Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 22, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That bite lol

Yue's vampiric nature is showing. Not a fan of the CGI stuff. The fight itself was just awkward and inconsistent. Not that I had expected much anyway but it could of been better. Looks like the episode focused more on Hajime and Yue's adventure together.

The plant monster they faced had some weird abilities...
Jul 22, 2019 8:01 AM

Mar 2017
Wanted to watch that ep before work but it doesn't seems out yet, how did you watch it??
Jul 22, 2019 8:35 AM
Aug 2017
that cgi scorpion monster was ruined in this anime and good episode only
Jul 22, 2019 8:39 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty meh......

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Jul 22, 2019 9:13 AM

Oct 2018
I think I have cgi-arachnophobia now
Jul 22, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2016
The CGI was terrible lol, the whole episode was bonding between the MC and Yue. Rn the anime looks like the basic isekai anime idk if they skipped some stuff since i havent read the LN. Overall i guess the episode was good.
Jul 22, 2019 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode, I guess.

Loved it how Yue was casually drinking Hajime's blood every time like it was nothing.

Jul 22, 2019 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
This is for sure the best episode so far. The most enjoyable for me at least. I love that Yue and Hajime have some kind of chemistry and teamwork from the very start.

Yue just casually snacking on Hajime during their travel was kinda funny.

Also the first rule of bad CGI scorpion - we don't talk about bad CGI scorpion.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2019 9:56 AM

Dec 2017
I'm somewhere between ironically enjoying this show and unironically enjoying it right now. It's so stupid and goofy, but it's so un-pretentious about that goofiness that I can't help but feel endeared to it regardless.
Jul 22, 2019 9:57 AM
Oct 2018
Now i know how the megane guy in A Sister all you need feel about his adaptation lmaooo
Jul 22, 2019 10:00 AM

May 2010
my god is this show dogshit
Jul 22, 2019 10:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well it's certainly getting better at least, since you know, they're actually gradually explaining shit about how they got here and stuff now. Doesn't feel like as much of an incoherent mess anymore

That said it's still hardly anything impressive and the CGI is even worse, but at least I can say that there's hope for it, which is something I didn't feel like there was after the opening episode
Jul 22, 2019 10:41 AM
Oct 2017
Mythologically said:
If this is a horrible adaptation, the LN must be the best thing ever made by humans

can you explain to me how starting off the episode with hajime freshly wounded and not showing how he was wounded, but then cutting immediately to a flashback of inciting incident that happened 5 seconds prior to the start of the episode was more beneficial to the narrative than showing the events sequentially?
Jul 22, 2019 10:47 AM
Oct 2017
Mythologically said:
bitchassdarius said:

can you explain to me how starting off the episode with hajime freshly wounded and not showing how he was wounded, but then cutting immediately to a flashback of inciting incident that happened 5 seconds prior to the start of the episode was more beneficial to the narrative than showing the events sequentially?

if you're talking about the start of this episode, he got hit with those spikes at the end of episode 2 you clown

alright, so can you answer the question or no?
Jul 22, 2019 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
outside of the terrible god awful looking CG scorpion...this episode was fine. which is not saying much
Jul 22, 2019 11:06 AM
Mar 2018
Well its quite a good Episode even if the CGI is a little meh but the animation and everything is already good.
Jul 22, 2019 11:07 AM

Jan 2017
Can't even laugh at how bad that CGI is...
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Jul 22, 2019 11:09 AM
Dec 2018
The episode was pretty good, CGI was meh. Hajime and Yue bonding was nice. Overall, this was a pretty good episode.
Jul 22, 2019 11:16 AM
May 2018
Mythologically said:
If this is a horrible adaptation, the LN must be the best thing ever made by humans

It kinda is, that's the thing.
Jul 22, 2019 11:18 AM

Aug 2018
So i guess he is gonna faceplant some monster shit before finding these "Mavericks" and create some Heat Seeking Void Eraser Pussy Destroyer RPG?

I mean he just created that thing that's bigger than him from a random rock...
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Jul 22, 2019 11:41 AM
Feb 2009
I only found yue snacking on his blood that made this episode worth watching lol
Jul 22, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2017
That low res texture on the 3D models I swear. It reminds me of the N64.
And again. It's so dark I can't see anything!

Other than that, this episode is okay.
copyrightRingoJul 22, 2019 11:56 AM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jul 22, 2019 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
wtf was that quality? WHAT WAS THAT CGI lol
Jul 22, 2019 12:11 PM
Sep 2018
EmiliaNeko12 said:
that cgi scorpion monster was ruined in this anime and good episode only

At least we got an otherwise good episode instead of that massacre that was the first. Hopefully they increase the quality like they did in this episode and maybe we get a good isekai in the end
Jul 22, 2019 12:12 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode...although I didn't like the CGI of it. The first 3 episodes were good. What happened? I hope they get out of there soon...wanna see everyone's reaction to how strong Hajime has gotten.
Jul 22, 2019 12:28 PM

Nov 2014
That CGI scorpion is Berserk levels of terrible, but overall it's a great episode.
Jul 22, 2019 12:38 PM

May 2017
It's was good and fun episode. I am glad that Hajime ain't some p*ssy like generic harem protagonist. I like this guy,lol. Mai waifu Yue is developing good for now. Honestly,what's wrong with CGI animation? It's looks okay to me,nothing to complain about.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Jul 22, 2019 12:40 PM

Nov 2014
I expected him to shoot through her Alucard style. She is said she is immortal so whatever.

This episode was rather nice. With Yue, who seems to be great waifu material, atmosphere changed slightly - for better imo.
But yeah, that scorpion sucked. CGI aside, I couldn't see anything in that fight. Action scenes are pointless if you just move zoomed camera from character to character.

I hope he gets out of there and meets his classmates in those 12 episodes.
JustAnotherShiroJul 22, 2019 12:44 PM
Jul 22, 2019 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
*insert comment number 2397621974361 about bad CGI here*...

For real though, that was pretty atrocious.. overall the episode was pretty ok.

I do have to say, Yue is damn adorable!
Jul 22, 2019 12:46 PM

May 2015
Good lord 2016 Berserks CGI looks great compared to this mess. Was that a scorpion or a giant turd?
Jul 22, 2019 12:50 PM

Apr 2018
If I was able to watch Overlord with his bad CGI, I don't think this one will make me puke, so... not gonna look at CGI.

Reading the manga made me really want to see this part of the story where there's only those two inside the labyrinth, bonding and... snacking.
Hope we get more Hajime x Yue material
Jul 22, 2019 12:51 PM
Jun 2015
what i hate from this episode
1. kaori side. damn, we don't need it if they only want us to see kouki status in 2 minutes
2. yue expression when she got infected by that plant monster is funny but wrong situation and wrong joke unless it is konosuba
3. since when yue souen (blue flame) magic become physical type rather than flame type? if it is flame magic then it should "burn it" not "punch it" unless souen magic have same effect like fire punch
4. hajime face when he said he will kill and eat that scorpion is monotone from voice side or face expression. i think he should be like accelerator from the last minutes of episode 2 if the team really want hajime be badass

what i like from this episode
1. yue expression when she shooted by hajime is hilarious

fumu, i think negative point is more stand out rather than positive point personally or did other people have almost same opinion like me?
it is not surprised that current score of this anime become less than 7. what a sad. i hope in the next episode and shia arc we didn't meet "recall event" again or if we should meet it then make it into 1 or 2 episode in episode 4-5 so in first 3 episode we can have more hajime side. honestly this studio handle two side (hajime side and kaori side) more bad than i expecting and bad to "hide spoiler" for episode 9-12. once again, sad
Jul 22, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2017
Pretty meh episode. I find this show very tedious to watch. It seems things won't become better anytime soon.

Does anyone know who is the voice actor of that prince from the kingdom or whoever he is. Seems like Fairy Tail Natsu's VA, doesn't it? Arifureta's Characters and Voice Actors tab doesn't show anything regarding that guy.
Jul 22, 2019 1:03 PM

Feb 2015
Horrible CGI but I quite enjoyed that episode
Jul 22, 2019 1:25 PM
May 2019
I just want to see him meeting his classmates but i guess they have to build up some sort of story first, just feel like it wouldve been more enjoyable if they skipped the horrible fights and worked on getting out of the cave but I guess they have to set up for the boss
Jul 22, 2019 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
I like the art and animation. The CG scorpion looked nice. The plot is shit. Even though the novel readers are complaining about the pacing and the skipping of scenes I don't think that any monologues & explanations of things about the character's world would give this plot any meaning. Everything is quite boring and the good art is the only reason I'm still wondering whether to drop it or to stick around some more

Jul 22, 2019 1:34 PM

Oct 2017
Another episode of horrendous and hilarious CGI.

People who said animation is good need to get their eyes checked or stop watching only the bad anime.
Ventus_SJul 22, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 22, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2018
It was good, barely.....................

I'm guessing whatever was in that door , would be that bunny girl.
JiangHaoyi1979Jul 22, 2019 2:20 PM
Jul 22, 2019 2:35 PM

Jan 2019
Those damn dramatic cliffhangers.
They should just go ahead and make 5 second episodes walking through a corridor of doors and make millions of cliffhangers. FAK! At least make it more subtle. This type of production has a hint of those tv series like the walking dead, which I stopped watching because of those cliffhangers that make you twitch after a sitting! I've watched quite a bit of anime and it just doesn't need that rush or anxiety to keep viewers watching. What keeps people watching anime is either the type of the anime and/or the story. I'm dead serious. If you still watch this series, you VERY likely would keep watching it without the overemphasized cliffhangers. I really hope someone else feels it too.

Great ep. tho.
Fade_Jul 31, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 22, 2019 2:36 PM
Apr 2009
Mythologically said:

Nah, not the best, but atleast one of the better I've read.
Aside from the horrible first episode, the show is pretty faithful (They'd atleast added the flower monster in it, while the manga skipped it)

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
It was good, barely.....................

I'm guessing whatever was in that door , would be that bunny girl.

Nah, she comes after they exit the dungeon. But it probally will be a bad CGI'd last boss.

Yukikaze_sama said:
I hope he gets out of there and meets his classmates in those 12 episodes.

Yeah, he'll meet some of his classmates later on the story, just before they meet Tio.
Jul 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Aug 2017
Yue really likes Hajime's blood lol. It's certainly getting better at least.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 22, 2019 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
Ventus_S said:
Another episode of horrendous and hilarious CGI.

People who said animation is good need to get their eyes checked or stop watching only the bad anime.

Compared to kenja na mago, it's a masterpiece of design.

Personally i'm fond of the show, after the atrocious first episode they seem to be fixing it's major problems in ep 1.
Rizki_Diablo said:
what i hate from this episode
1. kaori side. damn, we don't need it if they only want us to see kouki status in 2 minutes
2. yue expression when she got infected by that plant monster is funny but wrong situation and wrong joke unless it is konosuba
3. since when yue souen (blue flame) magic become physical type rather than flame type? if it is flame magic then it should "burn it" not "punch it" unless souen magic have same effect like fire punch
4. hajime face when he said he will kill and eat that scorpion is monotone from voice side or face expression. i think he should be like accelerator from the last minutes of episode 2 if the team really want hajime be badass

1. they kind of have to do this, to set up a few things later, though most of them could be background characters, kaori, ninja girl (forget her name) and kouki do have important roles to play.
2. Eh, to each their own, can see why it would bother you though.
3. It's energetic pressure pushing down on it and immobilizing it, hence "punch it".
4. While he is meant to come off as a badass, he's more supposed to come off as a "i don't give a damn about x" kind of character.

Just my two cents on your post.
Jul 22, 2019 3:17 PM
Jun 2019
A lot of posts are saying how the CGI is trash, but I think the CGI looks fine as its giving some depth to the fights (though the fights could look better and have a bit more action). I don’t watch a lot of anime that have CGI, so that may be a reason for me liking it. Also I liked how the story was primarily between the MC and Yue because I don’t like it when it switches from them to the class. In my opinion if your going to switch between the two don’t switch too much in an episode or else it removes the consistency of each other’s story/plot. Either split half the episode of MC and Yue and the class, have one episode dedicated to one of them, or do what this episode did and have a small scene of that. I personally want to read the light novel/ manga but I want to hear y’all a opinion if it’s worth my time.
Jul 22, 2019 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
Every time I watch this I feel like cgi is regressing to ps1 days.

Yue is our only saving grace, aside from the weird ass face they gave her for that one scene.
Jul 22, 2019 4:39 PM

Jan 2011
This show is becoming a mess.

Yue is boring but also really creppy. That one scence with her and Hajime was fucking creppy.

The planet monster looks like a bootleg pokemon.

The CGI lobster was fucking bad.

no wonder the author was fucking piss.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 22, 2019 4:55 PM
Nov 2018
I liked it. Reading the Manga right now. Seems like this covered chapter 8-11 pretty faithfully. Other than the terrible CGI this episode gave my hope for the remainder of the series. If only the first two episodes weren't awful. On a side note this soundtrack is really great. There isn't enough Jazz and Swing in Anime.
Jul 22, 2019 5:20 PM
May 2019
Aside from the terrible cg, it was a decent episode. I'm still hoping this anime can find it's footing before it's labled as a dumpster fire and nothing more.
Jul 22, 2019 6:21 PM
Nov 2016
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling after watching 3 episodes that the creator combined Rosario Vampire, Rising of the Shield Hero, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime?
Jul 22, 2019 6:34 PM
May 2017
The CGI was fucking awful, it's like Madhouse level of bad, I legit have to look somewhere else when the fight starts.

Jul 22, 2019 6:35 PM
Jul 2019
Haaaiiii!! Are there still hope for this anime? Cause for me its still lack of actions!!!! Damn it!x
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

89 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.