Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever watched an anime or manga and thought,"How the heck did it became so popular"?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 16, 2019 3:04 PM

Feb 2019
I used to think this about Seishun Buta and Kimi no Na wa, but now I have accepted they must have something going on for them that I don't appreciate and others do. That's just how taste works.
Jul 16, 2019 3:26 PM

Oct 2017
Shingeki no Kyojin ... Simple... His Story it's very great, manificg and materpiece!
It's not anime/manga with a story Predictable

Jul 16, 2019 3:31 PM

Jul 2016
Monogatari series is heap of bad cliches and boring premise, that seeping through the mind of weebs. Thinking its a masterpiece when its not.

Jul 16, 2019 4:05 PM

Jan 2018
Johan said:
Xstasy said:
No all anime that are popular are popular for a reason, it means that are people that do enjoy them even if you don't.
People in general have a different tastes.

I just don't understand why is it so difficult to grasp that others like things that you don't and vice versa.
This is like 10th tread with the same question why is X(overrated,underrated,popular,unpopular,hated,loved,etc...) and the answer is the same different anime fans have different taste.

Why are all you people who joined this website in like may/july 2019 talking on these topics as if you're some kind of expert?

Yo who are you.

Why does it matter when people make their accounts?
Jul 16, 2019 4:21 PM
Apr 2013
There are definitely some anime out there I really dislike, but for almost all of them I can at least imagine some kind of reason why people would like them.

The first one I intended to write would be Cowboy Bebop, but after some thinking I can imagine why people like it. It happened to air at a good time (both slot- and yearwise), with an actually good dub. That generation is the main bulk of anime fans today and upvoted it, and todays fans see the high votes and follow because they are afraid of getting hated if they say anything different.
For Bebop itself, it is a horrendously bad researched world, with even worse characters and animations, and to top it all of, its sole reason of existance is Watanabe pushing his political agenda. Captain Marvel got flag for that stuff, Bebop praise... double standards much?

The second one is Ping Pong the Animation. The name 'the Animation' is an audacity towards the word animation, because it is pretty far away from being (decently) animated. The story, the characters, for the most part all worthless.
If I were to guess why this became popular... I don't know? Perhaps it profitted from having a lot of fans from its manga in '95? Perhaps people talked about it on 4chan? Maybe people just were bored, because as far as I remember 2014 was kinda a weak year overall.
Jul 16, 2019 4:22 PM

Apr 2015
Profaneprayer said:

Johan's been gloating about how's been on this for years or something, along with throwing insults around like it's nothing, just ignore him. Bet he'll throw another one just for me making this post.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 16, 2019 4:41 PM

Oct 2016
Yes, it happens to me with almost every newer anime I watch.
Jul 16, 2019 4:42 PM

Jan 2018
Tropisch said:
Profaneprayer said:

Johan's been gloating about how's been on this for years or something, along with throwing insults around like it's nothing, just ignore him. Bet he'll throw another one just for me making this post.

Yea I browse these forums every now and then and I feel like a lot of the times I see him post its this really pretentious thing or talking down to someone in some way :/ but I guess we all gotta find self worth somehow
ProfaneprayerJul 16, 2019 4:49 PM
Jul 16, 2019 4:46 PM

Dec 2012
I usually don't find it hard to figure out why it's popular, even when I don't agree. One man's trash is another's treasure.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 16, 2019 9:09 PM

Oct 2018
Another, it was just so forgettable in my opinion. I guess it wasn't bad, but I caught myself rewatching so many scenes because I zoned off while watching. This might sound somewhat elitist but can someone tell me what they found interesting about the Show? What made it great and so popular

I think of myself as a pretty understanding person, I for one am not the biggest death note fan, but cannot deny it's originality and execution. I understand how it's the most popular anime on this site.

And damn, this thread is so salty what the heck

youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Jul 16, 2019 9:17 PM
Apr 2017
Definetly 7 Deadly Sins, I only watched 2 episodes, but it came off as unbearably corny and cliche. Too much fanservice, shitty writing, I don't get why people eat it up along with other similar shows.

I'm not Japanese, so I'm sure most of the jokes flew over my head, but Gintama also blows my mind as to how it's ranked so damn high. I might've chuckled like once after 20 or so episodes, and I've heard it doesn't really change much throughout the series, so I don't get why people praise it so highly.

Finally, I'd have to give the "Why the fuck do people like this show?" crown to Angel Beats. It eludes every fiber of my being how anyone could even bother to finish this show without falling asleep, let alone grow attached to the characters and story. The concept makes no damn sense and it's probably the worst paced show I've ever watched, probably because they put entire episodes of filler in a 1 cour show. The tragic backstories are corny as hell and the 2 MCs really just reminded me of a dollar store Haruhi and Kyon, just without any of the chemistry. Unremarkable Music, decent at best art and animation, but hey, the opening is a banger, I'll give it that.
Jul 16, 2019 11:22 PM
Jul 2019
All you need to do is think about the market, human nature, and relatability and this should just about never happen.
Jul 17, 2019 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
Kimi no na wa
I knew it would be popular but people I know are still talking about it. It's not that good in my opinion.

Your lie in April
I never completed it because of the fact that it kept dragging on. As pretty as it was, it was boring, bland, cliche, annoying, the works . . . I still don't understand why it's so popular. A good 13 episodes might've been better than more than 20.

Violet Evergarden
Beautiful, fluid animation but I didn't have the patience to watch the last episode. Once again, it's probably the prettiness of everything that makes it popular like every other KyoAni anime.

SAO
Don't get me wrong, the first few episodes were thrilling and I thought I'd be a huge fan. But the ridiculously OP character ruined it for me. Why is it still popular, I have no clue.

Code Geass
Now I like Code Geass. A lot. But I still have no idea how it got so well known.
Jul 17, 2019 2:43 AM

Feb 2013
For me it was Shingeki no kyojin, but the 3rd season was fantastic so iv changed my mind.

SAO has far too many plot holes so ill never understand why that got so much love.
Jul 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Oct 2015
This thread has descended into a "Which anime do you think is overrated" thread.

I'm quite open to new things and even if I don't like something I can often see what attracts people to it. That said, I've never understood why

Re:Zero, Shield Hero, Darling in the Franxx, and SSS.Gridman blew up! It honestly boggles my mind.
Jul 17, 2019 2:59 AM

Sep 2018
Some shows are popular for reasons i may understand (simple action where you don't need to think etc.) but i still don't get the people claiming it "greatest thing ever" or saying "how do you not enjoy this", be aware i might butt hurt your cute ass.

This Fairy shit, running headband dude, edgy Boi streaming at naked bois, Edgy ga kill, gamer Boi with no personality getting harem, Green guy eating hair.

I don't think any of those are necessarily bad but i still don't get the HUGE fanbase surrounding them.
Jul 17, 2019 5:22 AM

Jan 2013
TheCobraSlayer said:
Going to take an unusual opinion in this thread and say Steins;Gate. No matter how incredible the second half is, on a first viewing the first half is a complete slog to get into without much in the way of interesting characters (Okabe seems to get better later). Considering that’s **12 episodes* of mediocrity/a slog on the first watch it’s really surprising to me Steins;Gate is as popular as it is.

The first half is the exact reason why people got so invested in the characters and makes the second half a lot more emotional, for me at least.
I actually really enjoyed the first half, the chemistry is amazing between all the characters and the foreshadowing ... I love it :D

chriskor022 said:
Monogatari series is heap of bad cliches and boring premise, that seeping through the mind of weebs. Thinking its a masterpiece when its not.

I loved the unique way of the storytelling and eventually learning more and more about the whole world.
I can definitely understand why people initially like it a lot, starting with Bake but then giving up with the next installment.
The way they tell the story (not chronologically) can be confusing or make scenes feel less important.
But I definitely appreciated the entire series SO much more after finally watching the latest installment which kinda wraps up the end ... and the start of how everything started.
PrOxAntoJul 17, 2019 5:39 AM
Jul 17, 2019 5:53 AM
Oct 2016
My Hero Academia, i've never thaught that it would get so popular. I watched the first Episodes way back when it was airing and noone cared about this series. But now its so popular and the commnuity is so trash that i can't enjoy the show or even the manga anymore.
Jul 17, 2019 7:16 AM

Jun 2014
NickRedMachine said:
I want to say Evangelion, but I think me saying that is just a product of time. I watched it last year, and didn't understand the hype at all, because I had seen quite a few shows that just did that style of storytelling better. If you put it in its timeframe, though, you can see how many things it inspired.

But on its own, I stand by the statement. I don't think it's all that.

I've personally never seen an anime quite like Evangelion, and I think most people will agree that's it's an innovative work on the human condition and non-conventional storytelling, even today. (especially ep 25/26 and EoE)
What anime do you think executed a similar style of storytelling? Anno is quite unique in his way of directing, only a handful of other directors have that level of creativity.
I also watched Eva last year and I didn't watch a single anime afterwards for months because I felt I'd "seen everything anime had to offer" with Eva.

Jul 17, 2019 7:25 AM
Apr 2017
Pernodi said:
NickRedMachine said:
I want to say Evangelion, but I think me saying that is just a product of time. I watched it last year, and didn't understand the hype at all, because I had seen quite a few shows that just did that style of storytelling better. If you put it in its timeframe, though, you can see how many things it inspired.

But on its own, I stand by the statement. I don't think it's all that.

I've personally never seen an anime quite like Evangelion, and I think most people will agree that's it's an innovative work on the human condition and non-conventional storytelling, even today. (especially ep 25/26 and EoE)
What anime do you think executed a similar style of storytelling? Anno is quite unique in his way of directing, only a handful of other directors have that level of creativity.
I also watched Eva last year and I didn't watch a single anime afterwards for months because I felt I'd "seen everything anime had to offer" with Eva.

Alright, that's taking it a bit far. I absolutely agree that Evangelion is one of the most innovative shows to ever be made, and End of Evangelion is probably my favorite movie of all time, but it is by no means all anime has to offer. Saying that severely demeans so many other masterpieces that the anime medium as given us.
Jul 17, 2019 7:34 AM

Jun 2014
Masutado said:

Alright, that's taking it a bit far. I absolutely agree that Evangelion is one of the most innovative shows to ever be made, and End of Evangelion is probably my favorite movie of all time, but it is by no means all anime has to offer. Saying that severely demeans so many other masterpieces that the anime medium as given us.

Episode 26 resonated with me in a way no other anime has ever done. To me, it's (one of the) only anime that everyone should view at least once in their life.
Generally, most anime is shitty, but it's creative directors like Anno, Miyazaki, Watanabe, Yuasa and all those others who are willing to use the medium to it's fullest potential.

Jul 17, 2019 7:37 AM
May 2018
mwalimu said:
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - They make bullying out to be cute. I don't get how people could enjoy watching that.

But... Takagi-san is not a popular anime ^^'. We're hearing about it now because the second season is airing, but once it's over it just goes into oblivion like most seasonal animes.
Also, it's not bullying, it's teasing. Not the same thing at all. Takagi is not bullying Nishikata, she's hitting on him. The difference is pretty clear...
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Jul 17, 2019 7:46 AM
Apr 2017
Pernodi said:
Masutado said:

Episode 26 resonated with me in a way no other anime has ever done. To me, it's (one of the) only anime that everyone should view at least once in their life.
Generally, most anime is shitty, but it's creative directors like Anno, Miyazaki, Watanabe, Yuasa and all those others who are willing to use the medium to it's fullest potential.

Maybe it did resonate with you on another level like no other anime has, doesn't mean it's "all that anime has to offer". I agree that probably 90% of all anime is garbage, but that rule applies to pretty much any medium. I also agree the directors you mentioned are incredible, but they aren't the only ones in the industry.
Jul 17, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2017
zieek said:
AesthethiccWaifu said:

burh you didnt watch jojo yet
you cant have an opinion on something if you havent watched it yet

I watched "Jojo" up too ep 12 when Joseph Joestar had met his mother and began training, also he had met the three aliens and needed to get ready to face them.

ah i see, i saw you didnt have it in your list so i thought you didnt watch it yet, sorry about that

butyouknowidontreallywannagivemyopinionbutmaybeyoucouldtrytofinishitimeanmaybeyouwilllikeitimeanithoughtthefightswereprettygoodiswearpart3isbetterthenpart1and2
<3 "Nothing compares to Dark Enchantress Cookie's greatness!" <3
Jul 17, 2019 7:53 AM

Oct 2015
For me it was No Game No Life. I still don't get it.
Omnia munda mundis
Jul 17, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2018
Johan said:
Xstasy said:
No all anime that are popular are popular for a reason, it means that are people that do enjoy them even if you don't.
People in general have a different tastes.

I just don't understand why is it so difficult to grasp that others like things that you don't and vice versa.
This is like 10th tread with the same question why is X(overrated,underrated,popular,unpopular,hated,loved,etc...) and the answer is the same different anime fans have different taste.

Why are all you people who joined this website in like may/july 2019 talking on these topics as if you're some kind of expert?

Yo who are you.

Yea ikr, ur such a chad omg!! I totally agree w u ppl should never express their OWN fkin opinion smfh. Like i literally can't believe that mal user just said what he thinks, that's a crime srsly. Ahh, what can I say, thanks for such toxicity and retarded-ness of yours that contribute to the constructiveness within this intransigent community.
PreacheeJul 17, 2019 10:45 AM
. . .
Jul 17, 2019 11:11 AM

Dec 2018
Definitely Kimi no Nawa. It isnt't horrible, but I have zero clues as to why it is praised as much as it is
Oregairu is life
Jul 17, 2019 11:38 AM

Jun 2019
Masutado said:
Pernodi said:

Maybe it did resonate with you on another level like no other anime has, doesn't mean it's "all that anime has to offer". I agree that probably 90% of all anime is garbage, but that rule applies to pretty much any medium. I also agree the directors you mentioned are incredible, but they aren't the only ones in the industry.

What it comes down to, I think, is everything is going to have a different level of resonance with everyone. I've heard a lot of folks express the view that one of the reasons Eva moved them so and felt it was inspirational and spoke to them was because they themselves struggled with depression and really identified with and related to Shinji. Personally, I don't know if I've ever seen a protagonist I disliked more thoroughly and wanted to kick in the head, so that wasn't true for me at all and partially dampened the watching experience. Great stories are filled with unlikable characters, but usually not as the protagonists and not so consistently and egregiously show throughout the length of the show's run.

Certain characters and themes in a show I think really put it over the top for some people whereas those same characters might be totally alien and opposite to either another person's life experience or what they personally want out of a story.

I actually think it's great if Eva has helped so many depressed teens growing up in a coming-of-age sort of way or even older adults later in life, but the feeling of being worthless, seeking to please everyone around you, feeling unworthy of life, and feeling so self-conscious and self-hating really is something I truly don't relate to at all and find annoying and tiresome to watch on screen after so much time.

And there are even some animes which I loved, but I still thought in the back of my mind "This would be even more moving and powerful to me if something in it related to and touched me in a personal way". Those for me would be more like young men struggling to find their place in the world in some way (which obviously is most likely to be found in seinen) but not undergoing self-loathing or depersonalization. Then there are amazing stories I see which might be the most impactful for teen girls with suicidal ideation. I can still appreciate it on every level even if it doesn't have that extra oomph for me.

My main complaint with Eva was too many of the characters being irritating to the point of derailing the entire story.
WatchTillTandavaJul 17, 2019 11:44 AM
Jul 17, 2019 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Rarely, but I still question anyone who thought Devilman: Crybaby deserved anime of the year.
Jul 17, 2019 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
Sometimes. Good example is Kimi no Na wa.
Was really nice and pretty to look like, but the characters didn't really grab my attention. Seriously, the whole time I was watching I didn't see a single reason to care about whether or not those two got together by the end.
Jul 17, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2010
Preachee said:
Johan said:

Yo who are you.

Yea ikr, ur such a chad omg!! I totally agree w u ppl should never express their OWN fkin opinion smfh. Like i literally can't believe that mal user just said what he thinks, that's a crime srsly. Ahh, what can I say, thanks for such toxicity and retarded-ness of yours that contribute to the constructiveness within this intransigent community.

Hoiw cute a person who';s account is 8 months old defending someone who's account is 2 months old.

Before you tag me, why don't you learn who i am first LOL.

Smh, every nobody out here trying to make a name for themselves, not realising i'll forget who you people are by tomorrow.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 17, 2019 1:35 PM

May 2018
InTheDatabase said:
Definitely Kimi no Nawa. It isnt't horrible, but I have zero clues as to why it is praised as much as it is

it's cuz it looks fucking awesome and... yes

@thread for me it's code geass
reformed
Jul 17, 2019 1:37 PM
May 2018
No because I am not a complete idiot. If you can't understand why a show like one punch man or attack on titan would be popular you aren't looking very hard
Jul 17, 2019 1:55 PM
Dec 2013
Everytime I watch anything in the top 5 most-watched series each season?
Jul 17, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2017
Johan said:
Preachee said:

Hoiw cute a person who';s account is 8 months old defending someone who's account is 2 months old.

Smh, every nobody out here trying to make a name for themselves, not realising i'll forget who you people are by tomorrow.

>imagine thinking you are smarter than the rest because you joined this site earlier than the others
stop being retarded mate
Jul 17, 2019 2:27 PM

May 2010
Cyber_Icarus said:
Johan said:

>imagine thinking you are smarter than the rest because you joined this site earlier than the others
stop being retarded mate

No i think I'm smarter than others due to my innate intelligence, IQ, deductive reasoning, and a plethora of other- more relevant factors.

My time on this site is however, directly related to my watching experience, and anyone will tell you experience is very relevant in anything you wish to discuss.

10 years debating certain topics, and 3000+ anime seen - mean i'm probably pretty well rounded on these things.

I know you're not too bright though, and the fact you're tagging me again for attention is kind of sad.

Like I said you'll never be Andocommando to me, or Zephsilver, or Karhu brah. You're literally a nobody and always will be - no matter how hard you try to insert yourself in the conversation

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 17, 2019 2:28 PM

Mar 2019
MakingTheMaouCry said:
I always thought that SnK didn't feel as popular as it looks on MAL.
Sure the plot description is really interesting but it doesn't perform as well after the strong beginning until at the final arcs.
Along with that one punch man rising to popularity so much was also very unexpected.
Popularity is different from acclaim — having said that it's still fairly popular.

What I really never got is how Dragon Ball can be both popular and acclaimed... as in everyone I ever met that knew of it thought it was ridiculous and it's kind of infamous for how bad and awful it is yet it's fairly acclaimed on this website.

Where these niggers at that unironically watch D.B.? — never have I met one.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 17, 2019 3:15 PM

Jan 2017
Johan said:
Cyber_Icarus said:

stop being retarded mate

No i think I'm smarter than others due to my innate intelligence, IQ, deductive reasoning, and a plethora of other- more relevant factors.

My time on this site is however, directly related to my watching experience, and anyone will tell you experience is very relevant in anything you wish to discuss.

10 years debating certain topics, and 3000+ anime seen - mean i'm probably pretty well rounded on these things.

I know you're not too bright though, and the fact you're tagging me again for attention is kind of sad.

Like I said you'll never be Andocommando to me, or Zephsilver, or Karhu brah. You're literally a nobody and always will be - no matter how hard you try to insert yourself in the conversation

Thanks for the fresh pasta boi. I have been looking for some good ones for sometime.

ps: i'm not tagging you for attention. i'm taking the piss you egghead. if you're gonna "make fun of the goofs" here then don't be surprised when people make fun of you jimmy boi.
Cyber_IcarusJul 17, 2019 3:22 PM
Jul 17, 2019 3:29 PM

Dec 2015
Johan said:
Cyber_Icarus said:

stop being retarded mate

You do realize that if you were some great intellectual you probably wouldn't be spending your time arguing on MAL right?
Jul 17, 2019 3:32 PM

Dec 2015
About the topic I personally never think about why something is so popular because I can usually at least find one aspect about the anime that I could see someone enjoying.
Jul 17, 2019 3:35 PM
May 2018
Johan said:
Cyber_Icarus said:

stop being retarded mate

if your'e so smart go do something more productive with your time than watching 3000 anime you fucking loser
Jul 17, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Play2X said:

The second one is Ping Pong the Animation. The name 'the Animation' is an audacity towards the word animation, because it is pretty far away from being (decently) animated. The story, the characters, for the most part all worthless.
If I were to guess why this became popular... I don't know? Perhaps it profitted from having a lot of fans from its manga in '95? Perhaps people talked about it on 4chan? Maybe people just were bored, because as far as I remember 2014 was kinda a weak year overall.

There is also a live action movie in early 2000 and I find it much better than the anime

But it was not as popular. Both manga and film are too niche.
Jul 17, 2019 4:01 PM
Feb 2017
Johan said:
Cyber_Icarus said:

stop being retarded mate

I don't see why you are arguing with what he is saying and shutting him down for spending <1 year on this website. He has his own opinions, and if he wants to explain them he does or does not have to do so. If he doesn't explain them, respectfully ask why he thinks that way and/or give your view on why you disagree. Attacking him for not stating every single reason of why they didn't like it is nitpicking and downright annoying.

Learn to treat other people like human beings, you're no more special than the next person. Anyone who says otherwise is living in a fantasy land inside of their head.

I agree though, Kimi no na Wa was a good movie.
Jul 17, 2019 4:56 PM

Jan 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
Johan said:

I don't see why you are arguing with what he is saying and shutting him down for spending <1 year on this website. He has his own opinions, and if he wants to explain them he does or does not have to do so. If he doesn't explain them, respectfully ask why he thinks that way and/or give your view on why you disagree. Attacking him for not stating every single reason of why they didn't like it is nitpicking and downright annoying.

Learn to treat other people like human beings, you're no more special than the next person. Anyone who says otherwise is living in a fantasy land inside of their head.

I agree though, Kimi no na Wa was a good movie.

Don't bother trying to reason with this guy, mate. A lot of people tried doing that several times but he's stubborn AF. He has some mental issues, a clear superiority complex and he's a lil bit obsessed with stopping the "evil elitists" aka a dead meme that's been dead for a long time.
Cyber_IcarusJul 17, 2019 5:00 PM
Jul 17, 2019 5:46 PM

Nov 2016
I have seen many stupid threads recently but this one really takes the cake

If you want to know why something gets popular then I don't know go take a lesson on marketing, product placement and audience/customer study.

Many of the shows mentioned in this thread aren't just good or great shows but they also came out at the perfect time for them to get the most attention.

SNK: It's 2013, the zombie craze is dying down but still going strong with the walking dead still really popular, and the last of us just came out and to this day is still talked about as one of the greatest games of the generation. People just love that shit but crave something to spice things up and boom here comes the giant zombies.

OPM: 2015, the second avengers movie just came out, guardian of the galaxy was a homerun, the DCEU and x men franchises aren't trainwrecks yet, superheros and geek culture are everywhere but some are starting to get tired and here comes a show that parody everything superhero/shounen with some of the best fighting animations of the decade.

Eva: Now take the previous examples and replace zombies and superheros with mechas and add to that that it was one of the first mature animes to air on tv and not direct to dvd ovas.

RE zero: Replace zombies with isekais
SAO: Replace zombies with MMOs
Jul 17, 2019 6:09 PM

Dec 2018
Johan said:
Preachee said:

Ahahaha, wth r u even saying, "make a name for themselves"??? May I ask a very simple question, what do you think MAL even is? A sanctuary? Maybe a place that is so worthy that people could ultimately be so chad like you sir? Nah pretty sure everyone knows how they shouldn't be giving a shid their joining day, and if lucky, some would understand that respect is important, but my my, it's not you I seem my little stupid user...

Lemme put it this way shall we,

First off, you actually think by joining this site at the early 2010 would make you so much better than everyone else, that you are somehow peerless and understand so mich about the art of anime huh? That's cute coz I have watched thousands of movies and read fuc-ton of books, but I somehow still so dumb when compare to you in terms of "art of cinema" right??? Oh yes it's because I joined so frickin late, how can I not think of that...

Secondly, your ego is bloody massive my boy. Being born in 91 but your immaturity amazes me. Disrespecting and looking down to them for the most trivial and stupid reason anyone could ever possibly imagine.

Yes, here I am, arguing with a stupid MAL user who thinks having 2k anime and joined in 2010 is something sacred..
Btw, whoever u are my dear, even Miyazaki or Aristotle, your attitude is so low-life, and for that matter, to me, is enough to stop caring about any other aspect. Good day!
. . .
Jul 17, 2019 6:41 PM
Jul 2019
Sucks that this just turned in to bashing popular anime, instead of talking about weirdly popular shows.

I don't really "get" the mass appeal of No game No life. I get that it came out around Sao's time and people would just eat anything like that up. But what that show is actually like is so different from your typical isekai story that i have trouble seeing how it got to be one of the more popular ones.
Jul 17, 2019 7:51 PM
Apr 2017
Johan said:
Cyber_Icarus said:

stop being retarded mate

Man, everybody on this site is a fuckin nobody, it's an anime forum for god's sake XD

Joke's aside, fuck off mate. I don't care if you're the smartest man alive, clearly you aren't smart enough to realize that you're wasting your time typing up insults on the internet. Nobody gives a shit if you've watched 3000 anime or 3 million, in the end, watching some TV shows doesn't really amount to much.
Jul 17, 2019 9:53 PM
Jan 2009
Some of those cute girls doing cute things series come to mind!
Jul 17, 2019 11:46 PM

Jul 2019
I have jojo. I don't understand how can this misogynistic anime that promotes toxic masculinity be this popular.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 6 minutes ago

0 by WatchTillTandava »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 1 hour ago

11 by SwordBreaker36 »»
15 minutes ago

» The nicest chest you've seen on a male or female character

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

11 by Zarutaku »»
16 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

27 by SwordBreaker36 »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

30 by PlasticRobot »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.