Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 9, 2018 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
The way the plot goes is pretty unbelievable, the male mc is annoying and deserves all the guilt placed upon him, her falling in love with him is extremely unrealistic and stupid.
Now explain why people like this, please?
( and yes I read the manga and watched the movie )
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2018 5:22 AM

Apr 2016
It's just hype man, and hype is very strong factor in the popularity of anime/movie whatever.
Mar 9, 2018 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
It's just hype man, and hype is very strong factor in the popularity of anime/movie whatever.

Yeah, but why do people cry at this? I don’t get it.
Mar 9, 2018 5:27 AM

Apr 2016
Rham said:
Swagernator said:

You seriously going to ask why people are crying during a movie with a deaf cute girl ? Are we seriously doing this ?
Mar 9, 2018 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
Rham said:

You seriously going to ask why people are crying during a movie with a deaf cute girl ? Are we seriously doing this ?

Must be because I felt no empathy towards this stupid girl that doesn’t know how to stand up for herself.
Mar 9, 2018 5:54 AM

Apr 2017
Rham said:

You seriously can't just check it out for yourself?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1555225
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_silent_voice/

Rham said:
(and yes I read the manga and watched the movie )

Why would you do that if you hate it so much?
Mar 9, 2018 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
zodd0 said:
Rham said:

You seriously can't just check it out for yourself?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1555225
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_silent_voice/

Rham said:
(and yes I read the manga and watched the movie )

Why would you do that if you hate it so much?

Because I was trying to understand why and thought that maybe manga had more plot in it. Also yes, I read posts about it before and most are “realistic bullying” (it’s not) or “cute girl” (she is stupid and weak) or good story (in fact it doesn’t make any sense).
Mar 9, 2018 6:39 AM

Oct 2017
Rham said:

Because people have different tastes?
Mar 9, 2018 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Rham said:

Obviously. So I want for someone who likes this anime to explain why this anime is good in their opinion, because I can’t find one good thing about this.
Mar 9, 2018 6:44 AM

Oct 2017
Rham said:
ZSTGL_IMA said:

Obviously. So I want for someone who likes this anime to explain why this anime is good in their opinion, because I can’t find one good thing about this.

"You can't find one good thing about this"
Is the reason you don't like it, meaning you would never understand...
Mar 9, 2018 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Rham said:

"You can't find one good thing about this"
Is the reason you don't like it, meaning you would never understand...

I could understand if people would explain me, this is why I’m asking for opinions. But I don’t think you could give me good arguments, since the only one you came up with is “you just don’t get if”
Mar 10, 2018 2:24 PM

Mar 2018
Rham said:
The way the plot goes is pretty unbelievable, the male mc is annoying and deserves all the guilt placed upon him, her falling in love with him is extremely unrealistic and stupid.

Well I dont necessarily think of the typical damsel in distress scenario for shoko's case, even though the movie sins a bit by not showing a few such character insights of shoko.
Her personality trait and thought processes can be likened to being that of a demure and sweet person intrinsically and ,based on some parts in the manga, not trying to cause a situation leading to any form of trouble,mainly for her family and especially yuzuru's sake( and thus giving us those fake smiles at certain times) which also leads her to sort of incriminate herself for certain bad situations around her as well(*insert manga's chapter on shoko's past at 3 yrs old when her family gathered for a meeting and fired at her mom*).
Imo, she did stand up but just in her own way of thought,which was neither bad nor stupid in any way, to uphold what she held dear (*insert certain manga chapter where she didn't her sister to be bullied because of her and what she did as a result*)
Of course there is a bit more to it and the manga does so.
So with this little pretext, also consider that those two were in "6th" grade at that time where adult and societal influences still have a major role. Shoya was the one to approach her first after all these years to try to make amends and also was the one to return her her mode of communication,i.e her notebook, in 6th grade which she discarded on her own will in the school pond after Shoya himself threw it.(*In the manga, shoko stated to her family that she wanted to die after that incident.Such was the profundity of that event and significance of notebook*).So symbolically Shoya was the one to return her her 'voice' from 6th grade.
After this encounter, the movie also carefully outlines their progress in that Shoya genuinely wanted to right his sins and give some happiness to Shoko he stole from her elementary school days.Shoya was genuinely trying to understand her after all these years. Shoko of course saw and understood his intent too to a good extent I suppose
Anyways,these are my two cents for her behavior and why she found shoya's sequence of actions to be profound/meaningful.
Mar 10, 2018 2:27 PM

May 2015
You couldn't find a single thing that's good about it? Not even the animation or music?

Mar 10, 2018 2:44 PM

May 2009
Not everyone is as edgy as you. Also some people are too emphatic.
Mar 20, 2018 7:21 AM
Mar 2018
Watch it again, more feels. A deaf girl who want to make friend with him who sometimes pretend to be a good boy with her.
Mar 20, 2018 10:00 PM
Jun 2016
Rham said:
It all makes sense after watching it 13 times. That's the issue here, you're commenting on how realistic the film is without knowing the details in depth.

Granted, I'm not going to suggest you watch it 13 times, just saying that your impression of the accuracy may be due to your own misinformation.

The Ishida doesn't deserve all the guilt placed upon him, because he was a kid when he was a bully, he's suffered extensively because of his actions, and he's trying his best to make up for it. Nishimiya falls in love with him because she sees that he's trying his best to be a better person, and also she's similar to him in a lot of ways.

As for why people like this film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeub2gZnJC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dqpGpYXTC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atgTsLv1e-A

And finally, why I like the film:
https://youtu.be/6dcHxo2HRso
Mar 20, 2018 10:41 PM

Sep 2017
they deliver the story way too quick,that's the problem.
the manga is so different from the movie.
in the movie they're like " ok dude to kiss this deaf girl's ass again"
without any depth. I didn't like that at all.
In the manga he learned how to forgive himself through seeing her...idk man it's just how i see it.
hi,i like you.
May 2, 2018 6:04 PM

Dec 2009
Because we're kind people with sympathy and consideration/understanding.
May 2, 2018 6:54 PM

Feb 2018
Movie just rushed everything from the manga. personally I found the manga to have more fleshed out characters and a more realistic plot that was paced well. However if you get hung up over "REALISM" in works of fiction you should probably off yourself.
May 2, 2018 6:58 PM

Feb 2018
also you rated
Kimi no na wa 10/10
Pokémon 9/10

I believe this means you are no longer entitled to having opinions
May 6, 2018 3:46 PM
Aug 2017
Use some "heart" to feel it. It's a touching story about a naive deaf girl that just want to try to make friend with another people and a boy that try to remove all of his regret in the past and the story of people around them, hypocritical people
May 6, 2018 7:24 PM

Mar 2015
Okay, pretty old thread, but here is why I really enjoyed the movie.
I know most people are focused on Nishimiya, but the parts I cried for was when Ishida was finding redemption. Both deals with self-hate and I do agree that Nishimiya's character is a bit flat. Yet, being deaf is the reason for her self-hatred and it's why she doesn't stand up for herself and smiles it off (although smiling it off like a moe girl may be a little bit of a stretch and a recipe for a generic character). Ishida, on the other hand, was a total jerkwad when he was younger. Like all dumb young kids, he bullies her with no one in class to set things right. However, when he is betrayed by his friends and outcasted, he realizes his mistakes, but it sends him into a spiral of depression and self-hate.

If anyone has gone down that road, it's not something that you can just wake up and say, holy shit I love myself. It feeds and rots inside, which is what happened to both Ishida and Nishimiya. This relatable aspect of the movie, dealing with knowing how to redeem yourself, learn from past mistakes, and overcome them is what makes the movie so loveable.

Mind you that this pattern has been used many times, but koe no katachi was able to present the issue of mental health in a way where it shows hope for those who are going through the same thing. It also provides a solution where it says these things take time to deal with and is only done with the help of other people.

I do have to say, it is no perfect movie. Because it's so focused on Ishida's development, and the moe Nishimiya, it disregards much of the back story as well as the surrounding characters, leaving them as useless tools that aren't really a person at all.

Regardless of that, the soundtrack and the execution of the relatable message they were trying to send out was more than enough and the animation itself was personally very aesthetically beautiful to me.

And that's why this movie makes me cry every time I watch it.

There you go. Since no one else was putting it into long words.

Also, I don't mind that you don't like the movie, but you don't need to despise and curse someone's work like that. It's not like they affected your personal being both mentally or physically so chillllllllll
May 6, 2018 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
Rham said:

Must be because I felt no empathy towards this stupid girl that doesn’t know how to stand up for herself.

She did the best as she could.. For me the most striking scene is when she brawled Shoya and as crying she said "I don't know what to do anymore".. No scene strikes you that hard in stupid movie with only great visual like Kimi no na Wa that you rated 10/10 ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 6, 2018 9:32 PM

Feb 2015
Well, at least; by far, better than Kimi no Na Wa if you think about it. But still...
May 7, 2018 5:04 AM
Apr 2018
Rham said:

I agree with you but i did not read manga yet. Maybe the movie rushed things.
But the rest of the movie is ok.

_Ako_ said:
Well, at least; by far, better than Kimi no Na Wa if you think about it. But still...

I think they are almost as the same level.
A girl love who bullied her, draw blood from her ears.(seriously i want to punch him in that part!!!)
A girl love who only meet for 1(or few times) directly, meet indirectly, grope her chest. Maybe because she saw his pen** and like him! lol jk
May 7, 2018 5:28 AM

Jan 2018
At-least it's hundred times better than Kimi no nawa.
May 12, 2018 8:53 AM

Mar 2018
Congintive said:

Are you blind my dude? This movie is way over-hyped, and the plot is straight up absurd and it's practically made of cliches. Characters are horribly drawn, the female MC falls in love with the male MC, who pretty much scarred her for life, like wtaf? All he did was learn sign language and that made her love him? The ending scene made no sense, a good movie ending would not let me search up "____ ending explained" on Google. I did, however, bcz no one could decipher the meaning of those 1 pixel blurred circles. Geez. [7/10]

If anything Kimi no Na wa has a way more profound plot, easy to understand, far more relatable characters, not to mention how Shinkai(director) is now referred as the next Miyazaki, and he destroyed the rest of the animation industry. Shinkai's film was easily a masterpiece, no one in Japan could rival his art, whether is character or background design. One of Japan's popular radio station, NHK, had a live demonstration, consisted of 53 adults who are all past the age of 50, watching Kimi no Na wa in the same theatre. The result was almost all of them had some personal connection with the movie, even though it was more hinted towards viewers of younger age. One older man started balling in tears while the movie was only half way there. These are facts proving that Your Name will always remain seated on the throne of anime movies. [10/10]
_LeafMay 12, 2018 9:06 AM

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       
May 12, 2018 8:55 AM

May 2017
Idk kimi no na wa sucked in similiar way too

Over hyped,it is good in some way
looks naise at least but story aint that special
May 13, 2018 5:30 AM

Apr 2017
MeclairX said:
Are you blind my dude? This movie is way over-hyped, and the plot is straight up absurd and it's practically made of cliches. Characters are horribly drawn, the female MC falls in love with the male MC, who pretty much scarred her for life, like wtaf? All he did was learn sign language and that made her love him? The ending scene made no sense, a good movie ending would not let me search up "____ ending explained" on Google. I did, however, bcz no one could decipher the meaning of those 1 pixel blurred circles. Geez. [7/10]

It would seem you are the blind one with your oversimplifications.
Aug 18, 2018 3:15 PM

Aug 2017
The movie is overrated but my score is 6/10, mosly for the animation (I could give this 5/10 easily). My main complain is that Ishida woke up for the power of love. That was pretty stupid.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 18, 2018 3:29 PM

May 2012
It is still miles better than the insanely overrated Kimi no na wa
Aug 27, 2018 5:27 PM
Aug 2018
_Eclairs said:
Congintive said:

If anything Kimi no Na wa has a way more profound plot, easy to understand, far more relatable characters, not to mention how Shinkai(director) is now referred as the next Miyazaki, and he destroyed the rest of the animation industry. Shinkai's film was easily a masterpiece, no one in Japan could rival his art, whether is character or background design. One of Japan's popular radio station, NHK, had a live demonstration, consisted of 53 adults who are all past the age of 50, watching Kimi no Na wa in the same theatre. The result was almost all of them had some personal connection with the movie, even though it was more hinted towards viewers of younger age. One older man started balling in tears while the movie was only half way there. These are facts proving that Your Name will always remain seated on the throne of anime movies. [10/10]

Wow dude, seriously? I made an account only to reply to this REALLY stupid message.
Let's start from the beginning. You say that the movie is way over hyped. Well, if koe no katachi, which is an anime no one knows, is an over hyped anime, I think it's not possible to describe in words how much overrated kimi no nawa is. Let's talk about it, seriously. You say that koe no katachi has a stupid plot, that it's made of cliches and that kimi no nawa is deeper? Well, I've personally never seen nothing of more trivial than a plot containing a love story with a change of lifes. Come on, it combines the stupidity of a way too romantic film with the most common cliches ever seen in the whole cinema, like change of lifes and the shy and clumsy guy every-time-embarassed. And I'm SURE that you cannot judge a love story deeper than an attempt of a pure soul to reedem herself from her past mistakes and sins, I will not give you that.
Far more better characters? Well, if you're saying that a guy which the only special thing that does is dream a girl and touch her tits, and a
girl which is snobbed by her classmates (or whatever) are better characters than Characters like shouya - which changes completely himself and tries to redeem his soul, yuzuru which tries in every way to help her deaf sister, nagatsuka that suffers because he doesn't succed in the try of making new friends, in ueno that, being in love with ishida, hates nishimya and sahara, which is scared about what peaple can think of her and cannot take decisions - I think that the end is near.
Saying that the director is better? Well, that means nothing. When I watch and I judge a film, the director may takes the credits for what he has done, and does not make me judge a film better than another.
The drawings and the animations? Pure graphics. Sure, those are more immersive, but there is nothing more immersive than an intresting story, that a silent voice certanly has. Think that like a game. You buy the game because it has ThE mOsT bEaUtIfUl GrApHiCs EvEr AnD yOu WaNt To WaTcH iT bEcAuSe It LoOkS dOpE OMGGGG or just because you want to play and have fun with it? It's the same mechanic.
At least you were a little bit consistent at certain point: You said that the plot of your name is easier to understand and that the ending of the shape of voice is a bad ending because it made you search an explaination; you're acting the part of the SERIOUSLY stupid guy incredibly well! No way you can't get an oscar if you'll act like this in your next post.
That said... well, it's important to say that you name is a good film. No way I can say something else. But, your name is a film that you can watch one time crying at it. Instead, I could watch koe no katachi hundreds of times: I would cry every time, because I feel like it's me in the scene, and not ishida.
Your name 8/10, definatly not a masterpiece, but almost.
The shape of voice 9/10, just because reading the manga you understand that it could have been way more better, even if that's almost perfect right now.

P.S.: I was almost forgetting... remember that the shape of voice is a manga adaptation, so it may be hard to understand even because 2 hours aren't enough for such a though story.
Anyway, I respect your opinion. If you think it like that, then no way I can "insult" you. If you read something that hurts you, well, I'm jk.
Michele_CaciAug 27, 2018 6:11 PM
Aug 29, 2018 6:21 AM

Nov 2016
Sep 2, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2016
Michele_Caci said:
_Eclairs said:

Wow dude, seriously? I made an account only to reply to this REALLY stupid message.
Let's start from the beginning. You say that the movie is way over hyped. Well, if koe no katachi, which is an anime no one knows, is an over hyped anime, I think it's not possible to describe in words how much overrated kimi no nawa is. Let's talk about it, seriously. You say that koe no katachi has a stupid plot, that it's made of cliches and that kimi no nawa is deeper? Well, I've personally never seen nothing of more trivial than a plot containing a love story with a change of lifes. Come on, it combines the stupidity of a way too romantic film with the most common cliches ever seen in the whole cinema, like change of lifes and the shy and clumsy guy every-time-embarassed. And I'm SURE that you cannot judge a love story deeper than an attempt of a pure soul to reedem herself from her past mistakes and sins, I will not give you that.
Far more better characters? Well, if you're saying that a guy which the only special thing that does is dream a girl and touch her tits, and a
girl which is snobbed by her classmates (or whatever) are better characters than Characters like shouya - which changes completely himself and tries to redeem his soul, yuzuru which tries in every way to help her deaf sister, nagatsuka that suffers because he doesn't succed in the try of making new friends, in ueno that, being in love with ishida, hates nishimya and sahara, which is scared about what peaple can think of her and cannot take decisions - I think that the end is near.
Saying that the director is better? Well, that means nothing. When I watch and I judge a film, the director may takes the credits for what he has done, and does not make me judge a film better than another.
The drawings and the animations? Pure graphics. Sure, those are more immersive, but there is nothing more immersive than an intresting story, that a silent voice certanly has. Think that like a game. You buy the game because it has ThE mOsT bEaUtIfUl GrApHiCs EvEr AnD yOu WaNt To WaTcH iT bEcAuSe It LoOkS dOpE OMGGGG or just because you want to play and have fun with it? It's the same mechanic.
At least you were a little bit consistent at certain point: You said that the plot of your name is easier to understand and that the ending of the shape of voice is a bad ending because it made you search an explaination; you're acting the part of the SERIOUSLY stupid guy incredibly well! No way you can't get an oscar if you'll act like this in your next post.
That said... well, it's important to say that you name is a good film. No way I can say something else. But, your name is a film that you can watch one time crying at it. Instead, I could watch koe no katachi hundreds of times: I would cry every time, because I feel like it's me in the scene, and not ishida.
Your name 8/10, definatly not a masterpiece, but almost.
The shape of voice 9/10, just because reading the manga you understand that it could have been way more better, even if that's almost perfect right now.

P.S.: I was almost forgetting... remember that the shape of voice is a manga adaptation, so it may be hard to understand even because 2 hours aren't enough for such a though story.
Anyway, I respect your opinion. If you think it like that, then no way I can "insult" you. If you read something that hurts you, well, I'm jk.
This is a quality post.
Sep 6, 2018 9:22 AM

Apr 2018
Him falling in love with her and her falling in love with him makes perfect sense and the process that led to those romantic feels was showcased greatly
Mar 8, 2019 1:09 AM
Oct 2016
Did we even need this thread?
Mar 8, 2019 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
yes and the funny thing is that a hater has watched more content of this anime than I did lol
I . A M . D E A D !  C O N T I N U E ?

INSERT COIN

Apr 23, 2019 9:09 PM
Nov 2011
Nope... Was it rough, perhaps ugly as it progressed? Yes, but guess what, so is real life. That's why I cried my eyes out when I viewed it for the first time.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 27, 2019 8:24 PM
Jan 2017
Am I the only one who think this question is stupid?
Jul 18, 2019 12:25 PM

Aug 2018
Rham said:
You are one of the stupidest person I have saw in my life who can't even sense the sense of humanity in a show.

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 18, 2019 12:45 PM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Rham said:
You are one of the stupidest person I have saw in my life who can't even sense the sense of humanity in a show.

Bruh what's up with all the revival of these KnK threads? Oh and if you want to validate your point, I believe insult is not a very good resolution. I also have no idea what "sense of humanity" is but ok.
. . .
Jul 18, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

Bruh what's up with all the revival of these KnK threads? Oh and if you want to validate your point, I believe insult is not a very good resolution. I also have no idea what "sense of humanity" is but ok.
Sense of humanity is, to feel guilty of the sins and to pay the right price for them and to stop the mistakes we made from repeating again. This is what we saw...

I think it should be called "sense of humanism" though, based on the definition you were referring.
PreacheeJul 18, 2019 1:04 PM
. . .
Jul 18, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

I think it should be called "sense of humanism" though, based on the definition you were referring.
Now I am thinking, are you a bad listener or I am bad teacher. I think I am bad teacher.

Woah there buddy, i didn't expect to encounter another arrogant man like you self-proclaiming yourself as my tutor in such a nice day like today. Why don't you take a deeep breath, and go search for just one or two seconds, look up on the dictionary what is humanism?

It's true that humanity means benevolence, but don't forget your own definition and its philosophy "to feel guilty of the sins" "pay the right price"...

And it seems like you jump to conclusion real quick huh my dude? I didn't use a fully certain statement so I am open for you to prove me wrong.
PreacheeJul 18, 2019 1:29 PM
. . .
Jul 18, 2019 2:07 PM
May 2019
Uhh It's another am I the only one tread. No your probably not there are more then 7 billion people on this planet some of them will share your opinion regardless of how ridiculous it may actually be.😒😒😒😒😒😒
Jul 18, 2019 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
I think the synopsis is stupid
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Jul 19, 2019 12:25 AM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

Woah there buddy, i didn't expect to encounter another arrogant man like you self-proclaiming yourself as my tutor in such a nice day like today. Why don't you take a deeep breath, and go search for just one or two seconds, look up on the dictionary what is humanism?

It's true that humanity means benevolence, but don't forget your own definition and its philosophy "to feel guilty of the sins" "pay the right price"...

And it seems like you jump to conclusion real quick huh my dude? I didn't use a fully certain statement so I am open for you to prove me wrong.
I don't you to prove wrong (except for you mean rating, 4) I am just saying that this show has sense of humor and doing right for the good of the world.

I mean, sure I get your point but I just thought it wasn't the appropriate way of expression to consolidate your point. By the way, if you want to debate about KnK since I have the contrary viewpoint to yours then we can talk ab that for sure, but I don't think you really want to discuss anyway.

And may I ask what's so wrong about a 4 coz I don't get what you're trying to say. Does it mean that I'm an elitist because I can't enjoy anime and always rate them so harshly, or what do you mean? You know every individual has different system right? Still, what you said was unclear and so I can't reply you properly.

Edit: you do know "sense of humor" is the most out-of-place phrase to describe KnK right?
PreacheeJul 19, 2019 12:55 AM
. . .
Jul 22, 2019 3:47 AM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

I mean, sure I get your point but I just thought it wasn't the appropriate way of expression to consolidate your point. By the way, if you want to debate about KnK since I have the contrary viewpoint to yours then we can talk ab that for sure, but I don't think you really want to discuss anyway.

And may I ask what's so wrong about a 4 coz I don't get what you're trying to say. Does it mean that I'm an elitist because I can't enjoy anime and always rate them so harshly, or what do you mean? You know every individual has different system right? Still, what you said was unclear and so I can't reply you properly.

Edit: you do know "sense of humor" is the most out-of-place phrase to describe KnK right?
KNK needs explanation in more detail. And about your average rating, I think you don't know the importance of rating the shows.

Well I don't think you know the importance of "rating system" either. If you think in order to determine whether a person is right or not, you solely judge via average rating then I can't possibly have a mutual ground with you. You seriously need to understand the difference amongst people's systems and not just pretend you apprehend the significance of rating average by merely asserting "I'm not trying to convince you're wrong (except your rating is 4)". If you like to know, I can explain my average score and how it comes to that end, but since you firmly said your statement, I wouldn't think you're really open-minded.
. . .
Jul 22, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

Well I don't think you know the importance of "rating system" either. If you think in order to determine whether a person is right or not, you solely judge via average rating then I can't possibly have a mutual ground with you. You seriously need to understand the difference amongst people's systems and not just pretend you apprehend the significance of rating average by merely asserting "I'm not trying to convince you're wrong (except your rating is 4)". If you like to know, I can explain my average score and how it comes to that end, but since you firmly said your statement, I wouldn't think you're really open-minded.
Being an open-minded is my real thing actually, so I will say that your mean rating is very low as compared to majority's mean ratings and also it's very bad for the society. (XD I know I don't have to say "society" because it's not that big problem. XD But still it's a problem.)

Alright then, if you're really that open-minded then I'll go out for myself now.

Firstly, you said it is "bad for the society". Well, is it because my score can lower the rating of a show on this site? If that's the case then I don't see any problem here. Don't be so discriminatory on different people having different rating system to yours. Here, let me explain 1. why I have such low score (in your opinion, and to the majority if you might say) and 2. why it should not be taken as a problem (it's really dumb to ever take such phenomenon seriously).

1. I derive great pleasure from dissecting anime. For me, it's hundrum to thoughtlessly rate a show by only seeing how entertaining it is personally; or to rate it by sole whim and see a huge fraction as equally good (without understading its genuine quality). I want to understand the strengths to be able to better appreciate, to acknowledge the flaws to know what should be criticized. My scores are also very distinctive. Even a 6 to me is very good (but yea some people like you can't agree with that since they feel it is such a low score, but to me, it's not). Why is a 6 still good then you might ask? It's bcos I want to disparate the good and the better, the great and the greatest, the bad and the atrocious, even if the difference is very little. Thus, my "good" ranges from 6 to 10, and I feel more comfortable to differentiate them that way. If you think analyzing an anime and rate them with a rather "low" system made me so much of an elitist/hipster then fine I could somewhat understand that, but give your actual reasons instead of claiming entirely all the time.

2. You said it is troublesome for the "society". I want to say, this is neither a hate crime nor an act of degrading anything. I could not understand the mindset of "If you have a rating system that brings about lower scores than us, you're fking this community up". Having personal system is something we ought to agree on since the early development of any society. And by system I mean any system, not just this one. If you can't respect peoples' differences and think "they are so problematic, I rate higher hence I'm good, I help this site to have higher ratings" then sorry mate, you're not very open-minded as you seemingly attested.

Secondly, by far, all you ever said are complaints and proclaimations, you didn't have any single reasons to back up your points. Therefore, no arguments of yours are convincing in the slightest, so I cannot be persuaded so far.
. . .
Jul 22, 2019 10:58 PM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

Alright then, if you're really that open-minded then I'll go out for myself now.

Firstly, you said it is "bad for the society". Well, is it because my score can lower the rating of a show on this site? If that's the case then I don't see any problem here. Don't be so discriminatory on different people having different rating system to yours. Here, let me explain 1. why I have such low score (in your opinion, and to the majority if you might say) and 2. why it should not be taken as a problem (it's really dumb to ever take such phenomenon seriously).

1. I derive great pleasure from dissecting anime. For me, it's hundrum to thoughtlessly rate a show by only seeing how entertaining it is personally; or to rate it by sole whim and see a huge fraction as equally good (without understading its genuine quality). I want to understand the strengths to be able to better appreciate, to acknowledge the flaws to know what should be criticized. My scores are also very distinctive. Even a 6 to me is very good (but yea some people like you can't agree with that since they feel it is such a low score, but to me, it's not). Why is a 6 still good then you might ask? It's bcos I want to disparate the good and the better, the great and the greatest, the bad and the atrocious, even if the difference is very little. Thus, my "good" ranges from 6 to 10, and I feel more comfortable to differentiate them that way. If you think analyzing an anime and rate them with a rather "low" system made me so much of an elitist/hipster then fine I could somewhat understand that, but give your actual reasons instead of claiming entirely all the time.

2. You said it is troublesome for the "society". I want to say, this is neither a hate crime nor an act of degrading anything. I could not understand the mindset of "If you have a rating system that brings about lower scores than us, you're fking this community up". Having personal system is something we ought to agree on since the early development of any society. And by system I mean any system, not just this one. If you can't respect peoples' differences and think "they are so problematic, I rate higher hence I'm good, I help this site to have higher ratings" then sorry mate, you're not very open-minded as you seemingly attested.

Secondly, by far, all you ever said are complaints and proclaimations, you didn't have any single reasons to back up your points. Therefore, no arguments of yours are convincing in the slightest, so I cannot be persuaded so far.
You know I was smiling (not in irony) reading your replay,
you said
'If you can't respect peoples' differences and think "they are so problematic, I rate higher hence I'm good, I help this site to have higher ratings" then sorry mate, you're not very open-minded as you seemingly attested.'
You think I rated high just to being good?
You are totally wrong about it, because I rate what a show deserves, strongly when I rate 9/10 and 10/10. And I already told you before that your rating is not much big problem, I am just saying you should not think that your rating system (which is good for yourself), but instead you should think about the actual rating system.

Well, clearly I don't think you rate highly just so you can be good, but obviously you said that my rating system is problematic, why so (not to mention you said something like "I'm not proving you are wrong (except your rating is 4))?

Anyway, what is an "actual" system? Do you ever think that an actual system of yours might not be of others? I know you don't intend to make others feel you are self-centered, but understand differences, there's no actual system as long as you live in the so-called society, trust me. That's why I told you my friend, you should understand my rating system too, instead of thinking yours is the optimal or simply "the actual". I respect every individual's system, and you should too (if you ever feel the opposite way of course).

For the not-so-big problem about this entire system thing, you brought it up yourself in the first place though. I never cared about that matter tbpf, but I'm willing to talk.
. . .
Jul 22, 2019 11:06 PM

Dec 2018
Lightstone said:
Preachee said:

Well, clearly I don't think you rate highly just so you can be good, but obviously you said that my rating system is problematic, why so (not to mention you said something like "I'm not proving you are wrong (except your rating is 4))?

Anyway, what is an "actual" system? Do you ever think that an actual system of yours might not be of others? I know you don't intend to make others feel you are self-centered, but understand differences, there's no actual system as long as you live in the so-called society, trust me. That's why I told you my friend, you should understand my rating system too, instead of thinking yours is the optimal or simply "the actual". I respect every individual's system, and you should too (if you ever feel that way of course).

For the not-so-big problem about this entire system thing, you brought it up yourself in the first place though. I never cared about that matter tbpf, but I'm willing to talk.
I actual rating system according to me is the scale from 1 to 10.
1/10
2/10
3/10
4/10
5/10
6/10
7/10
8/10
9/10
10/10
11/10(O o...)

Lmao wtf, now I'm lost. I think we are saying different things and kinda misunderstanding a little bit here.
That said, I think you should read how my rating system works if you ever cared (tho even if you don't, you should read to get why my score is 4).

But long story short, yea that's mine too I guess... But as you said it though, "actual system" doesn't exist, and these numbers can represent different thoughts, ideas, and affections of each person. I mean, that's what I was trying to say at least.
PreacheeJul 22, 2019 11:10 PM
. . .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.