Forum Settings
Forums

What are the soul reasons to like Sword Art Online?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2019 7:26 AM

Sep 2018
Lightstone said:
rohan121 said:

Some good characters like Sinon and Alice
They are my favorites in there own seasons.
By the way who is this girl in your profile picture? She looks like sister of Konno Yuuki.

My profile picture is Haqua from the manga/anime series The World God only Knows.
Jul 16, 2019 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
Here are my reasons (Keep in mind, I haven't seen S2, movie nor Alicization yet):
1. It's a good anime in my opinion.
2. I loved playing MMORPG games so it caught my attention.
3. I actually enjoyed the romance between Kirito and Asuna.
4. Soundtrack is one of the bests. As expected of Yuki Kajiura.

It's definitely not a masterpiece (I can list all the stuff I disliked about SAO) but I still enjoyed it.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Jul 16, 2019 10:33 AM

Jun 2016
I was an alpha toram online player back then when I first watched it. It's really nostalgic, both the game and the anime. I miss those days.
Jul 16, 2019 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
Huh...? Just how is Python a language specialized in AI? It's just a popular language, which is likely why famous machine learning libraries like Tensorflow and PyTorch were developed for it, but the language itself is not specialized in AI in any way. Heck, I wish it was specialized, since that would probably make them unlock multithreading...

Imo SAO is just worse if you look at it from a programmer's perspective, since you can tell just how unrealistic they're being.
Jul 16, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2017
I was raised playing video games so it really connected with me.
"Soul" reasons ;)

Jul 16, 2019 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
1. Like asuna
2. Like kirito
3. Be gay for kirito
4. Be lesbian for asuna

Okay bye enjoy your show now
Jul 16, 2019 11:51 AM
May 2019
NthDegree said:
Huh...? Just how is Python a language specialized in AI? It's just a popular language, which is likely why famous machine learning libraries like Tensorflow and PyTorch were developed for it, but the language itself is not specialized in AI in any way. Heck, I wish it was specialized, since that would probably make them unlock multithreading...

Imo SAO is just worse if you look at it from a programmer's perspective, since you can tell just how unrealistic they're being.

Python is most commonly used for Machine Learning and Data Science. But it is a general purpose programming language it can be used for other things as well like web development(Django), IoT stuff. You can get very creative if you pair it with linux there's a lot of stuff you can do. It's also not difficult to learn when compared with other programming languages this is probably the reason it's taught at universities as a fist programming language so much.

Things don't always have to be realistic in order to be enjoyable take movie hackers(1995) for instance it's very unrealistic representation of hacking but it's still charming and enjoyable.
Jul 16, 2019 11:56 AM
May 2019
Hmm Let me see:
- Cool Soundtrack
- It's an isekai
- I like the characters
- I like the Artwork of the show as well
- Interesting fights
Although abridged version is still the best^^
Jul 16, 2019 1:18 PM

Nov 2016
It's a fun adventure/fantasy story with a good twist. The trap in a video game might be a meme today and some like to say it wasn't the first to do it which is true but it wasn't that popular at the time.

The music is really good the character design are cool with sinon's being great.
JoyBoy_316Jul 16, 2019 1:27 PM
Jul 16, 2019 2:41 PM

Dec 2013
Xstasy said:
NthDegree said:

Python is most commonly used for Machine Learning and Data Science. But it is a general purpose programming language it can be used for other things as well like web development(Django), IoT stuff. You can get very creative if you pair it with linux there's a lot of stuff you can do. It's also not difficult to learn when compared with other programming languages this is probably the reason it's taught at universities as a fist programming language so much.

Things don't always have to be realistic in order to be enjoyable take movie hackers(1995) for instance it's very unrealistic representation of hacking but it's still charming and enjoyable.

Yeah, I've actually been using it for doing some deep learning at work but I just wanted to point out that rather than being specialized in ML, it's a general high level language as you said.

Idk, to me personally I found hacking in TV shows much more entertaining when I didn't know how it was done IRL. If I watch them nowadays my brain just keeps screaming at how inaccurate they are. Although I agree on the general idea of not having to be realistic, it certainly did impact my experience negatively.
Jul 16, 2019 5:08 PM

Mar 2015
The concept of virtual reality. The openings.
Maybe the MMORPG aspect.

These are the only reasons I kind of like SAO
woah there
Jul 16, 2019 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
My sole reason that I was interested in it was for the premise of being stuck in a video game and having to clear 100 floors to escape, so needless to say I was disappointed.

• We got to see very few of the floors being explored in depth and skipped many of them, ending that whole premise in the first half of the series.
  • The action was cool but it didn't feel like the focus most of the time.
  • Many potentially fun characters were sidelined and only showed up for an occasional assist.
  • The dramatic story for the main characters (Kirito, Asuna, and their fairy daughter) did not really resonate with me.

So I think the main reason I was let down is because it was tied to adapting the light novels. I know that light novels are a popular source material for anime because they have an existing fanbase that want to see those stories animated, but I think the only way I would like SAO is if the concept could be totally divorced from the light novel stories and, tbh, turned into more of a generic Naruto-esque shounen.
Jul 16, 2019 8:33 PM
Jul 2019
Lightstone said:
I am describing in points because it's so easy for me.

My reasons:
1. I am a programmer (I am mentioning Python because it's specialized in AI)
2. I am a huge/great gamer. (I can't even mention publishers here because they are too many but I can mention a high difficulty strategy game which is played at International level, DOTA 2: https://youtu.be/3k-cTvUwioc)
3: I like romance and tragic stories. (Those where everyone have their own dreams)
4: Soundtracks and Art. (Always my best reasons)

Post edit: It's "sole" not "soul".

I agree with your points. I’m a gamer as well, the romance is neat. The female MC is a bad ass, but not in a rude way. There’s some tragedy, and some logic in the division of this online game relative to the real world. A selfless mc.
Jul 16, 2019 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
Lightstone said:
Alice (The best), Asuna and Sugu are my waifus from SAO series. :D

Ah yes, Alice. She's great, too! :) In fact, SAO has so many great female characters from Suguha/Leafa, to Asada/Sinon, to Asuna, to Rika, to Sachi, to Selka, it's hard to love just one! :D But I still think Sugu-chan is best girl!
Jul 16, 2019 10:58 PM

Aug 2018
Solar_Ray said:
Lightstone said:
I am describing in points because it's so easy for me.

My reasons:
2. I am a huge/great gamer. (I can't even mention publishers here because they are too many but I can mention a high difficulty strategy game which is played at International level, DOTA 2: https://youtu.be/3k-cTvUwioc)
3: I like romance and tragic stories. (Those where everyone have their own dreams)
4: Soundtracks and Art. (Always my best reasons)

Post edit: It's "sole" not "soul".

I agree with your points. I’m a gamer as well, the romance is neat. The female MC is a bad ass, but not in a rude way. There’s some tragedy, and some logic in the division of this online game relative to the real world. A selfless mc.
Yea you are right Kirito is that type of character and I also love him very much because of his selflessness. His humanity development is the best thing I loved in the whole series that's why my most favorite part of SAO is season 1 part 1.

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 16, 2019 11:01 PM

Aug 2018
SuguChan said:
Lightstone said:
Alice (The best), Asuna and Sugu are my waifus from SAO series. :D

Ah yes, Alice. She's great, too! :) In fact, SAO has so many great female characters from Suguha/Leafa, to Asada/Sinon, to Asuna, to Rika, to Sachi, to Selka, it's hard to love just one! :D But I still think Sugu-chan is best girl!
Yes it's hard to choose which character is the best, I remember this is same as when I thought about the characters of Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda(Also Created by A-1 Pictures).

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 16, 2019 11:06 PM

Aug 2018
NthDegree said:

Sometimes I think that way too but still I want to make this game which is kind of impossible to made (or will take years).

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 16, 2019 11:11 PM

Aug 2018
Xstasy said:
NthDegree said:

Yes you are right about all the things. These kind of shows give us hope to do something hard which is nearly impossible.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 16, 2019 11:30 PM

May 2018
"What are you soul crushing reasons to like Sword Art Online?"
But I don't like it...
It seems I am not part machine as its many AI fans.
Apparently they can mistake it for ь deeply moving drama or something.
alshuJul 16, 2019 11:42 PM
Jul 16, 2019 11:39 PM

Jan 2019
WaifuMaster17 said:

What kind of 'bad' protagonist is number 13 and have 32,839 favorites in MAL?

What kind of 'bad' waifu is number 37 and 20,164 favorites in MAL?

What kind of 'bad' anime gets this huge success?

What kind of 'bad' light novels sold 22 million copies worldwide?

What kind of 'bad' anime movie gets 38.2 million dollars at box office?

What kind of 'bad' political party gets to rule over germany and most of central europe?

don't get me wrong, I do not respect nazism in any way, shape or form, in fact I'm a commie, but that's what it seems you're trying to say: ''How can something be bad if a lot of people like it''. Well, people do like trash, a lot.

I myself do like a lot the Inazuma Eleven franchise although it is based from a videogame and it's not because it is good or anything, but just because I played the games a lot when I was younger and watched the show on TV.

Jul 17, 2019 12:01 AM

Aug 2018
WaifuMaster17 said:

What kind of 'bad' protagonist is number 13 and have 32,839 favorites in MAL?

What kind of 'bad' waifu is number 37 and 20,164 favorites in MAL?

What kind of 'bad' anime gets this huge success?

What kind of 'bad' light novels sold 22 million copies worldwide?

What kind of 'bad' anime movie gets 38.2 million dollars at box office?
You forget one thing:
What kind of 'bad' anime gets number 3 ranking out of 35413 in popularity on MAL?

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Oct 2018
Aincrad is a very gorgeous world, this is probably the main reason for me liking (at least the first 14 episodes) of the anime.
Jul 17, 2019 3:21 AM

Aug 2018
Krav40 said:
Aincrad is a very gorgeous world, this is probably the main reason for me liking (at least the first 14 episodes) of the anime.
Yea first 14 episodes of season 1 are the best of SAO series. :)

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 17, 2019 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Basically the art, the music (I mean, who doesn't love some good ol' Yuki Kajiura), Sinon and probably the Mother's Rosario arc are what makes SAO far from trash.
Jul 17, 2019 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
I always thought the negative reaction towards SAO was a little over-exaggerated. It's never been a show I loved, but I always thought it was fine for what it was.

I mainly enjoyed it for the art, animation, and fight scenes. I view it as more of a "style over substance" sort of series.
Jul 17, 2019 7:28 AM

Feb 2015
It's interesting how nowadays most people are like "it was an ok show, nothing special, but nothing too bad". I on the other hand still dislike almost every aspect of SAO (granted, I only watched the first season and 1 episode of SAO 2). First of all the story is literally fan fiction tier, if not worse. I don't mind a simple story if it's told well, but SAO comes off as if the author didn't give a single shit. And I don't see how the technical aspect saves it. It looks like every other A1 pictures anime and the world is as generic as it gets. The music is okay, but it's very underwhelming if you're familiar with the composers older work such as the music in .Hack, like this one:
AshitaNoJonasJul 17, 2019 11:19 AM
Jul 17, 2019 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Ignoring the sad 3 I gave, you could say that the 'good' points are:

The OP music (the OP itself is so-so). I like LiSA's songs so maybe I'm being biased here?
Yuki Kajiura. On point.
The actual POTENTIAL of the whole series. The execution is way off.
The art. Somewhat.

The forced relationship was a let down. As with the rest of the show. I guess it's because I dove into the first three episodes with so much hype only to doze off through the rest, that the disappointment was at a high. And that fairy arc, what the actual heck.
Jul 17, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2016
AshitaNoJonas said:
It's interesting how nowadays most people are like "it was an ok show, nothing special, but nothing to bad". I on the other hand still dislike almost every aspect of SAO (granted, I only watched the first season and 1 episode of SAO 2). First of all the story is literally fan fiction tier, if not worse. I don't mind a simple story if it's told well, but SAO comes off as if the author didn't give a single shit. And I don't see how the technical aspect saves it. It looks like every other A1 pictures anime and the world is as generic as it gets. The music is okay, but it's very underwhelming if you're familiar with the composers older work such as the music in .Hack, like this one:
when people like you decide its worse, when your only reference is anime and not a novel. And all stories is fiction based, so its a matter of your cup of tea and this series is not for you.

Jul 17, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2016
Bunsuke said:
Lightstone said:

My reasons:
2. I am a huge/great gamer.

if you're a programmer and a gamer it should he exra blatantly obvious to you that kawahara knows almost nothing about games or programming and comepleteley writes out of his ass
what is your evidence of this assumption, ass.

Jul 17, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2016
Bunsuke said:
chriskor022 said:
what is your evidence of this assumption, ass.

im lazy, here's 40 minutes of evidence of this assumption that i dont have to personally go out of my way to spoon feed to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GXCo-InnpU
you lost the credibility, when you gave me video about a youtuber. So you trust them than the author?

Jul 17, 2019 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
1.There are people who worked a lot to animate the light novel (manga,whatever)

This is it
Jul 17, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2018
I'm gonna be original here:

The OST. It's good. It's great.

And also the Gun Gale arc was quite fun. The rest is okay, I guess
Oregairu is life
Jul 17, 2019 12:11 PM

Jun 2019
I know a lot of people hate on SAO but personally I like the animation style, the world building and the soundtrack.

The holes in the storyline lessens the shows appeal imo, but certain parts of the different seasons were done amazingly and will be some of my favourite moments watching an anime show (when the unwell girl, Yuuki, i think her name was died, and everyone in Alfheim flew down to pay their respects to her at the Tree - beautiful imagery).

I enjoyed SAO Alizication more than I expected to, although all the flux-light business got a bit tangled and un-realistic, but overall an enjoyable viewing experience and looking forward to SAO Underworld.
Jul 17, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2019
So you can appreciate SAO abridged version.
Jul 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2017
Klein.               
Jul 17, 2019 3:03 PM

May 2010
AshitaNoJonas said:
It's interesting how nowadays most people are like "it was an ok show, nothing special, but nothing too bad". I on the other hand still dislike almost every aspect of SAO (granted, I only watched the first season and 1 episode of SAO 2). First of all the story is literally fan fiction tier, if not worse. I don't mind a simple story if it's told well, but SAO comes off as if the author didn't give a single shit. And I don't see how the technical aspect saves it. It looks like every other A1 pictures anime and the world is as generic as it gets. The music is okay, but it's very underwhelming if you're familiar with the composers older work such as the music in .Hack, like this one:

Yo everytime i see you, you post the most worthless posts i see. Didn';t i encourage you to find a new medium already?

This one ain't it fam

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 17, 2019 7:11 PM

Nov 2016
Everything ggo and its a guilty pleasure anime
Jul 17, 2019 11:20 PM

Aug 2018
Bunsuke said:
Lightstone said:

My reasons:
2. I am a huge/great gamer.

if you're a programmer and a gamer it should he exra blatantly obvious to you that kawahara knows almost nothing about games or programming and comepletely writes out of his ass
I personaly thought about what are the requirements to make an AI like "Yui", so I found out that it can easily take lifetime of a person to made her. And about Kawahara, he doesn't know much about programming, but he know about gaming at least, because he wants this game to be in the real life. I think he knows that this game is the most difficult thing to be created in the world of technology but perhaps he made SAO series so people can gain motivation to struggle to create a game like SAO??
H_LightstoneJul 17, 2019 11:27 PM

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 18, 2019 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
AshitaNoJonas said:

That actually sounds great.
I'm just here to say that.
I'm too lazy and not interested enough into watching more from SAO, so I can't tell, if the sequels might be better.
Jul 18, 2019 2:31 AM

Jul 2019
Dont' like it. It's sexist bs just watch mothers basement video on it.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Jul 18, 2019 2:56 AM

Aug 2018
AnimeFeminist said:
Dont' like it. It's sexist bs just watch mothers basement video on it.

Mother's Basement's thoughts are very low because he lives in basement and never got a chance to look at the beauties of the sky.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 18, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
Johan said:
AshitaNoJonas said:

Yo everytime i see you, you post the most worthless posts i see. Didn';t i encourage you to find a new medium already?

This one ain't it fam

So SAO defines the entire medium of anime now? There are plenty of anime that I like, just because I dislike this one show means I should drop anime alltogether?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

27 by MichaelJackson »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
33 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
36 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
38 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.