Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2019 11:18 AM
Feb 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1148837190052413440

Based on the comments though, it's pretty clear that this adaptation was a dumpster fire from the very get go. He tried to salvage the situation as much as possible (the staff change was as a result of his input it seems), but yeah it must suck to know well in advance that your work is gonna be butchered beyond repair and there's little to nothing you can do about it. Also, it seems like Whitefox had little to nothing to do with this. They just provided background support. Everything from the director, to the overall production itself came from Asread (hence why Whitefox has NEVER promoted this in any form themselves i.e. social media accounts etc). Honestly this is one hell of a shitshow and am curious as to how things ended up like this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2019 12:55 PM
Feb 2017
That sucks, but at least we know the author is dissapointed in it as well. If not, I'd be pretty worried.
Jul 10, 2019 2:22 PM
May 2019
Well, now I know that rather than be pissed at White Fox to be pissed at Asread instead, thanks for the info!
Jul 10, 2019 2:28 PM
Jan 2018
dedeogbe said:

Based on the comments though, it's pretty clear that this adaptation was a dumpster fire from the very get go. He tried to salvage the situation as much as possible (the staff change was as a result of his input it seems), but yeah it must suck to know well in advance that your work is gonna be butchered beyond repair and there's little to nothing you can do about it. Also, it seems like Whitefox had little to nothing to do with this. They just provided background support. Everything from the director, to the overall production itself came from Asread (hence why Whitefox has NEVER promoted this in any form themselves i.e. social media accounts etc). Honestly this is one hell of a shitshow and am curious as to how things ended up like this.
It should be noted that the author complained about the initial script and key visuals that White Fox did. So it was the dissatisfaction from both him and fans of the series that led to the firing of the original staff, the rewriting of the script and the reboot of the entire production. In other words, he is partially to be blamed for the outcome of the current anime.
Jul 10, 2019 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
the thread title is misleading

high chance the author made the production of the anime worse because he demanded staff change and restarted from scratch the production

Arifureta Author May Have Prompted Anime's Staff Change
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-07-10/arifureta-author-may-have-prompted-anime-staff-change/.148858
Jul 10, 2019 11:07 PM
Jun 2019
deg said:

high chance the author made the production of the anime worse because he demanded staff change and restarted from scratch the production

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-07-10/arifureta-author-may-have-prompted-anime-staff-change/.148858
yeah maybe he probably should've kept the old staff members
who were going to work on this adaptation
manofhonor1
Jul 10, 2019 11:29 PM
Jan 2018
dedeogbe said:

The tweet is about before the delay with the previous visual nothing about the current version but I highly doubt he's happy with this version either.

It's like the first episode was made by a newbie director
Jul 10, 2019 11:41 PM
Apr 2019
and just leave it only in LN and Manga. and why? version of anime like this? it's not a problem, I have stopped following arifu after the first episode.
Jul 11, 2019 1:48 AM

Aug 2016
Mattinator95 said:
dedeogbe said:

The tweet is about before the delay with the previous visual nothing about the current version but I highly doubt he's happy with this version either.

It's like the first episode was made by a newbie director

Well, he's indeed asking fans to give their review when the current anime aired. It was written in his notes on the web novel version of the series about a week ago.

Apparently, he himself was anxious about the upcoming anime lol and hell he turned out to be right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2019 1:54 AM

Oct 2017
One would have thought author would be able to preview the production before it airs XD. No author would like their hard work being utterly destroyed like this early on.
Jul 11, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
dedeogbe said:
but yeah it must suck to know well in advance that your work is gonna be butchered beyond repair and there's little to nothing you can do about it.

i doubt that the anime could be worse than the novels the author wrote
Jul 11, 2019 2:29 PM
Sep 2016
Simar said:
dedeogbe said:
but yeah it must suck to know well in advance that your work is gonna be butchered beyond repair and there's little to nothing you can do about it.

It somehow manages to be...
AND THAT'S WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT IT!! https://youtu.be/cOA75AAp9xM
1.1.Six
Jul 12, 2019 1:48 AM
Jun 2016
Simar said:
dedeogbe said:

Actually, I really like the novels. Some of the better isekai I've read, simply because it doesn't try to take itself seriously. The novels are basically a complete power trip with cute girls thrown in, and you know what? That's completely fine. Not all anime or LNs have to be "super deep", "complex" or "beacons of great storytelling", sometimes its nice to just sit back, relax and read something straightforward like Arifureta.

If you like the isekai genre, it's easily an 8/10 in my mind.
Jul 12, 2019 2:02 AM

Mar 2007
He should of just gone for a straight fantasy setting but instead it's isekai. His work is shit and the anime is no different.
I did like this first episode since the only hint it's isekai came from the opening. I felt the production values were strange but it did keep my attention the whole time.
Jul 12, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2017
wjxxhulka66n6 said:
He should of just gone for a straight fantasy setting but instead it's isekai. His work is shit and the anime is no different.
I don't get your point at all. Have you read the LN? I wholeheartedly agree that the adaptation is shitty but I fail to see why you're calling his LN shitty as well.
Jul 12, 2019 8:24 AM

May 2009
White Fox was smart enough to pull out of this shitfest as much as they could.
Minar-kyun said:
wjxxhulka66n6 said:
I don't get your point at all. Have you read the LN? I wholeheartedly agree that the adaptation is shitty but I fail to see why you're calling his LN shitty as well.

Light novels are garbage medium and isekai ones are turds.
Jul 12, 2019 12:07 PM

Oct 2017
Simar said:
dedeogbe said:

Honestly most light novel adaptation is a huge downgrade of the original since most of the time they try to squeeze so many volumes into 12 episodes = super rushed story with lack of character development and detail.
Jul 12, 2019 12:11 PM

Oct 2017
wjxxhulka66n6 said:
I did like this first episode since the only hint it's isekai came from the opening. I felt the production values were strange but it did keep my attention the whole time.

The isekai setting is RELEVANT in this one though.
I won't ask you to read light novel, but at least check the manga and see why this need to be isekai to make sense.

There're series that straight up better being pure fantasy, not this one though.

Jul 12, 2019 12:24 PM

Sep 2015
He should worry that LN is trash, not that adaptation of trash is bad.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Jul 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Aug 2014
Imagine thinking a whole medium is trash. It would be hard to reason with someone that truly believes that.

However, the consensus for this particular light novel seems to be that it is bad.
Jul 12, 2019 6:30 PM

Jul 2016
Hahahaha, that makes me so happy.
He deserves every bit of it for making such a good novel into a harem(for no reason besides money) with nothing new at all after the first dungeon.
The characters get dumber every volume.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jul 12, 2019 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Simar said:

The novels are fine it's just people that shit on the harem part etc . It's easy to read when you ignore the other stuff and remember that the series isn't to be taken seriously . As the author writes it mainly for self satisfaction and anyone that enjoys reading it plus hes a chunni so yea

You are undermining what the harem meant for this novel, it was totally anticlimatic, and why the fuck this novel isn't meant to be taken seriously?
It's not even a comedy, wtf.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jul 12, 2019 6:37 PM

May 2018
they can always fix it like they fixed the first couple of episodes of LOGH
Jul 12, 2019 6:46 PM
Nov 2015
Only_Brad said:
they can always fix it like they fixed the first couple of episodes of LOGH

Im praying the will just for the sake of Arifureta LN having a soft spot in my heart.
Jul 13, 2019 2:12 AM

Aug 2015
Can't only blame the studio when the source material itself is not good, and as someone else mentioned,it was the author, who decided to fire the old crew and asked to make this again from the scratch

He is as much responsible for this crap as the studio
Jul 13, 2019 9:24 PM

Jun 2014
deg said:

This is really interesting to me, I was under the impression that most author usually have little power in regard to anime adaptation and only participate when they are allowed to.

Or maybe most author are just really modest so they don't change much or they are just grateful for an anime adaptation and don't ask for more. Does anyone know more about the subject?
Jul 13, 2019 9:29 PM

Jan 2009
Thai777 said:
deg said:

This is really interesting to me, I was under the impression that most author usually have little power in regard to anime adaptation and only participate when they are allowed to.

Or maybe most author are just really modest so they don't change much or they are just grateful for an anime adaptation and don't ask for more. Does anyone know more about the subject?

watch Shirobako dude its an anime about anime production process

but here is a quick read about the power of the original creator by japanese law (but ye the original creator has no power on how to recover the already use budget for scrapped production lol)

The Gensakusha Almighty

Not every member of the Committee gets equal say in every matter, and most of them wouldn't want oversight over everything anyway. (A toy maker wouldn't care about who gets American publishing rights, for example.) One member, however, holds a huge amount of power, by Japanese law: the gensakusha, or original creator, usually a manga artist, gets final say over every major decision.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-05
Jul 13, 2019 9:52 PM

Jun 2014
deg said:

watch Shirobako dude its an anime about anime production process

but here is a quick read about the power of the original creator by japanese law (but ye the original creator has no power on how to recover the already use budget for scrapped production lol)

The Gensakusha Almighty

Not every member of the Committee gets equal say in every matter, and most of them wouldn't want oversight over everything anyway. (A toy maker wouldn't care about who gets American publishing rights, for example.) One member, however, holds a huge amount of power, by Japanese law: the gensakusha, or original creator, usually a manga artist, gets final say over every major decision.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-05

I already watched Shirobako, it's one of my favorite anime lol. I did see how an original creator influenced the story near the end but I didn't know how faithful it was to the truth since I don't believe everything in Shirobako is 100% faithful.

In either case thanks for that link! It really was interesting.

Jul 13, 2019 9:56 PM

Nov 2016
If he had just sticked with White Fox this might've actually been a bit popular and possibly decent. He might be regretting the Studio Change now but its too late.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
Afloo said:
If he had just sticked with White Fox this might've actually been a bit popular and possibly decent. He might be regretting the Studio Change now but its too late.

yep its not just a lot of money/budget that is lost to his bad decision but also he made the production schedule much much worse making the anime staff rushing things too i bet
Jul 13, 2019 10:47 PM

Jul 2016
Mattinator95 said:
DooMWhite said:

You are undermining what the harem meant for this novel, it was totally anticlimatic, and why the fuck this novel isn't meant to be taken seriously?
It's not even a comedy, wtf.

because its a chunni fantasy

That's not even a term, you just made that up, and even if that wasn't the case, it's not really enough of a reason.

Jul 21, 2019 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
Dude, no one, not a single micro-organism hell even the author's family doesn't care about his thoughts on this anime adaptation.

I am enjoying watching this anime that all matters to me.
Jul 22, 2019 3:33 AM

Aug 2016
DooMWhite said:
Mattinator95 said:

because its a chunni fantasy

That's not even a term, you just made that up, and even if that wasn't the case, it's not really enough of a reason.

Why don't you give a reason for why it shouldn't be a harem instead? Can you guarantee it will be better? Nah, that's just your opinion. So many people found this series funny so it's a comedy yeah. Don't bring your personal thought to other people.
Jul 22, 2019 6:43 AM
Jul 2016
deg said:
Afloo said:

yep its not just a lot of money/budget that is lost to his bad decision but also he made the production schedule much much worse making the anime staff rushing things too i bet

i don't think he regret that since the author himself didn't like what White Fox did and the studio is busy with other works so maybe that's for the best and i think Asread are trying their best at least it's not that bad as people says in the end the light novel is popular in japan so they can't screw that
Jul 22, 2019 1:09 PM

Jul 2017
atleast this anime is entertaining in how bad it is,
the novel and manga are just absolute boredom
Jul 22, 2019 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
todd2580 said:
deg said:

i don't think he regret that since the author himself didn't like what White Fox did and the studio is busy with other works so maybe that's for the best and i think Asread are trying their best at least it's not that bad as people says in the end the light novel is popular in japan so they can't screw that

dude i just heard from the anime fans of this anime is the animation is that bad lol

but i remember you saying OPM S2 is not bad in animation too anyway so lol
Jul 22, 2019 3:47 PM
Jul 2016
deg said:
todd2580 said:

dude i just heard from the anime fans of this anime is the animation is that bad lol

lol i don't care about the anime fans's opinions i have my own opinions also actually Arifureta's animation is decent yeah the first episode was having some animation issues but still passable
Jul 22, 2019 3:49 PM

Jan 2009
todd2580 said:
deg said:

lol i don't care about the anime fans's opinions i have my own opinions also actually Arifureta's animation is decent yeah the first episode was having some animation issues but still passable

well you care enough to twist my opnion or other fans opinions though

just ignore my comments and others if you really do not care then
Jul 22, 2019 4:02 PM
Jul 2016
deg said:
todd2580 said:

but i still went to help some people that might understand what is really happening rather than just stay on ignorance like zombies
Jul 22, 2019 4:03 PM

Jan 2009
todd2580 said:
deg said:

but i still went to help some people that might understand what is really happening rather than just stay on ignorance like zombies

you are the one spreading more ignorance like a zombie by saying the animation is not bad
this is not a long running anime like Fairy Tail where bad animation is passable
Jul 22, 2019 4:15 PM
Jul 2016
deg said:
todd2580 said:

you are the one spreading more ignorance like a zombie by saying the animation is not bad
this is not a long running anime like Fairy Tail where bad animation is passable

lol it's passable at least dude there's much worse animation out there and i want to give the animators a chance you're just nitpicking dude like everyone does they did their best even if they was in hurry
Jul 22, 2019 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
todd2580 said:
deg said:

lol it's passable at least dude there's much worse animation out there and i want to give the animators a chance you're just nitpicking dude like everyone does they did their best even if they was in hurry

you give excuses that literally confirms why the animation is bad like not having enough time and implying not enough talent too
Jul 22, 2019 5:18 PM

Jul 2016
whiters99 said:
DooMWhite said:

Why don't you give a reason for why it shouldn't be a harem instead? Can you guarantee it will be better? Nah, that's just your opinion. So many people found this series funny so it's a comedy yeah. Don't bring your personal thought to other people.

I actually gave my reason multiple times:
It was TOTALLY anticlimatic, the couple was all lovydovy(they literally couldn't live without each other at that point) just so in the NEXT fucking chapter the author adds a new girl, totally unreasonable. He baited the fans.
I can't guarantee that it would've been better, but the fact is that the work went downhill after that, just check the reviews.
So if some people laughs at something it's automatically a comedy? Lmfao, ok.
DooMWhiteJul 22, 2019 5:26 PM

Jul 22, 2019 6:31 PM

May 2013
DooMWhite said:
whiters99 said:

It was TOTALLY anticlimatic, the couple was all lovydovy(they literally couldn't live without each other at that point) just so in the NEXT fucking chapter the author adds a new girl, totally unreasonable. He baited the fans.
I can't guarantee that it would've been better, but the fact is that the work went downhill after that, just check the reviews.

It was actually a stroke of hidden genius. The author wanted the bait to be funny but failed, so the joke's on the author now. 3Deep5every1, lol
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 22, 2019 7:02 PM

Oct 2014
So, the case was the author & some fans he confided in didn't like the original screenplay White Fox team gave for the anime, and heated exchange prob occurred that called for a full change of head staff?

Considering the exchanges in this thread (regarding harem good or bad, regarding the general plot good or not, etc), I can only imagine White Fox crew prob had a different idea of what could sell the series, and somehow managed to anger the author (who does sound like some dude with a bit of chuuni syndrome kek).

I don't know what White Fox intended to cut (prob those big chunk of Hajime monologues in favor of real plot and more animated action?),
but judging from the weight the dialogues and the monologues have, I think ultimately the decision of the author is right.
Even though yeah animation is shit, everything is rushed, episode 1 so dark (literally) I couldn't see shit, and I can easily separate the cuts that were done by White Fox assistance and the rushed cuts from Asread kek.
Jul 22, 2019 7:22 PM
Jul 2019
I only watched Episode one and i didnt think it was that bad but i see the manga just must be that much better
Jul 22, 2019 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
KreatorX said:
DooMWhite said:

It was actually a stroke of hidden genius. The author wanted the bait to be funny but failed, so the joke's on the author now. 3Deep5every1, lol

If that's true, you can't turn an edgy work into a comedy with a snap of fingers, he tried the impossible for an amateur.

Jul 22, 2019 10:20 PM

Aug 2016
DooMWhite said:
KreatorX said:

If that's true, you can't turn an edgy work into a comedy with a snap of fingers, he tried the impossible for an amateur.

No change in response : That's your opinion. If people thought it was funny then why not? Sure it was not the main genre but they enjoyed the comedy. And what is the connection between lovy-dovy and anticlimactic? Besides, the MC only accepted the other girls nearing the end of the novel before that he only lovy-dovy with one girl. There's progress in MC developing romantic feelings to other girls and that's because they were tenacious. Those reviews were all caused by harem-haters, no objective point of view there. Meanwhile those who likes harem thought it was a good romance. Maybe not the best but it was enjoyable compared to other nonsense instant fall in love harem isekai. To me, this thing is more anticlimactic-like.
whiters99Jul 22, 2019 10:41 PM
Jul 23, 2019 12:00 AM

Jul 2016
whiters99 said:
DooMWhite said:

No change in response : That's your opinion. If people thought it was funny then why not? Sure it was not the main genre but they enjoyed the comedy. And what is the connection between lovy-dovy and anticlimactic? Besides, the MC only accepted the other girls nearing the end of the novel before that he only lovy-dovy with one girl. There's progress in MC developing romantic feelings to other girls and that's because they were tenacious. Those reviews were all caused by harem-haters, no objective point of view there. Meanwhile those who likes harem thought it was a good romance. Maybe not the best but it was enjoyable compared to other nonsense instant fall in love harem isekai. To me, this thing is more anticlimactic-like.

>My opinion is subjetive, therefore it doesn't matter.
>Some people found it funny, NOW it matters.
>Calls out viewpoints for not being objective.
>Proceeds to give a completely subjetive one.
Lmfao.

No change in response : That's your opinion."

With that logic how can one even begin to give a reason?
Give me a instance so I know this isn't just a falacy, a instance that you can't claim it's "relative".
It's impossible, this line of argumentation doesn't even searches for a truth.

And what is the connection between lovy-dovy and anticlimactic?

It spells out for you that the author is gonna build up a harem just by the way Hajime treated Shea, surprisingly well for a guy in that state.

There's progress in MC developing romantic feelings to other girls and that's because they were tenacious.

Romance in harems doesn't really matters, if there's 3 girls, why can't it be 4? 5? 6? 7? In the end it's meaningless cuz it's not unique.

the MC only accepted the other girls nearing the end of the novel

No shit Sherlock, almost every harem novel that wants to prolong itself is like that, Tate no Yuusha is like that.

I don't really see a way for this discussion to continue, I just came here for the lulz anyways.
I'm just really happy this bait shitshow didn't get the attention Tate got, so deserved.

Jul 23, 2019 12:07 AM

Aug 2012
dedeogbe said:

I am anime only, so may I ask what is so bad about the adaptation?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.