Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 21, 2019 6:58 AM

Jun 2015
Glad they delayed this out of respect, what a horrible tragedy. Latom.
BarnaldJul 23, 2019 11:30 AM
Jul 21, 2019 7:06 AM

Jan 2016
Quinjao said:
quercifolia said:

Ok so you think the people, who probably had friends and even family DIE in that fire, should be happily continuing to make an anime about people burning to death?

Not just that, but probably also thinking stuff like "what if we're next", "what if it was me" and other upsetting things? Feeling guilty about being alive. etc.

Plus other people should be happy to see this anime on their TV, not even a week after what is one of the WORST mass deaths in Japans modern history?

When the Tsunami in 2004 hit, an anime with a similar scene was delayed. When the nuclear reactor disaster happened in Fukushima, Coppelion, an anime about post-Nuclear Disaster Japan, was delayed for over a year. And when it was finished, all mentions of "nuclear energy" had been removed.

And this happens in America too. After 9/11, a lot of tv shows were delayed, modified. And in the years after, censored. Just think back on Yu-Gi-Oh, and the "invisible guns". thing.

The anime is gonna continue anyways, and I don't think by the time it continues the people who suffered because of the fire will be much better. Besides, no one is forcing them to watch it. They can just not wacth it. There weren't really many people affected by the fire, economicaly it wouldn't affect DP as a studio.

I'm glad they delayed it instead of modifying it though, By no means I'm saying that they shouldn't have delayed it, it's just something I don't really get in terms of practicality. But delaying it is certainly much better than invisible fire lol

Part of it is just the timing. Even if the text of the show is "people burning is bad", there's also an aspect of it that is about how cool the fire powers shown by the main characters are and part of the thrill is the danger of the fire. And even besides the family members, there's plenty of people that would probably find it hard to get into a show that has subtext of "fire looks awesome" literally the day after a horrific fire that is the worst mass-murder in the country since WWII, and especially since the victims were also part of the industry that is putting out this show so there's a very direct connection.

And in cases like this, a "job is a job" is wrong. A TV show is created with the intent to connect with other people, to get people invested in the story and world created. And if that world is one engulfed in flames where fire is everywhere, it's a bit insensitive to ask people to put themselves into that world so soon after a similar incident claimed so many lives. Any sort of art is more than just a job, even if the creation of it at a base level is still a job.

Oh, and saying there weren't many people affected by the fire is blatantly wrong. You don't need to directly know someone to be affected, or else those of us that don't live in Japan wouldn't care. But we do care, and even if it didn't directly affect us, it still has an emotional effect. To most of us, tragedies like this don't just affect those who knew the victims, they affect the country who wonders why something occurred and makes them feel just a little less safe in their own offices, and in a case like this where the victims are creators of art viewed by thousands if not millions, it affects those who appreciate that art as that art is a part of us and the tragedy here stains that part of us just a bit with the knowledge of the loss of life of those who made it.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jul 21, 2019 8:53 AM

Sep 2010
I mean if it is going to get canned my guess is that they will go straight to the next Jojo part to try and get back the money they lost on this project. Jojo sells pretty good for a long running series if I remember correctly. That's probably what is going to happen.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 21, 2019 11:29 AM
Jan 2016
Oriotiar said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

But they DO care because this actually IS related.
We're talking about anime studio after all.

You're acting smart yet you cannot understand something so goddamn simple.
Guess that's just poor bait.

Really, I bet you've never loose anybody you care about, otherwise you would know that during those time, something vagely similar on TV is y far the last of your problem.
Once again, it's the equivalent of a stupid "1like == 1 prayer", it doesn’t benefit anybody but the one who behind it.

bruh don't you understand that there is a difference in japan when it comes to things like this? they react and feel completely differently in those situations compared to your western expectations rn.
so just stop. thanks.
Jul 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
How unlucky can you be with your release date choice sometimes. We never get anime about firefighters and it had to be the season we got that tragedy.
Can't be helped now, it may be delayed to another season completely, if not even next year.
Jul 21, 2019 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
Zefyris said:
How unlucky can you be with your release date choice sometimes. We never get anime about firefighters and it had to be the season we got that tragedy.
Can't be helped now, it may be delayed to another season completely, if not even next year.

there is hope

Multiple TV stations currently list Fire Force #3 as airing on July 26th. This hasn't actually been announced and may change.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1793232
Jul 21, 2019 12:06 PM

Nov 2014
Might as well just cancel the whole show, it's not like people will forget about the incident in a single week.
Jul 21, 2019 4:59 PM
Jul 2017
NeoAnkara said:
People just don't know what trauma is. Let me tell you a bit of my story. About five month ago I had a motorcycle accident and it broke my arm. I'm still recovering right now. Let alone riding motorcycle right now sometimes when there are similar accident shown on TV my wound is aching and throbbing. And that's just rather "small" scale incident that's not taking life.

Oh man I hope your doing well these days
Jul 21, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2012
Phlaryx said:
NeoAnkara said:
People just don't know what trauma is. Let me tell you a bit of my story. About five month ago I had a motorcycle accident and it broke my arm. I'm still recovering right now. Let alone riding motorcycle right now sometimes when there are similar accident shown on TV my wound is aching and throbbing. And that's just rather "small" scale incident that's not taking life.

Oh man I hope your doing well these days
I already learn to laugh everything off and forget the pain.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 22, 2019 6:19 AM

Jun 2010
Very respectful and kind.
"But he who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself,
must be either a beast or a god: he is no part of a state."
—Aristotle
Jul 22, 2019 10:54 AM
Jan 2018
Fire Force is being delayed as a sign of respect to those who have fallen from the arson on Kyoto Animation. David Productions is not trying to change anything, but simply show respect. The key theme here isn't change, it's respect.
Jul 22, 2019 2:24 PM

Dec 2016
Respect to them, totally understandable
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jul 23, 2019 2:50 AM
Jan 2018
show wont get cancelled the episode was delayed , if it was going be cancelled they would have done it already.
Jul 23, 2019 5:10 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Quinjao said:
quercifolia said:

Ok so you think the people, who probably had friends and even family DIE in that fire, should be happily continuing to make an anime about people burning to death?

Not just that, but probably also thinking stuff like "what if we're next", "what if it was me" and other upsetting things? Feeling guilty about being alive. etc.

Plus other people should be happy to see this anime on their TV, not even a week after what is one of the WORST mass deaths in Japans modern history?

When the Tsunami in 2004 hit, an anime with a similar scene was delayed. When the nuclear reactor disaster happened in Fukushima, Coppelion, an anime about post-Nuclear Disaster Japan, was delayed for over a year. And when it was finished, all mentions of "nuclear energy" had been removed.

And this happens in America too. After 9/11, a lot of tv shows were delayed, modified. And in the years after, censored. Just think back on Yu-Gi-Oh, and the "invisible guns". thing.

The anime is gonna continue anyways, and I don't think by the time it continues the people who suffered because of the fire will be much better. Besides, no one is forcing them to watch it. They can just not wacth it. There weren't really many people affected by the fire, economicaly it wouldn't affect DP as a studio.

I'm glad they delayed it instead of modifying it though, By no means I'm saying that they shouldn't have delayed it, it's just something I don't really get in terms of practicality. But delaying it is certainly much better than invisible fire lol

True but they will have had some more time to process the event, which might make it easier to see such a show on the tv. And yeah they don't have to watch it, but the staff still have to work on it, so...

I know directly affected people, it's just the ones in the building. But indirectly there are hundreds or thousands even. The animation industry in Japan is very close knit, and the people in different studios are probably friends or at least they knew each other. So a little time off work to let it sink in is fair.

And lol invisible fire.

Main character: Look out! That apartment is about to collapse from the fire!

On tv: an apartment building just falls apart randomly for no apparent reason

Jul 23, 2019 8:08 AM
Oct 2011
To people arguing about the morality of whether or not the episode should've been delayed, you forget Japan is an incredibly polite nation. Of course, the logical answer is that the anime about fire and the arson on KyoAni are unrelated except for the topic of fire. However, Japan is a country with a culture that will go the extra mile on respects - especially on respects for people in their own circles. It is completely understandable and expected in many Japanese citizens point of view that other production studios would take this approach if considered distasteful.

The incident is so recent and brings painful memories for many people. It brings painful memories to me as well, and to be honest, I did not even check this anime and realize it was delayed til now because I did not want to be reminded of the fire. Some of my heroes died in that arson, and to know that it was intentional is devastating. The image of fire is so vibrant and it leaves a vivid mark in the memory. I know they have nothing to do with each other, but the two are naturally connected by information association. Intentional violence to this extent is very rare in Japan. With the sheer amount of people affected, this is maybe one of - if not the biggest - massacre and tragedy on the anime industry as a whole. Many people are still mourning and it's only natural that people will think of that and be respectful.

A simple delay is not a huge deal and many people understand. There are more important things to worry about, as I'm sure much of Japan and anime watchers alike want to help people heal as much as possible.
Jul 23, 2019 11:48 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked

Plenty of baiting and abuse (cleaned) and thread has been derailed enough.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.