Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Things you find problematic/annoying/weird with the story so far? (not a bait)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 16, 2019 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
Sometimes your opinions fail when you start connecting it into reality. This series is clearly supposed to be a fun sci-fi series. To overthink things like that is really out of place.
Jul 16, 2019 6:58 PM

Jan 2017
>over analyzing an over the top show with a ridiculous premise that doesn't take itself too seriously

Never change mal

I would have taken these complaints seriously if the show is serious but it clearly isn't.
Jul 16, 2019 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
I was quite positive with a dose of skepticism at first as well, but later I reminded myself that it is a shounen. And as a shounen those inaccuracies really are not a big thing. They might look sometimes quite dumb in the eyes of adult viewers, but once again - it is a shounen. I know some people used it as the most significant argument which could annoy many of those who disagreeded, but that's how it is. Would you be angry at teens complaining about boring or cringy plot of a seinen anime, even if it was a show about dunno, existentialism with its elements taken 100% seriously and presented in a proper way for older viewers?
Jul 16, 2019 8:18 PM

Mar 2019
MakoChoppo said:
Is this your first anime

Manga Stats
Days: 8.9
Mean Score: 7.91

Reading
Completed
On-Hold
Dropped
Plan to Read

Total Entries15
Reread0
Chapters1,601
Volumes92

What is your point?
no lie
Jul 17, 2019 11:18 PM

Dec 2008
If you think there are problems with the story now, just keep watching. It is gonna get WAY worse lol. If anything the first couple episodes are actually pretty good and make sense, relatively speaking of course.
Jul 18, 2019 5:16 AM
Nov 2015
MoodBooster said:
MakoChoppo said:
Is this your first anime

Manga Stats

Reading
Completed
On-Hold
Dropped
Plan to Read

Total Entries15
Reread0
Chapters1,601
Volumes92

What is your point?

y did u post the man's manga stats when u were talking ab anime
is it perhaps bc he actually has much more anime watched than u
Jul 18, 2019 5:16 AM
Nov 2015
MoodBooster said:
MakoChoppo said:
Is this your first anime

Manga Stats

Reading
Completed
On-Hold
Dropped
Plan to Read

Total Entries15
Reread0
Chapters1,601
Volumes92

What is your point?

Jul 18, 2019 3:41 PM

Feb 2010
Honestly, this show is interesting but as a lot of people are making it clear, this show is SHOUNEN which is meant to appeal to a younger audience. So perhaps the 'plot holes' or explanations people demand are purposely left out simply because it would not appeal to most people to be honest. They could care less (at least most) they want something exciting. There are moments where ideas of perhaps dealing with the medical...even psychological effects of being trapped in stone for so long, even specific details in establishing a civilization, exploring topics such as sociology IS interesting to me, yes, to a younger audience probably not. I think they have done a pretty good job including these elements, however, even though it is a sprinkle I appreciate the thought gone into it.

Even the cast itself is pretty ridiculous. So far we have this...genius scientist who is literally a 'convenient' encylopedia of knowledge and this...'greatest primate' is not quite normal. Tbh, if those two were not there I highly doubt anyone would be left to build the civilization. Personally, I don't think this show was ever trying to be very realistic from the start especially considering this bizarre plot. While I do admit I wish it explored topics that would be more intended for mature audiences, some shows purposely stray from that in order to create a more entertaining show, and understandably. When you focus on certain elements it honestly becomes saturated with content and you risk losing the interest of your audience as most people watch for entertainment. At the cost of realism, yes, because it's what sells and it is marketed as.

I am skeptical as some sci-fi series honestly just make it all fun and games where I literally think it HAS TO BE a joke on purpose (looking at you Kakumeiki Valvrave), but I have high hopes.
EarlCielJul 18, 2019 3:45 PM
Jul 20, 2019 8:59 AM

Sep 2012
Those points I all thought of as well. But after watching the first couple episodes and seeing how illogical and unrealistic, it seems to be much more focused on the FI rather than the SI in si-fi. Plus with all the comedy I don't think this anime is really meant to be taken seriously in the first place. At least I won't. I hope it's being a joke on purpose.
Jul 20, 2019 1:53 PM

Mar 2012
Phantom24 said:
AzorAhai said:
1) Stone humans still lying around on the surface:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")

100% agree, the only likeable character as of now is Senku, Taiju is obnoxious but not in a likeable way as with Asta from BC. TBH way overhyped and not as good as anime like Vinland or Fire Force.

Fire Force is a pretty bad manga, the animation hide it right now but how long the illusion will survive ?
Don't like the manga for Stone too. Not that bad, but annoying.
Vinland is awesome tho.
Jul 21, 2019 2:36 PM

Oct 2018
MehmetY said:
Well it's a shounen you know, don't expect a logical plot.

Yeah, so is AoT. What is your point?

Jul 21, 2019 4:23 PM

Oct 2016
Particularly, the last episode had some points that made me uncomfortable.

First, the fact that Tsukasa has already become a villain. Although the previous episode gave us hints that this was going to happen, I was expecting he would keep cooperating with Senkuu to awake other people and only fight each other later in the show.

Second, the way Yuzuriha reacted after awakening. She accepted the situation way too quick, without getting desperate about the fact that she's in a stone world. All we get is a little flashback in the 'Budda' scene, but still felt way too unrealistic.

Third, unfortunately it seems Taiju is turning into a bland comic relief character. At first, it was interesting that he did not understand what was going on so Senkuu could explain it to the viewers, but the way he behaved in this episode really made him look like a clueless idiot.

Last but not least, how the hell Tsukasa figured out they faked their escape and were planning to build a weapon? Again, it felt unrealistic.

That being said, I don't know what to expect from the series now. I though the main objective was to awake other people and rebuild civilization, but now it seems they'll focus on finding a way to stop Tsukasa... I hope they don't take too long to get rid of him.
Jul 21, 2019 8:17 PM
Jun 2019
How is it that there are humans on the inside of the stone statues once the fluid has been applied but if you smash them open it is just stone inside.

This really annoys me when I watch but I still love it so far.
Jul 22, 2019 2:08 AM

Aug 2015
I decided to check out what was the fuss about after checking out forums [feels like people are people really dividend in int]regarding this series.After reading 20+ chapter i can safely conclude this series is clearly aimed towards very very young audience[5th or 6th grade audience].This manga is very simple even for shounen standard and it is very unapologetic about it.They pretty much seal love interest,friendship,bromance,etc from chapter 1.Not a bad thing i am just not a right audience for it i can clearly see young people enjoying it.After reading manga and this thread i can't help but to laugh that some people are taking this too seriously like way too seriously.
ultravigoJul 22, 2019 2:14 AM
Jul 22, 2019 3:18 AM

Jun 2013
I guess the lack of people breaking down, crying their fucking hearts out because they were encased in stone for 3,700 years lol

MC woke up like, "Yep, I'm going to explore." Would've loved to see him and some other characters curl up into a fetus first and rock themselves for comfort before getting their shit together.
BibimbapskiJul 22, 2019 8:12 PM
臭い-
Jul 22, 2019 8:18 AM

Feb 2017
stop over analyzing anything, the concept of this anime is really great, unique and if we think about it, this series is hard to make but and it is amazing we can see something like this

@AzorAhai sorry but your taste is shit like all anime ratings

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 22, 2019 11:04 AM

Nov 2013
Hafexo said:
Just stop looking for problematic/annoying/weird things in such show - watch and enjoy

Seriously I sometimes think that people only want nitpicking

about your question no.3

Dont you notice that this is made into slight comedy? And what kind of personality have MC?
Jeez just use your fucking brain sometimes

Just because you are brainlessly consuming whatever is put in front of you doesn't mean others shouldn't criticize it.
"It's just comedy" isn't an excuse for everything that is illogical in anime or any other media (by the way, what the hell is "slight comedy"? Lmao). And getting personal wasn't necessary.
I really hope you are trolling.

v_max said:
I don't get it. You have rated Promised Neverland a 10/10. But you didn't have any problems with <12 year old kids being super smart or even worse how does
, It is a very fictional thing which you can find only in Anime and seemed weird to me personally.

It's not exclusively fictional, just exaggerated. Your lack of knowledge doesn't mean something doesn't exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_child_prodigies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia
Sincerely, another person that rated The Promised Neverland a 10/10.
XelithJul 22, 2019 11:21 AM
Jul 22, 2019 12:05 PM
Jun 2019

I am aware of what Hyperthymesia is(saw it in the Discovery channel once). The way I remember it is a person starts to keep complete record of everything after a certain point in time.The trigger in one case was a baseball hitting a person's head.If you look at all cases, they all remember things after 10 years or 11 years old or something like that.There is no case of a person obtaining the symptom from birth or very soon after.Hyperthymestic syndrome is not fully understood yet and scientists are researching about it.The question of whether you can contract the syndrome before a certain age is very significant because the human anatomical development is in different stages.
It is very much possible that it can happen anytime Irl.But as it is right now it exists only in the fictional realm because there are several questions that scientists are still trying to answer.
When Jules Verne wrote his 'From the earth to the moon' the concept itself was purely fictional but very soon man did make it to the moon Irl.If you go back in time to 1900, people will think you are high on drugs if you talk about modern quantum mechanical phenomena.

I don't mind the criticism.There is a thing called 'Setting' of the show.I just wish people took the time to let the show explain it's setting before criticizing it.Sci-fi is more of a secondary theme and what the show is going for is not 'realisitic' elements.Lot of people saying 'it's just shounen'.I'll admit they should be more elaborate but what they are trying to say is that there are shounen like Deathnote or AoT which have more realistic elements which appeal to the older audience more while at the same time there are kiddy shounen like Fairy Tail.The age group that is being targeted is 8-16 yrs primarily.Why don't we all have threads about the scientific accuracy of Doraemon if that's the case?
This show uses 'Science' as a weapon or tool just like how other shows use 'Magic'(which I am sure <13yrs old wouldn't care about the difference between the two). The only problem I see here is people confusing what the show is trying to achieve and their own personal preferences.I am a science student myself and it is really cringy when someone says '10 billion percent' or 'gasoline is just a polymer with the ends cut off' but I don't complain because they are all consistent in what the show is primarily trying to achieve(a.k.a a show for kids/teenagers).
Jul 22, 2019 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
v_max said:

I am aware of what Hyperthymesia is(saw it in the Discovery channel once). The way I remember it is a person starts to keep complete record of everything after a certain point in time.The trigger in one case was a baseball hitting a person's head.If you look at all cases, they all remember things after 10 years or 11 years old or something like that.There is no case of a person obtaining the symptom from birth or very soon after.Hyperthymestic syndrome is not fully understood yet and scientists are researching about it.The question of whether you can contract the syndrome before a certain age is very significant because the human anatomical development is in different stages.
It is very much possible that it can happen anytime Irl.But as it is right now it exists only in the fictional realm because there are several questions that scientists are still trying to answer.
When Jules Verne wrote his 'From the earth to the moon' the concept itself was purely fictional but very soon man did make it to the moon Irl.If you go back in time to 1900, people will think you are high on drugs if you talk about modern quantum mechanical phenomena.

I don't mind the criticism.There is a thing called 'Setting' of the show.I just wish people took the time to let the show explain it's setting before criticizing it.Sci-fi is more of a secondary theme and what the show is going for is not 'realisitic' elements.Lot of people saying 'it's just shounen'.I'll admit they should be more elaborate but what they are trying to say is that there are shounen like Deathnote or AoT which have more realistic elements which appeal to the older audience more while at the same time there are kiddy shounen like Fairy Tail.The age group that is being targeted is 8-16 yrs primarily.Why don't we all have threads about the scientific accuracy of Doraemon if that's the case?
This show uses 'Science' as a weapon or tool just like how other shows use 'Magic'(which I am sure <13yrs old wouldn't care about the difference between the two). The only problem I see here is people confusing what the show is trying to achieve and their own personal preferences.I am a science student myself and it is really cringy when someone says '10 billion percent' or 'gasoline is just a polymer with the ends cut off' but I don't complain because they are all consistent in what the show is primarily trying to achieve(a.k.a a show for kids/teenagers).

Yeah, which is why I said it was exaggerated. It's an existing condition, but it's definitely been reimagined.
I get that, and I wasn't actually criticizing Dr. Stone at any point nor agreeing with OP, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't point out what he thought was wrong with the show because he should "just watch it". What grinds my gears is people excusing every single mistake and inconsistency "because it's comedy", "don't like it don't watch it", "just enjoy it as it is". We are all humans and we can think for a reason, and that sometimes leads to certain conclusions. You can't say a show isn't bad just because it's shounen or comedy. There's good and poorly done shounen, too. I personally think Dr. Stone is... okay? It's definitely not a masterpiece and doesn't deserve the attention it's getting, but it does its job too.
Jul 22, 2019 12:28 PM
Jun 2019
Xelith said:
]
Yeah, which is why I said it was exaggerated. It's an existing condition, but it's definitely been reimagined.
I get that, and I wasn't actually criticizing Dr. Stone at any point nor agreeing with OP. What grinds my gears is people excusing every single mistake and inconsistency "because it's comedy", "don't like it don't watch it", "just enjoy it as it is". We are all humans and we can think for a reason, and that sometimes leads to certain conclusions. You can't say a show isn't bad just because it's shounen or comedy. There's good and poorly done shounen, too. I personally think Dr. Stone is... okay? It's definitely not a masterpiece and doesn't deserve the attention it's getting, but it does its job too.

When you just slap a link like that,it can be easy to misinterpret what you want to say.That said I also gave single-lined replies earlier.Yeah I agree with you.Two types of people in this thread here: 1)It's just a shounen comedy. 2.)The show is unrealistic for a Sci-fi
Personally I hate both of them equally and things would be much better if people could have long neutral discussions instead of shoving their tastes and biased opinions in people's asses.
Jul 22, 2019 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
v_max said:
Xelith said:
]
I get that, and I wasn't actually criticizing Dr. Stone at any point nor agreeing with OP. What grinds my gears is people excusing every single mistake and inconsistency "because it's comedy", "don't like it don't watch it", "just enjoy it as it is". We are all humans and we can think for a reason, and that sometimes leads to certain conclusions. You can't say a show isn't bad just because it's shounen or comedy. There's good and poorly done shounen, too. I personally think Dr. Stone is... okay? It's definitely not a masterpiece and doesn't deserve the attention it's getting, but it does its job too.

When you just slap a link like that,it can be easy to misinterpret what you want to say.That said I also gave single-lined replies earlier.Yeah I agree with you.Two types of people in this thread here: 1)It's just a shounen comedy. 2.)The show is unrealistic for a Sci-fi
Personally I hate both of them equally and things would be much better if people could have long neutral discussions instead of shoving their tastes and biased opinions in people's asses.

Ah, I think you read that before I edited it. My bad.
I agree with that, this was supposed to be a discussion and honestly I was really disappointed reading this thread.

Bibimbapski said:
I guess the lack of people breaking down, crying their fucking hearts out because they were encased in stone for 3,700 years lol

MC woke up like, "Yep, I'm going to explore." Would've loved to see him and some other characters curl up into a fetus first and rock themselves for comfort because getting their shit together.

I agree one hundred percent. That being said, I expected this show to be more mature than it really was, so that's probably my fault.
XelithJul 22, 2019 12:35 PM
Jul 22, 2019 1:14 PM

May 2016
Every character is annoying. The character design is awful. The whole "stone thing" is not consistent. First, they depicted it as the stone is just a thin coverage, like and egg, which can break, and then you are free. Later, when the muscular guy killed the people (by crushing them apart), there whole body was dense stone... Makes no sense at all.

The scientific part makes no sense too, which is weird, since the series pretends to be "sooo scientific", and Senku "will beat fantasy with science". Since everybody became stoneman, there were nobody to maintain the nuclear power plants, which should have been melted down by the time. By natural disasters, nature destroyed all buildings too, so radioactive materials should have go outside from the reactor cores. This means that the whole planet should be a nuclear wasteland after 3700 years...

The pacing is terrible, the characters get over on every problems immediately. They behavior is not realistic at all.

Literally everything is wrong in this piece of shit so far.
-
Jul 23, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
It's entertaining enough, but if you take even a second to think about any of it, everything seems so dumb. Especially the characters so quickly accepting that they've been encased in stone for thousands of years. I'm fine accepting some things as fantasy (like nuclear reactors mentioned in a previous reply etc) just to make for an entertaining story but it's just so stupid.
Jul 23, 2019 11:17 PM

Feb 2016
Why are you thinking this hard about a cartoon depicting a fantasy world?
Jul 23, 2019 11:36 PM

Nov 2013
OneNaughtyBear said:
because some people enjoy thinking hard maybe? Is it so hard to figure that out on your own?
Jul 24, 2019 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
sh1nobu said:
MoodBooster said:

Manga Stats

Reading
Completed
On-Hold
Dropped
Plan to Read

Total Entries15
Reread0
Chapters1,601
Volumes92

What is your point?

BYEEEE THIS IS SENDING MEEEE

You’re spilling the tea
Jul 26, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2016
OneNaughtyBear said:

Because the show ITSELF declared that "I will beat fantasy with SCIENCE"

And the fact that the planet shouldn't be like that as in the show after 3700 years without humans is not fantasy. It's science.

Plus, a good fantasy world has rules, and it is consistent with itself. While Dr. Stone already has incostistencies
-
Jul 26, 2019 8:24 AM

Sep 2018
Well this show is for sure very far from being realistic and thats why i think its kinda bad, i mean you take a setting thats meant to be realistic and take it to absurdity.
Jul 26, 2019 9:17 AM
Jan 2018
the series was unrealistic from the get go , so why are people so surprised thats its not realistic just because it uses science doesn't automatically make it realistic ,

Jul 26, 2019 1:16 PM

Feb 2012
I honestly don't get the appeal of the show either. Seems incredibly standard shounen to me. I can get my shounen-fix from Fire force, and that one at least has some eye-candy animation.
Jul 26, 2019 2:06 PM
Apr 2016
I only find the fancy hair/eye colors "problematic," I just find it annoying how unrealistic it is.
Jul 26, 2019 3:47 PM
Nov 2016
Wtf do you guys want with the all unrealistic complaining? On Sci-fi? Are you serious? Why even watch fiction specially anime if you seek realistic setting? Maybe that's the time to give anime a stop and watch something else.

But ok I'll take the bait and have a little "discussion" on pointless sci-fi fiction:

1 - Let's play your game then, everybody is underground buried, a fossil, period. So what? every human being extincted, the end! You see what I'm doing? Let the author play with his fiction dude, maybe it's some magic stone, maybe the gravity somewhat maintain the petrified at earth level, just try to enjoy the ride without nitpicking useless details in sci-fi anime.

2- Yuzuhira didn't remember Taijus confession even while petrified, who guarantees Senku mistaken reality with some delusional state? Of course it's impossible to remain conscious after 3000 years, actually it's not because Senku said that's the perfect time set. Again, taking everything throw at you in fiction literally is just embarrassing to even try to discuss this.

3- Taiju is stupid and love the girl, so what? Tropey characters exist like water in the ocean in anime, your assumptions are based on episode 1, but you see, so far he already showed so many sides like believing in his friends, helping them to survive, respect Yuzuriha feelings and not confessing, the guy have heart and really is aware of his "role" in the stone world - be the "do it guy" while having the "brain guy trying to restore civilization", you're just been nitpicking again after 1 episode (and probably realized you're wrong after 4 episodes).

As for Senku, he just used a game as an analogy, again you're taking everything throw at you literally. The guy loves science, will revive everybody he can so the society can be established again. He cares about each human being life enough as to oppose a dictator that wants to rule the world by his logic by the wrong means, even if his morals are for the "greater good". How Senku a mindless "ruler" of the world when he honestly seeks to give every human being an opportunity to live again?

Bait taken, troll feeded
DimmuOliJul 26, 2019 3:50 PM
Jul 26, 2019 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
AzorAhai said:
1) Stone humans still lying around on the surface:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")

MC is the scientist guy, not the one trying to bone his GF as you put it.
Jul 26, 2019 9:52 PM

Oct 2017
Senku counting every second in order of figuring out in which day/month/ season of the year he would wake up

like... bitch, seriously? SERIOUSLY? SE RI OUS LY???? S E R I O U S L Y? SERIOUSTHEFUCKINGLY?
I don't even know where to begin... like, didn't anyone actually consider that maybe, just MAYBE the climate (and the seasons) would change at least a little bit in 3700 years? Specially considering the sudden lack of human activity in the world?
Jul 26, 2019 11:14 PM

Mar 2012
I agree with OP and to add to it:
1. One guy counting every second for 3000+ years and another living out sheer will power was the most annoying part of the series.
2. We see some of these petrified people breaking and what is inside is again stone not flesh and bones and yet when they pour alcohol the upper layer breaks and a living being comes out, that's really weird.
3. It took over 3000+ years for the stone layer to naturally break and for those two to come out but when they make alcohol and pour barely enough to even cover the face the entire stone just breaks up in a matter of few seconds, so much for science.
4. Conveniently some parts of their accessories were preserved like the long haired guy's hair ties or the girls headphones, how did that happen!?
Maou_heikaJul 26, 2019 11:29 PM
Jul 27, 2019 3:58 AM
Jan 2018
Mullerio said:
Well this show is for sure very far from being realistic and thats why i think its kinda bad, i mean you take a setting thats meant to be realistic and take it to absurdity.

when did it say it was realistic
Jul 27, 2019 4:02 AM

Nov 2013
@DimmuOli
Wtf do you guys want with the all unrealistic complaining? On Sci-fi? Are you serious? Why even watch fiction specially anime if you seek realistic setting? Maybe that's the time to give anime a stop and watch something else.
For the hundreds time I and other people mentioned here, just because we're dealing with fiction/sci-fi, doesn't mean "realism" is out of the question and the story should never be discussed or taken seriously. Counter "are you serious?" question to you mate. Can you tell me what defines a GOOD sci-fi, and why we have shitty sci-fi and legendary sci-fi movies?

Have you ever seen "Star Wars" series? With so called "space wizards", droids, lasers and shit? Recent trilogy is the best example of poor writing and why people are complaining about REALISM thrown under the rug in the series. Example:If a spaceship suddenly becomes a super-fast space bullet, it DESTROYS realism established in the said universe and becomes DUMB and unrealistic. Same goes to "space fuel" suddenly being a thing, and lighstaber being simple medieval swords that happen to glow with different colors.

Every sci-fi has rules it HAS to obey in order to be taken seriously, otherwise we have a comedy show for kids, or abominations like "mortal engines"; and you won't see me discussing realism in comedy shows for kids, or abominations like "mortal engines" that are rightfully rated low and NOT taken seriously. Dr.Stone has no "comedy" attached to it. It's a shounen and thus it has absurdities, like the one we see in episode 2 with the super fast, super strong, super agile new character that is ridiculously good at being the "Alpha male" lol. But the problem with me is not the character traits, but, as @Sheevpalpatine mentioned, this:

Because the show ITSELF declared that "I will beat fantasy with SCIENCE"

And the fact that the planet shouldn't be like that as in the show after 3700 years without humans is not fantasy. It's science.

Plus, a good fantasy world has rules, and it is consistent with itself. While Dr. Stone already has incostistencies

Now before i go any further, the point of the thread is to discuss and THINK. If you find it a waste of time, why write so much? to "feed the troll"? lol? Don't go all tsundere please. "it's not like i want to discuss or anything, baka!" and then writes an essay. You did that, because you have brains and THINK, no need to be shy about it. It's not wrong to state your opinion.

1 - Let's play your game then, everybody is underground buried, a fossil, period. So what? every human being extincted, the end! You see what I'm doing? Let the author play with his fiction dude, maybe it's some magic stone, maybe the gravity somewhat maintain the petrified at earth level, just try to enjoy the ride without nitpicking useless details in sci-fi anime.
I see what you mean. If the show is realistic, all the humans are either broken or buried, the story has no "continue button" thus the anime doesn't happen. I understand, but AGAIN, nobody said that we expect 100% realism in a fiction. If it establishes unrealistic rules, i will be ok with them, as long as it "doesn't cross the line" and thus can't be taken seriously or when it becomes ABSURD and stupid. Main character miraculously surviving and staying "afloat" is one of those moments that I'd not discuss, since that happens for the sake of the plot. The biggest "TURN OFF" is the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are "afloat" as well, after 3700 years! It would have been fine if there were SOME people around. If author of the story tells us that only main characters survived, that becomes stupid as well, but the anime clearly crossed the line with the number of people still lying around and that's something that simply couldn't be glossed over, no matter how you try to justify with "it's a fiction bruh..." "argument". For an anime that wants to explain things with science and says that "magic is out of the window", seeing how science is already thrown out of the window for the sake of "convenience" in the first episode is kind of disappointing, hence this thread, that is not a hate thread, and is a bait only to easily triggered and stupid people. No matter how "pointless" it is to discuss sci-fi, if people want to discuss, they will, because they can - NO - HARM - IS - DONE! Get over it...

2- Yuzuhira didn't remember Taijus confession even while petrified, who guarantees Senku mistaken reality with some delusional state? Of course it's impossible to remain conscious after 3000 years, actually it's not because Senku said that's the perfect time set. Again, taking everything throw at you in fiction literally is just embarrassing to even try to discuss this.
lol and you basically build your own assumption to give "realism" to the show that clearly lacks it, but instead of saying "that's unrealistic", you better make baseless assumptions and tell me that i should also make baseless assumption in order to explain things the show failed to explain because of poor writing or poor execution! - That makes you sound like a mad fanboy, You say that Senku didn't actually stay conscious for all the 3700 years. So you are basically taking the sci-fi seriously after all and say it's unrealistic in your opinion for a fictional shounen character to stay conscious all the time? In shounen, where a teenager one-shots a lion with a freaking fist and catches birds mid-air, you seriously going to doubt another teens ability to stay conscious for 3700 years (not a second missed)? And then complain about people complaining about realism in sci-fi? ok...
I'd say Senku DID stay conscious for 3700 years because the plot tells you so and you're left with no room for doubts. what counter arguments do you have to deny that? only assumptions.

It all comes down to POOR EXECUTION. Despite absurdities like counting every second for 3700 years, the story could've executed characters better, like they did with Yuzuriha who was dumbstruck, confused and emotional as she woke up and realized where and WHEN she woke up. 3700 years is not a joke. The story would have been more REALISTIC if it had HANDFUL of stone people "afloat", while MAJORITY is buried underground. The story could and would've made an exception, allowing Main characters to be the "exceptions", i don't know why realism would be questioned at that point. I'm sure Senku will one day propose that "we should start digging" to find people who are buried underground since 3700 years passed and that's a logical thing to do!

In terms of character realism, if you've read my first post carefully, you'd see that my complaints were 1)stone people lying around 2)character staying sane and them being OK with civilization gone and 3700 years passing as if "whatever". It completely lacked emotion, something that was perfectly executed with Yuzuriha. IT'S A SHOUNEN, but if character PERSONALITIES are unrealistic, you DON'T take them seriously. If the story doesn't take itself seriously - why should i take it seriously. In the end, why should i rate the show above average, if it isn't serious. Is Dr.Stone a joke anime in your opinion? It doesn't seem like it sees itself so.

As for the characters, once again see the original post where i clearly state 3)things i found annoying. This is simply a personal opinion that isn't universal, isn't a fact, and not a complaint about realism - just an opinion about thing i personally found annoying, because we all have different tastes and shit.

If you don't know what nitpicking is, let me demonstrate. Yuzuriha was butt-naked, just like every stone-person is. Yet she had and still has those headphones on her. Discussing something that trivial would indeed be nitpicking. Discussing core elements of the show that are CONFUSING at best, is not. There's a reason why i'm not asking for the show to explain wtf the green light is or how it's impossible for people to survive after getting stoned, or why people and some birds are turned to stone and not other animals. What people criticize here is not pointless, and people using "it's just a shounen" or "it's just a fiction" - as a "counter" is a lazy way of saying "why people waste their time on nothing, while i'm doing nothing by stating that they do nothing" or "why people think when you can just turn off your brain and munch on popcorn while staring at the screen"
Sigmar-UnberogenJul 27, 2019 4:33 AM
Jul 27, 2019 4:19 AM

Sep 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Mullerio said:

"One fateful day, all of humanity was petrified by a blinding flash of light. After several millennia, high schooler Taiju awakens and finds himself lost in a world of statues. However, he’s not alone! His science-loving friend Senku’s been up and running for a few months and he's got a grand plan in mind—to kickstart civilization with the power of science!"

Thats one epic synopsis..as you could asume by that synopsis this is a serious show.

The show still takes place on you know it....planet earth and planet earth has some proven rules for humans like you and me....maybe heard about gravity and shit.

I forgive some unrealistic themes,scenes or even concepts in almost every show but almost everything in Dr.Stone is dumb unrealistic, dude counting for 3700 years, Characters staying sane, Main dudes basicically forgot about family, some highschooler fighting lions and flying. Of course these are only examples but i hope you get the point.

If you build up a unrealistic world at least take it serious and treat it with some realistic themes, dont take it to absurdity.

In comparison even Walking dead is a realistic and good show taking place in apocalyptic world.
-Mullerio-Jul 27, 2019 4:25 AM
Jul 27, 2019 4:21 AM

Nov 2013
Mattinator95 said:
Mullerio said:

-_- oh boy...
To start with:
It's an anime - thus it isn't realistic.
It's a shounen - thus it isn't realistic. we agree on these, but:

It's an anime, it's a shounen, but it uses realistic Japan as a setting. In this fictional shounen/anime version of Japan, nature and the world obeys rules of our real world. The fiction uses REAL world as a base, thus we EXPECT it to stay at least CLOSE to realism as possible since the story itself never hints anything else. In Dr.Stone, the only unrealistic thing that happens (for us, viewers), has to be the green light that turns people to stone. The story makes it clear that people turning to stone was unrealistic in this fictional Japan, yet it happened, thus the event stays UNREAL to us viewers, but it becomes realistic for the world of Dr.Stone, and we're ok with it, since it's an anime/fiction/shounen. If the story suddenly introduces magical creatures and dragons - the show that is supposed to be REALISTIC, becomes stupid and absurd, because dragons and magic are things that are UNREALISTIC even in this fictional world of Dr.Stone. Do you get my point and the point of this thread by now?
Jul 27, 2019 4:50 AM
Nov 2016
Dude we know that the sane part is BS, people on surface is BS and a guy fucking one hit stones and a lion with one punch is BS (Yo Saitama), but I mean after the Tsukasa tried to one hit the dumb dude and he didn't even broke his arm, why should I give a fuck?

The only conclusion for the sane part, strength and stone is that this green light imbues the characters with something that does not relate to the irl world. As long as the petrification isn't a natural effect but fantasy or whatever, every point execpt for the statues at earth surface could be justified.

Senku didn't go mental because with his high IQ the petrification process enhances his brain to the point of him conquering his brain or shit like that. Tsukasa was already strong before now the petrification enhances his strength. The dumb guy was ripped, now the green light enhanced his toughness. You get it now? you are right in contesting stuff but it's useless when the green light factor was in stage.
Jul 27, 2019 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
@DimmuOli
The only conclusion for the sane part, strength and stone is that this green light imbues the characters with something that does not relate to the irl world. As long as the petrification isn't a natural effect but fantasy or whatever, every point execpt for the statues at earth surface could be justified.
It's not a conclusion though, but an assumption. I'm ok with justifying any type of unrealistic nonsense, as long as it's explained and executed properly; Instead of "it happened, because it happened - the end!" kind of explanation.

Senku didn't go mental because with his high IQ the petrification process enhances his brain to the point of him conquering his brain or shit like that. Tsukasa was already strong before now the petrification enhances his strength. The dumb guy was ripped, now the green light enhanced his toughness. You get it now? you are right in contesting stuff but it's useless when the green light factor was in stage.
By that logic, the green light enhanced sanity of both Senku and Ooki (dumb guy), since none of them did go insane; that would explain why Tsukasa is so ridiculously tough, but there's no reason to believe that any of them were enhanced; other than "that has to be it, because what else?". Since it's a shounen, and we saw how smart Senku was before the green light, i find it hard to believe that enhancement even happened, thus i doubt that the green light enhancement helped prevent him going insane. Senku is just as smart, Tsukasa is just as tough, Ooki is just as strong - the story hasn't provided anything for me to doubt that yet. The story handled Yuzuhara and Tsukasa better. The two were apparently "asleep" and didn't feel the time passing - so it's understandable why they keep their sanity, though only Yuzuhara was seen showing perfectly normal human emotions after realization finally hit her as she saw the Buddha statue.
Jul 27, 2019 6:09 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked

Has seen plenty of baiting and abuse and will only continue to get derailed
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.