Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this show keeps reminding me how dangerous the streets can be.

Another thrilling episode of action and suspense. Tilarna's fighting skills are actually better than I had expected. Hell, the way she fought with a sword is quite impressive.

Jul 22, 2019 9:23 AM
Aug 2017
So far loving this show but this time I must say that animations could've been better. Not too bad, though.
Jul 22, 2019 9:57 AM
Dec 2017
It looked like they made this episode in few days - some script lines, shots and animations just felt random or made by an AI.
Jul 22, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode. Loved the way Tilarna fought. Her fighting skills are indeed impressive.

Didn't expect the chief to be a traitor.

Jul 22, 2019 10:27 AM

Jun 2015
Aw, the second episode was fine, but this one took a clear nosedive unfortunately. Which is a pity because the story is not bad.

Uneven pace that was rather too fast at points, and an incredibly questionable visual direction (Matoba making his way in and the scene of the chief being the clear lowlights). That comment above saying it seemed random as in made by an IA is not too far-fetched considering.

Hopefully it gets back to bearable in the next episodes.
UnowenJul 22, 2019 10:35 AM
Jul 22, 2019 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
RAF = Rushed as Fuck.
Jul 22, 2019 11:15 AM
Mar 2019
Wow, wonder what happened first two episodes had solid animation and scenes. This one looks like a cheap fake. Looks like they finished making the show and somebody said:
"Hey, guys where is ep 3? "
"Oh, sh****t, Johnny, you have 2 h!"
Hope this is only one episode like that. It would be so sad to drop it when the premise was so good.
Jul 22, 2019 11:18 AM
Apr 2015
AngryWeasel said:
Wow, wonder what happened first two episodes had solid animation and scenes. This one looks like a cheap fake. Looks like they finished making the show and somebody said:
"Hey, guys where is ep 3? "
"Oh, sh****t, Johnny, you have 2 h!"
Hope this is only one episode like that. It would be so sad to drop it when the premise was so good.

Why drop it ???

This show is so good
Jul 22, 2019 11:22 AM
Mar 2019
ziad1419 said:

Why drop it ???

This show is so good

It's good and I am fine if it was just one-time misstep, but if the rest of the show would be like that .... The quality went from quite a good show to almost Arifureta level.
Jul 22, 2019 11:36 AM
Dec 2018
Supposedly there is a drop in quality in this episode, although I did not see much of one. I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the plot resolution next episode. Good shit, and I am glad that I picked up this show.
Jul 22, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
Wow this ep took a quality drop. Animation was pretty poor, lot of directing cuts just seemed like lazy ways to reduce animating, all those powerpoint slides, plot itself went by so fast. I really do hope this was just a one-time thing because this show really has AoTS potential

OST though was as great as always
Jul 22, 2019 12:02 PM

Dec 2015
Great episode. Fast paced - but that is nice. (As long as you understand everything and get to like the chars - which is okay with not too many main chars.)

The voice acting was good. Grandmaster voice actor for Zelada guy proved again that he is just great. ;)

Didn't expect a twist with the chief getting revealed that fast ... and then he even got killed. So for now Zelada is the main enemy. (I guess they won't kill him that fast.)
Jul 22, 2019 12:04 PM
Dec 2017
I guess next few episodes will show if Berserk was just a misstep or this 2 good episodes is their cap.
Jul 22, 2019 12:10 PM

May 2015
Another decent episode. The plot twist was predicable but meh.

However the action scenes really confused me with how it kept moving around so quickly and the still images inbetween.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2019 12:28 PM
May 2011
To be honest animations of those fights were trash. I hope that it won't hit the bottom in downgrades through the whole series. As for the rest of episode and storytelling it was ok, or was supposed to be ok. As if their main quest was conquered just like that in mere 3 episodes, (maybe too quickly?) that's what I felt.
Jul 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Feb 2015
DarknessReality said:

However the action scenes really confused me with how it kept moving around so quickly and the still images inbetween.
point

Predictable? I had no idea the Cop Chief would be working for the enemy.

Some clear animation short cuts this episode which is a shame, that same d it was still much better than the majority of new shows this season.
Jul 22, 2019 12:51 PM

Sep 2017
i really enjoyed today's episode. i'm looking forward to the next! this anime is getting better and better!!
Jul 22, 2019 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
I expected the chief to be the client so I'm glad the reveal is already out of the way rather than being held for a long time.

I'm enjoying the verse and the story, but damn even though I usually don't give that much importance to animation quality, I have to admit that this is becoming quite catastrophic especially considering we're only at the third episode right now.
If this get any worse I may just stop the anime and wait to buy the novels instead; I'll gets the story, even more of the world building and won't have any problem with the animation that way~
Jul 22, 2019 1:20 PM

May 2018
Animation was just too rushed, even Tirana's panty flash wasn't good.
Jul 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Mar 2014
Wtf great anime ruined by director who cant make appropriate work schedules for the team. Resign yourself please.
Jul 22, 2019 1:23 PM

May 2015
Crashmatt said:
DarknessReality said:

point

Some clear animation short cuts this episode which is a shame, that same d it was still much better than the majority of new shows this season.

To me it was predictable cause literally every cop show or movie does this exact same plot twist where the man in charge is the one pulling the strings or working with the enemy.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2019 1:40 PM
Jan 2014
The episode was more of a powerpoint presentation than animation
Jul 22, 2019 1:42 PM

Sep 2018
Well, I think this episode was also pretty good) Glad this show is one of the few I actually have decided to watch this season..
Jul 22, 2019 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
Great plot and world-building this episode, but bad animation. I'm surprised Elbaji died already. I was expecting that to happen way later. Father O'Neill remains my favorite character.
Jul 22, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2015
well the animation definitely took a turn for the worse, hopefully it's a one off and not the studio remembering who they are. Still a good episode and by far my favorite show this season
Jul 22, 2019 1:55 PM

Jan 2017
Wow the animation dropped so hard from ep 1-2 I can't believe it, still a good episode with some interesting backstory.
Jul 22, 2019 1:57 PM
Jan 2018
The guy who is in charge for direction is Shin Itagaki, the same dude who was behind Berserk... The future doesn't look too bright. The story is pretty good tho.
FilipDespaJul 22, 2019 2:02 PM
Jul 22, 2019 2:04 PM

Oct 2012
Episodes 1 and 2 we're cool imo. And then episode 3 happened. Every time there was a picture of some scene for 1.5-2 seconds i thought the video was buffering. Ruined both immersion and enjoyment.

And then there were the fighting scenes. It seemed to me like the producers had no idea how to make fight scenes so they tried to cover it up with flashes, black shadows and weird shapes moving around.

Going to be dropping it in episode 5 if episode 4 doesn't improve.
Jul 22, 2019 2:08 PM
Mar 2015
Loved the way they took out too of the baddies from last week. The wizard looks like he is next level. interesting that she knows the fairy by name.. Now it is personal.

Jul 22, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2017
I really love this show so far, except episode 3's animations.
Jul 22, 2019 2:36 PM

Mar 2019
Apparently the good production only lasted to episode 2 anyway we knew that it was not going to last forever, but I did not imagine that it was so short, about the episode itself Meh.

They just straight up went into crazytown about six minutes into the episode and somehow managed to get worse by the second once there. The real antagonist is the police chief, who's going to hold Kei at gunpoint for five straight minutes while he explains that he was behind everything. Why? Well, he just loves terrorism that much.

The real real antagonist? The wizard? Well, out of goddamned nowhere, he drops the reveal "Hey, you know that massacre during the war you were in? Well, it was me!" First, dude, I'm pretty sure this is the first we've heard of a massacre. Hell, I'm pretty certain at no point was the existence of a war ever brought up. But this is I guess how they make it personal, because it wasn't personal before with the killing of his partner. Why did they even drag her to their secret base in the first place? And leave her to just cast a little fire spell that apparently torched the whole place in about two minutes? Couldn't invest in a single extinguisher? And then reveal that they knew all along that they were about to be raided by the cops but I guess decided to hang around anyway? Is this a parody? Am I being pranked? People were paid to write this.

Everyone involved in the production of this episode should feel embarrassed.
Jul 22, 2019 2:59 PM
Sep 2017
This one felt rushed and the animation was lackluster to say the minimum.
Jul 22, 2019 3:09 PM

Apr 2015
Shoji Gatoh is having terrible luck with adaptations of his works as of late. Which is shame. Shoji Gatoh is great writer. I feel like these subpar adaptations doesn't help him to reach success he deserve.

Granted production issues in this episode does not reach the depths of FMP: Invisible Victory and it has some interesting and bold directorial choices. However I didn't like the use of constant sharp cuts. It almost felt like some of the content was cut and it made some of the scenes that supposed to be tense feel anticlimactic.

Other then production values episode was not bad. Story was decent even if not most original stuff. I am surely continue to watch it.
Jul 22, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2011
Seems I'm not the only noticing the episode is a little rushed. I found the fight animations to be a lot of fun but I can see what people meant by the quality. This episode felt rush and I felt there was more plot. Can a manga reader for me calcify if they skipped something or not?

Overall, I think it was a solid episode.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 22, 2019 3:36 PM

Jun 2012
What the hell was this? The show was awesome up to now. There were a lot of still images in this episode, the fight scenes were really lacking, and a cool villain just got killed off already? That elf guy is in the OP and he's already dead in episode 3?

I didn't feel a thing about Roth betraying them. Roth firing at the elf girl should be really tense or emotional. None of it was animated and she just fell over.

I really hope the show improves a lot more after this, there was nothing wrong until this episode but everything just took a nosedive, both in animation and in writing.
Jul 22, 2019 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
Just wanting to see the world burn seems like a lazy motive, but it's an honest one.

But dat cliffhanger, tho >_>

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 22, 2019 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was a dud and not just because of the weaker production values. The chief's betrayal fell completely flat and the villains' motivation are one-note. The anime is down to average now for me.
Jul 22, 2019 4:38 PM
Nov 2009
Oh wow the animation in this episode was atrocious...
Jul 22, 2019 4:39 PM

Nov 2014
This show is like reading/watching the bullet points of an actual story.
Forum Signature
Jul 22, 2019 4:47 PM

Nov 2012
G0ldStark said:
Well, out of goddamned nowhere, he drops the reveal "Hey, you know that massacre during the war you were in? Well, it was me!" First, dude, I'm pretty sure this is the first we've heard of a massacre. Hell, I'm pretty certain at no point was the existence of a war ever brought up. But this is I guess how they make it personal, because it wasn't personal before with the killing of his partner.

Yep. Weird way to invest us in Kei's recollections of his time in the military.

Third episode and third time ending with a cliffhanger. This time the most important one. Will they succeed in stopping the mind control effect? Probably. But will the wizard get away? Probably.

Haven't seen Exedilika transforming like before but she was chanting and won the fight with some problems.

I am disappointed with fight scenes animation in this episode. They were rather poorly done overall, I hope for better in later episodes.

Exedilika and Kei left a huge number of fairies left to pursue the evil wizard, I hope they're going to be transported out by the police.

Pacing isn't the best, I think scenes tread could be brought about more consequently.
Jul 22, 2019 5:09 PM

Jan 2016
Aaaaand dropped. I really enjoyed the first two episodes, but man did this one kill a lot of what I liked about it. I was enjoying the somewhat slower police mystery with the intense action setpiece and slow growing closer of the two leads and then it felt like we jumped 3 episodes ahead and we're getting all this backstory and final encounters with characters we've barely met and sudden revelations that mean nothing to us. And that's before getting into the animation which the first time I saw those stills, I legitimately thought my video was buffering because of how jarring it was. So now the story blew its load to early and the animation has gone down the toilet, so at that point I think I'm done here. I would love for this show to turn itself around, but I'm swamped in shows this season and if this one is going to have an episode this bad in its first 3 episodes, I'm not staying.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jul 22, 2019 6:31 PM

Jan 2008
What the heck is going on with all those scene/screen transitions? Fight scenes looked pretty sloppy too, even for a tv anime.
Jul 22, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2009
Man the still frame action sucks ass, it's a real shame. This is the first time i've seen Renji Murata art given so little love :C

Well it's drawn fine, but the animation needs a lot of work. Maybe we'll see some major animation reworking from bluray releases. The show is remaining interesting albeit awkwardly paced at least, though we seem to have skipped forward in a lot of content or something suddenly jumping the gun on betrayals and vanquishing villains. I'll just have to wait and see if the show it gonna be good enough to rewatch.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 22, 2019 7:04 PM
May 2017
I'm starting to like the OP alot, its funky and just scream "Cop and Crime" (sorry I couldn't find a better word for it).

This episode was..somewhat disappointed me because of the amount of still shot, they're cutting corner alot, probably saving budget for something but looking at the quality of this episode make me sad.

Jul 22, 2019 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
something kept me from really liking this episode ,maybe because it felt like the final arc with the chief turning out bad and both him and the bad dude selling all these drugs just dying like that it happened so fast, plus the animation looking like it's missing some key in between's mixed in with random stills made it look worse than it actually was.
Jul 22, 2019 7:52 PM

Oct 2012
DarknessReality said:
Crashmatt said:
point

To me it was predictable cause literally every cop show or movie does this exact same plot twist where the man in charge is the one pulling the strings or working with the enemy.

Yeah, I've seen it at least 3 times before in anime and another 5 times in movies.
Still a decent episode barring the occasional switch from animation to web comic.
Jul 22, 2019 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
modboy said:
DarknessReality said:

Yeah, I've seen it at least 3 times before in anime and another 5 times in movies.
Still a decent episode barring the occasional switch from animation to web comic.

Pretty much the same - and if the show wasn't wearing it's influences on its sleeve enough, the title of the next episode is literally the name of the song that's used leading up to the climactic showdown from the pilot movie of Miami Vice ("Brother's Keeper")
Jul 22, 2019 8:05 PM

Oct 2015
Glad Tilarna is back with Kei!

I think there is a story there between Zelda and Kei, I can't wait to find out what its is! Finally they've found the creature, she looks interesting.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 22, 2019 8:21 PM

May 2017
really bad episode after the first 2. the characters were fine, but they blew through like 3 episodes of late game story in one. I CANT BELIEVE THEY USED THE "CHIEF WAS IN ON IT" CLICHE THIS EARLY ffs.

aside from the story, the editing was so choppy. still frame shortcuts in every fight. characters sliding across the screen when they're feet aren't visible. the camera whipping around like crazy. backgrounds not staying consistent.

the only thing that'll be bringing me back for ep.4 is the waifu and the hope that ep.4 gets things back to normal. who knows, maybe they lost the footage for ep. 3 and had to redo it in a few days.
Jul 22, 2019 8:47 PM

Jun 2010
Another good episode. Clearly the chief of police knew something, but not that he was a traitor.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.