Forum Settings
Forums

most annoying fanbase? (with poll) [Update: with over 1000 votes received, Jojo Bizarre Adventures' fanbase has been declared the most annoying one, followed by My Hero Academia and Naruto's ones. What are your thoughts on these results?]

New
which do you think is the most annoying fanbase??
Dragon Ball
6.0%
Naruto
7.2%
One Piece
3.3%
Bleach
0.4%
Fairy Tail
2.8%
Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
4.8%
Hunter x Hunter
2.7%
My Hero Academia
12.0%
Jojo Bizarre Adventures
23.8%
Gintama
1.5%
Death Note
0.6%
Sword Art Online
4.6%
One Punch Man
1.4%
Attack on Titan
5.4%
Code Geass
0.8%
Evangelion
2.6%
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
0.2%
Cowboy Bebop
0.3%
Legend of Galactic Heroes
2.0%
Fate series
1.4%
Madoka Magica
0.8%
Sailor Moon
0.0%
Steins Gate
0.6%
Monogatari series
1.9%
Monster
0.2%
Mushishi series
0.0%
Clannad
0.3%
K-On
0.3%
Food Wars
0.1%
Assassination Classroom
0.1%
My Teen Romantic Comedy
0.2%
Hyouka
0.1%
Haruhi Suzumiya
0.1%
Toradora
0.1%
Mob Psycho 100
0.1%
Re:zero
1.1%
Durarara
0.1%
Berserk
0.5%
No Game No Life
0.4%
Tokyo Ghoul
1.6%
Noragami
0.0%
Psycho Pass
0.1%
Seven Deadly Sins
0.3%
Kono Subarashi
0.9%
Haikyuu
0.3%
Kuroko no Basket
0.1%
Free!
0.2%
Black Butler
0.7%
Tatami Galaxy
0.4%
Other, which?
4.9%
1,828 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 14, 2019 6:29 AM

Sep 2014
Artifex_ said:
Imaishi said:

Whether these anime are 10/10 or 'below average' like you say is indeed purely subjective. I don't think many people are trying to present their opinion as objective, lol. No one has to agree with your criticism.

Well my experience with Jojo and FMAB fanbase have been "Your opinion of the show is wrong it's the best anime show ever" So when they act like authoritarian figures or gatekeepers on opinion of an anime and present or act like it's an objective fact I will call them out. Do you know the people I met or came across who aren't presenting it as objective fact? and my last sentence on my previous quoted comment.

I mean ok, if they are like that, sure, fuck these people. Just thought you had a problem with them just rating it 10/10. Behaviour you speak of is definitely stupid, though I believe it happens with basically every fanbase ever.
Jul 14, 2019 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
Imaishi said:
Artifex_ said:

Well my experience with Jojo and FMAB fanbase have been "Your opinion of the show is wrong it's the best anime show ever" So when they act like authoritarian figures or gatekeepers on opinion of an anime and present or act like it's an objective fact I will call them out. Do you know the people I met or came across who aren't presenting it as objective fact? and my last sentence on my previous quoted comment.

I mean ok, if they are like that, sure, fuck these people. Just thought you had a problem with them just rating it 10/10. Behaviour you speak of is definitely stupid, though I believe it happens with basically every fanbase ever.

Possibly but worst in your face experiences from both these fanbases.
Jul 14, 2019 3:00 PM
May 2016
Whgedia said:
Energetic-Nova said:

The number of times I was told “it gets better” and then I finish it and it only got worse far outweighs the number of times it even stayed the same neutral to slightly negative opinion. The fact that it is more likely to get worse than get better... or even stay the same is... I mean if the foundation of a show is bad, it really doesnt matter what is built on top of it or what happens later on.

I could tell you Yugioh gets really good in Battle City but that is the second arc and You could have checked out so many more enjoyable to you anime.

It isnt personal. This isnt arrogance. Arrogance is assuming what is best for you is also best for me.

It is possible to get used to a show And grow affection because of the enormous time sink... it is also possible to go back to a drop show and like it at another time. But if I finish it then and there when I am not in the mood for it....I just hate it.

Clannad gets better, Madoka Magica gets better... I just dont want to hear it anymore.
to think and to say taht you know everything

no one said that. no one thinks that.
Jul 14, 2019 5:21 PM
Sep 2017
shirorinkorin said:
Whgedia said:
Is arrogant to think and to say taht you know everything when you clearly don´t know everything ( cause you know noone can know truly everything ). I never say that what is best for me is best for everyone else, I say that if you finnish a show then you can like it or not, but if you drop a show you get stuck in the "This show was bad" mindset.

It is actually very simple, you don't like an anime then it is bad in your eyes but remember.. keep it to yourself. You don't need to finish show that you don't like because you won't like it anyway ( it doesn't apply in some case but most of the case ) and by dropping it didn't disturb anyone who loves it right?
By seeing the poster 90% of the time you can already know what kind of anime it is like a genre or what and you can already decide to watch it or not, although you won't know the story but you can already decide that you like it or not and that is enough. And don't forget to see the fucking title carefully since there is a case where a certain people bitching about why yuru yuri contain yuri ( excuse me what the fuck ) when the title itself already contain yuri and it is published on comic YURI hime.

Forcing someone to watch anime that they already said that they don't like it is useless. But remember, if you don't like some kind of anime and still watch it don't fucking bitching about it since it is your own fault to force yourself (that anime just not been made for you ). You can see these kind of person on every CGDCT anime page ( I hate that guy who said "being a BIG FAN of CGDCT" when he didn't even watch yuru yuri ). I myself don't like isekai anime (it just not my taste) and I just simply not watch it and watch other anime (and I don't prevent anyone to watch isekai anime so if you like it go on and watch it)

P.S. like what I always said, I hate all the international fanbase out there especially people who complaining about japanese comedy.
I disagree, I didn´t like HxH at the start, and is in my top 5, I didn´t like monogatari at the start and I think is great.

You can´t know by a poster if you will like an anime or not you just can´t, a poster doesn´t have ost, or animation or VA, or story. Is just an image that tells you what the art style is like and how the character desing is like. Imean Yuri on Ice my dude, also bunny girl sempai, titles sometimes doesn´t matter.

Ofc is useless to force someone to watch something they doon´t want to watch but still i think that dropping anime is wrong.
I really disagree with the:

" if you don't like some kind of anime and still watch it don't fucking bitching about it since it is your own fault to force yourself"

The person that experience the show has the right to complain, the person that didn´t finnish it doesn´t have the right to complain.
Jul 14, 2019 5:24 PM
Sep 2017
BestBoiEren said:
Whgedia said:
If you drop stuff you will miss out on good stuff that´s my point. Btw if you got bored watching Monogatari then you probably didn´t catch the deep meaning of the show, which btw it is a harem, but not a typical one.

But I agree Eren is best boi

there is no deep meaning, its just boring conversations lol
Actually there´s a lot of meaning, a lot of people analyzed it already, and is impresive the deph of the dialogue, and actually a lot of people ( and myself ) find the banter really great.
Jul 14, 2019 5:25 PM
Sep 2017
123fendas said:
Whgedia said:
to think and to say taht you know everything

Ofc they he didn´t say it like that, but that is what he meant, you can see it by yourself page 3, comment 150.
Jul 14, 2019 6:24 PM
Jul 2018
Whgedia said:
shirorinkorin said:

It is actually very simple, you don't like an anime then it is bad in your eyes but remember.. keep it to yourself. You don't need to finish show that you don't like because you won't like it anyway ( it doesn't apply in some case but most of the case ) and by dropping it didn't disturb anyone who loves it right?
By seeing the poster 90% of the time you can already know what kind of anime it is like a genre or what and you can already decide to watch it or not, although you won't know the story but you can already decide that you like it or not and that is enough. And don't forget to see the fucking title carefully since there is a case where a certain people bitching about why yuru yuri contain yuri ( excuse me what the fuck ) when the title itself already contain yuri and it is published on comic YURI hime.

Forcing someone to watch anime that they already said that they don't like it is useless. But remember, if you don't like some kind of anime and still watch it don't fucking bitching about it since it is your own fault to force yourself (that anime just not been made for you ). You can see these kind of person on every CGDCT anime page ( I hate that guy who said "being a BIG FAN of CGDCT" when he didn't even watch yuru yuri ). I myself don't like isekai anime (it just not my taste) and I just simply not watch it and watch other anime (and I don't prevent anyone to watch isekai anime so if you like it go on and watch it)

P.S. like what I always said, I hate all the international fanbase out there especially people who complaining about japanese comedy.
I disagree, I didn´t like HxH at the start, and is in my top 5, I didn´t like monogatari at the start and I think is great.

You can´t know by a poster if you will like an anime or not you just can´t, a poster doesn´t have ost, or animation or VA, or story. Is just an image that tells you what the art style is like and how the character desing is like. Imean Yuri on Ice my dude, also bunny girl sempai, titles sometimes doesn´t matter.

Ofc is useless to force someone to watch something they doon´t want to watch but still i think that dropping anime is wrong.

title contain a lot of thing but not all thing ( i already said 90% of the case right ).you mention yuri on ice right? it is written as "ユーリ" (yuuri) and not "ユリ","ゆり", or "百合"(yuri) so people who think that is a yuri anime are not understand japanese.ofcoures by only see the title can't give you a good image of what that anime about so you should check the other like poster and PV or you could read the original source if it is an adaptation.by seeing the poster you can tell what studio made that anime (not all the time of course) and you could avoid it when it is made by shaft if you have an epilepsy ( i avoid watching monogatari because of this (putting aside the story if you couldn't enjoy watching it then why you still did it?)).

i already said that it is don't apply to some case right? and of course you should check the PV ( most of people didn't and it makes me sick ) and check if it is adaptation or not and check the release that of original source ( there are people who bitching about yuru yuri blindly imitate k-on when yuru yuri already published before k-on got an anime so saying that yuru yuri imitate k-on is fucking wrong).

Whgedia said:

" if you don't like some kind of anime and still watch it don't fucking bitching about it since it is your own fault to force yourself"

The person that experience the show has the right to complain, the person that didn´t finnish it doesn´t have the right to complain.

there are a lot of person who didn't finish a show and bitching about it and it fucking pissed me off so i agree (when they are already know that they hate the genre ).

for people who finished it there are two type of cases :
1. people who loves the genre but that anime is a real shit
rule : you already watch and loves all of the foundation anime in that genre ( different country may be different ( let divide it by japan and international ))

example : mayoiga
in this case you could freely bitching about it and i won't prevent you to do so

2. people who don't like the genre but still watch that anime ( sometimes they didn't finish it )

sometimes people like this can be found in isekai and cgdct genre and give an anime a fucking impossible score compared to the others ( like 1 or 3 ). people have different taste and that is why you should find what your taste is and stop forcing yourself to watch a show that you already know you wouldn't like ( sometimes it may not apply to a show that have a plot especially drama (you mention seishun buta series right? it actually pretty accurate with the title if you read the novel )since a good point of drama is impact on the 1 or more last episode of that anime. but if it is slice of life comedy and it is not an adaptation of galge like clannad (or any other key's work) then it won't have any development and you can just not watching it).

example : search : hitoribocchi marumaru seikatsu ( i don't watch isekai so i don't have any example for it)

you always mention monogatari right? like there is a lot of meaning and blablabla...
when people already don't like that kind of anime everything is bad in their eyes and for finishing it or not depend on that person to decide (and they don't have any right to complain if they didn't finish it ofcourse). remember not all person like that kind of anime, a lot of people is not same as everyone.
Jul 14, 2019 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Whgedia said:
123fendas said:

Ofc they he didn´t say it like that, but that is what he meant, you can see it by yourself page 3, comment 150.

he really meant that so you guys should stop arguing about it, case closed.
can i give my opinion on the video? that person is one of a kind of person that i really hate.
Jul 14, 2019 6:37 PM

May 2018
123fendas said:
hunter x hunter

someone got triggered because I dropped it and gave it a bad score. see the conversation on my profile

LOL. That dude sound like elitist and need a life.
Jul 14, 2019 6:59 PM
May 2016
Gorochu said:
123fendas said:
hunter x hunter

someone got triggered because I dropped it and gave it a bad score. see the conversation on my profile

yeah, no kidding

shirorinkorin said:
Whgedia said:

Regardless, that's not what I mean. There's nothing wrong with dropping a show which is uninteresting in the beginning. There are people who have observed that they very often don't end up enjoying an anime if it is unenjoyable in the first episode, so therefore, one may feel that it is a better strategy to drop such an anime, because probabilistically speaking, you'll likely find more anime you enjoy if you skip the anime which bore you in the first episode.

Like Digibro says, his time is limited, and he wants to watch as much great anime as possible. Therefore, for him, it is unwise to linger on anime which are boring in the beginning, because in the time it takes to watch hunter x hunter, with maybe a 1% chance of enjoying it, you can try a couple hundred other anime and come out with maybe ten anime which you enjoy.
Jul 14, 2019 7:02 PM
Jan 2018
Evangelion's fanbase is the only anime fanbase that I've had a problem with. Mainly it's because of their outlook that all anime that features a Moe art style is made as a result of the creators of said anime misinterpreting the message of Evangelion and only looking at how much the characters suffer and wanting to just pander to otaku's. And they constantly worship Hideaki Anno as some messiah and how he's going to "save the otaku". I have never encountered any other fanbase that preaches a mindset as pretentious, obnoxious and cancerous as this one.
ZibsidianJul 14, 2019 7:22 PM
Jul 14, 2019 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Zibsidian said:
Evangelion's fanbase is the only anime fanbase that I've had a problem with. Mainly it's because of their outlook that all anime that features a Moe art style is made as a result of the creators of said anime misinterpreting the message of Evangelion and only looking at how much the characters suffer and wanting to just pander to otaku's. And they constantly worship Hideki Anno as some messiah and how he's going to "save the otaku". I have never encountered any other fanbase that preaches a mindset as pretentious, obnoxious and cancerous as this one.

You misinterpreting "moe" meaning but it doesn't matter anyway so ignore that.
Jul 14, 2019 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
123fendas said:
Gorochu said:

yeah, no kidding

shirorinkorin said:

Regardless, that's not what I mean. There's nothing wrong with dropping a show which is uninteresting in the beginning. There are people who have observed that they very often don't end up enjoying an anime if it is unenjoyable in the first episode, so therefore, one may feel that it is a better strategy to drop such an anime, because probabilistically speaking, you'll likely find more anime you enjoy if you skip the anime which bore you in the first episode.

Like Digibro says, his time is limited, and he wants to watch as much great anime as possible. Therefore, for him, it is unwise to linger on anime which are boring in the beginning, because in the time it takes to watch hunter x hunter, with maybe a 1% chance of enjoying it, you can try a couple hundred other anime and come out with maybe ten anime which you enjoy.
123fendas said:
Gorochu said:

yeah, no kidding

shirorinkorin said:

Read my last post, thank you.

Ignore what ever I type after this :
Jul 14, 2019 7:08 PM
May 2016
shirorinkorin said:
123fendas said:

yeah, no kidding

123fendas said:

yeah, no kidding

"You misinterpreting 'moe' meaning but it doesn't matter anyway so ignore that."

...what? I don't understand what you mean.
Jul 14, 2019 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
123fendas said:
shirorinkorin said:

"You misinterpreting 'moe' meaning but it doesn't matter anyway so ignore that."

You quoted on a wrong post scroll up more XD sorry about that.
Jul 14, 2019 7:16 PM
Feb 2014
Zibsidian said:
Evangelion's fanbase is the only anime fanbase that I've had a problem with. Mainly it's because of their outlook that all anime that features a Moe art style is made as a result of the creators of said anime misinterpreting the message of Evangelion and only looking at how much the characters suffer and wanting to just pander to otaku's. And they constantly worship Hideki Anno as some messiah and how he's going to "save the otaku". I have never encountered any other fanbase that preaches a mindset as pretentious, obnoxious and cancerous as this one.

That's a very inaccurate depiction of what EVAtards are, and I don't like them either.
Jul 14, 2019 7:24 PM
May 2016
shirorinkorin said:
123fendas said:

"he really meant that so you guys should stop arguing about it, case closed.
can i give my opinion on the video? that person is one of a kind of person that i really hate."

...and what am I supposed to make of this? I already read it. What do you want?
Rinshan-san said:
Zibsidian said:

That's a very inaccurate depiction of what EVAtards are, and I don't like them either.

Yeah, neon genesis evangelion fans are a bunch of fucking normies. Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite anime. The fans of Neon Genesis Evangelion frustrate me so damn much. THEY'RE NORMIES! ARGH! FUCKING NORMIES!!!!!!!! IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY I TELL YOU

AND IT'S GOTTEN MUCH WORSE NOW THAT NEON GENESIS EVANGELION IS ON FUCKING NETFLIX. I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY.
Jul 14, 2019 7:26 PM
Feb 2014
123fendas said:
shirorinkorin said:

can i give my opinion on the video? that person is one of a kind of person that i really hate."

Rinshan-san said:

Yeah, neon genesis evangelion fans are a bunch of fucking normies. Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite anime. The fans of Neon Genesis Evangelion frustrate me so damn much. THEY'RE NORMIES! ARGH! FUCKING NORMIES!!!!!!!! IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY I TELL YOU

AND IT'S GOTTEN MUCH WORSE NOW THAT NEON GENESIS EVANGELION IS ON FUCKING NETFLIX. I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY.

Shush zoomer. EVA was never free of the normalfag brigade, this is what you get for buying into memes too much.
Jul 14, 2019 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
123fendas said:
shirorinkorin said:

Rinshan-san said:

Okay you can ignore it since I already forgot that the post that I meant is not my latest post and what you are quoted is not the post that I meant. It is contain an agreement but not all of it are agreement and there is an disagreement to your post, but since it already second time I disturbing your time, you don't need to find it.
Jul 14, 2019 7:35 PM

Nov 2018
JoJo deserves this title for sure. I'm sure the show is good but boy are the fans annoying.
Jul 14, 2019 7:56 PM

Oct 2017
Oh yeah, i decided to not watch further than the first season of Jojo because of it's fanbase.

I didn't found the first season to be good so I just decided to believe that the story ended with Kars being defeatead and with Dio staying dead even thought the fanbase made it obvious for everyone that it isn't the case.
HeimurJul 14, 2019 9:49 PM

Jul 14, 2019 8:04 PM

Jul 2017
Without a doubt Jojo's fanbase takes first place easily.

I'd say 2nd place could go to One piece, Naruto, or MHA.
Jul 14, 2019 8:05 PM
May 2016
Rinshan-san said:
123fendas said:

Shush zoomer. EVA was never free of the normalfag brigade, this is what you get for buying into memes too much.

I didn't say that neon genesis evangelion ever was free of the normalfag brigade. That is not what I meant.

it's just that normies frustrate me. things which I love, unfortunately, normies also love; that is something I'll have to come to terms with somehow.
Jul 14, 2019 8:15 PM

Jul 2016
I'd say Gintama, only because I hate seeing the fans go around telling everyone and their grandma that their sacred anime gets better 50 episodes in. I'm sure the show is great, but come on, we get it already
Jul 14, 2019 8:16 PM
May 2017
Damn this is just a "I use elitist unironically" circlejerk thread huh
Jul 14, 2019 8:18 PM

Jul 2016
As much as I love JoJo, I can see why people are annoyed at the fans. I wish they would just keep the jokes and memes among themselves instead of shitposting jojo references on every corner of the internet. It's a shame that people lost interest in the show because of that
Jul 14, 2019 9:43 PM
Feb 2014
Taifood said:

Because the "elitist" subculture died almost 5 years ago dummy
Jul 15, 2019 12:53 AM
Mar 2014
AnimaExZero said:
It's between:
-One Piece
-One Punch Man (recently about the studio change)
-FMA: Brotherhood
-Dragon Ball
-Naruto
-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Hunter X Hunter
-Tokyo Ghoul (even more after that bullshit people sending hate mails to the creator)
-Fairy Tail

I don't know which of them are the worst, and I couldn't pick just one, but I list them as the worst, and the most annoying fanbases in anime community

Pretty much this, I enjoyed a number of said-anime; but the exaggeration of discussions and especially the Jojokes have been beaten to death at this point.
Can't have a Rainbow with REYN, BABY!
Jul 15, 2019 1:53 AM

May 2010
Rinshan-san said:
Taifood said:

Can't tell if this post is supposed to be ironic, or just completely misinformed and inaccurate.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 15, 2019 1:56 AM

May 2010
EndlessMaria said:
I've been a JJBA fan since 2003 and it's quite shocking how popular it has become. Imo its popularity is deserved.

Wtf is this nonsense. I come back to the forums - JUST FOR YOU. And this is the first comment i find from you :@

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 15, 2019 3:00 AM

Dec 2016
Johan said:
Rinshan-san said:

Can't tell if this post is supposed to be ironic, or just completely misinformed and inaccurate.

A thread discussing annoying fanbases... yet you pay attention to a comment about the E-word, lol

Anyway always fun to have you back here, these forums have been soo boring and dull lately.
Jul 15, 2019 3:02 AM

May 2010
Arkab said:
Johan said:

A thread discussing annoying fanbases... yet you pay attention to a comment about the E-word, lol

Anyway always fun to have you back here, these forums have been soo boring and dull lately.

Tbf i read the first page of the thread and there was a lot i wanted to speak on, but im not usually a fan of tagging 6 day old posts. I try to stick to the most recent stuff worth discussing.

"E-word" lmao

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 15, 2019 5:11 AM

Feb 2017
SnK Fanbase based on threads they made about s3p2 recently.
Jul 15, 2019 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
mushroomcloud said:
I'd say Gintama, only because I hate seeing the fans go around telling everyone and their grandma that their sacred anime gets better 50 episodes in. I'm sure the show is great, but come on, we get it already

It does get better, but if you don't like it after episode 3, you never will.
Jul 15, 2019 5:25 AM

Jan 2015
Whgedia said:
BestBoiEren said:

there is no deep meaning, its just boring conversations lol
Actually there´s a lot of meaning, a lot of people analyzed it already, and is impresive the deph of the dialogue, and actually a lot of people ( and myself ) find the banter really great.

and a lot of people (including myself) find it an incredibly boring snoozefest
Jul 15, 2019 6:05 PM
Sep 2017
shirorinkorin said:
Whgedia said:

title contain a lot of thing but not all thing ( i already said 90% of the case right ).you mention yuri on ice right? it is written as "ユーリ" (yuuri) and not "ユリ","ゆり", or "百合"(yuri) so people who think that is a yuri anime are not understand japanese.ofcoures by only see the title can't give you a good image of what that anime about so you should check the other like poster and PV or you could read the original source if it is an adaptation.by seeing the poster you can tell what studio made that anime (not all the time of course) and you could avoid it when it is made by shaft if you have an epilepsy ( i avoid watching monogatari because of this (putting aside the story if you couldn't enjoy watching it then why you still did it?)).

i already said that it is don't apply to some case right? and of course you should check the PV ( most of people didn't and it makes me sick ) and check if it is adaptation or not and check the release that of original source ( there are people who bitching about yuru yuri blindly imitate k-on when yuru yuri already published before k-on got an anime so saying that yuru yuri imitate k-on is fucking wrong).

Whgedia said:

there are a lot of person who didn't finish a show and bitching about it and it fucking pissed me off so i agree (when they are already know that they hate the genre ).

for people who finished it there are two type of cases :
1. people who loves the genre but that anime is a real shit
rule : you already watch and loves all of the foundation anime in that genre ( different country may be different ( let divide it by japan and international ))

example : mayoiga
in this case you could freely bitching about it and i won't prevent you to do so

2. people who don't like the genre but still watch that anime ( sometimes they didn't finish it )

sometimes people like this can be found in isekai and cgdct genre and give an anime a fucking impossible score compared to the others ( like 1 or 3 ). people have different taste and that is why you should find what your taste is and stop forcing yourself to watch a show that you already know you wouldn't like ( sometimes it may not apply to a show that have a plot especially drama (you mention seishun buta series right? it actually pretty accurate with the title if you read the novel )since a good point of drama is impact on the 1 or more last episode of that anime. but if it is slice of life comedy and it is not an adaptation of galge like clannad (or any other key's work) then it won't have any development and you can just not watching it).

example : search : hitoribocchi marumaru seikatsu ( i don't watch isekai so i don't have any example for it)

you always mention monogatari right? like there is a lot of meaning and blablabla...
when people already don't like that kind of anime everything is bad in their eyes and for finishing it or not depend on that person to decide (and they don't have any right to complain if they didn't finish it ofcourse). remember not all person like that kind of anime, a lot of people is not same as everyone.
I agree with most of what you say. Yeah I talk mostly of Monogatari cause when I started watching it I didn´t like it, but I kept on watching cause I thought it might get better and then it did around ep 12 of Bake I started to like it, then watch Nise and so on.
Jul 15, 2019 6:13 PM

Apr 2018
Really? Why is Jojo getting the most votes? It's one thing to praise a series and constantly make references to it but its a completely different thing to say stuff like "every anime besides this one is shit" which is exactly what the HxH fanbase does! I liked HxH but the fanbase is insufferable. At least us Jojo fans just jokingly make references. We're not doing it to be obnoxious, it's mainly just to see how many other people will get it. It's always nice when you're storming through the youtube comments section and you happen to stumble upon other Jojo fans. HxH on the other hand go out of their way to attack other anime fanbases and call them shit.
Jul 15, 2019 6:17 PM

Nov 2016
otakode said:
Really? Why is Jojo getting the most votes? It's one thing to praise a series and constantly make references to it but its a completely different thing to say stuff like "every anime besides this one is shit" which is exactly what the HxH fanbase does! I liked HxH but the fanbase is insufferable. At least us Jojo fans just jokingly make references. We're not doing it to be obnoxious, it's mainly just to see how many other people will get it. It's always nice when you're storming through the youtube comments section and you happen to stumble upon other Jojo fans. HxH on the other hand go out of their way to attack other anime fanbases and call them shit.
The bad thing is that the "JoJo reference" meme is already dead but people (Usually new to the fandom) keep using it anyway annoying everyone in the process. Even being part of the fandom and maybe even being part of the people that started killing the Joke during DiU's hype cycle this pisses me off since now one of my favorites is seen in a bad light.

Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act. Just watch any video of someone criticizing JoJo and even if its for a good reason like the manga being really inconsistent with its style at the start or because of certain plot holes in the sewries you will find TONS of them.
GokaiKingJul 15, 2019 6:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2019 6:21 PM

Sep 2018
As a Jojo fan, I can agree with these results, but hero academia fans still bug me more
Jul 15, 2019 6:21 PM

Apr 2018
Afloo said:
otakode said:
The bad thing is that the "JoJo reference" meme is already dead but people (Usually new to the fandom) keep using it anyway annoying everyone in the process. Even being part of the fandom and being aprt of the people that started killing the Joke this pisses me off since now one of my favorites is seen in a bad light.

Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.

I believe that meme comes from the fact that Jojo really is a story that gets referenced in a lot of anime. It's been around since the 80s and has influenced a lot about the anime/manga world. I don't really think saying "is that a jojo reference" within itself is a meme. It's just a phrase that was repeated many times.

>Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.
I am aware of that, but I've noticed it even more with the HxH community. You should see what they do in /a/ on 4chan.
Jul 15, 2019 6:37 PM

Nov 2016
otakode said:
Afloo said:
The bad thing is that the "JoJo reference" meme is already dead but people (Usually new to the fandom) keep using it anyway annoying everyone in the process. Even being part of the fandom and being aprt of the people that started killing the Joke this pisses me off since now one of my favorites is seen in a bad light.

Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.

I believe that meme comes from the fact that Jojo really is a story that gets referenced in a lot of anime. It's been around since the 80s and has influenced a lot about the anime/manga world. I don't really think saying "is that a jojo reference" within itself is a meme. It's just a phrase that was repeated many times.

>Also, There are people in the Fandom that act like how you say HxH fans act.
I am aware of that, but I've noticed it even more with the HxH community. You should see what they do in /a/ on 4chan.
The Problem with the "JoJo reference" meme is that people are no longer using it to point out REAL reference for JoJo. The use it a lot of times to point out basic similarities between a show and JoJo even if that similarity comes from a trope as old as Anime or entertainment in general.

An example of a REAL jojo reference would be almost all the Persona Series. I know MegaTen is as old if not older than JoJo but With the Persona series it became apparent that they were referencing JoJo mixing it a little bit with Traditional RPGs. Being the way Demons/Personas act in Persona more similar to JoJo than other Megaten games being in this case your revelious spirit that helps you confront the world. It being a part of your Persona just how stands are beings created from you that stand by you. Both having a sistem dependant on Tarot cards is another indicator of this since here each Persona is linked to a specific Tarot card just like most Part 3 stands were named after tarot Cards

Misplaced JoJo references are a bit easier to explain. An example of this can be Any Vampire. JOJO DIDN'T INVENT VAMPIRES. That should be obvious. Even then a ton of people tend to act like any vampire is a JoJo reference. Another example can be any stolen kiss even though that has always existed in media.

The meme has gotten so out of hand that Anything that looks remotely like JoJo becomes a JoJo reference. You can still make JoJo memes using stuff that isn't related to JoJo. More power to you really if you can make it look like something from the Show, Just don't act like the show itself made the reference when you made it yourself.

I sometimes feel like the entire fandom has become like that girl from OreShura that was Obssessed with JoJo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2019 5:42 PM

Jul 2007
Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:
I've been a JJBA fan since 2003 and it's quite shocking how popular it has become. Imo its popularity is deserved.

Wtf is this nonsense. I come back to the forums - JUST FOR YOU. And this is the first comment i find from you :@
Lol whoops. No one ever responds to me unless I shitpost.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 18, 2019 9:17 PM

May 2010
EndlessMaria said:
Johan said:

LOL but i respond to you :(

I thought you and I were tomodachis :c

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 18, 2019 9:57 PM

Jul 2007
Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:

Of course. It's a delight to have you back in action (´・ω・`)
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 18, 2019 9:59 PM

May 2010
EndlessMaria said:
Johan said:

Hehe only for you, Senpai :*

How you been?

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 18, 2019 10:04 PM

Jul 2007
Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:

How you been?

I've been decent, however this KyoAni news is depressing. How about you?
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 18, 2019 10:18 PM

Oct 2018
look at this and tell me god exsits...

youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Jul 18, 2019 10:29 PM

May 2010
EndlessMaria said:
Johan said:

How you been?

Yeah the KyoAni thing crushed me tbh. I didn[t sleep until 11:00am EDT, and was tweeting/cyphering through information for about 12 hours straight.

I still am constantly checking twitter and other sources for confirmation of the safety of Takemoto.

I'm really disgusted by the whole thing :\

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 18, 2019 10:55 PM

Jul 2007
Johan said:
EndlessMaria said:

Yeah the KyoAni thing crushed me tbh. I didn[t sleep until 11:00am EDT, and was tweeting/cyphering through information for about 12 hours straight.

I still am constantly checking twitter and other sources for confirmation of the safety of Takemoto.

I'm really disgusted by the whole thing :\
The world is so ugly. The entire situation feels surreal. May they rest in peace and I wish the best for the injured and the loved ones of all those affected. What was taken away was something beautiful.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 19, 2019 12:42 AM

Jun 2019
I hate those gokutards in the Dragon Ball fandom who automatically claim that Goku can 'solo the entire anime universe'. Yes, we all know that Goku is strong, but he is NOT the strongest anime character, so please stop overhyping him. This also goes for Saitama fans, I guess.

I also have problems with My hero Academia and Tokyo Ghoul fanboys, but nothing bothers me more than die-hard Dragon Ball fanboys.
No anime is non-canon. Non-canon is canon, but on a different world line.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 44 minutes ago

14 by Jonas-K »»
1 minute ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

127 by EastIndiaCompany »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

73 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
2 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 4 hours ago

5 by VeryRedBags »»
3 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

35 by tmoverbeck »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.