can all go to the toilet, good plot is 8-9/10
if they also make the music Excelent its 10/10
animation is a bonus.

Aug 23, 2019 2:25 AM

Dec 2015
Yinuki said:
Watch it again, more feels. A deaf girl who want to make friend with him who sometimes pretend to be a good boy with her.

a deaf girl trying to be a friend with the one who made her school life a nightmare?
yeahhhhhhhh, sureee.

btw i had deaf guy in my school years, and do you know how expensive the hearing devices are?

like no school ever would want to take responsibility for it ever breaking so punishing someone who bully deaf guy/girl is very likely.

not to mention, bullying toward girl, By guys?
is Very very new to me, not to mention She is cute
also -1 to the realistic factor.

sure if she was a half ogre girl, that look like a goblin i would have said yeah maybe.

what next?
again the guy who was making her life missarable and leaved all those scars on her, triyng to be her friend.
?maybe? buy why would she ever accept him, he legit deserves toDIE from her point of view and should never ever be forgiven it doesnt matter that they were in school, he was a pathetic excuse for a human being, that doesnt deserve anything good.
Not from her, not ever.
Sep 3, 2019 7:33 PM

May 2014
Lmao okay but your favorite anime is Black Butler. Fuck off
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Sep 10, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2017
I'm surprised people are so hung up over her befriending the people who bullied her. It's actually refreshing from my own experience, it clears the air. Being half deaf I can actually relate to her, having people yelling in your ears, having to explain you can hear but you can't hear. Most people have treated people in an ill matter even if they don't believe so. Even if the movie isn't perfect, it's an anime; You can't shove in multiple fleshed characters in a movie length. Though this movie in an approximately 6 episode length, it did a better job portraying these characters as people you can think about in your life; in animes that take 12-24 episodes around a single character.
Nov 9, 2020 3:31 PM

May 2017
Rham said:
The way the plot goes is pretty unbelievable, the male mc is annoying and deserves all the guilt placed upon him, her falling in love with him is extremely unrealistic and stupid.

So a middle schooler who bullied a deaf girl but later regrets it and tries to make amends should be forever guilty and kill himself? WTF kind of reasoning is that? I guess it's time to call Hell Girl?
Jan 12, 2021 2:34 AM
Dec 2017
Some people have no empathy, and they don't understand what it's like being bullied at a ghetto school.

If you've never been bullied, then you don't understand what it's like when the world is against you. This movie is very black and white. It's hard to believe anyone would side against the death cute girl. Which is true, in real life beautiful people are rarely bullied. Bullies are more like the majority of the class is against you, and usually for something you cannot control.

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXyH08SF74A&ab_channel=TYTSports

^^This black kid, just like the blind girl, has the entire nation on his side. Those white kid's lives are destroyed forever as racist scumbags. However, what if it is mexican kids beating up the mixed race black kid(my real life case). There is almost nothing you can do. Just submit and they will hurt you less. The teachers, parents, and police don't do jack shit. Most bullies aren't dumb enough to film their crimes. Most bullies will steal your phone and/or destroy it for fun.
Jan 12, 2021 4:20 AM
Oct 2019
I'm with you bro..
Bullying and all doesn't make me cry 😥
Such a terrible being I am
Jan 12, 2021 4:26 AM

Aug 2020
I haven't watched the entirety of the film but mostly scenes and it feels like the main character girls only trait is that she's deaf
Jan 12, 2021 5:51 PM
Sep 2019
Yeah you're the only one
Jan 18, 2021 7:37 AM
May 2018
KuroGFX said:
I haven't watched the entirety of the film but mostly scenes and it feels like the main character girls only trait is that she's deaf

Absolutely not. Don't just swallow what you read in reviews, buddy. That's literally one of the first lines of the top review (which is retarded as hell, it's completely out of touch). The simple fact that it calls Shouko a "marie-sue" just shows the stupidity of the entire review... A "mary-sue" is a super powerful girl. This has strictly nothing to do with Shouko or Koe no Katachi...

Anyway, you should just watch the entire movie, it's only 2 hours (if you don't like it, it's not that much time lost, lol).

But if you want a straight answer: Shouko is absolutely not "just a deaf girl".
She's a quiet girl who feels guilty because she slows down everything and everyone around her.
She tries to compensate for it by being as nice as she can, even when she shouldn't.
Through the movie, she learns to show her honest feelings, because she realizes hiding them can hurt others just as much as displaying them (probably even more).
Also, she hates Shouya for everything he did to her, but decides to forgive him because he clearly has remorses.
She has a mother and a sister. Her mom tries to force her to be "stronger", to stop the bullying but also to help Shouko live a normal life. Her sister, on the contrary, protects her as much of she can because she knows Shouko cannot get stronger.

There's really much more to the character than her being deaf. But I'll remind you this: deafness is a permanent condition, so of course it plays a major role in her life (hence in the story). She's absolutely not defined only by her deafness, but she has to live every second of her life with it, so it affects a lot of the events.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Jan 19, 2021 6:54 AM
Mar 2020
I've harshly bullied a lot of people in elementary and middle school, it resonates me with a little. Makes me wonder how different choices I'd make then might make me end up with a few real people today
Feb 6, 2021 9:20 AM
Jan 2021
Undoubtedly,yes you are one of the handpicked that don't like the movie
Feb 7, 2021 3:04 AM
Feb 2021
no, it's just you, this anime is really great imo
Feb 19, 2021 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
Rham said:
see if you didn't like it it's completely fine you got your own taste but if you didn't get it or something along those lines doesn't mean it's a bad movie objectively. I mean I can't understand if it's rated high why you have a problem from other rating it high. Like it's their opinion. You can rate it 1 tbh and I still won't care so I think you shouldn't care as well. Hopefully you get that
Feb 21, 2021 7:45 PM
Dec 2017
Rham said:
But you give your name which lacks character development and is filled with plot holes a 10? It's obvious that you love the edge and can't understand a simple thing as to what A Silent Voice is trying to convay. Seriously, trying to make poeple like you understand will be like speaking to a brick wall. Imagine thinking it's cool to hate on anything that is popular or successful. You clearly don't have a mature mind to handle topics in this movie. In simple terms, grow up
Feb 22, 2021 12:48 PM
Jan 2021
Rham said:

That's easy, I noticed that in the anime/manga community a lot of people try to find reasons to sympathise more with the bullies than the victims... And that's why I think they made the victim seem hollow and made the abuser more sympathetic... Note the majority or people's reasoning is either "because he was a kid" or " it shows growth (the most and lamest excuse used in anime)"... I have one partially deaf brother and a full deaf and mute cousin, plus know a lot of people in the that community (my school had a special section for them), been suffering from depression for over 30 years now (due to physical and psychological abuse) and there is 0% about the movie's depiction that makes any sense at all... People claiming it's realistic are both lying and never met any person suffering from it (I'm sure they met depressed people, but definitely dismissed them as everything else but suffering from mental issues)... And reading some of the replies that's clearly obvious...
Feb 24, 2021 5:46 PM
Oct 2014
Rham said:
her falling in love with him is extremely unrealistic and stupid.
Idk man. Girls in hentai really seem to like getting raped
Feb 26, 2021 10:28 PM
Feb 2021
You Actually Garbage
Mar 20, 2021 3:26 PM

May 2014
Rham said:
ZSTGL_IMA said:

Because people have different tastes?

Obviously. So I want someone who likes this anime to explain why this anime is good in their opinion because I can’t find one good thing about this.

It's pretty simple. I can only speak for myself, but I found it quite interesting how a bully almost killed himself, later on, find the victim he bullied in his childhood. It also makes sense he wants to make up with her. I feel like he did something good and the bond they made by just doing simple things as feeding birds together.

I know it's hard to understand why a person would want to take suicide when you don't feel the same. I think suicide is a serious topic since I have known people who have chosen that path. In a very unrealistic way, this movie sheds light on that topic. I think they did a good job with the plot, though as said very unrealistic. Then again, anime is mostly unrealistic, but they were able to make a great plot and character development throughout the movie.

It also gave me an after-taste about the topic of suicide and how simple life can be. Amazing how with such simple tasks you can save a person from taking their own life and ease their pain. I felt this movie told us that in a very indirect way.

With that said, I think I have said more than enough to make you understand why a person like me (very open-minded to movies) would like this particular movie. :)
Mar 20, 2021 3:30 PM

Sep 2018
I fully agre with you. The romance does seem very baseless.
Mar 25, 2021 1:01 AM

Aug 2020
Akerakai said:
Him falling in love with her and her falling in love with him makes perfect sense and the process that led to those romantic feels was showcased greatly

I kinda disagree with this comment Before, but i now i realize after rewatching it. The MC got what we call "Karma" , he even trying to end his life at bridge, he even trying to learn hand signs for apologizing to Nishimiya, trying so hard so Nishimiya to smile again.

So i started to understand why the MC started to gain feeling towards Nishimiya, both trying to end their life, both suffer from bullies (Although Nishimiya got the worst), both try to forget the past and move on, so if their to love each other I wouldn't be surprised.

And about the other guy comment saying that she is weak, have u ever seen from people who got bullied Perspective? Or people who got disability and got bullied Perspective? this show how inhuman you are , u got zero sympathy towards humanity :v

vade retro Satana
戻って、サタン

Jun 29, 2021 7:23 PM
Dec 2017
no you're not the only who thinks this movie and just serise in general is cancer.

Jul 4, 2021 7:18 PM
Jul 2021
The OP of this post sounds just like the bullies in the movie.
Jul 4, 2021 8:01 PM
Jul 2021
Different people have different perspectives with regards to hating a movie because of the difference of experiences. Honestly, it resonates to me, especially how you say sorry every time you made a mistake of how you felt you wanna die because you felt alone in the world and out cast hence you see yourself as a burden and loneliness is hard especially when you think you are a burden to others. I think this movie shows a perspective of what is happening and how bullying is not committed by a single individual but its a systematic factor its not just one persons fault but its also the people who tolerate this behaviour. Futhermore it talks about redemption hence romance is not a general theme at all. Its acceptance and forgiveness of oneself and others. But i agreed the movie felt rushed and could haved been done better in character development thats why i read the manga instead. In the end if you exprience bullying your feelings will be mixed towards the movie and thats okay i felt that for some it resonates and for others it is absurd we can agree to disagree with that.
Jul 16, 2021 3:06 AM
Jul 2021
Yes believe it or not Dear sir you are the only one who has such shit taste
Jul 20, 2021 5:31 AM
Feb 2021
I think this movie started off pretty well, but as it goes on, there was nothing really happening. There were a lot of moments where I feel like it was just trying to be like the same type of shows that wants you to cry. It was full of melodrama, and the ending was also very underwhelming.

Tho I really liked some of the characters but it was just a 6-7/10 for me
Sep 8, 2021 12:08 PM
Sep 2021
GhostRyderz said:
also you rated
Kimi no na wa 10/10
Pokémon 9/10

I believe this means you are no longer entitled to having opinions
Yikes. Talk about pretentious.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

257 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 3, 1:41 PM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.