Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2019 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, a little bit of mystery in this. I like it.

Not to mention, we have the threat of a meteor and racing against time to survive this episode. I actually found this rather thrilling for the way the storytelling is directed.
Stark700Jul 17, 2019 6:09 AM
Jul 17, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2017
OH YES this episode is what I was waiting for. Even though I've read the manga, some scenes here were still absolutely bone-chilling.

The direction in this show continues top-notch and they're doing just as good of a job of adapting the manga. In fact, I continue to enjoy this adaptation even more than the manga. The atmosphere of tension and mystery comes across great and is truly thrilling.
Jul 17, 2019 6:56 AM

Aug 2018
Better than last week but still not quite up to the level of episode 1.

Aries comes through again (a couple of times this episode).

The show was very strong when exploring the intrigue surrounding their situation.

Can anyone comment on the Yunhua towel-in-mouth save? Never heard of that method of saving someone from "drowning" before... If it's BS, then it reinforces the fact that this sci-fi show really needs to put in more effort on the "science" side---especially when it comes to key moments like that.

7.5/10
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 17, 2019 7:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Seems like we're going full Danganronpa over here
Jul 17, 2019 7:05 AM

May 2016
Spaceship said:

Can anyone comment on the Yunhua towel-in-mouth save? Never heard of that method of saving someone from "drowning" before... If it's BS, then it reinforces the fact that this sci-fi show really needs to put in more effort on the "science" side---especially when it comes to key moments like that.

7.5/10

I think what essentially happened was the water due to the lack of gravity took a semi- solid form and blocked her mouth, the towel absorbed the orb of water that blocked her mouth, therefore stopping her from drowning.
Jul 17, 2019 7:06 AM

May 2017
HaXXspetten said:

Ehistox said:
Spaceship said:

7.5/10

I think what essentially happened was the water due to the lack of gravity took a semi- solid form and blocked her mouth, the towel absorbed the orb of water that blocked her mouth, therefore stopping her from drowning.

They had to abbreviate what happened to save time, this is the panel from the manga:

Jul 17, 2019 7:09 AM

Aug 2018
Ehistox said:

ycleped said:
They had to abbreviate what happened to save time, this is the panel from the manga:

Ah thanks. Much appreciated! That would have been a mouthful (pun intended) to explain in such a tense situation.

Also when the power came back online and the gravity generator kicked back in, I'm assuming the ship has some kind of inertial damper system to reduce the acceleration forces on the crew (and the ship's structure)...
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 17, 2019 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. So the ship was hit by a meteor and was about to crash. Good thing they worked as a team to avoid that crash.

Jul 17, 2019 7:20 AM

Apr 2019
they did a fantastic job adapting this ep
the way they switched that one scene ( u guys know what i mean )
really adds the the suspension
can't wait to see the rest adapted
the sound directing was really great and the OST is pretty nice
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 17, 2019 7:30 AM
Sep 2015
I'm quite disappointed that it goes 'Everyone is a suspect' route, unless Kanata is the man who did it. I can see some reasons though it's very weak, like he found out that his teacher's death is not an accident and try to revenge for him.
Jul 17, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2016
Wild guess. Aries is the culprit and her different eye colors hint at a split personality xD

Pretty great episode again. Love the intensity and the teamwork.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2019 7:50 AM

Aug 2018
FMmatron said:
Wild guess. Aries is the culprit and her different eye colors hint at a split personality xD

Maybe... They seem to be setting up a Kanata-Aries ship pretty hard so that would definitely be a twist.

Or it could be none of them and the ship is being sabotaged remotely...
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 17, 2019 8:15 AM

Jul 2015
The story is getting some interesting progress. I hope it keeps improving.

Jul 17, 2019 8:15 AM
Sep 2016
I gotta admit, I can't really tell who's the traitor yet but I have my guesses.

Ulgar and Yunhua are too obvious. Funi and her sister are not suspects either due to one not having the grip strength and the other hates this so much that I can't see it.

However, Aries and Charce are the biggest suspects just because of the lack of backstory. Plus, we don't really know any of their powers, especially Charce who just seems smart and being a major flirt. Seems kinda shady.
It really do be like that though.

Jul 17, 2019 8:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Quite the thrilling episode, this!

Mystery and Suspicions flooding in but the team managed to stay and put together another commendable teamwork to beat the odds yet again. Kanata evaluating each and every character was a really nice touch to it at the start. Good idea to share the info with all the steady revelations but Quitterie of course wouldn’t be able to keep her calm and composure. Got to let Aries handle that xD. Yunhua’s past is a little suspicious of sorts but there’s no denying those last few seconds were dedicated to raise doubts regarding Utgar. I have a feeling there’s more than one traitor amidst the group here and I really look forward to seeing how things will play out from here onwards! Seriously curious as to why the higher-ups are looking to finish off these kids though or are they even?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 17, 2019 8:30 AM
Feb 2015
Im betting its someone overly happy or shy.
Jul 17, 2019 8:31 AM

Nov 2017
Where did Sasuke get a gun?
Jul 17, 2019 8:36 AM

Apr 2019
TheDopplerEffect said:
Where did Sasuke get a gun?

remember when he got out of the storage room ?
he had that same suitcase? with him
is suitcase the right word? , don't know the vocabulary for it
but you get what i mean, that case thing he was carrying when he got out of the storage room.

Mod Edit: Removed quote and response to a deleted post.
TenshoJul 17, 2019 9:20 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 17, 2019 8:44 AM

Mar 2017
That was another awesome episode!

I liked the high tension in this one and the increasing paranoia! At the moment i feel like the most suspect are Aries (transferred school at just the right time and is very involved in all that goes wrong) and Yun Hua (seems really secretive and we don't know anything about her at all). It looks like the anime is setting up Ulgar to look like the most guilty though but that's just waaaay to obvious!
Jul 17, 2019 8:44 AM
Apr 2016
A lot of drama between each other. Nearly crashed, managed to survive. Interesting episode.
Jul 17, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
These episode discussions are always amusing. Manga readers trying to guess if there is a foreshadowing to spoilers, while there are debates about its shounen tone.

That aside, everything conveniently going fine for the process would always seem odd, but then again the manga resolved this issue by explaining some things.

Last transition scene for the ending song was good though.
Jul 17, 2019 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
Ulgar has a gun now, this is the fourth third the show has started so far. First the black hole, second the communicator being destroyed, and now a gun. I wonder when we'll get any answers, hopefully soon because it's getting tiring.

Supergenius trained space piolet Zach somehow put the ship into the planet's orbit, went to eat snacks and chat with the group, then when he checked the ship's progress it was 9 minutes away from crash landing and killing everyone aboard. Well, I think it's safe to say he's not as smart as the show constantly tells us he is.
Jul 17, 2019 9:24 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Do not discuss the manga beyond this episode. Do not discuss or otherwise post spoilers regarding events beyond this episode, tagged or untagged.

--
spoiler posts removed.
Jul 17, 2019 9:27 AM
Jun 2016
I get the feel Ulgar is too suspicious to be the assassin, if he was that'd be a very transparent development. Wonder who will it be, or if there even is one.
Jul 17, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2018
How the hell could that flying alien thing move freely in zero gravity? I'm not a physicist but pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work.
Jul 17, 2019 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
They shouldn't have discussed the possibility of a suicide attack in front of the ten year old :o
Jul 17, 2019 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
i dont understand kanata's decision to tell everyone that theres a spy among them, how would they still trust each other?
Jul 17, 2019 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
Liking the working together aspects of the show so far. Ulgar turned out to be pretty useful. That revelation at the end though

FMmatron said:

Maybe she's just secretly just Rikka Takanashi but isn't afraid of hiding her wicked eye huehueheu
Jul 17, 2019 10:02 AM
Jan 2019
An exciting episode! With all the business of the plan to kill everyone, the killer and the ship about to crash. Got damn! It made my spiky hair a bit 😅.

Now, who is the murderer? Many seem suspicious, but mainly Ulgar for possessing a weapon ... and also Yunhua, his low self-esteem could bring suicidal acts.
I am intrigued by all this mystery. The good thing is that the beautiful Aries is to calm the tense situation. They did a good team work.

Ps: Damn alien bird, almost kill them all, LOL.
Jul 17, 2019 10:08 AM
Oct 2017
Nefregar said:
How the hell could that flying alien thing move freely in zero gravity? I'm not a physicist but pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work.

I'm no physicist either but if there's air in the spaceship then the bird should be able to fly since flying is basically pushing air. I might be wrong though.
Jul 17, 2019 10:17 AM
Sep 2012
another quality episode, keep them coming!
Jul 17, 2019 10:22 AM

Aug 2018
Alien the 10th Passenger was real !

Good episode but I think this was a really bad idea to reveal that a traitor lies within the group. That will only make everyone suspecting everyone else...
Jul 17, 2019 10:29 AM

Oct 2016
>Aries has differently colored eyes.
I looked back to episodes 1 and 2 to see if this was consistent and it looks like it was, so I guess that's cool.
>"Companions? I haven't had any for 17 years."
Jesus Christ, just shut up.
-I feel like they're hinting that it's Ulgar, but I also still feel like that would be too obvious. I think they're making it "too obvious" on purpose, and it's gonna actually be someone else. But who knows...besides people who have already read the manga.
-Well, it's Day 24 and Quitterie is still being nice, so that's nice.
>"Put her on B-5 and we'll illuminate them all."
What did he mean by this?
-Well, looks like someone is trying to kill them all. If this is the case, I wonder why. And if one of them truly is a kamikaze type of person, I wonder if killing these guys is important or something. I guess time will tell.
-Definitely getting some Danganronpa (VN) vibes. 11037
-I wonder how accurate that drowning scene was. I mean if the water got to her lungs, I don't see how a towel would help, but I'm not going to pretend like I'm super well-educated when it comes to gravity and whatnot.
-Poor Yunhua is getting that 3rd wheel/9th wheel feeling that Funicia had last episode.
-I liked Kanata's and Luca's reactions to the flying critter.
>"Guns were abolished like 100 years ago."
KUYASHII
>Ulgar has a gun.
Hmm. I wonder what he'll end up doing with this. I imagine he might end up pointing it at another person. If he isn't the traitor, he's definitely nervous too, and given his loner personality, that seems like something he may end up doing. If he does, Kanata will probably calm things down though. And all this is assuming that Ulgar is not the traitor. I'm definitely interested in seeing what's going to happen. I have a feeling that the next episode is going to have similar vibes to episode 2. It's still an alright show so far, but nothing special. Given the "whodunnit" vibe though, this could go either way. And also given how appraised the manga is, I am definitely looking forward to what comes next.

Here are some things they had in the manga that they didn't put in the anime (only covering the chapters that covered this episode so there shouldn't be any spoilers. I'm as in the dark as the rest of you, but I went ahead and put on a spoilers tag just to be safe because I don't want to get this post removed):

Spaceship said:
Better than last week but still not quite up to the level of episode 1.

Aries comes through again (a couple of times this episode).

The show was very strong when exploring the intrigue surrounding their situation.

7.5/10

>Better than last week but still not quite up to the level of episode 1.
I thought so too.
>Can anyone comment on the Yunhua towel-in-mouth save? Never heard of that method of saving someone from "drowning" before... If it's BS, then it reinforces the fact that this sci-fi show really needs to put in more effort on the "science" side---especially when it comes to key moments like that.
I was wondering how accurate that was too. I hope someone with more knowledge on gravity and whatnot can tell us.

HaXXspetten said:

Good taste.

ycleped said:
HaXXspetten said:

Ehistox said:

Still though, if the water got into her lungs the towel wouldn't have helped. But I guess all it really requires is for a bubble of water to block the breathing path. I would still like to know how accurate this all is.

phantomfandom said:
I'm quite disappointed that it goes 'Everyone is a suspect' route, unless Kanata is the man who did it. I can see some reasons though it's very weak, like he found out that his teacher's death is not an accident and try to revenge for him.

I guess that's a possibility, but I don't see why he would kill everyone. Also that wouldn't explain the inner-monologue.

RebelPanda said:
Ulgar has a gun now, this is the fourth third the show has started so far. First the black hole, second the communicator being destroyed, and now a gun. I wonder when we'll get any answers, hopefully soon because it's getting tiring.

Supergenius trained space piolet Zach somehow put the ship into the planet's orbit, went to eat snacks and chat with the group, then when he checked the ship's progress it was 9 minutes away from crash landing and killing everyone aboard. Well, I think it's safe to say he's not as smart as the show constantly tells us he is.

>Supergenius trained space piolet Zach somehow put the ship into the planet's orbit, went to eat snacks and chat with the group, then when he checked the ship's progress it was 9 minutes away from crash landing and killing everyone aboard. Well, I think it's safe to say he's not as smart as the show constantly tells us he is.
Either it's bad writing or it's good writing and he's actually the traitor. I guess we'll find out.

Nefregar said:

That is a very good point.

_Spectacled_ said:
They shouldn't have discussed the possibility of a suicide attack in front of the ten year old :o

In a situation like this, I'd say it's fine.

trenchantbaka said:
Nefregar said:

I'm no physicist either but if there's air in the spaceship then the bird should be able to fly since flying is basically pushing air. I might be wrong though.

Oh yeah, I guess you have a point.
EDIT:
Updated signature because Tinypic is shutting down.

PikslapJul 28, 2019 6:39 PM
Jul 17, 2019 10:49 AM
Sep 2017
uhm.. I'm losing steam with this show. Maybe a bit too dramatic? Maybe is that the leads are not interesting enough, I don't know.
Jul 17, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2018
I feel like all the characters have something in common, right now the characters we kind of got to know all have parent issues, Kanata didn't continue athletics as his father wanted, Quitterie's parents simply didn't care for her, Funicia is an orphan which means some parent issue(dead or left alone), Ulgar's father is the vice-principle and is ashamed of his son, Yun Hua's mother doesn't want her because to her she is useless. I assume the others would also have to do something with their parents, Aries mother looked fine though.

I don't know, this is the only common thing among them I could find. Also their is one shot in the OP with all the parents of the students, I think, I haven't read manga.
Jul 17, 2019 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
yea they are trying hard to make Ulgar (and Yunhua) the suspicious ones when its probably gonna end up being someone like Charce (those pretty boys always fool everybody) or Zack lol
Jul 17, 2019 11:38 AM
Sep 2016
It's getting worst each week, it started pretty strong but damn it keep getting stupider, and the characters are kinda boring.
I really hope the next planet is interesting (unlike the first one).
Jul 17, 2019 11:43 AM

Oct 2018
I'm honestly shocked at how unsuspecting yet suspecting everyone aboard is looking at this point. Ulgar and Yunhua seem way too suspicious, so I'm guessing the way they are is simply just their personality. Then again, fishy is fishy and they both reek of it.

Zack has been the most active towards finding a plan and manning the ship and in general being smart about the whole situation, he's really cooperative so he seems harmless. He's the one discovered the issue, then again he could've done it himself and told Kanata to seem unsuspicious.

Kanata could be acting SUPER well here, but Kanata just doesn't seem like a suicidal person who would want to go through another survival trip tragedy again.

Funicia is 10, I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know what everyone's even talking about half the time. Quitterie is the one being the most annoying about this entire ordeal, why would she do it?

Luca, Aries and Charce are the ones that catch my attention. Luca and Aries both seem like happy-go-lucky people who are super cooperative and all about that friendship. We also don't know much about their pasts. Same with Charce, idk if he was trying to be humble by saying in the beginning he was only "good" at biology, because Kanata called him really smart in general and with biology. He's got the charming prince vibe, he's a good cook yet we don't know much about him either.

This is gonna be a rollercoaster ride, the mystery element is really making this show top-notch, not to mention the animation, idea of friendship and working so well together for a way home. Great show so far.
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Jul 17, 2019 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
I think killer was set up from the beginning and is not a suicide attack.
Jul 17, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2009
ooo I'm liking the mystery/thriller parts of this.

is this series supposed to be 13 episodes? Maybe more? the series MAL page doesn't show the number of episodes yet.
Jul 17, 2019 12:57 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A solid EP that while doing well in showing the kind of problems that Kanata has in trying to ascertain who the saboteur is also served to expand upon the plot by revealing the plan that the killer had for the team. Rather than keep the fact a secret from the team it was good that this was revealed as it enabled them to see how serious this situation has become. The discussion about the killer's motives also provided some rather interesting theories on Aries part. The meteor strike though sure served to both forestall the sense of distrust while forcing the team to work together to deal with the crisis that it caused.The expansion upon Ulgar and Yunhua's characters while still very brief was welcome. Though im curious as to how bad Ulgar's relationship with his family is considering how he has a actual firearm. A solid EP and a ending theme as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2019 1:02 PM

Aug 2018
Shingster said:
A solid EP and a ending theme as well.

Yes the ED song is very catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_BoHNpUGuc
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 17, 2019 1:38 PM
Nov 2018
Cdynamo said:
I gotta admit, I can't really tell who's the traitor yet but I have my guesses.

Ulgar and Yunhua are too obvious. Funi and her sister are not suspects either due to one not having the grip strength and the other hates this so much that I can't see it.

However, Aries and Charce are the biggest suspects just because of the lack of backstory. Plus, we don't really know any of their powers, especially Charce who just seems smart and being a major flirt. Seems kinda shady.

I think it has to be Luca, act like a dolt but is low key smart. She (He?) hasn't said much and kanata only gave her (him?) a brief suspicion.
Jul 17, 2019 1:43 PM

Oct 2014
Y'all are saying the traitor is Ulgar or Yolanda but there's way more evidence that it's Aries.
Jul 17, 2019 1:46 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty interesting. Especially with no clear hints on who is the traitor. Ulgar being a red herring is pretty obvious I think.

Could be one that is controlled by hypnosis.

Also it is weird that the sister of Quitterie visually seems like she could be her biological sister.

Might even be the little sister as traitor. Something in her robot/puppet controlling her.

Or Aries. Or the male main. (But that would mean the viewer gets trolled and fake info when they show their points of view.)
Jul 17, 2019 2:10 PM

Sep 2013
I tend to hate anime sci-fi but this has been pretty decent so far.
Jul 17, 2019 2:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Spaceship said:
Shingster said:
A solid EP and a ending theme as well.

Yes the ED song is very catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_BoHNpUGuc

Thanks for the link. Glad we agreed lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2019 2:38 PM

Oct 2017
trenchantbaka said:
Nefregar said:

How about not burning up in the atmosphere and basicaly stoping a few feet from the ground? xD
Jul 17, 2019 2:44 PM

Jun 2017
I didn't even notice Aries had different colored eyes...

Ulgar is pretty suspicious with the gun now. Now then, they did state guns were outlawed like 100 years ago and since that ship is very old he could have just found it in the storage (and he did walk out with the same gun case too during that scene). So it's probably not something he originally brought along and could have just picked it up for later in case shit goes down or something.

Also Zack....*uuppps sorry forgot the force field* waaaaaaaaaat I am not buying it xD
Jul 17, 2019 2:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm betting on Luca and Aries. They're too happy go lucky from my taste.

Wild theory: Maybe this is just all a big test of their abilities? In this way it reminds of classic anime film "They Were 11" which had some similarities with this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.