Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, we're back to the more serious stuff now. Fighting against this demon who can manipulate threads turned into a very tricky sitatuion.

Pretty action packed episode. This one again shows Tanjirou's skills as a demon slayer and how much he has improved. I'm also glad they gave Inosuke a decent amount of screentime in that fight. The music used this episode was also well executed if you ask me.
Jul 20, 2019 7:54 AM

Jul 2014
That was some quick thinking from Tanjiro, Inosuke being funny af, boar dude is really warming up to me, his "stop making me feel fluffy!" was gold.
Tanjiro changing his attack to a painless cut was executed beautifully! tears came out from that, this boi is based MC!
Was that a new OST playing when Tanjiro was about to deliver the finishng blow? never heard that flute like ver before.
Jul 20, 2019 7:57 AM

Jan 2015
This was a very good episode!

I see they are adding some random Zenitsu.
I feel bad for the girl who was still conscious while killed her companions, quite sad.

Action was very good. Inosuke was hilarious.

Spider Okaa-san is such a milf

XenocrisiJul 21, 2019 10:26 AM
Jul 20, 2019 8:25 AM
Oct 2012
Episode flowed very well. pretty excellent conclusion to Spider mum. many more to go...
Jul 20, 2019 9:26 AM

Sep 2018
Tanjiro and Inosuke are such a great battle duo :D

RIP Spider Mom she's finally free. I see that even in demon families there is domestic abuse :(
well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 20, 2019 9:29 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Inosuke's random reactions and random phrases are hilarious at times.

Action sequences were awesome as always, especially the one where Tanjiro blocked the big puppets attack on Inosuke and the final attacks by both Inosuke and Tanjiro on it. 5th form was pretty awesome too.

I'm curious as to why they didn't just cut the threads of the ones who were being controlled? Tanjiro was able to cut Inosuke's threads but they weren't able to cute any of the demon corps members. Did I miss something?

Kinda felt bad for the Spider demon mom at the end, she didn't deserve the domestic abuse, I don't think she would've tried to kill people if it weren't for her family.
Jul 20, 2019 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
Man, Inosuke is a funny guy. Love him.

Tanjirou was finally able to take down the demon. After seeing her abuse, I kinda feel bad for her.

Jul 20, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2017
The fight is becoming more and more brutal and they barely managed to kill mom. Looks like the dad is one of Twelve Moons, he must be super strong then judging by the reaction of mama spider. Plus there are still kids who we know nothing about
Jul 20, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
Inosuke: Notice me Senpai!
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 20, 2019 9:38 AM

Sep 2014
I wasn't expecting an abused demon. Even her kids were being complete assholes to her. At least she got finally free. Inosuke is still as hilarious as ever.
Jul 20, 2019 9:42 AM

Apr 2018
Fighting those spiders is very challenging. The right scenes were also amazing as usual
Jul 20, 2019 9:43 AM

Dec 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always.

Inosuke's random reactions and random phrases are hilarious at times.

Action sequences were awesome as always, especially the one where Tanjiro blocked the big puppets attack on Inosuke and the final attacks by both Inosuke and Tanjiro on it. 5th form was pretty awesome too.

I'm curious as to why they didn't just cut the threads of the ones who were being controlled? Tanjiro was able to cut Inosuke's threads but they weren't able to cute any of the demon corps members. Did I miss something?

Kinda felt bad for the Spider demon mom at the end, she didn't deserve the domestic abuse, I don't think she would've tried to kill people if it weren't for her family.

They all demon, that mean they all have eaten people. That a cardinal sin that cannot be forgive. The only 3 demon that haven't eat anyone is the doctor'sassistant, the random man Muzan turned and Nezuko. Tanjirou might fell sorry for them but they al have to pay for their crime.

Why Tanjirou didn't cut the thread cause it re-attact too fast since it too close to the mother demon. He cut them and it just re-attach immediately.
Jul 20, 2019 9:44 AM
Sep 2015
Inosuke falling in love with Tanjiro?
Jul 20, 2019 9:51 AM

May 2018
I'm satisfied with the action scenes here despite the slow pace. It's to see a confirmation that one of the Juunikizuki is here. Make this arc more interesting.
Jul 20, 2019 9:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An excellent ep as always that featured an excellent blend of action and comedy. The Battles between Tanjirou and Inosuke and the controlled hunters was pretty tense but the teamwork and quick thinking of Tanjirou sure nullified their advantage quite easily. Though it was heartbreaking seeing them get discarded so easily by the mother despite the attempts to save them. The headless demon actually was a surprise though i was more surprised that it wasn't a more high ranking member of the corps who she sent out. Still despite the odds the teamwork of Tanjirou and Inosuke sure proved effective in overcoming them. The insight into the mother's relationship with her so called family though was insightful. Talk about an abusive family though. Her death here can be said to be a mercy for her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2016
Shingster said:
An excellent ep as always that featured an excellent blend of action and comedy. The Battles between Tanjirou and Inosuke and the controlled hunters was pretty tense but the teamwork and quick thinking of Tanjirou sure nullified their advantage quite easily. Though it was heartbreaking seeing them get discarded so easily by the mother despite the attempts to save them. The headless demon actually was a surprise though i was more surprised that it wasn't a more high ranking member of the corps who she sent out. Still despite the odds the teamwork of Tanjirou and Inosuke sure proved effective in overcoming them. The insight into the mother's relationship with her so called family though was insightful. Talk about an abusive family though. Her death here can be said to be a mercy for her.

They probably don't know it a high ranking demon. They probably though just a group of normal demons.
Jul 20, 2019 10:03 AM

Dec 2012
Wow. As a manga reader this episode ended up with everything I could ever wish for. Much better pacing.

Poor Inosuke, he's pretty jealous of Tanjiro's fighting approach but it's hilarious! Tanjiro's kindness is still acknowledged and appreciated. Spider Mom's end was saddening but beautifully animated.

Next episode is going to be great for sure. 10/10
Jul 20, 2019 10:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some episode!

Rip to the Demon Mother and the Fallen Corps. My sympathies to the Demon Mother but she’s got too far too much blood on her hands, thanks to the persistence fear of the Demon Father (whom I’m assuming is the Twelve Kizuki member). The Demon Mother sharing this vital info moments before her demise as a thanks to swiftly passing her on was really nice to see too. Got to say though, that was one crazy family seeing how the kids were treating their mother and I wonder who that boy in her past life was.

On the other hand, Inosuke and Tanjirou’s teamwork this episode was exemplary. Tanjirou’s rage mode there was really hype-worthy but sadly it was subsided in time. Tanjirou’s battle analysis skills is seriously incredible (I know I’ve said this numerous times before too but this probably is the highlight).

Meanwhile, trouble is awaiting Zenitsu and I can’t wait to see how that goes next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 20, 2019 10:27 AM

Jun 2015
Lelouch0202 said:

They could cut them, but they would just get reattatched. The secret was avoiding the spiders altogether, like Tanjiro and Inosuke were doing, but the demon corps guys were probably too hurt and tired to be able to do that. Tanjiro and Inosuke only managed to win because they noticed the strings right at the beginning, otherwise they would've died like the rest.
Jul 20, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2013
RIP spider demon milf. Your presence in the series was short, but enjoyable. At least you died in peace and not at the hands of Rui or father spider demon.

I think this is the first time in the series where Inousuke has genuinely made me laugh. That scene where those demon slayers are killed by mother spider and he says "at the end the demon killed them all anyway" gave me chuckle, even if it was supposed to be a serious scene.
Jul 20, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2017
Wow I think that was one of my favorite episodes yet!

Inosuke and Tanjirou's teamwork is doing pretty well, meanwhile Zenitsu is left behind in the forest of course. I feel really bad for that Demon Mother, it was awesome to see that rain move Tanjirou used on her for a painless release. I'm excited to see what these other demons are gonna bring to the table in the next few episodes.
Jul 20, 2019 11:16 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another great episode. I felt sorry for the mother spider demon after she was being threaten, but Tanjiro gave her a painless death so that she can finally rest in peace. LOL at Inosuke turning the mission into a competition between him and Tanjiro. I think we are going to see some action from Zenitsu because another spider demon was following him. I'm surprised that this series has not got another OP/ED after 16 episodes even though I still like them.
Jul 20, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2017
Fantastic episode. I like how kind Tanjiro is, even to demons, and that through his character it's showing that kindness isn't weakness as it is sometimes misinterpreted to be.

Judging from Inosuke's actions this ep (getting happy for being praised, letting Tanjiro have his moment to shine, etc.) i think he's going to have some really brilliant character development in the future.

With someone following Zenitsu i'm expecting that hella fucking awful side of him to be released next week. Also, where can i get me a Chuntaro? Cause that little sparrow is so darn cuuuute!
Jul 20, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
It is common misconception, that Kimetsu no Yaiba is a story about revenge.
It is NOT.
Tanjirou does not chase after Muzan to avenge his family.
He never even mentioned that.
Or even expressed any form of grudge against him or other demons. Quite opposite. He mourns them for what they have become.
His only goal is obviously to cure his sister and he does not concern himself with anything as petty as revenge. That would not bring his family back. He knows, he should help those who aren't beyond saving.

How Tanjiro treated spider lady proves this.

"We can be better than this."

AOTY

Jul 20, 2019 12:04 PM
Jul 2019
ESSE ANIME É SIMPLESMENTE FANTÁSTICO!!!
Jul 20, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
I liked how they showed Tanjirou switching forms at the last second when he realized Spider Mom just wanted everything to end.

Jul 20, 2019 12:45 PM

Jun 2010
This episode seems to have put the series back on track. It seems that the less Zenitsu appears the better it gets. XD The scene of the death of the spider was one of the most beautiful so far. Thank you so much ufotable!

IMPACTO_BR said:
ESSE ANIME É SIMPLESMENTE FANTÁSTICO!!!

Olha, eu aconselho você a postar em inglês, caso não souber usar um tradutor ahushuas Nunca vi ninguém postando em português aqui. XD
melinayuukiJul 20, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 20, 2019 1:09 PM
Oct 2013
This Tanjiro is becoming quickly my of all-time favourite MC in shounen series, he's like Gon, so kind but still so scary when he's pissed.
Another great episode.
Jul 20, 2019 1:10 PM

May 2016
Inosuke went from annoying angry boi to best angry boi in a few episodes, his fluffy reactions are the best lmao
Jul 20, 2019 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
I was very entertained in the Taisho Secret part of this episode
gave me a good laugh
Jul 20, 2019 2:09 PM

Apr 2009
Wow from righteous wrath for sheer cruelty that even Inosuke felt it too, to gentle execution (heck even the name of the Fifth Form is so peaceful and such merciful relief, "Blessed Rain After the Drought") coming from instant understanding and kindness in a heartbeat's moment. I love this episode!

Spider Dad is probably one of the Twelve Kizuki? Oh boy...we need the incoming Hashira to arrive soon!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 20, 2019 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
Oh boy, we're back to the more serious stuff now. Fighting against this demon who can manipulate threads turned into a very tricky sticky sitatuion.

A little fix m8! <3
Jul 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Jan 2018
The visuals in this scene were amazing

Can't wait for the next episode ^w^
Jul 20, 2019 2:36 PM
Mar 2019
MAL is saying the episodes are going to be 26, but I just want to know how accurate that is.

It's seriously kind of unbelievable, considering how much more character development we have to see with only 10 episodes left AND seeing how the story has been going so far. So is it just kind of a placeholder/prediction thing or is it confirmed?

Fucking 10/10 episode though
Jul 20, 2019 2:38 PM
May 2017
I love how Inosuke gets caught up in the spiderwebs and Tanjiro can just easily cut them off him with a simple katana swing, but the minute some nameless Demon Slayers are caught up in them there is just no way too cut the spiderwebs/strings off them and Tanjiro just allows them all to die. Amazin.
Jul 20, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2017
I swear, throwing those bodies on the branches was such a dumb move by Tanjirou... the threads were still attached -ya coulda realised.

Okay. But blessed rain after the drought was a beautiful touch and gas made me love this series many times more; F to demon okaa-san. Can't wait for next week.
Jul 20, 2019 2:44 PM
Mar 2019
H4nss0n said:
I love how Inosuke gets caught up in the spiderwebs and Tanjiro can just easily cut them off him with a simple katana swing, but the minute some nameless Demon Slayers are caught up in them there is just no way too cut the spiderwebs/strings off them and Tanjiro just allows them all to die. Amazin.

Did you not watch the last episode where they literally did exactly that and because of the billions of spiders in that forest those people just got caught in them again almost instantly?
Jul 20, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2015
This show would be so much better without those unnecessary comic reliefs and exaggerated screaming. I believe it actually was like that for some of the first episodes and that's what drew me in in the first place. Right now I can't take anything seriously anymore. Instead of being invested in what's happening I just think, oh well, now we have to be sorry for this disposable spider demon and her sad backstory. Thanks, stupid boar-face and yellow crybaby for ruining all the mood, now I just don't care.
I've heard about amazing spider arc and that's why I decided to continue watching, but it was ok, I guess? Nothing spectacular. Maybe there's still some awesomeness to come... I'll still watch it but the show is pretty much degraded already from having lots of potential to be just slightly above average and meh.
Jul 20, 2019 3:02 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode per usual!

To think that there were so many demon slayers in that forest. Action just never disappoints. Some great shots and battles this episode.

Tanjiro and Inosuke are really working together and seem to be quite a good duo in battles. Also Inosuke doesn't seem to be that annoying anymore. Also their interactions are funny, especially Inosuke's fluffy reactions.

How kind can someone be I wonder, Tanjiro just amazes me every time. Even after seeing those Demon Slayers in the trees getting their necks snapped by the Spider MILF, you would expect someone to just have no mercy on her, yet Tanjiro actually killed her off peacefully cause she had already accepted her fate at that point. Some quick thinking on Tanjiro's end to change his attack form before cutting off her head, to let her pass in peace. That scene was beautifully executed though!
Jul 20, 2019 3:06 PM
Aug 2018
Great episode as always. Was kinda hoping for new op. On another note fuck zenitsu
Jul 20, 2019 3:07 PM
May 2017
Bloxxor said:
H4nss0n said:

Did you not watch the last episode where they literally did exactly that and because of the billions of spiders in that forest those people just got caught in them again almost instantly?

Right, but Inosukes strings didn't reconnect instantly did they? Why was that a solution that one time but not at any other point in the episode? Clearly they ignored their own logic temporarily for the sake of drama.

If you wanna say that the main cast just have some magical training that no other Demon Slayer has that allows them to just continually dodge literally billions of spiders, go ahead. But at that point we're just being silly and givning the main cast plot armor that's going to ruin the immersion for anyone that likes utilizing logic when they think.
Jul 20, 2019 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
Yo Tanjiro is my boy!

That spider bitch didn't give a shit when it came to those peoples lives *snap snap snap* all three of them, done in an instant. Inosuke's reaction to Tanjiro's aura was literally frightening, holy crap.

Then my man Tanjiro shows her mercy!!! Like dude, I love him more and more each week!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 20, 2019 3:15 PM
Jul 2015
H4nss0n said:

Right, but Inosukes strings didn't reconnect instantly did they? Why was that a solution that one time but not at any other point in the episode? Clearly they ignored their own logic temporarily for the sake of drama.

If you wanna say that the main cast just have some magical training that no other Demon Slayer has that allows them to just continually dodge literally billions of spiders, go ahead. But at that point we're just being silly and givning the main cast plot armor that's going to ruin the immersion for anyone that likes utilizing logic when they think.

Tanjiro was able to kill the spiders that got on him but they are tiny and he won't be able to cut the spiders on other people.
Jul 20, 2019 3:19 PM

Jul 2019
OrangeJP said:
I liked how they showed Tanjirou switching forms at the last second when he realized Spider Mom just wanted everything to end.

That what such a humane action on Tanjirou's part. After all he has been through and anger he has - he's still human and treating the enemy humane. That nuance in his actions and his overall humility are so much larger than the story being told.

Mother Spider Demon is tragic and her actions were out of fear versus malice. Doesn't excuse her actions but being a victim of domestic violence makes victims become perpetrators even when they know their actions are wrong. Her son is creepy af and Father Demon is an asshole - can't wait to see him suffer.

This was a return to what made me like this show action and things are slowly coming together with the comedic aspects. The domestic violence subtext of this story is heavy so easy to gloss over because of the cool action. Kudos to writers writers for fitting this story into this medium. My only wish was a more overt conversation around the subject.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2019 3:26 PM
May 2017
Dab1za9 said:
H4nss0n said:

Tanjiro was able to kill the spiders that got on him but they are tiny and he won't be able to cut the spiders on other people.

Right, so what i said is true then. The main cast just have some magical training that no other person in the Demon Corps has that allows them to continually dodge billions of spiders. Convenient plot armor.
Jul 20, 2019 3:29 PM
Jul 2015
H4nss0n said:
Dab1za9 said:

Right, so what i said is true then. The main cast just have some magical training that no other person in the Demon Corps has that allows them to continually dodge billions of spiders. Convenient plot armor.

yeah man the main cast being stronger than random characters is plot armor.
Jul 20, 2019 3:35 PM

Feb 2014
hated inosuke at first now i love him
but zenitsu still no#1 in my heart :3
Jul 20, 2019 3:43 PM
Sep 2018
Una maravilla sin dudas ... un episodio que me dejo un dulce pero a la ves tristeza una madre que sufrió y pudo encontrar su paz interior en manos de tanjiro que le dio una muerte rápida sin dolor
Jul 20, 2019 3:45 PM

Dec 2013
What a downer episode, that poor exterminator had to kill so many of her allies, the one with excruciating pain, I did not expect those 3 to die, they usually get rescued or something on other shows and I felt really bad for Spider Okaa-san, imagine being abused and tortured to death by that dude without even being able to die to be released from that torment.

Tanjirou best big brother.
KanameYuukiJul 20, 2019 3:55 PM
Jul 20, 2019 4:04 PM
Mar 2019
H4nss0n said:
Bloxxor said:

I mean, for one it's blatantly obvious that the main characters are MUCH stronger than those plebs that were caught out. Not even a competition.

Not only that but the people already caught in the strings were tired/extremely beat up. There would have been no way they could keep repelling the spiders coming at them. The main characters were actually doing exactly that the whole time - it was even proven when Inosuke forgot about the spiders for a split second and he instantly got caught up, prompting Tanjiro to save him. It really isn't rocket science and you're specifically looking for things to be pissed about.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.